That's... my boy

Anyone else notice that when you kill Owl, he is proud of you. Disobeying him, going against his word, becoming your own man and making your own choices. You need to sever the umbilical cord now.
Sekiro grows from a young pup into a alpha wolf. His progression can be seen in the story.
Plus, during the fight with Owl, when you die to him, listen to what he says
>Dying to him in combat makes him recite the Iron Code including the third rule: "One! The parent is absolute. Their will must be obeyed. ...Yet I'm sensing some insubordination" "Two! The master is absolute. You give your life to keep him safe. You bring him back at any cost. ...At this rate, you'll lose him again" "Three! Fear is absolute. There is no shame in losing one battle. But you must take revenge by any means necessary! ...I wonder if you've got it in you - to bring me down."
There is clearly signs of Owl wanting to see his son succeed. But he needs to prove himself. This is it. This is the moment.
Owl's overall intentions in the lore might have been pretty selfish, but as a father, at the end, he was proud of his son, so he wasn't a complete monster.

Attached: gso.jpg (1920x1080, 259K)

No, because nobody gives a shit about chink souls, let alone care about its shit, stale attempt at dragon aids being an interesting plot.

I just want to beat the final boss. God fucking damnit. I’m sick of it. Only game I ever gave up at the last boss. 90% of my memories of this game now are just dying to this one faggot and seeing the loading screen. All good memories I had of the game have been washed away.
Inb4 get good.

New content when?

It's not that hard, you can do it.

The dub and subs were heavily localized, some words are translated literally straight as if it was a fucking machine translation and then modified so it feels connected.

>It's not that hard
Let's be honest. Sekiro is hard. But it can be beat.

Eh, not really. It's a lot of RNG shit on the AI side of things if anything.

yeah, thats kinda the only thing that saves his character honestly, hes just a fag and a pussy if we dont think about him as an actual father figure and I think its a missed opportunity, they could have done much mkre with owl

It's not the hardest shmup you've never played hard. Nor it's a nes game with no continues hard.

Like bayonetta or ninja gaiden, Sekiro stops being that hard once you figure out how the combat system works.

Took me 3 hours. At some point you know exactly how to answer every attack and you literally destroy the first 2 phases aggressively without even wasting an estus. 3rd and 4th is kinda keeping distance and attack when you find a window you can punish

They would have announced a DLC by now so the only hope we have for more Sekiro is a sequel in a few years after Elden Ring

If we get anything for Sekiro, I would like a prequel with Tomoe and Takeru.

I’ve wasted at least 7 hours. I don’t know what it is. I can’t wrap my dumb head around this boss.

careful user, or vaati will show up and make a youtube video about everything you just typed and claim your ideas as his own.

What seems to be the trouble? Which phase are you stuck on?

If I’m being honest I’ve only gotten to the 3rd phase once. This thread convinced me to put in Sekiro again (for the first time in 2 months). I’m pretty rusty but I’l give it some more tries tonight.

For his second phase when he's charging the vertical wind slash, get behind his back for counterattacks. If it's a horizontal wind slash, you can jump on his head to avoid it and deal some posture damage.

You can try to figure out his openings for the 3rd phase, or you can keep your distance and let him finish his combos, he will throw out a thrust that you can mikiri.

Sekiro my honestly be my favorite game from From outside of the souls series. Bloodborne is so good though it's impossible for me to choose between them. I really thought it would be trash because it was no multiplayer and a more guided experience but it's masterfully done.

I wanna respond to your post but I don't want the thread to die while I type

I think your analysis is interesting for many reasons.

When you disobey Owl, it is the first "choice" that Wolf makes in the game. Before that he is simply doing as he was told. Every action you take is the impetus of someone else. You are just doing what you are told. Someone has to tell Wolf to get out of a fucking hole in ground he is just sitting in when the game starts.

Kuro tells you he wants to end the dragon heritage and you accept despite what that may mean for the future of the entire nation and even his own life. That is how strictly he obeys the code. It is absolute fealty.

Some people complain that Sekiro has no character growth. But each ending you can get involves more and more personal choice and greater lengths of independence. Wolf has to make more choices.

All of the games endings are cyclical in a way. which is fitting because Sekiro is kind of the penultimate play on the theme of rebirth FromSoft has had for decades. "Shura" has obvious connotations. So do just endings with dragon heritage getting severed the way kuro wants. The 3rd ending is self sacrifice. But the last ending is not rebirth, it's a new beginning, it's just birth.

I liked your thoughts on Owl it I could talk about it more but the thread is tittering on the brink and I wanna get this in before it's toast. Too many ZOE QUINN threads zzzzzzz

would agree but what about him uh you know stabbing wolf in the back at hirata?

I mentioned in OP about Owl's intentions. He was an ambitious man. Wolf was just an orphaned child that Owl grew to become a killing machine. Wolf was bound by the Iron Code. His father's word was law.
Everything for Owl was supposed to culminate at Hirata. But there was one mistake...
Kuro bonded with Wolf.
And from there, we get our story.

He is a ninja. Wolf was in the way. He wasn't running a day care purely out of the goodness of his heart. Wolf was a tool. Where the dice fell it was better to have him dead. Wolf himself is stonefaced and emotionless throughout the game. You can't be a professional murderer without being able to control your emotion. But even though Wolf was a means to an end, it seems like Owl still had feelings.

dlc when?

Attached: 1554515370014 kuro.jpg (1200x1115, 265K)

Not until after Elden Ring I'm sure

Never

Attached: The+burning+monk%2C+1963+%281%29.jpg (1600x1038, 480K)

fuck elden ring

Hesitation is defeat