Patrick Star is Sans Undertale

twitter.com/YoshiSonic35/status/1168437365993615361

Thoughts on this revelation?

Attached: Patrick.png (581x860, 437K)

Other urls found in this thread:

copyright.columbia.edu/content/dam/copyright/Precedent Docs/fairusechecklist.pdf
soundcloud.com/undertale-recreated/undertale-bonus-track-sans-voice-recreation
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Attached: 1539143450273.gif (250x188, 220K)

You're kinda gay, user. Not a lot, but just enough to be noticeable.

who gives a shit?

Attached: 1554698562023.png (611x854, 179K)

patrick in smash bros

Holy freakin' crap Lois it's Sans Undertale!

It's pretty funny I guess. I can see Papyrus having a voice like Spongebob's, except maybe not as shrill.

Copyright Infringement.

Do you not know how audio sampling is viewed from a legal standing?

NO
FREAKIN'
WAY

I do. You, apparently, do not.
There is good reason that every major recording artist asks permission, because every single time sampling is challenged, it buckles.

How do you even find this shit out?

HOLY CRAP

Attached: sans.png (512x384, 332K)

If what you’re saying is correct someone let Nickelodeon know so they can sue for damages.

fpbp

You can make a religion out of this

Attached: sandiego2.png (300x269, 59K)

On it, fuck Toby

I wish I was autistic enough to figure these kind of things out.

>damages
They'd have to prove it damaged their brand in some way, or could be mistaken for it. Realistically, any profit from the game/merchandising could be forced to be split, and the audio clip removed. Punitive damages would be possible, and Disney could probably push for it, but it's unlikely to be much.

laffs

I thought of this the moment I first played.

Toby is in some deep legal shit now.

The sample is less than 1 second and distorted.

>copyright infringement
>barely even a second of audio from one particular sentence in an older season episode
that wouldn't hold up in court

Note that under US Copyright law, publishing a work on the internet constitutes simultaneously publishing a work worldwide.

faggot at least have the decency to just rip the video and post it or link the soundcloud instead of shitting up this board with fucking twitter faggotry posts.

I always thought Sans' voice sounded familiar

Any duration of re-using or "sampling" a piece of audio media from a non public domain work constitutes copyright violation.
SNL got sued for using "I love new york" which had a duration of 4 notes.

How does it feel he accomplished more before 25 than you ever will in your life?

>implying Viacom would reference a tweet to take based tobyfox to court

This shit wouldn't hold up in court, don't hold your breath

If it was an audio sample, Toby would be obligated to disclose it's use during discovery or face criminal charges.

except, you can't necessarily prove its the source of sans voice. sure, it fucking sounds like it, but for all we know he could've synthesized it and coincidentally sounds like it. death grips gets away with sampling all the time and I have my doubts they go out and ask for permission.

It’s fair use under the notion of it being transformative
copyright.columbia.edu/content/dam/copyright/Precedent Docs/fairusechecklist.pdf
The purpose of the sample used is completely different than original source.
It is also protected under it being used under a small quantity, the portion used is not central or significant to entire work, and there is no significant effect on the market or potential market for copyrighted work

Also just fuck copyright laws in the first place.

stop with the pilpul, a fucking tweet isn't a reasonable ground to ask for a person to infringe on their own privacy for the CHANCE it might produce evidence against himself.

I giggled.

blame Disney for copyright laws. jew hating company became jews over the ages, ironic

No shit, no one would take a tweet as the basis for the case to a judge in the first place. What you could do is have the audio analyzed and compared by a professional and use that as the basis for your lawsuit.

You for posting.
Typical of an edelgard fag to be inept.

I fucked a big booty cuban ass milf tho

Attached: 346BFD9A-E782-4C37-9AE7-9E311F2F7B55.jpg (860x646, 242K)

If you are saying
>but he could lie!
sure, and if he does he might get away with it. If he gets caught lying, he could face perjury or contempt charges.
If you are saying they won't sue because it's just a tweet, no shit. They won't sue based on hearsay, they would get an expert to analyze the audio.

>Patrick's voice for Sans
It actually works

Attached: 1552996085021.gif (480x360, 1.93M)

I cant tell if this is serious. there are an infinite number of things that could have been sampled for that sound

Except there isn't enough of an audio to do that, specially because even IF it were the case it'd be far too distorted, and also in which case "Toby" would be under no obligation to do anything to produce evidence against himself. Again stop with the pilpul.

Attached: 1538803147362.png (858x440, 394K)

>the portion used is not central or significant to entire work, and there is no significant effect on the market or potential market for copyrighted work
It's entirely reasonable to argue that the voicework on Spongebob is integral to it's success, and that reusing recording from it without permission is in direct competition with Battle for Bikini Bottom and other licensed works.

And Yoby's charging MONEY for this blantant copyright infirngement?

Is Undertale and Toby in trouble now?

If a lawsuit got to the point where such things would be legally required to be revealed, discovery, refusing to do so would be a criminal act. Note that the 5th amendment regards incrimination, and has no bearing on a civil case.

>Also just fuck copyright laws in the first place.
how dare we not let other people profit off of other's work

>Yea Forums's comprehension of copyright law
Every time.

kek

I really hope this thread is just full of shitposters because the sheer level of stupidity i'm seeing is off the goddamn charts

Now it's making me wonder if every character's voice was sampled in a similar way. It'd be interesting to know them, shame Toby think the "mystery" is always more interesting than the truth.

The only people who benefit from the current corrupted state of copyright law are kikes.

>You: I HATE BLACKS AND JEWS!
>Me: *grabs your throat*
>You: Nani?!! B-B-B-Bane?!!!
>Me: *lifts you up in the air*
>You: Quick! Someone call Trump!
>Me: *puts you in a catapult*
>You: NONONONONO!!! PLEASE LORD PEPE! LORD WOJACK! SAVE MMMEEEE!!!!
>Me: *launches you into volcano*
>You:RRREEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeee*burns*

Why is this place so full of fucking brainlets. You people are dangerously fucking stupid and worse, you all think you're godamn experts.

>the witty meme skeleton actually sounded like a dullard all along
truly evocative

>would be legally required to be revealed
Except they'd need a reasonable ground to make such a demand, fuckface.

Copyright protection needs to last 15 years after creator's death at most. If you can't hold on to some measure of relevance by either making a new property or continuing to be the original and best creator of works from the old property you don't deserve to keep the license.

>that song with spongebob's stepping on the beach audio

baka

Based

That's still vastly longer than pre-disney copyright.

I mean, user could be 20 for all we know and end up making the next five nights at Freddy’s.

Yes, it is, that's why I said "at most".

They'd need to be able to convince a judge that the case should go forward, not something difficult to do with tons of money. As stated though, they'd almost assuredly need to have the audio analyzed first, to see if there was anything to the tweet.

No he's not you fucking retard do you know how samples work

>copyright laws always seem to get updated when Mickey Mouse is just about to enter public domain

Really makes you think...

Attached: 1566725227094.png (1471x773, 50K)

Try looping it for yourself it sounds pretty fucking close

SNEEDED? MORE LIKE DELETED LMAO

Attached: 659842368512.jpg (800x800, 117K)

soundcloud.com/undertale-recreated/undertale-bonus-track-sans-voice-recreation

I can't tell if you people are pretending or actually retarded. Do you also think that Sega could have sued the creator of Lisa for straight up ripping a voice line from Shenmue and using it as a music sample?

Attached: 1566914250095.png (748x629, 217K)

"Apparently?" What does "apparently" mean?

Attached: image0.jpg (900x1200, 148K)

Maybe they could've, but SEGA is generally baste about indie developers using their properties.

>not something difficult to do with tons of money
But it's literally impossible to actually get any fucking evidence out of it as no document is produced by the production of the audio sample that the developer used, in which case it's merely a request for interrogation and they'd have nothing to go by besides his word. Which makes the entire case retarded in the first place and no lawyer or company with a single functioning brain would go to the retarded extents you are describing.

who gives a shit about some dumbass half a second sample used creatively

you're all retarded

Viacom could easily win a case against Toby Fox. The thing is though, it would be a PR nightmare that demonizes them and puts Spongebob in a bad light. Zoomers and millenial adults love Spongebob, as do they love Undertale. To have Spongebob "attack" Undertale would be detrimental to Spongebobs reputation. The damage it would do in the eyes of the public wouldn't be worth the legal battle. For months, if not years, every single Spongebob social media post would be bombarded with Sans memes and people calling out Viacom every. Single. Day. Non-stop. Endless hate until they feel Toby Fox is avenged.

Attached: 1505965635908.png (654x515, 630K)

>no document is produced by the production of the audio sample that the developer used
Literally incorrect.

A few songs in undertale are literally just sampled from games like earthbound or star fox

She’s probably into gay guys

Sampling is not a protected form of use.

Do you even fucking know how audio samples used in games are produced you massive mongrel

This is horrible. I get that you're strawmanning but you should still feel ashamed.

You would need access to the original audio in order to sample it, meaning that it was acquired somehow and stored on a drive at some point.

Public domain doesn't mean that old things have to eventually belong to the public. It means things made before copyright laws can never be claimed by companies as their little bitch. Disney can legally claim rights to Mickey until the sun burns out but not to the old stories they do adaptations of. That's how public domain works.

I always did think sans sounded a bit like Patrick, Crazy that it was a sample from his actual voice though.

>You would need access to the original audio in order to sample it
Actually, no that depends entire on the software used and the file used, the original file might LITERALLY not exist anymore if the process of creating the distorted one overrided the original one. Again, you are a massive retard playing with pilpul and your own ignorance.

Fake and gay. Why'd it take so long to find out?

you can't get in trouble for using audio samples

Are you under the impression that the audio sample appeared from the ether onto their drive to be manipulated in the first place? Further, evidence of said manipulation exists, unless it was destroyed.

Yes, yes you can. Further, even if this fell under fair use, which is arguable, fair use is a defense. Meaning it can be used to argue a legal exception, not that it's implied or assumed beforehand.

yay larping lawyers my favorite

>Public domain doesn't mean that old things have to eventually belong to the public
Actually, it quite literally does. Copyright has a finite duration, and while that duration has been continually extended due to the efforts of Disney, it still has one.

If it was a recorded voice using a basic bitch mic, and then in the process of distorting it he overrided the original file, the original file as you hope it existed, doesn't anymore. So no. Many basic programs which allow for manipulation do NOT record the process at all, specially the types of software that a single indie dev would use. Stop with the kikery, faggot.

The single instance of the “ay” sound in one sentence is not integral to either Undertale or Spongebob’s success.

pfft

>Tumblrtale
Who cares?

Gotta love when the OP of the tweet is always like oh shit a lot of replies well here’s some other retarded shit I made please also give that 20k retweets too! Except no one cares

Holy based. I love both Spongebob and Undertale so that’s pretty neat

Damn that was a zoomer post I just made. Uh oh I used reddit spacing too. Zoinks!

Does this mean Nick is gonna sue?

they would gain literally nothing from it but probably if they cared enough

Man does anyone here ACTUALLY care or is this just fucking nothing

Attached: 1454371387651.gif (258x194, 541K)

>The damage it would do in the eyes of the public wouldn't be worth the legal battle. For months, if not years, every single Spongebob social media post would be bombarded with Sans memes and people calling out Viacom every. Single. Day. Non-stop. Endless hate until they feel Toby Fox is avenged.
They’ll settle out of court and Sans will be removed from game. Badda bing badda boom

There's literally no way to prove it just isn't someone with a really convincing patric voice that the sample was taken from.

>zoinks
does the most recent generation even have a cultural awareness for scooby doo

That's a terrible outcome that would not pacify the fandom in any regard

You mean like how the current system of copyright laws work?
Last time I checked, the current CEO of Disney is not the creator of 90% of the shit Disney current owns.
From Mickey, to Star Wars, to the Parks, to Marvel, and even the 90s animated films like Toy Story, the Little Mermaid, the Lion King, and so many more properties made by other people not named Robert Iger.
Oh, lets not forget about Nintendo, who took down AM2R, a free (key word free) fangame with new mechanics that set it apart from the obscure GameBoy game years after it stopped being sold, and then Nintendo just made a Metroid 2 remake. Not only that, but remember how the original creator of Tetris got 0$ from the original game BECAUSE of how the copyright laws worked in the soviet union?
I remember that too.
Oh, and almost every software engineer has made thousands of open source material to get recognition from it.

But remember kids, copyright laws are meant to help the little guys create content. Just forget about the entire history of such laws screwing over the little guys, or how the little guys don’t give a shit about protecting ideas.

>disney
what

Pajitnov started getting money for Tetris in the 90s due to based Henk Rogers

This puts to death all the Sans Ness theories.

I don't think you understand how massive this is.

Sorry, anytime i think of copyright, i think of Disney

Idk I’m a zoomer and I grew up watching a good bit of scooby doo. Didn’t really love it though. Spongebob was my shit

holy shit! racists just got dabbed on

So can Nick sue the shit out of Toby Fox? I would love to see it happen.

No because he didn't actually take it from Patrick, it's just a recreation.

>audio sample
>0.05 seconds long
>distorted
According to the laws of copyright infringement; No.

It's transformative work, so the answer is most likely no.
That's like using a clip of something in your monetized youtube review of something you don't own and having companies sue the shit out of you just because you used it as an example.
Granted, youtube's copyright system sucks dick and they strike content all the time and take the money anyways, but you know what I mean. Transformative work isn't the same as using the original.

im officially posting in an epic thread

cheers lad

Attached: CHRIS.webm (328x366, 238K)

If companies could sue for such short sound effects like that, it would be almost impossible to make almost anything 100% different from each other.

It's a beautiful day, Spongebob...

Attached: 536743a32329cea24ad8b4fa6240de94a905fffcr1-610-850v2_hq.jpg (610x850, 47K)

Cheesus Crust, you idiots with almost certainly no legal background are arguing about copyright law and whether or not a billion dollar company would even bother to take legal action against something so insignificant. All the while, it's just a recreation that's not a perfect match and San's actual voice is probably just some edited computer bip boops that you couldn't copyright in the first place.

Attached: Yo! Noid 2.jpg (480x360, 18K)

It is when its completely unrecognizable from the original work you fucking retard

Should have called someone else.

Attached: 1546498473429.jpg (1024x847, 310K)

Attached: 1557202256912.jpg (720x736, 30K)

>completely unrecognizable
Someone recognized it, didn't they?

I'd fuck that cat if you know what I mean

Holy friggen crap! Sans from undertale? Lois you gotta come see this!

holy fucking based

spectacular
winceworthy and bluepilled without irony

Attached: PicsArt_082003.37.08.png (2107x3095, 3.75M)

The amount of autism required to discover this astounds me

What the fuck does that shitty SJW cartoon guy have to do with it?

Attached: steven_universe_s_death_by_loulouvz_da224rd-fullview.jpg (1024x761, 144K)

that's the power of the SoundCloud UnderTale AU community (i shorten it to SCUTAU)
granted it was discovered from an account that tries to recreate every song in the original OST but it's still rather autistic to do

Are you surprised? Next to none of the game is original, it's referenced and sampled so much shit it's not funny.
Hell, Alphys' hidden lab battle music uses an exact same sample Earthbound uses.

steven after not surviving

is garnet about to fucking jump in the second panel?, holy kek

Attached: scot.png (448x653, 194K)

Toby has always been a hack.

Can we get this pinned?

How the fuck was this even discovered in the first place?

This is nickelodeon not Disney, the law actually applies to them.
It's fair use.

Nicks not gonna give a shit.

And yet somehow there are multiple examples of Disney shutting down movies based on public domain stories.

Because Disney basically wrote modern copyright law for its own benefit and as such none of it practically applies to them
And even if they are 500% in the wrong, it doesn't matter, any lawsuit that Disney initiates, they have already won by default because no one except Disney themselves has the money to fight them.

Get ready for Disney to fuck up copyright law some more in the coming years since Steamboat Willie would end up in the public domain by 2023 if it wasn't for Disney fucking with the law again to extend it for another 100 years or so

>Get ready for Disney to fuck up copyright law some more in the coming years since Steamboat Willie would end up in the public domain by 2023 if it wasn't for Disney fucking with the law again to extend it for another 100 years or so

do you think they'll actually get away with it again?

It's Disney, they can get away with basically anything

Fuck off Yea Forums

Attached: nice.png (113x124, 38K)

kek

yeah but now people are connected and actually know about it.

what about spiderman

>americans itt really think that companies can fuck with indiviual creators because of petty bullshit like this
land of the free truly
pathetic how hard corporations cucked you

Attached: may.sakaali_18580706_1553444411396620_378856131717496832_n.jpg (684x684, 105K)

it's more or less manchildren who don't know about copyright or fair use, but yeah we americans are a bunch of lawsuit happy corporate cucks.

b-but at least we can own guns, a-am I right bros ...?? America fuck yeah ...

In America they will absolutely get away with it
The question is will other nations go along with it this time.

God that was so satisfying, if Disney had just kept the current deal it would be fine but they got greedy and pushed for a bigger cut and instead of rolling over and taking it Sony just cut them out.

Popeye is public domain in every country except the USA. I don't think they're as cucked as we are.

>Hold on, Sans Undertale from Sans Undertale (featuring Sans Undertale from Sans Undertale)! I'll save you!

Attached: 1541128880998.png (828x431, 552K)

Kek

>people unironcally think that toby is going to get sued for this
C O P E

Attached: toby neophyte.png (871x863, 1.26M)

The Holy trinity of Baseddaism?

Earthbound itself use sampled songs, even has the Monty Python Theme.

Yes but don't bring that up or it might break the narrative. Let's just say it's okay when Nintendo does it.

Undertale has much more blatant samples than this that were discovered day 1. Copyright posting fags, stop being fucking retarded.

Attached: 1468444637660.png (491x585, 56K)