Why is this allowed?

Why is this allowed?

Attached: 1567447847765m.jpg (1024x768, 242K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3zohNCizbS8
youtube.com/watch?v=LNUYi9KeXw8
youtube.com/watch?v=wlfyxWaeGCE
twitter.com/kaynimatic/status/1164596228379643905
vgmonline.net/jake-kaufman-becomes-freelance-composer-game-designer/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Kira Buckland
gross that's gonna be a mage yikes from me dog.
seriously the Voice acting in this game is the most cringey shit ever.

>that kunio design
looks nothing like a school uniform #notmybancho

I will never understand how "that one bitch on newgrounds" became a mildly popular VA.

That's Vee right? Mostly cause of Shantae I guess.

probably Kira.

No, he means Kira Buckland.
She used to be known as Rina-chan on Newgrounds.

>hottest girl voiced by fucking kira buckland of all people
please tell me this is dual audio

>runka-chunk still around

oh, huh. Wait, that stupid name actually sounds familiar but I can't place it.

>runka-chunk

Attached: 1413195762784.jpg (199x201, 10K)

who are these people anyway ? since when are game VA's important ?

I'll never forgive them for ruining Riki's hair.

i dont know who these mutts are. i just want japanese VAs

it's okay. He fixes it.

Attached: 1567316556742.webm (640x360, 867K)

>Asian men voice Asian men
>White women voice Asian Girls

That's "diversity" for ya.

lol, so this is what old Runk a Chunk is up to now days.
Man I haven't watched street fighter chode in years. What a gay animation.

Runkachunk was hungry

Brawl Taunts ring any bells? She was all over Newgrounds, so if you frequented that site you probably heard her voice.

That’s actually more diversity that you normally get

>Cristina Vee
Can WayForward literally do anything aside from suck her dick non-stop? Jesus christ.
I'm genuinely not picking this up if there isn't dual audio. A game starring characters named "Kyoko" and "Misako" shouldn't have an Eng-only dub

>American-made game
>wanting Japanese voices
Go outside.

oh boy. another thread full of incels.

t. runka-chunk

I don't know who they are.

All parts of a game are important.

Video games did just fine for about 30 years without voice acting. I'm pretty sure they'd be fine without it. It's like saying books *NEED* audiobooks.

Attached: 1498626490079.gif (216x175, 851K)

>American-made game
>not wanting Japanese voices

Attached: BR.jpg (291x173, 11K)

Why is this game trying to pretend to be a stereotypical anime game? From setting it in Japan to designing characters with stereotypical Japanese character outfits, Japanese name and so on.
It's like they want me to think the game was made by a Japanese studio.

Nice goal post moving.

It's a japanese IP, set in Japan. The devs are just cashing in on weebs I guess. They seem to have Arc's blessing, so it's whatever.

...so how exactly is explaining why voice acting isn't important in video games "goalpost" moving? especially since you were fucking wrong in saying "all part of a game are important" when the game would literally be better without shitty voice acting?

You know what, nevermind. You clearly have nothing worth contributing or you wouldn't have retreated to bullshitting about things you apparently don't understand.

Attached: 1461037642855.gif (245x300, 744K)

these are decent voice actors though, greg chun in particular. he did pic related

Attached: 1551341327795.jpg (214x270, 37K)

>Street Fighter Chode was 9 years ago

>It's like saying books *NEED* audiobooks.
Are you imagining fictional people ti argue with? Where is this person that told you video games needed voice acting and why are you replying to my post with your responce to them?

>runkachunks is still around.
What a shame

>looks nothing like a school uniform
It's literally his normal school uniform except the shirt is unbuttoned as he has done in previous games and he's wearing a red hoodie instead of a red shirt.

Attached: Kunio_in_Super_Dodgeball_Neo_Geo.gif (220x192, 8K)

especially since bad voice acting and bad direction can kill even the best written games. and when like 90% of vidya voice acting is ass it's baffling any dev would do it unless they have the resources to get all the voice actors to come in, recording actors together, doing multiple takes of every line under the oversight of director(s) to get everything perfect because that's what you need to do for it not to be shit.

>It's literally his normal school uniform except it's completely different
Shut the fuck up and never talk about character design ever again.

kira looks like a 20 year old leather bag

>unbuttoning a shirt is the same as wearing an entirely different outfit
Yeah alright retard.

So are all of these playable?

Do you not speak English? Serious question here. You seem to think that needing something is the same thing as the importance in quality of existing parts. Games don't need lots of shit. Not every game needs shooting or puzzles but if they include them it is important do do them well. Honestly again, is English your second lantern and you are unclear on the difference in meaning of importance and necessity?

Hasebe and Mami are boss fights not playable, but otherwise yes.

Kyoko, Misako, Kunio and Ricky are playable. The other two are bosses.

White women really are the most privileged people on the planet. Why are they allowed to voice asian women?

>Riki's hair
why is this allowed indeed

I was hoping there were hidden characters, oh well

Ya keep talkin like dat round da feminist mafia, yous just might be gettin taken out fer a night inna da woods, yu heahin me?

>"every party of a game is important"
>"I DIDN'T MEAN THE SPECIFIC THING YOU WERE REFERRING TO WHEN I SAID EVERY PART!"

Fuck off you lazy piece of shit troll.

Attached: 1529017994670.gif (420x400, 145K)

Because pompadours are not a hairstyle anymore, even when they're one of the main characteristics of banchous.

It got messed up when they kidnapped him.

Maybe there will be like a battle mode or something where you can play other characters, but yeah story mode is 4 characters.

Does anyone really care? I mean how can you people be surprised? We knew the voice acting would be bad. It'll obviously be distracting but I'll get used to it. Why do you guys keep coming to these threads if you hate everything about this game?

I’d take a dub in literally any language to not have to hear the VAs of the main girls. I couldn’t sit through the trailer without muting it

In America, voice actresses get jobs through connections. They don't even audition most of the time.

In Japan, there is a rigorous and competitive structure of training and auditions and NO ONE is exempt. Everyone has to do their best every day.

Attached: 1566480654732.jpg (1920x1080, 964K)

Damn, look at this manly motherfucker.

Funny no one really gave a shit about Runka-chunk voicing the waifu of 2017 but you guys are demanding dual audio for this game.

Attached: yorha-2b.jpg (800x600, 236K)

how the fuck does runka-chunka only manage to get uglier as time goes on

I played Nier with japanese voices

tales

Personally I don't think she does a bad job as Kyoko, the dialogue is worse than she is really, but literally every other voice in the game is pretty awful and I can't stand them. Misako's voice is REALLY bad.

>"I DIDN'T MEAN THE SPECIFIC THING YOU WERE REFERRING TO WHEN I SAID EVERY PART!"
What? I was very specifically referring to quality voice acting. Why are you sperging out? I really do think you are an ESL now. Do you need an explanation on how something being important isn't the same thing as something being needed? Because you keep replying to my comments about voice acting being an important part of the game with non sequeters about voice acting being unnecessary. Seriously user, what's your problem?

Plenty of people gave a shit, aside from ass that was all I even heard about this game.

>runkachunk
dual audio or no buy

Attached: 1445810344567.jpg (342x342, 50K)

God I hate that fucking hair

>Why do you guys keep coming to these threads if you hate everything about this game?
To talk about the things I hate about the game? Why would I talk about things I hate about this game in threads about other topics?

>Sarah Williams voicing Mami
best character gets the best VA

Attached: 1564863385585.png (2799x4000, 2.01M)

It is quite horrible. Some 2019 hair follicle massacre going on there.

Couldn't care less about these literally whos to be quite honest.

>In America, voice actresses get jobs through connections. They don't even audition most of the time.
This is why you hear the same people over and over. Companies just call up their usual group and shit out all the voice acting under 1 week.

user why do you spend your free time bitching about games?

Wayforward aren't cashing in on weebs. They are weebs you ignoramus.

bitch sounds like emo.
youtube.com/watch?v=3zohNCizbS8
6:19
you think this cringe sounds good?

Why show this? None of these people are even well known. If anything, seeing this may make people no buy the game.

Nips never had a problem with using English cast in their games if they were set in the West for the sake of immersion.
I'd rather mute the voices if my only option is English dub in a Japanese school setting.

Attached: 1445286030394.jpg (680x958, 73K)

When else would I do it? When I've got lots to do? Come on now.

Thats literally the majority of Yea Forums at present. You cant enjoy things and if you do someone is unable to accept it so they want everyone to hear how much they dislike stuff.

Aren't there still enemies with pomps? Why does Riki get that gay side shave shit?

*elmo

Attached: 1428746116448.gif (450x350, 209K)

I hope there's a japanese option (For realism sake). I pray there is.

Greg also voiced Yagami in Judgment and he was fucking great as Yagami too.

What fool played nier in english?

Riki's hair is cute you idiots

More of this generation can relate to side-cuts than pompadours. It's all about the selective market these days.

Go to bed kyoko

Really? I can only think of Death Stranding as a Japanese game where English was recorded first then had the Japanese actors dub over the English.
What other games did this?

Demon's Souls literally doesn't even have a japanese dub

It's almost like any sensible person played Nier with the original Japanese audio or something.

Murrikans can't read

Neat.

You're an idiot if you think that's even remotely true.

Either that or your definition of sensible is a lot more generous

>Nier
>Discussing Automata
Is this what Touhoufags experience when talking to secondaries?

Cute, user. Very cheeky.

Based Miyazaki and Kojima.
How was Resident Evil done? In general and for 7 and REmake2.

She's the voice director.

>game is a Japanese IP
>that takes place in Japan
>that features Japanese characters
>and yet it shouldn't have a Japanese voice cast
Oh fuck off
Don't act like it isn't possible either, ArcSys is also working on this

Can't believe I had to come back to this place after the whole cloudflare thing. This place needs to die. No real discussion happens on this site any more

>that takes place in Japan
But it clearly takes place in Japanamerica, user. They use the US dollar and everything.

>cloudflare thing
What is this thing that brought you back here?

No idea to be honest. But I'm pretty sure the RE games are made with english voice acting first, even the original 2

Welcome back and see you tomorrow.

user don't pretend like voicing your negative opinion on this site hasn't been something since '05. The biggest faggot in this thread right now is you and you're not doing anything to prove otherwise.

so this is why the game costs that insane price

Attached: really makes me think.jpg (404x270, 32K)

user I dont care what you think of me. You could die right now and I'd actually sleep better. I guess I just miss old Yea Forums. Getting old sucks ass. I mean at least I'm not you. That's one good thing

Since when is $30 an insane price? Even if you think that's more than it should cost, insane is an outrageous description.

>How was Resident Evil done? In general and for 7 and REmake2
English voice with Japanese sub in general but REmake2 had a Japanese dub
I'm sure that 1,2,3,4 didn't have a Japanese dub

youtube.com/watch?v=LNUYi9KeXw8
RE1 had japanese dub, but it was discarded.

Beat'em up and double Hollow Knight price

>I dont care what you think of me
Yet here you are replying. Have a good night user, hope you don't dredge on this post too much tomorrow.

Hollow Knight was crowdfunded and had their development cost covered out of the gate. This has to recoup costs. It's a stupid comparison. It's also set to be much longer than most beat em ups, more in line with typical regular game lengths plus replayability. Once again, even if you think it costs more than it should, to say that the price is insane is ridiculous.

Goodnight, cutie

Cool. So that makes Fromsoft, Kojipro and Capcon as companies willing to make English the original voice audio for their games. Thanks. I find this stuff intetesting.
Does Capcom do the same with Devil May Cry?

How long?

DMCV was like the first DMC game to have Japanese voices at launch, so yeah. Even with that, the mocap and performances are still done by the English VA's.

Is the dev still a thirsty fuck on Twitter? Does he still call himself cringe for being a man?

First playthroughs are reported to be 8-10 hours. They also said there's a good reason to do New Game+.

This may sound like a dumb question but how do they lip synch the Japanese to the mocap? Do the face cap actors perform once in English and once in Japanese on camera to get the mouth movements?

more than 15$ for this game is a scam
You can buy Yakuza (per example) + Terraria for that price.

Monster Boy does the same shit

>So that makes Fromsoft, Kojipro and Capcon as companies willing to make English the original voice audio for their games
This may not count but I think Nintendo does the same with Mario.

Typically what dubs do is just watch video of the game or show or whatever and try to match the lip flaps with their own performance.

youtube.com/watch?v=wlfyxWaeGCE

>you can buy years old budget releases for the same price as a new game
Wow no shit.

Imagine playing Nier with the garage English dub, how American do you need to be to be this retarded?

Just pirate and buy it when it's on sale if it bothers you that much

>you can buy overproduced older game for that price
Wow user, you maybe onto something.

for that price you can buy 8 beat'em ups on steam right now.

>Yea Forumsutists invading Yea Forums again

Attached: durr chipmunk voices are better cause i don't understand them.jpg (480x480, 51K)

How many times do you want to keep talking in circles? How many times do we need to go over that, yes, older games are indeed cheaper than newer games? Do you think this is worthwhile discussion?

okay... what about games at launch? Hollow Knight cost $15 at launch and that's half the price despite being the much longer game with arguably more value.

user, don't you get it? Every game that is cheaper doesn't count for one reason or another.

Oh cool a different circle to talk in that we've already been over.

>Hollow Knight was crowdfunded and had their development cost covered out of the gate. This has to recoup costs. It's a stupid comparison.

What's next, do we need to talk about how all games do not have the same types of development and have different costs to cover and they can't all be made the same way?

>the cost for this budget game that was made in less than a year obviously needs to be double the cost of indie passion projects that took years to make since it definitely cost more to make!!!!!
nah wayforward is just greedy, HGH was $30 at launch even though that ALSO had it's development cost covered and nearly doubled it in crowdfunding.

>Every game that is cheaper doesn't count for one reason or another.
How about it's stupid to say that because one game is cheaper that all games shouldn't be more than X price because they all had different sized teams, used different engines and assets, had different issues they needed to deal with, and literally every possible part of the development was different so charging the same for everything doesn't make sense.

CUTE!

Attached: 1547709504104.jpg (370x370, 21K)

>just buy it!

n-no i'm special shut up, everyone but me is retarded

>indie crowdfunded game vs corporate invested game
Why dont people just release all games for free? Who the fuck needs a roi?

Where's your source that this is a budget game with less than a year of dev time? Also, feel free to compare the size of the staff for each game and see how many people needed to get paid for each and maybe think about how stupid you are.

I'm not even telling you to buy it, wait for a sale or pirate it, I don't give a shit. I have no stakes in you buying the game either way. I'm arguing that the reasons you're saying the game's price is "insane" are stupid and dumb.

No, secondaries are an entire extra level of terrible.
Imagine 80% of the western "community" for Nier being comprised of automata babs who haven't even played the game and just make "2butt" comments or spew memes after watching a let's play of Automata and not even attempting to look into Nier or DoD besides perhaps a cursory glance at some shitty western fan wiki.
In addition, the memes they spew are from fanon interpretations of the characters with little to no basis in the source games or print works.
They also for some bizarre reason role play with their accounts as 2hoes acting in wacky fanon interpretations of the original characters wherever they post. They're likely also all t-slurs or horribly mentally ill femoids since trannoidism became hip 3-4 years ago.

Of the remaining 20%, you'd find 10% are "proper" secondaries who at least have read the official print works and bothered to experience the characters in a canon environment or are fightan players/fangame players that just don't care much for shmups and epic 2hu so freakin hard BULLET HELL??? LMAO wacky japan!

At best 10% of the western "community" has put more than 10 hours into the mainline titles as a whole, and I'd be impressed if half of that amount has properly beaten a single mainline entry in the franchise (normal 1cc). This likely drops to 2% for hard and extra 1ccs, sub 1 for loonies, and sub 0.1% for scorers.

If the barrier of entry wasn't relatively high, 2hu would easily rank amongst the worst western fanshits alongside sonic, homosuck, MLP, Danganronpa, and whatever else teenage g*rls and their fluoride and estrogen-filled orbiters pretend to like in current year.

HGH was a crowdfunded game and it also was $30 at launch despite having WAY less content than Hollow Knight and had nearly 20 times the budget

CHUNK!

Attached: Runka-chunk.jpg (598x900, 149K)

This but unironically

Attached: 2.png (965x660, 159K)

$30 is way too much for mixel shit with low fps animation and badly programmed movement.

B-BUT user, I HAVE TO BUY THE COLLECTORS EDITION!!!!!!

>with low fps animation
I don't even need to have a follow up response to know you're a fucking moron that doesn't know how animation works.

Also this is a "fake" Kunio game, so the price is even more offensive.

I'm an animator. Average 24fps. majority of this games animations are like 10-15 fps.

>Average 24fps
Yeah if you work at fucking Disney. I TOTALLY believe you're an animator and know what you're talking about.

Attached: 1549945779754.jpg (1368x1688, 240K)

>I'm an animator.
Link some of your work.

>Average 24fps.
That's for animated movie budget.
Or if you want to be madmen like skullgirls and animate on 1s at 60fps

have a look at shantae sprites next time faggot some of them are 30 fps.
if you have a look most decent pixel art games are 20-24 fps. Iconoclast, metal slug. it's called good animation it's not just disney.

Link some of your work, coward.

>you can't criticize others unless you show you can do just as good
I'm not that user, but come on, even big name professional animators will tell you that's a stupid way of thinking.

Attached: DzQCyAqU8AAfxo6.png (559x594, 44K)

The animation is, dare I say, buttery smooth.

Attached: EDL7zO1UcAAjncZ.webm (640x422, 351K)

>YEAH UHHHHHHH CHECK OUT THESE GAMES THAT HAD DEDICATED ANIMATION STUDIOS BEHIND THEM OR THIS ONE THAT TOOK 10 YEARS TO MAKE OR THIS ONE THAT WAS AN INSANE UNDERTAKING BY THE BEST SPRITE ARTISTS IN THE INDUSTRY 20 YEARS AGO WHEN SPRITE WORK WAS LITERALLY THE MOST ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY IN GAMING AND HAD RIDICULOUS MONEY THROWN AT IT
You are a retard of the highest caliber.

Back to Yea Forums weebs pls.

why would Iink my portfolio to a retarded bad faith degenerate like you?
tell you what you post some of your work then I'll post mine.

Sorry, all I hear is "I'm a bitch nigga who won't link his work."

Attached: 1504113741747.png (291x246, 95K)

so whats the issue

anyone can animate at a decent fps. 10 fps is abysmal and lazy.

>why would Iink my portfolio
Because you made the claim you're an animator so let's see some examples of your work.
>post some of your work
But I'm not claiming to be an animator.

she does her voices well and someone noticed, giving her the role of 2B and flinging her into fame

>I'm an animator. Average 24fps. majority of this games animations are like 10-15 fps.
because its a video game

>dual audio
This is a western made game, you DO want the original voices and intended script and dialogue by the developers of the game right? That's always the argument (You) literally make for voice acting

whats even the fucking issue

Only reason vidya didnt have voice acting was because they couldn't do it retard. If they had the tech to impliment it back then, they 100% would have

one of low quality. animations shouldn't be choppy.

weebs builts a personality around liking japanese things
of course, they're retarded

Anyone can animate whatever they want when there's no budgetary or time constraints. That's not how the majority of the industry works. Animating on 1's is not a standard fucking anywhere for anything that doesn't have an absolutely monstrous budget or something that has the freedom to take a decade to come out. That isn't the case for the vast majority of animation work in any industry. Animating on 2's is the typical standard for good looking animation that either doesn't have an insane budget or needs to release in a timely fashion. Guess what, animating on 2's is 12 FPS. The vast, vast, vast majority of animation you see is animated this way, and it looks great when it's done well, which most of it is.

You absolutely have no idea of what you're talking about and should probably shut the fuck up.

who cares if the game doesn't have dual audio, won't change the fact that the girls in this game act like generic quirky high school bitches, the japanese dub wouldn't suddenly fix their characterization to be more delinquent like, which would be the only thing that could salvage this boring ass game.

Attached: 1445808711394.jpg (250x290, 28K)

>game set in japan
>characters are all japanese
>not wanting japanese voice acting
Go fuck yourself

is it a deal-breaker though?

Misako and Kyoko were never at any point in time in this series delinquents. In fact, they were the opposite of delinquents. Please go away.

I don't care what you think I was just letting you know you're a retard talking shit to someone who knows more about animation than you ever will.

i bet you bitch aliens speak english

>just letting you know you're a retard talking shit to someone who knows more about animation than you ever will
>24 FPS is the standard for animation
lmaoing at ur life

Enjoy your fanfiction voices I guess

>i'm an animator
>prove it
>n-no, you prove it!
lol okay kid

Yeah, it's CULTURAL APPROPRIATION right, American?

Bayonetta comes to mind

That's way too much follow through.

What? The fuck are you talking about?

>doesn't recognize the move
How embarrassing.

That is quite literally the point of that move though.

all these nitpiks
this is what happens when you only get reviews from "video essayists"

>Kunio, THE delinquent game
>make a spinoff about girls
>the girls aren't delinquents
I'd just like to point out that when this game was announced everyone was saying that we were finally getting a game about delinquent girls and we should praise wayforward for that, but now that it's become clear that they are in no way delinquents, people are now trying to act like this game was never about delinquents.

You realise the girls aren't new characters right?

he's a casual who wanted the game to appeal to his fetish bias

the most important animations are the attack animations and they're below 12 fps.
further more 1's and 2's are relative to fps. in this case the game runs at 60fps then 2's are 30fps & 4's are 15 fps. so when the animations is even lower than 12s there's a huge disconnect between the game movement and animations. this game is of low quality and not worth 30 dollary doos.

Why the fuck would you ever play NieR:A with english voices to begin with?

it's like you purposely ignored the hoodie and killed half of your braincells in the process

All those soulless VAs.

Attached: image.jpg (605x526, 41K)

Serious question are the bottom two boys or girls
For some reason they make me think of trap doujins

Weeaboos are hypocrites.

does it take away from the experience of the game?

Are you sure you didn't mistake that with "delinquents' girls"?

Idiot, read the words I am using.

No one said anything about Kunio or the series.

I said Kyoko and Misako, the characters portrayed in this game and previously in the series, were NEVER DELINQUENTS. Misako HATES delinquents and is dating Kunio because she sees the good side of him and is trying to get him to change his ways. These characters in this game were NEVER the characters you were expecting them to be, and if you actually knew this series you would have known that.

Attached: cover_large.jpg (600x1089, 293K)

I am not saying voice acting is wrong, I am just asking who these weirdos are.

You underestimate how obsessed dubfags are with the talentless shitters who voice their epic anime characters in emglish

well duh, but the initial reveal just kinda proves either nobody who talks about this game has ever played the franchise, or that shills are giant hypocrites that will change their stance whenever new information comes out I think it's the latter since they used to defend the idea that the game might not be long saying that "BEAT'EM UPS AREN'T SUPPOSED TO BE LONG, THIS IS ACTUALLY A GOOD THING" and since switched their stance because WF revealed the game's length is longer so now they're saying that it's great that the game is long.

Why would anyone wanna play a River City game made by Westerners?

Why is what allowed?

HOW CAN I BUILD MY PERSONALITY AROUND JAPANESE THINGS IF I CAN'T LISTEN TO EVERYTHING IN JAPANESE!

whats with all these white chicks?

Because they're better than the ones that Japan has been putting out recently.

Attached: absolutely not Jimmy Lee.webm (1920x1080, 2.37M)

yes and lazy unpolished work means the price of the game should be more like $10. recently way forward games have music that doesn't even loop or transition properly.

wait for it, he'll find something else to nitpick because its important for him to not like a video game

Someone wants to play that game with me ?

Attached: 13572878964770.jpg (362x346, 38K)

what is that game

show me an example

>japanese franchise
>those hideous DA character designs
>these literalwho crackwhore-looking bitches as VAs
Yikes.
That's a hard pass for me.

>whites and japanese only

based

Attached: 1564519771827.jpg (680x796, 134K)

>>those hideous DA character designs
what does that even mean

lemme just slide in here and shill for a moment

Attached: EDcjVmuUYAE7K1Y.webm (640x388, 167K)

River City Ransom Underground

Attached: Paul wrecking shop.webm (1920x1080, 1.34M)

>Chun
>Japanese
>Tang
>Japanese

Attached: 1511579889034.jpg (640x640, 73K)

The new designs are better. The girls look like trannies in the old games

the trans lesbians are mad that the girls look like girls and have boyfriends

I like the style of this game more than RCG, but I heard this game was only meh.

last shantae game opening level song has a looping problem. just cuts off and restarts. new shantae game boss music just fucking ends abruptly when you beat the boss no attempt to transition or even fade or disguise it was made.

>The girls look like trannies in the old games
you've never seen a woman have you? because you're retarded if you genuinely think this

It has its issues and could have used more polish, but most of the complaints I see are people who are shit at the game or are mad because there's segments of the game that aren't beat em up related.

FACT: This game would be better if it weren't based on RCR/Kunio.

>Steam
I cant seem to find the steam page?

They're both, deliquents and zoomers.

Attached: 1567486095106.jpg (942x1355, 502K)

Yeah probably, also would probably be more well received.

geez the characterization in this game is all over the place

yeah it's garbage the devs didn't know what they were doing.
they tried doing clunky platforming and chases and milk dilivery missions instead of just making the game about what it should be combat and boss fights. It's also just slower and clunkier than the old games which is saying something.

>Sarah Williams
Nice

Kunio isn't popular enough for it to effect it like that.

See what I mean? People who are shit at the game.

Not really. Misako is the harsh one, kyoko is the silly one.

the game is just shit shill. there's no way to play the game that is not shit it's not a matter of skill it just sucks. the only skill that's lacking is that of the programmers in that they made something worse than the nes days.

Must suck to suck.

any time someone is responsible for a game in an old franchise and does something like
>turn it into waifubait
>change the artstyle
>change the protagonists
typically gets easily criticized, even people who aren't fans will question why the fuck they did shit like that. Heck I know I'd be a bit confused if a 30 year old franchise suddenly started looking like a hentai game.

Literal fucking weeaboo

>Misako is the true main character and wants to rip some asses open
>Kyoko is just there because she's friends with Misako and is just mindlessly going along with her

I don't know ask the devs.

Why would I ask the devs about why you suck? Seems like a pointless endeavor when you're right here.

>Bubzy 3D is not a bad game, you just suck at it.

But kunio-kun games don't have a big enough following for that to matter. At least in the west.

You know a nigga has nothing to say when he resorts to 'u bad'

Cool strawman.

WE'LL TAKE THE WORLD ON

Attached: yelling child.jpg (290x372, 21K)

CAN'T STOP ME NOW COZ I'M SHANTAAAE

Attached: Cringe.jpg (250x202, 7K)

Why that picture specifically? It was cute at first but now I sense insidious motive.

Holy fuck how can an opinion be so horribly wrong and retarded?

Because it's not your own and you're hysterically against being receptive to unlike opinions?

I like misako

Attached: 321308.png (246x757, 115K)

If that looks like a tranny to you so be it seems to me you have deep seated issues.

I don't see how anything in my post has anything to do with trannies but you do you pulling them from thin air.

Attached: 1567178926317.png (644x644, 18K)

She's taken

the post he was originally replying to said the old designs look like trannies which is fucking retarded because no they fucking don't

Yeah?

When you stop and look, this cover is kind of kino
>Kunio and Misako standing near the sea with the sunset on the horizon
>The picture merges with a different scene of Riki and Kyoko on a bike, you could interpret the sunset bellow as a puddle being illuminated by a light pole

Oh okay. I was being a smartass anyway so I didn't really expect a positive response regardless.

I'll take kyoko then

Attached: 01.gif (336x197, 81K)

She's taken

m-misuzu then

Attached: 321315.png (401x766, 188K)

>user likes meat on his girl
I can respect that

you have to go back tourist

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: 1562382789087.jpg (364x392, 51K)

wow thats fucking trash

You put that cop back where you found him.

This art style is great, this is what newer River City games should aspire to look like instead of continuing to use the older games sprite art

I enjoyed that game but it could have been a lot better.

I intended to play it in Japanese, but I didn't like how the subtitles loaded in so I just stuck with English.

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Attached: 1565574234845.png (500x460, 261K)

what the fuck is wrong with them? the animation is so sluggish I have enough time to examine the smear frames so they're not even doing their job. it's like that new battle toads game. fix your fucking animations.

Attached: kick 13.gif (336x197, 71K)

>The smears aren't allowed to be exaggerated

4 u

Attached: Nlv7wEr.webm (640x360, 1.52M)

When is this turd releasing so I can be finally free of the shilling?

It just makes me want a new Kunio Kun that looks like this.

>comparing this to battleshits
nigger you are retarded

Attached: aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.png (364x392, 111K)

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH

Attached: 1565389145480.png (269x232, 107K)

still too sluggish and choppy also is this webm just garbage? or are they actually missing frames in the game that are present in the gif

that's my edit. i'm comparing this

IIRC Devil May Cry did this with 1-3, I'm not so sure about 4 onwards, and I think Resident Evil did as well. Maybe MGS1 too.

fuck

Buy enough copies and maybe arc sys will do it, goy.
At least you can unlock the boys for new game+

Attached: 04.gif (392x304, 105K)

>Can't read

Japan wouldn't trust them with the main characters until they prove themselves with this.

The gifs on the website are just played evenly unlike how they're supposed to play out in the game.

twitter.com/kaynimatic/status/1164596228379643905

well that ain't happening, hype is dead in Japan and the western hype really doesn't go that far outside of looking at some fan art.

Misuzu's pretty stacked, ain't she

She's got all the meat.

>hype is dead in Japan
Not surprised. Asian bugmen can't handle a game with so much soul.

Inspect this webm and report back with any problems you find.

Attached: EDL4CWkU0AAQZBI.webm (640x474, 374K)

>couldn't even put in the effort to make pixelized ui
>soul
don't make me laugh, not even gonna comment about the fact that the UI isn't even consistent in art style.

>autist is back on the UI thing again
oh dear.

Attached: 1567379360753.png (500x273, 202K)

holy shit that's fucking rad

>It's like saying books *NEED* audiobooks.
books don't *NEED* them but it's nice that they exist and the book industry is better for it.

>artstyle constantly clashing with itself
>ugh you're just nitpicking IGNORED

river city shills BTFO
NOOOOOOOOOOOO, YOU'RE RUINING OUR AD CAMPAIGN ON Yea Forums
WE NEED Yea Forums USERS TO THINK THIS GAME IS GOOD BECAUSE IT'S FAUX ANIME/FAUX JAPANESE

>some twitter gif just wont play.
I fucking hate Twitter! it just keeps getting worse! so fucking smart of them to convert perfectly optimised gifs into shitty compressed mp4s (of an even bigger file size) I'm so glad I have to use this convient, totally Functional website to veiw art. SOO NICE of them to compress and fuck the resolution of all art and NOW GIF DONT EVEN FUCKING WORK. FUUUUCK.

SHILL THREAD ALERT
SHILL THREAD ALERT
SHILL THREAD ALERT

AHh yes I found it. it contains a cancerous dead meme from like 2015.

He's right the UI and mixels is fucking awful. if you do pixel art commit to it.

Here you go.

Attached: boss animations.webm (498x450, 773K)

>clashing with itself
It's not clashing when they're kept separated. UI elements and menus are hand drawn, Gamplay is pixel.

What's a shill, user?

Attached: 1567385359137.jpg (1500x2597, 203K)

He's right though
You'll also notice the shadows under the player aren't even pixelized either

>he

art in the UI clashes with itself, the enemies you collect for assists are drawn in a different style, menus and fonts don't match up, even the player icons don't match up with sizes and stuff like that. Why can't wayforward get graphic design right?

You think we would put it past the devs to be pedos? their SJWs which means they have some sickness their trying to hide.

Same, I hope there's eventually a pixiv 2.0 with no censoring needed and all the japs migrate to it.

Dial 8

>their SJWs
Hey man greetings from America.

user you post too much

Attached: 1567389796669.jpg (1500x2067, 145K)

Vee made his debut as Noel Vermillion in Blazblue. In fact, she did her role so well that she overshadowed her Japanese counterpart, Kondo. Even the Japs like Vee as Noel better.

SHILL THREAD ALERT
SHILL THREAD ALERT
SHILL THREAD ALERT

shame that the quality of her performances has declined heavily since her debut, seriously she's gotten worse over time and that's part of the reason that the only roles she can really land now are with WayForward

there's honestly nothing wrong with the UI, but then again I'm not an autist who gets hung up on these sorts of things.

Attached: phones.png (1280x634, 1.04M)

have sex

>chad bear case vs virgin cracked screen

>he hasn't preordered yet
There's only 2 days left, user. If you don't preorder, they'll run out of digital copies before you can get one.

Attached: 1567323460458.jpg (2196x2277, 257K)

where is the shill?

Attached: corppp.jpg (872x518, 31K)

just pirate it, WayForward lost all my respect for replacing JAKE KAUFMAN with a tranny for Shantae 5.

Attached: example-24846.jpg (1024x1024, 61K)

I don't think they replaced him so much as he was busy working on the Shovel Knight shit.

>she did her role so well that she overshadowed her Japanese counterpart, Kondo. Even the Japs like Vee as Noel better.

Attached: 1548647551012.jpg (434x575, 161K)

>age: 18
heh
Isn't virt's gf a tranny though. If not, I'm sure he used to date one. Not that I care, but you do so I thought you'd want to know so you can cancel him.

Attached: nice try.png (551x505, 756K)

>she does her voices well
>2B
Example unrelated?

not like Kaufman would've had to do much, just make another cover of burning town and the boss fight theme, make a few quick pop-like songs and collect your paycheck.

She's not even a tranny though
But yeah they fucked up removing jake from next shantae too

He's in your mouth, silly girl.

it's one thing to date one, who gives a shit, but replacing the dude who's been doing the music for your series for nearly 2 decades with one just for inclusivity is just retarded and WayForward can go to hell for doing that

once again

They probably wanted to save money

uhhh yeah they are, not the composer for this game, the composer for the next shantae, the person who wrote the opening.

hes trying to say it's not all pixelated like the gameplay, hes a fucking moron

I'm skipping 5, not supporting that shit

>just for inclusivity
user, I want you to take a minute to think about the stupidity of what you just said. I want you to remember wayforward tends to go back to the same talent well time and time again. I want you to think about how many wayforward games virt has done. Now you must feel like an ass so I'll just leave it at that.

Buckland and Vee are not decent voice actors, they're fucking terrible voice actors. The rest I've never heard of but Count was decent in English so I can believe you on that one.

Same. A shantae game not only without jake but with a goddamn tranny can fucking burn for all I care.

literally they did hire someone else to do the music for this game

yacht club poached jake from wayforward
Holy shit, that's low.

He's a fucking contractor, he takes jobs from whoever is paying. That's not how any of this works.

The point is they didn't do it to displace anyone. Virt has done every shantae game before 5. There is clearly a reason he's not going 5 and it's not because warforward wanted brownie points.

It was virt-ue signaling

so they timed their dlc to overlap with shantae 5. Same thing.

yeah, it's actually because he cut all ties with WayForward after Shovel Knight came out so he wouldn't be tied down
vgmonline.net/jake-kaufman-becomes-freelance-composer-game-designer/

>like anime
>decide to make game that has the aesthetics of an anime

lol so fags are mad this dude isn't doing shantae 5 because he left wayforward of his own accord.

>guy quits your company
>first thing he does is go work for your rivals
oof

>he cut all ties
Yeah that's why he was totally still working with them for Half Genie Hero, which came out after this story was posted, and apparently is working with them for Seven Sirens, just not as the main composer (again, probably because he was busy working on Shovel Knight shit). God you people are insufferable with your tabloid gossip bullshit.

he left to become a freelancer. WayForward could've still contracted him if they wanted to, but they didn't.

>but they didn't
because yacht club got to him first. Man I bet that stings. It's like your gf breaks up with you and the next day you see her leaving your best friend's house walking funny and with her clothes all messed up.

he's not working on Shantae 5, he would've announced it if he was like he did when Shovel Knight Dig was announced.

>like he did when Shovel Knight Dig was announced
And then you check your ex gf's facebook and she just announced to everyone that she's fucking your best friend

Well then his IMDB page incorrectly lists him as being attached to the project for some reason.

IMDB is never trustworthy, it's like Wikipedia, sometimes it will just falsely list people. There was a super notable story where it listed Vee as shantae in smash 4 and everyone freaked out

>Not playing Nier Automata in English dubbing
Who the fuck wanted to hear the characters yelping like high-pitched dogs?

Only a fucking idiot would think that Automata's English voices were good. Even the retards who praise English 9S still know that English 2B was garbage.

>being a bitch

Attached: 21323213213213213.jpg (431x431, 92K)

Is there any mute option for voices?

Attached: voice.png (964x538, 419K)

>45 dollarydoos for digital

Brawl Taunts and Nin10doh
Try living in reality. Do you really think they're gonna waste money to get expensive VA's to fly over from Japan to voice act?

>Even the Japs like Vee as Noel better
nice headcanon, dubfag.

Sounds fine to me

I NEED A GF NOW
HELP ME

>you DO want the original voices
I don't want voice acting at all. It adds nothing to the average game and is only a vital component in garbage "cinematic experiences."

I don't want voice acting in a River City game to begin with. Even Japanese voices would be a step down from my own imagined voices, so hopefully you can mute this shit or replace the files on PC with silent audio files.

Nice. Now I can buy it without feeling immediate regret. Strange that they aren't taking preorders.

So what are we mad about with this game? That they made the female love interests into the main characters and the dudes as damsel in distress? Or that there's no japanese voices for an american game?

>So what are we mad about with this game?
The rampant shilling that's going on.
Just like Indivisible, the shills just won't stop for a day with their shilling.

Only bad thing about the game is that Egoraptor of all people is voicing one of the Lewis twins
Like... Who the fuck decided to give that loser the role of one of the fucking badasses?

Attached: character_right_dot.png (165x275, 3K)

>giving Arin anything at all, ever
That's gonna be a YIKES from me, sempai.

Main complaint I've seen since reveal has been from jizzbrains who never even played RCR or any junior game mad that the girls have boyfriends at all.

>rampant shilling
Its probably just çumbrains/weebs/NTRfags. We have much worse shilling for literally anything else, just remember the AC threads.

I'm pretty certain all Grashopper Manifacture games also originally only had an English dub.

>Runkakrunk
fucking DROPPED. Maybe I'll import the jp version at some point.

Teehee

dont try, there is a guy that keeps yelling shill at every thread, even thou the game comes out in 2 fucking days

>Hair completely different
>No gloves
>Face looks completely different, from macho to generic teenager
>Goes from suit jacket to plain white... thing?
>Shirt is skin tight, showing off his pecs to hoodie

Okay retard, "completely the same"

Attached: c93pyttfxaq21.jpg (1440x1531, 82K)

It's a picture of 2B, you blind retard.

The day girls realize undercuts are just the men's hair equivalent of girls who cut their hair pixie short just to save time in the morning is the day that dumb meme hairstyle will die.