I'M CALYPSO AND I THANK YOU FOR PLAYING TWIIIISTED METAAAAAL!

I'M CALYPSO AND I THANK YOU FOR PLAYING TWIIIISTED METAAAAAL!

Attached: calypso.jpg (1280x720, 80K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/EKjcGF60hNU
youtube.com/watch?v=DAgTgVOmMDk
youtube.com/watch?v=5sVgmmszOjw
youtube.com/watch?v=bl5NMxAgUG0
youtube.com/watch?v=YBJdhstc1qg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Calypso, I wish to compete in Twisted Metal again

Hot take: 2>black> head on> 1> small brawl> tm ps3> 3> 4

Blacked> 2> 1> ps3 reboot> head on> 3> small brawl> 4

Attached: 11731_front.jpg (640x906, 98K)

>ps3 version that high
>black better than two
Kys my man.

what's wrong with 4? It's the only one I owned

I've been playing since 1, black was the peak of the series. It was a great product of it's time with it's grimdark story telling and the gameplay was fantastic. Ps3 reboot was a step in the right direction but I'll admit the whole concept of only having 4 drivers and the ability to drive whatever vehicle you wanted was stupid.

It flanderized all the characters.

>2>black
the hottest of takes

That and the gameplay was shit cause 989 used a totally different engine when they made 3 and 4. That's why the cars handled like shit.

Has there been a contestant who actually made that wish?

Minion in black, or at least it's vaguely implied. A lot of the drivers say that he was the winner of the contest the year before so it can be assumed he wished to compete again or calypso liked him so much he had him compete again.

Attached: ownx2K7Z_o.png (2520x1080, 589K)

I thought minion was actually needles kane and all of it took place in his head.

In the real world he is marcus kane but it can be assumed he's in a coma and takes on the personas of all the drivers in his dream world. Needles kane is one of them.

Isn't that the same plot from 2 and head on?

It got more fleshed out over the years but yes.

You're welcome :3

small brawl was the best one

I wish for video games to be fun again

imagine believing Black wasn't the tip top of the series

Attached: kek 2b.png (400x431, 87K)

Why has vehicular destruction games died down? Twisted metal is such an easy concept to take and reskin to put on pc. Yet the only attempts are Gas Guzzlers Extreme?
Fuck sims
Fuck arcade racers
I want demolition derby
Vigilante, Twisted Metal, Driver

probably killed by GTA

Calypso, I wish for everyone to just be nice to each other

2 is better.

Halo craze happened the same year as Black

Car combat was already dying off as the ps2 came out. Black pumped some life back into it but that's cause there wasn't much competition. It died down again after black.

How the fuck is that a hot take? Pretty spot on to me

Who was your main Yea Forums? For me it was spectre.

Outlaw. Balance plus that tazer

>the chad minion vs the virgin contestant

Attached: angery truck.png (1920x1017, 1.71M)

What an absolute unit.

Attached: twisted_metal2012__twister.jpg (1024x577, 147K)

Actually Twisted Metal Black takes place in the mind of Needles Kane who is the split personality of Marcus Kane. What we see and experience in Black is how Needles sees the world. Marcus isn't in a coma but rather has succumbed to Needles control over his body. Minion (Marcus) is attempting to break that control.

Hammer head.

The fact you can only play as a mini version of minion pissed me off as a kid.

Calypso, I wish to 0000000000000

Sweet Tooth in Twisted Metal 4's intro. He wished to be the star of Twisted Metal so ended up competing every year.

Why would Calypso give this guy a wish with no twist?

>we never got twister in the ps3 version
It hurts bros.

How does a dragster turn around?

This

I think it's established a few times that if your wish is generally evil or causes suffering or death to someone else or directly benefits Calypso in some way your wish gets granted without any kind of catch. Stupidly simple non-evil wishes also tend to get granted as well, such as Sweet Tooth wishing for a paper bag in the ending of Twisted Metal 1.

That's a formula 1 car you brainlet.

CALYPSO

CALYPSO

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!?

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!?

Mr Slam rides that fine line of both goofy and cool that makes Twisted Metal great

Attached: Mr._Slam_TMHO.jpg (534x353, 51K)

What ticks me off is the lore never fully got fleshed out in the games. You got secret agents spies, demons, giant robot cops, people killing each other with either war machines or souped up family vans all for the sake of a wish. Like there is so much to the games story and what ifs that I'm mad we never got to see more of it

That's cause boss vehicles are scaled up to look imposing.

for me, it was Thumper

I know, that's why I like it.

C-ALEEEEPSO... BUT WHERE DEED YOU GO?

Attached: Desktop Screenshot 2019.08.18 - 22.54.42.20.png (1920x1080, 1.37M)

What did he mean by this?

>battle royale era
>no new twisted metal
the big ass maps would be perfect for vehicle combat

outlaw in black

General genie rules. If it
>benefits calypso
>is stupidly simple
>or is generally cruel/evil
He grants it without catch. Cousin Eddy got his new RV to not explode on him when he turned it on because it would result in more scalps, not necessarily because Calypso was threatened.

See, the real issue is that with all this Battle Royal craze why has no one made a "Twisted Metal Battle Royal" that is just the ps3 twisted metal but with a few more players and one really big map?

We haven't gotten a new TM cause jaffe doesn't have the rights to TM anymore. It belongs to sony now.

What the fuck was her problem

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (1280x720, 71K)

She was a woman.

poor cutie, drifting in space
twister got fucked hard.

Yeah, and how long does Sony have to be complete retards with all possibilities of gold sitting in their lap before they can create good fucking games?

They're too busy working on a live action adaptation.

But that's outlaw, not twister.

Wait, what?

Sony is working on a twisted metal show for their new network. According to jaffe he has nothing to do with it.

Oh god no.

And here I just made the post wanting more depth on the lore. I'm sorry guys...I take it back

I WISH FOR A NEW TWISTED METAL!

Dave jaffe said he wanted to expand on the world of twisted metal himself cause he thought it was such an interesting universe but he said he wanted to do that outside of the games. Guess sony beat him to the punch.

wow great thread

Seriously what the fuck do I add to this? "oh lol I remember twisted metal tooo!"

Man I can't wait to see sweet tooth get played by a trans person of color.

Hey now, Needles Kane may be a disgusting mass murdering psychopath that specifically targets women and children in his brutal, carnage filled rampage but at least he wouldn't vote for Trump!

*ahem*
FUCK CALYPSO
FUCK MIDTOWN
FUCK MARCUS
FUCK CHARLIE
AND FUCK NIGGERS
TRUMP 2020

Attached: needles.jpg (425x637, 65K)

Attached: Wow!_Loser.png (401x351, 51K)

NOOOOOOOOO YOU CAN'T SAY THAT! MUH SERIAL KILLER CLOWN IS NOT A REPUBLICAN!

Attached: 1530572396964.jpg (1080x1020, 72K)

youtu.be/EKjcGF60hNU

3 had such an underrated soundtrack.
youtube.com/watch?v=DAgTgVOmMDk

Thumper in 2

metoo metoo
2 was my favourite, especially aesthetics-wise.
But what else to say...

Black had the best soundtrack.

Based.
youtube.com/watch?v=5sVgmmszOjw

Attached: minion concept art.jpg (525x350, 53K)

youtube.com/watch?v=bl5NMxAgUG0

>when you go idle for a few seconds and the track switches to a more ambient song
youtube.com/watch?v=YBJdhstc1qg

holy shit you're on to something here, that's a multi million dollar idea. Twisted metal or Cel Damage Battle Royal

I just realized the front looks like a face.

Spoopy

Attached: MINION.png (1920x1080, 1.66M)

I wish for a new War of the Monsters..

Attached: wotm.jpg (800x1136, 168K)