Main character wins the final battle

>main character wins the final battle

Attached: 8F6035B9-5847-4A47-A891-242288A79CC2.jpg (680x362, 65K)

Did Rowlet take another nappy-wappy?

why is the anime so shitty

>Gladeon
What a shitty ass final fight.

The anime is ending?

Apparently next season will be a total reboot.

Isn't SM the reboot?

>That animation
Literally worse than calarts

Thank the fucking lord. No one gives a shit about ash. Go use the MCs from the games.

>the same exact game for two decades

Wait, he finally won? Damn it took so long he grew a mustache.

but gladeon isn't the main character

Imagine how much better pokemon anime would be if they replaced the protagonist every season.

You could have Ash show up in a couple episodes in later seasons as a badass instead of a total pussy the whole time.

Here's how it's gonna go down;

Battle Starts;
Round 1
Silvally vs. Melmetal
Silvally takes Fighting-Type Form and defeats Melmetal

Round 2
Silvally (Fighting) vs. Pikachu
Pikachu using Pikanium Z will defeat Silvally

Round 3
Umbreon vs. Pikachu
Umbreon will defeat Pikachu due to the latter's exhaustion from the previous round

Round 4
Umbreon vs. Lycanroc (Dusk)
Lycanroc will defeat Umbreon using Accelerock or Counter

Round 5
Lycanroc (Midnight) vs. Lycanroc (Dusk)
Midnight Lycanroc will win with either Continental Crush/Devastating Drake or both Lycanrocs will use Stone Edge simultaneously and Dusk Lycanroc will be KO'd.

Not a reboot. Just a Galar anime but also with some focus on other regions

I can't believe Ash is fucking dead

Coincides with the death of Pokemon

Hindsight is a powerful thing user.

>Ass Ketchup will win.
>Only because the ashnime is finally ending.
Do we have confirmation that the supposed new anime WON'T have Ass Ketchup? It uses the same icon than the shitty reboot movies that have the trap ass Ketchup.

By this time in previous Gens, we already knew Ash's new design, so I'm holding out hope for Ash to be gutted

>Ash
>Ever winning
He'll fuck it up. Even if they replace him he'll fuck it up and learn that the real pokemon master was the friends we made along the way.

Attached: 1549408159182.jpg (1280x720, 112K)

>Do we have confirmation that the supposed new anime WON'T have Ass Ketchup?
No. All we know is that in addition to Galar, all the other previous regions will also appear in it. It's probably either going to be just another season of the anime but with some extra gimmick or a reboot with Ash that speeds through previous regions.

Why is Ash’s face so poorly drawn did they lower the budget of the anime?

You guys are too hard on Ash. He consistently places Top 8 in National Tournaments and he isn't even 15 years old yet. If he was real, he'd be drowning in sponsorships and fangirls considering how popular and important Pokemon battling is.

>finals
>3-vs-3
Put the anime out of its misery.

>he thinks Ash will be cut
Over Pikachu's dead body

If Ash was real he'd be at least 17 by now.

>Winning a league that is almost non-existant and becoming soneone who will not matter in the grand scheme of things is 'beating the final boss'

Dude... this is not worth it.

Ash being the first champion of a new league doesnt mean anything at all in comparison of all the other leagues hes tried, this is clearly a desperate plea for forgiveness from the staff after what they did in Kalos because their stupid rule, even more because if the new anime is indeed a reboot, then it would mean that they are doing this ONLY because they HAVE to follow said stupid rule.

Also, this shows that the only way for ash to win a league, is for him to be in a region filled with losers and inbred retards who dont take pokemon battles seriously.

This screams 'CONSOLATION PRIZE' all over the place, and this is not how ash should be winning a league.

>oh hey ash I was having a nice vacation in alola and was invited to the league

Attached: Alain.jpg (745x406, 96K)

People who hate Ash that much never learned to move on and accept that the anime will never be aimed at them.

Whatever, after the combo of Sinnoh and Kalos there was no way to make a satisfying league ever again.

>thinking they won’t just use ash again
Your optimism is commendable but let’s be realistic here

If Ash leaves I won't even watch anime or play videogames anymore, let alone Pokemon. Once he's gone an era is truly finished. My longest lasting connection to all this childish shit and what really got me into anime/video games will be severed, and it'll be time to just move on from it all. If it's time for Ash to go, it's time for me to go.

Hopefully he doesn't get rebooted though

>they seriously believe they are cutting ash
You fags never learn, do you?

>the real pokemon master was the friends we made along the way.
Well, yeah, all of his friends througout the journey have actually accomplished something
He is the only one that hasn't

movie Ash and universe also counts as a reboot btw fuck that shit

Some exec saw this garbage artstyle and said yeah this is great

He actually is, the whole
>He's still 10
is a dub invention. They just never say his age in the sub but he's been getting taller

Because it looks good in motion and the animation is far better than literally any other Pokémon anime to date. But you didn’t watch it so of course you wouldn’t know that.

Unless Ash is a fucking Manlet or a Saiyan, he should be at least taller than Misty already

Let's not get carried away here

They say it in the first episode of BW in the sub.

Why would I watch something that looks like shit.

Is that supposed to be Ash? Why does his face look so fucked up?

He let himself go after being cucked at the last possible second in XY.

>Well, yeah, all of his friends througout the journey have actually accomplished something
>Misty isn't a spectacular water type trainer and has to wageslave at the gym she hates
>May never won the grand contest
>Dawn never won the grand contest
>Serena never won the grand contest
I'll give you Brock and Tracey but "mediocre Pokemon doctor" and "professor Oak's assistant" aren't really big goals or accomplishments compared to placing Top 2 in a national Tournament of the biggest competition in the world.

they changed the art style

No they haven't, everyone has failed and given up on what they set out to accomplish and just settled for shitty consolation prizes instead. ESPECIALLY Gary.
>fuck this podunk pallet town im gonna go out and be the best pokemon trainer there ever was
>waaah grandpa grandpa I couldnt do it I couldnt even beat ash waaaaaa please I beg you take me back I was wrong let me take over the family business take me baaaaaaaack waaaaaa

>The anime will soon go to bongland
>no more comfy beaches
>no more suiren
>divegrass and brexit plots instead
Disgusting.

>Ashbowl 2019

Who's his MVP this time around? Who's the jobber?

Attached: 5ce.jpg (1252x1920, 803K)

>people seriously thinks the anime is Ending
They are just small segments of the manga. They did the same before SM release with pokemon generations

Attached: BA3D4837-9159-453C-8833-94662E43B8A8.jpg (200x194, 4K)

Does it matter? He went back to base form shitmon at the endgame and league battles don't allow full teams.

Dude Gary got like 12 badges effortlessly and didn't face defeat until he fought fucking Gen 1 Mewtwo. Then he became a renowned researcher, probably got a wife and had some kids while Ash presumably continued losing to children until he was 30.

>nobody is hyped even remotely about Sword and Shield
>anime is at it's all time worst thanks to radical character design changes
>celebrates the death of Pokemon by finally having Satoshi/Ash win

This is just plain insulting and proves that Pokemon's very financial success was the thing that kept it's own protagonist from winning the entire time.

Attached: 1560299692243.png (889x717, 858K)

How does Goodra have a 100% winrate when it lost in the fight with Alain?

The SM anime got moved to a shit timeslot early on and its audience ratings went down the drain, they never put faith in it.

The image was made before the league.

if ash leaves im done with pokemon,im selling all my cards all my plushies all my videogames EVERYTHING

It was made before the league

Pic was made right before the finals, y'know, the last time anyone cared about the Pokémon anime

Daily reminder that Goodra beat 3 gym leader Pokémon in a row while being paralyzed and they were electric on an electric field

based goodra

Gary is on the fast road to being literally the next professor Oak

Attached: source.gif (500x375, 967K)

Who was in the wrong here? Ash saved his fucking life, man.

Attached: screenshot-3-9-2013-12-57-06-pm_rwtu.jpg.png (1280x720, 457K)

>Renowned
Not yet
>Didn't face defeat
Well Ashy boy did beat him soundly
>Probably
Nice headcanon
>Presumably
Nice headcanon

Here's mine. Gary was an assistant to his grandpa for the rest of his life, neither excelling nor embarrassing himself but always thinking of what could have been. Ash continues to improve and get better placements like he's always done until he becomes the Pokemon league champion and marries Serena. He still travels wherever he wants and goes on great adventure while Gary sits and jerks off waiting for his grandpa to die.

Attached: assholes.webm (854x480, 2.94M)

How? By banging Ash's mom?

Goodra was buttfucked by the writers (or most likely the execs that mandated Ash's loss) upon its return despite being extremely powerful earlier, not only did it lose in the finals, it tied in the semifinals too.

Ash is on the fast road to literally becoming a champion
>Top 16 in Kanto
>Top 8 in Johto and Hoenn
>Top 4 in Sinnoh
>Top 2 in Kalos and Alola
>Actually won Orange Island and conquered the Battle Frontier and was offered a Frontier Brain position
Meanwhile Gary...caught some Sinnoh Pokemon that one time?

Theyre the same age, he doesn't have a wife and kids, and if getting badges is a sign of how good you are then Ash has gotten about 48 and still also beat Gary. Hes a loser that couldnt hack it as an actual pokemon master and had to give up and go crawling and dragging himself back home like a little bitch who had both his legs broken by Ash.

Isn't S/M just some polynesian bums holding a meme competition like the Orange League? Or is it official?

It's so clear that the fire-type should've gone down from the water attack. They probably animated it like that just to piss people off.

Charizard because it's revealed later he's a bitch compared to other Charizard.

I can't believe I'm alive to see him finally win a league.

Attached: 1567334355960.jpg (602x1070, 267K)

Soft-reboot at best. And evcen then they brought in Misty and Brock when the ratings started to fall. The next series is a proper reboot that supposedly plays in every region.

>Isn't S/M just some polynesian bums holding a meme competition like the Orange League? Or is it official?
It's in the game so it counts, although even in the game it gets established and held for the first time while you go through it so it's not nearly as important as any other league.

Only because he got axed.

It's true, but they at least might hypothetically become those things, whereas the writers have outright said that Ash is screwed.

>Hes a loser that couldnt hack it as an actual pokemon master
Ash has failed to do this and is still in denial. Gary had fun and realized yeah nah I want to have a career.

Attached: c9aa240712ef727eb2bb0412f4fd029099ad37f2_00.jpg (395x316, 18K)

No seriously why does he look like he has down's syndrome?

Did the LITERAL DECADES of losing finally break his mind? Is this all just a dream?

It's been the shittiest league ever, ironically. Even fucking Unova managed to have an almost full-team battle.

>Gary had fun and realized yeah nah I want to have a career.
That's the biggest cope I've ever seen. Ash hasn't failed as long as he keeps trying and improving.

Literally Pokemon.

Can't fucking wait how he fucks it up this time.

Attached: the city of pallet town.jpg (1100x9000, 1.63M)

>You guys are too hard on Ash. He consistently places Top 8 in National Tournaments
Thos tournaments are the anime equivelant of victory road.

>That episode in XYZ where Ash loses and retreats to the woods, sits down and just goes "You know what? Fuck this shit. Fuck everything."

Was there any kino like this in S/M?

Attached: CjPQyoyVEAIscVN.jpg large.jpg (382x266, 28K)

Okay yeah I bet you dropped out of school too
>man theres no way I could finish high school its too hard, oh I know ill just drop out and go work at mcdonalds, ill call it focusing on my career and say im on the fast track to being the ceo
Seriously sad cope.

That OVA for pokemon diamond/pearl with not-red was so good lads, why can't we get an anime about that

Attached: Pokemon-Origins.jpg (554x306, 47K)

I will never not be mad at sinnoh and kalos, especialy the fucking sinnoh cheating motherfucker

How is out of nowhere shitty shounen impactless drama kino?

>Improving.
Except he resets back every fucking time.

At least Ash got to beat his main rival there and got deus ex machina'd by a literally who afterwards, in Kalos he never won against him despite being set up to over multiple fights.

I want to say you are a faggot for hating that they will change a formula and character that got stale 10 years ago, but I don't watch the anime and the games are pieces of shits nowadays so what do I care.

Except you get a trophy at the end, photo shoots, interviews etc.

It's a national tournament.

O MY SECOND LEGENDARY

Why is everyone saying Ash will win when the episode isnt even out yet

That Tobias match was an overkill.

Which is the best romhack for Ultra Sun/Moon? The choices appear to be

>Pokémon Supernova Sun & Penumbra Moon

or

>Pokémon Photonic Sun and Prismatic Moon

It's his own fault for not contracting any of the dozens of legendaries he comes across. It's like IRL sports; he's playing against cheaters.

Whatever helps you sleep at night man. Ash couldn't even get 10 badges in one region while Gary got it first try.

Attached: 1477082156661.png (220x225, 67K)

Yokai Watch scared TPCi so they aped it.

He doesn't.

Because Ash is literally getting put on ice and if he doesn't win this tourney now he never will.

what they didn't show in this webm is the scene where the pink haired girl shows her gratitude by allowing ash to destroy her asshole moments later

Digimon and YGO got stale because the reboots are hit and miss. In the end Digimon brought back the OGs due to fan demand

They announced an anime reboot.

Except he doesn't. He consistently does better and better each time. Ash in DP was such a competent trainer that the writers literally had to throw legendaries at him to lose. He also performed better against that guy than anyone else in the whole tournament knocking out both Darkrai and Latios when no one else even managed to take out Darkrai. In Kalos he's even better than that and did incredibly well in his match against Diantha (the champion) he just lost to someone slightly better who admits in the Team Flare arc afterwards that Ash is a better trainer than him in the ways that are more important.

Did anyone else like the pokemon battle graphics better when they were sprites that moved instead of full 3D pokemon?

3D is hard to get right, Pokken has some really good 3D animations

>Ass Ketchup fans exists
Fuck this world, I am out of here.

Gary couldn't even get Top 8 in any region because he lost to Ash lol.

Better than REDddit fans

You mean the backlash over Ash losing the last time was so hard that they'd rather remove the character from the canon than to let him win an actual tournament?

Did Ash rape someone or what? What has he done to deserve this? Guy's been nothing but a stellar protag.

Attached: IL066.png (600x433, 210K)

Can someone explain to me the in-lore reason for Ash to constantly train up a new team of pokemon for each region? If he had stuck with the same pokemon he would've been a master by now

No, they're the equivalent of a national tournament. Challenging the E4, let alone becoming the champion in the anime is actually a big deal and not something that any random 10 year old can do by just waltzing up to a building and fighting 4 dudes.

Well I accept your concession. I'm not a fan, I just don't have a seething autistic hatred like some people seem to.

when did ash become mexican?

No. You could barely call the sprites "moving".

It's the sunk cost fallacy. Also the fact that he's not too terrible a character and has only been perceived as such in the past decade or so due to being eternally fucked over by the writing.

>Ash is going to beat Gladion and then job to the Masked Royal

Attached: 1302659113131.png (611x571, 52K)

>Ash : *registers for the pokemon league*
>Pokemon League : I'm about to end this man's whole career

To be honest it would've been more Kino if he became a pokemon master in his home region. But they can't have Ash go back because the anime exists to shill the video games.

He doesn't want to discard the bond they formed by boxing them and using his real aces. That's why he goes all out in the Battle Frontier since it's technically part of Kanto (that's also why he wins)

But the video games constantly revisit Kanto?

if ash is 10 and they are portraying him as an older kid here how fucking young are the other kids like 5? so ash beats up on 5 year old kids? lmao

best outcome to be honest

Because he wants to catch and train new pokemon and enjoy the new region to the fullest.

Lest we forget; nigga couldn't even beat Brock without resorting to not one but TWO asspulls.

Imagine getting walled so hard by fucking Brock that you glitch out the entire universe just to win.

Attached: brockcharacter.jpg (650x400, 34K)

>Sunk cost fallacy
I'm only pointing out bad arguments. Ash is
>constantly improving
>majorly accomplished for a teenager
>most accomplished of all his friends
People get really upset about me not mindlessly shitting on Ash for some reason and I'm not quite sure why.

Maybe theyre just manlets in which case Ash is required by law to beat them up

Ash got beaten in a 5v6 in the Unova league after doing this 5 times before.

Attached: zetngo-2_400x400.jpg (400x400, 18K)

Water Sport isn't an asspull and it wasn't even against the rules. Ash just felt bad about doing it.

9 years later and I'm still fucking pissed about the faggot with a Latios and Darkrai.

Winning one of the weakest leagues alongside the Orange one is something on his caliber since he can't win the other strong ones.

>I always thought brock was 18+ when I was a kid
>Turns out he's fucking 12

fucking hell

You'll notice he was in Top 8 which Gary never was.
Also are you really dragging Best Wishes into this just to win an argument?

So if Ash wins here he will officially be a pokemon master? Or is it one of those shitty titles that doesn't matter like battle frontier or the orange league.

>thinking that's the worst thing to drag in for ash being a league failure.
Almost all of ash's league runs end in embarrassment

Attached: 1471616091053.jpg (928x718, 107K)

He'll have to fight Masked Royal (which he'll probably lose) and if he wins that he'll be the best trainer in all of Alola officially and be considered its Champion.

>main character returns home to realize his mother whored herself out to support him all these years

Attached: mr-mime-1200x676.png (1200x676, 627K)

If Top 2 is an embarrassment then what does that make Top 16 which Gary has never gotten past (after getting BTFO by Ash)?

Ash is going to win and his Torracat is going to evolve into Incinechad against Masked Royal

It’s a Incineroar vs Incineroar last battle

Attached: 214F22FE-1DC2-4C0F-9560-062CC87EE9D0.jpg (514x597, 42K)

Dont make me pour gasoline all over you

>Champion
>Of some fucking backwater collection of islands

Can we get Ash to go back to Kanto please?

>then what does that make Top 16 which Gary has never gotten past (after getting BTFO by Ash)?
If I lost to Ash I would be scared to life desu, so I understand him.

He obviously wouldn't accept the title
>Sorry Professor Kukui but I think I have a lot more to experience in this beautiful wide world of Pokaymon blah blah blah

The guy after him was worse. Not only would he not be able to participate in the league because he didn't know that you need 8 badges and missed the time to register with Ash helping him both fucking times, no, he also had no idea that a full Pokemon battle means 6v6 and not 5v5.
The guy was a fucking retard who needed to hit himself in the head to be able to think and Ash, the guy with years of experience couldn't beat him in a 5v6.

Attached: c643d8c7c58bd77840f11c01553496faefb64b78_hq.gif (500x600, 960K)

Why would you be embarrassed about losing to someone who consistently places Top 8 in Nationals?

>tfw Ash was older than you when anime first aired
>more than 20 years later, he’s still 10 years old in anime

What the fuck TPC

Did this kid at least become champion instead?

Gary bowed out afterwards and chased a career. Gary never convinced someone on a whim to join the league than lost to him with a type advantage and an OC

Attached: garyoakcharacter.jpg (650x400, 36K)

>anime threads on /vp/ is just waifu posting
>Yea Forums actually discuss all about it

Can we have pokemon back to this board?

No, he lost the next round lmao.

He also never made Top 8 and lost to Ash.

Who's he up against? Gurajio? He's got some OC bullshit so I can't imagine Ass winning.

Nope. He got BTFO by a guy and his team full of Eeveelutions.

Anime does not convey age well at all. You're a tiny midget until ~10, then you become a young adult, and around ~20 you become middle aged.

No, he lost his next battle against a dude who only uses Eeveelutions and won the league in the end.

Attached: Virgil_Winning.png (1090x1280, 1.81M)

>Bond
>Over 100 fucking Tauros are running rampant at Oak's Lab
Sure

Yes.
I'm sure he'll beat Gladion and lose to the professor, though.

That he never bonded with yeah.

Discuss.

Attached: ash_s_design_comparison_by_alex13art_darpdss-fullview.jpg (1024x444, 62K)

Alright buddy I clearly can't convince you to stop chasing your championship dream. Keep going until your 30 washed up with no proper education or life skills. meanwhile Gary will be making bank.

Attached: 85fc4d1a32b57fb832929c02ea9911010dbda75e_hq.gif (500x431, 437K)

I really wanted to see more of Lisa but too bad she's an only movi character.

Attached: gyaru.jpg (1280x720, 112K)

Gonna try and watch 5 hours a day the next five days and try to catch up on the 70 episodes I'm behind on wish me luck

Alright buddy I accept your concession and weird love for a character who hasn't appeared in 10 years and is worse than Ash.

Whenever games/anime/manga/whatever talk about Young professor Oak they always describe him as an unbeatable pokemon master.

Can we have a game where we play as a young Oak? Thanks

>a dude who only uses Eeveelutions

God, what a total fucking faggot. I seriously hope you guys don't do this.

If Ash wins against Gladion and losses against the proffesor does it counts as a League win?

Attached: D379D2D7-1B13-4288-867D-C913188B7D01.png (687x553, 138K)

Don't feel too bad, user. Tobias was a stand-in for those faggots who only use legendaries, while Ash is those casual players who just use their favorites. No shit the legendary user would win.

Yes. It just means he's not the champ.

I haven't watched Pokémon since they beat Koga. How long would it take for me to catch up?

SM looks cuter

Attached: 1501672635006.jpg (800x764, 146K)

Even if they're this cute?

Attached: Virgil_Eeveelutions.png (1280x336, 575K)

There have been over 1000 episodes since then so over 300 hours.

>who hasn't appeared in 10 years
Funny enough I love Ash's dad more and I don't mean Mr. Mime

Attached: Indigo_Conference_winner.png (640x480, 311K)

Except it's literally just because his show got axed and that is fucking pathetic.

You were the very thing, the consumer in bulk, that stopped him from getting him success this entire time thanks to you constantly watching and accepting every loss. And now he's on his way out he has to win.

I'm glad i never bought a single Pokemon title this whole time now, this is just trash.

Attached: 1556525952749.jpg (500x375, 32K)

Attached: 1538808778060.jpg (1280x720, 132K)

Gary became a scientist and cured cancer, bro.

I like Eeveelutions but this is top tier faggotry