ITT: games that could never be faithfully adapted into another medium

Attached: spec_ops_art.jpg (1280x720, 168K)

It would actually be better as a movie

The Max Payne series and Metal Gear

What are you talking about? You hardly choose any bad thing you do in this game. It's linear as fuck. It would work perfectly fine as a movie, and "shutting down the game is the right thing to do" is not a literal part of the product and even if it was, stopping a movie and walking away is too.
How is Metal Gear exclusive to video games? The whole reason the franchise exists is that Kojima couldn't make it in the Japanese movie industry so he decided to sell his drivel to the videogame audience instead because videogames had lower standards of storytelling. That's why Metal Gear gameplay is so barebones pac-am shit and one-off pointless gimmicks. The gameplay is just an excuse for Kojima to be able to tell his stupid stories. It literally doesn't matter what the player is able to do.

Would not watch the movie either, winning once again like I did years ago by not playing this piece of garbage

>book
Heart of Darkness
>movie
Apocalypse Now
Spec Ops IS the adaptation user, not the material to be adapted

Yes I was gunna say this game is technically was adapted from other material. Stupid.

What is it about metal gear that sets autistic faggots like this off the chain?

Probably the prospect of getting insult-filled responses devoid of any arguments proving that they're right about everything they say. That's a good incentive.

> movie tells the viewer that if they keep watching it they're a piece of shit

(angry yawn)

Attached: SpecOpsTheLine.jpg (800x540, 310K)

Honestly doesn't even have all the impact on anything but a ds system

Attached: 71Ym8iz1UGL._SX425_.jpg (425x382, 33K)

I think alot of what you said was true, but it's still one of the most entertaining stories in literally all of vidya. Maybe you should stop taking everything so seriously and learn to enjoy things for what they are rather than what you want them to be.

Nier

It's literally impossible to make it into a movie, dipshit.

Yes, it truly is impossible to show a mans descent into madness in any medium other than a subpar shooter.

>Based on a book which was adapted into one of the best movies ever

You'd be right if you actually had a choice.

>It would actually be better as a movie
and it would be on syfy channel too because the plot to this game is hilarious.

That's fair. I've just never been convinced that any part of Metal Gear's story is in any way in jest. It all reads like it's being played super straight despite its ridiculous character designs, insane dialogue and over-the-top setpieces. Nothing about it seems like a parody of anything, someone genuinely thought that all of that was cool, not funny.

Hitman is all about re-doing the same levels over and over finding new ways to accomplish your goals. I doubt something like that could work in any other medium. Maybe board games and PnP but even those are still games.

Attached: 1560879959875.png (474x500, 284K)

The Hitman movies just further prove that Hitman doesn't work outside the games.
That said I think if you put a lot of effort into it you might be able to adapt it into a choose your own adventure novel. A single level only however.

A Hitman movie could work if it focuses on the cannon, or a few assassinations, but Hollywood wants explosions and helicopter crashes, so it'll never happen.

Pathologic