What's the appeal of Etrian Odyssey?

What's the appeal of Etrian Odyssey?

Attached: chara_img.png (1500x1315, 1.1M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1WW0GEotp2M
youtube.com/watch?v=BxYqhU_YNKQ
youtube.com/watch?v=eMwBSGv-OrM
youtube.com/watch?v=HZ7WFBhA2Ok
youtube.com/watch?v=UEsgRhIhHf8
youtube.com/watch?v=14U64jWO85s
youtube.com/watch?v=t5xCCnB1X5g
youtube.com/watch?v=c1_7UQHIDcA
youtube.com/watch?v=I6lvuV0263E
youtube.com/watch?v=k7wNtsK3fT4
youtube.com/watch?v=0OSSikFd-DU
youtube.com/watch?v=n8oXTroxKTE
youtube.com/watch?v=r9jGvaEWEeM
youtube.com/watch?v=c99UIQY5ORE
youtube.com/watch?v=L-3k-GbYuuE
youtube.com/watch?v=9WYRQXrn7YM
youtube.com/watch?v=IhLHFCnxjbM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It’s fun

It forces you to get good or grind until you are bored out of your mind.
It's a really fair game series.

Tell me something about it. I used to enjoy JRPGs back in the day, but I haven't really played any newer ones. What's it like?

its one of those games like dragon quest that only appeal to those who already like it for what it is

Dungeon crawler with heavy focus on mapping.
It has no characters and the story is pretty light (unless you play story modes of the first two games).

Potato race was a mistake. Because of it, true lolis didn't exist in the game.

It's tough, the classes are pretty fun to use and the dungeons are usually well designed. The map drawing on the bottom screen appeals to a very specific kind of autism. Great music, too. Overall a pretty solid series, if you like dungeon crawlers. 4 is considered the easiest in the series if you're interested in trying it out.

party optimizing autism

good sense of adventure, hostile dungeons, series feels like a struggle against adversity and superbosses will fuck you up

It's alright if you like dungeon crawling and making your own maps.
It's great if you like making your own stories about your party and have an active imagination.
Basically, you must be this autistic to ride this ride.

It's basically is almost blank slate story and characters, you make maps, etc. I at least respect it.

They're better

Attached: 1554437084420.jpg (650x640, 61K)

c____

icky the ricky!

Play EO3 or EOU2 and find out.

Ricky.

>Being this much of an itemlet

It is difficult, but not unfair. This means that you are always slightly scared of the new monster you encounter, because you don't know yet how to deal with it. If you know the map and monsters then it is walk in the park, if you don't then every new step is a success. I might be overselling this a bit, but fact is that you do feel like you explore and unknown is dangerous in those games.
Party customization is great. I can't tell you how many hours outside of game I have spend just thinking what my party needs at the time and how to rework it.
It is one of those rpgs that status moves are useful. In fact they are key to many encounters and they work on boss monsters. It ain't persona.
Lolis, but seriously the artist who does the art has very distinct style which is really cute. Reminds me of Ragnarok. I even bought "Heart of Crown" physical deck building game because he made art for it.
Map drawing for autism.
Characters are blank and story is skeleton. You have to imagine your own characters and stories they have in the dungeon. Trust me, you will have plenty situation with one man standing and you want to imagine this. In general as other user said, you must be this autistic to ride this ride.

Attached: 1507874411568.png (549x833, 577K)

Dungeon crawler with some pretty interesting combat mechanics. Music is quite nice and the girls are cute.

Just try one of the Demo's.

Yuzo Koshiro and Noriyuki Kamikura

>Mobs are easy enough for players to figure out without wiping but not too easy that you'd be able to just breeze through with your brain on autopilot
The games do a good job of hitting that middle ground.

>It is difficult, but not unfair.
BAP!

Attached: 58497465_p0.jpg (1000x1000, 1.05M)

>It has no characters and the story is pretty light
I want more of this desu. I'm tired of rpgs that try to make me care about premade party members. Give me more games that let me create a party of nobodies and tell the story through the world we're exploring.

2 classes weren't enough though. I really wanted to see more portraits. Kinda surprised there wasnt more DLC portraits of the multiple races.

>If you know the map and monsters then it is walk in the park, if you don't then every new step is a success
And this is why Nexus wasn't great, most of the enemies where from the previous games. There wasn't very much new and exciting stuff.
>I even bought "Heart of Crown" physical deck building game because he made art for it.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who did this

Attached: Jew Loli.png (476x662, 194K)

It's CUTE and FOE.

I like the games but they are too hard for me.

so whats the best EO game?
i wanna play emulate one on PC?

Honesty it has some of my favorite music in JRPGs.
youtube.com/watch?v=1WW0GEotp2M
youtube.com/watch?v=BxYqhU_YNKQ
youtube.com/watch?v=eMwBSGv-OrM
youtube.com/watch?v=HZ7WFBhA2Ok
youtube.com/watch?v=UEsgRhIhHf8
youtube.com/watch?v=14U64jWO85s
youtube.com/watch?v=t5xCCnB1X5g
youtube.com/watch?v=c1_7UQHIDcA
youtube.com/watch?v=I6lvuV0263E
youtube.com/watch?v=k7wNtsK3fT4
youtube.com/watch?v=0OSSikFd-DU
youtube.com/watch?v=n8oXTroxKTE
youtube.com/watch?v=r9jGvaEWEeM
youtube.com/watch?v=c99UIQY5ORE
youtube.com/watch?v=L-3k-GbYuuE
youtube.com/watch?v=9WYRQXrn7YM

3. You can emulate it. I'm emulating it with RetroArch Desmume core.

thanks for the input
really wanted to try one long time but lack of handhelds in slavland didnt help

my first etrian odyssey was 2, as a kid

i felt like that game was really unfair on both ends
>squirrel takes THREE adriane threads
but then later
>ronin just casually oneshots the 2nd stratum boss

Attached: 316118.jpg (225x350, 28K)

My first was Etrian odyssey untold story mode so i would recomend that,

otherwise etrian odyssey 5 is pretty good to start with. 4 is alittle different from the other and easier so it might be a good choice to start with since there aren't any classes that you need to have to complete endgame, 3 considered the best DS etrian game so you might want too look into that one. skip 1 and 2 they lack many of the quality of life that gets added in the later games unless of course you like that.

you can emulate all you just might need something a little better than a toaster if you want to play the 3ds games though.

It's cute and funny.

>so whats the best EO game?
3. 2U is also pretty solid.
>emulate

Does EON emulate well?

It's a no bullshit dungeon crawler. Sometimes you just want to be given 30 levels of enemies and puzzles with no faggotry between you and the end.

It's probably one of the only challenging JRPGs were party management and skills will make or break you.

Attached: 37744d182fae6e25fbd7d64c5815f2e94b20c5a4.jpg (1406x2067, 601K)

*lick*

Attached: 02.png (476x819, 278K)

How easy would it be to trick a bunny into sex?

Attached: 1523737979482.jpg (1300x1594, 1.1M)

Don't even need to trick them, they're permanently in the breeding mood.

Why did they have to make EO5's blonde so ugly?

Stop making these posts.

Attached: 1507935092903.png (226x212, 88K)

autism simulator
I knew a little fatlus manlet Yea Forumsermin named marshall who worshipped this game

No

Attached: 1504069576836.png (1400x1200, 62K)

What are you smoking?

Attached: 1550499792463.jpg (455x882, 86K)

SPEEEEEEEEEED

Attached: 1524613640891.jpg (472x874, 205K)

nice fan art

They made the EOV blonde unbeliavably cute. For some reason they picked another character to be in the cover though.

Attached: 026_i_026.jpg (1448x2048, 378K)

That's clearly a redhead though

I want to give Ricky the licky

Play me.

Attached: 184896725.png (256x256, 63K)

nene is cute
youtube.com/watch?v=IhLHFCnxjbM

mai waifu a qt

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.png (300x400, 115K)

I want to put my pene in nene