What's your excuse for not owning the best action game of the year when it's on sale right now? Shillpost...

What's your excuse for not owning the best action game of the year when it's on sale right now? Shillpost, but not really. I just want people to know there's a chance to get a great game for cheap.
chrono.gg

Attached: dmc5--1152775.jpeg.jpg (665x374, 69K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/eXNk63ie_u8
nexusmods.com/devilmaycry5/mods/393?tab=description
youtube.com/watch?v=cuo3YOxSH4g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'm waiting for the SE re-release.
I'll get it on PS5, or more likely on the Switch Pro.

I remember all the levels that force you to play V and immediately lose interest

Astral Chain is not on sale, OP

no vergil yet

Holy fuck Astral Chain is so goddamn good.
Probably one of the best things PG has ever made.
It's both a brainlet filter AND a normie filter rolled in one.
Fantastic game to weed out normies, if you like AC you're automatically a patrician in my book.
I will even forgive 2 horrible video game opinions you might have.
BUT ONLY 2.

I do own God Hand, though. Your link is for DMC5.

That's because Cody stole his clothes and without Griffon it's a bit tough to get a decent temporary outfit.

Attached: 30_vergil01.jpg (1920x1080, 336K)

because im fucking poor and I don't like pirating

>all the levels that force you to play V
Yeah, all four of them.

But it is on sale, just not on discount. :^)

>play through once on normal
>unlock hard mode
>Nero levels are based, forced V levels are even worse
>finally unlock Dante
>hype to go full double rocketlaunchers and faust shenanigans with SDT the rest of the game
>save gets corrupted, have to start over
god
damnit

it unfortunately makes 1/5th of the game fucking trash

>not taking it as a chance to start over in SoS by beating Urizen in the prologue

I'm more sad about losing all the weapons and abilities than losing my progress desu

Already bought and played Sekiro.

It's on gamepass so I played it through that.

He could have borrowed some pizza stained outfit from Dante.

I already pirated it and it was a mediocre easy game with pacifist enemies
I prefer games where I'm actually getting challenged, this game is so easy that it has to put ebin words on the screen to let you know that your single buttom spam is doing fine

>Vergil in DMC3 Dante's outfit
You just summoned (((them))).

>he only played through once on the starter difficulty

Attached: 1567334995692m.jpg (1024x576, 43K)

No matter how few his missions are, he still sucks arse.

I still need to finish DMC4SE.

This needs to be modded into the game.

Attached: 1540309261091.jpg (1084x1440, 217K)

My only real complaints about it are that both Nero and V are lacking in comparison to Dante, and that the game on hard is too easy while DMD turns enemies into insane sponges. Granted I barely attempted DMD.

That being said it's still a stupidly fun game, put like 60 hours into it and I rarely do that with these types of games. Dante just has so many fun mechanics, I wish every game had this much depth to it's combat.

I did buy it and beat it on every game mode. Now I want more.

Yep im thinking its based

Attached: Dmc 4.jpg (2500x1500, 1.68M)

You can buy the game while it's on sale, and also try and finish 4:SE. But that's just a suggestion.

>DMD turns enemies into insane sponges
Only "mini bosses" have alot of health on DMD. And most of them can be worked around with QuadS, Breakers and Nightmare.

Attached: whatever you say bro.jpg (967x869, 195K)

I should give it another shot then, I just remember hitting one of those queen ants and it fucked me up and took like 0 damage despite me beating the fuck out of it.

The horny vergilfags?

Attached: 1561516061652.jpg (5120x2160, 928K)

>not owning the best action game of the year
user i'm playing Astral Chain as we speak

the horrific fanbase stopped me wanting to play it

Try Exceeding more and always charge shot 3, buster arm breakage also slaughters everything

Attached: can you look the other way Nico, thanks.jpg (2274x1098, 387K)

Imagine being worked so hard by a community for a SINGLE player game.

Attached: 1563834543528.webm (1280x720, 2.98M)

Just avoid the Yea Forums threads if we're so bad retard

also know that you can get it for 5 dollars since its on game pass for both xbox and pc

I already pirated it weeks ago.
And if THIS shit is the "best" the 2019 has to offer, I truly fear for the future.

>paying for a RENTAL system
enjoy losing "your" vidya when you stop paying them / service goes under.

it was just a suggestion for poorfags

if you're poor, just pirate.

i guess so

I had that problem aswell, targeting high hp enemies first and avoiding to switch targets helps

V is not so bad.

You rang?

Attached: 1562304419099.gif (268x350, 2.98M)

He's not bad, but he's like DMC1 Dante and DMC4 Nero, missing important mechanics. He doesn't feel like he could move as freely as Dante and Nero, and Shadow as his basic attacks feel sluggish. maybe it would've been better if they used an Angelo instead, but what do I know.
I feel if he didn't have that large distance between him and his summons, it might be better.

Attached: DpUW_81U8AEsW6g.jpg (1000x666, 219K)

agreed.

I often wonder how people who don't like playing V play him. If you want to maintain an SSS rank with him, you need to use every move he brings to the table.

I feel like he's got too much to handle at once yet most of it doesn't feel as deep. Like you said, maybe if he'd only had one summon rather than three it would've felt better.

Reminder that the art book is great

Attached: image00267.jpg (1357x1920, 451K)

Small scans though.

It's Dan's birthday today! Don't forget to say something nice to him.

Attached: gorilla.png (1201x618, 1.23M)

waiting for the DLC/Special edition.
Want to make sure I don't wind up having to buy it twice.

Huh, nice, just two days away from mine

That's worse than the bike and middle section from Bayonetta.

damn nero dunking on vergil like that

>No translations for the novel or artbook
WHYY

God fucking why did they have to shove such a shitty breaking system on Nero after fixing him to near perfection after DMC4? I already hate the lack of switching which makes his other limitiation even worse.

>Nero calling somebody a Gorilla

Oh, that's rich.

Attached: 1551945137082.png (1969x1969, 1.77M)

youtu.be/eXNk63ie_u8

Shadow seems a lot more responsive when V is close to the target. Also the slowdown from Royal Fork is worth every bit of DT that you use for it. It usually provides enough time to set up your next attacks and also has solid stagger capabilities (not to mention stupidly high number of i-frames). I don't think V really needs good movement options like Dante or Nero since his commitment to attacking is really low and his evasive options are really good. I do think he's missing some kind of air action to bring him back to the ground after missing a Checkmate though.

They recently announced that they're releasing Before the Nightmare in English.

Where?

You know what. I saw it on facebook and tried to find the post again. I can't find it. So I either imagined it or somebody lied.

tl;dr: nevermind.

Haven't played DMC3 & DMC4 yet.

I pirated it

;_;

I was hyped for this game for years and it did nothing but disappoint me. V ruined it and the story was bad.

I'm sorry, user.

Attached: 69771025.jpg (817x960, 122K)

Same here user. But at least I had a lot of fun in these threads before release.

You sure you're not confusing it with the translation Divinity Statue did?

>half of vergil instead of just giving us vergil
They were on a budget why the fuck would they waste it on shitty gameplay.

>I often wonder how people who don't like playing V play him
They face the wall and spam buttons

Kill yourself.

Itsuno created the gameplay before the story. He decided early on that he was going to create a summoner character.

Attached: 1547071437494.jpg (1600x1600, 816K)

Lmfao Action game, the biggest action scene is a roof and a wall that collapses Pfffffffff haHaHahaha

There's Trish mod now:
nexusmods.com/devilmaycry5/mods/393?tab=description

Frankly it's better to wait for SE

I preordered it and regretted it. Itsuno failed to meet expectations, let alone exceed them

I think people who hate V are the one who don't want to take the time to learn how to use him. I don't mind playing as him. I remapped my controls so I can use Shadow and Griffon at the same time. I do this until I can summon nightmare. Then while Nightmare is doing his thing I use Griffon and Shadows bigger combos.

>What's your excuse for not owning the best action game of the year
I've got my copy of Astral Chain 3 days ago, nigger

They weren't even sure if they wanted to make him playable or not. They could have done that for vergil's doppelganger and saved budget and time since we got base vergil already.

>They weren't even sure if they wanted to make him playable or not
They were reluctant since he was hard to make, and some might not have liked him. but they did it in the end anyways.

There's a translation for the whole novel?

>Vergil DLC
>the sons of Sparda are in the underworld
>Vergil tells Dante the story of his return to the human world
>mission 1 is mission 20 from dmc3 except you play as Vergil
>mission 2, Vergil fights his way to Mundus's throne, fights lots of nobodies, shadows, death scissors, et cetera just to get stomped by Mundus who breaks the Yamato and enslaves him
>mission 3 is a three-phase rematch with Dante as Nelo Angelo, as Vergil blacks out between each round
>Vergil feels Mundus's grip on him weaken and he breaks free, but he's hunted by the demons and the constant asskicking has spent Vergil's healing factor
>mission 4 is V against Urizen, trying to stop him from raising the Qliphoth and failing
>mission 5 is a brief co-op romp with Dante, Vergil takes up an Angelo greatsword
>Vergil laments that his newfound power comes from Urizen's mass sacrifice of human life
>the cane has fallen into hell, Vergil comments that it came to him in his moment of weakness, but this time, it will be a moment of strength
>Vergil separates his two halves once more in order to earn his power
>Vergil no longer regrets his past as it made him a better person, and new life is given to the nightmares who are welcomed as friends
>mission 6, V beats Urizen and rejoins with him Urizen
>the cane absorbs Yamato as well and transforms
>a sword emerges from within the cane
>Vergil frees himself and his brother from hell with the Devil Sword Vergil, but not before one last rematch with Dante in mission 7
>you play as either Dante or Vergil while the character you don't pick becomes the final boss
>Vergil's conscience is cleared, feeling his ill-gotten power is purified and wholly belongs to him
>devil arms: DSV, Angelo greatsword, Shadow (basically Beowulf)
>ranged weapons: summon swords, griffon (grows a wing and shoots lightning), and nightmare (nightmare beta+Artemis)
>styles: darkslayer, doppelganger, summoner, and royalguard (blocks with sheath, blocks projectiles)
Did I do it good?

Yeah, but it has some problems.

Attached: Is a work.jpg (1034x1385, 757K)

That's 20% of the game you prick

That doesn't change anything about my point.

was Vergil an incel before having Nero?

No he was a homo.

It changes that V's Playstyle exiting wasn't the reason we didn't get Vergil, since he wasn't always ment to be Vergil. And they would've never made Vergil one of the main playable characters in the base game anyways, so what are you bitching about?

It was a good idea, but in practice he's just not responsive, and he doesn't mesh well with the control scheme

has he seen this already?

I got that game for free with my graphics card a few months ago.
Still haven't bothered installing it, but thanks for reminding me

I already did and finished everything im just waiting for the vergil dlc

Attached: 1565661451479.gif (550x400, 1.59M)

the game is dog shit

>Vergil DLC
>makes you play as V
Why? Also, Vergil won't get a DSV, Yamato is all what he uses when he SDTs. And you can't fit the summons into Vergil as if they're a one button style. A deflect move or a block would be nice, but I don't see him ever getting one. And he won't get style switching because that's Dante's gimmick.

V is better than Vergil at being Vergil.

Making Shadow like Beowulf would be stupid. He's a cat that makes spikes, none of his moves involve punching or kicking.

I just bought two other games (Varnir for $20 and Extella Link for $31) that were on sale

V would suck if he didn't have Royal Fork and Nightmare. He's fun.

>I do think he's missing some kind of air action to bring him back to the ground after missing a Checkmate though.
Yeah, I feel that. Maybe a trick down backward+cane where he throws the cane below him and he teleports to the ground. Then Gambit can be forward+cane.

Attached: 1549816413921.webm (900x506, 835K)

why the fuck they didnt include Nelo Angelo costume in DMC4?

I heard there was an actual reason for that, but I can't remember why.

>since he wasn't always ment to be Vergil.
My point was that he ended up as Vergil and hes gone so why couldn't we just get vergil as a playable character with v related shit.

Your idea is still retarded every single time you posted it.

Because Vergil wasn't ment to be a playable character, he was ment to be the final boss against Nero. And why are you asking to give Vergil some playstyle that doesnt fit him? It would be horrible to do so, keep that V shit with a weak bodied character, not someone like Vergil.

>I already did and finished everything im just waiting for the vergil dlc

Same. I need more, Capcom! You already made us wait 10 years.

Attached: 70029718.jpg (500x500, 26K)

I only posted it, like, twice, ever.

How often does Nevan play guitar? When does Cerberus whack you with metal rods? Devil arms aren't always one-to-one renditions of enemy movesets. Shadow does have melee strikes and guillotine is kinda like lunar phase.

So do you think they could fit these two attacks for SDT in the next entry?
youtube.com/watch?v=cuo3YOxSH4g
The first one isn't much, it's just a DT explosion, the second one though could be something.

Attached: my eyes I can't close them.jpg (2292x1139, 416K)

Gonna be honest that sounds bad

I kinda figured summoner would change all his buttons so he's completely like V, so it would be like a super style rather than a normal style that only changes one button. I'm against the idea that a character can only work a certain way simply because that's how they worked before (within reason, of course, otherwise you get DmC), but I'll admit my idea isn't entirely perfected. Just tossing out a sort of rough draft.

It still ruins replayability for me, I honestly went back to DMC4 Vergil rather than replay V.

I wouldn't really want to play as V much more either, but I thought it worked for the narrative I had in mind, and I also felt like the campaign would be too short without some extra bits. Also not 100% on the style-switching, kinda cheesed it to give Vergil a little more going on and wanted to make the most of all the buttons on the controller.

The narrative isn't good either

>I kinda figured summoner would change all his buttons so he's completely like V
You're asking for Vergil to not be able to use his melle weapons, not to DT, and rely on summons as if he is a weak man. Why would you want that? It won't flow well with combos, and it won't be a welcome addition to Vergil since he does not need any of that at all.
And I while we're here, why not give Dante all of Nero's mechanics, by just a press of the d-pad he'll be able to exceed charge shot, buster and use the breakers. Does that sound like a good idea to you?

Attached: e40dc4ebf41237e4e19728e8a27b6bac.jpg (1000x667, 285K)

V and Nero make me lose interest in playing it. Bloody Palace is a gas, but honestly I'd much, much rather have a randomized BP ala DMC3.

Just really couldn't get into it. I wish they'd evolved the formula beyond the linear area > arena > cutscene > boss

I stopped playing a level or two after V was introduced and just wasnt feeling it.

Already own it and beat it twice.
It's not even the best action game of the year.

Some people would have unironically probably prefer nero never existed and have all his abilities donated to Dante, so while it doesn't appeal to me there are some who'd probably want that.

Vergil should get MGR zandatsu style blade mode finishers, would also be a nice callback to V

That doesnt mean it's a good idea. Dante is already bloated as he is now.
What I'm saying is, keep each character with a unique playstyle, there is no need to mash everything together to make some abomination. If you want V's playstyle to be back, then your best hope is with a different character getting it.

Yeah it would be rather awkward.
Just look at how the different characters in 5 have different optimizations for their control schemes.
You'd expect equivalent functions to be locked to the same buttons for a full system switch, and that may not be very ergonomic or practical.

bought the deluxe edition.

>and that may not be very ergonomic or practical.
All the characters have that problem in their default controls, Dante can't twosome time unless you mash both the the gun and style button, Nero's blue rose needs to be charged at all times, and Griffon would be easier to deal with if he was in one of the bumpers or triggers. Having every character with the same control scheme will ease the player to the characters, and later he can change each one to what he feels comfortable.

Would giving Nero autocharge be a good idea?
Or would it be overpowered.
The fact you have to hold it down is kind of a light balancing aspect of it but it's annoying to hold it down constantly.
Dante's E&I autocharge during Gunslinger don't they?

Jesus, Noah Prime is fucking insane

>Would giving Nero autocharge be a good idea? Or would it be overpowered.
I don't think it'll effect the games balance much, it'll just free up your finger. but I'm okay with how he is now. I mapped BR on R2 and moved the buster to L1 and have DT on square.
>Dante's E&I autocharge during Gunslinger don't they?
yes, but only E&I, other guns don't auto charge. And I don't know how could you even implement auto charging with Nero when doesn't have any styles.

Attached: DujO4C0V4AAqFMu.jpg (1408x890, 160K)

Why did Dante NWF Lucia? She's pretty, kind and loves him for who he is. Lady and Trish treat him like shit.

Attached: 1563768976108.jpg (1000x1870, 153K)

wrong thread