youtube.com/watch?v=43IWdsKFsUg
youtube.com/watch?v=IgE3X64YWOE
youtu.be/fxPKXfRRNAY
youtube.com/watch?v=OVoyGUcXepc
youtube.com/watch?v=LUjxPj3al5U
youtube.com/watch?v=GkRfvbiXLWg
youtube.com/watch?v=K-EI9wZpaZs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Attached: fuse_ps3-oyun-en-ucuz-ikinci-el-ps3-takas-oyun-fiyat-listesi-alim-satim-PS4-2el-toptan.jpg (800x909, 162K)

Still mad

You've ruined my entire evening by reminding me of this game

Was the game bad?

>Insomniac decides they want to make an original IP they actually own
>Sign with the EA Partners program
>Game is announced as 'Overstrike' at E3 2011
>Co-op game following 4 devil-may-care mercenaries with ridiculous weapons described as "Ratchet and Clank but with real people"
>Game goes dark for a year
>Is revealed to have been revamped as 'FUSE' during E3 2012
>Follows same 4 mercenaries but this time they all have edgy backstories and have to stop a Russian terrorist from seizing the precious fuse material that powers their weapons
>Game is 100% serious with no sense of humor and a complete 180 from what Overstrike promised
>Game has awful companion AI and a mediocre tacked-on Horde mode
>Releases and quickly becomes a sales disaster and is Insomniac's lowest selling game
>Is later revealed that the game was changed because during product testing 12 year olds told them that the game "looked like it was for babies" and that they wanted "something cool like Call of Duty"

When it was first revealed as Overstrike it was a very different tone, then EA fucked it up, just compare the E3 trailer to that boxart: youtube.com/watch?v=43IWdsKFsUg

i remember seeing how all the characters had unique personalities.
then they just became generic soldiers.

>12 year olds told them that the game "looked like it was for babies"
>game is rated M

Attached: 1558489112865.jpg (792x1105, 253K)

The retooled game came out as M, but the original vision for the game looked like it would be T for sure

Steam says I've played this game for 9 hours.
I only remember a kinda neat foliage cover-system, annoying shooting, weird fucking rain, and an impressive anti-climax at the end.

Attached: huh.png (960x960, 1.55M)

Attached: el-shaddai.jpg (640x737, 334K)

We knew so little about the original project, I never understood why people were so mad that it had changed, like it was some established, beloved franchise. As far as we know the only thing that changed was the tone and the story, so the mediocre ass gameplay could've very well been a left over from Overstrike.

I don't know, to me it was never more than a hilarious cautionary tale.

this needs a pc port yesterday

Attached: 2225013-box_hardcorps.png (800x960, 1.04M)

Attached: Rocket-Knight-Free-Download.jpg (500x695, 34K)

This game needs a re-release or a PC port badly.

Also it was deliberate on EA's part, they knowingly brought in the COD demographic zoomers as focus testers and expected them to give that precise reaction, which they could use to push Insomniac to CODify their game

Cozy game. Itd be kino on Switch

Attached: rodea.jpg (800x1138, 247K)

Attached: LAIR.jpg (938x1080, 183K)

While it does look better than the final product, and the art direction is nice, the game still looks rather generic

Not a single human alive remembers this game.

Attached: 914qKX-o+PL._SX466_.jpg (466x536, 73K)

Attached: 10606811-1351877957-435697.jpg (841x960, 211K)

this game still lives rent free in smashfags' heads to this day.

MINDJIM

Remember me?

Attached: 2ED1E4B6-68F9-45A3-B320-83BC5A3CC924.jpg (1000x1000, 143K)

You’re the one who brought up Smash. The game sucked.

How could I forget the cybergorillas?

The Konami Rebirth trilogy on WiiWare.

Attached: cover-ps3-dead-to-rights-retribution.jpg (1529x1758, 453K)

what were the most forgotten DS/PSP games?

All of them

Even Platinum fans forget this one.

Attached: AR_PS3_PACK-FRONT1.jpg (1000x1152, 361K)

HALO KILLER

Attached: 1554738679574.jpg (361x450, 34K)

Jet fucking Brody

Attached: ps3_fracture-110214.jpg (300x300, 31K)

I was hoping someone would post this

Attached: file.png (1300x1500, 3.25M)

God, last gen was fucking awful. Say what you will about this gen with the awful AAA business practices, at least we have plenty of good indie and AA games.

Attached: Bionic_Commando_PC_esrb.jpg (1000x1411, 228K)

It's like Devil May Cry as a kart racer.

This and BlazBlue are the only games Daisuke Ishiwatari has composed for outside of Guilty Gear. They sound like B-sides to his real good shit but they're still 9/10 tracks because Daisuke is a god.

Attached: 250px-ExciteBotBox.jpg (250x352, 28K)

Attached: eagames.jpg (1280x903, 415K)

Attached: 135441-enemy-territory-quake-wars-windows-front-cover.jpg (800x1148, 178K)

it's a shame there wasn't a lot of offline content. the core gameplay was pretty fun. a more refined sequel could make this one of the all time greats.

Didn't like Bionic Commando reboot, but I thought this was pretty decent.

Attached: 279063-strider-playstation-3-front-cover.jpg (800x800, 107K)

Attached: file.png (960x960, 1.38M)

i would've enjoyed this more if the PC version didn't crash on me all the time.

Oddly enough the original game would have gone well with todays 12 year old’s that play Fortnite all day. The original Overstrike concept was just too early in that age of brown and bloom shooters.

as much as I have nostalgia for it, 7th gen was so bloated with trash gritty CoD-like games like pic related

this too

Attached: infinnite_space_esrb.jpg (1000x896, 190K)

Attached: file.png (271x377, 233K)

Attached: 5660-disaster-day-of-crisis-old-full.jpg (500x772, 180K)

Rearmed wasn't bad.

I really fucking hate this industry
That a single bomb would completely implode a studio with some of the greatest minds in micro optimization.
They should have at least been given a second chance.

Attached: file.png (736x876, 1.54M)

The story and world for this was pretty great, it's just the combat that was really clunky. I enjoyed it.

Mind Jack is FUCKING
FUCKING
FUCKING
BAD
BAD
BAD
BAD

I listen to the soundtrack at the gym every time I'm there

I had a lot of fun with the beta. But that died on the vine sadly.

Attached: file.png (425x425, 426K)

>Rated T
>Downplayed the fatalities
Mortal Kombat was in a weird position back then.

>make a multiplayer game
>release it right between Halo 3 and CoD4
Was actually a fun game but online was dead within weeks. Really shot themselves in the foot with their timing.

Youre going to make me cry

just beat that game today, after wanting to play it for 10 years, I really wished it came out over here in the US. Just because Reggie didn't like, no one in America was able to play it.

Attached: 1558591125535.jpg (480x360, 8K)

Attached: file.png (315x445, 376K)

Attached: 250px-FuzionFrenzy2Cover.jpg (250x352, 38K)

Attached: cover_large.jpg (600x843, 233K)

Do cancelled games count?

youtube.com/watch?v=IgE3X64YWOE

Attached: file.png (1080x480, 1.34M)

This wasn't the greatest game but I enjoyed it. It might be one of the last games I both rented and saw the review for on X-Play. Main character was cute and had a nice butt

Attached: 150915-velvet-assassin-xbox-360-front-cover[1].jpg (800x1129, 109K)

Attached: ps3-modnation.jpg (350x403, 50K)

;__;

Attached: file.png (1058x1500, 3.54M)

i remember busting a nut on this one while me parents were away.

Attached: 51vH8ECDJDL._SY445_.jpg (315x445, 34K)

Her design is simple but just looks really good

Attached: Velvet Assassin.jpg (483x600, 126K)

lol no, it got a port

Attached: 91Dw207PKUL._SL1500_.jpg (1061x1500, 385K)

Take that back user.

Hey Yea Forums, I'm trying to remember this shitty looking game I saw a long time ago. It had a neko cat girl as the protagonist and she had pink hair. I think she was a ninja. Everything was in 3d but it was a 2d sidescroller game with some platforming. Can anyone remember what it was called? I remember seeing it years ago on Inside Gaming when Bruce, James, and Adam were still playing games there.

Attached: Fat bitch.webm (640x480, 1.12M)

Attached: splosion-man-e1474060003641.jpg (1080x608, 121K)

Sounds like Blade Kitten

It can't be forgotten because I'll never forget it.

Yeah that looks like the game I was thinking about alright. Thanks!

Attached: seal in car.webm (852x480, 2.6M)

is helldivers last gen and forgotten enough?

I remember the damage control they disguised as a “tutorial video” after reviewers slammed it to hell and back.

youtu.be/fxPKXfRRNAY

Attached: 1557489171768.jpg (558x640, 58K)

>2015
>last gen

Not even just Fortnite but Overwatch. I still wonder if Insomnia is kicking themselves over FUSE.

>No 'Splosion Man on PC
>Only Ms. 'Splosion Man

Come on Microsoft throw me a fucking bone here

I remember actually really liking the demo

did it make you wet?

The quintessential forgotten seventh gen game

Attached: Majin.jpg (1111x1280, 349K)

Yes, soaked in my own cum

Attached: huh.png (600x600, 125K)

That game was fucking awesome in coop

does anyone actually know why this got a port?

Attached: 220px-Bulletwitchcover.jpg (220x308, 39K)

Attached: 91i6QDAj12L._SL1500_.jpg (1191x1500, 234K)

One of the most broken pieces of shit I've ever played. I was constantly running into game breaking issues, e.g. AI that triggered for no reason, scripted events that weren't firing, etc., etc. And it's checkpoint based so every time the game breaks all you can do is reload the checkpoint and try again and just hope it works this time. For some stupid reason I bought one of the sequels several years later. My computer died during my first session of playing it. Like completely died. Catastrophic hardware failure. MB and GPU dead. I don't think the game actually broke my computer but it's just funny to me how much bad luck I've had with this franchise.

Alright I did forgot that game even existed

Was that ever re-released under a different name? I've seriously never heard of this game before.

Attached: 129_ja_ds.jpg (400x360, 185K)

>I've seriously never heard of this game before.
Pretty sure it was an early 360 exclusive release. That's probably why.

Well yeah. I doubt DC wanted Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman to be violently torn to shreds in a thousand disturbing ways.

I played the demo a bit, it was weird at the time because there was like three games with vin diesel coming out all at once.
Amazing, needed a sequel
Absolute garbage gameplay, fun story.
Always wanted to play this while I was going through a watch of LOGH and crest of the stars at the same time.
Would've been better if they'd just totally ripped off smash

Anyone play this? how was it? I remember hearing how ridiculous it sounded when they talked about it on the 1up Show podcast and been wanting to try to get a copy for my PS3 ever since.

Attached: Stranglehdcov.jpg (284x351, 16K)

Listen to I know a lot of you hate Seventh Generation but many games were good/fun/enjoyable and because you think many weren't good that actually were pushed to become underground status and then later on you found out that they were actually good games

Attached: 1566131993054.jpg (481x856, 113K)

I don't care what anyone says, I loved this game. The story was good, it was fun to play, and the soundtrack was genuinely fantastic.

make sure you play in surround sound if you can, the ps3 version has an audio glitch if you use any other way of outputting sound where it sounds muffled and corrupted

its fine, like a max payne game that existed between 2 and 3 except based iin hong kong action. super dumb story and voice acting but that makes it fun. worth playing for $5

Anyone still remember this?

Attached: bionic_commando_ps3.jpg (513x598, 46K)

Really wanted this to be good.

Attached: MonsterMadness.png (263x377, 197K)

I remember that his robot arm was his wife

Really fun to play. Really dumb twist at the end.

I miss summer of arcade

Attached: 256px-Insanely_Twisted_Shadow_Planet_cover.jpg (256x306, 17K)

It was fun. It was basically like Max Payne but set in Hong Kong. Worth finding a used copy.

>mandatory tutorial at the start
that really put me off from ever picking it back up

aye, cool just had my ps3 modded so ill see if theres a solution for that

>Jumping is done with the L3 button
unforgivable

Attached: 81nBq0FGpLL._SL1500_[1].jpg (1064x1500, 166K)

It has an almost interesting concept and then completely ruins it. I can't wait for Mindjim 2: The Jimining.

Good game. Binary Domain is better.

Is this a legit good game?

The gimmick of only metered attacks can take lives played like shit. I hated this piece of shit

I'm still playing through it

>check her twitter
>half her media is nonstop spam replies to Kanye and Trump, other half is "subscribe to onlyfans" gifs
god damn

It's okay. Frustrating at times, especially early on because sometimes it throws you into random encounter battles you can't win, you can't escape, and they aren't the "oh you were supposed to lose" kind

Wanna hear Mickey Rourke rap over credits?

youtube.com/watch?v=OVoyGUcXepc

Attached: rogue-warrior 360.jpg (400x284, 16K)

This game is infamous because it killed Grin and it became rather public that Capcom and the devs butted heads a lot. Capcom just blamed the devs but the devs maintain that is not the game they wanted to make at all, Capcom micromanaged the fuck out of the project and vetoed pretty much every idea the western dev studio came up with on principle. It's a very common story in the industry. Jap publishers don't trust western devs at all, or they are just being outright racist, and so take full control of these projects and then when the project inevitably winds up being utter shit the Japs turn around and completely disown the thing and blame the devs. As much as the western industry doesn't care much for western publishers they care a lot less for Jap publishers.

I actually really liked this aside from the load times. Has there been a better map editor for a kart racer game since then?

fuck off inafune

You never played this game. You'd just sometimes see it at the independent game store, on sale.

Attached: Deathsmiles.jpg (250x355, 53K)

I remember this being a big deal in my friend group for some reason back in the day

>YWN live in the timeline where dark sector was actually well received, and DE would continue with fun single player games instead of whoreframe

the "murder cute insufferable things" genre is seriously untapped gold

Attached: razes-hell-a94feafb-6fe1-4007-8886-8a4ae4a19b8-resize-750[1].jpg (750x501, 108K)

I loved this. Truly both a product of time and way ahead of it. I won a free game once too. I can't believe they've never tried to anything like it since.

If you got picked to be THE ONE, you could win Microsoft Points and other shit.

>original xbox
>last gen

sequel was fun too
also darwinia

Attached: dickslosher.jpg (300x410, 19K)

Based Fréderica poster

i-its 2011 still right..? where am i..

I could never get over the disgusting smudge-like filter they use in their games.

Same. Remember seeing the gameplay from like e3 or something and wanting to play it. Seems like kind of a dumb concept in retrospect

Attached: ae.jpg (750x935, 67K)

That airplane scene.

The 100 could also win random prizes too. I remember winning an XBLA game from it.

Attached: 81+LqGUx2KL._SX385_.jpg (385x443, 43K)

I fondly remember playing the demo for darwinia a fuck ton because it was my own steam account as like a 9 year old and couldn't buy it on my own yet
Might see if it's still on the steam store

What the fuck are you talking about? Inafune is one of the people who blamed the devs. I'm defending them. Go ask IO or Eidos how much fun it was to work with Square. Go ask Rebellion how much fun it was to work with Konami. Just ask any fucking western dev who has worked with a Jap publisher how much fun it is. The Jap publishers may be alright to Jap devs but they're dicks to the western devs and they are so quick to absolve themselves of any responsibility for the things they, and only they, are specifically responsible for.

>Only had a 360
>360 version was broken

Parody games don't really work when the gameplay is ass.

Attached: 161732-eat-lead-the-return-of-matt-hazard-xbox-360-front-cover[1].jpg (800x1141, 201K)

yep, demo is still there too.

Attached: 910YB3tlNdL._AC_SL1500_.jpg (1064x1500, 399K)

RIP

Attached: twisted-metal-ps3-fisico-D_NQ_NP_929489-MLA28701245882_112018-F[1].jpg (1200x653, 242K)

You two have to get married now.

Anyone else think Overstrike could have been Overwatch before Overwatch even existed?

It might is it was at least still funny. But when you aren't funny AND your gameplay sucks then you're just a shit game.

I played this; it was great. I even bought the limited edition for the faceplate that I can't use because I have a newer 360

? there's an anarchy reigns thread with servers every week

Comparing something like Bionic Commando 2009 to Capcom's treatment of DmC feels weird in hindsight. Maybe it was because there was the old guard helping out that made them more positive towards it.

I want a sequel/remaster/whatever so fucking bad

Attached: shadowrun.jpg (1565x2236, 3.07M)

>The servers were shut down about a year ago
>Can't buy any of the DLC items off of the playstation store anymore

Fuck I'm mad

Attached: 1564931493195.png (322x527, 148K)

Talk to Yea Forums about it and you'd think the BC series started with Bad Company 2 since 1 was a console exclusive.

1 had such a fun story and they completely fucked it all up for 2.

>Newest member in Bad Company, a bunch of fuck ups sent on suicide missions
>They find Russians are hiring mercenaries using gold
>Okay, fuck the army, fuck the US, let's get all the gold and run away
>Even multiplayer is about this (MAI TAIS AND MAUI, BOYS! WE'RE RICH!)

>2 comes out
>Bad Company are now loyal again for some reason
>Also they are hyper elite black ops
>No gold
>No mercenaries

Attached: bad company 1.jpg (1024x768, 70K)

This game was a lot of fun. I liked playing as the Elf, buying the wings and sword, and flying around cutting people from their backs so they'd bleed out.

>Play with Windows Vista gamers
Nobody with Vista had it.

Attached: !!e!TpygEGM~$(KGrHqF,!lUEz+uJlu1zBNP2EVl3O!~~_1.jpg (231x266, 37K)

This thread reminded me we have that Yea Forums recommends wiki

Didn't they send an actual game director/designer for DmC, though? Normally they send producers who have little business making creative decisions and designing the gameplay but that doesn't stop them from doing it.

I remember this and White Knight Chronicles were supposed to be PS3s killer app

Attached: Dead Space Wiii.jpg (450x450, 43K)

SHIT
THE GROUND IS SHAKING

>play dwarf, get shotty/wired reflexes/teleport
>shove yourself up a lone enemy's ass and pump them full of lead
>can't get away cause rape dwarf ate all their juice, can't win the fight unless they're a troll

Thats also not getting into how open some of the campaign levels in Bad Company 1 felt compared to 2's somewhat more linear nature. I also liked how your health didn't regenerate unless you used a healing syringe, even if you always had one near death IIRC

>FUCK YOU, YOU COCKSUCKING COCKSUCKER

Yeah, they sent Itsuno and his team to help out Ninja Theory IIRC. Surprisingly they still seem open to DmC2.

The love of my life

Attached: E4E1EF14-C822-4AD8-8251-256CE75558B1.jpg (800x1138, 187K)

Nice thread

Attached: 175917-fairytale-fights-xbox-360-front-cover.jpg (800x1133, 136K)

I dream of a chromehounds/AC4A twin re-release

Attached: Escape_from_Bug_Island[1].jpg (256x361, 48K)

Also Infinite Undiscovery and that other RPG Microsoft grabbed that wasn't Vesperia before Microsoft gave up on RPGs

youtube.com/watch?v=LUjxPj3al5U

Attached: bluedragon.jpg (500x500, 43K)

I remember people on Yea Forums actually tried making groups to play with on this game.

Attached: brink_ps3_2d_final.jpg (1000x1151, 199K)

>We will never finish the war

Attached: file.png (220x264, 122K)

Are you talking about Lost Odyssey? I love that game

it's playable on PC via RPCS3

>brink was shit, but the potential was there
>dirty bomb cleans it all up
>F2P shenanigans ruin it
I'll never not be mad

>Shadowrun
it's hilarious. Microsoft was planning on doing crossplay back in 2007 and the feedback they got was all negative because console players didn't like playing with PC players stating that PC players had an advantage over them so Microsoft trashed the entire idea. Fast foward to today and people are literally begging for the same thing.

Attached: 2389472894.gif (500x500, 313K)

I wish SEGA remastered/ported this to PC, it deserves a second chance

Actually adore this game. Loved making and tweaking vehicles.

Attached: banjokazooienutsbolts.png (600x600, 128K)

my african brother. Everyone screams at the fact it's banjo, ignoring that the game itself is solid.

Is it true this makes the first game redundant?

Attached: White_Knight_Chronicles_2.png (250x288, 355K)

Roommate loved this game. He was the most typical bachelor. Would put on hip hop records and play Chrome Hounds all night after work. He would make the most killer mojitos. Then one day he found an extremely nice female indian doctor at a bar and started dating her. Within 5 months, they got engaged and married. Over 10 years later he's still happily married with the same chick and has 2 kids.

Only 3D Ninja Gaiden game on PC lol INAFUNEEEE

Attached: yaiba-ninja-gaiden-z-324461.12.jpg (1500x1500, 320K)

A criminally underrated franchise and now it's dead.

Attached: 51me+b64D6L._SY445_.jpg (313x445, 42K)

The producer is game being accused by that Dina weirdo to be a sex pest.

Don't forget, Vista was a mess at the time and Games For Windows Live wasn't much better. Halo 3, The Orange Box, and Call of Duty 4 came out a few months after and a lot of people skipped the game because of that.

It was so shit that in Sunset Overdrive there's a mission where you kill stand ins for the playtesters who told EA to make them make it "super srs"

Attached: 1537723103973.gif (245x194, 846K)

The protagonist looks like a lost member of the Emmerichs from MGS.

Attached: 220px-Donkey_Kong_Jungle_Beat_Coverart.jpg (220x306, 26K)

Which games DID have the crossplay function. Was it only Shadowrun and Lost Planet? I know Street Fighter 4 was supposed to get but they canned it.

It literally comes with the first game, so yes.

Attached: 1367285382977.jpg (1280x720, 89K)

I fucking hate being named Brody. Every single character in every single medium with a character named Brody makes the character a douche.

Speaking of forgotten games from THIS gen

That game was super fun.

I played it and it’s my favourite horizontal shooter ever. It’s so fucking fun.

>360 version has more framerate dips but doesn't look like it's covered in vaseline and has MSAA x2 applied.
>PS3 version looks blurry and has horrible anti-aliasing but runs at a solid 30 FPS.
I hate when it's this situation, it's like Dragon's Dogma where you have to choose between screen tearing or anti-aliasing (Until they rereleased it).

Game wasn't even bad, it was actually fun.

Attached: Section8.jpg (700x879, 257K)

I think Unreal Tournament III had it

FUCK YOU MICROSOFT MAKE A THIRD GAME YOU CUNTS FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU AT LEAST MAKE A PORT

Attached: VP.jpg (1600x900, 267K)

gamecube isn't last gen retard

>might be able to play it on xenia in a couple years
it's something

i thought this game did have a pc port

I had pneumonia for like 4 months and all I did was play Viva Pinata and watch the show and jack off to hentai. Good times.

One of the few rare gems the Xbox360 has. If you own an Xbox360 you should definitely add this to your collection.

Attached: projectSlypheed.jpg (707x1000, 504K)

It's on GFWL and as a result is about as easy to set up as splitting atoms with your dick.

I always struggled with the time limits this game gave during missions. I never felt like I had enough time to fuck stuff up.

>Infinite Undiscovery
DINNER DINNER DINNER

Attached: DInner.gif (478x239, 3.76M)

i didnt read the whole post
ok well how does this strike ya?

Attached: 220px-Dorito_crash_course_cover.jpg (220x301, 25K)

This game had a dedicated talk shit button

That sounds amazing having a serious illness at that age must've been hell but not having to go to school and just doing that sounds great

Attached: 50-Cent-Blood-on-the-Sand.jpg (768x768, 79K)

The Captain America game was a decent Bamham clone

Attached: captain.png (483x684, 636K)

>crash course
>Harm's Way
Why did Doritos publish better games than some AAA studios

Attached: 3FD76B9D-0C4F-4985-8873-8AD6793AD22F.jpg (1200x1696, 311K)

How the fuck has nobody made a sequel or ripoff? This shit was amazing.

Attached: 1vs.jpg (480x360, 14K)

What was that third person shooter where you could change the ground? I never got it but the demo was really fun.

How about a game where you play as a Toyota Yaris with a tentacle?

UPLOADED WRONG IMAGE WHOOPS

Attached: yaris 360.jpg (600x338, 51K)

It was lame. You literally have to random mash the buttons and hope you got the answer right because the entire thing was based on the speed you answer the questions in order to be THE ONE vs 100

I actually loved the hell out of this game. Even got all the trophies for it.

I'll never forget this abomination.

r u fking srs rite now?

Attached: 1531140950365.jpg (480x480, 25K)

it was alright. top notch concept art too

Who the fuck sees a smash clone and says "Yeah, I wanna play as the generic white guy with an AK 47?"

youtube.com/watch?v=GkRfvbiXLWg

Attached: KoFCoD.jpg (850x500, 105K)

Attached: DantesInferno.jpg (1920x1080, 405K)

Not only did you need to pay for Xbox Live, you had to pay Sega a monthly fee to play the game online.

Attached: phantasy star universe.jpg (315x445, 37K)

If Bill Gates donated $20 for every game last gen that had a dude with a gun on the cover he'd be the poorest man in history.

Last gen had a lot of bad games looking back on it

Hi Reba

People had standards back then. Personslly i think xplay is stupid for competitive

Wasn't as bad as PS2/Xbox/GC era, at least. PS1 was also really bad, N64 not as much due to higher cost of entry.

why must we punish phantasy star players in the west

Not only did you need to pay for Xbox Live, you had to download the godlike PSU demo and play that with its huge community and most importantly..... female gamers who used their mics!!!!!

I think i played the demo to that, I ended up making a Orange robot guy, and pissed around until someone showed me how to teabag by switching out idle character states. Then I just ran around and teabagged people in the community areas. Fun times

hardly forgotten

Attached: thot patrolled.webm (640x360, 2.63M)

DC, a few years later

Attached: 91S3mxSFaiL.jpg (2560x1996, 891K)

Because historically Sega has always hated the western audiences. I cite their anger at Sonic being a pack-in title for the Genesis, the fact that the Genesis did extremely well in the west and they didn't like being upstaged by gaijin, and then their successful attempts to fuck them over by sending the Saturn off to die in North America.

I don't know why Sega-Sammy doesn't just fucking ax the game department and go full Konami with Sonic pachinko.

I assume it's the same in Japan, I think a bunch of old Monster Hunters did that too.

>All those women showing me and my friend their tits and ass in UNO using the Xbox Vision Camera

At the time it was awesome. Now it's like, "So, she was a pedophile, huh?"

Attached: 91b+dCsLGAL._SL1500_.jpg (1304x1500, 480K)

>gorgeous art direction
>superb voice acting
>wonderful soundtrack
>charming story with a memorable cast
>excellent gameplay (solid controls, tons of unique mechanics)
>totally forgotten
it hurts.

Attached: puppeteer.jpg (222x227, 19K)

Now this... THIS was a game

Attached: eye-divine-cybermancy-pc-boxart.jpg (500x723, 134K)

>PSU demo

Let's see what I remember:
- Gun glitch that turns all Pistols into a fucking machine gun and mowing down all enemies and bosses
- Bot glitch that allows people to sell you their cute loli-bot (forgot what they call them in PSU) for use in missions
- Clothes glitch that allows you to remove your clothes while still wearing the outfit, allowing you to sell the outfit
- People in the lobbies singing Celldweller - Last FirstBorn, Frozen, and many other Celldweller songs via chat
- People in the lobbies singing entire LinkinPark album via chat

Man those were the days

Your legs are okay, user.

You're all small time

Attached: 510qLkOJi2L._SY445_.jpg (315x445, 36K)

Attached: 81KAkN5G-5L._SL1500_.jpg (1304x1500, 223K)

This game was insanely hard from what I remember.

big ups

>All those women showing me and my friend their tits and ass in UNO using the Xbox Vision Camera
It's so crazy how people DON'T remember this was a thing on Xbox

>girl trying hard to be cute on cam
>her baby walks by and takes a dump right in front of the camera
me, friend, and some other random person almost died from laughter

Attached: eye.png (803x688, 43K)

>gun glitch
ruined my controller, but damn if I didn't get good at mashing

Game gets pretty dull once you get around the hedge maze. You've seen every mechanic there is to offer, they don't really offer up any new puzzles, and while the physics are gorgeous and the cutting is fun it's like they frontloaded the game to keep you interested and then forgot about the latter half. I loved how the story was a play though, it was great.

I liked the game

Attached: too human.jpg (500x500, 49K)

Really hard game to forget.

Look at all these games I might have seen once or twice but ignored. Time to bookmark this thread, track them down and redeem myself.

This was pretty fun

Attached: gotham-city-impostors-33.jpg (800x1010, 155K)

SHIT!
GROUND IS SHAKING

Attached: 919YKBYoTYL._SY679_.jpg (504x679, 45K)

Man I was so hype for this game only for it to turn out shit.

Always wanted to play these.

Somewhat related, but did anyone else add a toggle switch to their 360 controllers (not sure if it worked on PS3) that allowed them to fire semi-auto weapons faster in FPS games? I remember my friend and I found a tutorial on Instructables. We mostly used it in L4D, but I think it worked in CoD MW2 too as well.

Eventually it fried my controller. Twice as bright, half as long, I guess.

It wasn't really hard. It's just ghosting is your only option for 90% of the game. It's funny watching playthroughs on youtube and right off the bat they'll try to head shot the first vampire they see and then whine when it will just turn around and kill them. After a few more attempts of failing to kill a vampire they drop the game declaring it "Shit".

You aren't missing much, but the good news is the games are cheap as fuck.

None of you played this game, and you're better people for it.

Attached: Spectral_Force_3.jpg (248x350, 42K)

Based game, too bad EA chose to hide the french titties behind a "you get it used you're fucked" pass.

Attached: PS3-The-Saboteur.jpg (316x361, 24K)

I remember the cooked up controversy this game got as an attempt to get more attention to this game and to get more sales.

i dont know why i have this...i think cause it was one of the few games on steam in '05 or '06.

Attached: jerichosquad.jpg (1200x1116, 330K)

>EA bought Pandemic and Bioware as part of the same deal
>Pandemic died
>Bioware lived

>Bioware lived
as an empty husk of its former self. if you call that a living, it better off dead

>I liked it.

Attached: Cross_Edge_USA.jpg (294x340, 33K)

muh satan cock

>Game gets pretty dull once you get around the hedge maze. You've seen every mechanic there is to offer
the hedge maze? you mean the second-to-last Act of the entire game? well no fucking shit you'll have seen most of what the game has to offer, you retarded tripfag.

Wasn't it a bit earlier than that? Because I remember you have to do the hedge maze, then the castle, and then there's a bit more than that. I thought that was at least two-thirds of the way through, not that close.

I loved SSX mechanically but all that microtransation stat shit was disgusting.

So did I, user. I'm still wishing for the sequel to get made someday.

Don't forget the EA's "Mass: We Pray", which was a joke "game" to cause more controversy and that one achievement, which would cause soccer moms to flip their shit.

Attached: legendarygame.jpg (1398x1831, 542K)

Attached: tooth man.jpg (457x650, 63K)

YOU'RE NOT TRIPLETS

Heh

Does he actually shoot the girl before she could say anything or is that edited?

Hey, fuck off. BC09 was fun. Especially the multiplayer mode.
God I miss it so much.

Should've kept the unbirthing power

Attached: Singularity.jpg (256x364, 21K)

Attached: 1541567876258.png (264x362, 103K)

Glad that shitty BADASS reboot Randy wanted to do was canned.

Attached: 2c40ed9b5d199396d80153ad8c4e7200cfcfc23c0131650fec948420d6a95bba_product_card_v2_mobile_slider_639.j (639x361, 51K)

Attached: splatterhouse_sdcon_poster_by_dave_wilkins_d26mbvl-pre.jpg (749x1067, 101K)

Was gonna post this
game was aight

if you did not know what you were doing this game would fucking destroy you as early as the first real boss

Attached: arc.jpg (1525x2154, 600K)

This was my shit

Decently fun playing against friends.

Attached: The_Outfit.png (256x360, 183K)

Attached: 2235-1.jpg (1540x2175, 2.32M)

Tameem's only good game.

Attached: 1543960849570.jpg (355x500, 48K)

>Pick up PSO:0 for cheap from a bin years after release
>Play through the story
>Try the online expecting nothing
>It's fucking brimming with life at the night thanks to a dedicated JAP playerbase
Turned that 25 hour game into 60 hours easy.
Fond memories.

Attached: 1444843144058 (2).png (277x502, 247K)

The shadows were sexy.

Attached: 1334732569279.png (636x900, 531K)

>pick up freed
>get infinite combo'd by ashley

The most fun racing game I've ever played, and one of the best multiplayer games. That first couple months when it was alive was great. It really was as simple as Need for Speed meets Mario Kart, though the powers had slightly more complex uses and were fairer. Nothing has felt better in a racing game than using the speed boost's alternate fire around sharp turns.

Attached: P201609081840430608.jpg (500x700, 85K)

Attached: kameo.jpg (750x563, 354K)

I've never once played this game but I will always remember it because I remember the Japs memed it pretty hard back when it came out
There's a bunch of OtoMADs of it

>sunset overdrive
too bad nobody played that

Today I’ll remind them

Attached: D1D5CB79-2AFC-4E7C-B1A2-7BB6E6A7DE77.jpg (480x640, 42K)

>Posting XBLC games.
They had so many good titles on there it was amazing. Honorable mentions go to
>Artoon
>Weapon of Choice
>The Impossible Game 1 and 2
>Biscuit Romp
>I MAD3 A GAME WITH ZOMBIES IN IT
>Those Pixel games with the cat that I can never remember the names of that keep getting ported even to this day.
>Miner Dig Deep
>Protect the Princess
>That one Ninja Bros. game by the Japanese guy.
>Tec 3000

Attached: 925aa-carnivale_showtime-title.jpg (146x200, 15K)

>God, last gen was fucking awful.
yeah, I'm not really sure how anyone can disagree. All of the shitty practices started there.

Patrician taste

They look like Eureka seven characters
Is the game any good?

>launch title.

>Rare

>Forgotten.

>so forgettable people didn't even remember it was posted earlier in the thread

Attached: 1567101324476.jpg (358x309, 43K)

Never forgotten and a damn fine jrpg

female metal gear set in war world

Attached: Velass.jpg (1280x714, 165K)

People still talk about it.

hedge maze is Act 6.

it's very old school style, like booted to title screen if you wipe during non scripted fights. the best way i can think of describing it is if you took a tales game and made it turn based. if youre interested go check out some gameplay videos but i will say once you figure out the mechanics of the game it picks up really fucking quickly and gets better from then on

Attached: 20181020041138.png (720x480, 604K)

jesus they really fucked the series with that didn't they? I thought there was supposed to be one last game where they fight at bastogne but it's never going to happen now.

Buy on GOG, they patched it to fix the high resolution map bug that EA couldn't be arsed to fix on their own platform (Origin).

Attached: LOTR_Conquest.jpg (256x333, 36K)

I wanted to like this game more than I did. The Star Wars Battlefront formula and mechanics did not translate that well to it.

Really? I had a great time with it solo and coop
Or dunno maybe I was too happy to see a LOTR with the Battlefront devs and gameplay

This deserved multiple sequels taking place in different parts of the world playing as different animals.

Attached: 144814-deadly-creatures-wii-front-cover.jpg (800x1128, 169K)

I played the demo for this game from xbox magazine over and over and just tried to do more and more insane things with the explosives you get.

Attached: download.jpg (750x1056, 220K)

i played the blue burst with some warez community people on the beta

I still bring this up pretty often awesome game

Syndicate had really great gunplay. Couldn't really get with the story, however.

>They should have at least been given a second chance.
You think there should be a safety net for corporations when they fuck up? Are you nuts? That game dying and the studio imploding as a result is the best thing that could have happened, the shitty people lose their jobs, and all the people with actual talent move on to other studios and make good games instead. For every studio that closes because of incompetence like this all those worth a damn land on their feet and all the talentless hacks have to find something else to do. Studio death is essential to a strong industry, would you rather their zombfied corpse be paraded out every couple years like Rare? Factor5's death was good for everyone.

>and
it was on server 9 room 9 or something like that.

Is dirty bomb really shit?

Always post this and always will. Most underrated game ever with some of the most unique multiplayer I've ever played.

Attached: The_Outfit_Coverart.png (220x309, 157K)

why don't you try reading the post he's replying to before showing how retarded you are.

worth trying for Single Player?

lol, that game sold a ton. Achievements show it had a good amount of people finish too.

No edit

Attached: 61kSZyWVZoL.jpg (354x500, 71K)

This is just reminding me of a time when video games just felt more enjoyable. I could play the buggiest piece of shit game but still find some enjoyment out of it

>thought it was like a GTA clone
>started playing and its actually really fun
>but you cant kill civilians
Fun game, but to say I was a lil dissapointed would be an understatement

or the migraine inducing lights, which is fucked because it actually looked ok

The only good thing about this was the monster design

The gameplay was fucking horrible

I hear it's actually good once they put out a patch that disabled the motion controls

Attached: 220px-Heavenly_Sword_Game_Cover.jpg (220x253, 27K)

Making cover or sniping positions on the fly was a neat mechanic.

he sounds like a good dude, user

low standards are the best dude i also wish i could return to that version of me

Attached: 78-142-038-22.jpg (640x480, 41K)

Why would they make JRPG exclusive for 360?

Attached: 1553584294624.jpg (650x919, 511K)

i remember playing it and the sequel all the time around 2010-2011

Why was the previous gen so uncomfy?

B A S E D

Attached: Legendary.jpg (342x399, 46K)

>but you cant kill civilians
You definitely can, unless you played some weird heavily censored version I'm unaware of.

another classic from the same studio

Attached: Turning_Point.jpg (256x320, 35K)

Wasn't this at the time where Microsoft was throwing money around to a bunch of Japanese publishers to break into their market before they promptly forgot about that once it didn't pan out like they thought? There's a bunch of either Cave or Treasure SHMUPs exclusive to the thing as well.

this game was rough but really fun once you get past the first few missions, i think this game predated valkyria chronicles too by a few months as far as the whole "strategy rpg in ww2" thing

For the dev hell that game went through it was pretty ok.

Hey man, Kung Fu Chaos was pretty good. Trip a cute though
I liked Hellblade for what it was too

Attached: Trip.jpg (982x1023, 127K)

The only JRPG outside of SMT games that I actually liked.

Microsoft was trying to get all Japanese developers on their console only with most signing exclusivity deals, even big names. There are a lot of 2005 - 2009 games on XB360 only. Not even on PC.

Attached: 1564401233209.png (640x478, 431K)

people are pissed because EA used little kids as a focus group

No, absolutely not unless you've got a friend to play co-op with and even then it's pretty dated. All the meat was in the MP

Game?

was hoping for a Hitman sort of game but it was super linear

I liked until I realized it attracted couples just as much as mario kart does. fukoffstacynchadreee

Velvet Assassin
shitty stealth game

it's comfiness probably has to do with differences in generations. i'm 23 now, so a lot of these games may have no physical charm to them, they're still comfy to me because they're reminiscent to a time when I was young and had absolutely no cares about what I wanted to be in life. I just fucked around with my boys playing video games and watching tv.

Once way back, they handed out copies of this game for free at game stop whenever you made a purchase.
I still haven't played my copy

I really should try to play this, my literature teacher in highschool made us watch the animated short, it came out of nowhere.

Anyone actually really really like this game? I remember sinking a fuckton of hours into it, someone please tell me this isn't just nostalgia speaking and that it was actually good. Is the online completely dead or should I reinstall?

What game is this?

Attached: q6atkrm6ptc31.png (320x296, 72K)

My brothers from another mother

>They look like Eureka seven characters
Yep, done by the same artist.

I've had this one on my shelf forever

Attached: darkvoid.jpg (1052x1500, 266K)

Replayed this like a year or so ago. It's a lot better than its reputation made it out to be, and a lot of that reputation came from people wanting an open world game (which is fucking stupid) and from how edgy Spencer looks (which is less stupid, but has nothing to do with how it plays). When the level design actually lets you swing, the gunplay mixes really fluidly with it. Mouse and keyboard breaks this shit so hard that it just felt silly.

I got this game in my attempt to recapture the high of Total Overdose. I don't recall it sucking, but I don't recall it being really good.

anyone?

Attached: 71Qp74r-EiL._AC_SL1200_.jpg (796x1132, 123K)

multiple people in the thread
maybe you should read it next time

I remember playing the demo for Darwinia and thinking it was great. Then I remember playing the full game and thinking it sucked. I recall it being extremely tedious somehow.

Also, if you're gonna do The Dishwasher, you might as well throw in any Ska Studios game

Attached: images.jpg (329x153, 14K)

FUCK S.V.E.R.

Attached: 10bd56f72a844a128f163d30a7ae7a7ac5fbafce_large.jpg (600x600, 76K)

What the fuck was that ending, though? It came out of nowhere.

I remember running around as the girl with the Gatekeeper and rollerblades. I heard the PC servers don't have many players but still there at least.
Nice

Attached: MV5BNzJiMmMzNmItNmI5Yy00Y2Y3LTg0YjEtNzJhMDliNDkwODlhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzg5OTk2OA@@._V1_.jpg (800x1140, 168K)

Great game. The nephelim level and the bit with the bike are fantastic. I wish we got games with graphics like this more often.

>fun as fuck combat
>cool art
>bid tiddy fox girls
Muramasa was based

Attached: tumblr_naiholj1KY1rmc3tto1_400.jpg (400x566, 62K)

Fuck SVER.
This took me an obscene amount of time to find in my folder.
I miss the threads from when we all played together in the beta.

Attached: 1265091411167.jpg (625x1024, 154K)

>There's a bunch of either Cave or Treasure SHMUPs exclusive to the thing as well.
BRING BACK BANGAI-O

Attached: 1775395-box_bangaiohd.png (320x320, 205K)

I remember trying to play this game in so many occasions with my gf at the time but we never got to the end. It would always get boring after a while and we'd move to something else.

>youtube.com/watch?v=K-EI9wZpaZs

>"Unidentified persons have been detected, within the research facility. All security personal are requested, to proceed with the immediate removal. Unidentified persons have been detected, within the research facility. All security personal are requested, to proceed with the immediate removal. Unidentified persons have been detected, within the research facility. All security personal are requested, to proceed with the immediate removal. Unidentified persons have been detected, within the research facility. All security personal are requested, to proceed with the immediate removal Unidentified persons have been detected, within the research facility. All security personal are requested, to proceed with the immediate removal. Unidentified persons have been detected, within the research facility. All security personal are requested, to proceed with the immediate removal. Unidentified persons have been detected, within the research facility. All security personal are requested, to proceed with the immediate removal."

Attached: 1565844400788.png (555x267, 201K)

Attached: 1342327823383.gif (288x162, 1.99M)

the only game to make its soundtrack entirely rap and still be top tier.

also if you want to listen to the voice of Bender commentate on a murder-game, this is the one to play.

This. Even the worst game in this thread is better than any of the shit they release today, vidya is dead.

>Spectral_Force_3.jpg
There was a one and two?

Attached: 61HUWv5EUnL.jpg (434x500, 74K)

Doesn't this game have like 3 sequels?

>police don't die when you explode their cars
very wholesome.

Last Pandemic game

Attached: Saboteur_US_ESRB_PS3.jpg (775x892, 162K)

Attached: 270px-Split_Second_Velocity_EU_Cover.jpg (270x400, 33K)

This and Motorstorm

Of all the IPs THQ Nordic bought, this is the one i need a modern remaster of the most.

No idea what Namco was thinking when deciding this was perfect for a new IP to add under their belt among Tekken, Soul Calibur, Tales of or Klonoa.
Definetly not seeing this one being referenced in a Project X Zone title.

Attached: Confused Ada.jpg (1024x1000, 190K)

Attached: s-l300.jpg (300x269, 26K)

>back then
and to now with the "sexualisation" double standard theyve got going

Deception 4 was my guilty pleasure on the ps3. All of the death traps were creative and could combo into one another. I sank way too many hours optimizing traps.

Attached: 9EB515EE-1E8B-4252-8210-3D334EB29BEC.png (960x960, 1.41M)

Isnt this also on ps4? Atleast i thought ive seen it before

Because it’s fun jank

Maybe it is,I just haven’t bothered to check.

Attached: BEEF0FEF-C387-4C74-91C6-99FE75AA31FB.png (758x960, 1.46M)

Expanded version came out for Vita/PS4, yeah. Thanks for reminding me, I'll check out the vita version, sounds fun.

rented this as a kid and was very surprised at how good it was.

Attached: 517emXPLxDL._SY445_.jpg (319x445, 38K)

Obviously during Seventh Generation Japanese game developers and Publishers were trying to get a western audience that like shooters

Attached: 1563230803970.jpg (1280x1280, 256K)

I guess this is the same logic Capcom had with Dark Void.

?dnal no evil uoy fi elahw a eb yhw

>why be fat when you could just not be?

Looking at all these ps360 games makes me realize how fucking bland this generation is. Everything is played safe. No experimentaion, no creativity.

lol

It was forgotten for good fucking reason, the game was atrocious and I get mad thinking about it cause I spent too many hours trying to play it

Nobody ever talks about these games. North Korea invading burgerland.

Attached: imagen-i4511-pge.jpg (520x598, 284K)

I think back to this game surprisingly often.
Mostly probably due to its interesting setting

How come George told LucasArts to Stop creating new ips and only make Star Wars games in the early 2000s yet this still got made?

Ok you got me I didn't knew about this game and I played fucking MAGUS for the PS3 when you fuckers where memeing it for a short as fuck period of time just for shit and jiggles.

I bought the deluxe edition of this game just because I found out one of the bosses was Tyrannosatan

I liked the demo

One of my fav games on 360 didn't get great scores but I say it's underrated.

Attached: InfiniteUndiscoveryBoxart (1).jpg (220x311, 18K)

yes, nick robinson brought attention to it recently though

This and Lost Odyssey need very desperately a PC port.

It wasn't forgotten at all.

Though it certainly deserves to be.

Attached: 1223438994943.jpg (2000x1689, 839K)

>this is a Monolith Soft game
it's pretty weird if you think about it since they mostly make RPGs.

Lost odyssey is great as well, I still have them both in my collection, might give lost odyssey another play through soon.

Does anyone have the MBD Edit

why did last gen have so much forgettable shit? even the gen before it had loads of great AA games

Is it bad when I remember playing every single one of the games in this thread?

Never forget

Attached: 61wRpdOBV-L._AC_SY400_.jpg (348x400, 41K)

The BEST arcade racing franchise is dead for 10 years now and I'm still mad. Fuck Need for Speed and fuck Take-Two and modern Rockstar.

Attached: 188212-midnight-club-los-angeles-complete-edition-playstation-3-front-cover.jpg (800x906, 144K)

because it was a bland shitty cod clone, good riddance

The helicopter part in this game was fucking hard as balls.

My only memory of this game is an user doing a screenshot lp of it years ago.

thanks OP for bringing this blessed topic in existence

Retard.

>that comfy bar opening
>those portal and gravity mechanics
I even liked the multiplayer despite what little content there was. Im sad we'll never get the real sequel

Attached: 220px-Prey_(Xbox_360).jpg (220x315, 23K)

>drinking the liquid even once makes you get the bad ending

I remember seeing videos of this on Gametrailers that made it look awesome and had tons of hype around it only for it to release with zero fanfare. I was not aware it even came out until two years after the fact.

>all those characters to choose from
>but they all deal the same amount of damage despite having different weapons
Also
>80% of the enemies are the ones who explode on death and they instakill you
Also
>55 fov on pc and you can't fucking change it despite being an Unreal 3 game

All I remember about this game was that there was supposed to be a theatrically released movie that served as a prequel to the game, which is why the game gives you so little exposition. That and if you accidentally got into a police car via the wrong door you got arrested automatically

It was a good video until he started making statements like "if videogame companies aren't willing to keep these games available forever, they shouldn't be making them"

I hate it when games get delisted too but come on; there are financial realities in place here. You can't expect companies to jeep re-licensing music/cars/brands for eternity when a game is probably selling less than 1000 units a year. He's basically saying "because I can't play Driver now, it would be better if I could never have played it".

I HATE that Microsoft never resurrected this series as an XBLA game or something. It would have been a perfect fit

A bowling alley near my old place had an arcade cabinet for this along with Tatsunoko vs. Capcom. Was run by an actual Japanese guy who claimed he had friends in the arcade business back home. Miss that place

>game finally picks up after 4h
>it ends
10 bucks well spent

bought a PS3 to play this game, regret nothing

>Expanded version came out for Vita/PS4
Also for PS3 but it was digital only.

thanks user, game looks aesthetic as fuck.

Attached: Screenshot_20190903-203742_YouTube Vanced.jpg (2220x1080, 513K)

I loved this game and really wish we got more. Also Ellen was cute

Attached: Flcloaks.jpg (1088x1200, 392K)

These are all great games. I wish Uprising and Contra Rebirth were ported to the Switch.

>You can't expect companies to jeep re-licensing music/cars/brands for eternity
Interesting how Hollywood manages to do fine with that.

This game is free now on 360/Xbone surprisingly

they wanted to turn this into a franchise with a movie,comic book and a tv show. in the end they scrapped that idea but they've already made most of the game.

it's very emotional and irrational to be sure, but it does hurt that good games still get deleted because Pontiac only got paid for 4 years of licensing. Fuck, Pulp Fiction is 25 years old and I still want to have an Acura NSX because of Wolfe. Big publishers see games as a disposable product and not as art. Until games are widely recognized as art and defended as such this will continue to happen, and fuck that.

Didn't know that. I believe the first 2 crackdown games are also free.

>black hole gun
>that 64 lock on missile launcher
>strapping torpedoes bigger than your plane to your wings to fuck up a battleship
>sniping ripoff Char with that weird semi-active homing railgun before he could even finish his dialogue

Fucking /m/ kino

Crackdown games aren't much of a shocker. After making yet another installment that does nothing new I think they finally gave up on making it an important franchise. Crackdown 3 is the poster child for Microsoft's incompetence this gen

It was pretty bad.

Attached: CBE2F045-2BBE-4358-80F5-362EB4DB9D7B.jpg (342x396, 33K)

All I remember of Lost Odyssey was the kino story vignettes, the funeral scene, and you had a party member with fucking huge tits

A lot of these games were constantly betweeeen c-c+ tier in quality for whatever reason. It was an era of a lot of random IP and games that was just mostly average but at the same
Time unique in their own way. I fear their will be a lot of ps3 360 games that will be lost in time and completely forgotten. Especially online only games. Fat princess comes up as a good example.

But games like dark sector ? Syndicate? Bombean reloaded? Who’s going to play these in the future ,even reminded of these games existence I don’t go oh man it had charm I should play it. They all sound like a mish mash if 3rd person shooters

But theirs a real shame of some games completely lost through time like viva pinata or mod nation racers or that weird disaster remake

Games largely WERE disposable until digital distribution. You'd buy a game for a piece of hardware and once a generation ended, you'd pack up your old console and games and put them in the attic (or sell them to pay for the new stuff) and that was that.

It wasn't until stuff like the Virtual Console and PS1 games being sold on PSN people started seeing value in older games.

never heard anyone mention this one

Attached: ff.jpg (450x450, 38K)

This was favorite game on Xbox

Not sure if it forgot or was never popular, but I always find fun with this one and a class of whiskey.

Attached: Lollipop_Chainsaw_Cover_Art.png (250x265, 149K)

It was big for a month but it wasn't very good so nobody talked about it very much.

My phone's text to speech butchered that one.

lol, yep, older games were so not valued that chrono trigger was 100 dollars min on snes before any rereleases. Also, keking at digital distribution making games not disposable. How's that Wii Shop Channel doin'? How's that Scott Pilgrim game?

Overstrike was announced in 2011 during the era of every fucking AAA shooter being Call of Duty and Battlefield like. This was a few years before Overwatch and Battleborn were even announced, so the idea of a shooter with a colourful artstyle and a light hearted cast was genuinely appealing as it was uncommon. Insomniac as a developer is also reasonably well liked, and was back then too, with a history that already included both FPS (Resistance) AND light hearted playful sci-fi games (Ratchet). The concept and developer combo at the very least was interesting and had potential.

Then it came back a while later with all of that personally grinded down, everything made to make it as generic as possible because, genuinely, some fucking kids told them that the colourful style looked uncool. It speaks fucking volumes that the worlds most popular game right now is fucking Fortnite and that listening to focus groups to such a degree is worthless.

> As far as we know the only thing that changed was the tone and the story,
While obviously it can't be said with certainty that it happened with Overstrike/Fuse, it's safe to assume that if the suits can demand a tone and story change, they can demand gameplay changes too (and there are historical examples of that in other games).

Even if you don't care for the potential Overstrike may have had, it's one of the most bold faced and visible examples of a publisher taking a developers vision and grinding it down into the most generic and mass marketable thing possible.

actually they often let the music rights to expire. you just never notice it.

posted it here

>Obviously during Seventh Generation Japanese game developers and Publishers were trying to get a western audience that like shooters

God that era sucked hard if you're following the Japanese gaming scene

Any Wii u fans?

Attached: The-Wonderful-101.jpg (768x768, 115K)

don't post that in this thread, wii u was a piece of shit by the way

How about you go fuck yourself and your lack of understanding when 2 devs go in different design directions?

Of course there's always been collectors. Older games didn't have mass appeal though. Individuals paying $100 for Chrono Trigger doesn't mean there were enough people out there wanting to play it to justify Square re-releasing it and pocketing the money themselves instead of letting it go to a second-hand vendor.

The Wii shop being closed or Scott Pilgrim being delisted doesn't change the fact that people now see value in older games. People are still bitching about the lack of Virtual Console on Switch. Even if the games don't last forever, people are still wanting to buy them.

I like my Wii u, sure old only have it as a secondary console but it has plenty of good games so fuck you

I remember people were saying this is gonna be the next Conker.

The 7th gen was basically the industry going through it's edgy teen phase.

I kind of think we're beginning to swing too hard in the opposite direction tonally, but at least good games are more common this gen.

They absolutely did. It was a learning experience they said, retooling the game to please some idiot kids that didn't know what they were talking about only to have the game bomb with everyone else.

They said that in a way it was reaffirming, that from now on they should stick to their guns and make what they want to make.

bruh dark sector was like peak soulless TPS, warframe was actually the original concept for the game and dark sector's retooling into the weird post soviet bloc zombie shit was a concession, a dumbed down console version

warframe's still a cool idea even if it ended up a stupid grindfest where only your build matters

>SoF Payback
>Good
It was a complete pile of horseshit.
Play the original SoF if you want something decent.

Attached: STOP.jpg (720x960, 70K)

This was the first game I played on my first custom built PC. I actually kind of enjoyed my first few playthroughs of it.

Tried to play it again semi-recently and couldn't fucking stand it, though.

>if you did not know what you were doing this game would fucking destroy you as early as the first real boss

I remember the excruciating horrible dub done by English-speaking VAs resident in Japan

Beautiful game. Played it recently and its disappointing that I wasn't aware that it was a good game till now.

Why the hell hasn't the Muramasa remastered version been ported to the Switch yet?

>Even the worst game in this thread is better than any of the shit they release today
This is so true its not even funny.

Btw, I have a feeling that tie-in/licensed games will become sought after in the future. Most, if not all, major publishers have dropped licensed games.

I remember this being around the point that people stopped tolerating all of the garbage paper-thin call of duty clones that modern warfare ushered in

thank god that's over

>pyromaniac McGuyver with a potty mouth

Janky as fuck for sure, but has god tier OST and the opening level is kino. I've also been obsessed with the idea of first-person inventory ever since.

Attached: aitd_ps3_FOB_us_150dpi.jpg (1000x1170, 288K)

I've been buying up older 7th gen games just to savor this. New games have no unique identity or charm. Its strange how I've started to appreciate these average games far more than I used to. I guess I took them for granted back when they released.

Attached: 95D27FBF-4BC6-4AC8-B6A6-4196D27990D3.jpg (353x500, 47K)

Attached: 1290939676-00.jpg (800x933, 136K)

I DON'T HAVE YOUR STONE
AND FUCK YOU ANYWAY!

are you actually retarded. This was a really bad game.

I remember decent hype for this

Attached: 2EF3AF50-27E1-4AF9-B1D5-2E80E473EE10.jpg (350x500, 51K)

At least it's not absolute shit like Illumination

Attached: aloneinthedarkillumination.jpg (660x330, 68K)

The puzzles were fun and the pirate capitan was hot

Attached: Zack_&_Wiki_-_Quest_for_Barbaros'_Treasure_Coverart.png (220x312, 158K)

>>Insomniac decides they want to make an original IP they actually own
>>Sign with the EA Partners program
lol what did they expect, it's fucking EA. They got the Golden Poo award a year later.

Thank you, been trying to remember the name of it for days now.

I remember the story and characters being total cringe and infuriating platforming, but damn the shooting and ost was good

Attached: 1B072A079BCB42A9B85E8F0E818CA354.jpg (650x470, 157K)

Fun game, just painful boring/similar objectives in almost every level. Only the colosseum was good, shit like the sumo fights and the unpowered dart launch.

Wow I forgot about that game.

Fuck me dude, I remember hearing about that game but still wanting to play it regardless of the low review scores. Never got around to it.
Such a cool concept. Here's another game with shitty reviews and interesting concept I never got around to play.

Attached: 81yPGpWUzaL.AC_SL1500_.jpg (1063x1500, 214K)

Underrated and great lore.
Too bad the Mmo hype killed the franchise.

Attached: 1F3A032A-B4D2-4D35-95E7-E02CF2CB24C3.jpg (342x396, 45K)

Didn't the devs said the journos were too harsh for a game they made for casual gamers or some this like that ?

Fucking port on Switch using Joycons when?

Low IQ post.

Attached: rumble_roses__00307.1432309249.500.750.jpg (357x500, 63K)

Attached: 220px-Splatterhouse_(2010_video_game).jpg (220x273, 24K)

hope you didn't post this one already

Attached: 1553649677907.jpg (427x582, 53K)

what a depressing thread

yeah, the graveyard of titles nobody cares for anymore

I'm enjoying it, and I can find all these games for a few dollars each at pawn shops these days, looking for some that look entertaining

i think i would be okay with it if the world just stopped making videogames altogether

>Listen to I know a lot of you hate Seventh Generation but many games were good/fun/enjoyable and because you think many weren't good that actually were pushed to become underground status and then later on you found out that they were actually good games
I actually realised this as well. People like to give 7th gen a lot of flak for understandable reasons, but truth be told its mostly themselves letting the good be overshadowed by the bad. I honestly think 7th gen is more memorable than the current one.

I have a hunch that a good bunch of these games ITT will gather a following as time goes by.