Mon Capitan if your star trek is so great why aren't there any good star trek games?

Mon Capitan if your star trek is so great why aren't there any good star trek games?

Attached: q-whatjpg.jpg (1200x1200, 95K)

Star Trek 25th Anniversary
Star Trek The Next Generation: A Final Unity
Star Trek Deep Space Nine: Harbinger

The Elite Force games were pretty good.

Consequently those were the only ST games I ever played.

fuck off Quck

Attached: shut up dukat.png (996x1100, 1.76M)

Dukat did nothing wrong though

There are plenty of good Star Trek games, nigger.

Any games that capture the horror of being in Starfleet?

Attached: transporter monster.webm (960x720, 2.84M)

the only game that ever came close to being good was online, and since it's an MMO it sucks too.

star trek's a really difficult thing to capture properly in video games. if properly adapted, it'd end up being a boring as fuck telltale-style interactive movie with dialogue choices and QTEs that you'd play once and never again.

I'm not seeing Star Trek: Legacy in there

No game will ever capture the fear Barclay has for literally everything, least of which some discount SH2 enemy.

That fear is justified every single time.

What would a Q game be like?

sandbox game where you can zoom in to play among the mortals or zoom out and start throwing borg cubes near other ships or civilizations

There's plenty to be afraid of in space. You go to explore some nebula and some entity turns the crew into flesh puppets or something.

Attached: Riker abducted by aliens.webm (960x720, 1.59M)

Sounds good, actually. I'd buy it for $15.

>No Mass Effect style Star Trek RPG

Attached: 1d23fcec2d8eb702c748ed4c908f19c49f2abfb17656d26ca67f7d1b50926198.jpg (205x246, 6K)

Attached: source[1].gif (320x240, 1.63M)

>go to space
>someone starts behaving like a crazy faggot
>"wow dis nigga craycray"
>"NO WAIT maybe he's affected by some kind of anomaly, let's look into it!"
>devote entire episode to these shenanigans
>turns out the guy was just crazy
I don't recall this ever happening in any star trek episode

Attached: Riker and Worf shoot a guy.webm (960x720, 1.29M)

This wasn't bad. Voyager Elite Force was okay too.

Attached: 85104-star-trek-deep-space-nine-the-fallen-windows-front-cover.jpg (800x1023, 164K)

That’s my line you asshole

Attached: 7DD33048-59A4-4140-8D8A-B6DC19E87D25.jpg (320x240, 20K)

boooo
gtfo you clown
bring back dukat

Based and redpilled

Attached: CE8269FD-B800-4A89-B0DC-79E83A1098D5.png (720x549, 466K)

>go to space
>investigate planet
>collect samples
>move on to next planet

Never seen this happen.

There
are
good
Trek
games

Stop making these fucking threads. It is the most thinly veiled attempt. Go fuck yourself you retarded, mouthbreathing, analinducing smog ridden poxbeast of a fucking putrid "human" being.

Because that doesn't make good TV.
>Data collects dirt samples for 45 minutes
>"Tune in for more excitement next week where Riker files paperwork."

>I don't recall this ever happening in any star trek episode
There was sort of an episode where a guy was just fucking crazy. In Voyager, a guy murders a crewmate, and well everyone's of course wondering "why?". Why would he do that, how was he wronged?
Well he was just nuts. No rhyme or reason. Tuvok especially couldn't understand that, why would a man murder with no logic or intent behind the action? Fella just felt like killing.

The point of these threads is to have Star Trek fun because its impossible to do so on Yea Forums
Please don’t seethe about it

Attached: 349A1A5F-C6F0-4E14-B60B-AA16A245AB7C.png (461x555, 345K)

>>"Tune in for more excitement next week where Riker files paperwork."

We never do get to see the nuances of the Federation filing system.

star trek would make for a good RPG. Not sure why they can't pull this off.

They should make a /tv2/ board where anyone who has ever participated on Yea Forums cannot post.
non-Yea Forums Yea Forums threads are infinitely superior to ones actually on that board, that place is just a shitfest filled with the worst people.

>watch all of tng and ds9
>if i want to see more q i have to watch voyager

Attached: dende.jpg (375x455, 63K)

I've never seen Voyager because I used to watch Star Trek with my dad and he'd always say nothing about Voyager except that Janeway is a stupid cunt.

>what if we mixed star trek with...
>...wait for it!
>hillary clinton!

Haven't seen any discussion on STO really, how's that? I heard there's a LOT of microtransation bullcrap, that turns me off of trying it. A Star Trek MMO sounds perfect but I know it's probably terrible.

Voyager isn't as bad as people make it out, in some regards it's my favourite of the shows. It has the best character development, and some of the best characters (mostly just the EMH).
You should give it a try, it starts off very strong unlike the other shows (highest production cost of any Star Trek episode to date - probably beat some of the movies).

But the Q episodes are unironically pretty awful, sorry

A proper one in the vein of BG, Arcanum, PoE etc would be tops, but you would never be able to sell that to the general public. The most you'd get is a budget Mass Effect shooter/rpg.

janeway is hardly the problem with VOY

>and some of the best characters

EMH and Seven are hardly enough to make up for the rest of the cast being utterly bland. They all feel like extras you'd meet on TNG. Arguably Tuvok could stand on his own.

Normalfags don’t like Star Trek

everyone knows that the animated series is the only star trek worth watching

What about the horror of being on a spaceship with the crew slowly disappearing and nobody realizing it except for you until you're the last one left and you have to escape as the entire universe is wiped from existence.

Goddamn this episode freaked me out.

Attached: remember me.jpg (1440x1080, 1.25M)

Attached: 578E0E51-28B7-471A-915F-C8AABD9FFA19.jpg (350x263, 10K)

Hes right, the Q episodes are ass cuz they tried to pull back the curtain on the Q continuum.

Attached: Quest.webm (960x720, 2.52M)

>It has the best character development
ds9

>Computer, what is the nature of the universe?

Attached: 1567389736285.jpg (1351x1016, 111K)

Yeah it's pretty much just the three characters you mentioned really. Most of the others are just the definition of bland - I wouldn't know how to even describe "Harry Kim" beyond his rank.

>Computer, what is the nature of the universe?
>The universe is a spheroid region, 705m in diameter.

Why aren't O Briens sleeves rolled up

Attached: Romulan disruptors.webm (960x720, 1.17M)

Harry Kim is the turbovirgin who turned down sex with Seven of Nine and was also replaced with an identical clone from another timeline because the writers decided to start cribbing DS9 plots instead of just TNG.

>tfw no Romulan gf

Didn't Harry get space herpes?

Attached: Warship Voyager.webm (654x480, 330K)

In theory Harry should be easy to describe, as he starts out as a greenhorn who gets in over his head a lot, and eventually becomes bolder and bolder. This is an interesting contrast to Tom, who starts off the series as a hothead, and becomes more level headed as the show progresses. Unfortunately, that doesn't change the fact that they're both written like shit the majority of the time.

Always liked the Romulan uniforms.
It's like they're wearing camo, but for their own space ships. Plus, they make their shoulders look wider, but somehow also look really formal?
I don't know how they do it, but I like them.

>nobody even held a funeral for Harry dying
>just left his cold dead corpse to float in space

>turbovirgin
What mentioning that time he fucked that one alien on a generational starship, the one where everyone MUST have been the results of incest due to how small the crew was and how long they'd been out there, and got space-aids and a demotion.

I'm a fan of their ships. Their fashion less so.

Attached: Romulan Warbird decloak.webm (960x720, 1.01M)