Kharak....home

Kharak....home.
You can get Homeworld Remastered collection and Deserts of Kharak for 5 yuros on Steam.

Attached: homeworld-deserts-of-kharak-detailed-review.jpg (620x349, 28K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uxZgXx0Jbsc
youtube.com/watch?v=3PIU1E_3G2c
youtube.com/watch?v=dTKakINXjl8
youtube.com/watch?v=nDcELUCroDs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>published by Gearbox
Yea nah, Randy can go fuck himself.

>not buying great games because of a single person

Attached: brainlet pit.jpg (645x729, 57K)

why buy when you can /yar/

t. Randy

I bought it because 5 euros isn't much and it was more convenient than searching for a torrent.
Been having a blast with Deserts of Kharak during the last few days. It has a nice classic rts vibes to it.

Rts fans are best bros, thanks for the tip, crazy not to get this for the price.

No problem.
Deserts of Kharak also has kino soundtrack.
youtube.com/watch?v=uxZgXx0Jbsc

youtube.com/watch?v=3PIU1E_3G2c

Attached: gaalsien commander.png (319x267, 229K)

Its time to reinstall it

youtube.com/watch?v=dTKakINXjl8
You're at the bar and a turanic raider slaps your mothership's ass, what do you do?

Attached: turanic.jpg (286x176, 5K)

Take everything he owns with salvage corvettes.

Gaalsien are an absolute blast to play. Sandskimmer swarms backed by Honorguard Cruisers and Assault Railguns, all day, every day.

>yfw the beast awakes.
youtube.com/watch?v=nDcELUCroDs

Attached: horrified meatball on a fork.jpg (225x252, 7K)

I loved the single player campaign of Deserts of Kharak, but never touched it again after that.

Kinda wish it was long ;_;

*longer

Is it me or is Desert just very.. empty? Content-speaking. There's what, 6-7 units per faction and hardly much difference between them barring the small scout.

The game needs more. The maps all look identical, the units are very dull from a design perspective and many perform the same function as another. It has great audio though.

It has a sort of classic command and conquer take on faction diversity, with the Coalition being comparable to the GDI, with tough but slow units that are good in straight up fight and defense, and the Gaalsien being comparable to Nod with fast glass cannons that prefer hit and run tactics. The Sobani and Khaaneph tweak the aforementioned two factions in their own ways, with Sobani being railgun and long range focused, and the Khaneeph focusing on explosives and even more aggressive hit and run tactics than the Gaalsien.

And given that the setting takes place in a desert planet, most environments being well, desert, is kinda expected. There is some variety to the environment via how rocky the map is or if it is dominated by dunes etc. I like the way the map topography has major influence to the game via line of sight and the fact that high ground confers and advantage.

You didn't even try the other factions in skirmish mode?

That was a good game, but the multyplayer was dead I reckon

/thread

A pity. RTS games no longer have the audience they used to.

IT had some small scene focused around one discord, they are still active I reckon, I get announcements from there once in a while.

>tfw you'll never be able to play this game because not even pirated versions exist of it

Attached: Eccentrix-706938-COMMISSION_-_Ashs_Dark_Adventure_05.jpg (1280x720, 259K)

but it's on gog user, under different name.

What even happened with that game. How the fuck do you lose the source code?

installed