Inaba: "I'm glad we pushed for a Wonderful 101 port"

>The Wonderful 101 is obviously something that we hold near and dear to our hearts. And so we’ve talked to a lot of different people about what it is and what it means. We’ve done a lot of intel gathering and the only thing that I can say right now is that I’m glad we did. I’m glad that we talked to a lot of different people.

nintendoenthusiast.com/2019/06/24/platinumgames-still-wants-the-wonderful-101-on-switch/

Just a reminder that it's more than likely definitely HAPPENING

Attached: TW101.jpg (930x450, 39K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ZKUrWCXuuXQ
youtu.be/fdpokq2Mlok?list=PLGxCL8JAojAOvEw7-J_3UD5pGwA9R6ine
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Good. The more people get to play W101, the better.

Of course, it'll be slammed by the journos again and sell like garbage, but that's just the way things are.

I imagine they'll include a journalist mode. All abilities unlocked from the start, auto attacks, press '-' to skip gameplay, etc

what did it MEAN?

Attached: DEBQaQTV0AAnD8B.jpg (1200x1200, 219K)

honestly a lot of abilities should be unlocked from the start. Guts is practically required, dodge is handy and playing through the first few levels without stinger, rising and cyclone is so fucking boring

Hope they remove some of the awful minigames especially the one in act 2 when you shoot alien space ship to defend that other airship and the one in the ice chapter when you are underwater in the virginvictory and change the death system i want to go back to checkpoints at the start of the fights when i die

If this happens and you switchfaggots don't buy this absolute masterpiece then you deserve shit games for the rest of your life.

It's a solid 7/10 game, terrible camera and controls but cool story and amazing soundtrack

Controls were perfect

what's wrong with the camera?

The Camera is the textbook example of amazing camera design

How well does the wiiu version perform? I was thinking of getting the game but if a switch port is coming if I just wait for that depends on how well this one sells.

We live in a world where tropical freeze was the greatest 2D platformer of all time yet flopped twice. What chance does W101 have?

Attached: donkey-kong-country-tropical-freeze-1.jpg (640x640, 148K)

They just gotta give the Journos Unlimited Mode and have the entire moveset unlocked from the get-go and I bet they'll complain less
But holy fuck who was the chucklefuck who said Unite Guts wasn't particularly useful

Oh shit, I'll definitely buy it if it comes. This time I'll do that hard mode playthrough I pussied out of on Wii U.

But Donkey Kong is gay Mortal Kombat 4eva

>flopped
>was one of the top sellers of the Switch in its launch year

10/10 final boss
youtu.be/ZKUrWCXuuXQ

that we getting it apparently
i mean, this would be like if we KNEW joker was coming in smash back when the game released.

I played DK on the 3DS and DK Frozen Dong and honestly I enjoyed the 3DS game a lot more. Frozen Dong was just...eh.

Not having certain abilities in the first level is why I think a lot of people tried the game but didn't like it.
Shit like the dodge and reflect are basically mandatory to have fun, and there is no indication that you'll unlock something like that. You basically just have to already know what Platinum action games are like, otherwise you'd think to yourself "Wow this combat is clunky and terrible"

But that's WRONG Donkey Kong is the BEST

Attached: 0.png (540x360, 261K)

how does it feel to have taste this shit?

youtu.be/fdpokq2Mlok?list=PLGxCL8JAojAOvEw7-J_3UD5pGwA9R6ine

Your average W101 player

My copy of astral chain is delayed in the mail so I'm not certain but apparently it has a similar issue of starting your abilities off as way too basic.

With such stellar competition such as
uh
Mario
Mario Tennis?

Yeah, you don't unlock most of the moveset until File 3

Jesus christ dude. You should replay it when you're not on acid.

I hope it gets some tweaks like giving you block and dodge early on, or at least tell you where to unlock them, so idiots don't get filtered because they don't know how to use it.

Platinum is really starting to piss me off with the slow starts where you have like 1/5th of the moveset and are completely gimped. It wasn't so bad in Bayonetta, but at this point it would be like if Bayonetta made you play for two hours to unlock wicked weaves and another hour after that to unlock dodge offset.

W101 was the worst Platinum game for gimping you out of the gate until Astral Chain which basically doesn't even fucking start until two and a half hours in because they refuse to let you play with any of the actual tools you'l use. I love all these games, but this design choice is puzzling to me and a big reason I think a lot of people bounce off their games.

It didn't flop ?!

Remove the gamepad dependent shit and it should do better. I fucking hate using that thing and could only stomach beating TW101 once because of it.

Nope.
Original sold like shit and a port will sell even worse.
If they do it'll sink the already barely sailing boat that is Platinum into bankruptcy.

I can’t lie. I raged.

is it going to be 30fps ?
seems to be the way it goes these days at platinum enterprises

>sold 2M
>flop

>unlisted
topkek

101 on the Switch? Nice!
Its like that so you progress instead of starting as a Monster from the beginning.

Bayo 2 gives you everything right away. You find more weapons but the basic combat of chaining combos and dodging shit remains the same, the only difference being that demonic enemies resist witch time to some degree.

No, W101 was 60fps on Wii U. There is no reason why it would be 30fps on Switch

Platinum goes for 60 for all their fast paced stuff. I replayed the PC port of Bayonetta yesterday only to discover the opening clock tower sequence is capped at 30 and it was a visual mess.

>I hope it gets some tweaks like giving you block and dodge early on, or at least tell you where to unlock them, so idiots don't get filtered because they don't know how to use it.
Never really understood this complaint, you can buy them in the shop after the first mission for considerably less money than any other skill.

Man the Wii U is fucking dead for good

I understand needing to unlock new moves and weapons and such, but stripping basic features like block and dodge from you at the beginning is just annoying. I don't feel powerful when I get these abilities, I feel relieved.

Is Astral Chain 60fps?

Killed by its own son.

Attached: p.jpg (1976x904, 204K)

no

Is Astral Chain a super fast paced action game?

nah there's still pic related to port over.
30fps

Attached: 3D World.jpg (250x353, 150K)

I have AC but I'm to lazy to even start it. Everyone says Nier automata was a masterpiece but I was so bored while playing it.

Also Pikmin, Pikmin 1-3 are the only reason I boot up my Wii-U anymore.

>Wii was great
>Wii U was bad
Did you even have a Wii U?
It was the best console of its gen and had by far the most great exclusives.

Y E S

Yes, Pikmin. These plebs talking about 3D Mario when pikmin goat is waiting.

PIKMIN FOUR WHEN
I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE

Attached: 1553104795487.jpg (1024x768, 217K)

3D World is really quaint and compares favorably to Odyssey's korok hunt. Never played Pikmin and never will.

> 3D World is really quaint and compares favorably to Odyssey's korok hunt
KEK at least try to keep your games straight Snoy troll
BOTW is the one with the korok hunt. Also, 3D world it an abomination against the Mario franchise. Fucking awful, worst 3D Mario by far.

stop posting this you retard

That's how the fans have been making it seem.

No one has been giving away that impression.

I hope it actually sells so we can get Wonder Red in Smash and a sequel.

>Wonder Red in Smash

You take your 1990s dead character and literally who SNK character and you like it

nier is mediocre but ac is good

The core gameplay is

So what's left to be ported?
>3d world
>tw101
>#fe
>xenoblade x
>pikmin 3

If you're looking for something closer to Bayo and W101 then I'd recommend starting AC

Nier Automata’s combat was so fucking bad, everything was just a damage sponge. Don’t get me started on that retarded ball boss in the desert.

Wooo another port but this time it's a mediocre game filled with QTEs and cutscenes. Platinum should stop wasting resources and poll everything to make sure Bayop is a goddamn masterpiece

d world
>>tw101
guaranteed
>>#fe
>>xenoblade x
never ever
>>pikmin 3
likely

>>#fe
>>xenoblade x
This two can fuck right off, Pikmin 3 is welcome

The Wonderful 101 has the best final act of any game I have played, it isn't even close. I hope this get ported to Switch.

Also don't spoil yourself with the video if you haven't played the game yourself.

Attached: 1546270395932.jpg (1028x1028, 1.24M)

>Focus on the gameplay
>Don't be afraid to challenge the player
says the wii, the official console of braindead waggleshit shovelware for casuals.

>port
>wasting resources

Attached: 1494711409897.png (900x900, 478K)

>quentin and child vs foolish cannabis user and child

If it isn't done by a third party it is a waste, I want Bayo 3 not W101

Not pushing for project zero uncensored. Fuck nintendo and fuck koei.

Bayonetta 1's Wii-U port was outsourced with Kamiya supervising.

I doubt porting w101 would delay anything by more than a week if even that

did platinum port bayo 1+2 themselves or was it outsourced?

Wonder Red is my #1 want but SNK (Terry, Marco, or Haohmaru) and Hayabusa are near the top too, fuck off.

Attached: 1564775097371.png (652x884, 679K)

Outsourced with supervision.

>uncensored
No chance in hell the "no censorship" only extends to third party stuff, nintendo will still uphold it's censorship on their titles. Also yeah a port would be nice in fact they should bring every FF to the switch.

>NES joycons
I wish I knew

You mean Famicom Joycons.

Why do people meme this game so hard? All that I've seen from it was fucking horrible.

because you actually have to play it to appreciate how fun it is

is this a real thing that developers do with review copies? honest question i dont really follow vidya journalism

>seen

It is flawed but fun.

Well yeah, who is stupid enough to buy a fucking Wii U? Get a grip, user.

>All that I've seen from it was fucking horrible.
>seen

There’s a difference between seeing and playing user. It’s true this game is not for everyone, but if you put the time into it and git gud, you will see why people hype it up so much.

Yeah but I watched a let's play so that's like playing. The game is boring.

>I watched a let's play so that's like playing

Attached: average comic thread on v.png (292x258, 45K)

>it was such a high profile flop no one else will bother to try dual screen console gaming again

The gamepad could've been the sickest shit man, I'm still mad. So much wasted potential.

Attached: a77.png (946x833, 606K)

I love platformers but I just couldn't get on with it. I must have played it through a few times and felt like I should love it but it never clicked.

A friend of mine did intern at a German gaming some years back and he said, they do got copies that come with saves and directions what to look at( in terms of "please use this save to look at the xyz part of the game",)

Other than that I dont recall him ever saying it has bonus stuff unlocked but I reckon a lot of them play on easier modes just to get it over with quickly

>hey what's good about this game
>OH YOU HAVE ONLY SEEN THE GAME HMM?
>HOW COME YOU DIDN'T BUY THIS GAME FOR THIS FAILED CONSOLE?
>LET ME WRITE STUPID SHIT WITHOUT EVER ACTUALLY ANSWERING THE QUESTION WHY I THINK THE GAME IS GOOD

this fanbase is fucking retarded, no wonder the game flopped. Most likely will flop again.

Attached: 1351797943741.png (555x407, 28K)

if w101 gets ported, I'll buy a switch again. I honestly sold my switch because I was hoping that w101 would get a port.

as opposed to dishonestly selling it?

AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH I LOVE CHAIKA SO MUCH AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH

Yeah platinum, maybe if you beg hard enough then daddy Miyamoto will give you your treat

yeah

I mean, Tropical Freeze isn't bad, but it's just another one. Just another 2D platformer to add to the pile. You play it once and then move on.

snoy

This but give me Leona Heidern over Haohmaru. And Kyo over Terry.

There have been some cases where review copies sent out are set to an easier difficulty, sometimes an easier difficulty that isn't even included in the release version

Fatal Frame 5

hd zeldas

We did know though, he was announced before the game came out

>#fe
Pretty much bought a Wii U to play this and I don't regret it a bit. Great game. I'd love more of it on the Switch but there's no chance in hell for it.