Sequels that ruin the previous game story?

Attached: Gi3N5gA.jpg (650x650, 166K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/citra-emu/citra-canary/releases/tag/canary-156
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

How?

Attached: 1 (46).png (635x480, 602K)

It's a unneeded sequel that ruins IS and Persona 1 ending where it's left up to the player, and Maya shouldn't be a silent protagonist at all.

Not to mention you can easily beat the game if you have a persona void to dark and can do light spells.

user you forgot to post an example.

IS ends on a cliffhanger, and the P1 cast (Maki included) are already in IS. Can't speak for the second point, it's been a while since I played EP, but I disagree, it's arguably the worst/hardest experience I had in the Persona series.

Attached: 815Yfpj.png (314x237, 136K)

you first, op.

>Download a DS and DS2 iso off of 3dsiso
>The game is stuck on a black screen while the menu music plays on loop

Attached: Karl Marx.jpg (228x218, 18K)

DS2 works on the latest build of Citra.
For DS1:O, use:
github.com/citra-emu/citra-canary/releases/tag/canary-156
This build. Do note, it'll blackscreen once or twice everytime you boot it, but it works after that. Also, use the USA version of the rom/iso, the EU version has alot of bugs, including one that erases your save file at random.

Chrono Cross
Also not vidya but Kemono Friends 2

Thanks for the tip brother -HH

good luck

Attached: YOV3DdA.png (320x240, 65K)

Attached: latest[1].png (1000x1308, 1.32M)

How many times would you say it should take before the emulator stops black screening?

One, or two at best.

Attached: IdO3XKu.png (320x240, 79K)

Attached: half1.0[1].jpg (1200x800, 168K)

Persona 2 was literally planned as a two-part from the beginning and P1 was left open to it purposely, you are honestly just daft.

CC literally didn't touch the storyline of CT.
The whole point of the game is to fix the shit that got changed for the benefit of Lavos so that CT happens exactly as it did and the Dream Devourer doesn't get away with mindraping Schala into reviving Lavos. The entire point of the game is to AVOID ruining CT's timeline.

Okay let's not follow up the huge ass cliffhanger of the first game.

Attached: 1-Persona2-33-326.jpg (640x480, 64K)

But you don't have to play EP. Would it have been better if you didn't choose to know?

Waiting on you to start OP.

Well this thread turned out to be a disappointment fitting to OP's failure.

I don't see how this ruins anything

I started with P3 and went back. At first I thought Aegis' whole existence was dumb but ended up admiring how clever it is, since it builds upon how a sect of Nanjo's clan were creating robotic Persona users in secret.

Kinda should have been a bigger plot point than cute robo chicks who fight blob monsters.

Attached: BrUvHH7CIAAkztl.jpg (500x384, 35K)

>Yukari
>The protagonist being some special seal for what is an essentially eternal threat of darkness instead of him just dying peacefully after fighting death
>Aigis apparently becoming a real person at the end
The Answer is pretty much the reason why we may never get an overly realistic cast, or proper character arcs in a Persona game again. People hated how the Answer treated specific character arcs.

I fully agree, but the whole Aegis/Kirijo bit had more ties to the original trilogy than I initially gave it credit for. Just a shame the rest of P3 is a bit of a mess.

>Yukari
Is going through the five stages of grief
>The protagonist being some special seal for what is an essentially eternal threat of darkness instead of him just dying peacefully after fighting death
I don't see how this changes anything. The game beats you over the head with the knowledge that Nyx is unbeatable. Even the Nyx Avatar just shrugs off you defeating her and pulls off the Fall anyway, and you can do fuckall against Nyx's soul aside from sacrifice yourself.
>Aigis apparently becoming a real person at the end
She doesn't, but she always had the growing soul of one. You need a sentient, conscious mind to summon a Persona, average robots can't do it.

Not to mention The Answer and the club book collectively retcon enough shit that literally the entire plot of 3 is completely pointless. The Kirijo death cultists could've done literally nothing and the world would still end ten years later.

Every metal gear solid after 2

>Every metal gear after 1
FTFY

>eternal punishment
>the most kino Persona plot yet
>ruining anything

Attached: Raffs.gif (260x125, 889K)

The patriots sounded so fucking scary and cool in MGS2.

Attached: metal-gear-solid-4-ps3-midia-fisica-sem-caixa-playgorila-D_NQ_NP_640768-MLB26865454028_022018-F.jpg (1038x1200, 244K)

My only issue with the ending is the fact that they're apparently trying to bring Minato back from the dead, since the arena games are "canon".

>Eternal Punsihment
>Kino

P2 as a whole is overrated but EP's story has its dick sucked more than it needs to.

Persona 1 through 3 are the last time I was generally enthralled with both the cast, and story in a Persona title, though. 4 turned me off in terms of plot, and 5 was basically just a rehash of a lot of elements, or downright characters from the P2 duology. I'm kind of worried about the future of the series.

>P2
>Overrated
>Barely mentioned by Atlus outside of small DLC content, or during anniversary events
>Only a small margin of Persona fans have actually played the games, or know anything about the plot outside of Maya and Tatsuya
Yeah, sure.

P2 has the GOAT villain while P5 was typical god complex deity

Posts like happen almost anytime the other Persona games are brought up. After playing them, they seem about on par with the new games in terms of plot and characters.

>le lovecraft evil tentacle man
>GOAT
Nyarly by himself is fucking garbage, he's only ever good when he's the Persona of a better character like Kandori or the Jokers or Hitler. Literally his entire character is "I am evil bad man, look at me do evil bad things."

I think Persona 2 is really overrated. Sure the story and the characters are great but the gameplay is pure trash. Dungeons are pretty bad too. Also as says, there's literally no reason for Maya to be a silent protagonist
Don't worry about it just buy the spin-offs

you act like p3's characters and writing weren't already shit compared to p2.

He won! Name any other Persona villain who won? Nyx doesn't count. Also, the villains in P3 wanted to end life why exactly? They evil or crazy. Adachi? Says he doesn't give a shit about motives just wants bitches and whores.

nobody praises p2 for the gameplay. imo, p2 could really benefit from a remake that brings the quality of gameplay up to par with everything else.
as for maya, iirc, they wanted to make her a voiced protagonist but atlus forced them to make her a silent protagonist for tradition's sake.

>We went from psychological good times with Maki and co in P1, to Papa Nyarly in P2, to boring old Yaldy in P5
What went so horribly fucking wrong?

>He won!
So? Doesn't make him a well-written villain. "Hurr da bad guy won, so edgy and deep."

nyarly is the only competent villain in all of persona. the rest of them are jobbers.

I mean in general a villain not losing and wiping out life is a pretty big deal. It made Thanos a household name. Also, the point is he is humanity's inner darkness. He acts like a jackass because he represents humans being jackasses

It makes him not boring
I think the real problem in P5 is the minor antagonists. All of them are "successful man bad, phantom thieves good". I can't really explain it but it feels like it's written by the twitter cancel culture

You mean...like a shadow!?

Attached: LGqMMtC.jpg (567x766, 117K)

Anybody can simplify a fucking villain to make them look utterly retarded.
>HURR I REPLACED IGOR, IM IN CONTROL OF SOCIETY
You see? The point is, I don't think a single villain since Nyarly has yet to be as charismatic in terms of his personality, and actually got away with fucking over the world to a large degree. Sure his motives might have been as simplistic as "I'm going to fuck up the world", but that doesn't make him any less endearing or memorable.

Attached: the tumor of the saga.jpg (640x360, 67K)

Main reason I like Nyarly is that he was brewing since the Kandori fight in P1. Ever since he overtook Kandori it was obvious there was more to him and then the 2 duology delivered.

>I can't really explain it but it feels like it's written by the twitter cancel culture
It's because you're literally incapable of seeing beyond your own asshole.

WE LIVE

Attached: dbcfk48-3c8c9f83-00f9-452c-b61a-2ddef184823d.jpg (800x1000, 390K)

I just personally like his dynamic with Philemon in terms of determining if humanity's desire to destroy itself, or humanity's desire to overcome tragedy and chaos in a game to see who would win. Besides that though, honestly the villains in this series since then have been boring as hell. Adachi was funny for meme purposes, and Yaldabaoth's setup was cool, but I found everyone else boring. Izanami was pretty mediocre, Strega was honestly awful in terms of execution outside of I guess Chidori because of her dynamic with Junpei, and Nyx didn't really have a character outside of being a death bringer. The issue with the villains is that they don't play an active enough part in the story anymore. Nyarly was constantly on the scenes, interacting with the cast and fucking things over.

It's kind of weird though. EP clearly is taking the ending of IS in a completely different direction.

IS' ending had it like Nyarlathotep's victory was forgotten and that was enough to erase it, with the memories gone because if anyone remembered it, the world would be destroyed again.

EP then turns IS' ruined world into a parallel universe which clearly isn't how IS' ending presented it.

IN A

Attached: 47f3516892ed647421f3858118758d8534e8a8ddr1-1326-2048v2_hq.jpg (663x1024, 68K)

>Also, the villains in P3 wanted to end life why exactly?
Because they wanted the power of space-time manipulation that the Shadows possess, then became obsessed with the rebirth of humanity that the Fall could bring after researching their origin, and so caused undue suffering upon countless people because it didn't matter, everyone was gonna die at some point anyway. This caused periphery characters to become jaded and nihilist as well, giving up on desiring to live and spreading this ideology to other people who were similarly jaded and fed up with their shitty lives.

Trying to narrow the villains of Persona 3 down to just one or a group of people is meaningless. "Despair" was the true villain of that game, expressed in various people who have given up on trying to live better lives, and what the team had to conquer.

>hey internet told me big company guy is evil
>let's brainwash him
I can't really say the game glorifies the cancel culture since the poll was a part of the conspiracy but the phantom thieves act like they're a part of the cancel culture and they never really think about their actions

It's like the writters just regret for moments what they did in the first game with new characters (most of them uninteresting), not to mention that half of the story is actually focused on 1 character despite it has multiendings and even they ruined what it should be the most saddest moment in the game.

Attached: Sakura_Wars_2_cover_art.jpg (324x274, 58K)

Well glad I skipped it then. It's the only one I haven't played yet

So is the persona series just fiery-spirited teenagers saving the world during their spare time? Possibly also idols?

>literally the whole point of Okumura's palace is they were letting e-fame get to their heads and it led them into the conspiracy's trap
Just admit you watched an LP that only went up to 7/7

P3 characters were actually pretty good, except for
>Ikutsuki
>Fuuka (Needed more focus)
>Strega
>Aigis (Until she has a major role in The Answer)
The rest are okay for the most part.

Wasn't that palace the one where they realize they're taking things too far and lost sight of their original purpose

>>literally the whole point of Okumura's palace is they were letting e-fame get to their heads and it led them into the conspiracy's trap
Yes, that's what I said. But after 2 seconds of self reflecting, they're like "yeah nevermind that we're the good guys" again.

They're teenagers of varying temperature who find themselves on the edge of the occult and so must investigate it while not giving up on their mundane lives, trying to find a balance between the two. Eventually the occult takes over the mundane and they have to step up to beat it back, usually completely into submission to save their mundane lives and the people who live in it.

Some of them are idols because they're pretty and/or are good at singing and so that's their part time job to earn money to buy food and housing and such to live.

I love Fuuka!

Attached: Floral Fuuka.jpg (640x480, 50K)

I actually liked a majority of P5, and am excited for the Royal, but if I have to be honest, the plot is really just "We live in a society" the game. The threads don't really help either, because there's always a group of people saying
>"Ah, it seems the story was "too deep" for the average person to comprehend"
Which honestly makes me take it even less serious.

No they don't? After Okumura getting smoked on national TV, they literally say their final heist will be on Shido, who is in control of most of the events that take place anyway outside of Yaldy.

>2 seconds

>targeting Okumura caused them to get framed for his death
>this causes them to target Sae for solely self-interested reasons to clear their own name, which causes them to fall into Goro's ruse
>they manage to pull off the counter-ruse, but it causes them to target Shido for reasons that could definitely be construed as self-interest
>taking down Shido allowed Yaldy to finally have enough sway over the public to achieve his goals, which means they needed to go after him too
I guess changing society was good and all, but literally everything after saving Futaba was just them falling down the stairs one floor after another.

>there's always a group of people saying
The game really is puddle-deep, the problem is retards who refuse to actually comprehend even that.

I played every Persona this year and was so hyped for 5 that when i found out how bad the writing was i dropped it at Sae's because if i had to listen one more time at one of their phone conversations i would've killed someboby, what a disappointment.

Honestly to me P1 is the only game that can take that distinction. Since P1 is essentially just a visualization of Jung's work with some Freud for good measure, if you don't know about there work the whole point of the game just flies over your head.

The Devil Survivor series is far better than Persona ever was.

You dropped it that late in the game?

I don't blame people for having that view. P5 opened the world of JRPGs to a whole new audience, and since it has even a slight bit of depth compared to most other games that bash you on the head with no subtlety, I'm not surprised people think that way.

I wanted to have hope even after Haru but by that point i was already skipping the filler-tier dialogues, i tried to go braindead just for the gameplay but then Sae happened with all those forced tutorial videos because you, the player, are apparently too stupid to figure out puzzles for 3 years old and i just had to quit.
I've seen the rest of the story on youtube and i didn't miss much except the igor thing.

How come the Persona Q games have deeper combat mechanics than the main series?

>Devil Survivor is better than Persona
I'll never understand people who say this. The plot in DeSu 1 literally meanders around for a whole 3 or 4 days until the Throne of Bel plot starts to really move forward. Not only that, but the game in general was lacking in the original until they remastered it for the 3DS, and added fulfilling enough endings. The characters for the most part as well are dull archetypes, and don't really grow much over the story based on the choices you pick.

DeSu 2 is a step up in terms of plot focus, but it loses that lore centric focus that the first game had with the Throne of Bel, and Abel plot for a borderline Evangelion tier rehash. The cast was pretty solid for the most part though, and the stakes were higher since they could actually die and effect the plot if you didn't give them enough focus.

Overall though, the gameplay is nothing special. Maps are borderline bad with very limited exceptions, and most fights are as simple as spam dances, and heal when necessary. DeSu toddlers are just as pretentious as SMT fans.

Attached: image.gif (100x100, 26K)

Because the Q games are asset swaps of Etrian Odyssey which was intended by the series creator to be a return of old-school dungeon-crawlers, while the mainline Persona games since 3 have been casual games for a casual audience.

P5 in general was a pretty solid game. The only issues are
>Okumura arc was pretty mediocre, and the party split didn't have a big enough impact
>Tad too much unnecessary dialogue thrown in the game to lengthen the story
>Game consistently beats you over the head with tutorials and your party conversating in the middle of a dungeon to the point where you dont even get to explore freely, or the developers think you're too retarded to solve simple puzzles
>Dungeons being too simple in general
>Combat was pretty lackluster, especially with Baton Pass trivializing things even further
I hope Royal fixes this, but I'll hold my breath.

>Jack Bros > Demikids > DeSu
Cope, my friend