I need something to tide me over until this comes out

I need something to tide me over until this comes out
Any recs?

Attached: Switch_DQXIS_box.png (300x486, 364K)

Astral Chain
Fire Emblem Three Houses
Senran Kagura Peach Ball

Panty Party

3DS port of DQ8

Dragon Quest 3 motherfucker
Ninja Saviors Returns for old school beat 'em up goodness
Astral Chain if you want a super cop simulator
Psikyo shmup collections

Take up meditation or something that will help you learn the patience to actually finish DQXI.

>240p port

Just upscale the PS2 version in an emulator. Looks about a thousand times better.

These are some cheap favorites of mine:
Death Road to Canada
Baba Is You
Hollow Knight
Slay the Spire
Chroma Squad

the 3DS port re balanced a lot of things and made Red and Morrie party members, plus there's two new post game dungeons.

NIgga just pirate the steam version why are you waiting for arguably the worst version? some of the new stuff seems cool but the tradeoff is 720p and 30fps

Yeah sorry they're all indies. Nobody in this industry makes AAA games $30

Dragon Quest Builders 2
DQ3 or 9
Super Mario World? That usually makes me happy.

yeah and every one of those changes was for the worse

>New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe (4/10)

They didn't even bother making any changes to a game that was already mediocre and boring 6 fucking years ago. Avoid unless you somehow haven't already played any of the other New Super Mario Bros. games. (disclaimer: I have not purchased this game for the Switch but I did have it on the Wii U and from what I've gathered they haven't made any changes)

>Fire Emblem: Three Houses (7/10)

Pretty good game. Enjoyable battles, best story of any fire emblem so far, best characters as well. Weighed down by being EXTREMELY fucking easy, having a visually bland and boring hub area, and being obviously rushed in terms of development (Edelgard path, for instance)

>Astral Chain (5/10)

One of the worst Platinum games ever. Combat is certainly enjoyable when the camera isn't fucking shit up. Investigation/exploration sections, however, are pretty fucking bad. One of the selling points of platinum's action games is that they have great replayability potential, and now that they added these plodding sections filled with lifeless NPCs standing in place and nothing fun or cool happening, that aspect is kind of ruined. Also entire game is way too fucking easy, except for the final boss.

>Mario Maker 2 (9/10)

Nintendo took MM1 and made it better in almost every single way. Has a bit less charm compared to the first title, and there are some tweaks I would make to the online experience, but otherwise a great game, you really can't go wrong with this series.

>Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes (7/10)

Combat isn't particularly great, but the team that made this are very creative individuals. Love the different scenarios and gameplay change-ups.

>Yoshi's Crafted World (3/10)

Another middling Yoshi game. Incredible how the first game in this dude's series was one of the best platformers of all time, meanwhile this is just boring trite.

Predictions:

>The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (5/10)

Link's Awakening was a decent 2D Zelda, nothing to really write home about though in my opinion. The remake seems to be... well, a 1:1 remake with a cutesy aesthetic. The added dungeon maker seems completely pointless considering you don't design the rooms yourself which is just a fucking joke. Add the fact that Nintendo is charging $60 for this and it looks like it'll turn out to be just an okay remake.

>Daemon X Machina (4/10)

Demo from the e-shop bored me to fucking tears. I probably won't even bother with this one.

>Luigi's Mansion 3 (5/10)

I've always hated this series. Barebones, unexciting, easy. Probably won't buy this either, hard pass.

>Pokemon Sw/Sh (7/10)

Looks like an upscaled port of a former 3DS project, complete with reused animations and models. Still, I like the addition of the Wild Area, which I hope turns out to be as sprawling as has been advertised. I also like the general atmosphere of the Galar region, as well as the designs of the new pokemon. I'm not expecting anything game changing or really innovative, though.

OVERALL 2019 SCORE FOR THE NINTENDO SWITCH: 6/10

Imagine wanting to play an inferior version of the game just because it looks better. Have fun with your random encounters

>OVERALL 2019 SCORE FOR THE NINTENDO SWITCH: 6/10
You forgot dragon quest though

i'd pick up an action game since you are going to have a long ass time clicking those menus. I'd pick up Control or Astral Chain if you haven't.
Memelands 3 and Link's Awakening also release before it and you can probably finish them before DQXI releases

STOP COPYPASTING SHITTY REVIEWS

Ys VIII

I made the effort of playing through at least some of the older games before I pick up this one.
Started with 1 and currently playing 3.
Real talk, when did those games become actually good, cohesive and playable without a guide?
I pushed through the first one without using a guide but 2 felt designed as a deliberate time waster and I hit the part in 3 where I hit a hint-less wall and will likely have to reach for a walkthrough too.
At which point in the series they dropped this formula or is it in every damn game?

>not wanting to enjoy the original experience

just because it was the first one, it doesn't mean it was the better result of their idea

Pantsu Hunter Back to the 90s

Japanese players of DQ1 had to write down a 32 character password to save their game.
The English re-release had battery saves.
Now you tell me, would you still rather have the "original experience" or not.
Dragon Quest re-releases only get better and forcing yourself to play the original is unnecessary and shortsighted.

Attached: 1564168762548.png (359x255, 214K)

If you sub now you can play wow for this month and stop around 27th.

How long does it take to complete dqxis? It's actually a good one right
Agreed on the Mario u, borrowed it from a friend, it's really meh. I prefer the super Mario world or 3(which mm2 allows)

I just got a switch, the only thing I got for it so far is disgaea 1 which is really good. Any other recs?

I wouldn't mind if the 3DS port didnt actually look like ass. I'll take some minor inconveniences if the game I'm going to play for 100+ hours actually looks good.

Random encounters and slow battle speed are not minor inconveniences, even ignoring the new content amd party members added in the 3DS version, it still is the most fun to play (with the uncensored and orcherstra mod)

If you were going to upscale the PS2 version through an emulator anyway, why don't you just upscale the 3DS version and have everything?

I would go for BOTW and Odyssey, which are two fantastic games. Also Switch has plenty of old JRPGs and SRPGs on the eshop so if you like Disgea 1 you'll find plenty of similar games. Also DQ11 has an 5-9 hour demo on switch, if that interests you.

But yeah I would personally avoid ARMS, Astral Chain (unless you love Platinum games), Kirby Star Allies, Yoshi's Crafted World, Mario Tennis Aces, Pokemon Let's Go, and Octopath Traveler

...I wish I thought of that before I started my playthrough

Attached: 1488322326631.jpg (508x406, 154K)

Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate still scratches the Monster Hunter itch pretty well and Capcom puts it on sale pretty often.
Then again if you were a Monster Hunter fan you wouldn't need to be told to buy a Monster Hunter game.

To be fair, upscalling won't make the game look anywhere near close to the PS2 version

Play vanilla DQXI while you wait

Portability trumps every complaint. I have so much free time between doing stuff at work and I can only play phone games for so long before I get bored of them.