Based Bogard

Let’s discuss based bogard and other possible SNK bros

Attached: E2D5F4F2-9254-4E1E-A9C3-99BC5FC8BC1B.png (750x1024, 926K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Sn8JnzKT27w
youtube.com/watch?v=j-StEOX6L90
youtube.com/watch?v=EH5S-TtEPrI
youtube.com/watch?v=ox6iNOFqUwA
twitter.com/PushDustIn/status/1168737924059295744?s=19
youtube.com/watch?v=nn7eIfhqf3g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>all these people getting mad about Terry because the one specific character they wanted didn't get in
WHINING FOOLS BE GONE

Please post the correct one, thanks.
Also its gonna be eithe Kyo, Athena or Nakururu

Attached: EB052E7D-A8A8-46D5-8FC4-858A2556F15B.jpg (541x461, 69K)

How much you wanna bet that his reveal pun will be Terry gets serious?

>we're going to hear Kirby say "ARE YOU OKAY"

Attached: 497.jpg (177x278, 9K)

>ken with a hat

Imagine not playing anything that isn’t smash like this guy right here

Attached: 49E51DE9-05FC-4CD0-84AC-A9FCD68C1C2A.gif (533x300, 2.02M)

Attached: dededede.gif (153x181, 116K)

Ah, a thinking man

>Nigger without brain

Fuck you I want Geese

I think we're dissapointed that it's another fighting game character that isn't visually distinctive from one of the others we already have. Scorpion would have been better than this

>Not visually distinctive
ARE YOU FUCKING BLIND????

Attached: 914CDA7C-F118-4647-9CC5-0EFED009E0E3.jpg (766x1024, 137K)

>complains about terry
>wants scorpion

Attached: 1551761025571s.jpg (93x125, 2K)

>POYO GEYSER

Sorry but its terry

leakerfag confirmed

Attached: 4364564345.png (202x160, 16K)

You're getting Sub-Zero be happy.

Attached: 3xh8p3pvx4921.jpg (900x1400, 133K)

>we
fuck off

If I had to choose my favorite SNK character overall it'd be Rock. He was the kind of sort of MC of Garou, but Terry is definitely more iconic. Just about every other SNK character has more of a chance than Rock.

Though that being said, Metal Slug 2 and 3 made up a big chunk of my childhood- moreso than Garou or KoF, so I'd be fine with an MS rep.

Currently playing Samsho, and it's pretty fun. This is definitely the fighting game that has emphasized the term "mind games" more than any other I've played. I'd be ok with either Nakoruru or Haohmaru in Smash, but I'd still prefer an MS rep or Rock.

Ultimate's a pretty fun game. Everyone always memed about how a "balanced" smash game is a meme, but this is definitely as close as its going to get.

Shit is pretty balanced but there is a lot of annoying shit in it

Which one?

I could definitely go without the whopping 10+ frames of input buffer or the netcode that makes fucking arcsys look good by comparison yeah.

Im just dissapointed it's a lame ass fighting game character, they been in like a million crossovers so why bother

>there are people who don't like Terry Bogard
My never ever pick for smash was Sol Badguy, but Terry is an amazing choice too. Smashfags cry about wanting to be part of the FGC and then complain when a fighting game character is getting in their game.

Attached: Sol.Badguy.full.285853.jpg (740x1050, 260K)

Who confirmed Terry?

Nobody, it's more riding off the fact that it's supposed to be an SNK character, and Sakurai likes KoF. It might not be, but he's a good choice.

The only absolute confirmation is the DLC4 page on Nintendo UK was up for a while. It did not specify a character, but the legal text had an SNK Copyright tied to it.
So it's either Terry or one of the several other big SNK characters.

Based

Attached: 49C02B74-B7E5-49CA-9424-9BE4C8663C62.jpg (600x600, 125K)

Ok, so I missed nothing in the last day. ty
Terry is cool but I'm still holding out for Marco

Anyone bitching about Terry should have to post their game time in a Fatal Fury or King of Fighters game.

Most smashies didn't even recognised fucking Ryu so I can hardly respect their opinion on the character.

Thread theme
youtube.com/watch?v=Sn8JnzKT27w

At some level he was probably considered, but there's no way to put in GG mechanics into smash without creating an overpowered monster that would make Brawl MK look like a fucking joke.

>RC
>Blitz shield
>Bursting out of hitstun
>Dead angle
>Literal instant kills

me too, i can see him perfectly in smash

WAKEY WAKEY ZOOMERS

Attached: Boomer Terry.png (1876x1200, 527K)

It'd be wierd to get Metal Slug in and no Contra, though.

Jesus rosterfags somehow manage to make me hate Terry, I can't believe it

Attached: 1537716832147.jpg (569x492, 74K)

>isn't visually distinctive from one of the others we already have

What the fuck are you talking about? Terry looks nothing like Ken and Ryu.
The dude looks like a Trucker Pizza Boy. Let alone his Leather Bomber Jacket look.

What, you want another fucking JRPG character?

It won't happen, but I'd absolutely laugh if somehow, someway, Cutie Terry is a skin of Terry in Smash, if he's in.

Attached: Terry.png (806x1156, 390K)

>saying this when the slug, kyo, and nakorurufags have been acting much worse

Don't reply to falseflaggers, they're trying to pit SNK fans against each other.

Attached: ARE YOU OKAY.png (585x736, 466K)

The chad choice

Attached: 74587268-020C-4550-90BB-D8BAEDC905D5.jpg (1136x640, 100K)

It's his turn

Attached: LeeTrevinoFightingGolfBoxart[1].png (250x365, 204K)

You're all terrible

Who's got the pic of terry in this pose holding the smash envelope?

Attached: e1be497a7ff27dbd61814fe04a5fd8b74a4222c6r1-628-871v2_uhq.jpg (628x871, 48K)

My man.

Attached: fio-in-smash.jpg (1440x1440, 177K)

>it's a lame ass fighting game character

how many are there?

FIO OR FUCKING BUST

All of them.
Not even joking.
If it turns out fake, a lot of "insiders" are gonna have their reputation fucked up, more.

>It's all red herrings
>The actual SNK rep is Atomic Guy.

Sol would be so fucking cool, he's got so much potential for a sick moveset.
And I can't even begin to imagine Daisuke's music in smash, that shit would be so fucking cash.

Attached: 1565042479444.png (512x668, 295K)

Any guesses on spirits?

FIO'S BUST?!

Attached: 1550142684053.jpg (800x800, 115K)

I was just hoping there'd be one more HOLY SHIT pipe dream character here, either someone I wanted or one of the long-requested "dude that'll never happen" characters like Geno or some shit.

Terry's cool but I don't think fighting game characters are interesting picks because the dude already has a moveset, there's not a lot of "oh i wonder what he's gonna play like" going on there

Hayabusa's super cool but he's still sort of a middling pick, he's a dude that always sounded possible but never had a full on hype train behind him.

I guess there's still time, I remember a lot of people being consigned to Steve when Banjo got announced.

He better come with a really good meter gimmick and it better fill up quickly and be easy to abuse, otherwise he's DoA. His moveset wouldn't fare much better in smash than it does in his own games.

Attached: cmdx3j7rd7a31.jpg (858x1254, 74K)

Seething Genofag. NOBODY likes Geno except the 3 or so mentally ill genofags out there.

Attached: terry's in.png (1028x980, 913K)

this. reminds me the idiots who spammed that stupid dragon from metroid. now no one plays him.

The only thing I feel for Geno is that he's the original never ever and it'd be cool to see the payoff having watched people asking for him since I was like 9 years old. I've never played SMRPG and I don't really want to.

Whenever I see posts like this I remember the video of a discord of shitposting steveposters watching the banjo trailer

and most of them were like "haha the jig's up it's over" but one of them was just screeching "NOOOOO NOOO STEVEBROS FUUUUUUUUUUUCK FUCK BANJO"

EVEN BETTER
>BUSTAH WAUF
I WILL SCREAM FROM THE CUTENESS

I'm not really familiar with the SNK stuff.
But as Nintendo is going quite a lot for tits and ass recently I hope it will at least be a female character to push some sweet r34

What I love about this is people going all
>HHmmm are these characters big enough? They aren't huge names like Geno or Bandana Waddle Dee
Like people think Banjo is still a big character, he hasn't had a good game in nearly 20 years, at least 10 since nuts n bolts. Like I've seen people who think a DQ rep is less of a big deal than their random snes background character who should get in. There is such a weird perception of what is allowed or not.

Shinkiro will never do SNK promotional art again.

Attached: sadness.jpg (960x1620, 557K)

Geno is arguably more notable for being a long-running requested newcomer than he is for his actual game. I don't think anyone is arguing that he's more significant than these characters but people have been asking for him about as long as they've been asking for sonic.

>A 2nd Ken is dlc 4
>inevitable sheik clone ryu h is dlc 5

Gee thanks soccer guy. 1 of 5 characters is one people actually wanted(Banjo) while the rest are literal who’s. Glad I only paid $11 for this pass

Attached: 983A2359-08ED-4E46-BF15-BB952681C035.jpg (567x329, 17K)

Everyone's been asking for everyone since smash was announced. I'd rather have fucking goku than literal who puppet from that one game that already has pretty much all of the cast represented.

Andy is Greninja
Mai is Sheik
Tizoc is Incineroar
Kyo is Mario
Joe is Little Mac
Iori is Luigi
Ryo is Ryu
Geese is Ganondorf
Yamazaki is Wario

>Falseflaggers...

Nigga, you fucks are getting very obnoxious lately. Falseflag my ass. Respect other's choices and you'll be respected back.

Yeah as much as I love his SNK stuff he's now a Capcom employee.

>Yamazaki is Wario

Attached: 1545396049067.gif (220x223, 59K)

>Terry creates an energy projectile by punching the earth
>Burn Knuckle is literally Lil Mac's side b but better and on fire
>Surrounds his legs in energy and does an axe kick with Crack Shoot

Yeah, sure, he's Ken II.

I would have preferred kyo, but it's all good as kong as he gets an alt with his garou look

Based Metalchads rise up

>kong
shit now I gonna have to ask a drawfag to draw DK with Terry's garou clothes

Really if anything he is more like Cap Falcon with a projectile, even then I think they'll differentiate him a lot. But he is from a fighter so everyone will go hat ken why isn't hat goomba in?

Kyo would be a much better fit for smash gameplay wise. He has very unique normals all going in different angles, his kit is already very aerial friendly AND he has a shit ton of moves to pick from. He's probably one of the characters with the largest moveset in history if you count all of his moves from different games, second only to Dante.

Attached: EC5qSdLUEAEgxXS.jpg (500x714, 65K)

I want an SNK movie universe
>first movie is Fatal Fury
>second is an Orochi clan movie
>an art of fighting movie
>culminating in a King of Fighters movie

Gimme a list of the best neogeo games you fags

Attached: 1542762272052.jpg (890x719, 84K)

Where does Samurai Shodown fit in this?

>Not Robert Landolt from Neo Turf Masters.

Different timeline

Kek

Both have biting moves, drill moves, and are gangsters.

>Smash
>With Max Mode

Tekken wasn't ready for it and I can't even imagine what that'd do to this game.

>thought there wasnt much interesting about terry
>look up combo video of him
>youtube.com/watch?v=j-StEOX6L90
hey this guys pretty cool after all, an axel kick would look sick as fuck to hit someone with

Neo Turf Masters
Waku Waku 7
Last Blade 2
Fatal Fury 2 Special
KoF 97/98
Metal Slugs 1 - 3 (I forget when they stopped being Neo Geo titles)
Samurai Shodown 2

>XIV combos
I sleep
youtube.com/watch?v=EH5S-TtEPrI

Attached: DAwQNeJXkAIn-OW.jpg (860x1200, 213K)

>”We get to chose one character to represent us in an extremely popular crossover fighting game?
>”Choose fucking Terry “Burn Knuckle” Bogard instead of Kyo, Iori, or even fucking Rock, to include your series’s version of Hadouken
Actually annoying. Terry’s already in Fighting EX, and he got shoehorned into SNK Gals. Terry’s cool but I want someone else

Ganondorf with God Rugal being an extremely unbalanced fight in his favor

>thinking mobile shitters would get in
youtube.com/watch?v=ox6iNOFqUwA

Attached: Kyofags.gif (480x360, 1.06M)

>Kyo or Iori
>Not Geese, Antonov, or Leona

I could see it happening, isn't that game switch exclusive? Free promo

KOF '98, 2000, 2002
Samurai Shodown II, V Special
Last Blade 1 and 2
Metal Slug games
Shock Troopers (2nd Squad is great but divisive)
Puzzle Bobble 1 and 2
Pulstar and Blazing Star
Sonic Wings 2 and 3
Neo Turf Masters
Money Puzzle Exchanger
Power Instinct Matrimelee

Attached: chad.png (139x122, 4K)

I mean. Obviously Geese would be great but he’s already in Tekken.
>Antonov
Surely you’re joking
>Leona
Maybe if she gets some moves as a reference to Metal Slug

Antonov is fun, plus it would be interesting to see how they try and censor his cigar like they did with Bayonetta's "Don't mess with a witch"

Heroines? They are on Switch, Steam and PS4

I see a lot of different answers when it comes to what KoF is best, other than 98'+2002.
Is the rest of the series really divisive or something?
Also am I missing out on anything if I skip 3/4 of Samurai Shodown?

Picked up all the Metal Slug games already, they're good shit. Way better than contra.

Shock Troopers and Puzzle Bobble are on my radar too. How is Super Spy and Crossed Swords?

GIBS ME FIO.

>Is the rest of KOF really divisive or something?
Treat 98 and 2002 like the main KOF games because they play the most like regular KOF - the rest are just weird diversions. 94 and 95 play a lot differently to other KOFs but are kusoge. 96 and 97 are basically 98 but worse. 99-2001 have assist characters, but 2000 is the only good one because 99 is unfinished and 2001 is buggy as shit. 2003 is the last KOF on Neo Geo and it basically plays like a super undercooked KOF XI (which is one of the best kof games, but obviously it's not on neo geo).

>Also am I missing out on anything if I skip 3/4 of Samurai Shodown?
All the Neo Geo SamSho games are solid, but II and VSp are comparatively a lot better. SamSho IV is worth a look too but it's frowned upon because it doesn't play like Samurai Shodown and is just really weird (For the record, SS3 is an undercooked SS4).

Attached: sogetsu-ss4slash.png (276x184, 8K)

An SNK rep has been a pipe dream of mine since Ryu was added to Smash 4. Terry is legit one of my favorite fighting game characters ever, so I couldn't be more excited about this.
My only hope is that the SNK representation isn't just limited to Fatal Fury. Some spirits and music from KOF, Psycho Soldier, Art of Fighting, SamSho, etc. would be fitting and appreciated.

Leave it to smashfags to continue using a shitty twitter meme they already beat into a fine paste that nobody but themselves find funny. At least steveposting was limited to Yea Forums.

>limited to Yea Forums

>Hoes mad bad meme
>but Wojak and Pepe good meme!

Attached: 1564805586883.png (549x489, 361K)

If allowed I'm pretty sure SNK would go all out on what they could add. They never seem to back down on a crossover like SE.

All KOF games from 95-2000 are good or at least decent. 2001 Is maybe the worst, 2002 UM Is great, Xl Is ok, XII Is kinda bad, XIII Is good again.
The best Sam Sho games (excluding the new one) are probably 2, 5 sp and 4. The others are average.
Sengoku 2 and 3 are fun. Also Last blade and Garou. Neo turf masters and super Dodge ball are favorite of mine too, but maybe i am weird.

twitter.com/PushDustIn/status/1168737924059295744?s=19

Attached: Screenshot_20190903-054501_Twitter.jpg (1080x1463, 396K)

Context?

"Leakers are subhuman and deserve to be hanged and burned alive."- Sakurai.

KoF 98, 2002, and maybe 2000 it is? Good to know, ty user.
I'll look into getting Shodown 2,4, and VSp as well. I'm guessing normal V has less content and should be skipped?

Not huge into sport games, but they do look pretty. The Neo Geo just has really nice looking games. The gorgeous spritework is honestly the main reason I got interested in them.

Garou seems like a must on all the lists I see (that's a Fatal Fury game correct?). Last Blade 1&2 good, or just the first?

I'll be trying these out in emu first and then grabbing them on switch later, I do like the portability factor and the Metal Slug series has been very entertaining so far on there.

>tfw no Alucard breaking out of his trophy with a Soma echo
>tfw no Morrigan qt
>tfw no Arthur
>tfw no Vivi
>tfw no Lyndis thighs
>tfw no toobie
>tfw no Mai
>tfw no Zero
fukc

Attached: 1567504586637.jpg (400x600, 36K)

Well at it's core Max mode was letting you chain EX moves into each other, so you could sorta take that principle and just let special moves cancel into each other during max mode. If none of his specials in smash were kill moves he'd just be a much better version of Bayonetta, but not overpowered.

Also, checked.

You are right. Garou Is from fatal fury, and is probably true that Is the best one, but fatal fury 3 and real bout FF 2 are good too.
Last blade 2 Is probably better, but 1 doesnt suck either.

But it was Nintendo themselves that leaked this, retard.

This time nobody leaked and it was nintendo's own staff's incompetence though

I never said that, I think wojak/pepe is pretty shit, but you keep on using your nigger memes I guess.

>>Hoes mad bad meme
>>but Wojak and Pepe good meme!
Nigger
Who even mentioned those you nigger

>like Terry
>hate the idea of other fighting game characters being in Smash after Ryu/Ken
>a Metal Slug character would be more fitting and fun when Terry would just be a translation from his own games
feels bad. I hope the leakers all got bamboozled
when the trailer for him drops and it's a remake of the '94 opening but with Terry replacing Kyo I'll love it
but I'll be a little sad

When we have R U OKAY and Whining Fools Begone, using hoes mad just seems a bit lame. Haven't even seen anyone use Iori laughing.

Oh boy. I can’t wait to hear smashfags scream “ARE YOU OKAY” or “BUSTAH WOULFU” nonstop for the next 5 years like when Shulk got into the game. I’m sure it’ll be just as, if not even more unfunny than last time.

FF has multiple "lanes" right? How does that work for a fighting game? Could Terry have that as part of a smash moveset?

Last Blade looks similar in theme to Samurai Shodown, which do you consider the better series?
Also I apologize for all these questions, but I really do appreciate the help. I'm usually pretty indecisive when it comes to hopping into new titles so every opinion helps me in what to grab.

Yea
Im thinking he's in

Attached: rugal-bernstein-by-yoshihara-motoki.jpg (3796x2661, 2.17M)

Only way I could see it working is as some kind of extended dodge.

But that's an interview from July, illiterate retard.

I don't really have interest in Smash but i'd buy it if it had Ash, i'm mostly just waiting for XV over here though.

Attached: d8c7iox-a26b20c5-2fe9-4a96-9f42-72e850d98d3b.jpg (566x928, 97K)

HEY CMON CMON

What SamSho V has over V Special is a proper story mode (only available if you play the Japanese version or the XBOX game), recycled backgrounds from older games and being able to play as Galford's dog. Otherwise it has no gore (or fatalities, for that matter), Time Slow is busted and there's less characters overall. That, and the balance is fucked.

SNKfags have been spamming his lines since the 90's. But suddenly when Smashers do it, there's a problem?

You posted it in a thread discussing the SNK leak which was done by Nintendo themselves.

>If allowed I'm pretty sure SNK would go all out on what they could add. They never seem to back down on a crossover like SE.
>implying Square Enix would let any other third party make them look bad by putting in way more content than them
They'll probably get the most remixes because the composers pick what they want to work on and they jerked Castlevania/Megaman's cocks right off that way, but the total songs/spirits won't be much more than Joker's pack.

>Terry update
>as a Neo Geo reference they add this to Persona's music list
youtube.com/watch?v=nn7eIfhqf3g

Attached: onmyoji.jpg (260x194, 8K)

This whole thing just makes the is smash a fighting game argument funnier. From not knowing companies and games, to arguing that Sakurai shouldn't add a fighting game character to what is apparently a fighting game.

Attached: 1545316159685.jpg (774x500, 315K)

Did Terry never have a KOF invite card intro? i played the games after 2003

>matrimelee
Holy based

You specifically replied to a post commenting on a tweet about the interview.

Cope, ESL retard,

Yes because there’s a much higher consistency of it instead of it being a niche reference. The same way “Now it’s reyn time.” was a relatively lesser known reference while “SHULK TIME” is sill being used to this day, and is still painfully unfunny to this day.

Windjammers

Cringe :^)

>cope
Ah. There it is. I’m sorry, I didn’t know you were actually retarded.

ARE YOU OKAY?

Not an argument.

Cope, and also dilate.

I want the Titan Dweevil to be a playable character in Smash Ultimate

Attached: 200.png (750x650, 163K)

Trinity Geyser would likely be his final smash.

>Those comments
It only hurt a lot.

Cope.

I feel the one of the only worldwide holy shit pipe dream characters would be Goku because he's not even a game character

>FF has multiple "lanes" right?
Only the classic FF. Its actually fun and can help to make badass combos once you get used to it. Garou has not that option but it doesnt need it desu .

I am more of a Sam Sho guy. 2 Is probably my favorite but Is a bit slower than 5 sp. Last blade feels different to Samurái Shodown, so its hard to compare them beyond the surface. Last Blade Is more about the combos. You should try both games to see what you like more.

Everything gets remixed at some point.

But literally every other third party with a fighter does have more content than them (or at least more series represented in some capacity in the case of Bamco).

GET SERIOUS

>dilate
Never mind, comparing them to you was an insult to the intelligence of retards.

Are you OK, tranny?

Dilate
Cope.

I don’t believe it doctor, it’s a man who communicates only in buzzwords.

DQ only has 8 songs to Persona's 13~ but they actually has the same amount of Spirits at 13.
>you evolve the Saber Cat and Slime so they're two in one but are still separate spirits
>each Protagonist alt has their own spirit

>It's illegal to insult me
OK tranny.
This is a lot of cope for someone that was made fun of for being unable to read.

Cope tranny dilate cope cope tranny dilate cope tranny tranny

Ah, perhaps there was a miscommunication here. I was referring to each company in Smash having more content and series represented than Square Enix does when including the base game. You seem to be referring to SE not wanting anyone to outshine them in terms of Challenger Pack content. Fair enough, I also don't think any one Challenger Pack will have overwhelmingly more/less spirits/music than another, especially since they're all being sold for the same price as each other. I just think there's room for an SNK pack to include other series in its representation, especially if Terry is presented as more of a KOF rep than a Fatal Fury rep since pretty much the whole point of KOF is bringing together a ton of SNK series.

retard retarded retard retarded retard

SNEED.

Autism. Glad to see we need to have at least 4 smash threads up at a time so we can have quality discussion like this.

Mmm, yeah, I assume the Fighter Pass legal stuff has a set format (ie you lend us this many images, at least this many songs, rights to this character as a fighter) so they'll all be relatively similar in content size.

I think Joker sets a good precedent where musicwise they pull from 3 and 4 instead of just 5, and costume wise they also pull from 3/4. Hopefully BK gets some content from other 64-era Rare games and SNK can include more franchises.

Who else?

Attached: D06E25EE-741F-46F6-89FD-E08EE13E6230.jpg (460x215, 80K)

Attached: 1437505413660.jpg (700x904, 120K)

Attached: umdxnwnkn9h2tjywjtjg.gif (636x473, 1.07M)

So are you prepared for the mexican domination of the Smash competitive scene for the rest of the game's lifespan?

Attached: FB_IMG_1567505152310.jpg (1080x865, 66K)

So is Terry the "Marth" of the King of Fighter series?

Well, he finds Ryu and Ken very weird to fight against.