Holy SHIT

This game looks fucking awful. The ambience, the facial and contextual animations, the fucking combat, it all looks horrid.
youtu.be/0ssLizHtFK4

I get it's still not done yet, but they got like what, six months left? it's gonna be a disaster
Not even the writing is gonna save this one, the devs seems to have overdosed on onions this time around.

How much longer will we have to wait for another half decent game about vampires? The foundation is right there in the first one.

Attached: vtb.jpg (1280x720, 197K)

Still more of an RPG than Far Cry: Cyberpunk will be.

Attached: 911.png (442x341, 153K)

>make a shitty game that gets turned into a cult classic because of hipsters
>make a sequel
>it's the same thing

>How much longer will we have to wait for another half decent game about vampires? The foundation is right there in the first one.
Have you played the Clan Quest Mod? Felt pretty good and the new characters/voicelines were mostly high quality. You could check out Bloodlust Shadowhunter too. Then wait for the original to be ported to VR. 2 is probably just going to be mediocre at best.

Has there ever been another instance where the game showcased was so fucking bad even the tranny fanbase got tired of trying to shill it?

Attached: 1559912726123.png (650x650, 10K)

76 was thoroughly hated by literally everyone until the battle royale update roped in a new batch of apologists

system shock 3's teaser trailer looked awful, don't see anyone talking about it anymore

Blacklight Retribution died for this

Attached: High Threat.webm (1024x576, 2.71M)

they'll both suck desu

I love the original but I have to agree, nothing about this game looks good so far.

Hoping it isn't the case but man does this look rough right now.

I started playing 76 like a month ago. Honestly, it's pretty fun.

One will suck as an RPG, the other will suck as an FPS.

'll take the RPG.

It does, I'm willing to wait another year for them to polish it.This looks very half assed.

>Yea Forums says popular game is shit and will flop before it's released
>game is absolutely amazing
>Yea Forums seethes and makes thread about it for YEARS trying to taint it
natural cycle of autists, quite amusing to watch

Thinking of doing another Bloodlines playthrough for October. Is a Nos run even fun, or is it more of a novelty?

Cope more, soiboi

Yea Forums gets hyped up too easily over the first CGI trailer that doesn't show actual gameplay or game quality only to have the game be shit too

>the same exact clip from E3

what a retard why are you waisting our time? I was and still am totally fine with how it looked then since that was like half a year ago and the still have half a year left to finish it. the combat looks shitty but everything else looks great. if the combat is bad then who cares because it was shit in the first game too.

It's fun if you max out Obfuscate ASAP. You don't really have to completely stay in the sewers all the time though, if you just stay a few feet away from people on the hubs you're fine. It doesn't change a whole lot and you can still talk to most of the people in the game without a problem.

Don't be like that, game obviously needs a lot more work.

Can someone tell me what's wrong?

the only reason they are shitting on this so much was because of a "pronoun" selector or something like that. totally retarded and some of the devs are complete soibois but other than that they have no real reason to shit on the game. its just Yea Forums being an extension of /pol/ like it is.

>What was Mass Effect Andromeda and Fallout 76

Yeah, from the trailer it looks like the game is a lot more generic than the previous Bloodlines game in terms of facial animations, voice acting, and overall interactivity.

>everything else looks great.
Face animations look stiff. The club looked boring.

>if the combat is bad then who cares because it was shit in the first game too.
This is such a shitty argument. They said they're going to focus more on melee combat for 2 but it looks worse than it was in the original. Original had decent combat for the most part anyway if you weren't just a button mashing retard.

OP is just shitposting but the only real issue is that the combat is kind of shitty. But this video is from months ago and they still have half a year of development left so there is no point in talking about any of this anyways.

>talk about face animations, music, atmosphere, combat
>"/pol/ pronouns blah blah blah"
get staked

>This game looks fucking awful. The ambience, the facial and contextual animations, the fucking combat, it all looks horrid.
Just like the original game.

Or , you know, you can just look at the gameplay trailer and what the dev team have admitted are features in the game and draw your own conclusions.

Sjw shit is just a red flag, doesn't mean the game has to be bad it's just usually a sign of poor quality.

You mean Borderpunks

Only complaint about the original game was the piss por combat system but beyond that the rpg elements, the voice acting, facial animations, and overall writing were superb.

>This is such a shitty argument. They said they're going to focus more on melee combat for 2 but it looks worse than it was in the original. Original had decent combat for the most part anyway if you weren't just a button mashing retard.

I dont even hate the combat from the first game but it isnt anything special. enemies exist solely for you to use your powers on and drain/fill you vitae. they pose no real challenge.

the enemy AI and combat in this look and act EXACTLY THE SAME as the first.

>This game looks fucking awful. The ambience
>Just like the original game
You absolute fucking nigger. Bloodlines has some of the best atmosphere of any video game I've ever played.

>popular game
This is a sequel (made mostly by different people) to a niche game that failed so hard it drove the company that made it out of business.

What game?

>what is witcher 3, what is MHW, what is super smash, what is DMC5, what is MGSV, wow classic, what is bla bla

and those are only the recent ones. Either way i don't care or know anything about this game, i just come here for entertainment keep providing

>talk about face animations, music, atmosphere
all subjective. the one thing people have been praising the game for is the atmosphere which looks gorgeous. the combat is just as shitty as the first but who cares that isnt the appeal of the game anyways.

other than that my only real concern is that they wont have the same kind of music as the first game because it isnt 2004 and people listen to different music now.

>I dont even hate the combat from the first game but it isnt anything special.
I'm not saying it was anything revolutionary but it was fun.

>the enemy AI and combat in this look and act EXACTLY THE SAME as the first.
It really doesn't. Animations somehow look worse and enemies seem to stand around a lot more, just waiting for you to hit them.

>what is bla bla
Yeah because you're just cherrypicking random faggots you talked to vs the actual consensus of the board , clearly. Yeah, sometimes people on Yea Forums can smell a shitty game from a mile away.

Nothing anyone is saying means it's going to be a terrible game, it's just lacking somewhat

>all subjective
We're talking about video games, so most of it's going to be subjective. This isn't a good argument.

Face animations definitely look stiffer and not as good as the original game though, I don't see how you could think otherwise.

>Face animations definitely look stiffer and not as good as the original game though

I am pretty sure the reason for this is because this wasnt made in steam's source or whatever the first one was made in so I dont think we will ever get that level of detail again. keep in mind the first game is horribly rushed and unfinished because they spent too much time on details like that instead of focusing on completing the game so I doubt they would make the same mistake twice.

Not at all.

Combat in the original game has the problem of not being skill based and relying entirely on your build, which might be tolerable in a turn-based game, but turns an action game into just pure button mashing.

Combat in 2 just flat out does not work. Have you seen the clip where a dude empties a pistol's magazine into someone's face at point blank and none of the hits register?

Have you seen the clip where a dude empties a pistol's magazine into someone's face at point blank and none of the hits register?

nice try. the person playtesting in that clip purposely shot just to the side of the head to make it look like a bug. you can see them move the reticule just off when ever they fire.

Only way it's annoying is if you try to play it non-stealthy. You will learn quick that this is a bad idea. Recommend that you max out Obfuscate ASAP. And don't bump into pedestrians on the hubs. And stay out of the line of sight of cops when possible.

Otherwise it's actually fucking great.

>I am pretty sure the reason for this is because this wasnt made in steam's source or whatever the first one was made in so I dont think we will ever get that level of detail again.
It was a pretty big part of what made people like the characters in the original. They should've stuck with that engine if it wasn't going to work as well in UE.

>keep in mind the first game is horribly rushed and unfinished because they spent too much time on details like that
That's not really what caused it. They were using an early, unfinished version of Source and had to do a lot of work on it themselves. If they had a finished version of Source from the beginning it would've saved them a lot of time. They also wanted to continue working on it, but were over budget and Activision forced it out at a time that guaranteed poor sales and the death of Troika. Blaming the time it took to do the face animations is laughable and saying it's a mistake to focus on that is just giving them a pass for fucking up this time.

>M4 aims far to the left of the crosshair
what fucking year is this

nigga, if you seriously think an IGN journalist would be THAT skilled you're delusional.

>nigga, if you seriously think an IGN journalist would be THAT skilled you're delusional.

i dont they are just that bad

Let's be honest user, they murdered that game a long time ago. God damn it used to be so good too.

Anyone that emotes after kills is a fag, no exceptions.

I'll come to my own conclusions once i play the actual game, untill then it's just assumptions based on unfinished material .

its another shitty nostalgic cashgrab

you know it's going to be shit because they've used this same exact demo for every fucking presentation.

not even though

let's settle some of the concerns posed in this thread shall we, wh*toids?

Attached: rudi.png (1329x758, 261K)

Attached: 1554565190797.png (1347x822, 260K)

>Still dance like a retard
>None of the NPCs form a circle around you to also dance like a retard
What's the point?

Attached: who. is. that. girl.jpg (150x200, 24K)

Attached: 1561066553840.png (1111x856, 268K)

Attached: 1555311649447.jpg (2170x3002, 889K)

>I wish I'd been Embraced after my gender confirmation surgery and not before, but being able to stomp Nazis makes up for it.
WHAT THE FUCK?

you know ALL of this is absolutely terrible - but holy fucking shit, they actually went and included a "NO NAZIS OR ALT RIGHTERS CAN PLAY" rule for a fucking D&D game. Holy shit I had this wishlisted out of curiosity but these devs really are SJWs at their fucking worst. What a damn shame

lel

Attached: 1533283676834(1).png (1893x1024, 525K)

>rudi poster

a little late arent we? the thread already died

Attached: corevalues.png (867x1168, 146K)

The people writing the books aren't the game devs. There was a lesbian Muslim vampire while the original was being made but she wasn't put into the game. It's possible that they'll ignore all the retarded shit from the books and just use it as a base. There's enough to criticize about the game without talking about the books and SJWs, and the arguments about them don't really hold up anyway.

thread isnt dead

but its a rudi thread now

Attached: rudi_truth.png (1334x822, 198K)

why do you repeat this lie in my presence when you know i will just btfo you? v5 and bloodlines 2 were developed in parallel silly marketing biscuit

Attached: bl2.webm (1280x720, 2.96M)

and these caps are all from the v5 corebook you can look it up yourself

Attached: brujah.png (920x1140, 876K)

I don't really care if it's garbage. I just want to play it.

Attached: gangrel.png (1041x1249, 1.19M)

honestly looks like first person GTA/saintsrow

can't place my finger on it.
ironically I want to explore all the shit thats not lit up. the rest of the city looks cool, but the obvious play area looks really bad.

Attached: malk.png (900x1117, 752K)

>paradox interactive
>shit
woooooooooooow

>v5 and bloodlines 2 were developed in parallel
That still doesn't mean everything from the books is going to be in the game. Just like with the original, not everything from the books was used. I know arguing with you is pointless though, not because you're right, but because you're a fanatic autist.

>video where the reticule doesnt touch the head of the npc even once

nice try rudifag

you realize CARA ELLISON worked on those books right? and that she is the writing lead?
river in egypt user

Attached: nos.png (972x1225, 1.19M)

>You literally play as one of the oldest allegories for rape.
>"Cannot use and abuse humans".

Attached: 1252561514567.jpg (120x126, 4K)

Attached: ventrue.png (872x1083, 590K)

>Yea Forums says popular game is shit and will flop before it's released
>>game is absolutely amazing
name one game

Attached: toreador.png (886x1110, 731K)

Attached: tremere.png (903x1091, 827K)

are you absolutely blind?

Attached: headshotnot.png (1255x648, 890K)

That's supposed to be Nosferatu? Only one of those is obviously ugly, with two being implied ugly due to the masks. The rest just look unwashed.

Attached: Corwut.jpg (334x432, 93K)

YOU CAN RUDI ANYTIME
HE'S IN
HE'S IN
HE'S IN

Attached: lol.webm (1240x698, 2.87M)

>Yeah, sometimes people on Yea Forums can smell a shitty game from a mile away.
You need to stop having so much faith in this shitty board. Your blatant support of Yea Forums smells like newfag.

this is the faggotry I need.
knowing these devs there are only going to be humanoid enemies, so tremere should be OP as fuck.

Attached: my main for smash.jpg (214x495, 24K)

This

Pretty sure nosferatu are known to be on the outside what other vamps are in the inside. Those folks just look like hobos and all easily pass for human.

no one has been wrong and most good games are only talked about here.
You're just a negative nancy using unironic identity politics to argue online. fag

I'm still disappointed with that song. I know that industrial/goth kind of music like from the first game isn't as popular now but that doesn't mean it had to be abandoned.

>vs the actual consensus of the board
Do you think that Yea Forums has like a high council that discusses shit or something? It's impossible for an anonymous board to come to an actual consensus you retard

as you can see 2 of them are black, which is basicaly the worst disfigurement imaginable.

>will be
>Far Cry Cyberpunk
Don't you mean Blood Dragon?

i, rudi, was sent by the high council of Yea Forums to SHITPOST this game

Attached: 1541453058890.png (1118x790, 190K)

>Do you think that Yea Forums has like a high council that discusses shit or something?
you wouldn't know newfag

Willing to bet none of the girls will look like this ingame.

>my jank goth sim is better than your jank punk sim conformist
yikes, have sex

If you get bit by a black vampire, do you also turn black?

This IP is the weirdest fuck thing to me. I spent a lot of time with it growing up, but I don't remember ever dealing with things like sexual identity or politics. I just remember playing as a monster trying not to be a monster, or being one and trying to hide it while following orders from the prince or whoever was higher up on the totem pole. Seeing all these people talk about all this SJW and political shit makes me feel I got transplanted from a different timeline. Maybe there was some truth to that berenstein bears theory.

Blacula

I remember some minor characters that talked about SJW shit in the first game. But they were played as crazies.

Even the people that clearly were supposed to align with the creators at the time were batshit nutts.

there was sex stuff but it was mostly in the vein of rocky horror. bdsm and transvetites for lurid shock value, tame by today's standards

Attached: 1399227935509.jpg (800x1100, 293K)

I meant the RPG, Vampire the masquarade.

Why do they all look the same? It seems like they just done shopping at Hot topic and they are about to enjoy some frappucino at Strarbucks. WTF is this? I could accept that with Toreador I guess but what about the others?
Also how am I supposed to distinguish between the clans? If I ranodmly swapped some brujah with tremere on those pictures nobody could tell...

>tame by today's standards

The irony is that these people are the new christain fundamentalists.

The original VtM was "a storytelling game of personal horror." Don't know what happened in the 3rd, 4th, whatever editions. Probably the SJW art hoes and blue-haired hambeasts took it in a different direction.

>Thread gets Embraced by Rudi
What are the clan's stats tho?

Jesus christ, what is their budget for this shit?

Attached: 21316612.jpg (512x512, 20K)

I'm gonna go on a limb and guess that 3rd and 4th were Vampire The Requiem and VtR 2e. Vampire The Requiem was panned by Masquerade elitists for trying something different and VtR 2e was just plain Bad.

Combat looks like a shitshow but the atmosphere and voice acting seems on point. So, nothing really changed. It also gives me a Thief vibe with the constant background noise and that's a good thing.

ten pussy hats
a box of trader joe's shiraz
and an unquantifiable amount of cat dander

requiem was phenomenally bad

Attached: 1561238917386.jpg (1334x750, 123K)

>This game looks fucking awful.
No wonder, it's SJW shit.

Good, I hope this means all the shitposting will die down and the only people left actually care about the game being good or not will be left.

>the atmosphere and voice acting seems on point
nigger stop

>It also gives me a Thief vibe
nigger i will bite your eyeballs out nigger

Attached: 1565800515009.gif (262x300, 2.89M)

>Still more of an RPG than Far Cry: Cyberpunk will be.
Completely false. You can't even carry guns in Bloodlines 2, your character just throws them away once they're out of bullets.

Attached: 1550301794741.gif (607x609, 514K)

I don't really care about the models being used more than once, but they seem so bland

this
except Cyberpunk will have more fanboys defending this their WOKE garbage

>You can't even carry guns in Bloodlines 2, your character just throws them away once they're out of bullets.
I think this is just being given as an option if you want to play that way. The ammo counter seems to show that you'll be able to carry around extra ammo. Wouldn't make sense to put a gun as a preorder item and then not let you carry it around either.

Old guy here.

Can confirm that there were NO identity politics in the original game.

>I think this is just being given as an option if you want to play that way.
what a kino marketer post

Attached: 1567403963307.png (865x610, 428K)

Oh no, I can't break the game anymore with Celerity bullshit!

Not really. I think the game looks like shit and I'm not even entirely interested in pirating it. I'd just rather you use proper arguments about why the game is shit.

prize for the most retarded defense of requiem i have ever seen and i used to browse the old WW forums. lmao user

so what would the utility of "throw away the gun mode" be you stupid shitbird?

Did you ever play Mirror's Edge? The game had a bigger focus on the melee combat but still let you pick up a gun and drop it when it was empty. It lets you take out a few enemies but at the cost of slowing you down while you carry it or restricting movement in some way. Faggot.

You can only carry two weapons, so being able to throw an empty gun and pick up something else is needed.

It was probably "journalist mode" so they don't get overwhelmed managing different guns/ammo types in their inventory lol.

>nigger i will bite your eyeballs out nigger

Attached: hm.png (142x271, 59K)

when you were children did you imagine yourself regurgitating marketing material to strangers who despise you for a paltry salary?

this i would unironically believe

Attached: ISOLATED.webm (264x360, 1.03M)

I think it looks great. I just hope there's enough content and side routes to go around with

shut the fuck up nigger

>also releases on consoles
You just know it's gonna suck.

>You can only carry two weapons
Why

Attached: 1543419036599.png (463x425, 101K)

>when you were children did you imagine yourself regurgitating marketing material to strangers who despise you for a paltry salary?
Retard. I don't even like this change from the original.

I already hate all the radial menus. Seems like you have to hold a button to pick stuff up too, which seems tedious. Might seem like nitpicking but shit like this makes a game feel a lot more unpleasant to play if it's going to be a bother every time.

willing to bet, too many buttons for console.

Maybe because controllers are more limited and the game is also being made for consoles. Can't really think of many PC games that do that but a lot of console games seem to.

Attached: ISOLATED.webm (480x270, 140K)

Face animations aside, it looks pretty good. They've nailed the aesthetic of the former title.

God I miss that game.

>Face animations aside, it looks pretty good

it does?

>Face animations aside
hmmm

Attached: 1561233291117.png (1024x2792, 550K)

I actually remember liking VTMB combat.

Was it that bad?

>Was it that bad?
No, I like it too. I never had an issue with stats affecting gun damage/accuracy. Melee is fun too, each direction you hold before starting an attack giving you a different combo with different uses, mixing up your combos letting you do more damage and making it harder for enemies to block, combined with blocking/feeding/Disciplines, it's pretty fun to me. Only really have an issue later in the game when melee isn't as useful sometimes, but that's more about enemy balance than the combat system.

A lot of people for some reason just couldn't grasp the tutorial's instructions. They'd completely neglect combat stats which made them weak and useless, and they'd button mash rather than using different combo directions like they were told. I'm not saying the combat is perfect but I'm pretty sure most of the criticism is due to the fault of the player not paying attention to what they were told to do. Maybe if the tutorial forced you to use each different combo it would've lessened the problem though.

I don't think I touched the combat, I just shot shit with the SMG on full giggle, and sprayed my blood on people.

it's hilarious how all the VTMB 2 shill threads on Yea Forums died immediately after the gameplay trailer released as if the libtard SJW devs and the preorder shit weren't enough big red flags already

Holy shit this looks bad. Literally indie-tier.

I'll still play it but by God I expected better from a (supposedly) AAA studio.

Attached: images.jpg (218x231, 4K)

remember how perfectly choreographed the threads on reveal night were?

Attached: hmmmmm.png (910x437, 215K)

Cant wait for the butthurt once the mods to remove the SJW faggotry start to drop

Blood Dragon was great and you're a retard who can't make a joke

>requiem was phenomenally bad
There's literally nothing wrong with Requiem (that isn't also wrong with Masquerade) that doesn't boil down to "but I need muh enormous backlog of lore to draw from in order for my chronicles to be interesting."

probably going to have some tard thinking he's sticking it to the libs by using those mods after he purchases the game lol

second place

not an argument

Name one RPG with good combat.

your argument "lol you should be grateful they removed everything cool from the lore or else you're a boring dm xd" did not warrant a rebuttal on account of being intensely retarded my dude

The Witcher
anything that is not action-based

Mount & Blade, fuck you

what made the original good was Troika.
We knew from the beginning this was going to be shit.

the tales series
all roguelikes

Its like everybody working on the game did their job but the gameplay people

>AAA studio
???
Are you also one of the people who spam this AAA bs in Oiter Worlds thread?
It's am AA title.

its fuill price

Dark Messiah

no retard

I just want to play it again

that was just God-tier combat

Attached: barrel messiah of might and magic.webm (960x540, 2.89M)

why can't game devs outsource shit like this into their games?
Why didn't skyrim play like this?

>skyrim with dark messiah combat
it would consume my life

Attached: dark messiah of might and magic combat.webm (640x360, 2.98M)

waste of time and money if casuals aren't going to care about it anyway

>boohoohoo the animations look like shit, the foundation is there in the first one which also had shit animations but I'm completely ignoring how I enjoyed that game in spite of that fact

Because Dark Messiah was built around set pieces and linear paths. A good way to think about it is: expansive world -> restricted gameplay, restricted world -> expansive gameplay. Obviously, this is not a hard and fast rule, but it's generally how game design is going to work. You might be thinking, "but [open world game] gives me freedoms!", and you'd be right, but the point is that in a more limited game world, they can go all out within that game world and generally not worry about fucking shit up or going too far, while in an open world, they have to worry constantly about it. Bethesda games are already infested with bugs, imagine if they tried to implement snappy, physics and/or position-based combat on top of it.

I think part of the reason it looks so bad is because of the utter mong playing it.
The combat in the original wasn't that great in my experience, just good left-click spamming fun.

JUST LIKE THE ORIGINAL, good thing too, I was worried they'd move too far away from it's identity, a janky mess that needs a boat load of mods to make playable, a diamond in the rough.

Attached: 2.jpg (480x483, 21K)

Cope.

Shut up!

I look forward to you ignoring this post lmao

Attached: 1553457577163.jpg (1838x5418, 2.65M)

>keep shooting next to someones head and not at it
>WTF WHY AM I MISSING
The cursor is clearly a bit to the left of the enemies head whenever it is fired, plus the enemy is strafing right. It isn't rock science why they missed. Loud bangs don't cause damage if they miss.

Did someone let a woman on the writing team?

WoD was always super liberal and that stuff is from when the game started. It was always for evil antifa people. Just as trannies are invading when they play video games, you are invading their territory when playing WoD

Looks like a stuttery mess.

It wasn't. It was all very murky who the "bad guy" is and everybody sucked equally - be it Camarilla, Sabbat or anarchs. In previous editions Rudi would've been a morally grey Robbespierre-style extremist thinking he's MLK instead of this over-the-top Messiah figure he is presented as in V5. And at least previous editions allowed you to make your own decisions instead of shoving the "anarchs good, Camarilla bad" narrative down your throat.

No. Everyone was evil, but everyone was also potentially right and deluded at the same time. This portrays some people as objectively right because of feelings which just completely wrong to do in this setting.

>the poster boy for the game looks like a drooling retard
It was confirmed shit day 1.

So much of the failed MMO was repurposed into this game?

*how much

zero, mmo was done by the eve online devs

>anyone who I disagree with is a shill

Low iq.

Why does that matter? Paradox purchased everything associated with White Wolf, including the rights to the unfinished MMO assets.

>Muslim lesbian
There was also a Tzimisce tranny with "it" pronouns and nobody gave a fuck. Because nobody was making a big statement about it. Unlike with Rudi or Carna and her imaginary "partiarchy".

The whole Witcher franchise is horrible and you should drink bleach if you disagree.

The original wasn't really that great either. It started as a 7/10 and worked its way down as the game went on, the only motivation was the interesting story. Then it took a hard dive halfway through Hollywood. The combat wasn't really that great to begin with, it can only go up from here. The quest markers and compass piss me off though.

Attached: sad.jpg (500x377, 31K)