I'm still mad

i'm still mad.

Attached: images.jpg (183x275, 6K)

Instead of wasting money and time on programming the stupid dog and quiet kojima should’ve made a venom vs solid boss fight in outer haven
I would’ve shit my pants but I guess horse shitting, bouncing tits and a dog with a fucking knife adds more to the mgs storyline right

>should’ve made a venom vs solid boss fight in outer haven
How does that fit with the themes or plot of MGSV?

>kojima should’ve made a venom vs solid boss fight in outer haven
why the fuck didn't this happen??? WHY?????

This is one of the best video games ever made

MGSV only has plot and themes for a few cutscenes and conversations anyway. It's just some loosely connected events designed mostly for dramatic effect, so adding another loosely connected dramatic event wouldn't be out of theme. That said, if you squint really hard you can sort of tie some events to "revenge" as a theme rather than just plot points, so if you really needed to you'd just squint at an unwinnable bossfight with Solid Snake as "revenge" by Cipher.

I love this game.
I hate this game.

Play the MSX games then, nigger.

Get over it, bitch nigger

It was the first game I felt like I had wasted my time with when I was done, I'll always hate it for that

At last, Yea Forums has come to.

>MC is supposed to be an avatar of me, my own character
>but I can't ''''develop'''' it until the game ends
>all the good stuff about it has been predetermined by Kojima

Attached: Kojima's worst idea ever.jpg (240x240, 13K)

It is the only MGS game I have played and I loved it :^ )

If you were given the ability to write every single thing about Venom, then the twist would be too obvious.

> no level editor, mission editor, custom MGO game modes and classes, or just mod tools in general

It's a good game, but it could've been GOTY if only there were more coherence in the whole thing. Companions for example, they're so OP but I can see the potential in them. All the guns and research are also there, but the maps and missions just don't justify the mix and matching of weapon parts and use of all of them.

There are still mods for the game though.

Then you have mental illness, game is great

While we're on the subject of Venom, I really fucking hate the "Punished" meme that people invoke whenever a character suffers in a story because Venom is a worthless nothingburder who seems pretty nonchalant about everything that happens around him

I still watch the trailers.

just... why

>4 years later
>still waiting for the real act 3

Because it was a fun game to play, all the crying over this game is about some gay story I don't give a shit about.

im sorry you never experienced that absolutely batshit crazy, at times dogshit, unique story that 1-3 had. people care because the first 3 were absolute masterpieces. i hope death stranding can give you a taste

I've tried to finish this game twice now.
I spend 80 hours in afganisthan, S Ranking everything and doing every single available secondary mission. I have an absolute blast.
Then I reach Africa and by the second mission I instantly lose all interest and shelf the game.

I don't understand why this happens. The game is basically the same. Is it because the desert is more comfy?

>mgs4 is a great ending to the series
>konami makes kojibro keep making more
>dumb faggots expect a masterpiece story every time
Why can't you autists just be happy with a good game?

But there’s barely any content. Most of the tasks are just time-wasters and fetch quests that don’t even offer alternative play styles to the missions, half the game is literally a rehashed higher difficulty of the same missions, the game world feels empty and dead, and it’s too easy once you get all the good equipment. Instead of having like 3 subsistence levels, I wanted to play the whole game like that, but of course the shitty mother base and forced online mechanics couldn’t be forced on you that way. The online is literally just rolling for 5 minutes over the same level over and over

Because it already happened in another game, retard

Are you ghosting? Game is more fun when you ghost. Once you get all the good stuff it’s extremely easy and repetitive if you actually use it. There is a lot of joy in just learning guard patterns and sneaking around like a classic stealth game. Don’t both collecting resources and guys for your motherbase, you get way more stuff just doing a few invasions online

>>mgs4 is a great ending to the series
lets not get carried away here

autism

>doesn't think mgs4 was great
>hates mgs5
Fuck off, Konami shill.

>100+-hours of gameplay
>never get to recruit or even meet the MG cast like SHOOT GUNNER

no one cares about your gay outer heaven/foxhound babies fantasy

>mgs 4
>great
Die

I care

You first konami shill

You know Kojima was forced to make MGS4 and hated it right?

prove it

MGS V is still shit and inferior to 4. It is inferior to all the main MGS actually

>a retarded game from retarded series was retarded

How hard was it to make a good game from PP?
>pointless open world
>grind
>pointless motherbase
>pointless revolver ocelot voiced by that guy, Everycharacter Ingames
>worst story in the series
>great mechanics in gameplay mostly based on farming personnel and resources
>lies pre-release

Attached: 14750851715090.png (400x543, 922K)

>game

I'm still too mad about MGS4 to give a shit about this. At least MGSV has good gameplay.

just use the mod to play as quiet

why?
4 was a dubm shitshow as well.

Attached: 012_0012.jpg (1200x1800, 1.02M)

At least 50% of it. Unlike PP which is 10% game and 90% grind.

The ratio of gameplay to cutscene in 4 hardly surpasses 1:5.
MGO2 doesn't count.

You can mod the grind out of TPP, instantly a better game than 4 even after you notice how dull it is after the honey bee mission.

How fucking new are you?
>Speaking about why he decided to head the latest MGS game, Kojima revealed that he received a number of death threats(not from CVG) after announcing that he would be less involved in the project. "The staff heard about this and got very nervous," said Kojima. "We talk today as if it was a joke, but at the time, it was not a joke at all. It was serious."
>"As a game designer, I'm very interested in creating something for the Wii. I'd like to run away from MGS 4 creation and create something for the Wii but unfortunately, I don't have anything that I can announce at the moment."
>"Once again I'd intended for MGS3 to wrap up the series, but so many people wanted to know what happened after "2". Things like the identity of the Patriots and so forth. I had planned on leaving those mysteries as mysteries, but people weren't convinced that the series was wrapped up.
>"So ultimately we ended up making '4'. When work started on it, though, I began to wonder if my message of what we should pass on to future generations had truly gotten through, both to players and my team. After all, I've been conscious of the fact that this really is going to be my final Metal Gear, which means the team is going to have to continue the series themselves after I step away."

>How fucking new are you?
I just started playing the franchise

I had something similar, but i got bored because i pulled out of offline mode and the game showered me with online shit from my cloud save

That whole integrated online component is cancer

>You can mod the grind out of TPP
You can't go fight FOB missions after that.

Well if you actually liked 4 you should know that Kojima was depressed and making fun of MGS fanboys. All the fanservice, the retarded story and plot contrivances, Old Snake, Cyborg Ninja Raiden, nanomachines everywhere, it's all Kojima passive-aggressively placating out at the braindead morons who didn't get MGS2 and still weren't satisfied after 3.

>kojima is a hack!!!!
>now excuse me while I blame him for the grind konami forced in
Why is Yea Forums so retarded now?

And nothing of value is lost.

I remember when I beat MGS2 and for some reason I felt that was it. That really was the true ending to the franchise. There were still some mysteries to solve but I really felt the creators just wanted it to be that: just mysteries. I always thought it was weird to feel like this but now reading that he actually wanted to end it with MGS2 makes it simple to understand.

>every other mgs has tons of memorable moments and cutscenes
>only thing I remember from mgsv is the shitty prologue done twice and the car ride with skull head

Fuck this game and fuck konami and kojima.

Don't be. He's doing aight.

Attached: Broken By The Scream.png (590x844, 634K)

If they went hard on the "leader of a PMC" fantasy I probably would've liked it more. More involved base management and recruiting. Make getting money less of an afterthought and really press the idea of having to make tough ethical choices to keep the organization in the black. A more customizable Mother Base with interesting things to do in it, etc.

Attached: 1543732920721.png (519x2378, 2.72M)

Who here knows what Ground Zeroes was all about?

Definitely not a big boss simulation.

Where the fuck is demon edition?

If they hadn't pussied out after GZ and emphasized the child soldiers aspect in the cycle of guerilla warfare, if they had kept Chico involved in the story and actually retcon'd his character into being Frank Jaeger/Gray Fox (which would have to entail a full MG1 remake for it to make sense), if they had emphasized DD's war against America as they had in their earlier drafts of the story and then flipped the perspective by having the player take out the body double among the assets you'd amassed through the meat of the game as the latter, not only would it have actually brought the series home, but they'd be able to project Big Boss and Co.'s infamy to the outside world onto the player character working for the other faction.
It's an interesting dynamic getting both perspectives, but it'd be the first time since and leading up to MG1 they'd be forced to convey them as the terrorists that they are outright instead of just flirting with the implication that they might be, as they do in Peace Walker and TPP, from BiBo's pov.

Kojima wanted it to end with MGS 1, and with each MG game after that up until MGS 4, where they fleshed out the rest of the universe to some degree. Revisions not withstanding, they had Peace Walker and what would be MGS V already laid out in planning when they wrapped up MGS 4.

Peace Walker's premise never changed significantly but MGS V's story totally rewritten and pared down in scope.

you can kinda sorta simulate it with the Infinite Heaven mod though.

>MGS4 shows Kojima's bad writing
>Peace Walker reinforces this and also shows him chasing trends
>Ground Zeroes shows that MGSV will have many casualized features
>Outer Heaven mod shows how many problems stemmed from poor direction, not a lack of dev time/resources
>people still don't believe Kojima was at fault for MGSV being so lukewarm
>people still expect a "We were just kidding lol" version 4 years later
MGSV honestly deserves to be enshrined in history. The absolute scale of mass hysteria and denial that it has caused by being such a disappointment is something I honestly think will never be topped.

Attached: 1508263583161.jpg (572x621, 59K)

>Revisions not withstanding, they had Peace Walker and what would be MGS V already laid out in planning when they wrapped up MGS 4.
>Peace Walker's premise never changed significantly but MGS V's story totally rewritten and pared down in scope
Source for literally any of this bullshit?

btw, if you didn't already know, MGS 4's original ending was supposed to see Snake and Otacon turn themselves in after the fact and be executed for their crimes against humanity and Treason.
This doesn't spoil MGS 4's ending, because it didn't happen, but allegedly some of the devs mutinied against it (erroneously, because that would have been a more fitting end to the series than what they actually produced)