Fallout 4

Alright fuckers this game is good may not be the best fallout game but im ngl its pretty damn fun building settlements and shit
Also voice your opinions on the game as well because desu
Its really not that bad

Attached: fallout_4.jpg (854x480, 56K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/23845
nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/24353
nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/2500
nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/40838
nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/17374
nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/18898
nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/32361
nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/19619
nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/39290
nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/40072
youtube.com/watch?v=wXo24imR_54
youtu.be/orN9Ep8z9CY
youtube.com/watch?v=dgmjwVE7zQE
youtube.com/watch?v=wwI69QPMzQ8
youtube.com/watch?v=AJXVJ79zxMQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

After Bethesda made that pile of rotten cunt 76 I've come to appreciate fallout 4 a lot more.

I really enjoyed it on survival mode, got to lvl 114 before i got tired of it.

It's decent for everything except the storyline

This
Its has the exact same quality as fo3s desu

It's not that bad but it isn't worth 60$ or even 30$ due to how broken it is and can potentially get.

It actually doesn't get broken unless you mod it, fallout 76 is the one that is actually expected to be broken. It's just not that good sometimes so that's why it wouldn't be worth the full price.

Great game, could be better
Biggest issues is that the dialog wheel is too limiting for an RPG. Even Biowear games with 6 total choices is limited and have the left choice opening more choices in every dialog.

It gets very broken unless you mod it, user. The Unofficial Patch is pretty much required for your save games to remain stable after 99 saves. Not to mention every other glitch that happens that's standard to Beth games since Oblivion.

I don't use the unofficial patch actually since I don't have all the DLC, and my save is fine at level 50. I call bullshit on that, unless it's something even more down the line. To my comprehension, the unofficial fo4 patch fixes of "- Hundreds of gameplay, quest, NPC, object, item, text and placement bugs fixed." and those don't include savefile corruption or savebloating. Skyrim on the other hand required a bunch of fixes.

>Alright fuckers this game is good may not be the best fallout game but im ngl its pretty damn fun building settlements and shit
Building settlements is fun at first but holy shit does it get boring. It gets more annoying when you build a goddamn maze of turrets and defensive things only to find out that a quest NPC was killed in a bandit raid because Bethsada can't code for shit. The best solution I have to this is giving you ONE settlement and letting you discover other ones and trade with them. So I don't need to defend, maintain, and build 30 settlements I dont' give a shit about.
Power armor is sexy, but they should have waited before giving it to us so early.
>Its really not that bad
This is true. The biggest fucking complaint is the "story" they gave us. The reason for us going out there and fighting, killing, etc. I don't give a shit about my son. I don't give a shit about these factions, and dear god I can't even roleplay properly.

I like it for the same reason I liked Fallout 3. Picking around the ruins of a formerly great city if significantly more enjoyable to me than it has any right to be. Story, factions, writing, etc are shit but what else can you expect from Bethesda?

By the way I'm not say that I don't recommend the unofficial patch as what it fixes is important, but the game is nowhere near as broken as the broken word suggests.

I already played this game twice in 2008 and 2010, so a third time wasn't so appealing

Well, I hope your game remains stable all the way then user. I've played the game enough and experienced save bloat, crashes, AI bugs and many more over the years to a point where I'm tired of dealing with them. Bought the game 3 years ago and I still haven't bothered to finish the main quest or a majority of the side quests due to the game crapping out so much. Sure, you're valid to say that Skyrim broke way more but that doesn't mean playing FO4 is a pleasant experience. More power to you.

>I hate how they made Power armor fueled by fusion cores. But i love how they made it really tanky. Should've just made it expensive to repair desu.

>I hate the dialogue system and voiced MC
>i hate the reload animations
>i hate the design of the Assault rifle.
>I hate how they made the Tommy gun shit
>I hate how they butchered the lore
>I hate the writing
>i hate the existence of T-60 armor (just say they updated the T-45)

I may have missed a lot of things but i like a lot of it as well.

The T-60's chestpiece looks like a fucking grenade basket. Who designed that shit, anyway? I hate it.

Honestly the base building is why fallout 4 is one of my favorite games of all time. I have yet to see another game like it. Most city/base builders are set around resource nodes but with fallout 4 you can go building to building scavanging for resources and rebuild civilization with it. A fantastic mix of basebuilding, scavanging, and gunplay. There will be nothing else like it. A lot of people like to mention kenshi as a contender in this aspect but that is false. Kenshi has zero gunplay and looting ruins is mid game at best, before that you're stuck with resource nodes.

Attached: litter lout.jpg (599x599, 118K)

I'm sorry to hear that. My save file is only at 11mb which is decent, I have finished the main quest in other playthroughs, game has barely ever crashed unless caused by a mod that I then removed after testing. On further looking, the patch does fix a few save bloating causes, which didn't really bloat my save all that much but are still there, and of course a ton of other important stuff. I just found that even when modding it, fallout 4 has worked pretty well for me. Except for long loading screens in some areas.

They did it real fresh and changed it up a lot which is cool. It’s my least favorite in the series but they’re all good. I’m just glad to have the previous 4 games so I don’t mind that it was more of an action game.

>Honestly the base building is why fallout 4 is one of my favorite games of all time.

Attached: 1467156512908.jpg (1920x1200, 673K)

it's a litterbox for sub 80 iq brainlets

I love the gameplay and base building and exploration but I hate the dialog system and quests. 76 was a chance to fix that but instead they turned it into shitty multiplayer. It derserves some of the hate it gets but I think it’s my second favorite fallout game.

>ngl
stopped reading there, fucking zoomer

>76 was a chance to fix that
76 was originally suppose to be 4s multiplayer

I know. Thats what made it such a disappointment. Fallout 4 with a bigger world to explore and a less intrusive story was exactly what I wanted but it wasn’t meant to be.

How come the DC ruins actually feels like a city compared to the virgin boston?

Attached: 5456743567453.jpg (1000x1000, 296K)

wash your hands m8

And then the shitty nav meshes ruin everything, But its nice to look at.

Attached: 1467155611275.jpg (1920x1200, 576K)

based

Kenshi scratched my base building autism well, it's basically how I played Fallout 4 anyways completely ignoring the story and just making my base.

Attached: Deadlands-City-2.png (1920x1080, 642K)

>Here's your capitol, bro
Thanks bethesda

Attached: 547894589748794.jpg (1920x1080, 363K)

Pretty fun sandbox style "RPG". I think the companions were way better than in Fallout 3, so good on Bethesda for that, though the quests were mostly more linear and worse. I spent a good amount of time with it and it was pretty fun.

That said, I didn't even feel like it's in the same series or universe as the true Fallout games, 1, 2, and NV. Bethesda's style of "RPG" is just so bare bones, they've truly developed their own style of game, for better or worse.

>Yea Forums now likes fallout 4

It's fucking garbage, is this whats now considered a good RPG?

>Nonsensical poorly written plot
>Terrible factions
>Lack of interesting side quests
>Wide variety of unkillable characters
>Minimal dialogue choices - Yes, Yes (Sarcastic), No (Yes).
>Looting "dungeons" or exploring typically results in only garbage loot like pipe guns
>Outdated graphics
>Bugs
>Fails to make bigger cities than previous games, which were built on 10 year old hardware
>Poor PC performance, particularly AMD cards.

>though the quests were mostly more linear
That's 4 in a nutshell. The voiced protag ruins everything, Modders can barely salvage it

read the posts above, it's mostly people agreeing the story is shit, but liking the gunplay and base building and the mods make the experience better

Attached: 23845-1526609758-1708006049.jpg (1920x1080, 777K)

It was fun. More of an open world shooter than an rpg though.

Its fine for a TPS but the story and writing are terrible. Power armor is great but it is both too weak both when you and enemies are wearing it and given to you WAYYYYY too early. If Fallout 4 had better writing and more quest options it would have been a much better game.

black person

I enjoyed this game most by completely ignoring the main storyline and just treating the Minutemen as my own band of raiders, establishing control over the wastes, and repeatedly friendzoning Cait every time she tried to hit on me.

Fallout 4 is the best of the Borderlands games, fight me.

I'm going to say it

There are many far superior options in games if you want better gunplay. You don't play a clunky RPG for it's gunplay alone.

The basebuilding was well made, but it didn't connect with other elements of the game that well.

don’t do it user it’s against the rules

but the gunplay is still shit and the base building and mods are mediocre too
why are you posting metro?

>why are you posting metro?
that's FO4

>the gunplay is still shit
gun play is best in the series

Attached: 27739-1516123974-1983562933.jpg (1920x1080, 520K)

Hangman’s alley is the comfiest settlement. I haven’t played this game in 4 years but remember this one place bc of how comfy it is.

Another gripe of mine is, It's too colorful and happy. Both 3 & NV had a distinct washed out aesthetic, 4 is just a mess. I don't know what changed during development.

Attached: lmao.jpg (6176x2040, 3.12M)

desu it's dank as shit and literally the only reason it gets hate is from:

1) people for whom the voiced protagonist/limited dialogue options are a deal breaker because they cut down on your RP options compared to older games, which is a fair enough complaint
2) grognards who hate all games made after 2005

it's actually really good on survival mode, the main quest sucks too but overall it's a top tier sandbox. after you get past the initial butthurt of "it's not what I was expecting" then you can begin to enjoy it for what it is. it would actually almost be the perfect 2010s rpg if they didn't snafu the fucking rpg elements

Far Harbor was the highlight of the experience and the only part with a somewhat interesting story. Nuka World was okay, I thought the gimmicky setting was actually kinda fun honesty.

The base game is pretty much pure shit all the way through, thought I actually really liked Nick Valentine and the reporter lady companions, they were pretty well done.

any mods that polish this turd?

Horizon. It's a gigantic gameplay overhaul mod like Requiem and it makes the game so much more enjoyable. Even brings back skill points.

Shit you guys are making me want to pirate and replay this game

i hate fallout 4. i hate it so much. as a fallout game it's a disgrace and as a video game it's mediocre. the gameplay mechanics are bad, the plot is even worse,the concept of a voiced protagonist is awful (but both actors actually do a really great job in their roles, kudos to them) and the game has a disgusting lack of side quests in favor of inane repeating radiant quests for the factions.

however, the factions are interesting, settlement building is fun as hell, and despite all of its flaws i'm after sinking more hours into it than fallout 2 and NV combined, which are my favorite fallouts and contenders for my favorite games of all time. it's paradoxical.

Attached: FalloutDislike.png (407x211, 188K)

>Also voice your opinions on the game
Pros:
>Gunplay is pretty decent (in a FALLOUT game, mind you)
>Enemies aren't just meatbags with a quazrillion health point, it's mostly a resistance thing and since there's many types of damage now, so you could make a build that deals a majority of one specific damage
>weapon mods are really cool and allow for good customizations
>Settlement building is (or rather was) fresh and allows to make your own place
>Side quests are somewhat good
>Lot of storytelling throught the environment
>Finally some retro-futuristic architecture, even if it's pretty sparse (some skysrapers here and there) which adds to the world
>Character creation, really allows for unique characters
>Doesn't fuck up as much as Skyrim when you mod it
>SPRINT and GRENADE HOTKEY
>Power armor feels like a POWER armor

1/3

Attached: FB3_Psyker.jpg (398x483, 25K)

Cons:
>Story, you know the deal
> Lost a lot of RPG mechanics (skills, dialogue options, perks that require specific skill level or several special) and older fallout mechanics (ammo type, perk dialogue, factions/reputations) and forces you into one backstory (if you play "Nate" you are a veteran, if you play "Nora" you were a lawyer)
>Rather poor weapon roster and poor designs/implementation
Flamer doesn't look military grade anymore and is utter garbage, Laser Gatling is just 4 laser rifle barrels on one big chassis, nobody ever uses the Assault rifle since you have better alternatives, 10mm SMG didn't appear in Fo4 and we had to wait for F76 to see it, lot of FNV iconic weapons missing
>Weapon/armor mods just require investment in Gun Nut/Science/Blacksmith/armorer
They started to get the right idea to reward your playstyle with perk requirements to unlock specific mods with the Handmade Rifle from Nuka World... Too bad Nuka World was the last DLC for Fo4.
>Settlement gets boring after a while, it's always the same things over and over again
>"muh radiant quest make the game have infinite content"
>the game is so streamlined for the sake of "greater appeal" it hurts
>mods are pretty much mandatory if you want to make the game less buggy and feel more like a real Fallout
C'mon Bethesda, you're supposed to make a FINISHED product for your costumers, not make costumers FINISH the game for you.

2/3

>Its really not that bad

^ This was my general impression of Fallout 4.
"It's not that bad." But that's really all there is good to say about it. Did I like it? Yes. Did I have >fun? Yes. Was it a good game? Sure.

But it was one of the worst Fallout Games: terrible story, limited choices, limited to no roleplaying options, poor leveling/skill system, terrible characters, HORRIBLE dialogue, the factions were a fucking joke, no one treats you with any respect, you never garner any reputation, and the setting was just tired and overdone- Bethesda fucking LOVES their ignorant world vision of Fallout. LOVES it.
I think the strongest gameplay feature Fallout 4 had going for it was the gunplay (which I think was stolen from DOOM?) and the settlement system. I really did enjoy making settlements- despite how fucking broken and half-made the settlement system was.

The settlement system really was a gem still covered in just a little too much shit to be everything it could be.

You can easily turn 4 into a horror survival game

Attached: 11017-1518127359-955810323.png (1920x1080, 1.5M)

>not that bad
>game is shit in every aspect: shooting, rpg, minecraft for babies

Attached: Fallout4bad2.png (1601x872, 4M)

This game was supposed to be different. A god damn shame.

Attached: 543789379832489324.jpg (2764x1839, 576K)

>playing on bethesda games on consoles

>the implementation of some power armors is absolute fucking garbage
Looking at you T-60. We had T-51 as the apex of pre-war power armor, hell, there was only two T-51 in Fo3. And to those that want to point out X-01
>X-01 is a fucking mess
Looks like Advanced Power Armor, but it's not the same somehow, and also it's pre-war. Way to make the Enclave look like a bunch of nutjob by removing the fact they created a new pattern of power armor back in Fo2.
No I'm not mad that the Enclave has been made into a stupid evil, good for nothing bunch of wankers with no depth or moral compass , you're mad! Fuck you BOSfags, fuck you Masxon!

No, I'm not mad about how they made the Institute, the last high tech and viable last hope for humankind stupid evil, and with no justifications for being evil than "You can't understand". Well, while we're on the topic.

>All factions that aren't the BOS are fucking garbage one way or another
Minutemen want you to take care of the (litterally) "unwashed masses" that can't do anything by themselves, and you're the General ffs. Why am I the one doing everything? shouldn't have minions to do shit for me?
The Institute, as I pointed out above, is just evil for the sake of it and stupid on top of that for good measure. Only reason to be with them is maybe the teleporter to fast travel in survival mode, I guess. Oh and same problem that with the Prematuremen, you're the Director but you're the one getting orders from everyone. Fucking retarded.
The Railroad... C'mon. Only reason to go with them is for the Ballistic Weave mod and maybe the deliverer.
Nuka Raiders. They're rushed. As with the Unregulated Militia and Institute, you're the overboss, but you work for everyone. Gang perks only reward melee (two clans out of three) and silenced guns/stealth (Bugthesda somehow managed to stuff their favoritism for stealth archers in the game). So if you're playing a heavy weapons, revolver or energy weapon, get fucked, I guess.

3/3

Give me the complete way to change it as such. Want that dead money experience.

Not a actual arguement

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/24353

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/2500

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/40838

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/18898

Attached: DarkMeat.jpg (1920x1080, 482K)

Which was also shit

Aren't you the best fucking nigger around. Thanks bruv!

>ngl
why the fuck is underage phoneposting twitter nigger speak so prevalent on Yea Forums all of the sudden

don't forget weapons mods so you're not using the vanilla trash

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/32361

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/19619

Attached: 19364-1542492723-1154249624.png (1920x1080, 2.22M)

>gun play is best in the series
>best in a series with shitty gunplay
WOW

I cant play it because its actually so boring I fall asleep. Also no good sex mods

Times are changing fren
Sorry

Now I am really excited about my first survival run.

after fallout 4 came out I started to appreciate fallout 3 more

>damn fun building settlements

not really since they exist so Bethesda did not have to bother building more Towns. gather all the mats to build shit is also painful unless you have the console command so you can carry as much nas you want.

its not a bad game but a awful fallout game.

After fallout new vegas came out i started hating other rpgs. Why did they do it? Why did they show us how good writing can be?

it's a lot worse than fallout 3

the writing and world building is absolute trash but its the only fallout game with decent gunplay, and the exploration is okay as well. Honestly I'm just waiting for F4:NV if it ever happens

Attached: 1544047669141.png (554x331, 207K)

I guess so NV can haunt Todd's nightmare for the rest of his life because people would compare every new fallout game with NV.

>tfw Bethesda made Morrowind
when did everything go so wrong?

Attached: Vault22.jpg (1920x1080, 388K)

Don't get my hopes up you asshole. I crave that power armor gameplay. What other games scratch it?

I think that this will be the fan-made remake which will be the biggest hit, honestly the 2 main issues with New Vegas is the engine and the gameplay. I really hope they don't fuck this up

How long till it's done? Feels like it won't be ready in our lifetime.

They've been releasing assets as soon as they're finished with them

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/39290

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/40072

They merged with the Capital Wasteland team

Attached: newvegas.jpg (1191x670, 242K)

It was a pretty okay FarCry

Does that imply a huge speed boost?

NIGHT IN THE WOODS

I guess, but they've been doing weekly updates on facebook, but one of their modders back stabbed them and joined the CC and started pushing FO3 content into 4. And that's the shit that kills these projects.

Who cares about fallout 3 shit. NV is the only 3D masterpiece in the series and everybody should be aware of that.

is it the guy that made the Hellfire power armor?

>its pretty damn fun building settlements and shit

but i dont play fallout games because i want to build settlements. i play them to shoot things, discover new areas and talk to interesting npcs.

fallout 3 is a fun, and NVs writing was average at best, I don't why people pedestalize as being some masterpiece

we don't know but the quality in the free version on Nexus versus the CC is stark

Attached: The Pitt.jpg (1920x1080, 233K)

>this thread reminded me I still got 76 installed
yikes, forgot to delete that 60gb abomination

Genuine improvement over whiterun.

Had it crash on me three times before even loading into the main game.

>radiant quests

My biggest problem with it was being forced to add it to my questlog.

It's actually the multiplayer mod from new Vegas ripped straight into 76 without even crediting the creator

Same, i just wait until wastelander come out and see

I am just replaying NV and it feels writen by competent people. Stuff makes sense and is interconected. The premise also makes sense and it's the best main quest ftom them all. I don't see it farfetched to call it a masterpiece. Fallout3 sadly bored me. I really wanted to love it.

I played 200 hours of it, and had a lot of fun exploring the map. Writing was shit but I still got very engaged in the world.

It’s a solid game. I’ll probably replay it at some point in the future. I also really liked Far Harbor, that expansion had better writing than the main game.

It's shit you fucking no-brain nigger monkey.

Attached: failout4.png (2916x2682, 1.72M)

Attached: on bethesda's fallout.jpg (1609x3554, 2.4M)

This. I hated Fallout 3 when it came out but I almost had the urge to go back and play it when I tried Fallout 4.

>That pic
I'll never forget the hot summer nights spent playing NV, Felt like i was in the mojave with the heat. Kino.

>he likes games when Yea Forums tells him to
sheep

Who hurt you?

Was literally just working on my Vault 88 build. Settlement building was a godtier feature for me. It was something I always wanted in FO3/NV. I hope they do more interesting things with it eventually. Like instead of no named settlers, have the plot be about rival settlement factions fighting over valuable settlers and quests to recruit new allies like they're pod episodes of Beast Wars.

Fallout 4 is objectively a fucking shit game. It's a poorly-written, confused mess of a product which cannot even be saved with mods.

Anyone who enjoys Bethesda games released in the past decade does so solely for the sandbox element, not because of Bethesda's actual skill or talent in writing or design.

Attached: bethesda's fallout 1.png (1038x1325, 207K)

Right, because you've never gone afk or brb'd from a match that ended up being a gg or a gf. Never had a n1 or a wp to send out either.
Get over it. Ngl is just another initalism in a long line of internet shorthand.
I get what you're implying, but you don't need to be le epic boomer gamer to enjoy aspects of Fallout 4. You can think it's trash but think there are some redeeming factors to it. For all his shit story and all the shit story around him, I think the character of Nick Valentine was pretty great, for instance.s,

What's in the We Came Center?

>What's in the We Came Center?
>We Came Center
I saw what you did there.

Attached: tomato paste.jpg (867x806, 48K)

your mom

Attached: 1467155998014.jpg (1920x1200, 523K)

Did you conquer her?

no but I did welcome her

Attached: 1467156320180.jpg (1920x1200, 514K)

>Its really not that bad
It really is. Everything about the game is bad. The dialogue, dialogue system, gun designs, armor designs, sound design, the washed out colors, the loading times, the hideous textures and shaders, facial animations, the pointless settlement system. Literally nothing about this game is good.

>Venimind

>>Fails to make bigger cities than previous games, which were built on 10 year old hardware
how does it feel to be this wrong

Is this Yea Forums? Fallout 4 is insulting, the fact is that it is inferior to the classic games (And NV) in almost every way. It's a disgrace with tacked on shooting mechanics. There's no delay when you shoot or perform any action now? Cool, why couldn't you make a good RPG with those mechanics?
I've only encountered 1 skill check that I can remember in the whole game, there's no character building since there's no level-cap. No specialization for your character, no class system, there's nothing in the way of developing your character as you explore more of the game and learn its mechanics. Also let me reiterate, JUST ONE SKILL CHECK that I can recall from the time I played, and it was just from some shitty sidequest about a flying pirate ship, that's embarrassing, how could you say this is an RPG? What ROLES do you even fill? Does Bethesda think you are too stupid to build your own classes to perform well in situations you want them to? Or maybe Bethesda is too stupid to do that, I don't know. Point is, there is an extreme lack of roleplay in this roleplaying game.
It goes without saying that the story is hot garbage, the voiced PC is garbage and the fact that you can't choose more than 2 backstories dependent on which gender you want to play is shit.
Questing in Fallout 4 treats you like an inbred retard child, with compass markers holding your hand the whole way, if you turned them off, you were just lost because you're never given clear directions.
Also holy shit, the aesthetic of the new games are bad. Where is the TERROR of the post-nuclear setting? What about the grunginess and extreme gore? That's all just gone, and I'm SURE it's possible with the new engine now, but I don't know. Power armor has so many bullet catches it's not even funny, this is hardware meant to protect you, not get your kneecaps and elbows blown in.
It's a SHIT game. You can like it, just don't call it a GOOD game by any metric, because it's not. I'd write way more but I can't.

Attached: MaxMaxRW.jpg (1280x720, 187K)

You are shills or just have utter garbage tastes

Either way, kill yourselves.

Sorry! The Telltale one was also better than the mainline ones too, just don't rape me, Randy!

bad taste retard

I'm not your sister, Randy, please put your dick away! I'll change my 2 to a 3 on Metacritic just don't rape me!

It's a decent game but a TERRIBLE fallout.

>Whaaa stop liking things i don't.
Friggin manbabies

>>Whaaa stop liking things i don't.
>Friggin manbabies
>You can like it, just don't call it a GOOD game by any metric
bro...

Calling something the best of a set is just a relative superlative comparator, though.

I hate how fucking ugly everything looks

Okay? You do realize we're discussing Fallout in a Fallout thread right? And even then, as far as role-playing games go, Fo4 is just not good.

>im ngl its pretty damn fun building settlements and shit
I fucking hate settlements.
I installed a mod to build settlements for me and all it does is crash my game by eating up all the VRAM.
Fuck you, Todd.

The only way to play it is as a post-apoc hoarding simulator. I never progressed the story, just went from settlement to settlement combing through, looting, leveling up, killing big guys, doing sidequests for hopeless losers. It was pretty fun. I'm level 50-something and only stopped because my literal fortress burnt me the fuck out. I feel bad for anyone who played this expecting a Fallout narrative, or a narrative in general, but anyone playing video games for narratives is just a high-level fool anyways.

>its pretty damn fun building settlements and shit
Only if you like shit like minecraft

>Its really not that bad
but it is and you're retarded.

I'm just seething because someone said I was retarded for saying Fallout 4 is the best of the Borderlands franchise.

Far better than the older games that killed the Franchise.
Didn't Fallout 2 end up selling less than the original? The decline was quick and they tried to salvage it with a console game.

Just imagine if they had an ounce of talent they were sitting on a multi billion dollar IP but instead they sold it for 25 million and thought they did well.
They were just as bad at business as making games.

Well, I'm playing it right now and kind of enjoying it. Spent about a week installing mods (and then installing everything again because after success with porn animations I realized there are better ways to get off so I just had to have a clean slate) and I think I had more fun installing and troubleshooting shit than playing the game itself.
What legit boggles my mind is beth's approach to armor. It's still there, a hundred slots on your pretty dolly poll to play dressup with, yet in skyrim (where it makes the most sense) we have only 4 armor slots, but in FO4 whole 6 of them (plus glasses and bandana, but I think those mutually exclusive without mods).
That said, I like what they've done gameplay-wise to armor and power armor especially (not the lore tho, fuck beth for introducing new types of power armor as pre-war). Weapon modding too, just wish we could swap, say, optics on the go. Lack of ammo types is pretty sad, but, although janky (like everything in this game), it can be fixed with mods.
Gunplay got better, but it's still not good enough.
Love ghouls and dismemberment.
Absolutely hate new perk system.
Settlement gameplay is alright, although kind of barebones. Mods help, sure, but not that much. And it's not something one would want from a Fallout game.

1/3 cuz I need to vent my autistic steam.

2/3
Story, however is shit. Especially pacing.
>wake up PUT A LITTLE MAKE UP
>talk to your robobutler
>"Go check out this nearby town"
>meet the doggy along the way
So far so good, if we forget pre-war sequence.
>get to said town
>shoot some people (they will shoot you if they spot you, so it's okay)
>"Get the power armor and minigun"
>shoot more people
>shoot a fucking deathclaw
Which call of duty is this?
>"Go to Diamond City"
>"Build some shit btw"
>Do I look like a carpenter to you?
>"I DON'T CARE! BUILD. SHIT."
>"btw annuda settlement needs out help"
>"ur general now boi"
>more shooting, now ghouls and synths with homo paladin
That's my story so far and I don't like it. Also met Mechanist content, so I'll get to that first, it sounds better than vanilla shit. And while doing "annuda settlement..." I met shiba inu from CC stuff I pirated, so I'm gonna look for good boys.

3/3
Now, the best part about story, my character is the layer woman. What the fuck?
In 1 you can have any background you want and get equipment, appropriate to you skills.
In 2 you're spear-chucking tribal, but you probably had some experience with your grandad's gun, so why not?
We don't talk about tictacs.
In 3 you shot a bb gun with your dad, maybe studied miniguns and plasma rifles in the library, so why not?
In NV you're seasoned wasteland courier so anything is possible.
In 4, female PC makes 0 sense to me. I guess Nate taught her how shoot guns before the war or something. But even then it's not much better since all dialogues will always be the same and you're good at eveything. Beth killed their own PCs by forcing such strict backround onto them. And being a pre-war popsicle, you adapt fast and stop giving any fucks really fucking fast. They tried to rectify that with "Wuts a ghouls" and "y i need meds and ammo, I forgot I wore PA and shot minigun at raiders (wut re those btw) and giant lizard few minutes ago".
As for
>hurr playing girl u tranny durr
It's much better to play beth games with a constant boner - it draws blood from your brain, helping you overlook the flaws.

The only way I can play FO4 anymore.

Get some fucking standards

idk my dude, i like it but it's really not on par with 3 or NV as an RPG, imho.
idk why but it and 76 feel very float-y, unlike 3 or NV, in which all your actions felt like they had more weight to them.

when do I get a lot of Steel? atm that's what limits me (i haven't gotten to Diamond City yet)

I would rather have had Fallout 2 be the last Fallout game in all honesty.

I do. That is why I am happy I didn't grow up in the dark age of gaming.If Fallout was the apex what was considered bad back then?
Seriously though thanks for beta testing the industry for us gramps.

Based retard

So don't play any of the new Fallouts. Everyone else enjoying it does not detract from your enjoyment of the ancient Fallouts now does it?

* FOOD ANALOGY TIME *

>Fallout 1 - The Haute Cuisine of the Franchise. Small, but prepared with dutiful care to detail. Can be finished as quickly or slowly as you want.
>Fallout 2 - The Michelin Star Restaurant of the Franchise. Built with an equal compromise of care and accessibility, it will receive the most praise, but hasn't been as carefully tended to from kitchen to plate.
>Fallout Tactics - The Sushi Joint of the Franchise. Not everyone likes sushi, but the people who like sushi like going there.
>Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel - The Heart-attack Diner of the Franchise. People only come here for a morbid curiosity. It isn't very good.
>Fallout 3 - The McDonald's of the Franchise. Plenty of availability, easy to access, and jam-packed full of content that really doesn't do much good.
>Fallout NV - The Family Restaurant of the Franchise. A lot like the Michelin restaurant, but everything is just a bit lower quality. Probably uses wholesaler ingredients, the chefs aren't true professionals, etc. Still an enjoyable experience, and fair for its price.
>Fallout 4 - The Arby's of the Franchise - Boiled down to a one-note point of access that's as broad as can be, most people who like food aren't really fans, but the people who just are looking for a way to stuff their face will have an okay time with it.
>Fallout 76 - The Burger King Foot Lettuce of the Franchise. Number 15, Burger King Foot Lettuce, the last thing you'd want in your Burger King burger is somebody's foot fungus, but that might just be what you get.

I might be. The criticism still stands. My biggest gripe with the game is still that weapons feel very weak, and that my shots don't seem to bother the enemies at all.

Settlements suck, dialogue sucks, choices suck, but the factions, companions, weapon customization, and combat are all pretty great.

I'm saying that the new games are not good in comparison to the rest of the franchise and the RPG genre as a whole, that was my whole spiel. Don't call bad games good.

I'm only fucking with you, They make bullet sponges to keep you playing, spending etc. Cheap tactic

>Fallout 4 is an RPG.
>Fallout 4 is an action-adventure game.

Uh, no.
Fallout 4 is a video game.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-09-03 Fallout 4 - Google Search.png (452x259, 217K)

Woah......

Attached: 1539131024909.jpg (743x925, 195K)

What's the chili and sea bass of the franchise?

Will Todd ever redeem himself, lads?

Probably Point Lookout.

Sell it to me.

I think Todd is just really excited about everything he does and lives in a world of denial where it's fine that things have regressed over time from Morrowind, instead of becoming better. He looks at all this content generation and doesn't think about the depth. It's like a parent who sees their kid every so often and is all impressed with his sports car and the nice house, but never really goes in to find out that the body is just over a rusted-out hulk, and never finds out that the house is just a glorified crack den, and that the kid afforded all the bells and whistles on the surface by dealing in 90-10 cut drywall-cocaine. Imagine Todd, the manlet, towering over the ocean that Oblivionlikes have become and not realizing that the only reason he towers over it is because it's a millimeter deep and reflects everything on the surface.

>fun building settlements
that was the most unenjoyable and forced part of the game
it was not fun in any sense
how about you go buy a copy of irrelevant 76 if you like all the bad aspects of 4 all compiled into a game, and made multiplayer?

It's the worst fallout game, it's worthless to be honest.

Well said user, I could believe it

I fucking hate the settlement system and how ingrained it is to everything. They did knowing that some fag is going to throw thousands of hours into playing not-Minecraft. Using that Conqyuest mod that lets the cities build themselves but I still avoid them if I can. But once you do that you realize just how shallow everything else is by comparison.

Yeah, I get that. I wouldn't mind that as much if it didn't feel so... i think dampened would be the word. I feel like they are much less present than 3/NV. IDK what they did to the engine but I don't like it. Might be the pasta sauce everyone seems to have instead of blood.

>are all pretty great
you should look up the definition of words you use, it does nothing above average

this
it doesn't have it's own identity cause it tried to be a bunch of different things and came out a big lumpy piece of shit, but it's a video game

I honestly think that if you sat down Todd with a copy of Fallout 4 or Skyrim, and told him to play on survival (or some equivalent ruleset modded in for Skyrim), for five hours, he'd come back with a different perspective. He'd realize that radiant quest generation is limited precisely because it is so open-ended. Procedural generation of tasks can really only work with fetch quests and elimination challenges, which become tedious and boring once you've seen three or four of them. If you remove fast travel and end up with the walking simulator that Skyrim was, things start to blur together. All the stretched 512x512 (or higher, with a proper texture pack) rock faces look the same, all the trees look the same. Hell, all the gathering is pretty much the same, just with a few different effects you'll never use because each and every path is left open for the player. Removing guard-rails from player progression does the opposite of create a free experience, it creates a similar experience. There is no difference between your mage character in Skyrim and your warrior character. There is no difference between your bruiser and sniper in Fallout 4. Why? Because all the content is open to you, the only limiter of which is time.
What Oblivionlikes have become are just glorified timesinks. The open worlds just suck up time and give little back in return. There are little moments where a designer got clever and tells a story through props and scene blocking, and some moments where you find a diamond in the rough and go, "Hey, this is pretty neat", but those were hand-crafted. You have less content that way, but when you have less that has more care to it than
>if : generate , append [CHARACTER]., append [CHARACTER].[DIALOGUE].[OPTIONX], append [WORLD].[OBJECT].[OBJECTX] . . .
there's more fulfillment.
The same holds true of inventory and story. Make things almost all the same, just different flavors.

It was made by interns, You see that interview with todd glossing over his new team and how big bethesda has become? He then says something along the lines of showing them the ropes to build a solid team or some shit, Only one way to do that.

I like the design of the T-60, but it feels really out of place considering the lore. Would've made more sense if it was an enhanced T-45 developed by the brotherhood, since it's just a bulkier version of T-45.

>Would've made more sense if it was an enhanced T-45 developed by the brotherhood, since it's just a bulkier version of T-45.
Not him, But you are dead on there, It actually makes sense and wouldn't ruin the lore either. If they found the T-60s on the way to Boston, What did they do with their old T-45's?

if you remove fallout from the name it would be merely a shit game

If you remove fallout from the title it gets better. A diamond in the rough kind of way. People have expectations from the fallout series and bethesda. A new franchise would have been a lot better received.

If you remove Fallout from the title, you get 4, and that's even dumber than 13.

It's better than New Vegas, but not as good as 3. NV just felt like a shitty expansion pack for 3 I wouldn't have paid half price for even with the DLCs.

Why did i fucking laugh?

Because.

Attached: 31575-xiii-playstation-2-front-cover.jpg (800x1123, 130K)

You really think 3 and 4 are both better than NV? How come?

I know the game. Laughed most likely because of that.

I have no idea what the fuck happened with Fallout 4's plot. There are just so many dumb oversights and contradictions, it's like the writers never had a meeting.

>>tfw Bethesda made Morrowind
>when did everything go so wrong?
Didn't pple leave Bethesda after Morrowind?

You talking about Tales from the Borderlands? That is a great game and the best Borderlands game and I'm not being facetious.

Honestly this. Good gameplay and interesting upgrades( tho more sidegrades for variety would be good)
The writing and dialogue is easily the worst in the series.

The settlement mode was a fun little system and it was a great way to make a shitload of free money, too bad the rest of the game as far as writing, worldbuilding, and RPG systems sucked. The power armor was fucking great though.

Good job, that's a bigger "city" than bethesda has put in any games they made since oblivion

>interesting upgrades

Base building was perfectly connected to all the other elements of the game. Every single item in Fallout 4 is used in base building thus every time you pick up something you are advancing your building capabilities. It is a fun and rewarding feedback loop that incentivizes exploration and truly gives every item an intrinsic value. Garbage items in Fallout 1-3 were only cosmetic while in 4 they have gameplay connotations. Story is overrated in all games but in rpgs it is 100% overrated, you just need a bare bones framing device and an open world to have a 10/10 story which Fallout 4 has.

Attached: omg-im-laughing-so-hard-lol-i-m-crying-omg-17705670.png (500x531, 126K)

The Institute isn’t evil though. They have done zero evil things. The player character is by default more evil than the Institute if you want to count dead bodies as the player you mow down 100’s of nameless raiders every afternoon while the Institute has replaced a handful of people with superior synths.

>They have done zero evil things.

>The abduction and replacement of multiple individuals with 3D printed bio-mechanical automatons for the purposes of surveillance is not evil.
>The experimentation with FEV virus on captive individuals in order to replicate and produce known outcomes is not evil.

We are getting a 2288 Capital Wasteland Plaza world along with the GNR for the creation club
Prepare to see Old Man Three Dog, Paladin Dusk and twice as asian milf Sydney.

Attached: CC_LargeHero_Anniversary.png (1920x870, 2.81M)

youtube.com/watch?v=wXo24imR_54

3 and 4 are open world rpgs with places to explore that have no relation to quests or each other. NV is just a linear game wearing the corpse of an open world like a hobo wears socks that are damp and cause his feet to rot off.

Neither are evil they are just tests. They see that humanity needs to be strengthened and are just helping out of the goodness of their hearts. Who cares if a few dozen deadbeats get murdered in the meantime? Have you seen the world they live in? Or are you applying our modern morality to a place without laws? That just makes you look dumb.

Why the fuck are you posting this from a CIT IP?

Fallout 4 is decent enough and with mods (it's a great platform for them) it can be quite enjoyable looter shooter.

It's ny far the best Fallout related thing Bethesda ever did. Story is as weak as F3, but game is simply much more fin mechanically. Plus with stuff like simsettlements conqueror it's literally small scale mount & blade: fallout.

>where is my son
>another settlement needs your help
>fusion cores
>lmao what skills or traits
>creation club
>bugs
>the railroad
>a fuckin BAR and Lewis gun
>free power armor 5 minutes in
>minecraft
>Piper
>like two decent sized towns
>BoS gundam blimp
>crank powered laser muskets
>VATS is kill
>synths and the institute

Attached: 23C41569-A88C-4C0F-A81A-5DF32D01F1E4.png (960x960, 391K)

>CPG Massacre
>Broken Mask incident
>massacre of University Point
>human experimentation
>left the dwellers of vault 111 to die in their pods

BuT eYe waNt teEw Be 'oOmaN fuhR yEw

Attached: pinnochio2284.jpg (1920x1080, 339K)

bethesda's art direction is excellent in this game and maybe even the best in a fallout game but it falls short in literally every other way. awful game

shooting is alright though

>re-taking quincy will be a creation club quest

Attached: 1555648575792.jpg (496x847, 62K)

I didn't really like it. It had even more issue than Skyrim did. It managed to make me not like any of the factions at all. Then the rest of the game is padded out by fucking infinite quests. At least I sort of enjoyed the main quest of Skyrim and The Dark Brotherhood. The only saving grace of Fallout 4 was Far Harbor. Everything else was a terrible time sink. They even managed to have Stealth be shitty and game-breaking like it was in Skyrim. Not even an attempt at balance.

Good. The less time spent in "Quinzee", that fucking abomination of map design, the better.

nigger they took content that should've been inside the game day-one and re-branded it as a paid mod

Attached: 1555506597287.png (735x633, 215K)

youtu.be/orN9Ep8z9CY

WITHOUT YOU WHATS THE POINT??! :DD

wat

Attached: 1555228520475.jpg (640x396, 43K)

It's terrible once you see the concept art compared to the finished product, The latter has peaked my interest in the development, 4 was announced and released within like 3 months or something. Has a completely different vibe to it

Attached: DC concept.jpg (3072x2044, 765K)

I hate it. I hate that there’s a glimmer of a good game in there and that I’ve wasted so much of my time trying to find that glimmer.

>make F76, a game that's so trash it makes F4 look average by comparison
>faggot apologists now think they can call F4 good
Todd's master plan is unfolding right before our eyes.

game as a whole should've been more drab and serious judging by the concept art

Why should retaking Quincy have been in the game from day one? That would require the Minutemen actually be relevant instead of a radiant quest farm. Oh, sure, you can use the Minutemen up in Sanctuary for the end game content, but the way the other options are presented means that you would only do so after several playthroughs. You really have to be digging for content to discover to follow the Minutemen questline, or somehow actually enjoy the fact that their entire main mechanic is
>Another settlement needs our help.
>I'll mark it on your map.
So you can get flares to call in mortar strikes and support in...where? The isolated instance nodes where you might actually find yourself needing support at any time? And even then, you never would.
Now, if the Minutemen were actually relevant to the Commonwealth besides being there to integrate the settlement system, and if they weren't just a source of bloated procedural content, and if there was any personality to the faction besides "one's a bitch, one's a guy, one's probably a failed Synth LARPing as an escaped slave, and one does drugs to see the future, stop her", then maybe Quincy would be something to be upset about.
This is a lot like complaining that the gutters are crooked on the blown-out hulk of a decrepit, abandoned house.

Same here, Nigger

Attached: 43878974328973.jpg (405x213, 10K)

Actually builds better towns than Bethesda

Attached: he.jpg (1280x720, 81K)

Because everyone that learned about the story of Quincy thought that it was an obvious step to re-take it as a form of endgame for the Minutemen, Quincy doesn't have any actual quests connected to it even though it's a fully fledged location, it's something that people were asking for in November 2015 and they're gonna release it at an overpriced value on a market for monetized mods.

The concept art for all of Bethesda's games makes the final version look disappointing. I thought Fallout 3 had fantastic concept art.

Fallout 4's is more disappointing when you see all the cut institute weapons and monsters.

I agree. I remember reddit was crying about the lack of colour in fallout before it came out, They may of had some influence.
I'm gonna dump some concept art

Attached: 1526151350459.png (2344x792, 3.1M)

I kill my son everytime

It's a shame because there's actually a whole lot to the dialog, but it's hidden behind a console friendly design.

>shitting on morrowind

i know this feel

The fact that it took them so long to respond to those demands just shows that they were writing in dumb ricles.

People consider Chrono Trigger a good RPG even though time travel is the most hack of plots. I don't think there's a such thing at this point.

Yeah the art is pretty sweet, Did you know there was an airport hub planned at some point?

Attached: Art_of_Fo4_Airport_1.jpg (1536x2044, 580K)

There was a lot more metal

Attached: 2d9ba3887c9e0867ee85c7eead005dbf.png (1323x888, 2.8M)

the airport in game is so fucking small it doesn't make any sense, but the airport hub is just the BoS base in game

Attached: 098cc79c4d3184f385da9b07de608000.png (944x493, 828K)

I liked it way more than FO3, the shooting is fun and the world is much better to explore, lots of verticality and boston is pretty open, shit you can even jump over the rubble!

That being said the institute/prydwen/whatever the city in the baseball stadium was called were pretty disappointing in size and scope, none felt like they could house their respective factions/populations. The railroad was slightly better because they had multiple locations and shit, ironic because overall they were the shittiest faction lol

The perk chart was actually pretty fun to progress through as well, I know it wasn't an RPG anymore, but that shit in FO3 was so poorly done it could barely be called an RP either, and the conversations were poorly written in FO3 too, so it didn't bother me when they removed 90% of the conversations and replaced them with a voiced retard.

That being said NV >>>>>>>>>> FO4 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> FO3

I played 1 too, I rate it as good as NV

Also I gotta say, while the game itself was incredibly poorly written, some of the companions were well done, far harbor was not too shabby either, absolute atmosphere

Yeah its pretty tiny, Doesn't even look like a terminal either

Attached: fallout+4+airport.jpg (1000x334, 345K)

>want to play it for the first time in 6 months
>my mods are out of date
I just don't have the will to tinker with that shit ;_;

Attached: 802683a79e1259dfd8d447dd7e498610.jpg (1920x1223, 308K)

What I don't get is why people act like FNV main quest is superior for the 3d games. You're a courier who crossed into NV and can't just leave, the game wont let you. You've probably got a house and a bunch of NCR fun dollars in a bank and the game doesn't even make the war out to be a threat enough to do jack shit. Like what's the reason to actually finish the game other than it's there?

Attached: lrd.jpg (997x912, 109K)

Attached: 234567887665432.jpg (1368x928, 546K)

Attached: 43734783247843.jpg (1920x1279, 415K)

why are cities and towns in bethesda games always so tiny and pathetic?

>Its really not that bad
Its really not that good either. The only thing i will give fallout 4 is this. It had the best feeling power armor, and it had one of the coolest, all be it, most underutilized zones, the glowing sea, and that was it.
From an RPG standpoint this game sucked fucking ass, your attributes meant fuck all in the game.
The game shoe horned you into a power armor build and pretty much any other build sucked ass comparative
Heavy weapons were horrible in the game
fusion cells were a fucking stupid ass resource
Settlement building was more of a chore then it was an enjoyment, if it was just sanctuary or vault 88, it would have been fine.
The story sucked because it was literally 3 told over again
Lack of RPG elements common among the good Fallout games made it so the story end made zero fucking sense
It ruined and or forgot its own lore an the game was filled with lore contradictions
The best story was scrapped from the game, paladin dance taking over the east coast brotherhood.
The DLC for the game was probably the weakest DLC they have put out.
Overall this game waas a really shitty falloutgame, but a half coherent post apocalypse survival game.

76's only flaw is being online. It's a better game in every way.

This is one of the dumbest assertations of NV I've read.

Engine limitations

ah yes, the same reason why a 2015 open world game had loading screens every time you opened a door. why the fuck havent they made a new engine since oblivion??

Sometimes I tell myself these wildfires never stop burning, but I’m the one who starts them. Not God. Not them. I can always see it in my mind. The warmth, the heat. It will always be a part of me. But not today

Can someone redpill me on survival mode? I've never tried it but it sounds interesting

Becauae it's a lot of work. Why waste time with shit like that when people will buy the games anyway?

The "foot hills" doesn't exist in game

Attached: a99e5e0b8635e7db0b0d68bd3f063be6.jpg (1536x2044, 379K)

[I FORGOT THE FUCKING IMAGE THE FIRST TIME] NUKA WORLD

Anybody still upset at how badly they fucked this up? It had potential, and the dusty desert location of it actually had potential, I really enjoyed that one quest where you get to leave the area and go explore the weirdo cult.

But why was it so handholdy? The first quest is literally "Go explore everything in the theme park!" nothing like sucking out the joy out of exploring something by making fucking all of it tied to a quest. "Wow look at how fun this is! Go along the path to all these awesome fun things! aren't you having fun?!"

Why make it that linear? why force it as aggressively as they did? They could have handled it so much better. It felt like a complete chore to play it, unlike Far Harbor which immediately hooked me and I had fun all throughout the dlc, it even had better writing than the main game. The writing in this one was abysmal, they didn't even try, like you enter the location and you're fucking king of the degenerates.

Boring.

Attached: Fallout_4_Nuka-World_add-on_packaging.jpg (1511x1952, 1.35M)

This and the level scaling.

It's playable I'll give you that.

It's possibly they made Far harbor for people who are slightly smart and Nuka World for "playtesters"

Building settlements wasn't fun because managing them was a complete nightmare. It was fun focusing on one settlement a bit, but when you got 20 of them and you realized how much of a nightmare it is to actually care about them I immediately lost interest.

The settlements also completely stripped the world of interesting locations with their own stories. I much prefer the way 3 and NV did settlements even if there was less player freedom involved with them. Finding a settlement with some characters that have a little something to tell you about their place in this world added to the overall narrative (especially in NV) but having a billion settlements that are all the same stock bullshit did nothing for me.

Attached: Republic_of_Dave.jpg (1200x900, 318K)

Mama Murphy was once an old black lady, Preston Garvey was white too.

Attached: 4543893247843.png (1536x2044, 3.44M)

Mama Murphy is the worst character in the Fallout canon. Prove me wrong.

As with all Bethesda games,it's a good base to put 50 mods on
No reason to play that shit vanilla

please stop posting concept art it is making me mad please stop thank you

Attached: synth.jpg (243x319, 24K)

She would be more interesting as a side character you can find in the wastes, Not introduced to you at the start of the game, As a fucking guide

what if bethesda wanted to do something like
or
but couldnt because consoles couldnt handle it
>They did it in fallout nv with freeside thats why its split in two sections. there is even a mod that separates it just fine.

Attached: 1564013477543.png (202x206, 46K)

I don't even need to look back at all.
Preston Garvey.
Young MacCready.
John Eden.

It's not a bad game, but the modding community has shown that it could have been much better. Then again, it's perhaps a bit too harsh to expect the boatload of features that mods add from a vanilla product.

Attached: ThirdRail.jpg (2560x1440, 2.14M)

Tinker Tom was white too apparently, Wonder why they swapped races around a lot, Shame we don't have inbred looking settlers too.

Attached: Art_of_Fallout_4_114_wasteland_outfits_concept_art.jpg (1920x1279, 272K)

90% of the players play unmodded games.
Those that like mods REALLY like mods but they are a small but not insignificant part of the fanbase.

10% of 20 mil is nothing to sneeze at.

>John Eden
[Intelligence] KYS

Look at these flat roads in Concord.

Attached: FO4_Art_Concord.jpg (3072x2044, 2.23M)

Looks like they made the concept for Tinker Tom, then someone went "Doesn't he look kind of like an old, grizzled sailor instead of a tinkerer, though?", and everyone agreed and the concept was stashed away until they introduced Old Longfellow

Give me three reasons why John Eden is a good character.

Not him but it's really not that good. The Elvis people are not really good fantasy writing.

Fallout 2 devs made NV. That's not saying much though since NV is horrible at building an interesting world.

Only the first and the last make sense.

Attached: Art_of_Fo4_Institute_concourse.jpg (1536x2044, 477K)

god i wish concord was like that

the world map is so puny, every area is too small apart from the glowing sea which is too big. just give me some large towns separated by long, winding rural foothill sections.

everything is next to each other and it sucks. any mods to fix this shit?

Attached: Art_of_Fo4_Synth_fabrication_room.jpg (1536x2044, 468K)

Yeah it's the fake fans that never existed since the games were made into obscurity since the release of F2 (it sold less than F1).

Its a cargo cult that popped up as people with nothing to believe in find a shiny piece of pre-war knowledge that they interpreted the way they wanted too. Its really little different from tribes thousands of years before that looking at the sun and deciding "thats a god who thinks exactly like this"

Why did this quest just end and afterwards there was no interactivity left, you couldn't talk to any of the robots after, they had no responses to the events at all, it's like you finish the quest and suddenly the devs ran out of time and had to sign off on it.

other than that I loved the quest, but I was very disappointed to find out when it was over that there was nothing left, you solve a fucking mystery and then when you talk to the inhabitants of the vault after they have nothing to say.

Attached: fallout442.jpg (1920x1080, 403K)

people have never had any sort of realistic expectations. People have been complaining about Fallout forever, it's tradition at this point.

The premise is fine. It's the execution that leaves something to be desired.

>cargo cult

>people still buy into this debunked nonsense

I honestly don't, But modders really should look into the concept art for inspiration. I think cloudy weather would improve a lot, Notice how its in a lot of the art but not in game?

Attached: Art_of_Fallout_4_diner.jpg (660x470, 36K)

>800 hours of testing mods

Attached: YouSignedTheContractBoiByTheGames.jpg (585x640, 46K)

Fallout 3 is good if you just want to hop in and have fun. The world holds you by the hand and you're not asked to think or engage all that much beyond the surface level stuff. I personally love it, I love the setting, I love that Liam Neeson is my dad, I love rivet city, megaton, so many other locations, I really love the wasteland. It's just a pleasant game to play to me, or was at least, I haven't replayed it since 2011. But I really did love it.

NV like you say makes more sense, it rewards exploration and digging further into it, the more you explore the more you get out of the story and world, simple things such as listening to what npcs have to say actually do a lot to flesh out the story. NV is better than 3 is, but damn if I don't still love Fallout 3.

Attached: 1200px-Fo3_Rivet_City.png (1200x750, 1.32M)

BELOW IS A LINK TO THE BEST SONG ON THE FALLOUT 4 SOUNDTRACK. BEWARE THIS IS NOT SUBJECTIVE.

youtube.com/watch?v=dgmjwVE7zQE

Attached: 1539757791833.png (788x699, 21K)

The whole OST is shit

For me, its Wandering the Coast Part 1.

youtube.com/watch?v=wwI69QPMzQ8

Attached: Fallout 4 Concept Art 3.png (2342x1354, 3.68M)

Does the crypt base exist ingame? Never seen it.

Attached: Railroad_HQ_underground_concept_art.jpg (1382x1830, 257K)

It's a game I play when I don't to think. Shoot mooks, collect junk, shoot more mooks, collect more junk, keep on shooting mooks whilst simultaneously collecting junk. From there I just half ass beds and turrets and shit so these NPCs that do virtually nothing for me and don't affect the game can be 'happy' in their miserable existence. Plus I hate collecting junk and being expected to haul this shit to a settlement just so I can build a bench so I can go out hunting for more guns and junk to over encumber myself with just to upgrade my gear. This is why Dragon's Dogma is the best RPG ever; I have a pawn and can hire two other shmucks to do all the gathering for me while I slaughter to my heart's content.

No it wasn't you negative fuckhead. The OST was pretty solid.

Yeah i like Fallout 4 because of the base building too, sure the gameplay wasn't good, quest is lacking main story is stupid.
The base building with mod is the only reason it make the whole game fun.

It's the best 3D Fallout from a gameplay and polish perspective and the map is big and fun to explore
Only problem is the shit writing and quest design, dialogue wheel, and voiced protagonist ruin the RPG experience
It's a 7/10 at best

Attached: jSeV1Tw.png (580x164, 25K)

Attached: Art_of_Fallout_4_observatory.jpg (1384x604, 94K)

lol god damn, they really don't even try

youtube.com/watch?v=AJXVJ79zxMQ

Best theme from New Vegas coming through.

Attached: newvegas.png (1920x1080, 2.7M)

Well honestly how is an Elvis cult supposed to turn out other than as a bit comedic especially when they dont have the rights to even use the name?

Really poor dull base attacks

I agree with everything excepts graphics, its very decent

Nice try, Todd..

Time to make an absolutely factual statement that can't be argued but will still invite shitposting.

Fallout 4 is the best Fallout game with the title of Fallout 4 that was released by Bethesda on November 10th, 2015.

I wouldn't have mind if they made the main protag have no voice audio. It really narrows down the roleplaying immersion of creating your own personality. Also not enough speech options.

I mean the model looks like it appears around grave yards and shit? You never fall through the basment to a crypt tho dude

True I agree. Idk what they were thinking with adding them.

But then I've seen people here talk about how funny it is on the surface but is actually dealing with dark undertones and then expect me to take it seriously. Sure. But I'm just thinking it's completely unappealing in every direction (as well as mostly everything else in NV). It's like they don't really know how to make an interesting fantasy setting but are good at writing competently enough so the literal autists don't recognize how retarded the whole idea was

What mods for 1st playthrough?

Wish I could argue with this but it's tough.

Far Harbor is the best fallout dlc period, right?

Dead Money has the best writing out of them all, and Point Lookout was really good, but overall I'd say Far Harbor is the best.

Attached: ef18afcf-64a5-46fe-add1-f4c66711a37b_1.ebb66b82da95330ae1c75f6070d60ffa.jpg (450x450, 42K)

Far Harbor is way better than the base game. Top notch atmosphere and the writing is a lot better.
Plus the fucking enemy design is on point and those assholes dont fuck around. I'm kinda scared to go to Far Harbor on my current Survival playthrough cause even on normal some of those things can wreck your shit.

Everything but the bed save option in Fallout 4 is good.

The bed saving thing is fucking retarded. I get they were trying to go for a Dark Souls thing, but the key difference is that the Fallout 4 map was not developed with survival mode in mind. The beds put in between areas are wildly inconsistent, so you could spend like 8 hours doing quests and shit and find like one bed during that whole time.

Dead Money is still my favorite but Far Harbor is a close second.

Bed saving is the main thing I like about Survival honestly.
Not being able to cheese with saves and having to actually find beds makes some trips much more interesting. Like going into the glowing sea and discovering Virgils cave didn't have a bed so I had to do the whole trip in one go. Much more interesting than babysitting a few easily topped off needs meters. I dont even know how you'd go 8 hours without finding a bed though. They're not even hard to find. Most areas with enemies also have the beds they sleep in or just random broken down shacks will have a mattress or a sleeping bag.

the gamebryo engine can handle few things at a time

Pete Heins is a fucking PR goon

utter useless to talk about game lore to that mouth piece

>No character building since there's no level cap

Ever thought of, you know, NOT distributing any more perk points than what your build requires?

There's no reason not to distribute points for your character and just max out everything.

Wanting to play a certain build that cannot do everything not a good enough reason?

No, because there's no incentive or reason to lock into a class, the lack of skill checks and yes-manning for the player is retarded. Don't get offended that Fallout 4 is shit, you didn't help make it I hope.

>Locked door/terminal
>"Well shit, I can't open/hack it"
>The content behind that door/on that terminal is locked off from you, unless you return with someone who can open/operate it

It's not much, but it's there.

>level up 4 times
oh shit i really needed those followers to help me out

What about builds that do not include utility abilities like lockpicking and hacking?

there are no specialized character builds because i could just infinitely level up and max out every "skill"

You could, but then the problem of "no character builds" is entirely created by you by choosing to continue investing perk points.

The problem of no character builds is inherent with the way the game was built and balanced.

What you talking about nigga? T-60 looks like a beast, and actually looks terrifying

Its basically what T-45 should've been

Not really. The only factor that stops you from doing specialized builds is you.

Hell, if you wanted, you could choose to stop applying perks after level 10 if you so wanted. The fact that the game allows for infinite leveling does not mean you are obliged to level infinitely.

Good looking town but RIP your framerate

Not really? Oh okay, let me just balance the game for myself in my brain because it's too hard to make good roleplaying mechanics in a videogame. Is that really what you expect players to do when faced with OBVIOUS DESIGN FLAWS in Fallout 4?

I was modding the game but then I got paranoid about nexus mod manager but I'm kind of lazy about doing it manually.

Attached: Fallout4 2019-08-25 19-08-48-21.png (1920x1080, 3.52M)

>fallout 3 and nv on console
Why would you put yourself through that? I first played fallout 3 on ps3 and it runs like fucking trash, 25fps and just looks freakin ugly

If you're gonna play those on console at least play on xbone for a decent performance, but even xbone fo3 and nv are just shit versions of PC - which is how these are meant to be played

What balance issues are there in the game that are not a direct result of the player overdeveloping their character?

Why does the game allow you to level up past a certain point to begin with?

There's a soft cap of 50, at which point leveling slows down considerably. At that point, you should be done with most of the content the game has to offer, excluding dynamically created "infinite" content.

And again, leveling up in itself does nothing but grant you a perk point. It is entirely up to you if you distribute it or not.

Nice job avoiding the question amigo.

The game allows it because Bethesda games traditionally allow you to continue playing even after you "beat" them. The content in the games, however, is balanced around certain level ranges that most people will be at when playing through.

>NOOOOO YOU CANT LIKE THIS GAME BETHESDA MADE IT STOP IT STOP IT NOW!!!!

Attached: cryingsoyjack.png (785x1000, 254K)

Is this a false flag?

Attached: 1565976227359.png (785x1000, 306K)

Kill yourself namecuck

>NOOOO THAT'S NOT THE OFFICIAL Yea Forums OPINION AND HE EVEN HAS A NAME DELETE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!

Attached: cryingsoyjack(362).png (225x224, 8K)

Alright, is it a good thing that you're just allowed to do everything with your character? Because by level 50, you surely would have spent every point into the useful perks. Assuming you're not artificially limiting your character for no good reason.

Useful is a curious term to use here. Useful for what kind of playstyle or role? If I'm going to be playing a pencil-pushing nerd, I'm mostly going to be investing into perks in the intelligence column, which alone can eat up 34 of those 50 points.

>put points into hacking and lockpicking and combat related perks
>everything else is secondary
wooow, really deep game design here

>Wow, the game is brainless if I powergame and pick the most efficient things for any playthrough with no regard to actually assuming a role?!

Attached: brainlet.jpg (1080x667, 66K)

Okay faggot, nevermind the fact that there is no barrier or anything stopping you from snowballing from the beginning of the game. For fucks sake, you're given POWER ARMOR AND A MINIGUN WITHIN THE FIRST THIRTY MINUTES.

Why must the game stop you from being a retarded munchkin instead of you having the common sense not to be one if that is not what you enjoy?

Yeah, I'll just ignore the perfectly good power armor and minigun and perks and guns granted to me at the beginning of the game because reasons

>So incapable of assuming a role that he cannot pass up opportunities to become more powerful

I pity you. I truly do.

Why? I'm not the one defending this terrible game.

>Playing on PS4
>Already spent $20 on Creation Club even though I swore I wouldn't

FUCK YOU TODD DAMN YOU TO HELL

Attached: 1555378609201.png (613x888, 786K)

>needs mods to bail out the shitty base building

You think it's a terrible game because the design philosophy is so against your own conception of what a videogame is. Bethesda games allow you to project yourself into a virtual world and give you the tools to tailor your experience to what you want it to be (within certain limitations). You can play whatever kind of character you want to, you just have to actually commit to doing so instead of the game making you commit.

For you, playing videogames is a mechanical performance, an exercise in making numbers grow bigger and destroying your enemies/clearing obstacles in your way faster. Bethesda games allow you to do this, but they allow it in a virtually infinitely scaling fashion, which means that you cannot hit that peak performance you desire no matter how hard you try, and your attempts ultimately cause the game to struggle to keep up with you, which causes the "balancing issues" you so vehemently claim the game has.

I pity you because you play single-player games like they were a competition.

>playing Bethesda games on console

Attached: 1481918333887.png (750x725, 872K)

Far Harbor was leagues ahead of the base game
Nick Valentine is a great companion too

Attached: Jk01C2l.jpg (1920x1080, 685K)

>bethesda on console
>having so little self control you spend 20 bucks on horse power armor

this game is shit
you have shit taste for liking it
>just pretend there's a level cap bro!
kill yourself

uninterested third party here
that user blew you the fuck out
get an argument

I never once said that's how I play single player games, I just expressed my disdain for the very idea that
>lol you can just imagine the balance!!!
Do you understand how stupid it is to expect the average gamer to just do that? Stripping down roleplay mechanics and giving no incentive to specialize in any skills isn't good for gameplay or balance. You have the audacity to call me stupid, fuck you, retard Bethesdrone.

>What do you mean I have to assume a role and play accordingly in a role-playing game?The game allows me to over-specialize, so that's what I'm going to do!

Here fagtron, this is a good example of how to incentivize the player to specialize and actually roleplay. What does Fallout 4 even offer? No skills, only perks and levelling special up to max. It's stupid.

Attached: GoodRoleplayingMechanics.jpg (900x675, 287K)

>Actual roleplaying is having numbers decide things for you in the background

Attached: durrrr.png (621x702, 56K)

Are you just trolling? Nobody is this dumb, I refuse to believe you exist in the same reality as I do, you're not worth simply being.

>im to stupid for numbers and stats
ok pal

How the fuck do you get into frost? It just felt like a shitty dust where every 3 minutes you need to find 10 water bottles and eat an entire horse just to not die. and radiation is either: you die of radiation or you die of treating radiation. and if I remember correctly bulletsponge enemies with no ammo. Was I fuck up the installation or somethine? I just wanted to play dust+. It doesn't help that the lazy developer claimed that 0.5 is a complete mod, even the fucking character creation room kept bugging out for me.

Have you ever taken part in a single session of D&D or literally any P&P RPG, zoomie? If you had, you'd know that the stats and dicerolls are just windowdressing for the real roleplaying, which is all just make-believe.

Bethesda games have a similar approach to roleplaying just that you are simultaneously both the PC and the DM, running a module for yourself.

Alright, the settlement building was sort of fun and honestly that's about it maybe power armor but that was brought in way too early. On the other hand lets look at the bad parts of FO4
>Dialogue dumbed down to levels that were inconceivable before release (good guy, asshole, "no" and questions)
>The note you find on a super mutant is the basis for EVERY single quest (KILL, LOOT REPEAT)
>Bethesda continues fucking the lore not even to bring in cool new shit just a fuck you to fnv and the originals with shittier lore (its a valid complaint and honestly how much effort does it take not to fuck that up)
>The storyline is dogshit with endings A, B and C not to mention it doesn't fit with the theme of exploring and doing your own thing much less it being competent in the slightest bit.
>Combat hasn't changed even a little since F03, enemies just stand there and shoot with the exception of them taking cover 1/10 of the time and even then its rare.
>Related to storyline but the factions made me want to blow my brains out with how badly they were written. BOS blows up the most advanced hub of technology in what remains of the US, minutemen are fencesitters, the institute (I actually forgot what they were doing which showcases how forgettable these games are getting) and the railroad..
The consistency of the writing, gameplay mechanics, worlds they build are somehow getting worse and if FO4 is anything to go by you fuckers should be worried about TESVI

I'd rather play on my couch/bed looking at my 50" TV than playing on my PC

Last time I played on PC I just got lost downloading sex mods and ruined the game for myself

Attached: 15734-0-1467159936.jpg (1920x1080, 1.66M)

Go to sleep gramps

>Combat hasn't changed even a little since F03
Eh, that's wrong. Go back and play F3 or FNV after 4 and the gameplay is noticeably worse

Damn, sucks that no one will ever walk through the city and admire all your hard work. Well done, user.

Jankier maybe but I meant in terms of what enemies do rather than how it feels, because yeah it is smoother and a bit better than previous titles but the rulebook for the combat has changed in years and its still a clunky clusterfuck with enemies struggling to move let alone fight.

I don't know if this is my fault, but when I played fallout 4 every enemy would either die in 1 bullet, or 100 bullets,and I would either die in 100 bullets, or 1 bullet respectively. it was fucking stupid, at least in new vegas health and damage pools would be consistent

FO4 has some areas that do not scale to your character. There's a chance you wandered into one such area. Though I think you would have noticed the very visible skulls next to the health bars of the enemies if that was the case.

As for the reverse (enemies dying quickly), it's fairly common to be done with enemies in a few shots if they are in your level range.

It's not just nostalgia, gaming to too big for it's own good, now that so many people play video games, developers are pressured or simply try to cater to everyone, which of course pleases no one but people who generally don't care so long as they have something to distract them.

In the original Fallout, these three things were symbols of a flawed, consumptive society that destroyed itself; a society divorced from the reality it resulted in. Bethesda seems to have turned those cheesy corporate logos into icons to be venerated, which is almost as ironic as them turning nuclear weapons into fun toys.

What was the last game that blew you away? Or did ANYTHING good beyond passable? Take Skyrim for example, that game sold far more than it deserved to, but look at the combat. Have a melee weapon? Keep swinging until your target is dead, and don't worry about aiming for weak spots in armor or anything that would require thought, god forbid you're challenged for once. Are you a mage? Same shit, just keep throwing magic at them until their health bar hits zero(To be fair, it was cool that they added magic landmines and flamethrowers and shit, but they took away spell creation and everything that made being a mage truly fun). And if you're an archer just keep shooting.

Is this combat really much better than say, the original gauntlet? We've seen this shit a million times, but they just keep making them.

Or take any stealth game for example, no game had as detailed a stealth system as Thief 1-2. There's no radar, no magical UI element that tells you when you've been spotted, just the light gem so you can be certain when you're in the dark or not. This game is around 20 years old now, and since then, no high quality stealth games have come out.

The fact is, games used to be ambitious, but limited by their day's technology and funding. Now games are overflowing with money but have no incentive to cater to anything but the normie..

The skull enemies are the dumbest fucking thing I've heard of, where you think "oh this place looks neat, time for adventure" and you get cock blocked by one generic raider model thats just better but Todd says so.

But that wasn't it, I learned to just avoid that shit since I couldn't find a mod to fix that. I did go a bit south for that Maccready companion quest. where you kill Bethesda's generic "gunners" even that assault robot that everyone makes porn of was borderline indestructible despite being in "level range." getting instantly killed on that fucking elevator was the turning point where I realized my current setup wasn't feasible for a decent playthrough it doesn't help that companions are complete garbage, I don't think I've ever seen a companion even shoot at an enemy.

based mass reply nigger failing to convey anyting other than fits of anger

Did you die to the Assaultron's beam attack? Because that thing fucking wrecks your shit almost regardless of your level or what you are wearing. Assaultrons also take more damage from bodyshots than headshots, which might cause some frustration. Overall though, Assaultrons are one of the more dangerous enemy types in the game.

Ok, but i hate building settlements.

How's the sex mod scene in this game? Can I get impregnated by Bloatflies and give birth? Asking for a friend.

I'm pretty sure at least one of the times I died was to that beam, and that would explain the absurd tankyness of that enemy. But I just don't know, maybe I should just do a nearly pure, horizion mod setup and see it really could fix it. skip to level 15/20 with that alternate start mod, because I can't go through that fucking grind for the fourth time, and just try to finally get my openworld pseudo-metro experience I've always wanted.

Settlements ruined the game for me, even with sim settlements I still had to babysit for the first five minutes every time I walked into one of the settlement locations, and fuck that tutorial segment for the "wow, cool america :)" minute men base building.

>tfw to intelligent to have fun and blow shit up
fucking redditors

The game is suppose to be an RPG , as such I will give my opinion based on that fact .

...... It's a fucking shit RPG with 'lil to no story or character developtment . The map feels empty , too much of the game is simply recycled and '' ctrl c , ctrl v '' . Your actions hold no consequences . Immersion ? .... What dat ? blablablabla .

Bottom line , the game is a shit rpg .
''But does it succeed at being at being an FPS'' ?

... no, not really . The guns have unrealistic animations , sounds and feel like potato launchers .

'' Allright allright , but is it a fun sim building simulator ? ''

The fuck would you want to build safe zones in a post nuclear rpg ? Anyways I guess it's fine . It gave you the option to customize your home any way you liked .

'' Dlcs ? Free or paid mods ( released by Beth ? ''

All shit , Nukaworld could of been great but like most of the shit having to do with this game , it just ended up being under average content .

La creme de la creme are the mods made by the community and the only reason why people should get the game / hold on to it .

It was made (stolen idk) from a NV mod

That still doesn't explain the abrupt ending.