Alright faggots why did the series degrade

alright faggots why did the series degrade

Attached: xenoblade_chronicles.png (220x312, 160K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uOmqOhGno6Y
youtube.com/watch?v=AFIuU7Hv4O4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

gamers

it didn't

Torna > XC1 = XC2 > XCX

Xenoblade X was more of an experiment and Nintendo sapped a lot of Monolith's talent away for BotW during Xenoblade 2's dev cycle

No quality control on XC2, clearly. The writing was flat out horrendous, to the point of utterly impeding the narrative, and the battle system and movement in general are sluggish, clunky, and unsatisfying. It's seriously baffling how bad it is.
>XC2
>even remotely comparable to XC1
>XCX
>bad in any capacity
Never seen bait this painful to read.

waifus moves more copies.

Play Soma Bringer already. It's XB1 except better in every way. X may as well be the first Blade game and 2 simply retcons XB into a Xeno title. Torna and XB1 have next to nothing in common with the other games.
This post is so American it hurts.

Sorry I don't like your generic shonen harem anime game as much as the game with the actually compelling characters and narrative and the game with the huge expansive world absolutely full of interesting shit. I don't care how "good" XC2 gets 75 hours in, it's not worth slogging through tone deaf garbage like the giant maid chapter.

yeah ive got 45 hours in 2 and i dont care about any of the characters and im going to drop it. 3 titans in and im bored out of my fucking mind, meanwhile the 3ds game i have all three file slots with the hour meters maxed out and 100 percent

how the fuck did you spend 45 hours and only get to the third titan

alot of exploring, doing absolutely every sidequest. and maybe like 2 hours of idleing while i ate food

>X
scrapped 50% in and had a big direction change

>2
Iwata took over 50% of the team to work on BotW and told them to get the game out before 2018

Iwata died before XCX even came out

development on XC2 started before he died as well

I asked this after X released but then it upgraded again afterwards

>XB1 and compelling characters/narrative in the same sentence
Oh Jesus, you actually believe this trite don't you?

But literally everything released after XBC has been better than it.

XBC2 is a step back from XCX overall mostly due to it being made by a tiny team (who lost their UI designer and never managed to optimize it sufficiently) but is still very good, and Torna showed that they can still design a combat system better than XCX's.

>alright faggots why did the series degrade
Let me guess... You think it's too "anime" now, right?

Attached: 1559547745899.png (2702x1153, 709K)

XC1 is the only game that had a comfortable dev cycle with nothing fucking things up. XC2 especially had severely constrained development.

That said, XC1 is the most boring game in the series

Why they dance in such a way?

Attached: 1567198447615.webm (854x480, 2.05M)

>3 dead Xenoblade threads in last 7 hours
Jesus Christ just give it a rest already, you won't hit bump limit.

XC1 is insanely overrated, and honestly it seems like a lot of the people who do so haven't actually played it.

For me, it never degraded at all

it only got better as it went on, except torna

It didn't. You just developed nostalgia and created this false reality where XC1 isn't anime cringe with muddy characters, terrible pacing and boob jiggle all around.

XC2 is an improvement in literally every way.

Pretending that XC1 is more profound than 2 is one of those things only a gamer can be diagnosed with.

It's extreme delusion, borderlining mental illness.

East Asian Hilarity

It didn't.

Dude, stop being this delusional. Your game was always about anime tits, titans, worlds ending, battling gods and the power of friendship. XC2 simply improved upon that. But it's fine to be nostalgic sweetie.

>Sorry I don't like your generic shonen harem anime game as much as the game with the actually compelling characters and narrative and the game with the huge expansive world absolutely full of interesting shit. I don't care how "good" XC2 gets 75 hours in, it's not worth slogging through tone deaf garbage like the giant maid chapter.

I never will not be amused when people say that Xenoblade Chronicles, the game about the big-eyed teenage protagonist wielding a magic lightsaber made of friendship to battle giant mecha on a quest to eventually murder god, aided by his childhood friend (also scantly-clad robot secretly possessed by a goddess), big-busted sniper, plucky best friend, ronin samurai mentor, magical angel elf and marketable cute mascot character, is not anime or somehow qualifies as 'not that anime' for whatever reason that involves not admitting you liked basically the most goddamn JRPG JRPG on the planet.

Attached: 1546366493097.png (491x531, 176K)

>XC2 battle system
>Unsatisfying

Same as Persona 5. They look at it, think it has a nice aesthetic and assume it's some profound shit. When in reality it's as simple as all the other JRPG fodder.

I love how Xenoblade 2 dicksuckers have to shit on the other games to make theirs look better, and then they have the balls to say you're the one that doesn't really care for the series.

Why are non-Americans so insecure? What exactly is the root of this complex?

This. I understand XC1 fans who feel repulsed by 2 but they went into it with unrealistic expectations heavily influenced by nostalgia goggles. They think XC1 was some one of a kind masterpiece when in reality it's just a good JRPG that they liked.

I said harem anime, because that's what XC2 is most of the time. It's the worst aspects of every harem anime with the worst aspects of every shonen anime and it blows fat fucking ass. Meanwhile XC1 is one of the best executed pieces of shonen media in existence. I don't know how someone can go through the mental gymnastics it would take to not only defend XC2 but also discredit XC1.

on Yea Forums at least, Persona 5 is insanely underrated because a vast, VAST majority of people say nonsensical shit like what you said. It's a phenomenon with Yea Forums, when a game is objectively good, it is totally panned until at least 10 years go by after its release.

>Not a new IP

Hmmm....

>>Unsatisfying
>mmo combat
>satisfying

Ironic, since that's what XC1 fans have been doing since the day XCX and then XC2 released. They love pretending their anime crap is more profound than the other, nearly identical, anime crap.

You don't understand dude, XC2fags think you must like every piece of anime media ever made, or you're just an anti-anime shitposter.

I played XC1 one month before XC1. No nostalgia, it is immensely better than XC2 on all fronts.
And I played the fucking 3DS version.

Yeah, it’s crazy how such surface level maturity in tone can fool people so easily. At least XC1 had some decent level design unlike P5.

3ds version is superior to all except dolphin with HD textures.

Fucking hell, one month before XC2.

So why are you even in this thread if you're calling the series crap?
Let me guess, ironic weeb?

XC1 is as shonen as XC2. What the fuck are you on about? You do know that if XC1 was made on a more powerful console its character would look exactly like XC2? Wii was weak as shit and they still had to implement boob jiggle. Those were their priorities, same as every Japanese game

Rex is an actual shonen, that alone makes it more shonen.

Persona 5 is fucking garbage what are you on about? It's by far the worst Persona game and overrated as fuck. And you can only say that on Yea Forums because, as I said, people will defend the game solely due to the fact that it looks cool.

Trips of truth.

>I said harem anime, because that's what XC2 is most of the time
Except it isn't and you're just spouting off meme buzzwords.

I did as well. XC1 is worse. It's not terrible, but it's nowhere near as good as 2.

best post in this garbage thread

Because I like JRPGs for the music, comfiness, locations etc. It's you fuckers who want to pretend anime storylines are something profound because you don't read books.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and it's DLC was garbage. Go play gachashit faggot retard.

>He didn't answer
As expect of Xeno2shitposters.

The answer is literally two posts above you you absolute cretin.

The absolute state of You

Tell that to XC2fags then, they think it's the best JRPG story told in a decade because of an off-hand comment by the creator saying it's like an old anime, so they think it's not only like the types of anime they weren't even alive to see, but it's best story because solely because of le born in the wrong generation.

>I dont like it, thus its overrated

Yeah, XC2 outsold it, yet they're acting like they're poor victims to the most popular game in the series.

This shit is insane if you criticize 2.
>this scene is cringe
>but it is an hommage!!
>yea but its still shit
>so you're calling the original anime shit???
ye sorry guys but I dont think giant maid bots are funny, nor do I think that cracking screen penis jokes and decade old "touching her involuntary and get hit" tropes are funny either.

I liked XB1 and to an extent, XBX.

I didn't care for XB2.

Attached: Dano classic.png (350x350, 244K)

But you guys can almost never explain why those are shit apart from "weeb cringe" or "muh tropes", among other buzzwords. Because of that, people will try to put it into perspective because you are acting like outsiders. And even then, the worst offenders are like a couple of scenes in a 60 hour game.

That scenario you came up with absolutely never happens in these threads. Nobody defends the cringe scenes by saying they're homages to classic anime, you're pulling shit out of your ass.

I don't know about him, but the majority of the new fanbase cares only about waifubait, and those cringe scenes are pandering directly to them.
They fill whole threads with the same images and only care about discussing the girls armpits and shit.

>B-But it was always like this!
It was never to this level, if you think it is, you're mentally insane or weren't here for the past threads.

Lots of people defended the BAKA HENTAI scene by saying it was a Dragon Ball reference.
They say Mythra was a reference to Launch, which is the most retarded thing I've ever seen them claim.

It was always shit
Just like every other JRPG

my least favorite scene was the cringy way the introduced zeke on uraya. that cutscene where he was supposed to be funny im assuming is when i just couldnt take the game seriously

What does that have to do with the argument at hand?

>Persona 5 is fucking garbage what are you on about? It's by far the worst Persona game and overrated as fuck.
Honest to god this is the single worst contrarian opinion I've ever seen Yea Forums have, and it's always this exact post almost verbatim coupled with some shallow disengenuous complaints about the story that blow minor shit out of proportion, pretending Mementos is a major part of the game when it's less than 5 hours over the course of like 90 unless you're playing like a fucking sped, or pathetic bitching about how long one of the palaces is because you're too dumb to enjoy the game part of a video game or take a fucking break and space it out, which the game ACTIVELY ENCOURAGES, so you can feel like the baby bitch you are for having a problem with dungeon crawling in a dungeon crawler in the first place.
P5 has by far the best story to gameplay ratio of any Persona game barring MAYBE 1 and ARGUABLY 2, and the dungeons are a massive leap for not just Persona but for 3D megaten in general; the only games that are even comparable are DDS and TMS#FE. P3 and P4 literally only have randomly generated haways for fuck's sake, and in P4 there isn't even a thematic reason for it. And don't even get me started on the complaints about the writing, at least P5 had the courtesy to make several of the Persona awakenings different and not have them be the central focus of their dungeons, choosing to have actual characters with unique dialogue as the bosses instead of repeating "I AM YOU" "YOU'RE NOT ME!!" as the only conflict every five hours until 60 hours into the game.
TL;DR You're a mouth breathing contrarian conforming to Yea Forums's garbage opinions about a great game and it's not funny, it makes you look retarded and it's fucking annoying.

Attached: 1543606201907.png (600x450, 143K)

Wow, that's some serious pot they were smoking there.

You asked me why I find the scenes shit, so I answered.

Name me 1 (one) MMO that plays like Xenoblade 2

Look at the average critics score, XB is a 92/100 game, XBX is an 87, and XB2 is an 82 game.
All of these are correct and good scores, unless you think 82 is a bad score or just wanna play favoritism.

First one was just amazing in terms of introducing something new. And the amount of detail was astonishing. It had pretty much what everyone would put on a "what I want from a sequel" list right off the bat!
>visible equipment changes - check
>being able to craft whatever skills you needed, right down to running speed - check
>build your own colony sim- check
>extra amounts of detail like villagers having their whole daily cycle instead of just appearing somewhere - check
the list goes on.
You had shit like the city affinity board where every citizen was connected to another and their relationship was fleshed out in quests and could go better or worse. The field guide provided and excellent reason to go explore these great worlds.
And over 450 fucking sidequests for the autists who can't get enough.

The sequels did kinda split the original game up: X did focus on the exploration side and sacrificed story, and 2 on the story/character aspect, while sacrificing other aspects. So I think the reason the first game is regarded as best, is because its still the most wholesome of the three gamewise.

I think the main issues why 2 isn't as highly regarded because its story and characters is in a very particular style that isn't to everyone's taste, and because it removed/changed some mechanics people liked in the first without offering adequate replacements. And then of course stuff like the slotmachine thing in a SP game.
But other people who never really cared for those mechanics, don't mind and focus more on what 2 delivers instead of what it doesn't.

But it has nothing to do with the game itself

Because it left sony

>unironically arguing with Xfag

>2019.
>Xenoblade, I am forgotten
>what happened
>shitting on XC2
Every fucking day. You people really need a hobby. And, by that, I mean those 2 shitposters.

Can anyone explain xeno 2 to me? Maybe it gets explained but I feel like this game is retarded. They want to get to the world tree, but they need the dagger. But they dont because they can just hack ophion. But that doesnt work either so you can just climb it from the bottom. Why didnt they just do that in the first place. If jin can move faster than light why doesnt he just jump over to the world tree? I'm just disappointed with the story. Makes no sense to me.

Xc2 improved upon everything in 1 and removed the pointless shit. And if you want the community aspect just play Torna which is technically 2.

yeah, i really fucking hate XC2 but i only remember it exists whenever someone posts a bait thread here

That's true, I wouldn't give a shit if the majority of the fanbase shat on them, but the fact they eat it right up tells me exactly who XC3 will pander to, it will be even worse, more cringy, and the XC2 dickriders will hop right on it and forget XC2 ever existed, it'll keep going like this until Xeno becomes Tales 2.0

>Lots of people defended the BAKA HENTAI scene by saying it was a Dragon Ball reference.
>They say Mythra was a reference to Launch, which is the most retarded thing I've ever seen them claim.
Are you sure its 'lots of people' and not just one guy? Are you sure this happened at all? Because in the near two years I've been in these threads I've never seen anybody make these claims, ever.

Attached: HardPass.png (439x612, 199K)

Amusing knee-jerk reactions like this one are why people keep bashing P5.

Persona 5 writing is garbage and the QoL features they added are vastly overstated. But I'm glad to know a couple of braindead puzzles and unskippable enemies made P5 dungeons so much better for you. You are truly a brainlet and there is nothing contrarian about that since everyone says it.

Sorry user but Persona 5 has dogshit writing far worse than 2-4 purely because it actually had the potential to be profound and interesting but the devs instead doubled down on otaku+fujo pandering and seemingly forgot how to balance the development of the cast.

3-4 were less ambitious, more fantastical than meaningful, but were generally executed better. 2 is straight up superior in every way.

Only one it really, cleanly beats is the americanized PS1 release of 1.

This is fair, but XC2fags won't accept it because it overshadows their game.

It probably was one guy, the same guy that spams his shitty 80s anime list and pretends he's a boomer.

I'd say the worst part of Persona 5 is the fanbase actually. I have met many Persona 5 fans who refuse to play JRPGs, even though Persona 5 is one, who hate on "anime style games" even though Persona 5 is one, and who call both "pedoshit" even though Persona 5 literally takes place in a school and involves financing underage girls. Oh and they hate on "waifu games" too, even though Persona 5 is definitely one

>XC2 threads devolves into Persona 5 shitflinging

Say it with me

R E N T
F R E E

Attached: 36190303persona51280-3-1490732046280-1493395064002_1280w.jpg (1280x720, 199K)

Nobody says that because it's laughable. But no more laughable than saying Persona 5, Nier: Automata or XC1 had profound stories. It's just a bunch of tasteless weebs fighting over which shade of anime tits they can pretend don't exist the easiest.

In my opinion the worst part of the Persona 5 fanbase is how incredibly soft they are as a collective. Most of them can't even take mild criticism of the game and it's fucking hilarious.

XC2 is made by a guy recreating his nostalgia for decades old shounen anime within the framework of his usual gnostic mysticism wankfest.

XC1 was made with the idea of capturing the feelings of contemporary shounen series in said framework.

Both achieve their goals, but far less westerners are going to give a shit about stuff like Mazinger and Future Boy Conan than they are Naruto or Fullmetal Alchemist. Is it really surprising the more familiar and modern one is more popular with normies? ESPECIALLY given it has less fanservice too?

It's like poetry

Pretending something is bad without any real reason to do so isn't criticism, it's just embarrassing

Get some perspective, dude. Pretending a different shade of shonen is that much more profound than the other is a sign of mental illness. The cringeiness is all in you.

Nigga, if the artstyle wasn't like a low budget Vita game, nobody would criticize Xenoblade 2 for being too anime.

Also, "normies" that is, normalfags, we're not ResetEra here, like XC2 over the first, considering it oldsold it. I don't think Etika for example caught those sacred boomer anime references, he just likes it because anime titty.

And then XCX is him wanking about 90s-00s western space sci-fi but having to gut 90% of the plot due to development constraints.

I wonder if that means XCX2 will channel the likes of 2001 A Space Odyssey and Barberella.

Agreed. It's style over substance. It's a game for deeply closeted weebs to enjoy a JRPG and delay having to face a realization that they like garbage-tier anime.

Nobody is saying XC1 is profound except for you, repeatedly, trying to put words in the mouths of people you disagree with. What people are saying is that it's better written, because it is.

>Also, "normies" that is, normalfags, we're not ResetEra here, like XC2 over the first, considering it oldsold it.
Unrelated, but please learn how to structure a sentence. This is painful to read.

We're not talking about shonen stories here, we're talking about the series walking the slippery slope of becoming bargin bin otaku ecchi trash, actual hentai games have better gameplay then those.

>considering it oldsold it.
I really don't think the importance of it being the sole new exclusive Winter release in the switch's launch year can be overstated for that.

They're all different and each one has its perks. It's ok not to like all of them, but saying that XC2 is trash because the saga changed from 1 doesn't mean anything.

That’s because they’ve convinced themselves it absolutely can’t be like those other trashy weeb JRPGs. You see, the masturbatory graphic design and relatable virtue signalling proves it.

Can we adress how the whole discourse for Xenoblade was utterly fucked by a single guy?

>proceeds to shit on the Xenoblade games
>XB2 comes out
>proceeds to shit on the game
>fans get angry at him again
>people's criticisms of the game are that its too anime
>faggot uses that in every bait thread he makes
>fans get angrier and start pointing out that all the xeno games have been anime of some kind
>fans from other games join in to differentiate
>fanbase starts to fight amongst itself
>faggot uses this to bait them into fighting against each other even more by saying one game was better than the other and that only 2 is shit
>fans get even angrier and start retaliating against the other games
The faggot won. He won!
I was in these threads since day1 and saw it happening step by step.
I saw when "people" started to suddenly say that one is much better than the other with vigor that was unseen in these threads before. I saw the webms and image proofs pop up one after another, the webms starting to roll in.... he fucking won.

Now every thread is basically 1 vs X vs 2 (+ vs saga and gears to a minor degree) fans bickering at each other with saved images and proofs, where it first it was just "ye this one is good but I like that one more", and just three shades of a franchise people liked. He completely destroyed the discourse by triggering everyone's sensibilities.

And yet it isn't. At least not by a noticeable margin. And the only people who care are the people who consume mostly exclusively anime.

>because I didn't mind a game's flaws that means nobody else does

>5 has by far the best story to gameplay ratio of any Persona game

>First, some stats I find interesting. Let's look at the cutscene/playtime ratio of modern Persona games (3, 4, 5). Total cutscene time is taken from BuffMaister's movie versions on YouTube. I feel this is a reliable source since the same person is making the edits, hence the same editing philosophy should be used on each. Total playtime is taken from howlongtobeat.com’s 'Main Story' category. Links included below.

>(total cutscene time / total playtime) = percentage of time spent in cutscenes

>Persona 3 FES: 10hr44min/81hr14min = 10.733/81.233 = 13.21%

>Persona 4 Golden: 21hr48min/69hr46min = 21.8/69.767 = 31.25%

>Persona 5: 43hr28min/96hr16min = 43.467/96.267 = 45.15%

Attached: 12382813821.jpg (738x302, 106K)

XC1 wasn't even originally a Xeno game, and doesn't include a lot of elements Takahashi uses in his other games. As a matter of fact, they told him to chill with that shit because new fans wouldn't understand any of the references. It wasn't until X, and 2, that he finally decided to put his old "Perfect Works" formula into action again. That aside though, while I loved XC1, it's really fucking overrated, and constantly gets wanked compared to the other two when the cast is just as mediocre in terms of development.

The game not being Persona 4 isn't a flaw.

Jokes on you I didn't like P4 either.

>XC1 wasn't even originally a Xeno game
Stop saying that retarded shit, in Takahashi's own words the xeno name only means he worked on it.

>Xeno thread devolves into Persona discussion
Is this going to keep happening in the future? Why does this happen to begin with? The two hardly have anything in common outside of being JRPG's from opposite consoles.

Funny you say that because P5 is mindlessly derivative of P4

SPBP

I hate how so many series that I enjoy also happen to be the targets of some of the most autistic shitposters on the board. What motivates these retardos?

Attached: bum.jpg (673x517, 43K)

>Why does this happen to begin with?
Xenobabies literally can not cope.

Attached: 1_85.jpg (1070x602, 268K)

It's the farthest away from what Takahashi usually does for his Xeno titles. It just so happens to have Xeno in the title to identify as one of his works, on top of Iwata giving him the go to make the series that.

>Xeno thread
This was a shitpost thread from the outset, user. You can't tell me that OP sincerely wanted a Xeno discussion when he opened the thread by implicitly shitting on most of the series.

The fact that it actually has dungeons makes it infinitely better by itself, let alone every other aspect of the game also being better.

P4 had better girls and that's all anyone really cares about in a Persona game

It just shows how easy Xenofaggots(as in all Xeno games) are to trigger.

It isn't anime cringe though, xenoblade 2 is literally hentai waifu collector with artstyle clash and literal schoolgirl anime jokes and dialogues, philosophy. And i played xenoblade 3d in 2017 when i bought a 3ds, same year xenoblade 2 got released.

The only P4 girls worth a shit are Chie and Kanji.

I don't need your approval mutts

Attached: 1567501882024.jpg (941x768, 130K)

>the dungeons are better because ???
>so is everything else
Good argument, but that doesn’t refute my post. These points have already been touched on in this thread anyway.

Probably because it's popular enough to not be a forgotten series, but as popular as most mainstream JRPGs.
There's enough of an ego there, and the perfect breeding ground for insecurity.

Based

So this is the underrated criticism of XB2 I keep hearing about

XC2 is better than XC1

>harem
>xc2

are you retarded?

Hey, i only watched walkthroughs, i also wonder if i should play it or not, those are the things that bother me the most. I'm wonder which jrpg i should play on switch, between that, ff x, ff xii (never played em). Mostly waiting for crystal chronicles hd and trials of mana remake.

It's hilarious reading all these seething faggots being so butthurt over the fact that Xenoblade 2 was a massive improvement over the original in virtually every way.

Attached: 1538353071429.gif (220x213, 344K)

this is why I don't like the game. XC2 has the serious plot of the first game, and then it takes unwelcome shoe horned forced breaks for goofy light hearted anime gamer moments (tm) Keep the big tits, just take out the gay modern anime shit. fucking zoomers.

>are you retarded?
>3 girls all over Rex's dick (4 if you count Pneuma)
>not harem
Maybe you are the one who's retarded.

The butthurt is funny, but XC2 is a seriously flawed game, and those flaws stop it from being much better than XC1.

Look at his other posts, of course he is

You don't prove anything by posting anime girls from that magic girl harem anime either.
>improvement
Like what? It's a jrpg with mmo like mechanics with all 3 xenoblade games except for chain attacks. People (like me) care for plot and atmosphere.

I really miss Xenoblade Chronicles X
Easily one of the comfiest Wii U games I played.
I'm not upset that people really liked Chronicles 2, but it just didn't appeal to me at all or itch that scratch for more that XCX left me with.
The reveal that they had no plans or interest in doing a Switch port was a huge bummer, its such a good game, its a real shame more people won't get to play it. Its basically doomed to never get a real sequel just because it came out on a console that for some reason no one wanted.

Attached: 1484290780526.jpg (599x416, 23K)

>hilarious
then why are you seething?

IMO the combat is incredibly weak due to your MC filling the roles of every character and the large party size, combined with never playing as the other party members, make it so that you never get a good grasp of how they operate. The skill callouts and chaining also makes it so that you tend to play in a specific way to get the buffs off those, rather than necessarily using attacks situationally like in XC1.
I love the exploration and sidequesting in XCX. I really like how the sidequests expand on the world and the interspecies relationships. The main story kinda lost me because I spent so much time sidequesting that I forgot what was going on in the main plot. I also didn't play it regularly or consistently so it's kinda my own fault. I still need to finish it.

The plot was always bad though. All of us came for the girls and harem fanservice from the beginning.

Fuck off ACfag, christ you're a fucking autist. No one cares about this shit except you, if you don't like cutscenes just fucking skip them, you don't like story anyway.

I like how people mention that the game focuses on attractive girls wanting to bone the MC as if that's a bad thing. What, are you guys gay or something?

Attached: 1552778863374.png (271x313, 56K)

>I love the exploration and sidequesting in XCX. I really like how the sidequests expand on the world and the interspecies relationships. The main story kinda lost me because I spent so much time sidequesting that I forgot what was going on in the main plot. I also didn't play it regularly or consistently so it's kinda my own fault. I still need to finish it.
This really was the best thing about it, combat was above average but not amazing, but I never expected the combat to be amazing. It was the beautiful worlds and freedom of exploration that really made XCX shine to me.
I'll never forget looking at my map and seeing that island WAY the fuck up north and saying "Y'know what? Fuck it, I bet I can just fucking swim there right now"
It took about 30 fucking minutes, but I was actually able to just swim off to an area WAY above my level and explore it just because I decided I was going to go there. I really liked that.

This. 1 was a one of a generation kind of game, and the others were just good-decent RPGs.

>Xc2 improved upon everything in 1 and removed the pointless shit
Imagine actually believing that... Its like the most incorrect thing one could possibly say about the games. You can literally pick any random thing and it was worse in 2. Say... skill like running speed for example.
>1: craft it yourself! Done.
>2: no crafting and now you have to buy out all items in a store, which unlock gradually so you constantly have to backtrack hoping that the latest chapter unlocked everything you needed, then buy a deed of that store and then get one of various effects that isnt even disclosed beforehand so you don't know what you'll get. So instead of running speed you get +2m lure range. So a guide is mandatory just so you can get what you actually wanted.
If you lack the necessary differentiation skills to properly discuss games, then don't join the conversation user. Leave it to adults.

>MC is a 15 year-old boy so it's clearly not a self insert
What are you, a cuck or something?

But it didn't. Each entry have been an improvement il over the previous one. Can't wait for the next Xenoblade, it'll be even better.

Nia gets shot down as soon as she confesses, and Pneuma is just a different representation of Pyra/Mythra. You could argue Pyra and Mythra make up a harem, but that only happens in the literal post credit scene.

>people really liked Chronicles 2
only waifufags do, which is why 100% of xb2 threads are about waifus and which is why they're trying so hard to prove themselves in every thread
dont worry user, everyone else realises 1 and X are better

Yeah, I had accessed all regions way before the main quest led me to them. Kinda pissed me off that I kept finding parts of the core and it didn't trigger any events or anything. I really like how you're rewarded for exploration with the beacons as well.

The problem is that the MC acts like an autistic spaz instead of expressing interest in or making any advances on any of them. It's why harem anime is the fucking worst, it should be tittilating but it ends up being wacky awkward hijinks exdee.

Poor bait

Not him but the game literally has a collect a waifu mechanic, including thunder lolis and bathtub vixens.
Literally all female rare blades are waifus.
A game in which you literally surround yourself with waifus, and in which the main characters all lust about you or at one point are romantically involved with you, make a harem game.

>bait
coping with the truth isn't easy at times, but you'll get through it.

I take solace in knowing this is the truth and XC2 fans are just overcompensating.

>dont worry user, everyone else realises 1 and X are better
Agreed on 1, hardly disagree on X - Sawano's meh OST is one of the main detractors, for one.

2/10 you’re gonna have to try harder

Not him, but honestly the generic waifu pandering is a big part of why I didn't like XC2's aesthetic at all.
Its fine if you liked it, I liked waifu stuff when I was a young weeb too, but I'm just kinda over it.
After a while you've seen all the cookie cutter waifu personalities too many times and you can tell what they'll all say before they say it. You get tired of the boobs cause really, they're just boobs, they aren't that special. I'm old and want actual characters. There is nothing wrong with sex appeal, but I tend to avoid it because more often than not sex appeal is just used to cover up the lack of everything else that a character actually needs. Kinda makes me feel like the devs don't respect my intelligence and they think I'll love it anyway because I'm just that simple,

Honestly when I started playing it I didn't grt the game and thought the soundtrack was awful and blew it off as a bad game, but after I played XC1 for a while a couple years later I went back to it and the whole experience really got to me, everything about the game grew on me, and I even ended up liking the music. I recommend going back to it for a second opinion user, it's worth it.

it was made for mushbrain nintendofags

I disagree. First xenoblade is like my fav jrpg plot wise

It’s pretty easy to say this about any game with fanservice, but at the end you’re just taking the easy way out and jumping to the conclusion that you can’t have it along with a good game, which is false. The fanservice in 2 never felt like it was compensating for anything, especially since the director admitted to putting his fetishes in the game and rare blade designs being given total creative control.

Post your wishlist for XCX2 lads
>Deeper Skell customization, preferably with no gacha attached
>Better vehicle physics so driving and flying is more satisfying
>Floating or flying structures/landmasses to fly around and underwater areas to dive to
>Some more hidden treasure in the enviornment or something like BOTW where tracking down specific perspectives on scenery has some kind of reward attached to it so exploring has added value
>More varied dialogue options even if they don't have much story impact, getting to at least choose the tone of your responses to stuff would be nice
>Some actual answers about Mira
>Better music

Is the big complaint toward XC2 really boiling down to "it has attractive looking females in it"?

Attached: 2ujqgy.jpg (1080x622, 196K)

>Improvement
>Actually has a bad case of "it takes X amount of hours to get good" in terms of both gameplay, and story (Chapter 6 or so to be generous)
>Field Skills were done horribly to the point where a lot of people were turned off from exploration, one of the key aspects of XB
>Rare Blades to experiment with, and make combat filled with more variety were locked behind Gacha rolling for the most part when plenty of blades were just as easily acquired in other means like exploring environments, quests, or etc
>Affinity was handled arguably mediocre for the most part compared to the first two games, and didn't exactly take it a step upwards
>Environments in general are pretty interesting, but quite a few weren't big enough, or didn't have much going for them (Mor Ardain, Leftheria, Indol, Morytha)
I think the only thing I found an actual improvement was the gameplay. Characters are pretty so so with a few good exceptions, and the plot could have used more work. A lot of XC2 fans come off as pretentious and claim everyone is seething, but in reality the game is flawed. That doesn't make it a bad game, but these so called "improvements" aren't really that good. There's a lot of obsessed people here who also love to utterly bash XC2, but hey, all I can hope for is that XC3 manages to blow it out of the water.

Attached: image.png (1920x1080, 924K)

It didn't, every entry is fresh and better than the last.
You're just a jaded faggot looking for things to bitch about.

Attached: 07560a4afe3cb04c75583c7d89e1b6d4.jpg (600x600, 45K)

Anime + Waifu = Bad
Didn't you know? It doesn't really help that a lot of people who claim to be fans of the game will do nothing but spam borderline Hentai of Pyra, Mythra, or Nia.

Smaller party size with more unique or better defined classes and an MC who isn't just a half-assed self-insert.

In the videogamedunkey video of it the boss attacked him in the starting zone, that tells me the game is poorly thought out and shit

Even without waifus the game is still trash.
>win every major encounter during gameplay
>lose every time in cutscenes
That called shit game design.

I find it odd how the Xenoblade, and Persona fandom on this board are so against each other. In reality, both are entry level JRPG's.
That would be a nitpick. It would however, be interesting if winning, or losing the fight allowed for different story outcomes.

Sure, but to you "fetishes" and "Fanservice" are good things, to me they're just annoying because instead of an actual interesting or cool character you just get the 10,000th ara~ara~ mommy milkies or rude but well meaning tsundere girl or whatever.

I find those kinds of characters to be pretty banal, anime in general appeals to me less and less over the years because it seems like the otaku over in Japan get more and more autistic and only care about anime boobies for some reason

I hope it doesn't sound like I'm just saying "HURR ANIME BAD, ALL ANIME BAD" or "REEEE THIS IS OFFENSIVE STOP OBJECTIFYING WOMEN"

I really don't care, I just think its boring and lame and I want something more interesting out of my games. After you've had a few girlfriends you're likely to realize sex and boobies aren't actually all that interesting and you were already better off indulging in your manchild hobbies alone.
Fighting games are a good example of what I mean, back in the day you'd have a roster of like 12 dudes, 2 of them at most would be token waifu characters, and then the other 10 would be a variety of really interesting or cool characters with designs that weren't just based on "SHE MAKES MY PENIS HARD!". These days the token thot waifus take up 50% of the fucking roster on average, and nearly ALL of them have a design that can be summed up as "SHE MAKES MY PENIS HARD!"
It wouldn't bother me if there was an actual character under there, but they're so blatantly just pandering to a fetish and not doing much else that its just so fucking boring and tiresome.

Attached: manga 3x3.jpg (920x920, 485K)

It’s more that its designs and sensibilities appeal to people who are more learned in late night/otaku anime, and most of the fans prior were only exposed to more mainstream stuff. It’s like showing an Attack on Titan fan Mahoromatic or Diebuster. Takahashi ended up revealing his powerlevel like a sperg for a big nintendo exclusive.

Though to be fair, I really am not a fan of how awkward Pyra, Mythra and Rex’s character models look.

Most people who were very turned off by the over abundance of waifus didn't buy it,
I didn't, I might have had fun with the gameplay, but in a game like Xenoblade if you don't like any of the characters or the plot whats the point?

Allow us to make blank equipment that we can augment ourselves so end-game builds don't require killing the same mob 1000 times.

I’ve seen plenty of anime over the years, and again you’re just using the fanservice and a couple dumb scenes as an excuse to not really try to look into the characters, themes, etc. You really come across a someone that just started to realise how trashy anime can be, and that 3x3 really isn’t helping. I went through that a decade ago, you’ll get over it if you open your mind.

>The fanservice in 2 never felt like it was compensating for anything
We must have played different games then.
I thought the fanservice was literally in your face.
I mean it literally is when Mythra slaps Rex into the fourth wall because he's fantasizing. Or you literally have tits as the main focus of a scene with everything else being blurry.

Then you have the entirety of poppi's introducton, etc etc.

I don't know why people still deny this. Its one of the most common criticisms for a reason. There's no dismantling it, as there's no dismantling the fact that 2 is the lowest rated for good reasons too.
Why can't people just say "true, but I still love it to death and its my favorite" and move on? Its over, its not the best and wasn't rated the best and that will never change. Just move on.

I played 250+ hours of XBC2 and have plenty of things to bitch about if you care.
>Performance is terrible and handheld mode made worse with an ugly filter to sharpen textures
>Combat is built around chaining moves together with precise timing for additional benefit but the timing is easy to hit and fixed across everything making it braindead
>Majority of side-quests are bland fetch/hunting ones that add nothing to the game
>Certain blade quests suck in partivular such as Ursula's slog of a grind
>Merc missions are tedious to manage due to there being no option to automate party assembly or resend the same party on the same mission
>You have to look at charts after unlocking a node for it to count
>Full bursts and orb management in general falls off hard in the lategame, you basically ignore it after a certain point to spam combos as quick as you can
>Takes several hours of tedious combat to unlock every game system and there's no way to re-read tutorials
>Roc and Aegeon basically don't exist after you get them despite being mandatory
>Several systems such as cloud level are severely underused
>After Fonsa Myma the only decent Titan left to explore is Genbu, the Leftherian Archipelago is cool too but too linear
>Chapter 3 and the Dadapon storyline is a waste of fucking time for the sake of a bunch of toku show references. Poppi seemingly forgets her promise and you end up slaughtering dozens of units later on with no reference to it.
>Splitting Mythra and Pyra and bringing them back was a mistake that ruins the former's character, they should have returned as Pneuma
>Field Skill implementation sucks dick and the abundance of menu shifting through the poor UI to get around checks is shit for exploration
>Block tanks mostly suck and straight up healers generally do too, bar the DLC and main story blades. It feels poorly balanced.

Attached: Ch7Sg6.png (2560x1440, 3.62M)

Did you just have a stroke? How does any of that contradict what I said? It being in your face doesn’t mean it is compensating for anything.

>to not really try to look into the characters, themes, etc.
Not him but this is a poor attemt to say "the scene with the shitty anime stuff is good because the characters had motivations!"
Everyone has motivations in games user...

Please don't act like the faggots who spout "but its a hommage!!!" everytime someone points at giant poppi cringe for being obsolete.

Maid chapter was good, it only gets trash after Genbu.

Yea Forums nosedived in quality when we let those plebbitors invade us.

Nigga I'm 26 and was one of the biggest weebs out there when I was younger, I watched everything, even the trashy stuff.
Its not that I don't get it or am intimidated by it, its that I've grown out of it and just think its stupid now.
A character with giant boobies that says Ara ara a lot doesn't make her better, its a detractor for me because its just such a tired and boring trope, all of the waifu tropes. I'm just so fucking tired of seeing the same characters reused over and over and over again ad nauseum, with the only thing that changes being their hair style and hair colour.

All those elements in XB1 are played down, though. It's not that game is higher brow than XB2, it just plays its hand a lot smarter. XB1 is the poster child for "well-worn concept with excellent execution".

whew lad just watch those goalposts move

This. It's funny seeing zoomers in that phase, went through it as well. Then it goes full circle. It's like fapping, you go to more and more hardcore shit, then you go back to vanilla. Or playing Pokemon when you're a kid, then throw it away when you're a teen to play mature games for my mature self, then you play it again when you're a working adult.

It didn't. Xenoblade 1's one of the lower point of the entire Xeno series but it's not a bad game.
The only Xeno game that I'd consider actually being bad is Xenosaga 2, but that's entirely because Bamco made a different, less experienced team work on it and made Takahashi focus on something else.

To iterate on my first point about Xenoblade 1 being a low point, Xenoblade 1 lacks a lot of the Takahashi humour, themes and "soul" that its predecessors and both of its successors had. Xenogears and Xenosaga 1 and 3 are all games that Takahashi wanted to make and write for himself regardless if the general public likes or dislikes what he's writing, and he was fine with only a niche group of people understanding his vision. These games both had light-hearted moments, lots of humour and references to anime and various other otaku media, but would get incredibly dark and serious for JRPG standards. While these games are considered cult classics and have their own niche following, a larger contingent of people didn't like them or just never "got" them.
Xenoblade 1 on the other hand doesn't feel like a Takahashi game itself. It feels like Takahashi set out to make a "good JRPG" in the public eye. That's not to say he didn't enjoy making Xenoblade 1 since he poured his heart and soul into the world, but unlike Xenogears, Xenosaga 1 and 3 (and eventually Xenoblade X and 2 too), Xenoblade 1 is strictly serious in its main story. Humour in the main story is very minimal to nonexistent. References to various anime, manga and other otaku anime are very nonexistent. Despite being strictly serious, Xenoblade 1 never goes to the depths of despair, darkness and maturity that Xenogears or Xenosaga did. It still has gnostic themes, but they're extremely, extremely minimal compared to its successors and predecessors. It tries to be the least anime tonally, but it's writing is the most shonen of the entire series in execution.
(Continued)

Attached: Xenoblade Chronicles X.jpg (1345x1920, 2.57M)

What can I say user, you do you. I’m 29 and learned to love the anime/games that manage to blend those tropes with more interesting themes. As I said, I experienced your frustration years ago but in the end I learned that I was just using those fanservice and tropes as scapegoats for my laziness and refusal to look past the surface and dig for the good stuff. Most of everything being trash is a hard pill to swallow, but that won’t stop me from looking.

With Xenoblade 1, It feels like Takahashi was aiming to pander to the general JRPG fan over the audience he garnered over the decade prior. The protagonists act strictly heroic rather than having crippling character flaws. He set out to make a JRPG that would pander to a larger crowd rather than his small crowd.

Xenoblade X and Xenoblade 2 on the other hand struck a nice balance between what Takahashi really wanted to make himself, and what the general JRPG audience wants. Xenoblade X and Xenoblade 2 see a return to Takahashi's character driven format, rather than Xenoblade 1's story driven format. They reintroduce his brand of humour. They reintroduce his love for various media (90s mecha anime and 60s Western sci-fi novels in Xenoblade X's case and 70s-90s shonen and Gainax in Xenoblade 2's case). Much more ambitious ideas and narratives and deeper characters and themes. Much more darker themes than Xenoblade 1 too.

Xenoblade 1 isn't a bad game, don't get me wrong, but it really is a low point in the series. If I didn't know better and if it didn't have Xeno in the title and I had no idea who the developers were, I might never know it was written by Takahashi. There's plenty of things in Xenoblade X and 2, both serious and humorous, that are extremely Takahashi, Xenoblade X feels like his opportunity to let loose and worship his favourite mecha anime and sci-fi novels while Xenoblade 2 is a fun romp through a bygone era of shonen anime from decades ago. Xenoblade 1 just feels generically good, I don't have strong feelings about it, it's undeniably the most finished and complete Xeno game.

Semi-related note but I'll never understand wh people complain about sexualized anime girls in Xenoblade X or Xenoblade 2 despite every single Xeno game having them.

Attached: Emeralda Poppi.jpg (850x1202, 281K)

I can't imagine I'm missing out on much by not watching 10,000 garbage waifu anime just to find the 1 good one user.

Imagine writing a novel just to defend Xenoturds.

Attached: Too anime.jpg (2628x3280, 2.02M)

Yea this is true. I haven't played the other xeno games but out of the three blades, 1 is the one feeling the most complete and detailed.
X and 2 feel like they were outsourced. Not bad games, but just not up there.

Might as well just call it tasteful vs distasteful. How can anyone other than a complete autist get invested in a story where main characters are dressed like literal hookers?

>How can anyone other than a complete autist get invested in a story where main characters are dressed like literal hookers?
Try asking Xenosaga fans.

This is literally what's happening in this thread right now. Xeno discussion is forever done on this board.
I've literally seen screenshots of a guy copy pasting Yea Forums posts to reddit to make the same points, when people there talked about 2 being lackluster; throwing a shitfit about mecha game hommages and anime in general.

Despite what you think about which game is the best, getting people so worked up they literally patrol the internet to defend a game is just prime trolling. Whoever Eric is(if he actually exists) he drilled this board a new one.

It usually helps to look into the staff behind the works. Things like directors, key animators, background artists, music composers, etc. Once you’ve seen enough you generally learn how to branch out. There’s like 50 years worth of anime out there and resources like MAL and Anidb can make it very easy to find stuff you might like. Even with games, the reason I played Xenoblade 2 was because of the creative staff, composers and nostalgic premise behind it.

I'll never understand people who complain about anime in Xeno game.

Attached: 1565378777231.png (1095x1648, 2.57M)

You can't be serious smoothbrain, the combat is fucking terrible

>is(if he actually exists
He did but copycats clearly took over and consolewar fanboys then latched onto it ages ago.

>no responses
uhmmm xc2 fags? did this user really btfo you so bad?

Did the same team make both XC1 and 2? Playing them both feels as different as watching Cowboy Bebop and then watching Rosario + Vampire.

Well obviously I never said "EVERY ANIME WITH BIG BOOBIES IS BAD!"
This show was fucking loaded with fanservice and boobies, but it was also actually an interesting show.
Again, I'm not some zoomer that doesn't know about anime, I'm saying XC2 doesn't seem like pic related tier fanservice, it seems more like your average gacha game to me. All of the cutscenes and interactions I've seen through promotional material tell me that XC2 is not going to have an actual decent story with compelling characters, everything about it screams "generic JRPG tropes jumbled around with boobs to distract from how generic it all is"

When did hating anime get so popular on Yea Forums?

2 was made by B-Team while the A-team helped on BOTW.

Cum Cranium waifufags killed it

Senior Staff primarily worked on XB1, X, and Torna
Junior Staff primarily worked on XB2

It's not the b-team
Only the core team of Xenoblade 1 worked on Xenoblade 2 while everybody else was moved to work on BoTW, so Xenoblade 2 was only left with a skeleton crew of 40 people (the core people who worked on previous games though) compared to Xenoblade 1's and X's 100ish people.

Not "anime" but cringe.
1 and X are anime too, but it was digestible for most people. 2 has scenes which weebs can brush off as nothing worth mentioning but that is noticeable for most other people.

The discussion is really about whether 2 sticks out or not depending on who's playing it.

This, however XCX has the highest user score, which is overall more reliable than critic score. Taking both into account, I'd say 1 and X are about even, with 2 slightly below.

I don't think Xenoblade 2 is the best thing ever but I have a hard time finding it generic in today's age. It would be much more generic in the PS2 era.

You’re replying to bait. Everyone knows 2 has the same creative staff as 1 and X.

>It wouldn't bother me if there was an actual character under there
As if the male characters in a game featuring fanservice are so much more complex and better written than the females. The absence of fanservice does not make for an interesting character.
Sounds to me like you're just triggered by tits.

I fucking hate how out of place the shitty anime “gags” are in XC2.

1 was anime but didn't really have any jokes to cringe at since its tonally the most serious Xeno game. I did roll my eyes at a few of the scenes from when Zanza was revived and afterwards for how shonen they are compared to earlier Xeno games though.
I cringed more at X's jokes than anything just because of how bad the jokes were and the fact that the jokes were repeated and beaten to the ground throughout the entire game.
Xenoblade 2's jokes were bad and cringey but they didn't repeat the same jokes to death like X did.
Xenoblade X and 2's humour really stand out and are really out of place. I don't know how anybody could praise 2's humour but hate X's, or praise X's humour but hate 2's. It's practically the same shit.

The fanbase was fighting before the autist came in. Xenoblade X was lambasted by XC1 fags. Then XC2 was shit on by XCX fags. And the next one will be shit on by XC2 fags.

I made a big point about looking into staff and branching out depending on what you like for a reason. XC2 isn’t super original or amazing, but I had a good time with it and enjoyed the majority of ita characters, and its more interesting themes/world despite some writing issues it had.

>say "pic related"
>don't actually post my pic
I HAD ONE FUCKING JOB

Attached: f6a4e5841bd6a48bdbdb0959e3a5d5111532548903_full.jpg (640x960, 251K)

Based.

Attached: 1534375352918.jpg (764x565, 82K)

Retain all the features from the first XCX that XC2 cut, like running, no fall damage, and vanity equipment.

Then, just integrate more of the ayy lmaos into the party.

Lupin anime are nothing like XC2 in any way so I don’t see the point. A more apt comparison would be with stuff like Diebuster and Gurren Lagann.

>Retain all the features from the first XCX that XC2 cut
Why do people keep saying this like XC2 was somehow planned to be a progression from X? It was clearly going down a seperate design path.

Because those features were direct improvements on the XC1 formula. Being able to run instead of having to craft gems, and not dying from a slightly-too-large fall were great, and XC1 also had gear change your appearance and the affinity chart, all of which were cut from XC2.

I'm saying that "The woman called Fujiko Mine" in particular has a lot of fanservice, there are plenty of tits in this show, but its still well written and you never think to yourself that the tits are just there to help distract you from how banal it all is.

I'm not just autistically against boobs for no reason, but I certainly don't think they are enough to hold something up on their own. Everything I've seen about XC2 tells me that the characters are all incredibly generic, the story just basic Shonen stuff, and all I ever see people talk about is the tits so there can't be anything else all that interesting that happens in the game.

>It was clearly going down a seperate design path.
If that design path is less and shit maybe.

2 cut a lot of stuff from 1 and X that was straight up great, despite 2fans trying to ignore it or even claim that it was obsolete to deny the changes. And all that 2 did was add some nonsense placeholders that nobody asked for.
I still have no idea what they were thinking with the timed pouches. Fucking MMO shit.

Will you people please stop responding to Xfag? What is wrong with you?

>Okada shit
>Well written
>Shitting on Lupin's characters
The only thing she did right is Nagi no Asukara

I know, but it is still a very different type of anime. You seem to not want to actually read my points about the staff, and aspects I enjoyed though, so I don’t have anything further to say apart from just stick to what you think will be good I guess.

Xfag isn't here. It seems like it's ACfag instead.

I have no idea who that is because I dont sit on this board 24/7 so fuck off with your boogeyman.

Xfag is a nonexistent boogeyman, there isn't an Xfag like there is an ACfag or a Barneyfag, or that one guy who really hates FE Echoes. Not everyone who disagrees with you is the same person, you sound like a fucking schizo.

Her run on Lupin was very good and no amount of flops or shit movies she does for other stuff will change that

>Xfag is a nonexistent boogeyman
He has admitted to existing himself

>Shitting on Lupin's characters
its just closer to the manga, not the anime.

Can't find an equivalent for XBX so maybe somebody can fill that in.

Attached: xeno = gainax.jpg (3512x7987, 3.64M)

I only ever played Xenoblade Chronicles X, and watched Chuggaaconroy's Let's Play of the original game.

Original looked good, I somewhat enjoyed X, and I never really cared about 2 because I never owned a Switch

Oh well fuck me then, but I can smell an autistically obsessed shitposter a mile away and I cantell you there isn't one in this thread.

>You seem to not want to actually read my points about the staff, and aspects I enjoyed though,
I get what you're saying, and I'm not saying your opinions are any less valid, I'm just making my own point that I'm not against all fanservice, but XC2's brand of fanservice is very offputting to me.
There might be some nuggets of interesting story and character growth in there somewhere, but I'm simply not interested in wading through all of the cliches and tropes to get to it

>xc1 is like gurren lagann
Well I guess that explains why I loved it so much

>gainax
>make shit anime
>go broke
kek

>X's soundtrack because it confuses him

You mean: "UUHH UUHH, YEAH"?

That’s because X has nothing in common with any Gainax anime. It’s more something Sunrise or a newer mecha studio would make.

He was here earlier, but I’m not so sure about now.

holy shit now that you mention it xenoblade 2 is literally nadia but in a fantasy world

Oh, no, if you're talking about these
and whatever other posts I've made, I'm not ACFag but get mistaken for him often because there aren't many people on Yea Forums that will actively say they don't like anime fanservice in particular. Generally you just see people saying all anime is trash.

I've gotten into some long arguments with ACfag about why his approach is retarded though, he simply doesn't listen.
You can tell when its him because he will ignore everything anyone says to him and just keep telling you that you're ACTUALLY what he assumes you are, he'll also bring up length of cutscenes all the time because his autism made him misunderstand what people mean by "movie game"

I can respect that, even if I don’t feel the same way.

Its also literally future boy conan

This would be right if all the tits and nonsense were removed from Gunbuster and Gurren Lagann.

Link me the posts you think are him, then

That's why I loved it so much.
youtube.com/watch?v=uOmqOhGno6Y

Attached: e22a2c3c38d5339421ad3faef44a8d78.jpg (564x910, 99K)

Castle in the sky niggers

Xenoblade has its fair share of tits and turns into complete over the top nonsense on the mechonis desu

Attached: fiora butt 2.png (1600x900, 1.5M)

True, but not nearly as much as Gunbuster and TTGL. TTGL had a lot of pure retardation and silly tone to it, much more so than XC2.

This.

>Adding simple puzzles = now the game has real dungeons

Holy fuck you people are retarded. But I already knew that since you like P5.

If you are an adult, read books (non fantasy) and don't think anime is something terribly profound - you'll like XC2. It's fun, it's comfy, it has good music, and it's well written in the only way Japan knows how to write - which is friendships.

It gets good immediately. The opening is kino, the early part is kino, the latter parts are kino. XC2 fans don't bash 1, they only respond to weak fucking bait by 1 fags.

>oh yeah, where
Look at the title of this thread you fucking nigger

2 was both the best and worst Xenoblade game. First 5 chapters are complete shit but the last 5 chapters are the highest highs the series has hit, which is why opinions are so split. It's unironically very bad case of "the game gets good 40 hours in"

Every XC1 fag on this board just turned to dust.

It's reverse Xenoblade 1
Xenoblade 1 starts off incredibly and it's an intriguing ride up until the first visit to Prison Island and after Prison Island it's a downward spiral into asspulls and shonen cliches and becomes downright insulting with when and everything after Zanza is reborn.
Xenoblade 2 is downright obnoxious once you get to Gormott even though the prologue before that (beginning of the game to when you meet Pyra) is intriguing but cliche and feels like a downward spiral into shitty anime cliches and filler until the plot starts to pick up and become really intriguing once you get to the Praetorium. Everything turns into a wild ride from the moment Jin kidnaps Pyra to the the end.

>I've gotten into some long arguments with ACfag about why his approach is retarded though, he simply doesn't listen.
Care to give me a refresher then?

>he'll also bring up length of cutscenes all the time because his autism made him misunderstand what people mean by "movie game"
The people who use the term "movie game" are hypocrites. They'll gladly turn a blind eye to visual novels and cite them as the greatest thing ever made, as long as they have titties. But if a western game has cutscenes? Ratios be damned, it's movieshit, they say. And their most common excuse is "well, I decided that the gameplay is shit, and I magically know more than every game journalist and Ps4 user in the entire world". Yet I'm the shitposter if I imply that maybe Xenoblade's gameplay is too low quality to justify its cutscene amount. I have to jump through hoops and hurdles to not hurt any fan's feelings, and even when I do, when I make the effort to be understanding and reasonable, I still get shat on.

It's so close-minded that people can't possibly fathom why I wouldn't like cutscenes, and why I don't like fanservice. At this point I'm not even offended by it. You could have the character naked while deep throating a banana, but you won't find me clamoring to censor it like some pearl clutching soccer mom. At this point I'm more bored of it than anything. When I see a scene like that, the thought going through my mind is "yeah okay, when do I get to play the game?"

Xenoblade 1 should have ended after Prison Island
Xenoblade 2 should have been a direct sequel that's just a better written, paced and polished second half of Xenoblade 1 where Zanza's actually a good villain and Egil isn't a walking contradiction.
The actual Xenoblade 2 should be Xenoblade 3.

Chapter 1 and 3 are pretty good, and chapter 4 is decent. It’s chapter 2 that really slowed things down.

X > 2 > 1

I'm the guy that spent literal hours trying to have an actual conversation with you about why I can understand what your coming from, but your approach is why everyone calls you an insufferable autist.
You never listen to me though and just keep repeating assumptions you've made that are completely false and baseless. It still baffles me that you equate perpetually horny posters posting Zero Suit art with "All of Yea Forums likes Other M"

The plot has its high and lows for the first 5 or so chapters like Rex becoming the Aegis Driver, or Mythra's awakening after Vandham gets smoked by Torna, but 6 ~ 10 are pretty great with some small exceptions.
You didn't address a single thing in the post, and proceeded to say kino to everything without explanation. What's wrong with you?

>but your approach is why everyone calls you an insufferable autist.
My approach is one without compromise. I'm sorry if that sounds close-minded, but I can't meet halfway with people who think that it's okay to dedicate an entire thread to talking about Nia's minge or Pyra's farts. And yet these people accuse me of shitposting. Talking about farts = fine, but disliking cutscenes = autistic shitposter who hates fun. Yeah, that makes a ton of sense.

>It still baffles me that you equate perpetually horny posters posting Zero Suit art with "All of Yea Forums likes Other M"
What other conclusion am I supposed to draw? I tried starting a metroid thread ages ago, which died at 14 posts. Some horny kid starts a thread with zero suit porn in the OP, and it reaches 500 posts easily. From that I can gather that Yea Forums doesn't want gameplay in metroid, since they don't want to talk about it in the slightest. Yet they'll gladly spam porn over and over again because that's all they care about. why shouldn't I equate this with Other M support? These people have already demonstrated that they don't care about the actual game being bad. they'll give it a pass if they can jerk off to the titties. It's a little late to suddenly pretend that they're conniseurs who care about quality.

Oh great the 'simple puzzles' autist woke up.

XCX > XC1 > XC2

Attached: elma.jpg (600x630, 51K)

>My approach is one without compromise
No, your approach is one of autism.
You think you're just being tough on anons, but your unwillingness to compromise just leaves you looking like a retard because you're not 100% correct like you think you are. Your arguments are mostly comprised of baseless assumptions, but you act like they're facts and its everyone else that "just doesn't get it"

When people shitpost about farts they're being ironic shitposters. You're a completely unironic shitposter that never listens to anyone. What are you even trying to accomplish? Even when someone like me, who kind of agrees with what you're trying to touch on but thinks you're going about it the wrong way, tries to talk with you you still just resort to retyping out the same weird shit you've been saying for like a decade now.

Try actually talking to people, I don't like blatant fanservice either because I think its just distasteful and lazy, but there is nothing wrong with other anons liking it. I can admit that in the grand scheme of things I'm the weird one in modern society for not letting my tastes be driven by the id. Just because I don't care much for sexual fanservice anymore doesn't mean everyone else isn't allowed. I just wish they would talk more about other aspects of games because there are only so many conversations you can have about liking boobies before it all turns into a bunch of weird fags telling each other about their jerk off sessions while posting pictures of off model fanart.
You never budge or change your opinions though, even in the face of actual evidence against your claims. Which is why you come off as just a screeching autist.

I remember having a 2 hour conversation with you about why I love Bayonetta despite hating fanservice and you just kept telling me I was lying and just liked the porn, only taking a break to post some garbage about it being a movie game because it had cutscenes.

Attached: 1280w.jpg (1280x960, 157K)

Not him, but the P5 puzzles really are simplistic as hell. Yet the game still feels the need to have your party members constantly give you hints, or interupt you. Like, why? I hope Royal fixes this.

The first 5 chapters had their moments but they spread too far between, which fucked up the pacing. If they cut first 5 chapters in half or something it'd be a lot more enjoyable.

nice spam, Eric.

>Your arguments are mostly comprised of baseless assumptions, but you act like they're facts and its everyone else that "just doesn't get it"
Except I'm always willing to back up what I say. When I talk about Xeno threads being nothing but porn dumping grounds, I can go into the newly crowned Yea Forums archives and find you at least 10 of them. Likely from the same day if necessary.

>When people shitpost about farts they're being ironic shitposters.
And the unironic ones? Where are they in this mess? Are they the posters calling me an "ADHD snoy tranny"? I guess those are ironic shitposters too? If these don't represent the Xeno fandom, then I'd sure love to meet one of these "reasonable fans" that so often get brought up.

>you still just resort to retyping out the same weird shit you've been saying for like a decade now.
Maybe it sounds weird to you, but to me it's just the way i see things. I've been in enough threads to know better.

>Try actually talking to people, I don't like blatant fanservice either because I think its just distasteful and lazy, but there is nothing wrong with other anons liking it.
Yeah, if they didn't spam threads and destroy discussions 24/7, there's nothing wrong with it. Oh wait....

>You never budge or change your opinions though, even in the face of actual evidence against your claims.
With the upmost respect, I've never seen evidence posted against my claims. At most i hear some flimsy half-assed justification like "no you see talking about mythra's panties is TOTALLY gameplay related!" or some other copout. I've been hearing that for 10 years minimum. At some point I grew tired of hearing it.

(cont'd)

>AC fag
>respect

Please. Your SJW mentality is "MY WAY OR THE HIGHWAY" when it comes to your ideas on how to "improve" games

(cont'd)

>I remember having a 2 hour conversation with you about why I love Bayonetta despite hating fanservice and you just kept telling me I was lying and just liked the porn,
It's hard for me to believe anyone when they make this claim because when I analyze the game (even while ignoring the fanservice) people get so pissy and defensive and call me a snoy tranny who hates beautiful women. Naturally I see this kind of response as an admittance that they're lying. Why would they get so angry and defense at pointing out some common truths over their game? why call me a tranny over criticizing the gameplay and story? It's these kinds of things that make fans of the series untrustworthy.

>only taking a break to post some garbage about it being a movie game because it had cutscenes.
You'd think a board so set on hating sony and ps4 exclusives in general would understand the notion that maybe someone might hate cutscenes period, not caring about context or brand name or corporate loyalty. If people can discard God of Onions for having too many cutscenes (despite it having 60 hours of gameplay according to HLTB) then it shouldn't seem so odd for someone to hate Bayonetta for having too many cutscenes. Do you think anyone ever addresses this point? Hah, I wish.

ACFag I'm not doing this again my dude
Just fucking stop, maybe spend some time away from Yea Forums. I've been here longer than you if I'm not mistaken, and the entire time I've also never budged on my stances on things.

I'll argue with people I disagree with all the time, but I don't have a fucking nickname like you do, people can't pick out my posts immediately because of an instantly recognizable brand of autism, I have actual dialogues with people and try to talk about my hobbies with them. Even if I disagree with them its okay that we have different viewpoints.

You don't talk with people, you talk at them. You lurk around for opinons you disagree with and then prepare yourself to spam the same kind of deluded non-sense you've been posting every day for far, far, far too long.

You've never convinced anyone of anything because you're not willing to listen to their side of the conflict, you just kind of show up and start screeching retarded shit at people.

Who fucking cares that there are a bunch of horny weebs that post XC2 shit?
I didn't buy the game cause it looked like it pandered to that audience and I don't really talk about it, hell I'm only in this thread because I saw it as a chance to talk about how much I enjoyed Xenoblade Chronicles X.

Why are YOU in this thread?
What are you hoping to do here?

And the alternative of "if you don't like 24/7 titties in your game, you're an evil SJW" is better?

They didn't need the dagger to climb the World Tree, Minoth told them to give it to Amalthus to send a message (basically, "hey Driver, help these kids find a way up"). The reason they went to Amalthus in the first place was to find out how they could deal with Ophion to climb the tree, and the information about the Omega Fetter was exactly that.
Nobody knew they could climb the tree from the bottom (the Land of Morytha is just a myth amongst salvagers).
And all Jin would really be able to do in the World Tree on his own is maybe kill the Architect - but keep in mind that Torna's image of "the Architect" was likely less decrepit old man and more of a literal god. He wouldn't be able to operate the Artifices there or anything, and those were pretty important to Torna's plan. And he'd be going up against all of Indol plus an Artifice entirely on his own - the game makes it pretty clear that he's in no shape to reliably take THAT much on solo. He could barely even handle the full party+Haze in Temperantia.
Since Jin only had so much time left anyways, it's just a lot less risky for them to focus on restoring Malos's power and getting rid of Ophion so the whole crew could ascend.

The reason people can pick my posts out is because I don't blindly circlejerk eastern games and waifu games. People want to call me a snoy tranny because it fits their narrative better, but obviously they can't do that because I hold the same views against sony and ps4 exclusives, hence the need to come up with a new name.

>You've never convinced anyone of anything because you're not willing to listen to their side of the conflict,
If their argument had actual merit instead of "lol look at this tranny! 40%! cope! dilate!" then I'd be happy to have a discussion.But surprising absolutely nobody, /pol/ mannerisms do not count as an argument.

>Who fucking cares that there are a bunch of horny weebs that post XC2 shit?
When these same people barge into every thread possible and talk about how their game is a godsend against the evil SJWs and how no other game in existence can compare, what am I supposed to do? Sit down and never say anything? When a Xeno fan comes into my thread (often not even related to xenoblade) and shits it up with porn because he thinks I'm an SJW, how am I in the wrong there?

>Why are YOU in this thread?
Unlike a shitposter or a porn poster, I'm actually here to discuss the series. Just because I dislike major parts of it doesn't mean I can't talk indepth about how I would improve it. After all, that is what Yea Forums is for, right? It's not some tumblr hugbox where everyone jerks eachother off with the same opinions. Is there not room for conflicting viewpoints?

>The reason people can pick my posts out is because I don't blindly circlejerk eastern games and waifu games
No, dude, its because you have actual autism.
Your posts stand out because no one else would ever make the arguments you try to make because they don't make any fucking sense 99% of the time.

That's a staple of every Xenoblade game, idiot.

What about my arguments don't make sense? For example, how is it nonsensical to want Xenoblade to run at a stable 30 FPS, or even better, 60 FPS? Why is it unreasonable to want less cutscenes, especially when a majority of them are useless filler? Why is it a sin to want threads that are more than just people jerking off to their favorite paheal images?

I know this may shock you but you can have titties AND gameplay

Two of the writers are the same, but there's a new guy who didn't write for XB1. Takahashi wrote the overall plot, then the other two wrote the scripts for the individual chapters (one handling the even chapters, the other the odd chapters), with Takahashi checking their work.
Ironically, the chapters written by the newer writer have a LOT less of the 'anime humor' than the ones from the one returning from XB1.

So why do you throw such a tantrum when I say that I want fewer cutscenes? No matter what logic you try to use, you cannot have cutscenes and gameplay. The two are opposites that repel eachother.

There, you just summed up an entire thread being derailed in one small post. Instead of mass replying to people like a fucking autist you could just say
>A game being 60fps is very important to me, the unstable framerate in handheld mode is a deal breaker for me
>I want less cutscenes, I didn't like the direction a lot of them took
>I wish we could talk about the gameplay more instead of just waifus.

Thats literally all you have to say, but you don't keep it short and to the point, you go off on weird autistic tangents.
Seriously, please. Think about what I'm saying to you. How many other people on this website have nicknames like you do, and get picked out instantly in conversation like you do, that aren't giant fucking autists? Please, for your own sake and sanity, think about WHY everyone shits on you so hard. Because you're right, those points you just made AREN'T absurd, I've been trying to tell you this. The problem is that you rant for hours while making shit up to support your arguments, you will just weave some kind of imaginary narrative in your head about all of these people that you fight against but they don't really exist.

Keep in mind, I've argued with you dozens of times, more times than I should, because I want to see you get better. But every time I argue with you you tell me that I'm just [one of them]. You can't see me as an individual with different tastes than you, its just You vs [them]

This is why I tell you to maybe take some time away from Yea Forums, I'm not telling you to Go back to Tumblr or Reddit or anything, I just think it would be healthy for you to spend time away from this website. You don't seem well, you seem angry. You project a lot of frustrations onto people on Yea Forums.
This can't be healthy for you man, you spend literally all day every day yelling at people that don't exist for shit that you made up about them.

>No matter what logic you try to use, you cannot have cutscenes and gameplay. The two are opposites that repel eachother.
This is retarded dude, see, this is the kind of shit I'm talking about.
The cutscenes exist to support the narrative of the game, there is nothing wrong with a game taking 5 minutes to establish whats going on.
Hell, D&D is all gameplay but as the DM I still need to take a few minutes to describe the room and shit when they walk in. Without that context the actions you're making have less weight.
This kind of autistic black and white reasoning of yours is why no one takes you seriously.

You're literally saying that any game with a narrative isn't a game, but thats just fucking stupid and you should know that. I have a very very hard time believing that you actually think any game with a narrative structure isn't actually a videogame.

Try to chill out and stop being such a sperg, seriously thing about what you're claiming here, its genuinely fucking stupid and something that only you could claim because it makes no fucking sense.
This is the kind of shit I'm talking about, the things that make you stand out.

This is why you have a nickname and people tell you to fuck off, and I can have nice conversations with people that I disagree with without being called out.

>Thats literally all you have to say,
Now show me one single thread in all of Yea Forums's history where the greater collective fanbase actually listened to these complaints and didn't call the poster an autistic snoy tranny or anything like that. Please, show me this "reasonable response" you speak of, because no matter how short or simple I make my posts, people still find cause to shit on me. Worse yet, my post gets buried under people accusing me of being a persona/snoy fan, so I have to spend several posts kindly explaining that I'm of a neutral position. But once people label you as a shitposter, they never listen.

>you will just weave some kind of imaginary narrative in your head about all of these people that you fight against but they don't really exist.
Then where are the people that prove this narrative wrong? Where are the level headed fans who can actually take criticism?

Did it? I played this series back to back after 2 and it seems to have improved in many ways. I don't have nostalgia googles to rely on anyway

The ending of the first one.

>The cutscenes exist to support the narrative of the game, there is nothing wrong with a game taking 5 minutes to establish whats going on.
Only when it's a game YOU like. Heaven forbid a western dev do it, otherwise justifications get pulled out left and right for why it's "movieshit" and why "SJWs are ruining the industry".

For example, tell me the difference between God of War and Xenoblade, in terms of gameplay and storytelling. AND I DON'T WANT TO HEAR ANY OPINIONS. You are not allowed to say that one has better story or better gameplay. You have to argue objectively, that means speaking in points that aren't just opinions. If you're unable to do that, then you'll see my frustration in trying to deal with these double standards. The people arguing these points insert their own bias, and I'm expected to blindly accept this without questioning it.

2babbies are just as bad as smashfags and the left side.

>Now show me one single thread in all of Yea Forums's history where the greater collective fanbase actually listened to these complaints and didn't call the poster an autistic snoy tranny or anything like that
So what, thats the fucking point of Yea Forums.
Are you seriously saying the problem is that even though you've told people that you don't like the game, the problem is that they STILL don't agree with you and suddenly stop liking a thing they like?

The "Reasonable Response" could arguably be this entire conversation I've been having with you, but you don't see it that way I guess because I'm not saying "You know what, you're completely correct, I now have your opinion and not my own".

Seriously, re-read what you're typing to me. You're saying that you're upset because you've told people you don't like this game, but they have the audacity to still like it anyway.
Who fucking cares?
I don't like Neptunia, like at all, but I don't literally seethe about it.
Do you think this is productive? Going up to people that have different opinions than you do and shouting at them until they agree with you?

Do YOU like it when autists screech at you and call you retarded for NOT liking anime tiddies? Does it make you want to like anime tiddies more? Does it make you agree with them? I'm going to go ahead and assume it doesn't.
So why do you think doing that to other people, all day every day, would make them change their minds and agree with you?

Try respecting other peoples rights to have their own opinions. Why the fuck would anyone respect you and your opinions if you can't give them the same respect in return? You're so obnoxious that even someone that kind of agrees with you has to write multiple character limit posts trying to get you to re-contextualize what you're doing and hopefully see that you're acting like a huge fucking autist. And when I say that I mean actual autism, not the Yea Forums meme kind, you don't seem stable.

imagine unironically replying to ACtranny

>Only when it's a game YOU like. Heaven forbid a western dev do it
Again, you're making fucking stupid assumptions based on nothing. Its like you genuinely believe that Yea Forums is one giant person and you're pulling the ace out of your sleeve here with a big "GOTCHA!" accusation.
When have I ever fucking brought up western games?
What the fuck does God of War have to do with Xenoblade?

I genuinely don't know what kind of point you're trying to make here, you're doing that thing again where instead of listening to me, and actually reading what I'm saying to you, you default back to sperging out and retyping shit you just randomly spew at people for no reason.

This is autistic dude, actual autism. You're not well, this is not healthy.

I just want him to be better dude, I know its pointless, I've tried this too many times already, but a small part of me hopes that one of these days he'll actually get what I'm trying to say to him and realize what he's been wasting his life doing.

He doesn't seem like a bad person, he's just got some kind of fucked up warped worldview from what I imagine is a decade of being isolated from IRL social contact with nothing but Yea Forums to interact with.

I can't imagine talking on an anonymous image board for that long is healthy for people with autism, much like with AC Fag here, it can probably lead to some very unhealthy "US vs THEM" thinking.

I just don't think he's a lost cause, one day he might learn how to actually socialize and talk to people, instead of talking at them.

This is Xenoblade 2's best girl. Say something nice about her.

Attached: 1566757568457.jpg (2000x3000, 535K)

I'm saying that these people want their cake and they want to eat it too. They want to stop any criticism of Xenoblade, while shitting on other games, while creating hugboxes devoid of wrongthink and differing viewpoints. Whether they like the game or not isn't the problem. It's them being unable to comprehend someone disliking the game without strawmanning them into a convenient subgroup of console war shitposter. do you think I'd have a problem with XB fans if their responses amounted to something like "I'm sorry you feel that way, I don't agree but I understand where you're coming from"? Something sensible as a response, without them having to change their viewpoints. Instead I get responses like "haha dilate!" like that somehow counts as an argument.

>The "Reasonable Response" could arguably be this entire conversation I've been having with you,
And I would normally agree, except you want me to stop complaining about Xenoblade, change my mind, and blindly love the series. That's what I feel anyway. If that's not the case, feel free to correct me. But on a board of people who think it's okay to spam 500 posts of porn, I'm almost insulted that a reasonable distaste of JRPGs is somehow the worst thing you could ever imagine posting.

>You're saying that you're upset because you've told people you don't like this game, but they have the audacity to still like it anyway.
Let me correct that.
>I'm upset because any criticism whatsoever gets a retort drowning in console war shitposting, obvious bias, double standards and intellectual dishonesty, instead of something reasonable

>Do YOU like it when autists screech at you and call you retarded for NOT liking anime tiddies?
No, but you know what I respect? When someone likes anime titties and doesn't screech about how I'm an evil jewish overlord out to subvert japanese beauty because of SJW politics. But good luck seeing that on modern Yea Forums.

He's not just autistic, he's also schizophrenic and doesn't take his meds. These shitposters are always like this and it's really easy to pick them out, because they always repeat the same things like a broken record no matter what you say to them because their retard brain twists what you said into whatever they wanted to see.

>When have I ever fucking brought up western games?
It is a common topic in Xenoblade threads, the very first defense brought up when someone complains about the game. Either that or a convenient crying sony wojak gets posted, to signify that any opinions are just "salty sony fans". Does anyone ever call this out as shitposting, or attempt to have a reasonable discussion afterward? No, nobody ever does. They're more than content letting console wars ravage any given discussion.

the point of me bringing up god of war in this particular instance was to prove a common hypocrisy in the fandom. They often talk about how evil western games are and how cinematic they are, so I simply present a little question of how it's any different from eastern games. I want to know this big difference that somehow separates the two. Nobody can ever bring up a rebuttal.

>He doesn't seem like a bad person
you cant be serious.
not only is he destroying his own life he is also shitting up a community and drags other people into his bullshit.

It didn't. While XC2 had some things I didn't like it added some realky context to XC1's plot that was great

This is the point I'm talking about. You say NOTHING to posters who spam xenoblade porn and go off topic complaining about SJWS. However, even one single criticism of Xenoblade gets labeled as "autistic" and "mentally unsound".

>They want to stop any criticism of Xenoblade, while shitting on other games, while creating hugboxes devoid of wrongthink and differing viewpoints.
No they fucking don't
I've been in this thread having perfectly civil conversations about how I think the waifushit in XC2 ruins the aesthetic for me, the difference is that I actually talk to people about it instead of sperging out.

People reply to you with meme shit like "Fuck off SJW" or "DILATE TRANNY" because your posts are fucking inane,

They aren't upset that you're criticizing the game, they're upset that its YOU. They're tired of YOU because you're a shitposter. Just calming down dude, stop being so obsessed with shit you don't like, I've seen you hop from game to game so many times over the years. Its been so long since Armoured Core that most people probably don't even remember why you're called AC Fag anymore.

You need to realize that the problem is you.
If the issue was actually that no criticism is allowed I would have been called out just like you are, but I wasn't. Only you were, you need to question why that is. Really stop and think about why everyone gets so angry at you.

>However, even one single criticism of Xenoblade gets labeled as "autistic" and "mentally unsound".
You're just being disingenuous, its not "just one post", its a decade of this shit. A decade of you doing this constantly over whatever the newest game to trigger your autism is.

Everyone knows its you, being anonymous doesn't make you invisible because you're the only one that makes these insane arguments you make, you stand out because you genuinely come off as autistic and mentally unwell.

People in this thread are telling me not to even bother because they think you're a paranoid schizophrenic, and hell they might be right.
You need to stop deluding yourself. You can't be this blind to the truth when its right in front of you.
I know you feel defensive because most people just shit on you and tell you to fuck off, but I'm trying to help you. I don't want to see you keep doing this for another 10 years, life is too short for that.

I think it’s because most people played the english dub of XC1, which really changes the way the story feels. It might be anime, but with a buch of plucky british blokes as the main cast, it doesn’t really feel like it. XC2 has a much more distinctly anime art style than XC1, and the english dub (most people probably didn’t play in Japanese, sorry) is much more what you would expect from your average anime dub.

Attached: 8538BAE9-30E2-4052-97AB-DA5E00A69548.jpg (800x450, 48K)

How can that be best girl when Black Siren is best girl?

>I've been in this thread having perfectly civil conversations about how I think the waifushit in XC2 ruins the aesthetic for me
Link to these posts then.

>People reply to you with meme shit like "Fuck off SJW" or "DILATE TRANNY" because your posts are fucking inane,
but why? Post a single example of "inane" posts that I've made.

>They're tired of YOU because you're a shitposter.
I'm angry right now because people call me a shitposter for no reason. Having a differing viewpoint does NOT make you a shitposter.

>If the issue was actually that no criticism is allowed I would have been called out just like you are, but I wasn't.
I would love to see these posts then.

Right now you're sabotaging your post by calling me a schizo and mentally unwell. All over some criticism.

>Meanwhile XC1 is one of the best executed pieces of shonen media in existence.
I agree with this statement only on the terms that it's execution in developing classic shonen tropes through it's characters and plot was more sophisticated than how xc2 tried to handle the same themes.

No playable Mobile suits
Story is less complex
Less interesting characters
More Fantasy than Sci-fi
Open world
Boring side quests
Battles are changed so your team is played by AI and can act stupid with certain characters
Less interesting themes

I like Xenogears\Saga but could never finish Xenoblade

AC Fag please, how the fuck do you think I know that you are actually AC Fag, and how do you think I know that we've had these conversations before, if I don't recognize you.
I've been talking with you like this for a very long time, I've seen you get more and more unwell.

Why would I even be upset at you for not liking XC2? I've said multiple times that I don't like it either, I think the waifus and pandering ruin the aesthetic for me, I'm more of a XCX fan.

>Why would I even be upset at you for not liking XC2?
All I'm saying is that nobody bats an eye at a shitposting thread where people get called snoys for disliking the game. Nobody complains when a thread jerks off Xenoblade by bringing up sales or unironically linking to a game journalist who liked the game. Nobody even bats an eye at the thought of yet another porn dump with zero gameplay discussion.

so why do people get so angry at me? What about me is worse than DECADES of shitposting, console warring, and off topic porn dumping? No matter how much you disagree with my arguments, they are still video game related, are they not? Do I not stick to the point and discuss the game itself, instead of throwing around buzzwords and console war shit? You act like I'm the guy posting the dancing webm constantly, or console wojaks. I just don't see how I'm worse than all of that.

>All I'm saying is that nobody bats an eye at a shitposting thread where people get called snoys for disliking the game. Nobody complains when a thread jerks off Xenoblade by bringing up sales or unironically linking to a game journalist who liked the game. Nobody even bats an eye at the thought of yet another porn dump with zero gameplay discussion.
They do though, and a lot of those threads get deleted for being shitposting.

>so why do people get so angry at me? What about me is worse than DECADES of shitposting
I've explained this to you dude, but you're not listening to me. And you have ALSO been doing this for around 10 years IIRC. People see you the same way they see Barneyfag, they don't get upset with you because you're telling them hurtful truths that they don't want to hear about their beloved waifu games or whatever you think you're doing, they're telling you to fuck off because you come off like a weird autist like Barneyfag.

He probably thinks he's doing the right thing too, he probably also thinks the only people telling him to fuck off are closet barney watchers trying to silence his crusade against them, you're not quite as far off the deep end as he is, but its getting close man.

This is why I keep telling you to look at what you're saying to me. To really try and reconsider what you're arguing about. If you would just stop and realize what you're doing, you could probably start having actual conversations with people without them telling you to go kill yourself or something.
You're just going to have to put some effort in, you need to listen to people a d respect their rights to have different opinions, rather than just immediately assuming their part of this vague evil blob of people you hate and going crazy.

>They do though, and a lot of those threads get deleted for being shitposting.
[citation needed]

>they're telling you to fuck off because you come off like a weird autist like Barneyfag.
The difference between me and him is that I'm respectful to people I argue with. You may not think so, but do I ever console war? Do I ever instigate fights? Do I bring out slurs and ad hominem? Most importantly, have I ever ban evaded just to spam caps lock posts and copypasta? Say what you will, but I at least respect Yea Forums's rules. I may take issue with some of its culture, but I don't consider myself above the site's guidelines. I try and be respectful at all times. It's just that sometimes I can be a bit extreme with my views. I admit it, but I don't apologize for it.

>This is why I keep telling you to look at what you're saying to me. To really try and reconsider what you're arguing about. If you would just stop and realize what you're doing, you could probably start having actual conversations with people without them telling you to go kill yourself or something.
This is the crux of the entire argument user. You see, I already CAN have these conversations with people. I've had countless discussions where nobody ever called me a faggot tranny, or told me to kill myself. Do you know the one big difference that made it possible? I was discussing a Ps4 game.

That little detail changes the perception of my posts from "evil snoy shitposter" to "based user telling it like it is". When I complain about cutscenes and gimmicks and all manner of bad gameplay mechanics, do you think anyone calls me an autist? You think anyone tells me that I'm obnoxious? Haha of course not, because I'm attacking a Yea Forums approved target. Who would dare stand up in GOW's defense? Who would whiteknight sony against my criticisms? Nobody, that's who!

If I truly was an obnoxious shitposter, like it's being claimed here, then people would hate me regardless of the game I criticized.

every other game doesn't have them be as aggressive as the ones in 2

So you're saying you're not an obnoxious shitposter because you don't get called out in shitpost threads?

Believe what you want I guess dude, I'm not going to waste any more time trying to help you. You seriously believe in your delusions and I guess thats all there is to it. I just think its sad.

>So you're saying you're not an obnoxious shitposter because you don't get called out in shitpost threads?
Who says those are shitpost threads? If anything I find sony threads on Yea Forums to be quite civil. People aren't afraid to tear into TLOU or Uncharted no matter how much money sony pumps into game journo outlets for positive press. Everyone can be honest without fear of backlash. The idorts who even point out positive things about the games can happily agree to the major problems of the series. When someone mindlessly defends the games or calls someone a nincel/xbot/pcfag, we rightfully call them out as a shitposter.

That kind of discussion doesn't happen in Xeno threads. All criticism is seen as an insult to Nintendo and monolith soft, and people spam porn and call people trannies, and this is somehow celebrated as good discussion.

>You seriously believe in your delusions and I guess thats all there is to it. I just think its sad.
Don't feel sad for me. Feel sad for the people who can't defend their favorite games without insults and strawmen.

No one wants to constantly have to "defend" themselves against shitposters.
Xenoblade threads were fucking unbearable when X was coming out because the censorship fags were out in full force, people are sick of dedicated shitposters that never actually want to talk about the game and just tell people that like it "STOP LIKING THIS GAME, ITS SHIT! SHIT!"

Why the fuck would you go out of your way to constantly try to tell people to stop liking things?
Its like autistic fedora lords seeking out people to have 'debates' with about religion, no one wants to fucking hear it.
Again, I just think you're fucking delusional.

Why do you keep thinking that I want people to stop liking Xenoblade? Like I said before, I'm not here to foster a hugbox. I just want a reasonable, sensible exchange of viewpoints. If you love big ol anime titties, good for you. If you love giant unskippable bouts of text and cutscenes, wonderful. Just don't expect people to blindly bend over backwards and praise these games and mechanics without raising issues.More importantly, if you call someone a snoy tranny of an SJW, don't expect them to sit down and say nothing.

>Just don't expect people to blindly bend over backwards and praise these games and mechanics without raising issues.More importantly, if you call someone a snoy tranny of an SJW, don't expect them to sit down and say nothing.
So what you're really saying is that you're upset that people told you to fuck off so you keep going in to their threads out of spite even though on one really wants to engage with your talking points and tells you to fuck off?

>threads constantly made about Xenoblade, often with opening posts like "this is the best game ever made" or "name just one flaw, protip you can't"
>people come in and disagree with OP, often citing problems they had or things they felt brought down the game
>fans freak out and tell people to fuck off, instead of engaging in sensible discussion, because apparently dissenting opinions are now shitposting

If you just want a porn dump where nobody disagrees with your opinion, why even come to Yea Forums?

I think ACfag sucks.

>If you just want a porn dump where nobody disagrees with your opinion, why even come to Yea Forums?
I never said that, but why would anyone want to come to Yea Forums to talk about their hobbies if they had to constantly try to talk around some screaming autist upset that people are enjoying something he doesn't.

No one is asking for a hugbox, but you ask people, in every fucking thread about certain games, to defend things that only make sense to you.
This is a big part of the problem, many of your issues with games are either outright inane, or you present them in such a way that it makes you look unhinged.

>but why would anyone want to come to Yea Forums to talk about their hobbies if they had to constantly try to talk around some screaming autist upset that people are enjoying something he doesn't.
So in your words, any kind of criticism whatsoever is akin to screaming "stop liking what I don't like?"?

>No one is asking for a hugbox, but you ask people, in every fucking thread about certain games, to defend things that only make sense to you.
So asking for a stable framerate "doesn't make sense"? wanting a few less cutscenes is now "inane autism"? Thinking that gameplay is more important than titties "makes me unhinged"?

>No existing.

Someone baby me and just give me rundown of the battle system. Just arrived in fonsett village and still have zero fucking clue what I'm doing and it's getting tiresome.

Attached: 1567196423237.jpg (370x300, 8K)

Attached: 1534572564794.jpg (1200x675, 231K)

I know the extreme basics but I feel like I'm missing something. I'm just spamming moves on Rex,and I know there's more to it than that. Aren't you supposed to build up combos or something to get big damage ?

Yes. There's two types of combos, Driver Combos (using Arts that Breaks, Topples, Launches and Smashes enemies in that order) and Blade Combos (using incrementally higher Specials following the elemental chart that pops out after using your starting Special, the first step can be any Special, then level II to IV, and finally III or IV). Using both combo types simultaneously causes a Fusion Combo, which multiplies their damage.

fusion combos are your best damage dealers but the game hardly even bothers to explain them, here's a guide
youtube.com/watch?v=AFIuU7Hv4O4

Spam arts, get specials.
Use elemental specials according to the flowchart to build combos. 1>2>3, 2>2>3, 3>2>3, 3>3>3.
Every full elemental combo you complete puts an elemental orb on the enemy. With specials you can break them by using opposing elements for massive damage.
Meanwhile you should be doing as much break > topple > launch > smash combos as you can. If you put an axe on Rex he can do everything except for break himself.

Attached: 1559607305579.jpg (640x360, 45K)

I'd say at least make sure your party is set up to be able to do a driver combo, then familiarise yourself with pulling one off (break>topple>launch>smash). You can topple and smash with Rex (using Pyra/Mythra and Roc), so just make sure you've got the break and launch abilities split between the other two party members.