Be honest: What is the most overrated gaming series?

Be honest: What is the most overrated gaming series?

Attached: 81FCAA75-1202-4864-8868-5E00C2576972.png (500x566, 38K)

Smash, fucking cringe.

My favorite

DmC

2K. The nostalgia for NFL 2K5 is insane and it's not even a great game.

Persona 5

metal gear, easily

Fire Emblem is a legitimately bad franchise and anyone who thinks its good has either never played an SRPG in their life or is the same kind of retard who thinks SAO has good writing.

Attached: dab2.webm (640x474, 374K)

how do I DM?

Souls games.
The games aren't hard. They have punishing death mechanics, sure, but they aren't hard. For some reason a lot of people seem to hail them as the second coming of Jesus.

I don't have the authority to call any game overrated.
As everyone has an opinion, and if that opinion held by the vast majority, then it's more true then the opinions of a few contrarians.
But I can't into Final Fantasy.

honestly probably any of the rockstar games. they've always have been well-made, but they've had unengaging gameplay that lacked depth or even required some skill. I get that they're very well put together and the older games have some soul with their visuals, music, and characters. But at that point, it could honestly be in any other medium and still be fine. I want something I can interact with that's engaging and doesn't literally make me turn my brain on cruise mode as I just spam LT to autoaim.

Zelda is the most sterile, vanilla, smooth-edged, infantile, extended tutorial of an adventure game series I have ever played. You'd have to have literally never touched another videogame in your life to sincerely enjoy them.

Attached: 1562969262664.jpg (125x122, 3K)

not unpopular but elder scrolls series has devolved over time and wasn't that great to begin with. completely overrated and praised to no end

Smash, Resident Evil

Attached: 1459794757661.jpg (415x392, 51K)

Sorry, wrong image.

Attached: 1540908489548.jpg (583x477, 33K)

Objectively these
> 1. Grand Theft Auto
> 2. Call of Duty
> 3. Dark Souls
> 4. Halo
> 5. The Elder Scrolls
> 6. The Witcher
> 7. Uncharted
> 8. God of War
> 9. Fallout
> 10. Assassin’s Creed
> 11. Half-Life
> 12. Mass Effect
> 13. Final Fantasy
> 14. Smash Bros
> 15. Street Fighter

Nah, they're pretty hard.

Clearly, objectively Pokemon. Give me a break, user.

based

>Half-Life
85 IQ.

Elder scrolls games are fucking trash but I still enjoy skyrim because there isn't really anything like it. It's a buggy mess half the time but has its moments.

FF is living off a reputation it earned 20 years ago, it has 7 great games that all came out in the mid 1990s & early 2000s. But they have made nothing but garbage since the merger. It’s basically the WWE of video games

Super Mario has never been all that great. 3 was okay but every other game has dogshit level design and bizarre difficulty curves all throughout them.
Toad is the best character in the series and deserves a better spinoff than that puzzle-based trash.

Attached: 1563842580429.jpg (750x498, 28K)

Zelda, easily. All of the games are incredibly boring with easy, bland combat and puzzles designed for literal children. That there are adults who enjoy Zelda is horrendous. BotW was so boring I gave it to a friend after three days, then I thought about what made older Zelda titles better and I realized they're fucking boring too. I was just a dumb kid when I played OoT and was thus able to enjoy it.

>roll
>roll
>r1
>repeat until enemy is kill
The games are piss easy if you aren't a tryhard who limits himself on purpose.

>dark souls
>half life
> gta

lol ok, so your a contrarian faggot. got it

Playing a mozart symphony on the piano is easy.

>press key
>press key
>press key
>repeat until song is done

Music is piss easy.

Final Fantasy
Dragon Quest
Pretty much 90% of the entire JRPG genre
Fallout
Possibly Elder Scrolls since it's like 75% the same shit as Fallout but I've personally never played it
CoD
PUBG
Fortnite
Uncharted
God of War

tell me a game that is difficult that cant be broken down like that. you could say the exact same thing for ninja gaiden. you havent played that though because youre 15.

>start on ds2 with the mace
>breeze through the whole fucking game

Seethe more

The Souls series, holy shit.

Honestly, I want to say Rockstar's games are overrated but I've barely played any of them and from what I played of GTA3, it was actually pretty fun, and like you said, very well-made. I want to finally play through SA, 5, and the RDR games eventually but I never seem to be able to make the time or find the motivation because I would love to see if I really liked them as a whole.

Nah, I'm a massive Zelda fan. It's not a perfect series by any means, but it deserves the acclaim it gets for the most part. I do think that certain aspects of it, like boss design in a lot of the games, could be much better, and the whole 'era' where they put story ahead of the gameplay and held the player's hand too much in the GC/Wii era was kinda shitty though.

Eh, Halo is kinda overrated but it's also actually good, so there's that. Smash and SF also deserve the praise they get. Dark Souls from what I've played is actually pretty good too. The rest I mostly agree with but I'd throw Gears of War on there too.

True. When it came out it was fun and enjoyable. Completely new too. Sumo wrestling with nintendo characters? Yes please.

Now it is hailed as the "ultimate" game. I told someone I didn't like it and he lost his shit and went on how I wasn't a real gamer.

Souls offers many many options to outright cheese the majority of the game I mean fuck the go to cheese weapon in DS1 is the zwei which can be acquired like a minute after you leave the asylum.

Smash or Zelda

The people who praise them the hardest, don't do it for the difficulty. If you look past the PREPARE TO DIE marketing, which the devs didn't make, and realize you can summon help for boss fights, you'd realize the point of the games isn't to be hard.

Cope, Smash is shit but Zelda is so incredible that nobody is capable of agreeing on what the 5 best games in the franchise are. Every other franchise has 3 games that are universally acknowledged as the best among the fandom

so you just abandoned your original argument cuz it was dogshit? nice.

saying something is broken is a fine criticism, pyromancy is OP. but to criticize how directions are input into videogames as a medium is absolutely fucking retarded and you need to acknowledge how flawed your argument was.

The Souls series

Every iteration is less fun, difficulty relies on bullshit, camera is still trash, best strat is short/long sword and R1 spamming, pvp is gang bang city which sucks dick (unless your friends and you are doing it huehuehuehuehue), the new ideas thrown at the following games just don't work, insufferable community that spams more forums that actually play the games etc etc etc

Same shit will happen with their next souls game, I hope less people would buy it so the devs would step it up

Yes that was worded poorly but the games are still easy.

Smash, easy. I used to really enjoy the first few games, but I just do not understand the popularity. It's just too simplistic, though I suppose time has proven time and time again that mediocrity sells.

lol. ok fair.

>insufferable community that spams more forums that actually play the games etc etc etc
I mean it isn't an MMO, once you've beaten the game it is just like any other game see talked about here or on other forums, people that played it before but aren't actively playing it right now

If your rpg is a "one and done" game, your rpg is trash

I love fighting games and those community are filled with complaining about characters' strengths and weaknesses, drama between players, drama about devs, drama in tournaments, waifu claiming and still the soul series has the most cancer I've ever seen.

It's just a bunch of twelve yo trying to be edgy about a game where hard equals fun

Do I really need to say it?

Dark Souls has NG+, once you've beaten the game a couple of times, pvp'd for hundreds of hours etc etc, my point still holds. they came out years ago, you can't expect the majority of the community now to still be playing it. Fighting games have competitive scenes, Dark Souls does have PVP guys but not everyone plays the games for the PVP so they don't represent the whole community. Also realize you're blaming the game for the sins of its community as if the game controls or devs planned for the community to turn out the way it did.

My complaining of the community is just one part of why I think the series is overrated. The game's are badly made, the R1 strat is boring and too effective

It doesn't make sense there's so much forum activity of the series and so little in game. It doesn't matter how old it is, if you're talking about the game constantly, you should play it.

The last multiplayer souls games (DS3 and BB) died so quickly. PvP and coop should be well made regardless of how many end up playing. That's not a complaint to players but to the devs. Online sucks and it shouldn't.

I've bought fighting games that are dead online two months after launch, competitiveness doesn't imply an active community at all

as I said The people who praise it don't do it for the difficulty, people like talking about it because they are lorefags, so it doesn't matter which strategy they use to beat the game, because the lore stays the same.

People do still play it, DaS3 is still played plenty on PC, I play it all the time personally and, youtubers (chase and fighter just off the top of my head) still make videos about it almost daily and their comment sections just eat it up. I am not sure what about coop or PVP you don't like specifically so I can't speak to that.

>I've bought fighting games that are dead online two months after launch, competitiveness doesn't imply an active community at all
Let me rephrase, fighting games live longer than Dark Souls because tournaments with prize pools that earn you money, are regularly streamed at events and can earn you sponsorship deals happen with fighting games, The skills you learn from SFIV don't exactly but can help you in SFV. So playing an older game can help you prepare for a new one a lot because sequels in fighting games are usually quite similar to previous ones.

Dark Souls PVP guys don't have tournaments like that, and the weapons, stats, and even moves may change from game to game, so there is little reason to play say Bloodborne in preperation for a new fromsoft game because the next one is unlikely to be similar to this.