Jus starting playing this and also my first time plaing any Fire Emblem game, what should i know beforehand?

Jus starting playing this and also my first time plaing any Fire Emblem game, what should i know beforehand?

Attached: SI_3DS_FireEmblemAwakening_image1600w.jpg (1600x800, 260K)

That the map design is shit and you'll be mocked if you defend them in a FE thread

Also, if Chrom has a support with your waifu you should be warned that you may literally get cucked by him if you aren't careful.

Play it blind

it isnt bad if you havent played a prior entry, but if you go back you will see how much better they are

Get impregnated by Chrom

Are you going in with a male or female avatar?

pretty good game, kind of lazy map design, very easy (except early game on lunatic/lunatic+, which is frankly just artificial bullshit with luna+, stat inflation, etc., and on certain later maps due to enemy phase reinforcements requiring map memorization if you're playing classic), waifus, chrom cuckoldry, batou

male

Lunatic is so goddamn stupid. Why did the idiots at IS think it was a good idea to make a mode where the only class you were allowed to use was Necromancer?

dont play anything but classic mode. Hard classic is probably the most balanced ONLY if you avoid any farming and completely ignore second seals cause those break the game. if you havent figured it out yet this game has extremely borked balance and is one of the weaker games in the series.

>completely ignore second seals

Attached: Z7HeRxU.png (512x512, 361K)

put it on hold, start with either GBA fire emblem, sacred stones, or path of radiance as an intro to the series. then go and try awakening

Classic and savescumming is unironically easier than casual.

ambush reinforcements
hard/classic mode highly recommended for best experience
learn to stat read should be ez since its the 3DS

>what should i know beforehand?

Sumia is a shit mom for Lucina, marry Chrom to Olivia for a studly pair of eugenicized children

If you're planning for Apotheosis, Sumia!Lucina is considered optimal, since it means you have at minimum two galeforcers that can procstack Luna and Aether. If you're MRobin, your Morgan can become the third for maximum Aetherspam.

She's not shit if you give Lucina Galeforce

>Sumia is a shit mom for Lucina

Look at this faggot who doesn't want Cynthia to be an invincible hero.

>Look at this faggot who doesn't want Cynthia to be an invincible hero.

You can make Cynthia even better by making Henry her dad.

Olivia can pass Galeforce.

No one gives a shit about that unlikable obnoxious twat

Attached: 151537.jpg (130x203, 6K)

But only Chrom passes Aether, and only to daughters. Chrom's such a good dad for Cynthia, he's actually considered better than Robin. Getting galeforce around isn't a hard thing, but for the actual hard content in Apotheosis the name of the game is Procstacking, and the best proc is Aether. The more units with access, the less resources you'll need to deal with units that have 70+ Def and Dracoshield+

Lucina is best girl

but Awakening is better

The game will try its hardest to make you grind. Don't grind. It's not intended for you to use literally every character you get.