what were they thinking

Attached: kazuya.jpg (390x351, 19K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/la0bruP-u6Q
youtube.com/watch?v=82uRNGeE_tk
twitter.com/kuro__kuro__/status/1167642656198946816
youtu.be/nbo7cIJVW8A?t=6m18s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Should the "main character" of a fighting game be the best or just the standard Ryu clone?

Kazuya main here, why do you think he is hard exactly?

Attached: FE598B2A-0415-4770-88A2-E71DB6159A62.jpg (1024x682, 105K)

>pushing the 'kazuya is hard' meme.
The reality with Kazuya is that he is not hard nor easy. Its that he has the same problem all main characters in all fighting game suffers, which is that everyone knows his gameplan since everyone has labbed/used him at some point.

>Everyone tries Ryu, and everyone knows his okayish normals and fireball game.
>Everyone tries Terry Bogard so everyone knows his brawler/frame trap heavy game.
>Everyone tries Scorpion so everyone is aware of his teleports and whatever it is he does.

Yes. That is Kazuya and every fighting game MC's problem. Everyone knows how they fight.

Attached: karin geese talk.jpg (900x815, 589K)

Geese isn't 'Ryu', though.

>pushing the 'kazuya is hard' meme

did you even read my post? I dont think he's hard at all and i main him. He is the 2nd most played character after Paul.

Although i see your point, Kazuya still really isn't the "geese" of Tekken.

I.... just like posting Geese.

Attached: karin geese.jpg (960x960, 85K)

too scrub to execute a DORYA

doing a "dorya" doesn't mean you got gud at Kazuya though, that is, ironically, the biggest scrubs idea about him.

Geese is the hardest Tekken character, you imbeciles.

so what if people know him? literally his style is a 50-50 that you can't block a hellsweep on reaction, no matter how much you know him he's a guessing game

Kazuya isn't the hardest character. He's the most "Tekken" Tekken character. He doesn't do anything too weird. If you can't play Kazuya at least somewhat competently, you can't play Tekken. If you lose to Kazuya, it means the other player was simply better at Tekken. Compare that to someone whacky like Yoshimitsu who breaks all the rules.

>Kazyua is the Ryu of the game
What is this, 1995?

Marshall law here, bruce lee fanboy as well. What do yall think of autists who memorize kings moves

LMAO bitch i play with a guy who cant move ANY of his mains past green rank but he has a fujin geese, you are talking utter garbage.

I think you meant to post him

Attached: Yoshi_TK7.jpg (310x310, 17K)

>memes
>hard

This. t. Kazuya main.

When did Jin stop being the Ryu of Tekken?

There are no hard characters in Tekken, only low execution and high execution. Kazuya only becomes "hard" when you're trying to land optimal combos which are roughly 10 damage more on average.

Attached: Tekken_7_Screenshot_2019.png (1118x1440, 2.3M)

I think it's an okay tradeoff: a great character that has a high barrier of entry.

I like playing as the Mishimas, even if I can't do all the movement stuff that's necessary to really bring them to the next level (like I can't wave dash worth a shit nor can I pull off a Mist Step PEWGF with any regularity but I can do enough stuff to be competent and fairly dangerous).

I use Jin more as a main but he still has to deal with many of the same movement tactics so it's not a huge difference.

Attached: tt2-s31[1].jpg (1280x720, 294K)

Wouldn't Jin be Ryu?

>delusional mishima player

Attached: sudoku.jpg (1038x770, 148K)

Probably when his first game which was the third Tekken game saw him taken in by his wealthy criminal grandfather with the sole intent of learning Mishima Karate like his father before him with the purpose of enacting violent and bloddy revenge on Ogre? Tekken doesn't have "good guys."

the most tekken tekken character in t7 is shaheen. kazuya breaks a ton of the tekken standards

No, otherwise give reasons.

You can really tell when someone literally start playing Tekken with 3

Kazuya has stopped being the Ryu of Tekken a long time ago, now Jin usually gets assigned to that because he's goody goody therefore more marketable.

Being the Ryu of the game just means you're the MC cover boy. Jin was that for 4 games, but Kazuya fights him for it. They now take turns

>Doing 50/50 is hard

Attached: 1304030704412.jpg (352x344, 30K)

>kazuya breaks a ton of the tekken standards

? Such as?

>when he was the protagonist in the first tekken game.

Yep or probably even TTT. The jin thing right?

>Dumbass retards in these posts
Jin was the Ryu of the series for years. Kazuya didn't become the Ryu of the series until recently. He was the MC of Tekken 1 but then was the villain of 2, missing in 3, overshadowed by Jin in 4 and 5. Even T7 once again sets up Jin to be the Hero MC again

>because he's goody goody therefore more marketable

He's actually WORSE han his father and grandfather. They just say "yeah we are dicks, do something about it if your so great." But Jin does far worse things like GOING TO WAR WITH EVERYONE and sanctimoniously believes that he is doing it for "the right reasons."

Jin is worse.

NONE of them are the Ryu of Tekken you fucking tard. Jin spends literally TWO GAMES being a drifter. Thats it. He is nothing like Ryu, none of them are.

Being the Ryu of a game means you're the MC dumbass.

He has a sick hoodie so you're wrong

Attached: 445px-JinT4CG.JPG.jpg (180x242, 8K)

I remember that time when Ryu wanted to kill his father and fuck the whole world up, pure Capkino

what character is this

That's obviously Julia

based retards who dont play tekken

NO, being the Ryu of the game means you have the most simple and easy to pick up fighting style, otherwise we would actually call it MC.

TMM has created a legion of scrubs who unironically think this

no Kazuya that's your niece!

Oh, no argument? Did you start with Tekken tag 2 or something?

doing his meme shit is hard to do without looking like a retard flailing around.
granted when you are doing his setups right you still look like a retard, but yeah

How did she get so sexualized. Ya she'd short shorts when she was a native American vegan but with Tekken Tag 2, they really boobied her up in the tight lucha dure stuff and now she's an e-girl slag. Not complaining, just kind of dawned on me

>NO, being the Ryu of the game means you have the most simple and easy to pick up fighting style, otherwise we would actually call it MC.

Really?

Attached: Akira Yuki.png (555x920, 368K)

And Jin came to the game late you buffoon. Is Alex now the "ryu" of street fighter??

Ryu would be Jin in this case and he is not that hard to use. It just takes time to explore all the options he has.

Kazuya is braindead so is his gameplan, just because pros dont hit electric everytime doesn't mean it's the hardest character to use.

Now, Lee. That's a difficult characher

Except im yellow with Kazuya. Clarify or fuck off.

Jin is literally devil hitler in Tekken 6.

They tried to push Lars as the hero so hard, but failed

You're an idiot. Jin replaced Kazuya.

I was under the impression Lars was the Ryu of Tekken

So is Tekken 7 actually active online on PC?

You can wait a week so the new season starts

And yet he was so shit at it fans who actually played the series demanded him back within one game. Kazuya didn't return for the memes user, he returned because the fanbase told Namco to fuck off and put him back.

It's like the most active PC fighting game probably

>electric into electric into electric into electric
yeah so difficult amirite xd

You can find matches at any rank within one or two minutes of searching, people tend to use ethernet cables so most of the time the connection isn't even that bad

Wait is King wearing a mask?

Because no one cared for her before (they still kinda don't)

Attached: file.png (700x1370, 740K)

nigga what are you talking about? she had panty shots in her first game

Lee and Nina are the hardest

I think someone at Namco's design team REALLY wants to fuck aruuuu. Julia is suddenly a streamer with big eyebrows? Suspicious.

Attached: 0BC1DFF6-0E58-4169-BB83-6C5D67CFECAF.jpg (2048x1536, 421K)

Lars is the Alex of Tekken and Jin is the Gohan of Tekken.

Probably he first 3D panty shot i can think of in a video game too. Yeah, Julia was "innocent thot" bait from day one. She was just a kiddo in 3, but by T4 she was at college and her opening artwork intro shows her, braless, nipples pushing through her casual t-shirt fucking melons out.

Everyone still prefers Michelle

This whore gets a sponsor but JDCR gets dropped by yet another, wtf

Ok, thanks. I've wanted to try and get into it for a while so I'll give it a shot.

JDCR is mad rich

Oh ya, DESU I've kind of blanked Tekken 4 from my head since apart from 1, it's the one I've played the least

>nina
>hard
LMAO
youtu.be/la0bruP-u6Q

Attached: 7F1EEEC1-485E-4908-ACC5-78476B27AE99.jpg (1280x720, 204K)

...And?

It's been done.

Attached: akira-v4.jpg (900x1600, 385K)

Are you dumb? People dont want to fuck JDCR, figure it out. Being "gud" is not the only asset for promoters of fighting games.

Attached: 4DF0215A-634A-498C-9140-20F4133D1865.jpg (2048x1536, 433K)

For me, it's Miguel

Attached: Tekkentag2_miguel.png (496x1064, 462K)

Nina's 50/50 is even harder to counter than Kazuya's.

You shouldn't worry about his financial problems, except for his character crisis right now

Sexy as fuck but she has headmates so it's best to stay away stay safe.

Attached: Aruuu.gif (406x344, 351K)

Exactly so she isn't hard to play, watch the video.

Like what?

1.) I would like to fuck JDCR
2.) I know why she has a sponsor, I'm just salty that the man can't catch a break.

The sponsor helps him travel to the good ole US but I hope he continues to do so

Nina isn't hard, you don't have to do her optimal shit at all, especially online

Jeez i can already see her inner old lady showing through.

Headmates?

Attached: Same+folder+with+quotconfused+looking+anime+girls+_6de785ed9bada653c0c65aa951874fea (1).jpg (429x343, 34K)

I already watched it before and i'm not the guy you were replying to.

>but she has headmates
source? I dont give a flying fuck if she is trash at tekken or not, she's fucking grogeous, turns up, plays, smiles and is nice to everyone. She's hardly a negative impact for the FGC.

Attached: B96DE4E1-9FD1-4E3A-94C2-7301974902F6.jpg (1200x900, 160K)

>Aruu
>Yuyu
>Tanukana
Does tekken have the most attractive female players in the fgc?

>unironically watching mainman

imagine being this much of a tekken skullet

Who cares about later, this is now, be in he moment user. Also her tomboy sister would fucking get it too, imagine the facials on skin that good.

Attached: 1A975B5D-01CA-4298-AA23-C192E8AD22EB.jpg (960x1200, 160K)

How do I not get mad at Noctis and Shaheen online
Everyone has the same playstyle with them and it makes me MAD

Attached: 1535072209906.jpg (800x450, 107K)

Tekken has the most female players period, let alone attractive or decent at the game

By FAR.

Attached: 7DD53090-90D2-40DE-807A-B58D454FEEA0.jpg (640x632, 70K)

>Kazuya
The 200 IQ Mishima

>Heihachi
The normalfag Mishima

>Devil Jin
The brainlet Mishima

>Jin
The nigger Mishima

Attached: 1562914296937.jpg (300x168, 6K)

I just love how they completely gave up in trying to have morally good protagonist for T7 and only went with "yeah, Heiachi is a dick but he accidentally fucked a demon so that's why he's resentful towards his son and grandson".

I think Streetfighter has a lot of trannies.

>Headmates?

Someone clipped some of her doolally moments from Twitch not to long ago and posted them here, hopefully someone has the links to show those moments (yeah you heard that right there's more than one).

Would still impregnate, crazy always has that sexual spice that you don't get with normal people.

>kasumi
actual brain playstyle

>all other mishima
retarded 50/50 vortex XD

Jin is not even a Mishima.

>has hellsweep
>has god fist
it's a mishima, just like kuma is. Armor king would be too if it had a hellsweep.

Except for that part where he locks his dad up under the family dojo to take over the Zaibatsu and all

Hey man I've got no beef with her, she seems good fun.

>king
>any mishima
>yoshi
>jack
if you main any of these you're a chad

>spamming df1 all day errday
>wow me brain so big

>Kazumi
retarded poke fest

t. cant play neutral

go train your 5 electric combos like autists, a Pakistani monkey playing Lei can play neutral against Kazumi and you can't LOL

She's not that hot, you guys are just sex starved creeps who find any thing young and female to be hot

why is tekken so hard to get into bros? I always loved the series for the characters, stupid story and somewhat intuitive combat but actually learning the game and understanding its mechanics requires monumental effort since there's no comprehensive in game tutorial

She really is very pretty and every video i have seen she is always amiling and laughing with the people she competes with. FGC could use more of her.

Attached: 81F74B91-76D9-4D21-844D-931F4FDB5FB2.jpg (1200x900, 169K)

Noone remembers Jinpachi, user, Tekken final bosses tend to be forgotten easily. I guess this is why T7 has a simple final showdown with Kazuya and Akuma.

I'm shocked that Yea Forums doesn't bitch about Akira more.

Attached: 59b66eda51cce.jpeg.jpg (860x860, 134K)

gay

Attached: F31E6147-EF38-4759-8AB7-331D5C501031.jpg (640x640, 65K)

Jin has a hook fist which knocks them down (not a launcher) Jin's sweep is not fast enough to be a hell sweep.
He uses Traditional Karate (Kyokushin?) with Kazama style techs not Mishima style.

no one on Yea Forums plays VF user

more like no one anywhere plays it

Virtua Fighter is truly forgotten.
If only someone at SEGA cared.

Attached: 1533852521384.jpg (1200x941, 90K)

The Ken of the game is pretty easy to use though, that should be close enough

Attached: paul-phoenix-tekken7-vanilla-render-clean.jpg (3000x4100, 390K)

That intro makes no sense. Jin is the villain and kingpin of T6, but that intro frames Jin as the underdog hero and Kazuya as the villain.

He is literally THE most played character in Tekken.

What type of ethnic Turk is she?

>hardest

>no hairy armpits
dropped

jin's sweep is more of a traditional hellsweep than heihachi's though

Wrong, only those that have played all tekken's can gauge the final bosses and to me it's:
T2 Kazuya > T3 Ogre > T5 Jinpachi > T7 final bosses > Tag Unknown > T1/4 Heihachi > T6 Azazel

We're talking about regular Jin.

>Nina is spammable
>yeah you can reliably evade this move if it's being spammed but if I use it sparingly you don't be able to defend

Attached: avgn.jpg (512x512, 45K)

Blatta lateralis

>Ctrl + F
>No results for "Negan"
NOT COOL

As someone who started the series with Tekken 1, I'm not happy with how Kazuya ended up being the jobber of the series.

I miss Jun

yeah I really don't see him as hard either. In fact if your opponent lets you play your game he's super easy since one knockdown can win you the round

lmao yeah Geese carries people so hard. MU unfamiliarity and Geese just being strong as hell will get you far

>JDCR
>Consistently gets top 8 in every tournament he attends
>Aruuuu
>A generic ling player that can barely make it out of pools and is only "good" by online standards
>Aruuu still is sponsores by UYU while JDCR gets dropped by multiple sponsors
You really cant make this shit up

Attached: 1564293144024.jpg (566x562, 40K)

god damn those child bearing hips. I want to cum inside her so badly. Too bad I can't do her combos for shit so I can't really play her

His entire arc is his inadequicy though user. He's always been a runt of the litter who pulled himself out of it and stands on equal footing nonetheless. Quite literally a vegeta. And when it came to it in the end he killed his father. Not with Devil, true devil Kazuya got rekt, in the final moments it was him and his need to stand above his fathers expectations. His killing blow literally saw him flash back to every shortcoming his father made him feel.

Attached: 9940D155-D8B6-414A-AA03-B910F967D754.gif (260x146, 800K)

you think that's bad, you should pay attention to dota 2 teams, they literally drop players that win the international and it's happened multiple times.

PEOPLE. WANT. TO. FUCK. ARUUU. WHAT ARE YOU NOT GETTING? SHE GETS EYES. SHE SELLS THE T-SHIRT.

Sponsorship is about recognition, not fucking winning, which means you can win TWT and people can still drop your sponsorship, it already happened with Rangchu

Proof that being a woman is easy

Why is this fucker so unbeatable in canon? Even as the main villain he doesn't actually lose. Fuck Jin. Just once I want Kazuya to beat his ass.

Attached: jin-kazama-tekken-mobile-2017-render.jpg (750x1000, 105K)

Even before he threw him into the lava Heihachi died when Kazuya punched his soul out of his stomach. He'll be back in Tekken 8 but will be part of a past memory like Kazumi.

You forgot Bob

Attached: Bob_Richards.jpg.png (331x300, 133K)

Because he's the strongest characters in the verse, only Golden Azazel was able to put his base state into a coma, but just his base! which means Kazuya will get a massive powerboost outta of nowhere to fight him since he got stomped the last time they fought.

Tick Tock Kazuyafags, he'll be joining dear old dad soon

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 66K)

That's quite sad that we cant advance the competitiveness of the game because sponsors just want to think with their dick and not with their mind. I get UYU is pretty much "the team with cute girls" at this point but it still fucking blows.
Except for the fact that Rangchu has gotten so popular from TWT that even my normie friends know about him. I can easily walk around any tournament,ask everyone if they know either Rangchu or Aruuuu more and I gurantee they're all gonna say Rangchu more than Aruuuu.

So I skipped Tekken Tag 2 and never unlocked Jun on Revolution. How is she different from Asuka? Asuka has her old moveset and then some, so what did they give Jun to make her unique?

He's got Hachijo, Mishima and Kazama blood in him. I don't have any sympathy for him anymore, though, especially since they're still trying to push him as the main hero when he doesn't seem to have any remorse over his actions. Here's hoping T8 acknowledges that Azazel isn't really dead and Jin killed who knows how many innocent people for absolutely nothing.

He knows Kazama style martial arts, Traditional Karate and Mishima Karate.
Also his Kazama blood might be affecting his devil gene in a way that makes him stronger.

Nah, pic and Akira aren't good for cazies

Attached: kyo.jpg (405x363, 25K)

Perfect mix between Kazuya's genes ans Jun's. The boy is a born athlete. Jin looks so much like his father its unreal. Look at this image: is that a young kazuya mod? Or a Jin with Kazuya's hair. Not easy to tell is it?

Attached: 547506AC-BAB3-4FFA-B55D-A4BA8855135F.jpg (315x420, 18K)

As a Kazuya main I expect nothing less, there's no redemption for him.

>knocks you down
>50/50s you
>50/50s you
>50/50s you to a wall combo and kills you
um actually kazuya is a difficult to play defensive oriented character :)

Attached: kayuza.jpg (195x175, 34K)

Yeah basically. Get julia out of here

Jun is much easier has better counters and has a more graceful fighting style

>Jin usually gets assigned to that because he's goody goody
He started World War 3 on a hunch. It turned out to be the right call but we only know that in hindsight and a lot of people in-universe want him dead because of it.

>because sponsors just want to think with their dick and not with their mind

No, WE think with our dicks, THEY bank on it.

>lucha dure

Thats quite sad user. But at the very least you're honest.

Man he looks so much better now. New VF when?

Kazuya has suffered inside, his life started fine with him training with parents and loving them, only to realize that only his grandpa which was locked to die was the one inside that truly trusted him, Kazumi visions led her to get rid of him and his father send him down a ravine because his blood was cursed.
When he finally won over his father said blood made him do things worse than his father and the help of Jun only weakened him which Heihachi took advantage of, Jun saw good in Kazuya that is possible to save him but the end she ended up with was a tragic one.
Then Kazuya returned but him merging with his cursed side made him complete evil and just wants his half back from Jin, he has shown no compassion for anyone sans his grandpa and just wants to use G Corp. as a mean to rule the world, in the campaign Yoshimitsu saw through his plan and implied there is no redemption for him.
Yes, Kazuya was meant to have stayed dead in 2 to showcase how his life went up and down but was then brought back to lose to Jin and then fight Akuma and kill his father, he''s destined to clash with Jin.

Except Terry was the Ryu of Fatal Fury first and even Kyo has had a few versions that have foregone his dope rekka style for boring Shoto nonsense.

Imagine thinking this, unironically.

Jin war was useless since he did not got rid of his gene and did not killed Azazel.

Only if they returned Jaycee.

>you're

Its everyone. Her asset is her body. They can consistently bank on her appeal. So its not dumb.

I'm more shocked some here thinks nu/v/ plays Virtua Fighter.

old school kyo was basic as fuck before he had baked in rekka moves

It would've been better if Kazuya was the main villain of Tekken 3 and killed by Jin in the climax

>still can't do WGF or hell sweeps consistently
Why even live?

>delusional Jin faggots think Kazuya will die in T8

Kazuya is by far the most popular in Japan and he was always the most popular. He got put back into T4 just because of fan demand, he literally had to be resurrected in the story. Harada confirmed that he is and will always remain the main protagonist. Kazuya will kill Jin in T8.

Attached: 1e9jx3tydq831.jpg (559x580, 19K)

How did Harada make Negan actually fun to use?

There are dozens of us, brother.

Bob is a Mishima

T1-Tag 1 Kaz > T4-7 Kaz

Attached: kazuya-mishima-tekken-tag-tournament-97.8.jpg (210x240, 11K)

whos this demen semon

>Kazuya's the hardest character
>*Laughs in Lee Main*

Attached: 4937512.jpg (512x288, 28K)

I don't know about all that, but the PSP version of Tekken 5 had the best intro
youtube.com/watch?v=82uRNGeE_tk

>Kazuya will kill Jin in T8.
Hope you're ready for yet another Kaz loss user

Attached: 4684769-9091895390-640.png (640x360, 206K)

That's not the home version of T2 or the arcade version of T4

The ONLY hard thing about Lee are his b 2 loops and you don't even have to do more than 2 for max carry. Other than that the character just destroys people who don't know the match-up well. Best magic 4 in the game, best ws i10 punish in the game, one of the best df1 in the game, some of the best ch tools in the game. Not to mention a slide that you can just throw out and only be float punished for it. Lee is only bad compared to like the top 5 characters in the game.

It used to be you could sidestep his "mixup" if he randomly tried to pull it without a knockdown, but now that electrics track you just get fucking launched if you try that.

>Play King
>See Kazuya set up a be 50/50
>Default to blocking the hellsweep
>Train to parry f,f+3 on reaction
>50+ damage guaranteed on braindead Kazuyas

Electrics don't track, they just made the hitbox bigger like it was in tag 2. Season 1 Mishimas were a fucking joke and not viable at all, especially Kazuya because he relies so much on electric.

I know, I just like memeing. I still don't think Kazuya's harder than him at all.

>guys mishimas really aren't that hard to play
>uhh n-no I can't play them well actually b-but I totally could if I wanted to, trust me!

Attached: comawn.png (475x477, 293K)

Kazuya can't be played like most other characters because he doesn't have fast mid pokes. He's balanced around the fact that he has very few strong moves but with good frames. Most if not all Kazuya players use 5-10 moves at most. It's the easiest match-up to learn, it's up to the Kazuya how he makes use of those few moves. Some go crazy with the 50/50 vortex, others prefer to be more passive and focus on whiff punishing. He's also the weakest character to side-step left so your movement needs to be good to catch side steppers.

I play a bunch of characters and I can say that I have to concentrate with Kazuya the most. You really have to make whiffs count and know when to go in for a 50/50. It's stressful but when you get a few good reads in a row it's very rewarding.

JDCR is basically only marketable in terms of how well he places, sponsors want things like being able to hawk products or how much attention they can grab outside of actually just playing the game.

JDCR is a quiet dude he just shows up and does his thing, not very sponsor friendly.

You want a loudmouth attention whore.

Paul technically won Tekken 3 by knocking out Ogre, doesn't that imply he'd have beaten Jin at some point?

You know what? I keep forgetting that Tekken's character difficulty is determined so differently than it is in other fighters and that having a predictable pool of moves and approaches that's easy to learn and practice against matters a lot more than it does in other fighters.
I concede, my bad.

he loses in Tekken 4, Heihachi wins at the actual tournament and chains his ass up in his castle

>training to react to an i20 move with an i3 startup parry, essentially reacting in 17 frames
That uhh sounds implausable

Kazuya is hard in terms of execution. His gameplan is easy peasy space and punish then endless wavedash oki mixups

I don't think Paul would have beaten True Ogre and Jin.

I want to learn Jin (main Bry/Drag for the most part), where to start?

What happened in 4 is that Jin had problems with his gene and got assaulted by Zaibatsu fodders which knocked him, for Heihachi he lost to Kazuya and then to Jin, Kazuya also lost to Jin.

Kazuya is the easiest Mishima in terms of execution because of Mist Step, don't need to be anywhere near as precise

That's fair enough I suppose. Makes sense to go for some cute "happy go lucky" girl that every dude gets a boned for

Jin has a lot of good moves so just pick some go to moves and learn when they're good. He's not nearly as execution heavy as Bryan but if you wanna get good with him you need to do electrics as his whiff punisher and f4-ZEN cancels to make the most out of that great move.

>hardest
Are you on drugs? If anything Jin is the Ryu of Tekken.

Jin gets ambushed and tranq'd by hundreds of troops in T4 right before his match with Kazuya, which removed him from the tournament. He was never defeated.

It should, but they never fought. Tekken tournaments are weird

This, I remember Ryu being introduced in SF 3 too

Is Devil Jin still top tier? Is he still the jack of all trades Mishima?

Attached: 1565395673958.jpg (419x610, 71K)

excuse me sir you seem to forget that his main launcher is a little hard to apply in certain situations that don't even matter :))

>Is he still the jack of all trades Mishima
He'll always be that. D. Jin might be equal or lesser to Kazumi.
Kazumi is a poke/frametrap beast

>Is Devil Jin still top tier?
He's no worse than he was in S1, but the meta of the game has moved forward so he's no longer top 5.
>Is he still the jack of all trades Mishima?
No, that's Jin

King's parry startup is 2 frames IIRC, but even if there's only 17 frames to react, that's .283 seconds to react. Average reaction time is 250 with visual stimuli making it pretty easy.

But you also forgot to put the 4 frames of input lag into effect. Giving a time frame to react of 13 frames meaning it's a window of .216666... Seconds. This is pretty dang fast, but not outlandish.

Kazuya has a specific sound he makes when he f,f+3s. I use this to react since reaction time for aural stimuli is about .150 seconds, making this really easy to do.

Just looked it up. King's parries are active at frame 2.

This means that reaction via visual stimuli has a window of 2.3333... which is only .017 faster than average reaction time

>Average reaction time is 250 with visual stimuli
You know how they do those tests? They put you in a room with your finger on the button, and you gotta press it when the light turns green. There's additional time involved when you add in
>animation ambiguity (there's no way you can recognise ff3 on frame 1)
>activating the correct response
>all while paying attention to 100 other different things

If it was just down to 250ms all the time you would be able to block most low pokes on reaction, which nobody can

I love that fat fuck.

Lmao at green ranks thinking they can react to unreactable moves.

That's why I brought up the additional bit of context being the obvious mixup starting. This isn't just reacting in the neutral, this is a mixup setup scenario which does remove the ambiguity aspect.

twitter.com/kuro__kuro__/status/1167642656198946816

If you can't duck punish can opener, you literally are retard

They should have put him in Smash instead of an snk character. They've had enough crossovers already

Well that's even fucking worse, then.

I'm just going to keep playing Paul, a man's main. Two moves of doom, baby!

I call it the Mishima attitude and I can't fucking stand it

>kazuya
>hard
lmao @ ur life

Attached: lee-violet-tekken7-renders.png (587x755, 363K)

While Aris created an army of people obsessed about competitive, i bet most users here came from him.

>F+4
>HS
>Electric
all you need bruv

Based Lee Chad

I think he would.

Suck my dick fags. My only miss was literally one (1) frame late.

Attached: Slowfags_BTFO.webm (854x480, 2.86M)

King's parry is only good for strings you fucking scrub. What you're doing is throwing out a hail marry parry and hoping you catch something. Instead of risking your life just side-step ff3 to the left if you feel it coming and hopkick, you'll get way more damage out of it.

It's always funny seeing scrubs thinking they got the game figured out. Nobody is dumb enough to parry Kazuya's 50/50s with any character who got a parry. It's suicide.

What does this even mean? It's a fighting game dude, there was always going to be a hardcore user base playing ranked

It's only a hail Mary if you're slow maybe. I'm 100% reacting to every one of those. Why sidestep with King and risk getting electric'd because of his large hitbox. Not to mention that You're not giving up that much damage and if you get the throw mixup, you're actually getting more damage out of this. The parry+GT is 72 damage and the hopknee is 70 at most IIRC. Blocking the hellsweep gets you 73 damage from the decently hard bnb

feng wei is fun

When is Gon going to be a playable character again

Now add db2, f3+4, iws2 to the mix

literally never

why

>twitter.com/kuro__kuro__/status/1167642656198946816
this. why would you not use the safer and 5x more rewarding option

Funny part about adding those is that all of those moves are also parryable by King. The only one that I think is actually to fast to react visually is the Ws+2, but it has a sound so I'd have to test it.

Just stop posting man, what you're saying is stupid. Parries, outside of Geese's and Jin's, are gimmicks. Beginners for whatever reason think that parries are good but they're not, they leave you wide open.

You CANNOT react to Kazuya's 50/50 options, all you can do is have good movement and make it harder for the Kazuya player to get you in a 50/50. Kazuya has options for any type of defense to his 50/50.

The game isn't as easy as you think it is.

Then what was the WEBm I made? Witchcraft? Luck? Lies? Get your condescending ass out of here if you're going to be such a bitch about it. I literally proved that it's reactable. King's parries aren't gimmicks either. They're unchickenable and give great followups. Hell, the punch parry floorbreaks to become a combo starter

It is completely useless. Your whole strategy depends on a Kazuya wavedashing in your face and only doing two possible options.

You didn't even post a real match. It's clear that you are a beginner because 'I just duck against Kazuya and react to his mids' is the dumbest fucking thing I've ever heard from anyone who plays this game.

And these are the only options used 90% of the time. The only thing that a Kazuya can do outside of those two that isn't totally reactable is iWS+2 and if a Kazuya can do that, then you're probably not dealing with a brain dead Kazuya, which is what I was initially referring to if you actually read my posts.

Anybody in here take the German-pill?

Attached: T6_Leo.jpg (1280x1024, 257K)

Hmm. Sounds like you didn't even read my posts. What part of "brain dead Kazuya" didn't you understand?

does he even know about Asuka? You would think her angel powers in T5 would be of interest

Whatever. Good luck with your strategy, but it won't work.

You can't fucking react to ff3. The move is balanced by the fact that it's steppable, like most things Kazuya does. If you think you can react than you are a scrub who doesn't understand the game. You can't fuzzy it either, nothing. Kazuya is the most studied and well understood match-up in the game, his 50/50 is the strongest tool he has. No parry will get you out of that, the only thing that will is good movement and a correct prediction.

It does work. I've literally been using it when the mixup is obvious. Thanks for the luck tho

So I lied and got lucky in my WEBm? Lol

Your webm proves nothing, it's a canned sequence in traning mode. Kazuya's 50/50 options aren't strings, they're individual moves. Good luck guessing the timing of evey single Kazuya player with your parry.

Do me a favor, record every Kazuya match you have online and post them on /tekgen/. I'm not even sure if you played a single match against a human opponent.

>I'm not even sure if you played a single match against a human opponent.
There's little chances, no would be retarded enough to claim ff3 and hellsweep are reactable unless they never faced a Kazuya.

All Mishima characters are a bit non-standard, though not weird and gimmicky like Yoshimitsu or Lei or Eddy is or whatever. Kazumi, Shaheen, Lee or Leo for example are all more generic than Kazuya, who lacks basic tools like df1 or hopkick or a normal hit launching df2 etc., and has unique movement in the form of wavedash

I prefer player match, though. Online is so much more stressful than offline lol

Attached: IMG_20190902_134903.jpg (4096x3072, 3.42M)

I also do okay at my locals. Last one I went to I was 4th out of about 20 people. Next time I do a match with a Kazuya I'll record it and post it on /tekgen/.

>who lacks basic tools like df1

and by that I mean a fast midpoke that's only mildly negative (or in Feng's case 0) on block, I'm not talking about the input literally

Play Akumer, pleb

That's enough matches to know that Kazuya's 50/50 options are not reactable. You cannot be honestly ducking all the time against Kazuya, please tell me you don't do that.

shes not even that good though....the things i would do..

Attached: id lick her eyebrows.jpg (1280x720, 167K)

I prefer both at the same time catfighting
but 9/10 it will end with Julia humiliated, I'll give you that

>has good versions of nearly every tool in the game
>good wall pressure even after nerfs
>easy execution
is there anything based Leo can't do?

Paul is the ryu of the game and now it's akuma idiot.

Like I said in multiple previous posts. I only do the ducking strat when it's obvious it's coming. You know what I'm talking about. I usually step and poke with Df+1 or f+2. Those seem to do me fine

>king
>sidestep
kek

Jin is harder to react to tbrqh

UYU picks up literally anything who cares. JDCR's contract with Echo Fox however short it was will likely be more than anything this girl could get from UYU for the rest of her time playing games.

That's the slowest fucking wavedash I've ever seen, do it faster and add iWS2, ff4. This is the speed you should be wavedashing at

youtu.be/nbo7cIJVW8A?t=6m18s

beginner here, whats wrong with mainmain?

He is the definitive Kazuya elitist who thinks that he is the hardest and most honest character in the game. He also gets super salty easily and likes to shit on other characters. His youtube tutorials are fine.

Be a girl