Buy Deserts of Kharak

Buy Deserts of Kharak.
It is only 5 yuros on Steam, and comes with Homeworld Remastered as well.

I finished the campaign today and it was pretty great. Reminded me a lot of classic C&C games.

Attached: deserts_of_kharak_03.jpg (1280x536, 204K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4pFN2M3uM3o
youtube.com/watch?v=mNpqdFBhgp8
youtube.com/watch?v=J675BQaIuQs
youtube.com/watch?v=BLnkOyQRuGQ
youtube.com/watch?v=3PIU1E_3G2c
youtube.com/watch?v=kem_3JKW8iU
youtube.com/watch?v=zXGUU611ZPA
chrisfossart.com/2011/07/asimov/nggallery/page/2
youtube.com/watch?v=u7wEHPIbw-0
youtube.com/watch?v=ZG9Hvt4p7U8
youtube.com/watch?v=NmcSMAuo8OI
youtube.com/watch?v=xRBmRIhz6vU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

it's a shame the bots are brain dead in multiplayer.
obviously not an issue if you have friends though.

Yeah, the AI is shit in skirmish. Normal AI just sends salvagers to die, and the Hard AI cheats like a motherfucker.

The aesthetics and music of the game are also fucking amazing.

Attached: homeworld-deserts-of-kharak-gaalsien-carrier.jpg (620x351, 26K)

Money goes to gearbox.

Attached: 1537972550534.jpg (640x295, 65K)

did the homeworld developers skip the UI class?

Unfortunately, hence you should buy it when you get it for cheap.
It is a fucking kino game m8. Fucking pirate it if you are so adamant about not giving money to randy. My agenda here is just to get more people to acknowledge this absolute gem of an rts.

I absolutely adore the unit design of the game.

Attached: Gaalsien Honorguard cruiser.jpg (1200x842, 98K)

Can you play Deserts of Kharak before Homeworld since it's a prequel?

Yes, of course. I have never played Homeworld though I know the gist of it from just browsing rts threads, and I troughoutly enjoyed Deserts of Kharak. The 5 yuro bundle comes with Homeworld remastered which I am installing right now in order to play it.

>I have never played Homeworld
Then how can you answer the question?

Because I assumed that you meant that there was need to know some background lore etc from Homeworld in order to understand Deserts of Kharak, which is not the case at all.

No I want to know if Deserts of Kharak spoils the story of Homeworld since it came out like two decades after it and prequels like this tend to make references or clear up things of the older game.

Would only buy it for Homeworld Remastered. The New Kharak is kinda shit.

Are the DLCs worth getting?

It doesn't spoil the story of Homeworld at all really. It basically just tells what happened 100 years before the start of start of Homeworld.

The new factions are pretty neat though it is only multiplayer/comstomp content unfortunately.

So it basically leads up to the discovery of the spaceship?

It basically has no replay-ability value, but for the current price it is worth it for the single player experience, the same way a movie ticket or audiobook is worth it. Hell, there's probably shitty starbucks coffees that are more.

>RTS campaign has no replay value
I mean yeah

Yeah. A major mechanic in the game is breaking apart crashes starships that you find in the desert and harvesting them for artifacts and raw resources. There is a reason why the game was called shipbreakers before it was changed to Deserts of Kharak.

Wasn't it Hardware: Shipbreakers before it officially became a Homeworld game?

Well, if the skirmish was good, with many interesting maps, you could somewhat role play yourself. I have done this many times in supreme commander, or age of empires.

Unfortunately the A.I. is too brain dead. The campaign hides it with tons of scripting, but by itself its like shooting fish in a barrel.

the remaster is awful, deserts is much better.

Yeah, it was.

They are both great, stop being so contrarian

Not really. The remaster really only has GWAFIX going for it.

It's garbage and you know it. There's nothing tactical about it nor any strategy.

youtube.com/watch?v=J675BQaIuQs
Kharak is still burning.
Day 1 pirate, unless it proves to be a masterpiece and Gearbox doesn't shoehorn any garbage in.
Only real niggas will realize that this has Dust Wars written all over it

Attached: 1562978617838.gif (412x304, 2.59M)

Dust Wars?

Based on what?

>the subject did not survive the interrogation
Serves them right.

Attached: 1365696723377.png (175x175, 56K)

The original Homeworld 2 storyline.
Or at least, what is claimed to be.
youtube.com/watch?v=BLnkOyQRuGQ

Concept art has Megaliths everywhere.
By G*d, they are finally back.
Only the realest of niggas remember when they were featured in the OG Homeworld 2 E3 trailer.

Attached: https _playfig.s3.amazonaws.com_CampaignMediaItem_image_campaign_media_item_2019_08_21_3026cb9a-f61b (2607x1416, 889K)

I will still pirate it

Attached: https _playfig.s3.amazonaws.com_CampaignMediaItem_image_campaign_media_item_2019_08_21_96a2c2e2-e71a (2607x1416, 1M)

I wonder who the new bad guys will be.
We've had enough of space steppe people, space romans/japs and space WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: https _playfig.s3.amazonaws.com_CampaignMediaItem_image_campaign_media_item_2019_08_21_effb7221-25b2 (2607x1416, 850K)

Coming from Deserts of Kharak to homeworld is kinda jarring. The third dimension makes controlling the battle somewhat confusing.

I will never understand this mentality

I don't trust Gearbox.
If the game is good, and these schmucks haven't touched a damn thing like in DoK i will buy it.

Attached: https _playfig.s3.amazonaws.com_CampaignMediaItem_image_campaign_media_item_2019_08_21_4f616062-1cc5 (2607x1416, 681K)

Hiigaran Scout, Fighter and maybe a Lance Fighter type of thing.

It takes some time to get used to, but at the same time it's not in your face. Homeworld's combat pace usually gives you enough time to deal with attacks from weird directions.
Unless you are in the last missions

Attached: https _playfig.s3.amazonaws.com_CampaignMediaItem_image_campaign_media_item_2019_08_21_1da3b40f-fc1f (2607x1416, 862K)

this is actually the next wipeout

Who knows, maybe the chink who did the now ancient third person control mod for Homeworld 2 will come back.

Attached: https _playfig.s3.amazonaws.com_CampaignMediaItem_image_campaign_media_item_2019_08_21_2c4b9741-a291 (2607x1416, 2.02M)

Most ships aren't that slick though.
And that would be the end of the concept art.

Attached: jngqrgqgqgg.png (1053x561, 510K)

They certainly have similarity to wipeout in terms of aesthetics.
What do you call this artstyle?

I played the original but never this. Aside from the 3rd dimension is the gameplay similar?

I was wrong.
Should i keep dumping what is on their fig page?

It doesn't have a particular name, but Homeworld's ship design is almost entirely based on Chris Foss's work.

Attached: https _playfig.s3.amazonaws.com_CampaignImage_image_campaign_image_2019_08_18_7643e99b-ce5b-405b-b7b (1600x772, 161K)

THICC!

>yuros
It’s spelled with a y?

>15
It literally can't be more obvious at this point.

Attached: https _playfig.s3.amazonaws.com_CampaignImage_image_campaign_image_2019_08_18_a273e801-803b-4d6d-a67 (1600x900, 164K)

Is Homeworld and Kharak worth it if you're a big RTS fan?

Man I really want to. The ships are cool and the game look neat... but is there any way to give the money directly to the devs instead of Gearbox?

I'd have to say that kinda, based on the little I managed to play Homeworld today. Stuff like your units and resources sticking with you throughout the campaign is the same as is the general feel of how you collect resources and command your units, and research stuff. Homeworld however, feels slower paced, while deserts of Kharak is actually quite fast paced at times, and in it map control is more critical as shit like high elevation or line of sight can determine whose railguns manage to shoot first etc. Of course, Deserts of Kharak also has the capital ship serve as a fighting unit that can move, instead of being just static production unit like in Homeworld.

No.
It is just funnier to me to spell it like that.

Didn't this game get shat on at launch?

I been playing the complex mod for homeworld 2. Am I terrible or is it HORRIBLY unbalanced?

Yes

I hope you're right. I'm taking the plunge, gearbox be damned.

fuck randy pictford

Definitely.
Deserts of Kharak kinda gives me Command and Conquer vibes due to the aesthetics of the factions and how they work, with the bulky and industrial looking, slow but tough Coalition reminding me of GDI, and the sleek, and advanced looking, fast glass cannons of the Gaalsien reminding me of the brotherhood of Nod.

Attached: gaalsien assault ship.jpg (1920x1080, 242K)

I feel like the enemy needs to be an extra galactic threat. Not as otherworldly as the Beast, but not as familiar as the bad guys we've been fighting. It's the age of Sjet, for crying out loud, there are gates everywhere, all the people have mostly United thanks to the unification of the 3 cores. Give me something from beyond the known realms.

I tried playing complex and i couldn't understand anything but then again i hadn't played homeworld for 7 years prior to that so i didn't even know how the game worked on a basic level.
It's a pretty complex mod.

Pirate it, the game is ok for the SP but there's basically 0 unit variety.

I liked them all and rts is my favorite genre.

There is no reason not to try them.
At it's core, it's rock paper scissors balanced RTS gameplay with unit persistence for the campaign missions.
All games in the series have god tier voice acting, graphics, art design, sound design and generally very good storylines save for Homeworld 2

It was always shit.

Attached: https _playfig.s3.amazonaws.com_CampaignImage_image_campaign_image_2019_08_18_faccc4b2-a9dd-4743-aba (1600x900, 135K)

Dunno. It flew under my radar back then. Even if it did, I suppose that the devs must have fixed any major issues because I can't really find any major flaws with the game outside of the unfortunately shitty AI in the Skirmish mode.

The campaign in around 12 missions long, and while I do wish it was a bit longer, it does manage to tell it's story pretty well.

How's the soundtrack for Deserts? Also any tips for it and both Homeworld+gog version of Cataclysm? I suck at RTS despite trying to play Warhammer 40k

But you can only build 6 fighters. Bombers also count as fighters so you have to choose between the two. And dont get me started on the shitty campaign. Gotta take out 4 ion frigates and all you have is a carrier, 6 bombers. and 5 corvettes. BUT they take CONSTANT radiation damage so that means you have to keep replacing them. All the while they are attacking your objective and you cant do shit to heal it. Also, all your ship classes are tied to your rank.

fuck you
HW2 was great

Cool, thanks. I think I'll give it a try

Just because all the gates have been found, Kiith political drama won't stop. All it takes it is for them to find a new hidden civilization that is a bit angry, and you have a recipe for a new war.
The real question is what the new McGuffin will be.

It's story is a complete mess, that's what i was emphasizing. Or poorly worded.

Attached: https _playfig.s3.amazonaws.com_CampaignImage_image_campaign_image_2019_08_18_10c3ae1b-915c-4179-bb8 (1600x800, 142K)

The concept art is on point, wonder how all of this will translate ingame.

Attached: https _playfig.s3.amazonaws.com_CampaignImage_image_campaign_image_2019_08_18_01450078-bda6-416f-90f (1600x900, 96K)

New Hiigaran carrier?

Attached: https _playfig.s3.amazonaws.com_CampaignImage_image_campaign_image_2019_08_18_f73a1572-b057-4cdf-8ed (1600x736, 98K)

>but there's basically 0 unit variety.
That's a lie.

There is same degree of unit variety between the factions as in Supreme Commander for example. All the 4 factions have units that fill the same, or similar roles but do it in somewhat different ways.

For example, the basic light attack vehicle of the Coalition, and the Sand skimmer of the Gaalsien are very similar on the surface, both being cheap, fast and lightly armored scouting and harassing units that are good for outflanking the enemy. However, the light attack vehicle has a longer range than the sand skimmer, and is a bit tougher, but also at it's base speed, it is slower than the sand skimmer. It has a boost ability that lets it temporarily go faster, which it can use to catch up to fleeing sand skimmers, but it has to be timed if one wants to catch them.
Also, the sand skimmer, being a hovercraft, can actually move into any direction at full speed, unlike the wheeled light attack vehicle. These sort of subtle differences are found in all the units of the factions in the game.
Sure, it isn't starcraft tier faction diversity, but that hardly ever has been the standard in rts games.

Attached: Gaalsien sand skimmer.png (663x363, 304K)

finding the spaceship is the last level

>dat transition from the HW1 cinematic to the game engine

Attached: 1567342992716.jpg (1024x512, 134K)

>How's the soundtrack for Deserts?
Pretty great.

Spooky bad guys, or neutral unknown region occupants.
Or an extragalactic civilization like that user said, who knows

Attached: https _playfig.s3.amazonaws.com_CampaignImage_image_campaign_image_2019_08_18_0df2415f-5d5b-45bd-853 (1600x762, 92K)

Fucking kino.

He did nothing wrong.

Attached: Gaalsien leader.jpg (1024x534, 212K)

youtube.com/watch?v=3PIU1E_3G2c

>but that hardly ever has been the standard in rts games.
lmao, play good games instead of garbage.

>dem HW1-inspired scout designs
>dat engine trail color

A-are the Taiidan going to be the protagonists?

Attached: 1567095735263.jpg (1440x900, 582K)

Name 5 other rts games that came out in the last decade that had starcraft tier faction diversity.
Hell, name just 3.

>4 years out
>fully funded but still using fig
>dodging the launcher question(impacts how much money you make if you become an "investor")
>high chance of being tainted by randys autism

Based.
youtube.com/watch?v=kem_3JKW8iU

Honestly looks too much like the Taidaan carrier. I wonder if the New Taidaan Republic will play a role.

Blackbird seems to be the main people behind it, so I'm cautiously optimistic. Started dicking around in HWR yesterday and I'm genuinely surprised at how much they've improved it, the new formation mechanics for HW1 fighters especially is fucking great.
You're not wrong though

Attached: 1532003129135.jpg (300x300, 37K)

Dammit. What is the name of this sci-fi concept art style, assuming it even has one (and if not, it must!)

In my mind I call it "retro sci fi novel cover art"

Attached: Panther-3806 Asimov The Early Asimov 1.jpg (447x709, 66K)

the virgin S'jet vs. The K'HAD Sajuuk

Turrets on top of something big like a Megalith.
Ship/turret hybrids like in the old Homeworld 2 perhaps?
Here it is by the way, for any new Homeworld fans.
youtube.com/watch?v=zXGUU611ZPA

Absolutely not, the banana ship is all over the concept art. They could reappear though.

Now, the only thing that is not worrying is the last one. DoK came out unscathed by Gearbox autism. Kharak is still burning, regardless.

>Honestly looks too much like the Taidaan carrier.
Oh shit you are right. Likely, though the Taiidan Republic is still mostly part of Homeworld Cataclysm's canon which has been almost completely retconned by Homeworld 2.

Attached: https _playfig.s3.amazonaws.com_CampaignImage_image_campaign_image_2019_08_18_28b0169d-7bbe-4094-943 (1600x900, 162K)

Probably functional. Curvy shit is a gigantic waste and making shit 100% efficient cubes/spheres isn't happening.

The artist is named Chris Foss.

Attached: 1526762564954.jpg (377x395, 65K)

That particular artist is easily recognizable
chrisfossart.com/2011/07/asimov/nggallery/page/2

What's the deal with Cataclysm anyways?

I feel like having ANY Kiith politics at this point in history would cheapen what Karan and her crew did. By all means, let the bickering continue in the background as a form of lore and worldbuilding, but when there are gates open that lead to other galaxies rife with resources and new people's, please don't let politics play too strong a role.

The first game was about going home. The second was about uniting people and unlocking the progenitors secrets. The third game has to be something progenitor related, something that is a result of the gates opening.

Unless they pull a Blizzard and suddenly THE PROGENITORS ARE RETURNING AND THEYRE BAD GUYS LMAOOOOO

Top lel.

>THE PROGENITORS ARE RETURNING AND THEYRE BAD GUYS LMAOOOOO
Don't fucking remind me jesus fucking christ I am still fucking mad about how Blizzard utterly trashed Starcraft lore with SC2's "muh prophesy, muh big bad amon, muh cycle" bs

dont forget "muh crystals" and "muh energies"

Even if Cataclysm is entirely retconned, there was still a Taidaani rebellion that the exiles aided, and that aided the exiles. Since the exiles defeated the Taidaani Empire and its emperor, it stands to reason the new republic took over, and it is plausible they could be mentioned or seen in HW3.

WoW ruined Blizzard.

Attached: 1557113249967.png (596x699, 372K)

I do wonder how the japs feel about the homeworld series. Must be niche as hell over there.

They should take inspiration from PDS '''lore'''
>activating the hyperspace network also activates a bunch of previously inert progenitor artifacts and constructs
>everyone suddenly rushing to get their hands on it in a pseudo-arms race while the Hiigarans try to keep things stable and the Taiidan/Vaygr get ready to try to fuck them up

It's simple, can go anywhere, and would play into the whole biblical 'forbidden fruit' theme that's referenced in all the games.

Blizzard has been recycling the "former enemies banding together to fight a greater foe" for almost 2 decades.

Last piece of concept art for good this time. The design of the internals of Homeworld's ships always kinda creeped me out, as you pretty much never saw humans there the few times they appeared in cutscenes.

The source code is held hostage by Rockstar, and it's canonicity is still debated.
Homeworld 2's background lore never once mentioned the events of Cataclysm even in the slightest, and all the tech that the Edgetaw researched has seemingly vanished.
It's a mess nearly 2 decades later still.

I see your point, Kiith bickering quieted down all the way back in HW2.
But the nu-Hiigarans getting sole access to massive unknown regions filled with resources, new civilizations and possible horrors could re-ignite rivalries.
As you said, this will probably be background lore but it could appear ingame for a bit. Would be fun to fight Soban mercenaries.
Only the realest of real niggas remember Mothership Warfare

>Unless they pull a Blizzard and suddenly THE PROGENITORS ARE RETURNING AND THEYRE BAD GUYS LMAOOOOO

Worrying, given how they did greenlight Homeworld 2's Progenitor wankery back in the day.

Attached: https _playfig.s3.amazonaws.com_CampaignImage_image_campaign_image_2019_08_29_ea831821-1629-4a09-90e (1600x772, 116K)

youtube.com/watch?v=u7wEHPIbw-0

I think it's functional minimalism. Although it's less of a style and more of an approach to designing things.

HW2 briefly mentioned that the Vaygr absorbed the Taiidani in their ranks. They could be a republic now, a series of broken up states, a new empire and everything inbetween.

Not sure about Japan, but Homeworld does have a rather understated Chinese fanbase.

Oh shit, I didn't know the Vaygr did that.

Why was cataclysm ignored?

It's literally in the intro.
>The Taiidan have risen under a new leader... a Vaygr warrior lord named Makaan

I thought the Vaygr only absorbed the Imperialist faction of the Taiidan. The Republicans got swallowed up by the Higarans.
Cause it's in legal limbo because of Rockstar and it wasn't developed by the OG Relic team.
Although technically it does not contradict anything in HW1&2 save that according to HW2 materials hyperspace isn't a space you actually travel through, which invalidates the explanation as to where and how the Beast attached itself to the NAGGAROK.

It's been a few years, give me a break.

>make homeworld game
>no 3d movement
whats the point

Dune buggie warfare

I wasn't attacking you, user-kun.

>The Republicans got swallowed up by the Higarans.
What. Is it on the HW2s booklet?

Their rts base is small, but they seem like good lads

Attached: 1558116721886.png (1476x2028, 246K)

>The Republicans got swallowed up by the Higarans.

fuck Karan S'jumpf and fuck kiith people

>Yes, they know!
>For a million threads we have been trapped in this board
>Reading your electromagnetic shitposting from your tiny self posters
>We know you better than you know yourselves
>Your enemies came to use us, and instead we shall use each other
>In return for their help, the ones known as Redittors will be given half the site!
>An ample return for unbanning this ship's systems, and leading my children back to me

Attached: Naggarok.jpg (684x540, 51K)

>land combat
>no infantry
yikes. Same reason Supreme commander is trash

autism

Best game from the franchise is still Cataclysm, though, or as the call it today, Emergence on Gog.com.
>He doesn't know
Homeworld 3 in production, just learned it a few minutes ago, they'd better not mess this up.

*charges rangeban*

Attached: Siege_cannon_derelict.jpg (681x464, 108K)

SUPREME autism. Why would you need infantry in an age of gargantuan robotic self-assembling armies?

Dumbest post in a while.

Do you have any fucking idea of the scale of the game?
This thing is the TINIEST unit in the game. What role do you think that infantry would possibly serve in a game that is of this scale?

Attached: Deserts of Kharak Coalition light attack vehicle.jpg (2480x1431, 586K)

Deserts of Kharak convinced me they can pull it off.

Although the story could have been better and more closer to amazing lore dump in the old manual.

Fuck cant believe we are getting something after the shitshow that was remastered.

Attached: reference.jpg (900x1300, 288K)

>play doto a lot
>sell all the shit I got over the years
>buy it with gabens funbux
Is that better?

Attached: 1566715799260.png (240x240, 49K)

Remastered was far from a shitshow. The formations were screwed in HW1 by putting it on the HW2 engine, but everything else was damn near a flawless transition.

Time to finally make that papercraft.

Also for lore expeculation, I bet its going to be civil war. One of the kiths are going to go insane and fuck most of higarians on exile or some shit.

Attached: reference2.jpg (1140x920, 121K)

remastered got fixed tbf

Did it?

I never followed it. Then again honestly I would just play regular Homeworld 1.

>Cause it's in legal limbo because of Rockstar and it wasn't developed by the OG Relic team.
Wasn't it because the source code got lost and they would need to rebuild the game from zero?

>So the shitposters are now warriors?
>You have come far, little Bo'ard Vee
>You can still join us and be rewarded, as the Redditors will be
>We can make your Bo'ard supreme upon Fortsan
>Is this not what you wanted, when you awakened my children?

Attached: Naggy.png (750x650, 190K)

You know, everyone, there's no way they can pull off an Homeworld.
I still remember 20 years ago when I got the game and found myself reading a fucking book before even installing the game.

I fucking hated the story of Deserts, is not like it was bad, but it feel wasted in more hiigaraniggers and I feel it opens plot holes to the story of 1.

Filthy Taiidani hands wrote this post

After DoK, I have faith in Blackbird. It was mostly true to established lore, and it had the unmistakable aesthetic of Homeworld despite being on the ground. I HA e no issues giving them the benefit of the doubt on HW3.

Kharak genocide best day of my life.

We will get an approximation for sure. and pretty grafix.
It belongs to its time and right on the final edge of a great pc and console era.

Game looks and sounds great but the story is qeak, granted changing the game mid way must have fucked focus. Would have been great to see all kiths mentioned in the document.

So what was its fucking problem.

Attached: q3biqaq.jpg (1024x554, 81K)

I remember it having some contradictions with the HW1 manual so I view it as non-canon.

Taiidani dog, you are lower than my shoe.

I never finished it, might do it now, they fuck with how they discover the khar toba?

Fuck
>supernova music intensifies
There are very few games that have put in the mood like this fucking game and level. Homeworld is best fucking drunk.

IMO Cataclysm is the only sequel, because, let's be honest, HW2's story was absolute garbage.

And despite some weird decisions if feels closer to a side story and sequel than 2.

2 wanted to be all fucking biblical but failed to be subtle like 1.

He is even worse than a Turanic, he is -may Sajuuk forgive me for uttering that word- an Imperialist.

The contradiction is that according to HW1 is that the all the kiiths were united by the time the hyperspace core was found.
Meanwhile in DoK, one of kiiths, a bunch of hyper-religious nutjobs known as the Gaalsen get tech from the Khar'toba and start a holy war against the coalition for daring to go into space.

Homeworld is one of those series that I want to love, that I've tried multiple times to get into.
The story sounds amazing, the designs are fantastic, and I love rts.
But everytime, by the second mission, I feel like I have to micro and save scum super hard to salvage every ship I can so I'm not fucked late game, or so I've been told, and I end up dropping it because I'm worrying too much and not just having fun.
tl;dr I can't into homeworld even though I want to
What the fuck is wrong with me?

Attached: 1547608226613.jpg (1920x1080, 403K)

They don't fuck the discovery of the Khar Toba other than you fighting the Sajuuk in the remains.
The biggest two problems with the lore are:
>The whole premise of shipbreakers
I know they didn't want to throw all that to the trashbin, but I don't think they ever explained why didn't they just put a camp on one of the other thousands of crashed ships other than the Hyperspace Core having new super powers just because but they didn't discover that till later.
>The SPOILER
Seriouslly A FUCKING TAIIDAN CARRIER LEAVING A BIG FUCKING ION CANNON TO NUKE YOU FROM GETTING CLOSER TO THE KHAR TOBA is a big fucking deal.

How is that contradictory to the lore? The hyperspace core is found only at the end of Deserts of Kharak, at which point Gaalsien has been basically destroyed.

Oh Hiigara, i shall redeem you with my soul and my blood.

>The contradiction is that according to HW1 is that the all the kiiths were united by the time the hyperspace core was found.

Nope actually it mentions Galsien faded to obscurity and irrelevancy but remained defiant and fanatic,I think it also mentions sabotaging mothership construction at some point.

Just go with the flow. Game is hard but not broken.

Yeah the spaceship derelicts. It makes much more sense for the Toba to be a singular amazing discovery.

Oh lawd, guess I'll have to dig up my manuals.

By Sajuuk, i see the destruction of the Taiidanis as clear as i see you.

The irony is that they were actually right. Maybe they were part of the crew that knew of the conditions taidan imposed on them during the ancient war and made it into a religion.

The whole thing about the derelics is that is just another wank to the hyperspace core that was just a generic one in 1.

Yeah, the whole thing is that they were right but why they were right has twisted into a religion. Meanwhile the planet is dying so everybody is "may as well die trying"

wait a minute that ship

Attached: Heart_of_Midlothian.png (1280x440, 120K)

which one..? that is not on the pic at all

I think he means the blue one getting hit because he is fucking blind

Top lel

Heck I thought originally the one used in the Mothership was actually a copy of the one found in the Khar'toba, and that shit got retconned. At least short jump cores are still a thing.

I've got it all.
We kill them even with scouts.

Japan has a big (niche)scene which encapsulates western rts , city builder, civilisation type games and revere them.

Homeworld is very liked actually.

It is told in the Booklet that K'Had Sajuuk had an anal disease.

>sabotaging mothership construction at some point.

Wasn't really sabotage, it was their Pope/Grand Mufti praying on the pad in protest during the first rocket launch to build the Scaffold (I think), until he was incinerated by the engines

Attached: 1552657776593.jpg (531x385, 128K)

It always gets me how similar we are.
I really shouldn't surprise me but every time I see the nips shitposting about the same shit we do it makes me happy.

We didn't even use proper scouts.
We used plastic probes.

Yes but there are also mentions of multiple small sabotages mid construction.

> I thought originally the one used in the Mothership was actually a copy of the one found in the Khar'toba
You didn't "thought" the manual explicit said it was:
>This is a direct copy of the one found under the sands of Khar-Toba, but expanded twelve-fold to accommodate a vessel of the Mothership’s mass.
But that got retconed in 2 so I don't blame Deserts much for it.

-You are a dog, Somtaaw Kiith Sa.
-No, you are the dog.

LIES

Top lel. How the mighty have fallen.

Attached: Gaalsien religious leader.jpg (817x794, 91K)

Kind missed the ambiguity of old Homeworld cutscenes.

Now we have full frontal Sjet cutie grill. Oh well.

The story is clear now.
You are a supporter of the Gaalsien.

Let's begin with Karan S'jet, that fish tank seller.

Were the Higarians of old really so bad that they deserved the exile?

Yes.

You piece of filth, the Manaan are too pure for these comments.

Aren't the Kushan/Higarians more like jews than muslims tho?

Unironically worse than the Taiidan.

Problem with homeworld is that its arc is perfected in homeworld 1 in terms of story.
Anything after it is politics, mongol invasions or an ancient evil awakens.

That is why cataclysm worked, its just a side thing.

They were trying to overthrow the Jews but their crippling autism turned everyone against them

Beady-eyed Ta*idan detected

Their story is reminiscent of the Exodus, but they are based on the actual real life Kushan.
So neither.

>calling me a Taiidan sympathizer
Taiidan were also fucking assholes, considering they killed, bribed and fucked their way into power on the Galactic Council.

Both

That actually gives me an idea. Fuck Sjet make the game 2000 years after reaching Higara. Make Sjet a Jesus like figure, she literally carried the biggest fuckign cross and even died and got resurrected before the end.

Game is about more water fat higarans getting sloopy, and starting a civil war to emulate the old one that got them banished.

looks like I was the real HIDF all along

Attached: 1567342867660.jpg (1146x670, 114K)

>Make Sjet a Jesus like figure
Isn't she already that in 2?

Cataclysm also kinda had the same atmosphere as 1, that of going into the uknow and finding horrors lurking.

2 was just Halo in space

I shall liberate you from the Taiidani

Yes but not mythical and legendary yet, just a big hero. A time jump would be nice to get a fresh start.

Its hard to make a story for homeworld, the exodus in 1 is part of the charm.

2 took place over a hundred years after 1 and has her being as young because "reasons"
I wont be surprised if you get to play as her in 3 too.

Is burning the only solution for the Kushan?

She is in the trailer.

Oh sons of Hiigara, oh the most evil of creatures, oh barbaric apes.

Not until the end of the game. Before they built the second Mothership she was more of a reclusive neet who was only really seen aimlessly wandering around the old Mothership near the hyperspace core when she thought nobody was around
;__;

Attached: homeworld_karen_sjet_cut_scene.jpg (600x319, 79K)

goddamn the art direction, sound design and graphics are just so on point in kharak and homeworld in general

>mermaid hair

Absolutely based

Attached: ImogenHeaphyperspacingatincrediblehihgspeed.jpg (978x457, 194K)

I want Karen S'jet to be my wife.

Supreme Commander has infantry retard it's just robotic infantry

DoK was shit honestly, but get the other Homeworld games if you want a comfy space strategy game and an abundance of mods.

wow user how'd you figure that one out

youtube.com/watch?v=ZG9Hvt4p7U8

I fucking despise rachel
every word her VA says is like nails being shot out of my headphones
roman had none of the personality that made me like fleet command either but at least he was just the captain and not the single person doing every fucking thing every mission

I unironically kinda wish that the devs would revisit the concept of Deserts of Kharak at some point as it has tons of potential in itself, and it would be pity if the extend it ends up being explored is limited to mere prequel. The whole planetary view in the loading screens between missions in itself speaks of a far larger world and span of the setting than what the campaign itself showcases.

I don't like how those fighters look compared to others like HW1's

They look like racing ships like those in Redout. Also no visible guns.

Attached: homeworld___kushan__blade__class_interceptor_by_jetstream77-d90pei1.jpg (1024x732, 133K)

Voice acting for DoK is all over the place. The Gaalsien all sound very good, but the Good Kiithâ„¢ are all sloppy.

I disagree, the new design makes sense since it obviously takes place beyond Homeworld 2.
Kushan/Hiigaran ships were initially just sloppy designs and reverse engineered mashups, of course they looked very rough around the edges. By Homeworld 2, their design process was streamlined and so were their ships. All Hiigaran ships by then were sleek, and designed with purpose rather than desperation. It makes sense that this will go even further in Homeworld 3.

Attached: Get in the fucking ship, Karen.png (535x684, 68K)

Im not buying your faggot gay nerd shit boring game, shill

>Wow only 5 bucks.
>$7.49 Oh riiiight, Euros are worth more. No prob... wait a sec. It doesn't come with remastered.
>$9.55 for Deserts and remastered.... Hmmm whats this below it...
>31.55 for Deluxe Edition..
Gross

I didn't mind her, but I didn't like her either. Fleet Command in HW1 was a Christmas miracle, the small inflection in her voice was really well done.
>We made it... Hyperspace jump complete!
>T-they're attacking... The Mothership is under attack
>We cannot stay, we are on a journey

How the fuck are you supposed to beat the Kadeshi? Their fucking swarmers just dab on my fighters.

That is like asking why infantry in battle tech is relegated to background lore.

Frigates and the heavier corvettes fren, also destroy the fucking fuel pods

>Why does a bundle including 2 games and 2 dlcs cost more than a single game on sale.

retard

The OP definitely implies that Homeworld Remastered comes with the 5 yuro purchase

Which homeworld ship would be the most willing to try anal?

Turanic Raider Carrier

salvage-chan has two (2) holes

Attached: ona.jpg (1280x720, 65K)

That's just how it is in real life, to be fair. Some modern designs look simply terrible when compared to older ones, especially in concept.

Just look at this. I won't deny that they are strealined designs but they are just awful. They have certainly affected my own morale.

Attached: T-14armata VS T-90.jpg (1499x1787, 1.29M)

>game on sale for 7.50

So it has a solid single player? I'd snag it if it's fun. I'm a big fan of Red Alert and Generals.

Yes, in fact if you read the Homeworld manual (back when manuals were worth reading) it basically spoils you the general gist of what Deserts of Kharak entails.
In other words, DoK was made for Homeworld fans fully knowing the general gist of what will happen.
Just make sure to read the DoK manual/guide thing cause it has a ton of extra story and lore info, and then do the same with the Homeworld 1/2 manuals (Steam doesn't come with them, but you can google for them).

Yes, originally it was going to be "totally-not-Homeworld-prequel-guise" by the original series creator that was basically Homeworld prequel in all but game name and lore names.
But then they got in bed with Gearbox who bought the rights to the series and were allowed to make it a proper prequel and not "totally-not-prequel" kind of deal, in exchange for selling their soul to the devil aka Randy.

As much as I enjoy the edgy Empire aesthetic, I hope we move away from it

Attached: PRESERVING F R E E D O M.jpg (685x385, 25K)

>The Whispering Gallery mission
Oh shit

>It is only 5 yuros on Steam
Damn. I only have American monies.

I need more Vaygr stuff
The space bathubs are sexy as fuck and the battlecruisers are so incredible

Mothership, if it would make you happy.

Karen can feel every single touch on the Mothership.
So can Makaan on his Flagship
And the Bentusi

Not him but DoK is basically the same as regular Homeworld, but without third dimension and with sand instead of void of space.
You even have this giant carrier ship on treads and wheels that's basically ground equivalent of your HQ carrier from space.

Any version of Homeworld 2 is good. Homeworld 1 on the other hand...
>HW1 Remastered: Plenty of broken features compared to the original. Virtually no physics whatsoever since formations just break apart in combat and bullets aren't really projectiles. Everything is based on a hit percentage so it's garbage. All of this because they recycled the engine from HW2 which worked well enough for that game.
>HW1 Classic: Crashes randomly or at specific spots thanks to a poor implementation of OpenGL. Requires messing with regedit to get 1080p.
>HW1 Retail: Hates modern PCs and 1080p resolutions or higher. Not being sold anymore. Also requires regedit tweaking.
>HW2 Classic: Requires a steam workshop mod to fix the goddamn broken ship trails. I think it requires messing with the shortcut/commandline options to get 1080p.

In short it's good for a casual playthrough but if you're looking for the best experience you won't find much here. These devs are complete retards.

The funny think is that, that retard doesn't actually get one of the key sci-fi ideas on Supreme Commander, which was actually quite cool apart from the generic "robots pew pew" stuff.

There is precisely 1 infantry on the entire battlefield, and is the commander. Everything else is assembled from local resources and is robotic.

So basically, the "battles" in supreme commander, might as well be two soldiers duelling. Its just that equipment has, uh, evolved a bit. Instead of tossing a grenade, yu toss a base that provides a self-replicating army, sort of thing.

>Fig
>Gearbox
>again, fucking FIG (if you don't know, it's a literal pyramid scheme fraud scam)
Even if it comes out, Day 1 Pirate.

Frigates to draw their fire and fire upon the fuel pods. While their fighters are occupied by your frigates, engage them with your own fighters/interceptors.

Should I start with original HW1 -> Cataclysm -> Deserts -> HW1R -> Cataclysm -> HW2R??
Or go straight to Deserts -> HW1R -> Cataclysm -> HW2R?
I know they didn't remake Cataclysm because Randy is a faggot and I feel like going back to it after Deserts and HW1R will be jarring with old engine, visuals and shit.

It was confirmed Rockstar still has the original source master disc but hold it hostage.

Story reasons, plenty of people were asking for a prequel.

What are those meme orders? Just play in release order.

Yes, it had a giant 7.6GB "2.0" patch that overhauled it completely.
Not only did it bring back working formations and actual physics-based projectiles, completely removed the HW2-style RNG shit and whatnot, but it actually refined them AND made BOTH HW1 and HW2 use them which essentially means HW2R is the only way to play HW2 with non-garbage gameplay (seeing as it's now formation and physics based just like HW1, while original HW2 is stuck with RNG shit).

I don't wanna play original HW2 since there's literally no point in playing it with the remake existing and being better.
I just wish Cataclysm was part of the remake which is what's fucking me up.

Just replace originals with remasters in the order.

Attached: 1535828786938.jpg (864x717, 67K)

>>HW1 Remastered: Plenty of broken features compared to the original. Virtually no physics whatsoever since formations just break apart in combat and bullets aren't really projectiles. Everything is based on a hit percentage so it's garbage. All of this because they recycled the engine from HW2 which worked well enough for that game.
This hasn't been true for years, stop spreading misinfo and see Now kill yourself.

Did you even read my original post you subhuman anime shitter?

thats... thats actually pretty based

Good luck with this attitude.

>Someone jerks off and it hits the hill

What do the fucking formations even do?

The fuck, but homeworld 1 type of combat and physics dont fuck up missions in 2?

Or add anything to them.

The play style of 1 and 2 are noticeably different.

You could make a phalanx of capital ships in 1 and they stayed together and worked as a team.

2 kinda makes them all crazy.

okay mom
still won't use it because reshade breaks shadows and only work well with the classic ones, pettiness aside it's completely fine now

>ReShade
filters.jpg

Nope, it works great, try it yourself and I don't even mean buy, just pirate latest build

>reshade

Attached: 1548619029847.png (250x250, 51K)

my computer is so shit it can't run this :(
I love the aesthetics tho

The problem is that DoK was supposed to have its own self contained universe with its own lore. Shipbreaking and salvaging was supposed to be a core mechanic. Its obvious it got rushed and cut down in order to hamfist in a connection with the Homeworld series, yet all credit to BBI, they made it work with the cutscenes, music, and decent RTS controls. I cant imagine how its been decades and other games cant do waypoints properly. Elevation based physics and trajectories also makes me hopeful for homeworld3's combat being better than ever..

Attached: 89aeb8a89a655ec862dc58f3159062fc.jpg (3016x2326, 570K)

>The problem is that DoK was supposed to have its own self contained universe with its own lore. Shipbreaking and salvaging was supposed to be a core mechanic. Its obvious it got rushed and cut down in order to hamfist in a connection with the Homeworld series
Award of the dumbest retard on Yea Forums today goes to (You).

This, find a torrent, mega or whatever. Buy it only when on sale, whatever job BBI did, paying full price is just giving the extra money to Pitchford.

>he thinks this is in the same universe as space Israelites
youtube.com/watch?v=NmcSMAuo8OI

The game was literally from get go explicitly made to be totally-not-Homeworld-prequel simply because they didn't have the rights to it, retard.
They always wanted it to be THE Homeworld prequel, just couldn't get the money for the IP so they went with a knockoff approach but then Gearbox offered them access to IP in exchange for their souls and they did it.
tl;dr It was always meant to be Homeworld

>a Homeworld thread on nu-Yea Forums went to nearly 300 replies
It was a fun ride

>Race can into space all of a sudden
>Has a billion different kinds of spaceships pop up out of nowhere

OK folks, which is the most bullshit mission across the series?

>he didn't play the game

Attached: 1534711862734.jpg (480x318, 16K)

Just noticed this while watching the Fig video.
BBI, hand the S'jet pics over.

Attached: bbi.jpg (822x671, 115K)

The one with the station in the radiation field because of how it glitches out unless you comb the entire fucking map for the single ship that managed to escape

That supernova mission? I got stuck in it right now

nice tits.

That was a pretty good review.

Ok, I think i'll get the pack with deserts and remastered.
I dont need any DLC stuff right? Im not gonna miss anything? What about this Cataclysm expansion I heard about?
I probably wont ever finish all 3 and at least 2 of them will sit in my backlog forever unbeaten, why do i do this?

So, pirate it. OK. Will do.

Graveyard if you are not clever.

shill

See

>What about this Cataclysm expansion I heard about?
It's a spinoff game set not a long time after the events of Homeworld. Mechanically it is the best game in the series, and it comes packed with a horror story to boot making it the sole game of it's type in the entirety of the RTS genre. There is a kicker though.
It was developed by what was back then Barking Dog Studios, and what is now Rockstar Vancouver. Needless to say, Rockstar is keeping the master disk hostage so we will never get a remaster of the game. It's official name now on GOG is Homeworld: Emergence because Blizzard are shoes. It needs some fiddling around to work on modern systems, but other than that it runs well. Chronologically, it should be played after you finish Homeworld.

Why are rockstar being dicks about it?

Because they can. There really is no other reason.

No gravity does wonders

As long as you play the games it's ok.

The naked version is never going to make it.

It's not even a gem of a rts. If you think that you are about to be dabbed on hard.

I think that it is, especially in these barren times when it comes to RTS games.

Tasteless fag

why are bombers so shit?
They never properly target and release bombs on enemies on their first fly by

Homeworld 1 + 2 is a gem yes. Deserts of Kharak is definitely not. Can you stop shilling this shitty game?

You have to place the target directly on the unit you want them to strike if you don't want them to do a general airstrike.

>5 yuros
How much is that in real money

>RTSfags are so desperate they're shilling a 7/10 game
Just wait for AoE 2 & 3 DE

Slightly more, because "real money" is worth less than yuros.

>calls dok shit
>thinks aoe 3 is good
Really?

Sorry your Dune wannabe game flopped user.

Aint gonna shell out 20 quid for it just now, but boy, this game gives me the right vibes.
For some reason now i cannot separate this game and Endless Space 2's desert planets.

Give it a couple years and get back to me on that.

Are all units manned or remotely controlled?
If manned, damn I killed a lot of my carrier crew

Homeworld 3 is happening, where is aoe4?

Because they most likely would want some unreasonable bullshit sum amount of money for it or % of sales and since Randy is a equally jewish scum, he'd never share his tendies.

Announced, just like HW3.

Manned

I think everything besides the Gaalsien Sandskimmers are manned.

Damn how many people does a carrier contain.

The best mod made for homeworld 2 remastered is the macross universe mod.

I think it is mentioned in the game that the crew numbers in the thousands at least.
I mean, they are fucking massive.

I was really hoping this game would be Company of Heroes in the desert but it really didn't live up to that. The units and factions were just so homogeneous.

>homeworld prequel
>company of heroes

Attached: 1548389084553.png (256x196, 7K)

Relic

Are not involved?

Yes, and? Homeworld has always had a different style of gameplay from company of heroes

Don't forget that the yellow dues uses an orbiting blue laser cannon on the last mission against the red dudes' leader.

That too

Getting Taiidan feelings from that image. Taiidan republic getting involved in Homeworld 3?

Attached: 1234434760716.png (1280x1024, 58K)

Attached: 1234434942580.png (1280x1024, 82K)

Attached: 1234435039295.png (1280x1024, 197K)

Attached: 1234435457212.png (1280x1024, 252K)

Attached: 1234436962665.png (1280x1024, 368K)

youtube.com/watch?v=xRBmRIhz6vU
Here us a good gamecast of deserts of kharak

Attached: 1234433971827.png (1280x1024, 449K)

Attached: 1234436217833.png (1280x1024, 531K)

>175 ion frigates
how

Literal jew propaganda series with protagonists being LITERAL space jews.

>Those ships in the concept art that make the mothership look pathetically small
Why do I feel is never going to happen?

see

I just want to play Cataclysm at 4k with high res textures and without HW2's shit mechanics

Attached: 8a4[1].jpg (316x202, 30K)

Cataclysm remake is never gonna happen, both parties (Gearbox and Rockstar) are massive kikes.
Also Relic already killed Cataclysm's relevance by completely retconning its existence in HW2 anyway.

I know, it hurts. I really wish they didn't fuck up HW1 by making it play like HW2 in the remake. I just really hate HW2

>I know, it hurts. I really wish they didn't fuck up HW1 by making it play like HW2 in the remake. I just really hate HW2
You're an idiot and your complaint hasn't been valid for 3 years.

>I really wish they didn't fuck up HW1 by making it play like HW2 in the remake.
Lmao look at this retard and laugh

Imagine talking shit about games you haven't played since launch.

I wont apologize because they didn't alert me that they fixed their mistake.

They not only did alert everyone who bought the game on Steam with a fucking news update that showed in your news log on Steam, but they also made a huge fucking blogpost with video about it AND had multiple news media articles reporting on it.

ok but they didn't let ME know about it.

>music of the game are also fucking amazing
This.

Homeworld is an amazing IP.

>Ah yes, let me read every update for a game that is dead to me because the mechanics were raped on release.
this but unironically

Keep moving the goalposts nigger

>t. Mister I know about every bear that has farted in the woods

>read steam news
>reading video game blogposts

Attached: images[1].png (273x184, 7K)

Attached: pqafkb6d9ba01.jpg (645x729, 57K)

Posting pepe/wojak/rageface should be instant permanent ban.

I think the 'soul/soulless' tag could've gone with this

>i'm alive to actually see HW3 get announced

damn right when the Gundam mod team finally got working again, i hope 3 has full mod support if they dont go full Dawn of War 3 mode

Attached: 1265573141148.jpg (2811x4000, 2.11M)

>wtf idiot, you don't like the taste of spinach? They did a rework on the flavor.
>They not only did alert everyone who bought a bag of spinach at the grocery store with a fucking news update that showed in your news log on Kroger News Now, but they also made a huge fucking spinach blogpost with video about it AND had multiple spinach news media articles reporting on it.

Thank fuck

Attached: 1566367781685.jpg (311x265, 23K)

>Desert of Kharak
>Mission 11
>The Siidim have betrayed us.
>mfw

Attached: 1494814336645.gif (400x225, 1.48M)

Those bastards! After everything we went through together. They could have been heroes.