What went wrong?

Attached: kf2.png (640x640, 789K)

teleporting zeds
"""balance"""
robots
and most importantly, retarded devs

consoles

Left 4 dead just has a better feel to it

Honestly just lacked the charm of the original one. The guns were beefy, the concept was good, the characters were goofy meme machines, and it all came together like team fortress 2.
The new one is basically the old one with better graphics. Nobody bought it that way so they started doing retarded shit like loot boxes, skins, upgrades, dumb perks, ect. Now nobody wants to play it since its just an even worse KF1. The guns sound like pop guns.

dlc bloat (same shit that killed kf1)
not addressing issues soon enough
spending an eternity in early access, by the time the game was "complete" everyone was bored
focusing on dumb shit modes and garbage enemies people didn't want instead of the thing that people always want more of in these games: maps, maps, maps more maps there's a reason every single mod is a new map

DUDE LOOT BOXES LMAO

The atmosphere, robots, Survivalist, and FPs raging on spawn. I still love it, but I wish they'd fucking fix these.

This but also
Better graphics wasted on poor map design.
Loot boxes released every update making characters neon, retarded and distracting.
Like 3 good characters, nearly no good lines.
Robot vendor.

Attached: 10bux1gun.png (485x93, 9K)

The game feels claustrophobic most maps are like this too main reason I hate it the game play is nice but its rather soul less.

This

>only thing keeping the game alive is new guns and maps for free
>start charging for new guns
>community get pissed
>damage control by reusing assets to turn 1 gun into another gun with 0 differences

Wouldnt be surprised if they start charging for maps next

Attached: 1500942832_killing floor 2.jpg (500x375, 110K)

I thought it was boring I'd rather play undead overmeme in rdr's online "mode"
sheesh you think game devs would be better at making hoard games and game modes

Rae.

Tripwire being once more incompetent jews unable to make games, maps and balancing

Trash zeds blocking their heads and having really strong head protection.

Also is it just me or did the netcode really go to shit (probably when they added versus)? The game used to feel great even at high pings (~200ms was unnoticeable), but for at least a couple of years ago it started to feel like shit even at 120ms ping.

online doesn't like you torrenting or having some sort of desync even though for the 99% of other games your torrent settings work wonders

Idk but those pings are pretty awful, I wouldn't want to play at anything above 80ms

Can someone explain me how to play firebug, I feel completely fucking impotent when I choose that class

The pacing is all off.
The zed speeds are all fucking wrong. The scrakes/fleshpounds walking speed should be slower. Everything moves too quickly at walking speed.

The weapons/classes are atrocious compared to KF1.
Each class in KF1 had a purpose, they each had utility.
Now it's like, I have no idea wtf some of these classes are. They're pointless and serve no purpose.
Sharpshooter used to be worth playing. Popping scrake heads was great. Now the class is dogshit and you can't even do that.

Everyone may as well play as commando/medic/berserker.

They literally need to just replicate everything about KF1, and just slap shinier graphics on it for Killing Floor 3, and work on 1-2 GOOD new maps and classes that are actually worth a damn to play.

Really all we ever needed was better graphics and gore with the same core gameplay, and they couldn't even get that right.

I'll play KF1 until Tripwire gets their heads out of their asses.

>bring the heat
>ground fire
>napalm
>heat wave
>zed time doesn't really matter
You are now a poor man's berserker. Find a chokepoint. Use the flamethrower and microwave gun and hold the trash back while the other guys clean up the real threats.
there is no good firebug setup lmao just pick commando

>implying KF3 won't be KF2 2 EGS exclusive

They chose an engine that is hard as fuck to mod. KF1's modding community was huge.

Somehow it's really boring compare to kf1 with that game size, how is this possible

Also, unless things have changed recently (I haven't played this dogshit game in over a year), a high level Berserker can literally solo the hardest difficulty, and not even be challenged, its a fucking cakewalk. Your entire team can die at the start of each wave and you can still easily win.

This game is trash.

I hate how the zeds got super fast and spastic unlike in kf1

Nothing until recently (except the size).
Most of the complaints are absolutely retarded.

>Most of the complaints are absolutely retarded.
In this thread or in general?

They scrapped the martial arts class.

They got cozy with their early access money and just slowed updates to a stop.

Then started adding micro transactions like crazy.

Everything feels like it lost SOUL

Attached: 1549100293409.jpg (672x473, 60K)

i still remember when boomers were shilling this game so fucking hard they started doxing People for shitting on it

>unlike in kf1
wot?

The latter.

>Loot boxes released every update making characters neon, retarded and distracting.
Seriously what's up with the fucking neon skins? Is it just because they're easier to design or because zoomers actually love that shit?

not enough door welding IMO.

Finally somebody mentions the fucking blocking.
>Why yes, I would like to spend twice as long killing gorefasts/fiends/bloats that are in the way of all the other things I need to kill, thanks Tripwire

Wat. I could have sworn Sharps can still pop SC and FP heads. You just need the M99 and all the stupid standing still talents.

Good point. That's another thing they fucked up.

Door welding used to be a viable tactic. Now? No one fucking does it.

There was nothing better than holding up in an area with your back to a door, and you've got your life in the hands of the guy keep the door welded.

If everyone does what they're supposed to, you make it out alive.

But thinks could get fucked up so quick, and boy did it happen often. Fucking two fleshpounds bust open the door and you get pinched from both sides with the largest wave the game can handle.

It hasn't gone f2p yet.

I don't know, I haven't played in well over a year. I just remember playing Sharpshooter being absolute trash due to the pacing and lack of head popping ability.

Maybe they changed it since I last played.

With the shit skins, weapon DLC and microtransactions it really feels like one.

I think it works, but I generally go FAL/M14 or M14/SPX because I don't trust randos with trash clear, so I could be wrong.

Lack of unique graphics
Meh gunplay
Moar microtransaction shit

I wish people still played kf1
kf1 with mods is so much better than 2

Sharpshooter (with m14 and LAR) used to be my main perk all the way back to kf1 but nowadays I run support because it's just better in every way.

I just go Commando. Most randoms are fucking shit at trash clearing, and I end up having to kill SCs anyway after some level 12 guy joins as a second commando on wave 8 and shoots them in the fucking chest on Suicidal. Yes I mad.

this
kf2 still doesn't have custom zeds, abilities or l4d-style objective mode maps

It collapsed on itself, I don't know why they tried.

The irony

It ditched the gritty feeling KF1 had in exchange for shitty neon meme cosmetics in loot boxes. Can't even play multiplayer because I get completely taken out of the game when I see a guy running around in gold pajamas with a pink shark on his head

This.
Also the awful "emotes"

I really enjoyed Killing Floor 2. It just needed more bosses.

Yes please, Tripwire jam more larger normal zeds as bosses down my throat.

That can be done in KF1 as well, though it probably requires a lot more skill
I remember being in a +20 person server and everyone died save for one berserker who spent the next 20 minutes killing over 200 zeds alone

>soundtrack barely memorable at all
>new tracks are nothing special and only play on event maps
>they never bothered adding classic kf1 music apart from 1-2 songs or any new music at all in general
who's fucking idea was this shit

Attached: 1552392446025.jpg (612x600, 171K)

>loot boxes
>don't get keys for actually playing

Attached: big_1479254007_image.jpg (1280x720, 78K)

Yes, it was possible in KF1. But it was considerably more challenging and there was way less room for error, IMO. I saw many a solo berserker get their shit wrecked from making the slightest mistake.

>The zed speeds are all fucking wrong. The scrakes/fleshpounds walking speed should be slower. Everything moves too quickly at walking speed.
Yeah, pacing is completely off in comparison to 1. In 1 everything moved slower, so it was kinda easier to keep the zeds in check, but if you failed in it, you also got punished harder. KF2 just feels like a clusterfuck in comparison.

Yeah. They were slow in KF1, but they could overwhelm you with numbers.

It just feels like artificial/fake difficulty because everything is faster.

If they slowed it down, increase the zed counts, and make the scrakes/fleshpounds hurt more, it would be amazing.

And make classes relevant again. A good sharpshooter could save your ass in KF1. Now its like, who the fuck cares about sharpshooter or other previously great classes? Just go support and get an AA12 lulz.

Nothing? it is a niche genre, why do you expect it to be played by tens of thousands everyday? its not a competitive game, just some action coop against waves of zombis, it will get repetitive if you play it all the time

meant to reply to you

Don't remember how KF1 worked, but KF2 limits zeds on map to 12 as last player alive.
This completely breaks the game when there is a combat medic or zerker as last person alive.

dragonfire and husk canon and a little space to fall back to and you can tank everything coming your way

Zerker in 1 can solo but he's dead weight when you're camping unless you have him sit on a door the whole time.

obviously none of you even played the game, since I don't see the biggest complaint here
they got rid of the "you're all fur coat no knickers, bitches" line presumably because someone might find it offensive

Post yfw tripwire puts a gun you always wanted in the game as a 10$ dlc because they are jackasses

Attached: 1532072229131.jpg (229x343, 21K)

It had no soul

I'd buy an XM8. Fortunately that won't happen because they already dealt their hand and DLC guns are going to be trash like laser swords or grenade pistol reskins.

all i wanted was a classic fucking ak47 and more irl guns instead of crappy pew pew lazorz shit

Attached: 29026396_375997149551659_3166101657927553539_n.jpg (750x377, 18K)

It didn't work on half the pc's out there

Everything mentioned plus
>weapon upgrades
>every zed that has been introduced since Tropical Bash
>bonus objectives
>announcer with annoying fake French accent

>announcer with annoying fake French accent
I agree, French people speak english with a much worse accent.

That's one of the reasons its so easy, yeah. There were more zeds spawning with one left alive in KF1.

>instead of making her shut up they add extra lines for her like every time you start the first round
fucking why

I never thought I'd miss the black trader from 1 but tripwire found a way.

Blame tripwire ceo for being a hardcore christfag and making all the music christian metal

I LIKE THE BIG ONES, DON'T YOU?

Hmmm...

Perks? Better, shorter time between levels + 'talent' picker is fun
Guns? Meh, not as good since you can't mix inside the perk like you could in KF1, more guns != more fun
Maps? Shit man KF1 maps were much better. Multiple playstyles were even possible, instead of KF2 camp OR run like hell
Difficulty? Honestly one thing that Tripwire is really good at is balancing difficulty. Feels really rewarding to slaughter Zeds on a high difficulty, but in KF2 shit can get sponge-y

>decent looking flirty gun loving black girl
>literally soulless french speaking 3d printer
im pretty sure not even robophiles from /aco/ are attracted to her

>spastic zeds being a pain in the ass to track as sharpie
>robots
>survivalist
>fire panic and changing flamethrower from projectiles to spray killing firebug
>quarter pounds
>flesh pounds spawning enraged
>loot boxes
>nice, understated weapon skins collect dust on the workshop in favor of neon tron lines
>abomination
KF2 started out strong but every content update managed to take one step forwards and two steps back.

I'm trying to beat burning Paris on the hardest difficulty solo and minimum rounds, how do I git gud with the berserker

they turned the whole thing into a le epic wacky run n gun shooter where the real objective is how much of the map you can paint red instead of surviving

>teammates keeps shooting the fp and sc
>die cause lol lets have raged zeds attack people at random
>run halfway across the map towards pod
>lol try not to die again retard

Thank god making her shut the fuck up is as easy as deleting a file.

just block and be level 25 while using that medic bat thing

Do you know how to parry? Can you jumping parry? Congrats, you're a berserker.

They butchered the artstyle. KF1 was already a downgrade from the original mod and then tripwire went completely off the rails with the neon and steampunk bullshit in 2. Go play the original 2005 maps if you haven't yet and see what could have been. The mod was dark as fuck.

The biggest sin isn't even that- I don't mind getting flushed out and having to relocate. It's all the little touches they added to make holding out a lost cause, like doors breaking regardless of how welded they are.

KF1's smorgasbord of mutilated corpses vs KF2's single neon red anatomy dummy they copypaste in all the maps

Playing in suicidal and above makes zed retardly unimmersive, and wonky.

SDK is bugged. Lootboxes are shit.

Welding was an ingenious mechanic in 1 to give players a way to dynamically modify maps and they just trash in 2 for no fucking reason. So many maps would never have worked if not for welding. Why tripwire?

im still mad about all those little details of pure lazyness.
>music is quieter to the point where you cant even listen to it in some parts of the game
>the gore on the maps is literally either few blood decals a piece of skin or the same corpse with the skin removed

I just want to shoot hundreds upon thousands of fuckers trying to kill me without getting mad about meta shit but it's goddamn impossible. This goes for every horde shooter except maybe L4D.

FUCK

Attached: 17130.png (427x710, 293K)

I just really hate how the trash zeds block so fucking much, the Scrake/FP I can understand, but a gorefast blocking until it gets close enough to hit you while 7 zeds are behind it isn't fun or challenging, it's just bullshit.

>shoot zed
>they block my bullets
>for some reason i keep shooting instead of changing target or shoot it elsewhere
am i autistic?

Attached: 1530582577383.jpg (500x375, 49K)

This.
I just want a fun horde shooter to play with friends or alone, I don't want to engage in meta bullshit, this isn't a fucking competitive game why the hell is it supposed to have "balance"

Reminder that when they introduced head-blocking for trash zeds, the blocking state just gave the zed massive damage resist, so landing the headshot anyway would be the same as hitting them in the leg.

Good thing that was changed, haha , right?

Attached: 1526047310856.gif (211x512, 138K)

>Trash zeds blocking their heads
Such a minor change which fucking ruins the feel of the game

TF2 type shit cosmetics. Nothing matches the games world and they added more and more

>It ditched the gritty feeling KF1 had in exchange for shitty neon meme cosmetics in loot boxes
It's so close to becoming a magenta-shooter

>Start freezing a scrake with freezethrower
>Instantly blocks and resists freeze
Nice mechanic, it's awful for trash and big zeds.

Look at all this SOUL

Attached: kf-2005westlondon_157_2.jpg (728x409, 55K)

its a shitty version of call of duty zombies. stages don't even have anything unique like interactables in them.

It's like something out of fucking silent hill

Attached: kf-2005bioticslab_153_3.jpg (975x548, 167K)

Attached: KF-2005Manor.jpg (600x380, 47K)

Other way around, CODZ is a shit version of Killing Floor.
And KF2 is a worse KF.

>used to love both and play the shit out of them
>now i cant even go for more than 20 minutes in either
what happened

Attached: 1532427636949.png (384x390, 175K)

Tripwire interactive nigger faggots

it is in most ways, just with KF took some ideas to spice itself up a bit like cod does in every differnt map

Casualizing the cooperative elements of the game by making any perk be able to fulfill any role, so your team composition and people coordinating barely matters.
Retarded devs who for some reason never liked people holding a position so their thought process in breaking that up went like this over the game's life: breakable lights and doors that never respawn after broken -> tanky zeds with dumb resistances -> fart Crawlers to create an AoE of damage and force people away from it -> Fleshpounds spawning raged because fuck you -> the passive aggressive phase of "You like holding so much? Here's maps designed with extremely small rooms so one fuck up costs you the game"
And obviously, the jewishness that made them add loot boxes in Early Access with some ugly as sin cosmetics and now paying $10 for one fucking weapon.

Attached: 1520470441905.png (622x900, 220K)

Sprint

look for scrakes and fleshpounds and set them on fire asap

They say they don't want people to camp.
But the teleporting zeds and close zed spawns encourages camping far more than the disincentives.

Use the caulk/flamethrower only to set the floor on fire and let the zeds walk over it so they burn down.
Don't hold LMB on enemies.
Rely on your dots.
Set enemies on fire and run.

Best advice for a firebug right there.
You're the most effective in higher difficulties too, don't waste your team's time on Suicidal or HoE, set fire to big zeds.

Didnt kf1 had similiar thing about dlc's ?

KF1 was actually worse because it had three weapon DLC packs and exclusive content for owning other Tripwire games.

The moment I heard about the devs going full sjw and banning for bad words in the chat like blizzard does, I stopped caring.
Fuck your fefees

Yes. Doesn't mean that makes it good. KF1's system was garbage, but people put up with it because the game was cheaper, Tripwire was smaller, and it never had any loot box garbage at all.

KF1 had a bunch of weapons for less than 10€
KF1 did not add microtransactions and lootboxes while in early acces with the promise that it would fund future free content without the need to sell DLCs.

No it wasn't.
KF1 had weapon DLC, and KF2 now has them too, except for 10€ you get a single weapon instead of an entire bundle.
And KF2 has exclusive items too, if you own Chivalry for example.

based

Literally nothing.
Other than people not understanding that you need to fulfill the role you choose to play as, and co-op isn't about kills and keeping all the moneys.
Fucking hate it when it's the last round and some fucking whore has 2k dosh and doesn't throw it out.

>devs stop adding weapons in updates
>you now have to pay $10 for a single weapon
>nothing wrong
Okay

True. I think that also frustrated many people. No matter what approach you took, the game would try to stop you not through genuine difficulty, but through ham-fisted mechanics where you clearly saw the strings that were being pulled the whole way through and which were solely there for the sake of killing the player and not challenging them.

>Literally nothing.

Yeah that gigantic thread you're posting in which is filled with nothing but people complaining about the game was actually the work of one single dedicated troll patiently switching his ip for every post he made.

Attached: 1535410576315.jpg (698x698, 151K)

Sequels are always trash.

If you think that way, then there was something that went wrong: the half-assed upgrade system that made people even less willing to share money.

Attached: it's me.png (107x53, 1012)

>limits zeds on map to 12 as last player alive
what the fuck? why? didn't KF1 have max runtime as 32 regardless of that?

Yes

spam parry by animation cancelling if they didn't fix that

not him but there's nothing wrong with upgrade system, allows to use any gun effectively, giving a variety in gameplay
only a few perks are huge money sinks till the end, most can upgrade and still share
by the end waves you got lots of spare dosh

When it first launched in early access they said updates would be fast and furious with classes coming every month. They hyped up how they learned so much from their past games and how smooth their work flow was now.

It was like a year and a half before they added anything meaningful and they gutted their class plans. Martial artist and others all thrown out for dlc guns and overpriced loot boxes. Then the “balance” patch where damage was done on material types for enemies which meant whoops everything did 15% damage.

Looks like we have a couple of sabotaging shitposters in our midst

I like her better than the kf1 girl to be honest

They do an update for each season, which honestly is pretty good.

The maps are pretty bad. I love getting stuck on an invisible walls. Here lemme spawn a scrake just around the bend to ruin your day.

Tripwire just adds in content then abandons the concept. "Upgrading" weapons, PVP, SYG.

Game was fun but they seriously dropped the ball

>love getting stuck on an invisible walls
Same. Especially knee-high obstacles that you could jump above in every other game, but no, get stuck.

perk system is retarded and boring and shit
they should just release an official zedternal mode, with even more variations to truly embrace the replayability of the game

>no stupid classes to grind through to have a chance at higher difficulties, everyone starts from zero every game
>much deeper weapon upgrade system
>perks now have to be bought and upgraded after each waves
>more mob variations + mutators that keep things fresh and interesting
>endless wave system, the game only stops when you want it to or when you die
Zedternal is literally the best fucking thing that happened to this game

I myself don't. The trader in KF2 sounds like they were trying to go for a TF2 Administrator-like character but didn't fully commit to it, so she just came up as this weird, inconsistent character that sometimes berates you for not getting armor on Wave 2 and sometimes tries to be nice and helpful and gives you shit advice everyone already knows.

Attached: 1538725882849.jpg (285x325, 14K)

I still like KF2, but I miss the predictability of the zeds. The zeds moving faster combined with their much more complicated animations makes classes that rely heavily on headshots less fun. Played a ton of SS in KF1, but it's grueling in KF2.

Attached: 1551602535775.png (936x182, 76K)

>tfw only want the Zed Eradication Device back and the ZED MK II because I never was able to buy it
>will probably be paid again instead of being obtainable through gameplay