These games. These ingenious works, and possibly some of my all time favs, that got so much SHIT on release...

These games. These ingenious works, and possibly some of my all time favs, that got so much SHIT on release. Imagine being a dev who worked on these games, putting their heart and soul into it, only to be told it's shit by "fans" because it's "different". So Nintendo says "fuck this", and proceed to make the """"New"""" Super Mario Bros series for years. Copy-pasted mindless games that ultimately become literally some of the best selling games in history. Fuck you, you normie pieces of shits. Every time I come back to this thought, I'm reminded that ultimately it is the consumers that have ruined the gaming industry. You have fallen for the lootboxes, the dlcs, the preorder bonuses. You're the reason they don't have to try anymore.

Attached: nintendo-gamecube.png (467x656, 721K)

cool story bro

cool story bro

cool story bro

bro that story was cool

They still get shit now. Wind Waker is unfinished trash, Double Dash is gimmicky nonsense, and Sunshine is the worst 3D Mario.

Double Dash and Wind Waker were both below average for their series, and their sequels were far better than them.

You realize the next 3D Mario was Galaxy right? You're conveniently mixing up 2D and 3D. I wonder why?

Also WW is the worst 3D Zelda.

But those games aren’t good.

> Also WW is the worst 3D Zelda.
Not since March 3 2017. It had a good 15 year run as worst 3D zelda, but it's finally been dethroned

As underwhelming as I found BotW, most of its problems have their roots in Wind Waker. BotW is basically a more self-assured WW.

>worst 3d mario
at the time it was but every 3d mario after has been far worse

>they forgot SS exists
honestly its probably better that way

LM is cool but short enough to classify as a tech demo, Sunshine has some of the best 3D Mario moments but also many of the worst, DD is fine but didn't do THAT much to build upon 64's foundation so it's just fine, and WW is a cool idea marred by its rushed development.

>Wind Waker is unfinished trash
Imagine being this much of a homosexual.

BotW does the few things WW did well better, does some of the things it tried to do well actually well, and fucked up in all the same places WW fucked up. To that end, it's the second worst 3D Zelda in that it's basically a better WW in practice.

BotW is my favorite Zelda game precisely because it's everything WW tried to be but failed at. I would have loved WW if it actually followed through on its exploration premise.

all those games are mediocre save for double dash but that was outdone right after with DS

It is and it's not hard to see how. Look at Greatfish Isle, the fire/ice islands, and the Triforce quest and say with a straight face that there's nothing funky about how any of that panned out.

>Also WW is the worst 3D Zelda
Wind Waker is probably the only consistently good 3D Zelda. Ocarina aged like milk and Twilight Princess was always mediocre. Majora's Mask is a novelty game, and Skyward Sword is just embarrassing.

Double Dash sucked then and sucks now.
Sunshine is pretty solid, its flaws are very apparent but not game ruining if you're not going for 100%.
WW is unfinished and too easy but still excellent.
Luigi's Mansion is again easy but great in addition to being a totally unique experience, especially as a Nintendo game.

>consistently good 3D Zelda
>large portion of the game is sailing an empty ocean
>last few dungeons cut in favor of more ocean sailing
>braindead and holds your hand even in the final dungeon
I hate WW fags

> Double Dash sucked then and sucks now.
This. The only good Mario Kart games are Wii and later. The old ones had janky ass physics that are impossible to enjoy after playing the newer ones.

I always thought that the double karts would become a staple feature of the series and when they returned to single karts with both the DS and Wii releases I was so disappointed.
The character specific items added a lot of variety too. Pair the double karts and items of Double Dash with the physics of Mario Kart 8 and you have the perfect Mario Kart game.

No. No no no. You cannot look at those mediocre as fuck dungeons, absolute glut of islands with almost no content on them, and extremely jank pacing (especially the Triforce quest, which almost couldn't be executed worse if it tried) and assert that it is a consistently good 3D Zelda, let alone the only one.

Do you even like video games?

They sold like shit because they were shit. Luigi's mansion was cool but it was at the launch. Everyone was expecting a follow up to SM64 and got something way different. Mario Kart is Mario Kart. Like who gives a fuck. Then when Mario and Zelda came it was too late. Didn't help they were 8/10 at best. Then Nintendo just farmed the blue market and sells outdated hardware at ridiculous prices, tons of peripherals and $60 first party titles. They know the 20 to 30 million market is what they have and they milk it.

They wont make great games again until everyone stops buying their shitty over priced hardware and they have to compete with the big boys again. Until then you're stuck with them playing it safe and milking franchises and being spread thin since they have to make as many games as they can to keep the dry spells as short as possible.

SMK is crazy underrated IMO. Has the best item balance and purest focus on racing.

>BotW does the few things WW did well better, does some of the things it tried to do well actually well
That's exactly what makes BotW a top tier Zelda. On paper, WW had the makings to be the best game in the series but botched its own execution so badly it ended up in the bottom rung.

>Mario Kart is Mario Kart. Like who gives a fuck
Millions of Mario Kart fans, ostensibly.

yes, WW is the second worst zelda next to SS because SS has an even emptier world with shittier gameplay. Even then the lanryu desert section is better than anything in WW

If that's what you want, sure. I still have issues with some of its ideas like the health system and swordplay, plus it's just as shitty at dungeons as WW was. So yeah, it makes good on the exploration promise of WW but it also makes its mistakes elsewhere that sour the experience for me. Not as bad as WW, but it's close.

>Not as bad as WW, but it's close
BoTW came out nearly two decades after WW as well though

Fair enough, everybody has something different they want from this series. Personally I never cared for dungeon crawling but have always loved Zelda games for their sense of exploration. That's why BotW and LoZ appeal to me so much and why I can never, ever go back to SS.

SS is pretty unsalvageable if you don't like dungeons, that's for sure.

Gotta admit, I've never played it. The SNES was before my time and the pseudo 2d graphics put me off from ever trying it

I don't care. It's like CoD. Recycled mediocrity. It's not worth noting like it's some crowning achievement. I stopped playing that shit after 64. The only unique MK is also the only good one. Super Mario Kart.

Zelda Collector's Edition was the better GC LOZ game

It's pretty different and it has some quirks like the item tiles and single player AI being cheating motherfuckers like they never have been since, but the course design is surprisingly involved for being so pure and it's the only other time I can think of aside from 200cc in 8 where brake turning actually matters.

This. People throw around the word "empty" all the time like it's a buzzword on this board but SS's sky was actually, objectively and literally empty. That shit sucked. It had absolutely no reason to exist in the game.

So many faggot contrarians in this thread holy shit.

yeah the retarded OP for praising these generally considered weak titles as masterpieces

There was the Lumpy Pumpkin and... yeah. The Lumpy Pumpkin. There should have been at least 10-15 more islands of that size and complexity if they wanted to actually flesh out the sky.

Not really. Nintendo games are held to higher standards, and when they don't meet them they are shoved down like the trash they are. Double Dash didn't literally revolutionize the kart racing genre, it was just a great game with good ideas, so its shit.

The real issue is that other fanbases give their own games a pass for the kind of shit that nintendo fans push down their own titles for, and it leads to complacent devs.

>Luigi's Mansion
Sucked, the sequels were better

>Mario Sunshine
Had some of the most annoying, tedious shit I've ever had to sit through in a 3D Mario

>Double Dash
Shitty tracks, even shittier gimmick that added nothing to the game

>Wind Waker
Not finished, bad dungeons, too many underdeveloped islands

GCN games are for fucking dweebs, what's truly pathetic about you lot is that you don't even try to defend them whenever you plebs get called out on your shit taste

You're even worse than furfags

>dweebs
are you from the 1980s? who the fuck says dweebs anymore lmao fuckin' fag

> Sucked, the sequels were better
Retard alert

You are correct. LM is still a game I play every year, I find its length more a blessing than a curse nowadays. Too bad 2 killed what made 1 great. Sunshine is based and it’s the only 3D Mario that I think comes closest to having the 3D exploration aspect work. Never played Double Dash but people usually rank it 2nd or 3rd after Wii. Windwaker is still amazing despite the lacking sea.

Awful take on LM. Everyone likes the first one best.

No, it's you retards for thinking they're weak to begin with. Unironically grow some taste you swines. All of these titles offer unique experiences and they're all good. You just don't like them because they broke the mold and have some minor flaws your autism won't let you look past to see all of the positives. Super Mario 64's a piece of shit game because of the poor camera and the slippery control, Ocarina of Time is shit because the items menu is clunky and clogs up gameplay with how often you have to use it and Hyrule Field only serves to space shit out further than it needs to be, and Mario Kart 64 is a piece of shit game because it brings nothing new to the table, the game never expands at all and is basically just Super Mario Kart with new tracks and better sound and visuals. This is what you idiots sound like.

>sequels were better
Dark Moon would have been better than 1 had it not been for the mission structure, and 3 hasn't even been released yet

Luigis mansion and wind waker are good but sunshine and double dash have big problems.

>who the fuck says dweebs anymore
me because it's the only adequate way to describe you fucking losers

just like every GCNigger you get called out and don't even attempt to defend these awful games, I'm especially interested in seeing you retards try your hand at defending Wand Wanker lmao

Nah even then DM loses what makes the original memorable. OG game has a fantastic atmosphere with the semi realistic mansion. Memorable portrait ghosts too. DM becomes so goofy and cartoony, which depending on what you prefer could be better. It’s like comparing Evil Dead 2 vs Army of Darkness. The first one is goofy while also having the spookier feel and tone, while the second goes full slap stick. Both are nice but one is what people liked more. Also DM is just way more forgettable than LM1, although that’s because of the mission structure.

Luigi's Mansion is a strange case for me (played both on 3DS back to back over the summer for the first time) where I honestly prefer some elements of both and my ideal game would be all of those rolled into one. I like the structure and atmosphere of the first game since there's less interruptions and I don't mind the backtracking, but I prefer the mechanics, puzzles, character moments (like Luigi waving at himself) and greater visual variety from Dark Moon.
At the very least 3 is looking to combine the best of both worlds so I'm hoping it is pretty good.

Sounds like you're the type of diluted faggot that only plays and talks about Nintendo while also having hot garbage and nostalgia blindness opinions.
You selectively decided to ignore the fact that Galaxy was created, being something that completely changed up Mario and took 'risks'. 3D world, while still a shit game in my opinion changed up how Mario played and had no reused assets.

Luigi's Mansion 2 was garbage, but also broke the standard formula from the previous iteration with new mechanics and ways to play.
Zelda is guaranteed to sell copies just from it's franchise alone, and may be the only game series your complaint about not taking risks holds and sort of ground. While changing its core gameplay with every iteration, the formula never really changed and was constantly recycled. But seeing how your favorite game is wind waker, which it's only unique trait being 'you have boat' but otherwise plays like the other previous titles, I can assure you that you are blinded by the typical Nintendochild nostalgia goghles
Maybe you should branch out and play and discuss games that aren't made with 6 year olds in mind you annoying faggot.
Surprised you don't have a Pokemon game on there too, like every Nintendo obsessed manchild.

shut up faggot, you called us contrarians when we agreed with popular opinion

Luigi's Mansion sucked haha, it was one of my favorite games even though it was incredibly easy. It was fun and it sucked, get it lol

Attached: XD.gif (480x304, 622K)

>LM
Already outed yourself as retarded. The GameCube original is the best. The mission structure alone makes Dark Moon inferior.
>Sunshine
Like what? If you understand how to use Mario's moves then Sunshine is one of the quickest Mario games out there. The only really tedious thing is the Sand Bird but even then it doesn't really last long at all.
>MKDD
The entire game is centralized around the 2 player per kart mechanic and you need to use it religiously if you want to actually play the game well or else you'll only scrape by. Tracks are far from shitty. Some of the most memorable in the series are from Double Dash. Baby Park, Yoshi Circuit, DK Mountain, Peach Beach, Wario Colosseum, Dino Dino Jungle, Waluigi Stadium, Mushroom Bridge and Mushroom City are all fucking stellar tracks unless you're just bad at video games in which case I'd see some of these being annoying.
>WW
I don't get what you mean by not finished. Yeah it had a lot of cut content and the triforce quest isn't the greatest thing, but that doesn't mean it's unfinished by any means. The dungeons are only bad if you're retarded and can't figure them out somehow. The bosses are fun and the dungeon gimmicks with Makar and Medli are interesting and unique. They're moveset extensions with character. What do you mean by too many underdeveloped islands? The story is carried out just fine by the main set that you visit and the fact that every tile in the great sea has an island with something on it is a good thing. It promotes exploration and really sets that "sailing the seven seas" atmosphere.
>reddit spacing
I'm not surprised

Popular opinion is that the GameCube's library is one of the best of any Nintendo system. Go ask anywhere on the internet. There's a reason people are clammoring for GameCube VC support. There's a reason a nearly 20 year old controller design is still being manufactured. There's a reason people mod their Wii Us to play GameCube discs. It's because the GameCube is simply one of Nintendo's best systems. People like you are either just bitter because you were proven wrong like every other normie who shit on "celda" or LM just because they looked different, or can't get past their own dumb way of thinking by deeming everything Nintendo "kiddie shit."

>Popular opinion is that the GameCube's library is one of the best of any Nintendo system
that isn't popular at all you dumbfuck, the only games to have a legacy on the GC are melee and metroid prime

Wind Waker is working on a second layer of hipster faggottry.
First it was hated, then the hipsters had to say they loved it because it was unpopular. But now it's popularity has become popular opinion and so a new generation of hipsters are shitting on it thinking they have a spicy contrarian opinion when they just have the original popular opinion.

The OG luigis mansion really is a lowkey masterpiece

>Ocarina aged like milk
Zoomer detected.

Way to refute the point, dumbass, you managed to dodge the entire point of the post completely. It doesn't matter how many tournaments the game is in or whatever. The point was that anywhere you look you'll see acclaim for just about all of the GameCube library from Mario Sunshine to Viewtiful Joe to Reident Evil 4. That's what popular opinion means.

>VJ
>RE4
not GC exclusives

Does that really matter? They're still good games on the platform. If you want to be autistic about it though there's Chibi Robo, Animal Crossing, both Super Monkey Ball 1 and 2, Metroid Prime, Mario Party 6, Paper Mario TTYD, Wario World, Pikmin 1 and 2, and of course, all that are in OP's image. Also, any console that has Crazy Taxi on it is great in my book. 6th generation was just the best.

To be fair, WW is shit, only because it's half a game made for literal toddlers.

>To be fair
opinion disregarded

>no argument
opinion disregarded

They're trash. This was when Nintendo made the mistake of making all their games for elementary school aged kids.

Gamecube fans are enablers to Nintendo's design philosophy of "take N64 game, add gimmicky gameplay mechanic, make entire game linear", which is what turned their games to shit for so long. Thankfully they seem to be moving away from that now.

I share a board with people who don't think Double Dash is the best Mario Kart.

Attached: 1566515945807.png (497x315, 232K)

It's amazing how such a simple concept as seat swapping was too complicated for the general audience. Video games are a good way of showing people just how stupid the average person is.

Video games are the 2nd dumbest medium in existence behind only TV. You have literal autism.

They are now because muh broad audience with an 85IQ

And yet they're still too difficult for the average person. It really says a lot about your fellow man

Boomers can't even figure out an hdmi cord.

How was sunshine a massive divergence from the Mario formula. The lack of the usual powerups and giving him a squirt gun?

Zoomers aren't much better, they only know how to plug shit in because it was rote memorized. Lucky for them they've also memorized using google whenever they have a problem, although they're sometimes too stupid even for that.

Zoomers are the first generation that is less tech savvy than the previous.

Previous generations HAD to be more tech savvy because shit wasn't "download an app, app does the work for you".

Zoomers still trying to justify why they like the dumpsterfire that is Wind Waker.

Fuck that game, it's the literal definition of padding and the HD remake did nothing to fix it. It's insultingly long for the amount of content it houses. I won't deny it has some good shit here and there but the game as a whole is a waste of time.

Daddy Dorf is best Ganon btw

Attached: ECsTnubX4AEDKU9.jpg (848x682, 20K)

Those people relied too strongly on the water jet and didn't do any platforming as a result. They took the game the slow, boring path of slowly water jet every jump, and were outraged when this wasn't as fun as mario 64 platforming which they probably struggled with, I know people with nearly a hundred hours in mario 64 who didnt beat the game

WW is millennials though.

100% agree OP Iv felt the same way for years now especially about those 4 games.

Tho windwaker was good TP and an adult artstyle would be better than anime chibi.

Dunno age gaps are meaningless to me since they all behave like retards.

TP and SS would be more Zoomer nostalgia. The generation younger than Zoomers is too busy doing fortnite dances to form a coherent opinion yet.

define novelty game. MM is the best Zelda since Link's Awakening

Nothing he said was false

cool story bro