Audio logs

>audio logs

Attached: cafcb07b22a5459f15be089f28369aeb--spongebob-patrick-professional-development.jpg (236x177, 12K)

>Audible logs
*bloops* *flush*

>collectables with no purpose other than being collected

Attached: 1562007789083.jpg (320x297, 11K)

>text logs
>the guy who wrote them also writes noises and includes things like "....I'm not gonna... make i..." or incomplete text

Attached: dog_wat.gif (728x408, 1.21M)

>audio logs
>have to stay in the menu to listen to them

>Diary entries

Attached: 1548384832954.jpg (640x480, 53K)

>ESL
>Can read English very well from shitposting in Yea Forums
>Listening is a lot harder
>Game has audio logs
>No English subtitles

fuck devs who do this

>video logs

Attached: 1454186714956.png (266x305, 154K)

>logs

Attached: shit.jpg (600x646, 53K)

>It's of someone dying horribly

>you can listen to them in-game
>but they're not subtitled
>and they're completely drowned out by other sounds
fucking MGSV and bioshock 2 come to mind

Transcripts are a thing but they never use the word transcript so it's a bit of a mind fuck

>video logs

Attached: 1562546076711.jpg (1008x343, 115K)

My cup runneth over

>game has audio logs in another language

Attached: eye fucking jians man.jpg (1500x1500, 497K)

underrated

I think it was appropriately rated.

An entire in game database that has weapon and vehicle specs, news articles, in world blog pages, character profiles, audio recordings, government comms and briefings, unique collectible items that all have their own backgrounds and info, and a pseudo-Wikipedia website boasting with fictional and non-fictional information and knowledge.
And all of these pages hyperlink to each other with key words allowing you to dig through rabbit holes that start at reading about a pattern of military rifle, leads to reading about the Acoustic Kitty project somewhere in the middle, and end with you reading some Mom's posts about her family life and the best toy's you should buy for you kids this coming Christmas.

Name the game if you faggots can.

Attached: jinx1.jpg (355x562, 74K)

Also in this same game.
>Find myself in a dying nightmare world.
>Hear a repeating voice in the middle of a fight.
>Realize the voice is localized around a tree.
>Start running to every tree I can find.
>Find several more talking tree, each giving more background info if you listen in.

What game?

>listenong to Zero explaining his ultimate master plan on tape
>This world will become, I have found the wa-- THAT'S AN ENEMY GUNSHIP. A SINGLE BURST FROM ITS MACHINE GUN WILL CUT A MAN IN HALF. TREAD CAREFULLY BOSS
>The world that the Boss envisioned will finall-- CP, CP THIS IS ZOYA 5. I HEARD SOMEONE FARTING IN THE DESERT, GOING TO CHECK IT OUT, OVER. THIS IS CP, UNDERSTOOD.
>repeat for the WHOLE GAME

Attached: MAD.jpg (497x732, 54K)

conker's bad fur day

Attached: 1564041757554.png (794x689, 679K)

Yeah, MGSV was so fucking stupid about it. When I first saw/heard you didn't have to be in the menu for it, and not to mention saw how fucking many there were, I got excited that you could just play and knock them out at the same time. But then in the end, I ended up listening to all of them in the menu, standing in one place in my base or whatever. Didn't want to risk missing important shit if something came up

Last night I had the strangest dream, I was in my room by myself but all the sudden there was not just me there but a hundred me's, a thousand me's. The strangest thing was it felt good, I felt like I was part of something; like I belong. I hope I have the same dream tonight.

Attached: rachel-tillman-body-of-the-many-v2-sig.jpg (1280x1024, 115K)

I remember my pruebas in Spanish class were multi-stage, and listening is the hardest part of the whole thing. It’s so hard to pick individual words out when the speak is going native speaker speed

>going through a loading screen makes the audio log stop playing, and instead of starting up again when you come back, you have to find it again in the menu and then fast forward back to where you were because it didn’t even save your spot
>pointless in game sounds take precedent over the log you’re trying to hear
ok im just going to say it, MGSV has the worst audio logs ever put in a video game. It actually angers me just thinking about all the times i had to go into the menu and rewind because of some fucking automated motherbase notification about an extraction or the weather

Attached: 13B73D1C-D0B4-4127-9618-7383A09F5B33.jpg (416x578, 62K)

>oh no the monster or whatever is about to get me but I'm gonna keep writing AAAAAAAAAAA-

fuck that shit, it's so silly

Attached: 1493253279670.jpg (960x758, 93K)

Random documents and audio logs:
We find them stuck to notice boards,
We find them under dogs.
We're gonna put them in a file
And give it a review
When we're bored of all the gameplay,
But we've nothing else to do.

Attached: 1558600754859.jpg (264x298, 14K)

What if the monster finished it for him?

Fucking tomb naider games

>call of duty Intel
>Just Cause 2 token faction items
>Far Cry 4 masks of yulang

Attached: 1565910034699.jpg (543x532, 59K)

The castle of AAAAAAAUUUUUUGGHHH

>Just Cause 2 anything really
>so much stuff even the developers lost count, and you can't actually 100% it

>developers are aware of autism and put collectibles in the game specifically meant to trigger ocd

Attached: choco.png (125x125, 23K)

>everyone including the main bad guys and their mom writes countless diary logs and audio logs and forgets them all over the place

I hate this shit.

>JC2 collectables
>they're all 101/100 or 99/100

>game has a known glitch which can cause a collectible to fail to spawn indefinitely or fail to be added to your tally once collected
>never patched

Attached: 1459734006339.jpg (693x663, 60K)

>every TT Games lego game ever
>99.9%

>game has text logs by the truckload but they can only be read in the menu, and the protagonist reads them out while in said menu, but much slower than you can read

I 100%ed Assassin's Creed IV collectibles because I wanted to get the ghost crew.

Between optional objectives, treasure chests, towers, puzzle pieces, shanties, side missions, hunting and crafting, ship parts, legendary ships, naval missions, retarded bullshit "hacking" missions IRL, and shit that I don't even remember, it really was not worth the time and mental investment.

I really enjoyed ass creed 4 but noped out on the underwater stealth missions vs sharks

noped out of the 100%

2 spooky

Voice acting was a mistake.

fucking Control

I'm so tired of them. It was fun in Bioshock but not everygame needs them.

They're quite handy for creating NPCs without actually having to make assets for the NPCs. Just do a text write up, record some lines and you're done. Please understand that Bethesda is a small indie company. They needed to save that dough when making Fortnite 76.

I AM

THE GREAT MIGHTY POO

Amazing how you can still see that mistake in newer games