Why does it look so bad

why does it look so bad...

youtube.com/watch?v=S59dBaquIew

Attached: keyart-1024x576.png (1024x576, 973K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/yhSdwQz5gZo?t=56
youtube.com/watch?v=DK_-QKY21WU
youtube.com/watch?v=LkJUh_RlWTc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I don't think it looks bad at all, it's just that i don't personally dig the artstyle.
They did a good job porting the first game, they understand the core mechanics and what makes it a timeless classic, i'm personally gonna give them a chance.

youtu.be/yhSdwQz5gZo?t=56

that's pretty much my problem that art still looks horrible the gameplay looks fine.

to all those retards that thought the actual gameplay wasn't going to look like this trash back when it was first announced.

Attached: Fuck you, I was right!.gif (690x388, 2.87M)

You think the gameplay looks like trash?
It looks like it plays exactly like the first game with some minor additions.
What's your issue with it?

i meant the art. when it was announced, everyone gave me shit for saying the final game was going to have the same art from the screenshots.

Who would ever approve this artwork?

Attached: Screenshot_20190902-121217_YouTube.jpg (2960x1440, 1.17M)

it's not even animated well.

Attached: DUW7vEqWkAEuvMR.png (1040x1172, 206K)

>the virgin windjammers 2
>the chad log jammers
youtube.com/watch?v=DK_-QKY21WU

Boring.
Now here's the real shit (and it's free, if you know where to look).

youtube.com/watch?v=LkJUh_RlWTc

Attached: 235.jpg (1280x720, 157K)

It looks somewhat bad because it's being played by absolute noobs. It's a nervous game that only looks cool when people know what the fuck they're doing.
I personally think it's going to be fantastic.

fuck the molasses weeb shit
all pc games are free retard

>fuck the molasses
What you posted is literally twice as slow.

Why do all these games look like shit? This is literally pong 2.0

I see a zoom zoom, i go boom boom.
Keep fucking walking.

Attached: 1320126275481.jpg (330x379, 37K)

Beats playing that hot load of shit
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

it looks bad because 90% of Windjammers "fans" dont actually play the game and are looking for a reason not to like this one so theyre not exposed. Every WJ clone released is always met with "It sucks cause its not windjammers" and now that the posers are at risk of putting money where their mouth is they gotta find another reason to hate it.

you dont have the intelligence to understand

>it looks bad because 90% of Windjammers "fans" dont actually play the game
I do, it's literally in my top 10 favorite games ever made.
>are looking for a reason not to like this one
I just think the artstyle looks really shit.
The gameplay looks good tho.
Most people just have a problem with the aestetic, not the gameplay.

Attached: 5233.jpg (1280x720, 195K)

The fuck happened to the art shown in the trailers?

Fuck all of you stupid internet contrarians who shit on absolutely everything to feel better about yourself, this looks fine, good even, but oh you need to feel better about yourself, better look around for something to complain about
Literally the only part that looks pretty rough is the portrait on the right here

The artstyle is bad.
Stop rationalizing and damage controlling, nobody is attacking the gameplay.

Im watching both vids and power disc is noticeably slower, unless its a strat to wait an entire second each time after catching it. i dont know what youre on about

No, fuck you, at worst it's fine
If you're such a fucking art connoisseur tell me what is actually wrong with it instead of smugly sitting so high above everything, spiting on everything below you

>unless its a strat to wait an entire second each time after catching it
Just the player being bad.
You should always immediately throw back the disc in the trickiest trajectory you can manage.

>No, fuck you, at worst it's fine
No, it's trash.
>what is actually wrong with it
It's derpy as fuck.
It's unfocused, details are blurry, it looks like something that's been vectored for some low paid deviantart tier commission, there's a lack of strong features and detailing.
It doesn't look especially good in motion either, the animations for the movements of the characters look pretty janky.
The effects look kinda ok but some of them need additional work.
It just looks shoddy, not the standards of quality one would expect for such a project.

I think it looks ok. Or even kind of good.
But I think it would look way, way better if the background was just drawn, stylized, and shaded the same way all the animated characters are.
For some weird reason I can't imagine, they're not.

Americans.

This looks actually fantastic; if you don't like it you're just a weeb.

I am massive weeb and I like it. Aside from the backgrounds.

>don't think just consume

I'm guessing the one on the right is some sort of sprite art reference.

for me it looks like it got the indivisible treatment and they had to take out all detail because the artist got lazy

Attached: harukadiskjam.jpg (1200x750, 159K)

>don't think just shitpost
I disagree, but I can see where you're are coming from. However saying it looks outright bad is just stupid and unfair

same reason new Battletoads and new SOR4 look lame, sprites are awesome and they replaced them with this smooth flash animation shit

imagine buying a nu game when you can play the old, inevitably better version for free online

I don't like it as someone who has played the original. None of this is relevant though.

What IS relevant is that if it isn't using ggpo I won't be playing it at ALL.

A small team of mostly programmers and then darrens brother donny whos super dope in adobe(formerly macromedia) flash

hey what the fuck happened to the old art? It was 100x better than whatever this is.

Hey all, if you want a 4 player Windjammers ripoff check out a game I made, VIDEO GAME, on Steam

Peace x

Attached: tumblr_pgnuarrhfA1usstnko1_640 (1).gif (600x338, 2.38M)

Not bad actually, good visual feedback, seems solid.
Ain't giving no 4channer any money tho.

Fair enough

windjammers looks cool as fuck but i never got the hang of it. i cant even beat the machine on fightcade.