When you argue with zoomers, you're arguing with someone who doesn't know what this is

When you argue with zoomers, you're arguing with someone who doesn't know what this is

Attached: eo6ppkc45fs11.jpg (235x360, 17K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=l7Og1DuMu3k
youtube.com/watch?v=ZG8ZKwaC1jY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

pfft I know what that is gramps.
that's uh... a walkie talkie

Is that a holotape?

Attached: 1566293171488.jpg (720x720, 88K)

youtube.com/watch?v=l7Og1DuMu3k

I've argued with kids who don't even know what a VHS is.

>call me to this shit so I can call you back
I miss old tech

My father teaches film tech in college, said fresh students these days barely comprehend the idea of physical media.

>call me after 9 when it's free

Where... do they think it goes? Ask him to ask them, if he hasn't and you don't know.

My current connection is faster than the last USB drive I bought was. Physical media is a weird idea without framing it around dialup modems

I hate my brother for thinking digital cameras are better than analog cameras, he's trying to convince my parents to get him a crazy expensive one so he can take stupid pictures. I've explained him why analog cameras are infinitely better but motherfucker won't listen.

>father I cannot click the book

Why are you still getting involved with conversations between your parents and brother unless you also live at home. How old are all of you?

a beeper?

I'm not, he's way younger than me(9 years), but last time they visited me they told me about it.

what was your local beeper shop now? mine is an accounting services business.

I fucking hated beepers. Any time mine went off people thought I was backing up.

>Be me
>Had a beeper for work reasons as I was on call
>Give my friends and family the number
>Every single time one of them called they would follow up their number with 911
>Think, oh shit, somebody's hurt or dead
>Race to a phone and call them back
>"Hey motherfucker, you wanna go out to the bar tonight?"

Attached: DwarfBoobs.jpg (400x231, 71K)

>ok, ok, put 911 three times if it's a real emergency
>everyone starts using it 3 times

No, it's a pager, you plebeian.

Fatty

First responders use those every day.

Yes, that was the joke.

Who?

bullshit, are they braindead!

I miss using one of these.

Attached: PM1300.jpg (2612x1790, 469K)

The people who will eventually find your rotting corpse in your empty apartment 3 days after you off yourself because someone finally called about the smell.

I miss cassettes brehs.

I imagine it will take a little longer than 3 days

I've been trying to get rid of this CRT Tv I have for a month, no one wants it.

...why the fuck should they? I don't want to shock you, but they probably don't know what a LaserDisc is either.

1.08. Not great, not terrible.

Ah, yes, that formative piece of technology. How can anyone claim to understand life without even knowing what that is?

has anyone born after 1990 ever used a pager?

none of you probably know what this is either.

Attached: coffeemaker.jpg (1500x1322, 322K)

every drug dealer had one

>YOU CAN ONLY MAKE CALLS! YOU WILL NEVER BE BOTHERED AGAIN!

youtube.com/watch?v=ZG8ZKwaC1jY

go to bed /ck/, you don't even bake

>He doesn't remember They Voyage of the Mimi on laserdisc
I feel bad for zoomers

>that formative piece of technology
I know you're being ironic but every hoe pimp and drug dealer had a pager at my school. You were a literal zero if you didn't have one. Lawyer's kid had a mobile phone (one of those brick-like huge ones) and everyone laughed at him. Pagers on the other hand...

I'm 27 and I don't know what it is exactly. Is a portable cassette player?

there are people on this board that literally don't know what this is.

Attached: swagphone.jpg (433x288, 84K)

People do go camping faggot.

Attached: Mackinac 2012_0132impCC.jpg (640x426, 116K)

El burro por los coffee

It's an mp3 player

I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume it's some kind of sextoy.

How were you born in 91/92 and not know what a pager is? I mean, poorer people didn't have them, but they were the closest thing to instant phone messages circa 1998-2001.

>I know you're being ironic but every hoe pimp and drug dealer had a pager at my school. You were a literal zero if you didn't have one. Lawyer's kid had a mobile phone (one of those brick-like huge ones) and everyone laughed at him. Pagers on the other hand...
What fucking school of wealthy retards did you go?

>he didn't own one of these

Attached: 41ZPRPS40JL._AC_SY400_.jpg (498x132, 11K)

That was prime Nokia/Ericsson era

The only people who ever carried pagers were inner city office workers and drug dealers. It's perfectly reasonable that you never encountered one. This is a bait thread.

>Had 20 songs on mine
>Thought it was the coolest shit ever

I now have a collection of over 2,000 songs and I don't even listen to most of them

Woah, wicked sick universal serial bus em pee three player bro.

I do. It's one of those piece of shits that like to slice my hand whenever i clean the fucking thing.

Well, if a zoomer becomes a doctor or works in the medical field, they'll know what they are. Doctors still use beepers.

Not that hard since having a pager wasn't even a common thing back then. The ones I do remember were smaller than that and I'm older than that dude.

Because I was born in third world shithole.

I love video games!

Are you sure you work to help others?

I remember having some as a kid and thinking I was an adult. Used to always see stores that sold pagers and whatnot.

It was shit. Would have been much funnier if you meant your truck and the other user called you fat.

None of you have problem even tried these

Attached: Nik-L-Nip-Bottles.jpg (3050x2500, 2.78M)

fucking potayto potahto you faggot

Frozen pistols were better

I already smell like a rotting corpse though.

Zoomer here, gonna take a stab and say that's a pager. But why do you equate knowing what an obsolete technology is to intelligence?

Attached: DA523FCC-DEE4-482B-A992-D5D617CA9E47.jpg (750x730, 177K)

Attached: autism awareness.jpg (600x835, 65K)

>Why are you still getting involved with conversations between your parents and brother

...Because that's what a functioning family does?

I bet none of you toddlers even know what this is

Attached: 19245243-first-stone-wheel.jpg (1300x1217, 290K)

I mean, surely you would have at least heard of them. Or seen them when you meet fire fighters, police officers, doctors etc.

Who'd have thunk that pagers would be far more effective than a cellphone because of how it receives it's messages in a hospital where my phone can barely get signal.

Because that's what intelligence is? "Knowing things"?

You really have to pay out the nose to get data transfers that beat a good modern internet connection. Physical media is dead.

maybe you should go back there

>wax, sugar and food color
I wish I was alive in the 80s, I have a bunch of terrible product ideas that would make a fortune

We had decent cell phones and texting before the turn of the millennium. You expect people to remember a bit of tech that was on its way out before they were even in school?

That's the first Japanese yen coin ever made

That's a Tlachtli for the Ollama

The fact that you felt a need to demonstrate knowing what it was on an anonymous website says it all, little zoom zoom.

Attached: 73e.jpg (600x943, 70K)

Those things tasted like shit.

Grug, get off sunbox, Sunbox make you stupid like others!

Fred Flintstones toilet seat?

What's your point?

It's fucking weird, man. I sure knew what old tech did even if I didn't use it ie. b&w tvs, mechanical grinders, super 8 cameras, old radios, gramophones etc. Maybe I just like old tech but shit, we gotta know our history.

That progress in technology isn't always for the best.

>Trying to feel superior to someone because you know what a piece of out dated tech is
>People older than you know about tech you've never touched
>People older than them etc etc
If you're over the age of I don't know, 15 or so, and still think you're better than someone because you're older than them, you're legit retarded.

Attached: 1460169516217.png (346x360, 52K)

Wedding ring for golems

Jigsaw ribbon, excellent comeback

I had heard of them sure, but never saw one up close or held one.

I always saw them on TV, never IRL.

t. ausfag

I honestly still want one. Some dude told me I'd have to go to the local company to get it set up, and they told me that setup costs $1000 which is waaay higher than what forum posts say. Fuck those greedy jews.

But that example is objectively better, you're just a retard that doesn't listen to music you specifically picked out for yourself. I've got 3500 songs on my phone and I let them all play on random most of the time.

>t. ausfag
Nobody fucking cares. This is why moot hates you.

Nah, if you lived in the 80's you pretty much have knowledge of all technology everywhere since people in the 80's used everything from horse-drawn carriages to quantum computers. We were the perfect civilization. You are our sad remains.

>cool keyboard bro

Attached: my-amiga500.jpg (720x540, 227K)

Does anyone have the screencap of the /g/ user who thought VHS was an "epic maymay"?

The only people I saw with pagers were doctors, cops, drug dealers and pimps .

that's not what intelligence is, though

Oh god. I remember when we finally got those plans where incoming calls were free but outbound still cost money.
>calls you on your landline
>call me back so it's free
>hangs up

A perfect civilization wouldn't have been reduced to "sad remains" so fast

It's not that, it's probably more to do with the age of our parents. My dad was born early 50s, and he would tell me of the horse drawn carriages delivering milk to the neighbourhood.

>actually believing fake screenshots
G'day reddit, ya pooftas

Learning about older technology was a right of passage. Like my parents showed me their LPs and 8-tracks. Kids these days don't even comprehend a world without internet

>But that example is objectively better

It actually isn't. When you have an enormous collection of stuff, you don't end up using any of it, because your brain rejects all of it as worthless. Plentiful things are always worthless after all, only rare things can be treasures.

>You are our sad remains
I'm 35, I was born in the 80s.

>TFW 27 years old but have never seen a beeper

Attached: intel.jpg (777x409, 85K)

>thunk

Attached: B088E4D0-C91D-4E30-99D5-0BBDFA2946AB.jpg (800x450, 41K)

>skips most of them
You do this, don't deny it

Considering they were phasing out when you were born, it's not very surprising. You have to be in your 30s

yeah, the "ability to aquire and apply knowledge", not "having knowledge"

those are very different things

The simple fact is because they can. They get to have a one-up on you for literally zero effort. It's pathetic and childish, but you'll probably be doing it some day. Assuming you aren't underage, I'm sure you already resent the iPad-raised demon children that you preceded.

yes
Surgeons