Yea Forums tells me AssCreed Unity is actually good

>Yea Forums tells me AssCreed Unity is actually good
>Try it
>It's actually bad
>Yea Forums tells me Syndicate is bad
>Try it
>It's actually bad too

Is Assassin's Creed the most frustrating series of all time, based purely on the amount of wasted potential?

Attached: box_art2-min.jpg (504x710, 106K)

Play the best AC which is also not an AC, black flag

I have, I liked it. I liked Rogue even more. Unity and Syndicate feel like huge steps down from these two, and I have zero interest in even trying Origins or Odyssey.

Attached: 295395-assassin-s-creed-rogue-playstation-3-front-cover.jpg (800x800, 126K)

I have never witnessed a single post on Yea Forums in my entire lifetime that suggested Assassin's Creed:Unity was not complete and utter dogshit.

Syndicate should not even be considered a video game because of how horrendous it is, and after putting Syndicate down within the first hour I hoped they'd fucking bankrupt for subjecting us to this torture.

Then Origins and Odyssey came out. The only two decent games in the series since Black Flag that let you do cool shit. Odyssey is hands down the best game since 2 and actually gives you some difficult choices which directly impact other people

Origins and odyssey are so different they are like a whole different series, try them, they are great.

Origins was amazing, unforgettable trip to Egypt. Odyssey is superhero shit.

>I have never witnessed a single post on Yea Forums in my entire lifetime that suggested Assassin's Creed:Unity was not complete and utter dogshit.

It gets said all the time in AC threads.

What makes them so great? I really hated the wannabe RPG aspects of Unity and Syndicate, and the new ones look like they take that aspect and go crazy with it.

Who the fuck have you seen compliment Unity and Syndicate on Yea Forums?

after a half-dozen patches, Unity is, if not "good," it's at least playable. Though it occasionally still breaks.

it has some good ideas that aren't implemented all that well, but it's essentially the last "traditional" Assassin's Creed game.

>Unity
People who I can only assume were trolling.

>Syndicate
Literally no one, I just wanted to try it because I got it on sale for $10 and I like the setting. I expected nothing and I'm still disappointed.

>mfw you can't even command the train to go to a specific station as a means of not-so-fast travel

Attached: 1534653783221.jpg (728x540, 75K)

If you don't like RPG's like Skyrim or Witcher 3, then I guess they're not for you. Then again you also said Yea Forums likes Unity which makes me think this is a troll .
Unity is a broken mess that lets you bypass natural progression by skipping to endgame multiplayer content and unlocking all of the best armor.

>If you don't like RPG's like Skyrim or Witcher 3
Those aren't even similar.

Black Flag > 2 > Odyssey > Origins > Revelations > Brotherhood > Syndicate > Unity > Rouge > 3 > Liberation > Original

The entire series is garbage and I dont think anyone has claimed otherwise

>Black Flag that high but Rogue that low

Explain.

Attached: 1563526143241.jpg (900x563, 261K)

Correct for the most part. 3 doesn't get enough credit.

3 was pretty close to being good, but they didn't have the balls to really dedicate to any of their new ideas, like the sailing or homestead.

It’s 4 but with snow. I already played 4 once, no need to play it again.

3 decently fixed the horrendous climbing which was the thing that fucking sucked in past AC games, but lacked content. The naval missions felt like a bore to get better shit. Black Flag had the decent climbing with the actual content of the past games, making it the best.

Big open world that encourages you to explore, tons of sidequests and missions to go on. Odyssey is very structurally similar to Skyrim & Witcher

>game in which you're an assassin
>literally no proper stealth options

1 was super mediocre. 2 was at least different. Game was kinda boring until ship mechanics.

It also at least made an attempt to make combat more interesting with the different enemy types that you had to use different moves on.

Combat in Unity feels sluggish like everyone is underwater, then Unity felt like they overcompensated and all the combat animations are being played at 2x or 3x speeds.

honestly unless you're a completionist or want to play the game to get the lore for 2 through 3 rather than reading the wiki or watching youtube I wouldn't recommend playing the first one.
For how much people shit on DA2 for recycling areas AC1 did the same thing, it just had an interesting story and premise to save it

>The finally add a crouch that lets you hide behind low cover
>It's not just a crouch
>It's an RPG style sneak mode that lets you be fucking invisible even right in front of enemies

Attached: 1547852435149.png (702x540, 538K)

Is there any way to get Rogue to work on current Windows 10? I ran fine when I did my first playthrough years ago, but I tried it recently and got the "steam says it's running for a few seconds and then does nothing" error.

That's weird, been working fine for me since I got W10. Try running it in compatibility mode?

Oh don't. This is what really annoys me about these latest games.

Honestly, what I wanted was Hitman: Ancient Conspiracy edition. Why make a game about an assassin order or badasses when the most "stealth" a game has is a hay bale.

I wish it didn't have to be this way.

at least 1 made sense and you weren't crouching around the place while being invisible.

Yeah, tried that and all of the suggestions I could find through googling with no luck. It's odd that it's working fine for you, then. I assumed that it must be fucked for everyone with the latest Windows 10 version

Well shit, I don't know what to tell you man, other than it's not just an issue of W10.Already tried reinstalling/verifying the cache too?

These games suck but the environments are really pretty to look at.

>got Unity and Syndicate for cheap
>pretty entertaining
>get Origins for about the same
>mfw
wtf is this shit

Attached: 1531228019814.png (620x640, 260K)

Kangz.

What wasted potential are you talking about? With ubisoft there are never any potential.

Attached: LGvSnCqetH0.jpg (532x586, 37K)

Ubisoft bad

Yeah. I may give it another shot, but I'm not that bothered. I was only planning on messing around for a bit before uninstalling again

Their only achievements is making something that could've been an asset for another game,
incredibly generic one.
Studio lacks creativity in all of the fields and plain competence in most of them.

I was able to force myself to finish Unity but Syndicate was so soul-crushingly boring I gave up on it.
I used to be invested in the overarching narrative of the series, but they completely destroyed that.

I got those two on sale and did a melee only, no upgrades run on my first playthroughs, they were fun

The overarching narrative got really retarded a few games in, but it was doomed from the start by the modern day stuff.

I wanted to like the assassin's Creed series, but I couldn't stand the stupid Animus (w/e the fuck it's called) bullshit. Nothing broke my immersion more than right after completing a story mission I get pulled out and have to deal with a bunch of boring future sci-fi bullshit. I fucking hated it. Couldn't even finish black flag because of it and I was actually enjoying black flag too. Do they still do that bullshit in the newer games?

They tone it down for Unity and Syndicate but it's still there and still retarded.

>that lets you bypass natural progression
You literally unlock Legendary gear in like sequence 6 or 7 during the story which is so quick to reach and the only enemies leading up to there are 3* at best. Just because you can access The Tournament doesn't mean you're bypassing progression when they hand you the stuff roughly around the same sequence you should be doing it unless you bumrush it in sequence 3 after grinding out some Livres for the Schiava or whatever that cheap sword is called which requires you having done all the social club missions (Including 5* ones).

>that lets you be fucking invisible even right in front of enemies
Did you even play the game? Everyone instantly goes into caution when you're sneaking and they can see it. People point you out, everyone goes to red constantly if you're sneaking within eyesight of them including the blue guys, marksmen have eyes of a hawk and see you from a mile away while you can't shoot them, if your head peeks out in any way while moving they notice that and investigate, if you lean around a corner and try to shoot someone with your PB/pistol they see you aiming and instantly go into alert (Which they don't seem to do in Syndicate unless you pull out a gun) etc. The cover mechanic is what's broken, even if you're discovered you can keep killing people that run to where you're hiding one after the other.

Attached: Assassin's Creed® Unity 2019-09-02 04-27-16.jpg (1920x1080, 670K)