HUNT SHOWDOWN THREAD

HMMMMM HMMMM HMMMMM HMMMMM HMMMM HMMMMM HMMMMM HMMMM HMMMMM HMMMMM HMMMM HMMMMM

Attached: Hunt Showdown.jpg (323x433, 23K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vUyWwqY-pYc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Heard 1.0 made it worse, but is it still worth picking up? Had my eye on it for a while and I'm waiting for it to go on sale.

also interested
what happened with 1.0? why did the reviews plummet?

>less immersive and tense after 1.0
>easier to headshot after 1.0
>ui redesigned by a down syndrome

still fun to play

nothing.
people are just talking shit because thats whats they do.

>what happened with 1.0?
Consoles, literally.
Everything was redesigned with consoles in mind, especially the UI.

Reading through the negative reviews most seem to just be people complaining in broken english that they didnt know about the wipe before launch and complaining about the "p2w" cosmetic store.

My only gripes are nerfing the hell out of the starting rifle which is just punishing new players and making them quit, the new UI which is trash but considering they cant so much as turn a corner with out someone complaining about it i think they said they were "considering adding a classic ui option" sometime. The other is that ive lost 10-15 frames since pre-release which is shit but nothing that you cant deal with if you arent trying to run a cry engine game on a toaster. The new cryengine trailer was 50% hunt footage im guessing it will get an engine update soon so that will either fix things or completely break it

youtube.com/watch?v=vUyWwqY-pYc

On a side note there looks like footage of a HD crysis remake of some kind in there as well that im surprised everyone isnt going nuts about

Attached: 6were2downarrows.jpg (276x350, 36K)

HMMMM HMMMMMMM

added in gunslinger view which keeps your gun in a relaxed ready stance, like a normal FPS. Previously you had to hold a button down to hold the gun like that and hip fire, then another button was to ADS. Also made the UI worse.

What do you mean "starting rifle"? The Maretti or the single barrel shotgun?

HMMMM HMM HMM HMMMMMMMMM

lol, every fucking time

PS4 release date fucking when

>Someone tries to chuck a stick of dynamite at me and blows themselves up

This has happened twice in as many days, how are people this bad?

Not a Hunt expert, but I got three prestige’s under my belt from the beta.

The gameplay is still the same old goodness for the most part.

The menus and UI are trash. Yes they were bad before, but now they are literally trash. Unacceptable.

The new unlock system is retarded to the max and punishes you if you want to actually just play the game your style. I cannot imagine how bad it will get with repeated prestiges.

Some balance choices are questionable, for example:
The Winfield 1873 is considerably shittier in all iterations. It used to be THE rifle of choice for actually good players simply because it was such a fucking headshot machine. Now it cycles about as fast as a Vetterli or a Mosin, making it a straight up downgrade.

You unlock the Caldwell Conversion (the old starter revolver) at Bloodline rank 20, which makes no sense since it has barely any stats over the starter Nagant 1895, this was done to stop people from unlocking the Chain and Uppercut variants early, since those two are literal monsters. This further showcases how shit the new unlock system is.

Gator Legs is 2 Upgrade points now, while game-breaking talents like Fanning and Quartermaster are still at 7 and 8 points respectively. Who the FUCK thought that Gator Legs is fucking useful?

Caldwell Pax is unlocked at level 10, literally before the Conversion. Again, what the fuck is with this sidearm balancing.

Crown and King Auto-5 and the Avtomat Mosin-Nagant were slightly nerfed, while I said “slightly” it was still shit enough having to justify their costs, now people literally go Dolch all the time because it’s actually superior to them while being cheaper (at least compared to the Avtomat) which brings me to..

Kind of:
The original game had pitch darkness, but after several patches they got rid of it and now you can fairly see. This made lanterns and such less useful, but also it's better for gunplay.

There's a super faggy Hunter/gunslinger control scheme. Hunter is the original: To fire you right click to hip aim, Shift to ironsights, or simply left click to melee. Gunslinger is the cowadoody scheme, with hipfire always up. Makes little difference but it was a console thing.

But as for the game, it's great fun. It's still good, just needs to keep up balance and content updates. Worth some money, as for how much that's up to anyone's.

The TTK could have an increase tho.

Attached: 1504144167838.jpg (369x365, 27K)

Cont.

The Dolch 96 after seeing a lot of use for being broken saw a hasty questionable “nerf” in the form of making its ammo type “Prototype” instead of Medium. Wow thanks Crytek, that’s sure to be a consolation for me as I gaze on the kill screen, knowing that the dude that used a weapon to kill me will never get his two bullets back (except if he finds a special ammo purple box pickup). They also doubled the ammo pool for the Dolch so now it’s 10 instead of 5 which makes that nerf even more pointless.

New Spider attacks, changed its AI from being a passive am usher to a hyper aggressive cunt, unlike the Assassin which can be flinched and the Butcher (he got a new projectile attack BTW) which can be outrun, you cannot do either against the Spider’s new melee attack, just sit there and take it.

The least used talents (Bulwark, Horned Skin, Bloodless etc) are still either unlocked pretty late or very expensive or both.

Dusters unlock at level 15 or something, this one’s not as awful as the rest I admit but eh.

I am sure I am forgetting something but anyway the game went from a great 9/10 pre-release to a solid 7/10 because of these weird choices and the UI.

shouldn't game breaking perks be expensive? I mean they shouldn't be game breaking at all, but better they be expensive.

Worth picking up? Never even heard of this game until I saw it advertised on the Xbone storefront. Seems like a really cool concept, I’m ok with unpolished UI since it’s still a work in progress. Is it worth 30 dollaroos?

>pay money for a multiplayer game
lol no thanks

I was actually hinting that they should be more expensive, 7 and 8 are a small price to pay for LITERALLY instant-winning any close ranged fight without sacrificing your full-length weapon slot.

Also I forgot to mention the point this user madeIt does make some difference as people become less deliberate with their actions. They are ready to snap-shot their way at any threat that appears even momentarily. While you might argue that this is what FPS is supposed to be, that was not the “feel” that Hunt had going for it.

I wish this shit was exclusive to the shitty BR mode that no one fucking plays.

I am neutral toward all other changes (Cosmetics that are admittedly cool but add nothing, female models that change fuckall, trio teams that you can just filter away during matchmaking). The fact that they didn’t make a single change from EA to Release that made me go “YES! THIS WHAT WE NEEDED ALL ALONG!” makes me a bit bummed, but I still absolutely recommend the game, it’s insane fun and extremely tense at times.

This game is so fucking aesthetic, the music, tarot cards, lore, sound design are top notch amazing.
Too bad it's stuck in a shitty multiplayer game without an actual story.

It's good but I get the vibe it's going to turn into F2P sometime. Sometimes it's extremely tense, but the TTK is so low that it gets frustrating. Guess that's every BR game.

It's not purely BR tho. You can win without even meeting another player.

I bet you bought Overwatch

Saw CDNThe3rd & Grimmz playing it, seems a fun game

Bump for more huntan
Slayan
Banishan
Humman
Stupid shitfuck how did he killed me an
Oh no a fucking Immolator fuck you you fuckan
Gunslingeran