Why is Dark Souls 2, more often than not, considered the weakest Souls game?

Why is Dark Souls 2, more often than not, considered the weakest Souls game?

Attached: Average DaS2 Moment.webm (600x338, 2.76M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Qg2IGTQsvZY
youtube.com/watch?v=59eLW1IGUCU
twitch.tv/staydmcmuffin/videos
youtu.be/p9hoAyx3-0I
youtube.com/watch?v=zEWXwMBex_s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

SOUL

too hard for plebs

Because its the one peoples Youtube review show friends told them is the bad one

THIS

>really shitaly cobbled together geography
>snap lock movement makes every action feel worse than the original
>quantity over quality design philosophy
>fucked up hitboxes
>the worst downgrade its generation
there are a lot of reasons but these are the main ones that bother me

Attached: D5yeq3Q.jpg (768x1024, 110K)

Count the misplays

It's not
It's the most different and controversial which spurs discussion and shitflinging loud minorities

I could never get in to 2 but now I'm replaying with SotFS and enjoying it a lot. SotFS seems easier but the game still kicks my ass. I just finished the part in the webm this afternoon

It's defiantly the popular opinion that ds2 is the worst, you're free to be a contrarian but don't try to rewrite history to suit your taste

Attached: 1457307950883.jpg (927x859, 166K)

The controls feel completely fucked. Like the other guy said, the snap-lock movement ruins the game for me.

All of these but also the regression in world and level design
Also lifegems
Also warping from the start

Because it is. The game world is a mess, every area is a chore to get through, the bosses are crap, the only sort of enjoyable part is the DLC.

Attached: 1335493695302.jpg (396x691, 58K)

because it's your favorite one, OP

I beat the game and then ran through it another couple of times in NG++ to get that one pyromancy that you can only otherwise get with the maxed out invasion covenant. Not worth it to play it more than once.

It isn't. Please leave your Yea Forumseddit hugbox. True Patricians know, and have always known, that Dark Souls 2 is the best souls game.

Adaptability
Uninspired humanoid bosses
Soul memory
The plot about fighting weakened great ones from DS1 to defeat a weakened piece of Manus when it should of been about giants.

Ds2 is unironically the reddit circle jerk game
I've witnessed it first hand

Reddit hates DS2, though.

How are you guys such experts on what reddit thinks anyway
You have to go back

Attached: 1521768823729.gif (1080x1080, 504K)

4 reasons.

>Absolutely asinine word design, especially when compared to GOAT D:S world design. ex: going up an elevator in a windmill and winding up in a lava fortress, multiple dead-ends after story bosses that just rely on bonfires to TP you back to Majula.

>Adaptability stat. Totally unnecessary. Makes early game hitboxes completely unpredictable and awkward/clunky as fuck. forces you to spend skill points for boss/enemy hitboxes to make any sense whatsoever.

>Quantity over quality bosses. LOTS of bosses. I mean a ton, and many of them are trash. A room full of enemies inside a church? sure it's a boss. A big fat slug with two attacks? Boss. Rat mob? BOooooossssss. If they had shaved the bossfights down by half (the higher quality half), it would have been vastly improved.

>Graphical downgrade from e3 gameplay trailer. Most games do this but in DKS2's case it was substantial. This pissed a lot of fans off and rightfully so. However, the SotFS dlc improved this fault at least.

And that's it. Look I'll agree it's still a fun game, but it is pretty much objectively the worst souls game for good reasons. PvP is still the best though

Oh shit, I also forget one of the biggest ones of all

>SOUL MEMORY

I don't think I even have to expand on this one.

it was completely missold and a fine example of fake trailers, legitimately the biggest reason it has permanent negative stigma surrounding it, well fucking deserved too

because youtubers said ds2 bad
youtube.com/watch?v=Qg2IGTQsvZY

You're wrong, if anyone bad mouths Ds2 in any of the souls related threads the Ds2 police immediately flood the thread preaching how misunderstood Ds2 is, it's a perfect mirror of Yea Forums honestly. I wouldn't be surprised if they're the same virgins

>t. redditor

I find it funny how you can count the number of good ds2 bosses on one hand

>PvP is still the best though

100% disagreed. The complete lack of a real red eye orb made it so ass. I had so much fun with invading and being invaded in the original Dark Souls, but I can count on one fucking had the amount of times I was invaded in Dark Souls 2 outside of the invasion covenants (which were cool but not enough to redeem it). The faggy 'arena pvp' shit was almost offensive in the fact that they implemented it at all, who the fuck wants that garbage in Dark Souls?

also fucking soul memory dude lmao epic

its the most unfinished of them all, but also the one with the most potential, but sometimes it really hurts to think about how much cooler everything could look and play.
still my favourite

Attached: medium.jpg (500x281, 26K)

>but it is pretty much objectively the best souls game for good reasons
ftfy

>guy who likes Le Ebin Backstab Fishing: The Game thinks the intricate pvp of Dark Souls II is bad
This surprises no one.

>its the most unfinished of them all
Did you even play DS1? That game falls apart after O&S.

Okay. Now name those reasons.

Because FROM thought hitboxes and iframes were a stat.

>That game falls apart after O&S.

Attached: 1564258887151.jpg (680x940, 63K)

Attached: 374847262837.jpg (2560x1920, 1.72M)

>laggy thirdworlder thinks ds1 was nothing but backstabs

hmmm yes the intricate dark souls 2 pvp. shall i wield my havelynn or my forbidden sun today? wow what amazing choices i have i cant decide between both of them

also dark souls 2 had the shittiest DLC by far. the iron one was awful apart from the bosses, the snow one was awful apart from the final boss, and the poison one was just fucking awful in every way

Absolutely based.

I think most people hate Executioner's Chariot, but I think it's one of the best. Definitely one of the most unique bosses in the series, and is a "gimmick" in the way a lot of DeS bosses are. Fuck armored guys with swords.

>Lvl adaptability
>game becomes a joke

Real hard game you got there.

>Did you even play DS1? That game falls apart after O&S.

Only with Lost Izaleth. The rest of the late game is solid. Especially the DLC content.

>N64 graphics
>Darkness mechanic removed at the last minute for consoles
>The worst hitboxes in the entire franchise and thats saying something
>Soul memory punishes you for playing with other people
>Cracked orbs only, fuck you if you want to pvp
>Dodge rolls tied to a stat.
>Perhaps the worst level design in literal decades.

It had its problems. Bring these up and DS2 babies will always try to deflect to DS3.

Executioner's chariot wasn't all that bad honestly. It's certainly better than DS3's Ancient Wyvern at least.

It has a lot of jank and bad ideas. It tired the most and failed the most, but it also did some really fun shit that was then abandoned for the third.

>the shittiest DLC by far.

Attached: 367824-dark-souls-iii-ashes-of-ariandel-playstation-4-front-cover.jpg (800x800, 157K)

none of the areas make sense in the way they're connected and the beta test had better lighting than the final game
it gives you a feeling they just shoved the game out

>Ds1 completely falls apart after O&S
No, there's just a tone shift after aquiring the ability to warp. Le second half of Ds1 meme is so inaccurate desu.

That has the best boss of the entire series, though.

Just reached NG+8, lads. Right now I'm turning the flames in Majula Mansion to blue flames. Havel's armor is great because you can poise through resulting in fun exchanges against bosses.

Attached: 20190903011247_1.jpg (1920x1080, 393K)

I agree that DS2 is "objectively" the worst Souls game, but looking back on it, I'd much rather replay 2 than 3. 3 is better in nearly every aspect, but it's linearity and pretty much simplified gameplay (roll spam+ longsword) makes it a chore to replay

sekiro > des > bb >>>>>>>> ds2 > ds1 > ds3

>I agree
>objectively
I don't think you know what objectively means.

n64 textures and lighting, shitboxes, awful controls, some of the worst level design of all time and adaptability being a stat.

Attached: 1562489973001.webm (1280x720, 2.69M)

See, the idea of needing to stop a boss from being an environmental hazard before you actually fight it is really cool.
However, the skeletons are more annoying than challenging and the actual boss is piss easy.
The best thing about that boss is the music though. It's better than it has any right to be for what ends up being such a throwaway boss.

>The level design was shi-

Attached: Lost_Bastille_DaS2.jpg (640x360, 50K)

It had a lot of good ideas but you could literally feel the horrible development process it went through impacting everything as you played it.

That and the absolutely horrendous deadzones that just make it not fun or satisfying to play.

Attached: deadzones.webm (800x450, 2.94M)

No, it's too easy. Regenerating estus flasks, shards, cheap healing gems, the binding ring and unnecessarily frequent bonfires ruins the healing system. Frequency of souls, titanite and the covetous silver serpent ring makes the game absurdly easy if you invested souls in strength and great swords throughout the game. Every boss can be defeated by circle strafing. It's garbage forgettable gameplay.

>Champions Gravetender is the best boss in the series
Umm no?

At a base fucking level, Dark Souls 2 feels like shit to play compared to the Miyazaki games. All of the animations feel like they're happening underwater. They did some mo-cap stuff for DS2 they didn't do for other games and thank god they abandoned that failed experiment.

If it wasn't for that, I would forgive it. There's a ton of issues otherwise that come from the game being basically cobbled together at the last stage of development after Shibuya fucked it up, but that's the main reason it's my least favorite.

Why are you black?

nice sheet. like the design.

it's an annoying "fight" but that just makes it even better when you get the alternate ending for it
Totally optional fight too and the asshole in front of the boss fog is infinitely worse than the boss

in my opinion, as much as I enjoyed Souls 2, it was by far the most western (developer wise) influenced souls game of the bunch. the atmosphere just feels too Tolkien-inspired compared the other souls game which were more japanese influenced in comparison.

Attached: 1561669070968.webm (500x280, 1.63M)

what is this gif meant to say? you can walk slower in ds1 and original? i guess if ur some weird rp fag

>alternate ending
Pardon?

Also the patch which shows you how many areas there are and how many bonfires exist in each area which completely ruins any element of surprise early on.

Don't you know what deadzones are?

I just meant getting the hp kill vs going to phase 2 by dropping the gate

This and the DLCs are the only good areas. Sunken King in particular.

Attached: 1541541013166.png (645x729, 42K)

SotFS changes enemy placements and types to the point at which it is arguably a completely different game.

Ah aight

>Can't climb over a pile of three foot rubble
>So you go off and kill some of the most powerful entities in the world
Defend this.

Attached: Rubble pile.jpg (1280x720, 137K)

>Pursuer
>Chariot
>Sinner
>Freja
>Mytha
>Dragonslayer
>Veldstadt
>Darklurker
>Nashandra

There's quite a few good bosses I'd say, the problem is is how samey so many of them are. DS3 has the same problem but most of them are some variation of big humanoid with fancy weapon.

Dark Souls 1 does go to shit after O&S, the level design goes to shit and being completely linear, and you're expected to die against Seethe the 1st time you find him

Attached: 1399983794079.jpg (1920x1080, 192K)

Apparently if somebody presents an argument in a YouTube video the argument is suddenly invalidated and objectively false. Good to know.

The only thing I liked about dark souls 2 is the armor and weapons.
I'll forever be sad the blue flame sword is stuck in Dark Souls 2 while Dark Souls 3's equivalent is a fucking candle stick holder.

Why didn't they just completely remove that passage? Or put the shrine there and remove the side path? What the fuck was their problem?

Arguably a worse game
lol Iron Keep

The only positives about ds2 are power stancing and huge amount of viable weapons and builds, as opposed to only straight swords and ultra great swords being usable.

Attached: 1536337064982.webm (940x529, 2.34M)

lol sheep

The volcano is way behind the windmill. If you paid attention to the game you would have noticed that this particular part, and many others, show memory gaps. Just like how it's sunny, you go through a tunnel and suddenly it's raining and you're in front of a castle.
The first fucking cinematic tell you that everyone forget things. that's why you come to Drangleic, to find a cure. After mytha you walk for a long time until you reach the volcano. But why on earth would they make you walk for ages, when they can directly give you the elevator? If you're not retarded you'll understand that your character just forgets parts of his journey. Just like you see only a tiny sunken part of Heide's tower of flame from majula, and it seems extremely distant, while it's just after a small tunnel. Or even how you can meet an NPC, meet him again after a tunnel or a bridge, and he'll act like it's been days since he last saw you, while it's been 2 minutes.
Jesus, do shitposters even play the fucking games they shitpost about? Of all the things you could have complained about in DaS2, you chose the one thing that's clearly explained in the game, from the very first cinematic. Want something that makes no sense geographically speaking? Ash lake.

Attached: WaitAMinute2.jpg (601x625, 73K)

the overabundance of samey bosses, the fact that you have a dump stat that you NEED to level up to be able to dodge, and the bad level design.

There are some legitimately interesting and beautiful environmental designs that feel completely underused. Dragon Shrine and Dragon Aeire and Cathedral of Blue / Heide's Tower of Flame are all great ideas but they're both extremely short and disappointing. The Gutter was genuinely uncomfortable to explore and extremely memorable to me, but the rest of the game is so generic and monotone.

What about Ash Lake doesn't make sense to you?

Basically how I felt, I beat the game on launch weekend and said it sucked, and all of a sudden over the last year faggots say it's the best.

It's such a chore and unfun to play, I have 0 idea why they like it

There's also the matter of why you're even in Dragleic in the first place. According to the intro you're there to find a cure for your hollowing. You show up and the Maiden in Green tells you to find the King. Not much to do with your central goal but hey it's your only lead. So you find Vendrick and oops he's hollowed out already. Well now what? Guess you should just become a true monarch now? But the true monarch shit has nothing to do with you or with what you came there for, you just decided to get mixed up in Vendrick's divorce dispute and then set yourself on fire. Unless you bought the DLC or the Game of the Year Edi-I mean Scholar of the First Sin.

Attached: 1563072876329.jpg (223x251, 6K)

Are you retarded? We're talking about enemy layouts you dipshit. SotFS Iron Keep is cancer.

-t

Attached: 1543400591416.jpg (1600x842, 425K)

it's under the Swamp

Relies too much on fucking over the player for cheap deaths. The funny thing is they added shit like lifegems and brightbugs to try to offset the bullshit but its a pretty fucking lazy solution. Also unfun considering the game turns piss easy due to having a near infinite source of healing and a buff that gives you a percentage increase of offense/defense (mind you in a game where physical defense only reduces a fixed amount of damage) that STACKS with other magic buffs. Amateur game design at its finest.

It's under everything, the entire world of all the DS games is held up by the trees there.

Fucking hell this game was an embarrassing mess.

Attached: Dark Souls 2 - Forest of CIA.webm (640x360, 2.87M)

>dark souls 1 has every shitty excuse to poor level design but 2 doesn't
wew

Most of the arguments made by those YouTubers are the exact same points being made in this thread, the same points anybody would notice playing this mess with a critical eye.

The worst issue with the controls isn't even in the deadzones. It's the fact that you move relative to where the character is facing, and not the joystick itself. Because of this, you have to stagger all your actions until your guy is fully turned around, resulting in stupid shit like making attacking backwards out of a directional roll impossible. You'll just whiff completely, and not a single other game of theirs does this.

Attached: ds2_e3_2.png (1143x607, 716K)

This but unironically.

How is Ash Lake poor level design again? Are you literally just saying it's bad because it's under something because you misunderstand why people make fun of the windmill/volcano connection or what?

So the one and only time amnesia plays a role is when the internal logic of the game's environments make no sense whatsoever? Weird how it would only come up when convenient to justify B Team's laziness.

>Pursuer
Too simple and similar to other bosses.
>Chariot
Interesting gimmick but the actual "boss" is a joke, more challenge comes from downing the skeletons fast enough
>Sinner
Not bad but certainly not good. She's a top ten ds2 boss for sure but that's not really die to her own merit as it is the state of the other bosses
>Freja
Too easy to bait the laser attack for a hilariously long punish. Bigger challenge from the goons alongside the boss than the boss itself.
>Mytha
Besides easy to dodge spells she feels the same as a dragonrider, for example. Just dodge to the right, hit, repeat. The poison aspect is not integrated terribly well either.
>Dragonslayer
Fair but it's funny that one of the better ds2 bosses is ripped from ds1
>Velstadt
He fights like the pursuer except halfway though the fight he gives you a minute long to punish him while he charges a patheticly easy to dodge spell
>Darklurker
100% fair
>Nashandra
Mytha with curse orbs. Too easy especially for a final boss.

>Implying there are no well designed late game levels
>Implying there are no badly designed early game levels
Play ds1 before commenting on it

Does Dark Souls 2 fit under 'so bad it's good'?

Attached: DaS2 Aerial Delivery.webm (1280x720, 2.31M)

No, it's not even a terribly bad game on it's own, it's just not great when compared to other Souls games.

Dark Souls 2 has the best lore in the series.

Ds2 is my favorite of the series, except for blood borne if we count that, not only because it was my first souls game but also because there’s so many little secrets in it compared to the others. The hit boxes are complete garbage compared to the others but I think it can be forgiven. I’m not taking into account the dlcs tho. Those are fucking garbage what were they thinking. But the vanilla ds2 was one of my favorites.

No all it did was make everything slow and clunky as fuck so when Bloodborne and dark souls 3 came out you have shitters screaming their ass off that you can do more actions at once instead of running out of stamina from 2 swings.

It's good for a game but it's baaaaaad compared to ds1

Is Dark Souls 3 worth playing? I don't want to waste another 50 hours on a garbage souls game.

That's up to you to decide. Personally I think it's excellent and Dark Souls 2 is the only mediocre souls game, the rest are varying degrees of good to great.

DS2 has better bosses than DS1

Attached: ds2.png (1191x677, 327K)

>I don't want to waste another 50 hours on a garbage souls game.
Stay far away from Hallway Rolls 3, then.

Attached: Roll roll roll roll roll R1 R1 R1 R1.webm (960x540, 2.82M)

seething zoomer

Ds3 is better than ds2 despite what redditors tell you.
It's only on repeat playthroughs that Ds3 starts to get shit

It's not up to me to decide whether it's worth my time or not because I've never played it and know nothing about it which is why I'm asking.

Yea Forumseddit is full of gamers with 5k+ hrs on TF2
I wouldn't listen to em

Attached: 1469215865668242.png (225x224, 18K)

Well guess what big boy you can't always trust another person's opinion. Least of all on Yea Forums.
Watch gameplay, make your decision.

>Implying TF2 isn't one of the best games of all time

Attached: Team Fortress 2 - Greatest Spy plays.webm (718x404, 741K)

I wish it could go two seconds without jerking off DS1. Also, I hate the way they write item descriptions in 2. For example

>DS1
>This was the ring given to Sir Dicknose of Pussburg after slaying the titty demon. He left Pussburg to find bigger tit demons to slay.
>DS2
>Some say this ring belonged to a famous demon slayer that disappeared after slaying boob monsters. BUT COULD IT BE POSSIBLE???

They ended so many item descriptions with forced "mystery" that it started to really piss me off.

putting the DARK in DARK SOULS

Thanks for the advice.

refer to the chart.

Attached: AccurateRankings.jpg (1054x2930, 955K)

More like Dark SouLESS
It felt so gross and horrible, gameplay, story and setting wise. Everything good about DS1/3 is gone and replaced with the equivalent of a fangame duplicate made by fans who think they can do it better.

I'm not sure how to interpret this. Bloodborne is for niggers?

2 had soul.
3 was soulless.

When you forget that lifegems are a thing.

Attached: 1558882566721.jpg (359x305, 51K)

3 was fucking great what are you talking about?

Imagine having taste this shit
>Velstadt A tier
What a joke

OHNONONO

1.Walking directly into a trap

It’s got a lot of flaws but I enjoy the jank challenge and seeing the creative extent that FromSoft could implement.

>weakest
It's not the weakest so much as it's complete garbage that only literal shit eating retards with no sense of game design or mechanics pretend is good.

>you're free to be a contrarian
This is literally the only reason why people defend it. They want to be different. This is why they try to drag DS and DS3 down, instead of explaining why DS2 is good.

>what are you talking about
Reality.

Attached: Rolling Simulator 2.webm (700x400, 1.17M)

it hurts so much, my only hope is that a few autists will take the time to rebuid the game
youtube.com/watch?v=59eLW1IGUCU

I will say this for DS2: It had the best fashion of the entire series by a considerable margin.

Attached: Alva comparison.jpg (996x1395, 469K)

Because it’s shit.

I think I watched that video, the zoomie fagola admitted he played like 20 hours of the game by the time of his """review""" >le elevator to le iron le keep upvoted! upvoted!
They fixed the soul memory issue with the agape ring. By sacrificing a ring slot you self-handicap to further style on your enemies, and real fans understand that is the true essence of souls games. Sweaty min/max optimization is for nerds.
Basically this. 1 was amazing fresh jank. 3 was polished to a shine but soulless. 2 was the sweet spot in-between. The game is subjectively the best for the lore and the world imo. I loved the curse / Vendrick / Aldia story more so than the epiccc god-wrangling of 1 and 3. In most areas the levels are completely silent and feature no music, which is excellent for immersion. The game is objectively the best because it has the most build variety and sheer quantity of VIABLE builds by far.
just admit you got btfo and booty-bothered getting invaded even while hollow and dropped the game LMAO

Attached: 1872029932644.jpg (600x600, 98K)

Based.

twitch.tv/staydmcmuffin/videos
This madlad is fixing the lighting, hopefully someday people can fix the wold continuity

Looking at the top image is such a staggering contrast from the night pic. You can tell the darkness and moonlight were implemented just fine but actual warm light went down the toilet due to hardware demands.

Attached: file.png (316x106, 13K)

Is this the most reddit achievement of all time?

DUDE YOU DIED
EPIC B TEAM

For me it's because you can't combo R1s with R2s at all.

The bottom is DS3.

A based black man I would proudly call brother :3
Nice collection my dude

What the fuck you can roll in this game? 0/10
Guess what nigger you can do this exact same thing in any souls game. As soon as you gain even 1 stamina you can roll again.
Stop repeating this every single thread. We know. Nobody gives a fuck.

>Playing game for the first time
>Meet the old hags
>YOU'RE GOING TO DIE A LOT LEL SO EPIC

I really hated DS2 my first time through. They grasped entirely the wrong stick.

Couldn’t notice. Nighttime doesn’t look too bad in DS2 from what I remember.

Attached: aiportraits_1563706940.jpg (512x512, 13K)

There was once a thread of about 60 of these, including one that I took myself that shows me hitting a mimic and rolling down a ladder, only to be teleported back upstairs and into its mouth. ...and DS2fags still wanted this to be a hill that they die on.

Cope.

Attached: Roll Simulator.webm (640x360, 2.85M)

woah. . . Bloodborne is shit huh

Attached: Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll Roll.webm (960x540, 2.81M)

Cope, DS3let.

Attached: Dark Souls 3 - King of rolls.webm (960x540, 2.96M)

>1 was amazing fresh jank. 3 was polished to a shine but soulless. 2 was the sweet spot in-between
I can't imagine actually being retarded enough to think 2 had any polishing done at all. Also
>wow! look at all this variety where every permutation is a complete fucking chore to play because of the shitty deadzones, the shitty floaty movement, the shitty hitboxes, the shitty way you can't aim an attack after a roll, the shitty way you can't aim a second+ attack in a chain, the shitty way you have to stop for 10 seconds for stamina after performing two actions, the shitty enemy tracking, and the shitty boring piss easy bosses! it's absolutely the best!

*hits pipe*

>cope
Imagine resorting to this when you get told.
How embarrassing.

Attached: evil smug.jpg (423x412, 83K)

You know every game in the series is roll to avoid shit right?

tastelets seethe

This please like and subscribe my e-friends

imagine being this shit at roll clipping

Attached: 1495940003573.png (434x340, 93K)

Thanks for your faggot opinion that will be forgotten in

Do you need to double check with Matthew before you settle on an answer?

Floaty and unsatisfying combat
Half baked level design
Horrendous visuals
Forgettable bosses
Forgettable enemies
Forgettable soundtrack

The dev team had so much trouble trying to develop this game they went through several builds of content that was stiched together for a final release. Even the old director had to be let go because they weren't making progress. A group of amateurs shouldn't be in charge of a main title of an existing IP. It always brings out a bad product.

Post it

Attached: 1540362034730.jpg (640x479, 36K)

It lacks cohesion and polish, basically.

Attached: DSP Dark Souls Backstabs.webm (1280x720, 2.76M)

I think DaS2 released around the time that webms were first implemented on Yea Forums. People had a field day.

I dunno but of all my souls playthroughs, the one I did with this guy is one of my most memorable.

I enjoyed ds2.

Attached: Santier's_Spear.png (220x165, 8K)

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

no.

>Lud & Zallen
>shit tier

FILTERED

That's not my opinion that's an explanation as to why those bosses objectively suck.

Except all those bosses are objectively great.

Is this the only time where DSP was in the right?

> 2 was the sweet spot in-between
What an absolutely wrong opinion.

>reskin
>same boss but now there's two
>actual boss is piss easy but the run up is literally the worst in the series
>and it's PAID DLC

No, he turned around. You can see it for a split second.

Right.
Wrong.

I have decided, you can stop arguing now.

Attached: DSP Chained Ogre.webm (888x500, 2.81M)

I explained why they are not and you literally couldnt refute it if you tried.

No he's a retard and didn't lock on when he tried to back off and presented his asshole to that balder.

When something is objective, there's nothing to refute. That is the definition of objective.

>People STILL discussing dark souls 2 every day
>Sekiro completely forgotten

That explains why you can't refute the objective fact that those bosses are shit

Sekiro was thoroughly mediocre. Dark Souls 2 was a dumpsterfire follow up to one of the best games of all time. Of course the dumpsterfire is going to be discussed more.

The objective fact is that all of those bosses are great.

Could mods fix Dark Souls 2?

who the fuck even reads patch notes

pretty sure he means Friede

>Pursuer
garbage fight with the worst hitboxes of all fucking time and space, pic related
>Chariot
are you joking
>Sinner
ok
>Freja
ok
>Mytha
maaaaybe, cool atmosphere at least
>Dragonslayer
no. Ornstein was a great boss with Smough putting pressure on you and super ornstein was solid. Unsuper ornstein with no Smough is forgettable at best, I thought you meant dragonriders at first that's how little this boss means
>Veldstadt
ok
>Darklurker
ok
>Nashandra
piss easy fight everyone can first try unless you're a brainlet and get hit by the slowest curse buildup ever

Fume Knight, Ivory King, and Sir Alonne were solid too. The rest - which is the vast majority - range from disappointing to downright embarrassing (looking at you, reskin demon).

Attached: 560ab592-cafe-4b15-87d6-470db077bff7..gif (294x233, 967K)

>more discussions = higher quality
I'm so tired of this meme. If anything the opposite is true.
You know how many fucking threads Katawa Shoujo has gotten on /vg/? How many identity politics threads get spammed on Yea Forums? E-celeb drama? E-sports drama? Yea Forums threads are not a good barometer for quality.

check that twitch channel posted, some guy is reworking light textures and levels, it already looks better

yea i got lost to and ended up fucking looking up where i needed to go because i didnt realize i had to go back the queen ho for directions on where to go

Identity politics threads are high IQ, though.

I've been in those threads, they're really not.

I have already refuted this, something you cannot do to me

that boss was easy though
in fact all the main quest bosses are easy and they were deliberately made so

That was the joke

This. The learning curve infuriates the average player.

>3 was polished to a shine but soulless. 2 was the sweet spot in-between.
Only retarded DaS2fags pretend this is true because they have no understanding of level design or combat mechanics. They're actually stupid enough to think that trying something different is worth anything in and of itself even it fails miserably on every level. I can't stress enough how stupid you need to be to think like that.

It's easy though

Those pajamas look comfy.

>blunders without a care into a dangerous situation without taking time to assess other courses of action (like noticing you have a view of the room from above and you can easily defuse the ambush from safety)
>dies like a bitch

The Chained Ogre in Sekiro is an absolute delight. Drop kicks, the peoples elbow, suplexes you, shit is great.

He's pretty much /ourguy/.

Attached: Chained Ogre Fight.webm (1280x720, 2.99M)

Sekiro was a great game. We all played it a few times, and laughed at the scrubs who couldn't get gud. There isn't much to talk about. The fact that people continue to pretend DaS2 is good means we'll have threads for years and years.

The controls above all else. It feels like you’re moving through molasses with literally everything you do.

Notice how Bloodborne actually took the trouble to make your character dash instead of roll while you're locked on, unlike DS3.

Not patch notes. The patch that changed it to show the areas you could travel to before you even know they exist

For me it’s something I never see anyone even mention
The movement and the combat system in general feels really floaty
Like I’m barely hitting them with a stick that just passes through enemies

Attached: 357E77D4-D808-4A06-837B-E28CFA5B19B8.jpg (831x480, 48K)

who gives a fuck what these dorks think about a game
either have fun with or don't play it

Awaken mah games, mah massah!

Based.

"Oh no! My buggy laggy cheat emulator is not working the way I wanted it to [sad emote].

Literally what did he mean by this?

das1 retards have bad taste

hbomberguy is 100% correct

I can tell that footage has been recorded on a custom PC. From the pixels and from seeing quite a few in my time.

ds2 is a great game despite some areas looking half finished.

Pure and simple, it's Jank. DS2 is by far the Jankiest of the souls games. It feels buggy and unpolished and in general less satisfying to play. Everyone who has the capacity to get past jank to appreciate the ridiculous level of viable weapon selections and build options in general gets through to really enjoy the most out of it, hence the rabid fanbase of defenders. It's the same kind of thing with people who play eurojank like Elex or Gothic while elderscrolls fags jump in tell them how shit their games are.

2 and 3 are both piles of dogshit and anybody who ranks them above anything other than each other should be promptly disregarded

Attached: 1447022441903.jpg (555x644, 31K)

Harris is wrong, objectively.

This but unironically.

harris is objectively, unequivocally correct about every single thing he said about dark souls 2 and you are a retard

>Harris right, objectively.
ftfy

Attached: 1549685095169.jpg (1446x1080, 343K)

Reminder that both DS2 and DS3 wasted years of From's time that could have been used on making games that were more original, more diverse, and weren't unnecessary sequels.

Dark Souls 2 and 3 made their own series worse by simply existing.

dumb pasta poster

I'm the one who made the pasta, though.

Attached: NowWaitAMinute.jpg (900x526, 48K)

doesn't make you less dumb for justifying a clear sign of rushed development with headcanon

thats all dark souls lore videos

No one has ever refuted it.

Attached: alvaCup.png (1040x1040, 525K)

How the fuck have you never seen people complain about the movement? It gets shit on non-stop.

plenty of people have but you'll keep posting it for the (you)s

Not mod could ever fix the sluggish/janky movement. It's like people trying to mod Skyrim into having good combat. It just isn't possible.

>spamming your own pasta
>spamming your own idiotic pasta that doesn't make an actual point
I knew DaS2fags were pathetic, but I didn't think they were this pathetic.

Pve was really fun, but pvp was gimmicky to all fuck, too easy to abuse shitty mechanics and overpowered spells but fanboys will always deny that part

Git gud.

Attached: DaS2 God Tier PvP Skills.webm (1920x1080, 2.92M)

The entire Dark Souls trilogy is the laughing stock of Fromsoft games

Did you forget Armored Core "Back To Our Roots" V exists?

>It's another Snoygro cope

Attached: GOAT Souls.png (1676x676, 372K)

yeah is a magic code, impossible to find and decipher

I always saw parrying as the shitter move, its got far too many active frames which ds3 fixed and basically wins you the duel
So to you i say
Git gud

>licking ass knight anywhere above shit

Attached: image0_9.jpg (516x485, 226K)

your reaction doesn't even match your shitpost you loser

Yes. Without the source code, modding can only go so far.

Based.

what wrong with your hand?

Looks like frostbite.

1 > 3 > 2
alternatively play Demon's or Bloodborne if you haven't already

Attached: a toast.png (332x378, 190K)

Mastadon Greatsword is so fucking based.

Oh wow, we sure haven't had this thread a million times, maybe after this millionth time OP newfag will know.

Greatswords in general are based.

Attached: DaS2 Greatsword Madness.webm (960x540, 2.91M)

Couldn't git gud

>t. newfag

youtu.be/p9hoAyx3-0I
I liked Majula's theme and even though people seem to hate it for it I liked the overabundance of quantity in the game. The game had so many different weapons to choose from and most situations were simply trumped by having right tool with you. Though I really wish they still kept aiming spells from network test.
The only thing that I really disliked is either winning 100 times in a row in some arena to unlock spells or to complete the game 3 times persave.

2pbp

If only they didn't completely remove knockback from the game
From fucking hates fun. Probably the same twat that removed that nerfed Soul Stream in 3.

Because people are idiots. It is best Souls

Don't forget to post the same opinion over and over, I sure as hell haven't seen it before for the millionth time, don't forget to make this thread again in 2 days.

fucking nerd talk

Nice drawing but meh taste
Elana, Lost Sinner and Mytha should be higher

Will do. Just to piss you off !

>too hard for plebs
Are you retarded or just a complete shitter?

Attached: 1491762823395.png (110x114, 12K)

For me at least, the original release was unpleasantly floaty. The roll was incredibly deceiving until you upgraded it as well.

Beyond that, it didn't feel like as cohesive a world, I personally didn't find as many of the bosses/areas interesting.

Attached: Today I will remind them.jpg (1600x842, 425K)

spbp

Everyone uses reddit m8, the meme is dead.

I hate you and everyone like you.

DS2 is so forgettable, I probably couldn't put a name to most of the bosses if I were given only their pictures.

I like you and hope you have a good day :)

Attached: Covetous_Demon.jpg (1968x1584, 378K)

Maybe remove the filename next time, D2 brainlet.

>look mom i cherrypicked again

>cherrypicked

Attached: das2hasgoodgraphics.webm (1600x900, 826K)

The whole thing is just slapped together and makes no sense.
One aspect that never gets mentioned is how most NPCs feel like they were put in their roles and not as if they belong to them.
Chloanne for example is supposed to be a stonetrader yet nothing about her design looks the part and with her scalpels, scissors, protective apron and bones she looks at feels more like she was once a scientist character that got repurposed.
Felkin is some guy in a chair in buttfuck nowhere that stares at walls which just screams "I was once supposed to be placed somewhere else".
Lenigast doesn't even properly exist in the artbook outside of a redesigned enemy so he got repurposed, too.
And the less said about Ornifex, a random-ass enemy from DS1 recycled into a blacksmith, the better.

The best part of this webm isn't the end, it's that you don't even need to get that far into it for it to prove its point. The texture on that wall in front of the character is repeated to fuck and back.

>Ornifex is literally a Harpie model
How did they get away with this one?

>shitty graphics
>shitty level design
>shitty enemies
>shitty story

all of these areas were things that its predecessor did exceedingly well in and to fall from such high standards is frankly embarrassing

literally explained in the intro along with the effects of hollowing you lorelet

I hope everyone who uses Reddit gets ass cancer.

Because the majority of people on Yea Forums are shitters and have terrible ideas about video games, and often have shit taste.

>none of the level designs or characters are supposed to make sense or be well designed!
DaS2fags are something else.

He didn't notice that you can see into the room before you drop down.

because people older than 15 remember the massive graphical downgrade that game got right before release and the shitstorm that followed
also the world makes no geographical sense at all

>The whole thing is just slapped together and makes no sense.

DS2 is unironically the one that makes the most sense of them all, even areas.

Attached: DAS DEBACLE.jpg (400x274, 102K)

You can do the same at the starting bonfire of the Undead Crypt.
Turn around and look up and you can see the elevator shaft because the room has no ceiling.

it is considered the hardest, by noobs.

Ah yes, the intro that was made by a different studio and is so outdated that it still uses Dragon Shrine as Drangleic Castle.

Man, i spent hundreds of hours pvping. I hate souls pvp, but in 2, it was fun. So much time spent on that bridge in the lava area. That pvp arena.. Oh and helping people fight the dlc bosses (i never do co op in souls but 2).

Dunno why, just enjoyed co op and pvp heavily in this game. Remember that flame greatsword and the blue greatsword from the dlc boss and powerstancing them, that was some good shit

Dark Souls 2 would never repeat textures, user.

Attached: Souls Aesthetics Comparison.jpg (3838x3020, 2.36M)

ADP, Combat feels like ass and the game looks like ass and their solution for difficulty was "A bunch of mobs are on the same trigger and try to overwhelm the player with sheer numbers"

Everything else could have been ignored. If not for these factors people would still meme about how retarded all the other things are but the game would have been received much better and not have nearly the amount of hate it has because it would still be FUN TO PLAY. The core problem with the game is gameplay related and not the retarded claims of the Iron Keep being placed stupidly.

>pic
I forgot about that part
I stil have nightmares from that forest zone thou

>Combat feels like as-

Attached: Dark Souls 2 - Adaptability and Agility Comparisons.webm (857x480, 2.33M)

>a core mechanic of the game is now a mandatory stat investment
Explain to me why this is a good thing.

So how are you gonna explain resistance in ds1?

check and mate

ADP is only a side problem of the combat. The hit reactions, the horrible animations and the general feel of movement and attacking is terrible. Nothing feels like it really has any impact except for the pancake move that some big weapons have.

>i hate this game sooo much i cant stop talking about it and making threads about it
Rent free cucks. god it feels fucking great being a ds2CHAD

Attached: DS2CHAD.png (633x758, 271K)

>Enemies literally hitting thin air and hurting you is okay because stats
What has to go wrong in your life to end up liking DaS2?

That it too was bad game design? So bad that no one ever puts any points into it? Just like you're FORCED to get ADP to a breakpoint to even play the game normally?

What do you consider as "normal"? Because I only put 5 points in ADP and had a fine time.

Apparently good enough of a stat that it was still in the DS2 beta.

DS2 unironically has the best PvP in all of Souls. It's just such a shame everything else was so bad except for a few shining lights (Alonne, Fume Knight, Vestaldt,etc.)

Haha yeah, I watched the Matthewmatosis video too! xD

>DS2 unironically has the best PvP in all of Souls.

Attached: das2isagoodgame5.webm (800x452, 2.66M)

ADP.

96 Agility, which gives you 11 iframes, which is the same as DS1 midroll.

Best PvP? No it doesn't. It had the most INTERESTING PvP of any game in the series. You would see all kinds of weird shit because of the build variety but the actual quality of the PvP was hampered by the low quality of the game design. Its something that always made me sad. DaS2 was probably the most fun I had with PvP but it was also the most retarded and poorly designed.

Usually my first encounters are the most important. In ds3, some dude had a crossbow and lightning build and just used that while circling around me for 15 minutes as i tried hitting him (kept rolling) away. The rolling was just retarded so i had enough of that after one fight. In ds1 it was some hyper sped up naked dude jumping around like crazy and backstab fishing constantly..

ds2 was just fun, nice quick fights, no "bs" besides some wonky hitboxed like that chaos katana thing, i spent time in the pvp arenas, spent time in the lava arenas, it was genuine fun hosting those bridge parties and joining the ones Yea Forums made

I could get in a webm war with you, but I'll just leave you with this before bed.

Attached: 1451376157953.webm (1280x720, 1.95M)

Based.

I can't really agree. DS2 had flaws, but I'd prefer over the backstab centric DS1 and the general bullshit that was DS3.

Attached: Pimp Slap.webm (640x360, 1.53M)

>People still perpetuating the 'Dark Souls 1 had bad PvP' meme

Attached: Dark Souls PvP.webm (768x432, 3M)

>DS2 unironically has the best PvP in all of Souls
Options mean nothing when fundamental game mechanics are shit.

this was staged right, it couldnt have been an actual fight

>Dual Lightning Avelyn Turtle Meta
>Faith totally neutered
>Lingering Flame and Flame Swathe Meta
Given my experiences were from between launch and the DLCs but it there is a lot of stupid and poorly balanced and designed shit in the game. It also doesn't really feel good landing or taking hits. It was still extremely fun but it wasn't consistent and it was mostly fun because of how broken it was.

>archerfag stand on obvious corpse dumpster then looking in corner for 5 seconds and trying close range shoot jumping golem with two zombies
Also literaly pic.

Attached: capra_demon_by_peterlof_dcl6nwo-pre.jpg (1095x730, 111K)

Attached: Dark Souls PvP 2.webm (711x400, 2.79M)

>muh world
>muh hitboxes that aren't even bad if you have agility so your own don't lag like all fuck
>muh lighting
>muh it's-not-just-1-again

Attached: memes.jpg (280x350, 23K)

Meta? Wtf kind of elo rank ds2 pvp did you play? I literally never heard something of a ds2 meta but the op lightning in the start. I saw hundreds of builds and most of them were funny guts cosplays.

>By saying MUH you completely disprove those arguments
When I tried this at a debate the moderator told me to kill myself.

because nobody fucking played Demon's Souls
also this, but their ways of trying to balance difficulty were fucking stupid, like laser targeting enemies that pivot in place to face you.
also, people don't realize that Scholar was made with people who played the base game in mind. the playerbase split means people JUST start with Scholar, which leads to a lot of surprise, dissatisfaction, and butt hurt about the ridiculous amount of enemies they scatter everywhere.
base game is infinitely better, the only thing Scholar has over it is spiders actually being afraid of fire like they're supposed to be.

DS2 is the Modern Warfare 2 of all From games.

It's a real piece of shit game, but it's so terrible it has some of the most fun multiplayer in the entire series.

I don't feel like actually arguing my points so I'm just doing a shitty meme argument.
get owned, nerd

Attached: dabguy.jpg (1080x1304, 75K)

>it's a real piece of shit
lmao no
but no matter WHAT you think the worst Souls game is (not just DS2, but ANY game in the series, no matter which one) it's STILL only a 6/10 at the absolute worst
NO Souls game is "a bad game," they just pale in comparison to the better games in the series

Christ that was funny

Based moderator.

When the game first came out if you were PvPing you would run into them a lot. If you didn't play it at launch or around the time of the DLCs you would probably just encounter weirdos. Not to mention all the mules running about because about a week after DaS2 launched on the PS3 there was a megamule and the fucking place was filled with SL 700 people with an SM of someone in the 20s.

gigaskill ds2chads vs.
ds3tourist keks
the casuls were burned away from the superior game, as evidenced by this thread

I don't even remember that thing.
I remember these three retards in that ruined tower with their flimsy hammers who are jumping you and I forgot what they are called.

>Why, yes, Dark Souls 2 is my favorite Souls game. What made it so obvious?

Attached: gigachadSmile.jpg (912x1024, 71K)

>he means Friede
>lil whiney gal
>one hit kill
>repeat 3 times
And that's why ds3 is pure shit. Just like in ds2 dlc you MUST evade all attacks because you can take only two hits at best. No tank, no parry, no stun, no weakpoints, no safeplace, no fucking armor upgrade, estus is a fucking joke, just 3 minutes of jumping around with trying to hit that cutie butt with several tries to find perfect timing for rolls.
inb4 le git la gut - fuck you and your rolling zombies i'm going full cuhrayzee with my chad bros dante and raiden

It's like the first souls but darker

Because you can forget about "core mechanic" and play whatevet you wants that's what RPG is supposed to be.
Light armor rolla in ds is like stealth archer in skyrim - it's stupidely easy and absolutely no fuin. add some thrusting weapons or pyromancy spam in ds3 and you can beat game with closed eyes.

>Why, yes, Dark Souls 2 is my favorite Souls game. What made it so obvious?

Attached: 1560386508957.jpg (644x800, 93K)

Kek

>it's STILL only a 6/10 at the absolute worst
It's not even a 6/10 at best.

>Design game around a certain stat level
>Feels horrible when you are below that level
>ITS AN RPG MAN
Great. Can't wait for an RPG where I have to pump up Finesse so that my swings have more active frames and the stat starts so that only the first .1 second of my swing does damage and the rest of it is for show.

This.

The Surge 2 will be better than Dark Souls 2 and probably Dark Souls 3. How is it that they can improve so much over the course of three games but From has difficulty with it?

>muh things
>muh stuff

Attached: 1447907974573.jpg (184x184, 6K)

Because it's easier to improve over Lords of the Fallen than it is Dark Souls. That being said, The Surge was still better than Dark Souls 2.

Tons of people went to the skeleton graveyard in ds1. Had tons of problems. Had to look up stuff and realize there is another way, but this is great game design right, its not the game devs fault people are stupid, right? Its genius to design a game where you can go a really bad way just from the start!

Those aren't even comparable you disingenuous nigger.

It's not mandatory. I never used ADP, and I still had max level arena rank and won the game with several different character types.

If you can't roll dodge those guys and need a crutch, cool, but the guy at the start of hat video is godawful at timing.

If you needed to use weapons, rings, armor and didn't make sure to always stay at 1 HP then you are a scrub. Because I have stated this my arguments have more merit and I am saying that that ADP is still terrible design.

See how that works? What you did isn't an argument.

If i go on some psn trophy site and check the ps3 numbers, 50 percent beat ds2 (obviously only counting the people on that site), ds1 had 40 and 30 percent for the different endings

What did most people do while playing ds1 (not at launch)? Look up what the point of resistance was. Same with ds2, what the point of ADP was. I would argue you get rewarded in ds2 for upgrading a stat at launch with no info while you get punished in 1.

You keep jumping arguments and going "WELL WHAT ABOUT THIS SEE". Resistance was a worthless addition and adding to it could fuck a build up. ADP was actively detrimental to the quality of everyone playing and made the game play and feel worse. I get that you are one of those autists that can't handle people having a problem with something but this is just stupid. One thing being bad does not excuse something else. ADP was unequivocally terrible and stupid and reeing about Dark Souls 1 having problems doesn't change anything.

Agreed, some of my fondest pvp memories involve that lava bridge level. I had a super heavy armor build that was actually a cute anime girl and after I won I’d take off the helmet and wave. Also
>spend the whole fight making them think you’re a broadswordfag and then switch to the dragon tooth when you get the parry to 1HK
>Pretend you’re a melee build but then swap to pyro at the end of the fight when they least expect it and finish it with a forbidden sun
The builds had a lot of variety

Yeah but, who cares? Why are you so mad about it? It only takes like what, 20 levels to get a normal agility level? Literally all games have this kind of thing where you ask for pointers and its "dude, absolutely do x, dont forget to do y, make sure you do x before y" etc..

Just like its dumb you spend points on resistance in 1 its dumb to not put any in agility in 2. When someone says, im gonna play ds2, you say, ADP is important bro! Literally almost all games have this kind of thing. Something simple that can make things easier or much worse if you dont pay attention to it.

You are the one being autistic.

Soul Memory a shit

Imagine giving a fuck about PvP in a souls game

Like, play an actually good multiplayer game, Souls PvP sucks so much shit.

>Why do you care about bad game design?
>Its stupid for you to have a problem with it all games have something like this!
>No you are the one being autistic.

No this is you being a strange DaS2 autist which is funny because I don't even hate the game but ADP was objectively bad game design and nobody liked it. What you are doing is trying to spin it as a positive or as being okay because you have a weird fixation on defending the game. Otherwise you would have just said nothing or admitted that it was poor design but it is what is instead of reeing about other games which is what every defensive cunt who doesn't have an argument when their favorite something is questioned does.

the only thing it did great was powerstance and moveset versatility, and offhanding being actually viable. that was it. the animations too, they were fucking amazing but needed to be refined because they were so floaty. ds2 is lost potential every step of the way and I wish bteam would get a second chance at a real souls game instead of a rushed game

so what lmao, fallout is one of my fav games and putting points in charisma is retarded and not putting any in intelligence is stupid, literally the best of the best games all have these types of stuff, not picking gifted? yeah, thats retarded bro, makes the game harder... bad game design, right? yet still considered one of the best games

the issue i have is you acting like its some humongous issue that makes the game irredeemable, its a small thing, you level it up a bit and the issue goes away, nothing too bad, keep seething tho

Because it is. It's the one I felt the worst about purchasing once I finished it and that's saying something considering I purchased DS3 at launch too. The lows of DS2 are plenty and some are embarrasing, its highlights are few and far apart.

i remember the first time i got parried and the dude took away his little sword for some gigantic ass sword and ripping away 90 percent of my health.. now that was some epic gamer stuff right there

>the animations too, they were fucking amazing

Attached: DaS2 Falconer.webm (896x504, 2.91M)

It's not mandatory, it just makes game easier. Just like every other stat does. Someone could make a webm like this but with vigor instead of ADP, showing lower hp player dying after a hit while the other one lives and it would make just as much sense as the original webm. Because vigor, and other stats like strength, dex etc. are as much mandatory investment as ADP

in this case, its actually so funny it becomes amazing tho

>Dark Spirit xXGiantDad420Xx has invaded!

Attached: giant_dad.png (500x500, 420K)

>ADP makes the game irredeemable
No this is again something your DaS2 defense force mind is creating. I never said ADP made it irredeemable and I even stated I don't hate the game.

You are just being autistic about it and keep bringing up other games and trying to equate them to dissimilar things. The most accurate comparison was already stated and it was a game in which the active frames on your attack are extremely small and you need to put points into a stat in order to increase them.

Its bad game design. You are just being disingenuous and literally putting words into my mouth because you can't accept that it was poor design. You are so delusional that anyone that thinks that ADP was bad design has to be seething and hate DaS2 so you create strawmen.

>Someone could make a webm like this but with vigor instead of ADP, showing lower hp player dying after a hit while the other one lives and it would make just as much sense as the original webm. Because vigor, and other stats like strength, dex etc. are as much mandatory investment as ADP
And yet ADP is only in one of 6 fucking games. Imagine that. It's ok to like DS2, hell it can even be your favorite, but be able to admit it's trash in anything but a vacuum.

If combat feels stupid without it and you expect players to put points into anyway then there was no reason to make it a stat in the first place especially when it is something as essential as Iframes in an action game which you also designed the combat encounters around in being at a certain level.

Are you the same guy that used to bitch about this in the threads back when the game was first released? I feel like you are

i said you are acting like it, not that you said it, like sure, its a little bit of bad game design, but again, who cares? like i said, most of the best games ever created also have lots of these similar type of "bad game design" stuff where you dont do x, y gets much harder, and still, adp also gives alot of other benefits so it isnt that bad to level it anyway

i can easily forgive b team for something like this, very easily, dont mind at all

>ADP also gives a lot of other benefits
Please just fucking stop. People only grudgingly raise ADP.
>But who cares
Everyone who played Dark Souls 2 and the fucking design team for the souls series. Its so crazy watching someone try to convince themselves that something was fine when fucking everyone including the people who made it said yes it was a bad idea. You are the only dumb nigger still trying to justify it.

With or without adp the game doesn't change much in difficulty. You have plenty of lifegems to basically live forever. so why even bother with a guy who defends a menial and broken stat that in the long run just makes everything easier.

>Please just fucking stop. People only grudgingly raise ADP.
lol you care too much about games if you grudgingly increase a stat a little bit to get some iframes
>Everyone who played Dark Souls 2 and the fucking design team for the souls series. Its so crazy watching someone try to convince themselves that something was fine when fucking everyone including the people who made it said yes it was a bad idea. You are the only dumb nigger still trying to justify it.
lmao seeth

>If combat feels stupid without it and you expect players to put points into anyway then there was no reason to make it a stat in the first place especially when it is something as essential as Iframes in an action game which you also designed the combat encounters around in being at a certain level.

Why not just remove all rpg elements at this point then?

>lol you care too much
>lmao seethe
This coming from the insane DaS2 fanboy. I'm done with you and your dumb nigger brain.

>ADP was actively detrimental to the quality of everyone playing and made the game play and feel worse
Only for people who tried to spamroll out of everything. Play through DS2 on soul level 1 and you'll see how easy it is to adapt to having base agility. It's literally a non issue if you have more than half a brain and use omnidirectional rolling to your advantage.

it was just a silly idea they made, they tried, they failed, i think adp is cute and i think its cute how they tied i frames to a stat, its almost a very unique way to fuck up a game, it adds to the theme of pvp being so broken its lots of fun, a general them with this game, its absurd! you are completely right! but that makes it stand out, its that thing you think about when you think about the good old times playing it

i commend b team!

I thought that the actual problem was broken and trailing hitboxes that don't match the character model animations, and ADP was just a quick way to try and mitigate it.

Probably not because this one eceleb DaS2 critique video wasn't yet out back then

>action game
it's an RPG, Bloodborne and Sekiro are action games

i didn't mind it as a Souls game that i could play when drunk/too tired to make much of an effort

it was easy af but still dark souls so kinda had its own niche for me

Attached: 1496181793768.png (657x527, 37K)

This is the biggest cope of them all. Yes everyone who dislikes DaS2 was because of one DaS2 critique video. That one guy turned everyone against the game and nobody had a problem with it before him. Lets ignore everything else and blame one person because he bitched about a comprehensive list of things which means that anyone who bitches after him was due to him including the people who were bitching loudly before the video was out. A single youtuber is the boogeyman of DaS2 and because he made a single video it made everyone hate the game for no reason other than following the crowd.

youtube.com/watch?v=zEWXwMBex_s

Because no one appreciates the effort that went into the boss fights.

Attached: 1441809424063.jpg (123x182, 4K)

Not the point of what he said. The point is people (especially zoomers) tend to throw away the idea of forming their own opinion in favor of parroting their favorite YouTuber. See the sudden surge of hate for OoT, and notice how everyone pretty much copies Sequelitis verbatim when they shit on it. Not saying you can't dislike (game), just saying it's disingenuous to only feel that way because a YouTuber does.

Its disingenuous to assume or state that everyone has a problem with a game because of a year old youtube video. The only people mentioning the video are the ones defending the game.

>Now, I want to make it perfectly clear that Dark Souls 2 is still a good game and I'm being completely genuine, when I say that I'd rather play it than most games released over the past few years.
Was he right?

Attached: Matthewmatosis.jpg (900x900, 32K)

Not when it's obvious, it isn't.

>Not when it's obvious it, it isn't
It is only obvious to schizophrenics who also think its obvious that their mailman is secretly trying to poison them with Jheri Curls covered in Asbestos. When you think that everyone hates it because of a video then it becomes obvious to you that they must only be sheep following the herd of a video they probably never even watched.

Soul Memory

And the agape ring is a bandaid over a festering wound

I didn't enjoy any of them except 1 and Bloodborne. Haven't played Demon Souls tho

Haven't played eldritch doll adventures just yet, but of the others I'd say 3 is my least favorite, and it's the one I started with.

there's honestly not a single boss that deserves to be above B tier, not even fume.

2 Still has a lot of problems but a lot of issues were either fixed or rectified with the later editions of the game. Its still the weakest game in my opinion but it isn't as bad as it used to be but I can't imagine putting it over 3 in any way other than the PvP being more eventful.

>pc babby

trannied hate it because it's too ableist

why are ds2trannies so obsessed with some literal who

3 was trash and no one played it 2 months after launch. Every other game in the soulsbourne franchise outlived it, even demon's souls.

you can easily find invasions and coop even now, and many fightclub locations are still alive dumbass

mechanically more flawed than every other game in the franchise, even demon souls plays smooth by comparison

You mean it was worse than eurojank? I agree.

you mean you can fight reddit niggers that want invasions to be duels and reddit niggers that do duel clubs
it's fucking boring

People wanted the Dark Souls 1 easy mode i-frames without stat investment and having to make an effort.
Once you level up AGI to +98, the game becomes the best in the series.

Literally the only reason is soul memory

still mad about that assburning I gave you eh Hbombernerd?

even that, if it was true, would be better than lying and shilling for ds2 on Yea Forums

>Nobody cares about it
>Actually there are plenty of people
>BUZZWORDS ITS BORING
Why are people like this? I keep forgetting that there are mentally ill people on here and you just waste your time by engaging them.

christ das3 niggers are whiny

yikes, is this all ds2trannies can come up with?

dumb fuck. the trees are a direct reference to the world trees from eastern philosophy. Now please point me to the lava windmills, shit eating faggot.

That I can't see you behind this incredibly handsome Sekiro fan, of course

The only solace is knowing that if you act even somewhat like you do online your friends are either complete social rejects and autists or non-existent.

3 is such a sterile piece of garbage. only reddit enjoyed dark trans 3 and defends it

>muhhh adp
Learn to roll
>muhh soulmemory and no full orbs
Twinks and metaniggers btfo. Max level bridge pvp was the shit
>muhhh non grim dark fantasy setup
Grow up kid

Ds2 had
>best weapons
>best magic
>best covenants
>best lore
>best pvp
>best dlcs
>dual wielding
>best ng+
Uh oh no the elevator takes me to a lava mountain? THE worst game :-(

afraid to reply, little ds2tranny?

>using the "have sex" argument unironically
das3 trannydditors, everyone

noooo you weren't supposed to point this out!! I'm telling the das3 transcord on you!

I just cannot play with that lighting, Jesus Christ, DS games look atrocious.

Reminder that your argument boils down to calling people trannydditors because you are simply combining two things that you know the average "cool" Yea Forums user uses as insults and not because you actually care about either but are in fact just following a trend set by someone else.

Almost like people who watch a certain youtube video about Dark souls 2 and then parrot it.

>bringing up ecelebs when your only arguments against 2 are from a matthewtranstosis video
yawn

it's legit the easiest one

>Almost like people who watch a certain youtube video about Dark souls 2 and then parrot it.
Based. DS2 hater BTFO

didnt even know who matthewmitosis was until you retards spammed it
ds2trannies are pathetic

I can't wait for you to kill yourself.

Name a harder stage than iron keep. I will wait.

>Learn to roll
You don't need to if you pump ADP, and without ADP you may as well not have rolled
>Soul Memory
I joined Champs right at the beginning so I never had to deal with this
>Best Weapons
Every game after DS2 had better weapons, spears are boring as fuck
>Best Magic
Only gays use magic but even then DS3 had better magic
>Best Covenants
Now you're just fishing and all the fish you're pulling up are fucking retarded
>Best Lore
Nothing that happens in all of DS2 is worth a damn, wow nice final boss some literally fucking who
>Best PVP
This is the one DS2 fags parrot most just because fucking nobody played the DS2 PVP so they think it's their special club
>Best DLCs
Literal worst DLCs, they don't even touch AotA and TOH, and even DS3s trash DLCs at least had more interesting bosses (even if sister fried chicken was horseshit)
>Dual Wielding
Not done any better than DS1, you're always better off just two-handing. DS3 did dual wielding better. Hell, BB did dual-wielding better with some of the transformed weapons.
>Best NG+
Irrelevant and even then fuck no like oh wow better rings wooow nah

Your whole post has so many mistakes that I’m 100% sure you never played ds2 and ds3.

>Wrath of God's your netdecked ass off a bridge
Nothin Personel Dad

This.
It caused so much asspain when they nerfed panic rolling/chugging that they immediately brought it back in the next game. Fucking stupid.

tranny niggers 3 is shit

watch the schizophrenic ds2tranny seethe

>iron keep
>hard
how the fuck

Attached: 1469165601194.png (314x278, 129K)

Name them then gay boy

Attached: itsshit.png (1080x1440, 2.82M)

>thinks variety excuses shit gameplay
>RPs anime girls
Yup, checks out. You're a dumb faggot.

>the only thing it did great was powerstance and moveset versatility
Why do people keep saying this like most of the movesets weren't derivative and useless? DaS3 base movesets and arts offer far more utility, an BB absolute shits all over it with tricked weapons.

>ds3 has better weapons
Wrong
>ds3 had better magic
Even more wrong. Magic in ds2 was viable and fun to use but in ds3 it jut sucked ass.
>noone played ds2 pvp
Wrong again. Pvp is still today active. There is a reason why every ds pvp streamer quit
>ds3 did dual wielding better
Wrong again
>ng+ is just new rings
Wrong again

if this doesnt make you feel good when you look at it youre dead inside

>Non sequitur reply
As expected of 2ggers

-S GAME

You're an absolute fucking retard. I've never once watched e-celeb shit and I've still been told that I only dislike a game because some literal nobody made a video about it. Drink bleach.

>No one plays it
>Yes they literally do
>REDDIT REDDIT REDDIT
Do you have brain damage?

DS3 weapons are better than DS2 weapons. Powerstancing was nowhere near as fun as the special moves and properties of DS3 weapons, especially things like Artorias' driftswords.
DS2 magic wasn't as strong as DS1 magic for PVE and it was even worse PVP where it was just a spear on spear pokefest.
DS2 currently has 1/6th the active players as DS3
Oh my mistake, new game plus also adds more enemy spawns as though DS2 needed that. There's still no point to do NG+ aside from wowzers some stronger rings.

When i played Das 1 in 2017 it still had players and when i played Das 2 online was dead.
Soul memory is such bullshit.

Dark Souls 2 is my favorite game in the series. I was actually surprised to hear it was hated so much, I got it on launch day and played the fuck out of it. I'm a huge PvP fag though, so much that I have 600 hours on 1 character just doing PvP, sitting somewhere around level 700 since i maxed every stat besides magic, faith and attunement. that being said, it's definitely the weakest in the series, but even then it's still a great game

Attached: More Like The Shittingan.jpg (557x471, 67K)

>Pvp is still today active
sure thing, my dude

Attached: 1542158394090.jpg (1372x1952, 248K)

>I was actually surprised to hear
That probably happens a lot in your life.

Was Das 2 your first game in the series? That would explain your affection for it.
I tried a little bit of Demon souls first but i was a scrub at the time and then played Das 1 and i loved it.
When i played Das 2 i felt nothing but disgust.

Weird, I played DaS1 first, beat it, and then enjoyed DaS2 more. But that was probably because I loved the PvP aspects the most in the games.

awful resolution repeating textures you say?

Attached: highwall.jpg (620x349, 83K)

BB really IS superior.

Attached: 1526177135120.webm (1280x720, 1.19M)

Attached: TOPTIERHITBOXES.webm (1280x720, 1.57M)

DaS2 has more and better weapons. Power stancing is far superior than weapon art. DaS2 has the strongest and best tome pools in the game, and oh yeah, you're right. The newest game has more players. Who woulda thought.

Attached: DaS2 Hitboxes.webm (960x540, 2.87M)

Attached: theAteam.webm (720x404, 1.67M)

Attached: 1526178208191.webm (852x480, 2.29M)

Attached: 1529178318376.webm (1280x720, 2.95M)

Attached: muchskill.webm (640x360, 1.79M)

Attached: 1529175576967.webm (1280x720, 2.99M)

Attached: 1529178480807.webm (1280x720, 1.1M)

Attached: 1538731248916.webm (768x432, 2.94M)

cuz of badies

Attached: 1525638918932.webm (746x441, 2.73M)

the 2fag cope

Attached: 1565027177798.webm (800x450, 2.76M)

Attached: 1526169274173.webm (1920x1080, 2.89M)

>DaS2 has more and better weapons
HAHAHAHA

dont know what kind of fags you guys are but since i enjoy my games i dont visit 100s of threads while im playing a game and thats why i platinumed the game without even learning about the adaptability thing
wanna know how?
i got good at the game and its parameters while you were making reddit posts
fuck off pussies
ds2 best souls with best bosses best armor best locations

Attached: 1500089695196.png (442x493, 267K)

Truth hurts :^)

Attached: 1493997465190.webm (700x394, 2.93M)

Attached: 1446072505593.webm (1280x720, 2.74M)

Attached: 1524629849930.gif (600x338, 2.32M)

Attached: 1446920155968.webm (1280x720, 2.81M)

Attached: 1529174788558.webm (1280x720, 2.29M)

Attached: 1493997634479.webm (1280x720, 2.92M)

only downside for me was the level design was not very well done

What is your point?Most these have similar counterparts that are applicable for all the souls games yet, you are complaining about these things making the game easy.Not to mention you can just summon people that can trivialize the combat entirely in all of them, and when you think about it DS2 is the most punishing game for these kind of things with limited amount of humanities, poise being different where you cant abuse it easily, slow paced combat where you have to dodge or move carefully since you cant spam dodge yourself out of a tight situation like in the other games, stamina regeneration is tied up to your equip
load, losing hp by every death.It was arguably the hardest souls game ever when you compare the difficulty curve from the other games since they were more exploitable than DS2.

>muh deadzones
stfu nigger it literally doesnt change anything

>It's garbage forgettable gameplay.
yes, it's a souls game

What the fuck are you talking about you absolute retard?All the souls games are based on western myths and history.You ignorant troglodytes made everything more complicated than they really are.

The reason is that most people bandwagon to the loudest opinion, and/or the easiest one to integrate into their lifestyle. Since Dark Souls II is actually quite a big game post-DLC they find it intimidating to have to play it, so instead they abstain, saying "I wouldn't want to play it anyway, because it's bad".

t. Someone who used to do this.

The same happens with Dark Souls III, which is, incidentally, the best one of the lot.

>shitaly

>defiantly

What the fuck is wrong with you people

Seems like you are a pleb who doesnt know how to counter parry baits kek

Then why dont you complain about the flaws of the first game in a similar manner you hypocritical bitch

The perfect mechanics would lie somewhere in between Bloodborne and Dark Souls III.

>Limited healing you don't have to farm
>Backstabs can only be triggered by a charged R2 to the back

I don't get FROM's obsession with parrying. I do fencing IRL - the thing that parrying comes from - and it's not the be all end all. You can win a sword fight without parrying at all. I'm glad they put SOME left-handed stuff in BB that isn't parry guns but it's nowhere near enough. Sekiro basically requires you to parry. Parrying really isn't that clever a mechanic in any game frankly. They should take a leaf out of NIOH's book where you actually have movesets with specific inputs instead of "hurr interrupt their attack".

>controls and input don't matter
Oh, so that's how some people pretend DaS2 isn't shit.

Tanimura.

>NOOOOOOOOOOO
>I LITERALLY CANNOT NOT BUY 8 MILLIONS LIFEGEMS
>THEY ARE IN THE GAME SO I HAVE TO USE THEM THIS FUCKING SUCKS

Attached: 1565825553210.png (782x758, 127K)

lmao, this post is the incarnation of retardation

Alva's set was ruined in 3 cause the breastplate region on the but deformed with each step. Absolutely horrible.

I'm stingy as fuck so I never used any lifegems on my first run of Ds2. To the point where I completely forgot they existed. The game was much better that way actually.

>denying truth
the endless curse of the 2tranny

>let me tell you about why my life experience dictates how game mechanics should work
Imagine if everyone who's ever shot a shotgun complained about shotgun spread in every game ever.

>posts no proof
>resorts to buzzword instead

Attached: 1533680947496.png (305x253, 91K)

That's one of the DLCs, right? I never even played that one, and even I can see that the enemies are visible through the bars on the upper level. So why would you drop down the trap door without a plan? Why was the camera facing the wrong way? Why did you try to attack with the bow, instead of dodging? Why did you enter a new area with your bow in hand, instead of a shield? This death could have been avoided with simple observation and preparation.

But no, DaS2 haters are the types of people who only think in terms of reaction speed. You think that if you react quickly enough you should be able to get out of any situation.

I'm pretty sure the cat was supposed to be more important too. She talks like someone of power took on the form of a cat.

Also, they modelled the map room for no real reason. The map maker never occupies it.

>F5ing and waiting this long for a pity reply
>only response is purposely acting retarded and posting animefaggotry
just go back to twitter, k honey?

you're retarded

No, he didn't turn. Perhaps he pull back on the joystick, but his character did no even begin to rotate around, when the game assumed his back was open, and forcibly snapped him into place. This is poorly designed because the backstab logic preceded the visuals. Giving no indication that he was even open to a backstab, or even that the enemy initiated the backstab.

why is this thread made every day?

No. Not even your retarded meme pic agrees with you. No.

>People complaining about the headzones

Retards who don't know how to operate two analog sticks together

>Manually refreshing the page
Spotted the newfag.

You're right. Good camera operation avoids the issue for the most part. But then again, the dead zones should exist in the first place. They in no way contribute to the game design.

I agree, most bosses in dS1 were shit, people tend to say they're better than DS2 only because of the visual spectacle.

I don't understand this webm. Enemy attacks going though walls have always been a thing in all the games. How is this a jab at dark souls 3?

>literally looks like a trapdoor that is going to open as soon as you step on it
>complains about getting lured into an obvious trap
fucking moron

Soul gems; nonsensical world and level design with lots of poorly-disguised linear corridors; flat NPCs and lore that mostly tries to tie itself to the previous game instead of establishing its own identity; copy-pasted enemy mobs instead of interesting combinations of enemies or smarter enemy placement; adaptability; many uninspired bosses; shot PvP and restrictive soul memory; needing to skip through the Emerald Herald's bullshit every time.

There's more, and I understand they've fixed some of this since, but I played at launch and they poisoned the well.

I don't know user, most of my deaths in DS1 happened because my character tilted 3 degrees towards a ledge. I'm gladly accepting the deadzone.

DaS2 hate is simply a reaction to the bullshot demo that looked nothing like the end product. No one cares if it's better or worse than other entries, they'll hate it just because they were lied to.