Super Mario Maker 2 is a huge success

>Super Mario Maker 2 is a huge success
>Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 did very well
>Fire Emblem Three Houses was very successful and will likely end up being the highest selling FE game if it isn't already
>Astral Chain got great reviews and will hopefully do fine in sales

How does Yea Forums feel about Daemon x Machina? It's the next Nintendo Switch game to hit the stores. Unfortunately, it's bad timing for release as the game will be overshadowed by Link's Awakening and Dragon Quest XI S a little later in the month. I'm hoping it sells well but it comes out next week and I personally haven't seen any word or advertisement for the game at all.

Attached: 1662394002954.jpg (220x361, 31K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gxezKs4AZvk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

is it gonna have a demo? i got burned buying astral chain, i think it kinda fucking sucked. im concerned about getting burned again so soon

There already is one

Clue me in on these weird Switch action games that are coming out /v, whats so special about them? What games are the gameplay comparable to?

How so? Did you play up to file 3?

Astral Chains is like Bayonetta or DMC but in a futuristic setting with detective elements to it
Daemon x Machina is like Armored Core or just mech games in general.

Ah ok thanks user

>Armored Core
>Meets ZoE2
>Meets MGR
It's literally my perfect game. I lost my shit when the Direct opened with the reveal teaser.

Attached: 1551226949728.jpg (480x464, 16K)

The demo killed all interest i had in this game

i played the first file, and when i booted up an action game and was greeted by an hour of cutscenes i lost all interest and returned it. not controlling the guy who attacks wasnt fun, and the cop didnt do damage. ill pass

It'll prove that the Switch is much more of a console than the Xbox One and PS4 was.

It remains to be seen when after the Xbox Scarlett and the PS5 releases to see if it can still hold up on its own without having any ports due to the power disparity (and games having to be ported from Wii U, which was last-generation technology, whatever wizardly happens to make current-generation ports even possible, and whatever butchery needs to happen to make next-generation ports to be done to begin with).

I just want battery technology to be so advanced to the point where it doesn't last 10 minutes with the risk of exploding while having technology to compare with the competition when the technology isn't 6 years old.

Japan is the target audience and will buy it.
Mecha games are always niche in the west anyway, the developers & nintendo know this very well.

Attached: CI_NSwitch_DaemonXMachina_OrbitalLimitedEdition_enGB.jpg (1920x1080, 741K)

Japan likes it
youtube.com/watch?v=gxezKs4AZvk

It's gonna flop badly. Hardly anybody is hyped for it.

Honestly there's an unusual amount of games coming out this month, almost feels like October or November. It's as if everyone wanted to stay away from Pokemon's release so they all coincidentally picked the same month.

Attached: 1-Empty-Wallet.jpg (1100x768, 231K)

I get paid again the week after next and plan on buying this. A week late but I'm hyped.

Astral Chain is probably going to take up a lot of my time but if I hear that the game is at least fun I’ll probably get it on principle that I want more of these kinds of games

>Japan has good taste
>West STILL stuck in Low IQ genre hell (muh guns, muh sportsball, muh voxelshit nostalgia)
Imagine that

Attached: Slowpoke-BreakingNews.gif (350x400, 28K)

>How does Yea Forums feel about Daemon x Machina?

I've been jonesing for a new Armored Core for like 10 years, of course I'm excited.

same desu.
very sad.

actually filtered

Can't wait to play it online with Yea Forumsros

All these single players games are pirate bait. It’s making me want to buy a hacked Switch because I just can’t see how these one playthrough games are worth 60 bucks.

You can play online

>Hopefully will do good in sales.
It is doing well.

Attached: EDWseiuUwAEqF1_.jpg (2048x1937, 962K)

The frame rate still looks like shit, if it runs better on the switch pro, I might care about it.

Yeah and its sick as fuck, good armored core styled combat. With a very fun loot system/interesting combat with the ability to pick up shit and hit mechs with it.

Excited for this more than any switch game desu senpai

Attached: 1544415226288.gif (338x370, 79K)

You better believe I'm going to buy DxM, gotta show love for the mech genre as much as I can.

Holy fucking shit this better be bait. Congrats user I’ve been here since the beginning and I’ve never read something that actually got my angry.

10/10

sorry i dont like the same games? first impressions last with me, and astral chain left a very poor one

I can't imagine a game like this selling well on the Switch, maybe on PS4 it would be a minor success enough for a niche developer to fund sequels as it's sales and popularity diminish over time.
>little to no marketing
>product not resonating with audience
>on nintendo hardware
>game runs poorly
>nintendo published but not a nintendo game
The DLC/pre order shit is what you'd expect from other publishers, since Nintendo unified their DLC practices with expansion pass.
>game goes against the current trend of cinematic games with "deep" storylines
Armored Core has always been pretty niche, I doubt putting a spotlight on it will bring in sales,

Bit of an anomaly considering views for other trailers, this one in particular was more than likely used as an add on Youtube, this generally pushes views through the roof on videos like this.

>maybe on PS4 it would be a minor success enough for a niche developer to fund sequels
Sony threw out all the niche devs for big AAAAA cinematic schlock.

If you give so much of a shit about the action, why didn’t you just skip the cutscenes?

It looks like it runs at 20 fps.

The game doesn't give you moves until like file 3. You don't control the legions basic auto attack but there's plenty of other shit to do.

>cop didn't do damage
That's a lie. You can upgrade your basic combo later to do more damage and more inputs anyway.

Stop being an impatient retard.

Attached: 1531743321438.jpg (600x604, 52K)

This
I’m pretty much buying this just to keep AA games alive
Fuck AAA garbage

Sony still fund a lot of smaller games, so no that's blatantly untrue, why do you think games like Senran Kagura Seven a game which was censored so hard the lead developer left the studio remains an exclusive to the PS4?
What Sony really did was shown niche developers who's boss by beating them and publicly acknowledging it, these developers still love Sony and are not moving, even Omega Labyrinth still released on PS4, even though it was censored, and even though it was censored PS4 sales still made up 1/3 of it's total sales, so these developers aren't moving an inch.

well i aleady sold it im dont think im missing out on anything. DMC V was ten times the game that was starting right with the first mission

>so these developers aren't moving an inch.
They're not moving to PS5, that's guaranteed.
They put up with Sony BS because it has the biggest market this gen.
But next gen they'll all jump ship.

You forget this is the generation of instant satisfaction. I assume most people might drop it cause it has a slow start.

And do tell how it "does it Right" with the first mission?

shit meant to say gratification

As a NEET with limited funds, I've actually been thinking about skipping Astral Chain in favor of DxM just because I've played almost every cuhrayzee game there is by now so at least this would be something different for me.

nero had a varied moveset that i could actually control, and multiple arms litter the stage.

I passed on getting astral chains for this because I’m a mechfag

You need to be 18 to post here

is this zone of the enders or armored core? i want more of both desu

>They're not moving to PS5, that's guaranteed.
I sincerely doubt that will happen, the PS5 will continue to hold market share, possibly even grow it significantly in the Chinese marketplace. Developers will support it no matter what, and many will support it as their primary platform, no matter what Devs say their core fanbase is on Playstation, because big name devs are on that primarily as well, and those aren't moving ever.

So you're just impatient and just want everything at the beginning?

Its more Armored Core then ZOE

exactly, yes. these action games are fun as sandboxes loaded with moves to use. RPG style progress limits gameplay for no reason

>RPG style progress limits gameplay for no reason
explain further

The movement was too slow for you? The game revolves around replaying the missions and grinding for better armor pieces. When you replay the mission before the Colossal, you'll get better equipment and you'll see an IMMENSE jump in gameplay experience.

This game is reminiscent of Monster Hunter, where you start off with the bare minimum and the more you invest, the better returns you get.

Attached: YouCanDoIt!.jpg (640x640, 30K)

don't bother, he's an underage who's religiously following shitposters' words
he probably got into the game already ready to hate it

Anyone getting these bad boys?

Attached: 61zrh9LzBzL._AC_.jpg (527x554, 57K)

he's saying the game should focus on the player's growing skills, not the character's. a move shouldn't get better because you hit the upgrade button, it should get better because you understand how to use it more effectively or whatever.

Oh, now I get it. Move along folks

can they slide into the grip thingy that the console came with?

The demo was absolute dogshit shovelware. Definite flop.

What the flying fuck are those? I assume custom controllers for the game? Since I see the X there.

not even sure the old demo is available anymore but it's too old and they changed a lot of things in it due to feedback. I hope they put a demo of the release build out. If it plays better than the previous demo I'll buy it.

This game hurts my eyes and it's difficult to navigate
The demo was kinda fun but it was difficult to play because of all the shit in my face

Fuck any sense of character progression or pacing then. I guess DMC and Bayo should just dump your entire movelist and weapons at the beginning of the game because an ADD retard like you can't wait for five fucking minutes to navigate a menu to buy more moves.

No, they are not wireless. Pretty sure no rumble either.

Same, Astral Chains never appealed to me anyways. I already have my hands full with 3 Houses, and... Uchikoshi's AI Somnium is coming out next month too. I have to get that as well.

Doesn't Devil May Cry 5 have upgrade moves too?

They all have upgrades you nigger.

Yes, they are made by Hori. They have extra buttons as well.

Attached: 61nSnDq4myL._AC_.jpg (515x662, 96K)

Im guessing he means that he wants to have access to the full moveset from the beginning instead of being locked by story progress

it does, but you launch with more than gun and punch. upgrades are fine in the sense of devil arms / or getting more alien fucks. it isnt fun when the guy has more than 2 moves isnt someone you can control

Where the fuck am I.

Ooooh, might just try and pick a set up. Especially if they feel better then the shitty joycons.

I will get DxM later on when it is on sale, I just don't have time to play it now. Too many games and I refuse to let my backlog exceed 10 games now.

The demo was okay, I liked the CC. I made Melda Dietz from Space Battleship Yamato

Attached: 1436190363714.jpg (1000x1365, 794K)

probably not hard, those things are the worst part of the console

>you launch with more than gun and punch
DMCVs first mission was literally that due to not having an arm

>How does Yea Forums feel about Daemon x Machina?
Pretty hyped, loved the gameplay on the demo and seeing every improvement they made at Treehouse was amazing and only hyped me up even more.

he had ground to air combos and you can rev the sword. that mission is also less than five minutes long because it isnt full of cutscenes before, during, and after it

But i heard its not an exclusive? If it runs at a stable 30 I wouldn’t mind buying on the switch but the gameplay i seen so far seems to be laggy all the time.
But yeah the switch has been on fire this whole year.

I'm assuming youre not counting the prologue where you have 1 combo and are meant to lose to the boss

>isnt full of cutscenes
So you didn't play DMCV either, gotcha.

Its exclusive but it'll prob get ported a year from now since its Marvelous

Great taste gamilabro

Another game to review bomb :)

Haha

It looks completely mediocre, but I'm gonna get it because it seems interesting and there aren't that many games like it coming out lately

I have it preordered in case it sells out like Astral Chain did. I liked the demo, and as long as they've fixed the FPS I'm excited. The recent video showcasing the flamethrower is challenging my faith in the rumors of an FPS improvement though.

Demo felt rough but I could see potential

You won't have to bother when the critic reviews are guaranteed to be middling. Expect this one to land in the mid 70s.

>that framerate
yikes

don't listen to Yea Forums, you made the right choice. the combat does get better but very rarely do you get a large enough combat scene to justify paying full price. every time i fight some monsters and get warmed up - the fighting is over and i'm back to spamming A on NPCs for an hour+ until the next fight that will eventually end prematurely.

i bought digital so i'm forcing myself to beat it and while it's OK at times, i would rather not.

>there are anons in this thread buttravaged that somebody claimed DMCV was immediately more gratifying and fun than Astral Chain
It's true. Why the seething?

christ you're a fucking smoothbrain

I have high hopes for this one. Hope it's not a let down.

been lurking Yea Forums since I bought and was disappointed with astral chain and there is a great amount of people lying to themselves. literally watching people post about how they actually enjoy talking to NPCs for hours in these terrible "investigation" sequences. the game should be mostly combat, instead the pacing is horrendous where it throws you around NPC hub worlds to chat and deliver ice cream, run around in a dog suit to cheer policemen up, and throw empty cans in the trash. the best part of the game, the combat, is probably 20% of it if I'm being generous.

Goddamn children, other people enjoy things you don't. Relax.

I know I plan on getting it. Honestly, the Switch is having a big month for me personally. between Astral Chain (sure it came out August 30 but still) DxM, DQXIS, LA and Untitled Goose Game I am going to spend a lot of time on it

>hates throwing away the cans
casual, you can't even begin to understand how important it is

you're the one getting aggro at non-comments. im not namecalling anybody who thinks that makes the game enjoyable. if they like it, that's fine. but i think you're lying to yourself. i could be wrong, whatever.

lol. i stopped throwing them away after i completed the first order but i still am too OCD/greenpilled to not pick up every single can on the ground.

>people lying to themselves
Keep lying to yourself.

You clearly didn't actually play DMC V

If I get a demo that isn't fucking dogshit maybe I'll play it. I know they were going for "user feedback" but it killed so much of the hype

Sad for me, in the thumbnail, I thought it was Omega Boost, but the game looks nice so I hope it can do a good place in the market.

I like both DMC5 and Astral Chain. I don't actually get why there's an argument being waged here about it, since DMC5 came out way earlier in the year and the two games aren't competing for sales or anything. Surely you can't just play DMC5 over and over again once you've completed it, it's always good to have new cuhrazy games to play. It's like saying that only game of each genre should be all someone plays.

Granted I'm still playing through file 3 at the moment but the baton style switching and knowing I'll be able to get more legions and upgrade/customise them is really exciting me. Plus launching your legion at an aerial enemy and chain jumping to them in order to pull off an aerial combo is pretty sweet. Also I love the investigations, they're comfy.

Hope Daemon X Machina also turns out to be good when it releases, it looks cool so far.

DMC is the symbol of Playstation Cuh-razy games (despite being multiplat) and it's mostly just pro-Sony anti-Nintendo shitposting.