Nintendo is finished

Nintendo is finished

Attached: 1566659613615.png (892x671, 515K)

Other urls found in this thread:

arch.b4k.co/v/search/image/5ZJzPpC4IU6PEgmLlgVBxg/
youtu.be/89F5fpvwPr0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Articles are dumb.

Why. Phones could and almost did, but 3ds still was popular and so is switch.

Oh yeah? I guess that means they fixed the input lag problem.

It does seem pretty pointless to pack all those specs into a handheld when you can just use the handheld to stream content from a far more powerful stationary. I played through Bloodborne on PS Now and it ran completely fine, meaning the technology is already there yet nobody's really doing anything with it.

This kills the vidya BTW. Graphics only attract shallow, vapid posers who don't actually enjoy gameplay and just want to watch a 9 hour vaguley interactive movie. Content is a joke.

Maybe once Internet Infrastructure is about 5~10x better than what we have now. Until then? Not a chance in hell

Why not put the streaming services on the Switch itself?

I wonder who could be behind this post?

I'm gonna make an article named "eating raw potatoes covered in dirt are now funnier than playing videogames, and that's a good thing"
god I'm going to destroy the entire videogame industry...

Attached: 1546712780502.jpg (300x300, 19K)

>disrupt

Tired of this word

>Nintendo's handheld dominance
I am genuinely confused by this.

Attached: question_mark_negro.png (300x256, 102K)

Stadia bros where you at
if xdrones and toddlers can't even beat me alone let's obliterate them this coming generation together

For the players

Attached: 1465916640477.jpg (1205x1596, 250K)

>games as a service is becoming acceptable
backlog time

in the dozen cities where game streaming is even remotely possible

Like i give a fuck about some trannies opinion.

>I guess that means they fixed the input lag problem.
Nah, that's something that'll never be fixed.

What other hand helds are really on the market user?

Nintendo really must bring in the clicks.

mobile phones

>3ds still was popular
popular yes,
but it was still a massive drop from DS sales
mobile absolutely disrupted the sales of handhelds

I honestly didn't think there could come anything that's worse than Nintendo, but then Google game along

How? Streaming does not function on the go, Switch is literally the least affected

Phones don't have the library or controls to directly compete with Switch.
Maybe that new Apple Arcade thing will change it, but I doubt that.

Attached: apple-arcade.jpg (800x450, 90K)

switch already has streaming tho

Attached: original.jpg (1200x578, 242K)

>google surpasses apple for pointlessly pretentious products

Nintendo could have publicly orchestrated the 9/11 attacks and wouldn't lose steam

Attached: 1551160576040.jpg (228x260, 27K)

Are you actually retarded?
When talking about videogames a handheld means a DEDICATED video game handheld console.
Phones are not dedicated vidya devices you dingus.

while in reality, Xbox and Playstation would be far more relevant as competitors, who want to play gimped console ports when you can stream the game in 60 fps and 4k (if Stadia worked that is), making the consoles completely useless while nintendos systems still live in thanks to their exclusives.

>new archive has been up for a week
>this pic has been posted 6 times since then
arch.b4k.co/v/search/image/5ZJzPpC4IU6PEgmLlgVBxg/
actually literally unironically SEETHING and OBSESSED

The difference in all of this is that you don't need an internet connection to play games on the Switch. Stadia requires a pretty decent connection at all times, just to stream games on a really expensive service (don't even get to own them)

Attached: 1544638587527.png (406x419, 311K)

DELETE THIS

Attached: 1486565692763s.jpg (250x234, 9K)

>nintendo is finished

unless stadia can offer the option to download your games directly to your HD, nope.

stadia will be a competition to psnow, that will both get destroyed by xcloud fall 2020

youtu.be/89F5fpvwPr0

It could be fixed, but not via the stadia format. You’d need to develop games from scratch to support streaming, have a lightweight application on the end-user’s machine that processed inputs and controlled the character (and certain cheap checks like collision detection) and use the streaming algorithm to pull “background” visual data and layer them together.

In theory this would work, but in practice it would defeat the purpose of the tech because it wouldn’t be plug-and-play with games that already exist.

Just like mobile did right?

How are you confused that since the first gameboy was released nintendo has dominated the handheld market unlike no other.

You really should leave this board cause your knowledge is really lacking. Try the tranny threads on Yea Forums. That should be more on your level

>input lantency ≥ PING
Game streaming is a fucking meme.

Do you mean to say the game would run multiple instances of itself in which many input possibility are created and where they are all discarded post hoc except for the correct one? You'd not only need to do that, but stream all the feed at once and let the device on the user end do the picking.

Is 40mbps and a very low ping (lower is better) enough for stadia?

Any input lag over 75-100ms is easily noticeable, and network routing alone will give you most of that even if the mother-machine is plugged across the street.
Add to that the hardware input-lag, the game input-lag, and the actual PING most people will be faced with, there's no way in hell that Stadia or any other such service will ever be viable.

The inherent problems will be solved when we figure out FTL, that's how much of a problem this shit is. The next best 'solution' would be to have a Stadia-hub in every major city across the world, but that would drive up the price of the service way up. You're not looking at your average servers which handle game-data and only has to deal with cross-machine calculation, storage, and other small network-player duties. Each and every hub has to RUN the games from start to finish, plus everything else a normal game-server has to handle. You think concurrency-farms were fucking awful, and shat up the GPU market to hell and back? You've seen nothing!

Also, with a STABLE 40mbps you could get a good feed for video in 720p, assuming nothing else is using the network.

Attached: 1504745254044.jpg (500x375, 33K)

What you on, I stream sports in 4k with 30mbps...

Mm, you're right. I checked for data rates but the source I found shat the bed apparently and gave me the per-minute usage in mbps.
40mbps should allow for 4k easily.

Yeah, however I don't know how my internet would handle stadia gaming streaming. I imagine streamed games are harder than streaming TV and sports

Also, not that I would pay for Jew stadia anyway.
You just know its gonna fail

The videostream itself isn't much different if at all, but there should be some data usage for input and other network checks. Those wont amount to much, about the same sort of traffic you'd see playing any other online game.

>TheGamer
Horrible.

it's bound to happen. Nintendo has already been bullied out of the console space, handheld is all they have left. they're of the old guard and are next in line to be dethroned. the wont react well to streaming services and Stadia taking their market space and dominance, they'll refuse to adapt and hunker down into a bunker of "but fun is all that matters!" monikers as their fallout shelter. i say nintendo has a good 5 years left in them if that, they don't even have an answer for the next generation of consoles that are due late next year.

Attached: 1549973835492.png (785x847, 287K)

>and Stadia taking their market space and dominance
You could be generally right, but that bit's retarded. Again, Stadia isn't something like the VR push of the 80ies and early 90ies, which failed because of technological/hardware/economical limitations. Stadia is just not feasible as a marketable product, period. The only people who can buy into it are idiots, but even idiots can be disillusioned, which will happen almost instantly when they try the fucking thing in a real-world environment.

Stadia isn't Kinect-tier retarded. It's so much worse than that.

Attached: stadia.gif (460x253, 1.36M)

Lol a switch doesn’t even have a mic or ability to attach a mic while all phones and tablets inherently do. The phone/tablet has more features and room for accessories then a switch.

Most of the US and other countries have data caps. So this isn't gonna be a good fix for anything. Streaming isn't worth the time.

>Even Nintendo called game streaming outside Japan a waste of time.

I cannot fucking wait for it to release and die.

No but customers will eat shit and like it.

There's a whole generation that know literally nothing but how to game on smartphones.

It's over Nintendo.

Switch has sold incredibly well to children though. I see plenty of the little shits with one in public.

Hahaha, what kind of a moron wrote this. Here are the facts
Current phones already have procesing power to challange the handheld market, the only reason why they don't is that due to controlls restrictions games are shit. Not to mention that free to play model created its own market that will not switch to the standard gaming monetization. Stadia and streaming literally does nothing to address that and it is assuming that somehow internet infrstructure will get so great that you could get stable, fast, unlimited connection on mobile.

Stadia in general has slight issue with for whom it even is, but if anything it will challange home console market, not mobile and handheld. Maybe 15 years from now

Attached: 1562910098324.gif (400x400, 1.89M)

Until we get project Starlink up and running at full capacity.

Weird. I’ve only ever seen one out in the wild and I work at a cafe where people bring laptops and other things inappropriate for a public setting to be antisocial with their coffee.
It was a group of teen girls and three were talking and laughing while the fourth just had her head down playing Switch.

Sure one day quite some time into the future streaming to a mobile device could in theory compete with Nintendo in handheld gaming.

For most people that's not going to be a competitive option vs. Nintendo's handheld options anytime soon.

Unless these new streaming services have Mario and Zelda games on them I don't see that happening.

Well control restrictions and heat. A $2000 phone may be thrice as powerful as the switch but if it got a native port of BOTW, running it for more then 30 minutes will cause it to explode from heat.

Nintendo will be the games's equivalence to vinyl

They always say that X is going to destroy Nintendo console with facts and logic but they always forget the software that's on the device is what people are aiming to play.
You either have mobilefags on their phone or Nintendofags who look for titles like Pokemon etc. on their handheld.
Why would I ever give a fuck about Ouya, Stadia and the fucking thing with the crank if I can't play new Nintendo titles and other new Japanese games on it? If there's no killerapp that makes me want it = then I won't buy it.