Underrail

Underrail thread : Guys, I'm fucked. It's the beginning of the game and my first mission, I have to go north to reactivate 5 things, but I litterally can't. I triggered the rats in the first zone and I escaped because my character is weak as fuck. And from now on, it seems the enemies never forget me even when I left the area because each time I enter the zone, they instantly take the initiative and gang on me even in stealth mode, and I can't do anything.

Is there any other way to go north ? I'm just level 2.

Attached: underrail.png (1366x768, 659K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Bb9pjvfLanY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

That's not even the North you're supposed to go. Go back inside and take the lift to the Cave entrance. You go north in the caves.

>last thread I had open archived 3 hours ago
>didn't even hit the bump limit
It's time to stop.

Can anybody who is playing a high perception character through the expedition content make a list of the secrets they find and what map they're on?

Oh, you mean at level 9 ?

Was nice while it lasted.
Do I want to check /indie/?

Docks and Cave something it's called, don't remember the floor number.
There'll be rats there too so buy flares, Molotov and abuse gates/fences and corners. Keep your eyes open for a better weapon because your current hawker sucks ass.

Bre, you're going the wrong way. For one, you need to leave via the bottom floor, not the top.

>Keep your eyes open for a better weapon because your current hawker sucks ass.
If you had mercantile, objectively the best skill, you could have gotten a better gun from the dude.

That's persuasion

Shit, yeah.
Didn't matter anyway as I was burning them up with PSI soon enough anyway.
Also, rats are afraid of fire and will flee if you throw flares.

Fuck, don't tell me hives respawn like regular enemies do?

Attached: index.jpg (300x168, 7K)

I negotiated a trade deal with the pirates but they still shoot me if I try to get on to their big broat. What do?

They don't. Why would you even assume that?

What does their boat has to do with your trade deal?

If you mean the safe passage deal, that facility is still off-limits, considering it's in their base. The deal just lets you get to Lemco without genocide, I think.

Thought I'd cleared more out on my way about. My bad.

I assumed "go through their territories" included going into their settlements.

anybody know where the weird pipe junction is?

Pipe junction?

>expecting anything good from pirates
While they're not as mentally-broken as ideological anarchists, you still can't expect too much from them.

Corporeal projection boosts ALL damage or only Psykokinesis?

Missing executes is so amazingly frustrating and happens surprisingly frequently for a 5% chance.
I really, really, really wish this game had a graze system or something to make bads rolls a bit less infuriating.

Apparently Fetid Marsh is just an alt route into LemCo? Oh, I've wasted so much time fighting hives for NOTHING

It feels like the oddity system breaks down in Expedition when you're forced to fight wave after wave of enemies.

You got a shoddy combat shotty out of it. :^)

mfw underrail rewards you for going through hell

Attached: 818600.jpg (640x480, 38K)

pretty sure it says "telekinetic damage" specifically, so only skills that deal telekinetic damage: Force Emission and Telekinetic Punch.

end me

someone please recap what the pillar visions tell you.
i dont plan playing wizards anytime soon, if ever.

Wrong buy, you need to go to the caves

Why not? Psi-hybrids are the most fun playstyles in the game.

Telekinetic punch specifies "mechanical damage"

Sea Wyrms apparently can't hurt each other so if you enrage two at each other, they're effectively removed from the fight

Attached: Capture.jpg (1014x843, 95K)

Vile weaponry, crippling strike or Continuum ripple for a Psi/fist build? I got spiked metal armor for the Vile weaponry trigger.

i mean i do play hybrids but they are always will3. so no way of getting the lore

Styg_irl

Attached: 208605.jpg (640x480, 62K)

What happened to his pal Dragon ?

Attached: 1564768891990.png (510x546, 19K)

Go beyond the two barrels with warcrime fuel in the screen with the muties, you'll find the drainage pipe in there.

Judging by the name he is probably edgelording somewhere in Hexagon.

that ain't war crime fuel, that's just toxic waste
if it were war crime fuel, you'd be spitting acid everywhere

>there are people who seriously stayed in SGS after discovering Ezra's identity
Enjoy getting used for experiments whenever he's gets bored

Expedition is one long way of saying that Biocorp did nothing wrong - and I agree with it.
Ezra already does come off like he's bored and he's not fucking with anyone. Just chilling in the cyberlabs and helping you out with the dumb junk you bring him. He's a bro.

Ezra's a geriatric old fuck who just wants to chill with his mad LAN parties and probably won't live more than a few decades at best, and by the events of the game he's already over and done with the shit he used to deal with, in fact he's actually one of the more helpful people in the game.
The real wild card there is Tanner, not to mention Vera and Gorsky.

Six is probably one of the most enigmatic characters in RPGs I've met.

That one-eyed freak is up to no good, I tell ya. Who does he think he fooling, maintaining servers, fixing library terminals, and crafting matching jewelry for married couples? I see right through his nefarious schemes, I do!

>probably won't live more than a few decades at best
He's already been living it up for over a century. Don't think he's gonna die of old age any time soon. And with you around, dying of boredom seems unlikely too.

>Vera
So is she a spy? Does that mean everything we know about Vera is a lie? Does Tanner know? Why did he even bring her in? If she is a spy, why did the United Stations consider SGS such a major power player even back in the day?

One power cell has been deposited into your locker.

>Don't think he's gonna die of old age any time soon.
Tell that to the Ferryman or old man Nosek.
At least Dude has achieved psionic heaven somehow, but Ezra is more machine than man at this point and doesn't really look like he'll have a lot longer to live, even with Biocorp's shenanigans, the only winner outside of Dude is Wyatt.
>is she a spy
Given the Oculites' logs, I'd say so, yeah.
No way somebody who gets mysteriously fired from Protectorate then joins SGS and tries to push Tanner to join them at every turn isn't an inside agent, it's so fucking obvious.

>it's so fucking obvious.
It's also a little too obvious. Tanner is many things, but I don't think he's that clueless.

Underrail is a great game, a RPG for the ages, an instant classic. I stopped playing because I figured out I dislike stealth and I consider it necessary on hard and realistic, at least for my skill level. Utilizing stealth turns the game into a bit of tedious trial and error affair because it's too powerful not to use it, and sneaking around

a) slows the game
b) thanks to the quicksave, you're able to overcome any challenge with 100% efficacy

But it came down to how stealth sections slow down the game's flow. I don't think there's a solution for this. At least Styg didn't turn lockpicking and hacking into a preschool level mini game.

Fantastic - fantastic! - level design, cannot overstate that enough. But I'm too old to tolerate that sort of stealth system. Pet peeve, whatever.

Attached: 1566589593301.jpg (1024x534, 99K)

then just play a tincan build

I'm playing dominating with negative stealth cause i wear all the alumized shit.

Just build your character to survive losing one round of initiative.

Tanner is rather neutral when it comes to the Protectorate, so it's hard to say, he probably knows that Vera is working for them and he's letting her play because he has bigger plans and doesn't consider Protectorate a major problem.
I mean, we're talking about somebody who employs Ezra and has soldiers capable of fighting off tin cans one on one, let alone various psionic masters and renegades from all over south underrail, SGS might not be an active player in the same way the corps are, but it's definitely a force to be reckoned with.

Is... is this a joke? First the mute fisherman, and now another literally who random encounter gets his own unique sprite and portrait? All while at SGS Tanner is still the only one to get the same treatment, even Ezra only has just a portrait?

Attached: hobo.png (525x440, 296K)

Let's be real guys, SGS is a shit name.
How will this ever be a great station to compete with Dis, Hexagon or Core City, when it's called Ess Gee Ess?

Took me about 3 playthrough to finally meet the travelling hobo, and only to find out he has nothing interesting to buy.

Is it possible to play to expedition after finishing the base game?

>compete with Dis, Hexagon
SGS never had a chance. It's a station, not a full-blown city.

Wait, that's it.
You just need to found a city with a new name right outside SGS.
You're a genius, dude.

yes

We shall name it... the South Gate City.

>accidentally put a stat point where I shouldn't.
>only notice 15 hours later
>don't feel like playing anymore
There's a way to fix it with Cheat Engine, r-right?

guys
guys, hear me out
lets call it Rail's End

Tell me about it. Even his highest quality component is only 84. Fisherman at least had his ghostfaces.

Attached: wowitsfuckingnothing.png (665x637, 68K)

Dude, no...

Dude for mayor.

so is there a save editor?

Nope.
Best you can do is cheat engine.

How about under heaven.

Attached: Manlet Snake.webm (800x450, 1.99M)

What a drill...

WITH DARKNESS AND RATHOUNDS THROUGH THE NIGHT

What a driiiiiiiil

I'M LOOTING, AND I'LL MELT INTO YOU...

Praetorian or Coretech, which is the most interesting questline?
Already done JKK

WWRRRRRRRRRRRRR

wtf is this shit where the "named npc next to door that will give you smuggle mission
"
how the fuck do you get in

Attached: questionmark.jpg (1920x1080, 871K)

Coretech is the most fun and arguably the easiest
Praetorian is the most intresting lorewise but also the hardest

Invested on nothing but guns, realize I need crowd control weapons.

Aiming for tin can build, level 6, zero points on throwing, will it hurt to invest on it now?

Explore the rails, you will need to go shopping

Any build ideas for a craftless run just utilizing found and bought items? Tired of doing loot management simulator every run.

No, you don't need to level throwing high if it's just being used for grenades (around 50 effective or so). What other skills are you using?

Foundry is such a fucking slog. So much walking.

Throwing is kind of an utility skill, its not that important but its nice if grenades could land where you want them to

cant screencap but the beginner favorites i guess

lockpick
hacking

mechanics
electronics

persuasion
mercantile

zero stealth, zero psionics, no chem or bio skills

Coretech has a funnier warehouse mission.
In terms of being interesting, Praetorian, I guess? But Coretech is also nice and Rupert's a funny guy, I'd say decide based on your build.
>realize I need crowd control weapons.
So, guns?
Consider Shotties, chempistols or electrical pistols.

Attached: The man who was fried to death.png (454x299, 49K)

mm looks like i can shop for harley jackets just northwest

>Rupert's a funny guy
That's the spirit, son. Now leave me, I must brood until the game is over, even though it was my best friend's son that got killed and not my own, god I wish I had a Faceless cubic buttplug right now.

>Coretech has a funnier warehouse mission.
In what way? I found it to be a nightmare.

You don't have to max pick and hack every level as you get jacknife/lockpick mk2's and haxxor2/haxxor3 to compensate quite early on. Electronics is more of a mid/late game skill too so you can raise that a bit slower too.
I would reccommend Chemistry to at least 69 just for MK4 Grenades.

Be warned, that shopping quest is very 'lunatic'

Learn how to commit war crimes
It turns coretech warehouse mission into a hillarious morbid comedy movie

zoinks

Attached: these arent the guys.jpg (1920x1080, 771K)

Builds that cant afford a high intelligence.
Maybe an smg build since those require dex, per, str and agi.
With the points you don't spend in crafting, you can get dodge/evasion and temporal manipulation.

Is it better to join Pratoerian as a sneaky knife build just because they are harder to kill? Heavy armored Praetorians seem a nightmare to deal with for a knife user.

That's basically psi
You can just buy a headband at Oculus and you good

It's actually a bit sad considering how Archibald's son actually died and how Rupert and Archie are basically BFF, also TCHORTISTS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>I found it to be a nightmare.
For the mercs, yeah.

Attached: FUCK ACID HUNTERS AND FUCK TCHORTISTS.png (1268x190, 168K)

Wrong mall

Just because you don't join them doesn't mean you kill them all, you damn zoner.

Got it, thanks

Anton is beyond past his prime. He may visit DC once or twice with you being able to catch him there but he is for all intents and purposes, harmless now. Look at him sincerely user. He is centuries fucking old, just researching tech and ocasionaly being a bro in conversations, if a bit posessive.
>Vera
Honestly? No, she likely disgraced herself and went here, she clearly likes her home but i dont see her as an actual spy, she is too stupid, and she also does other works like make sure Hathor and other stations are reliant on SGS, not just Protectorate.

Just setting foot in that place saps my desire to play the game, it's so bad

they ded

Attached: aight.jpg (1920x1080, 929K)

Same.
>dull music
>shit enviorement
>long back and forth quest
>mild lore for Ezra but otherwise just constant train and area travels, even worse pre speed buffs
>one good part of it are the waves but the best fun is on dominating waves, hard is just tingling the fun overwhelming, normal is piss fucking easy, so its never quite challenging
>rewards are too fucking good to ignore
>metal fucking city so if you use any kind of melee weapons you have to rush it
>seriously just cancerous but those fucking oddities

Good job
Return the hentai statue to the H.P. Lovecraft fanboys and they will let you in their scientologist D&D cukt

What is everyone's best and worst area/dungeon in the game?

Depot A

>best
Depot A. Insanely rushable once you know it, easy to cheese, but fucking hard if you aint ready, just a sprinkle of ocasional bullshit but still a well designed area with good rewards, good enemy variety and a nice lore reward in the end.
>worst
DC. It has some very nice parts. But DC is a fucking slog. It just is.

I like the Nexus personally, pretty fun and interesting area.
As for the worst area, anything with monster closets, especially crawlers, and Core City, just too many fucking screens to do anything at all.
I do understand Styg's problems with fast travel, but a lot of Core City could have just been conflated into less screens full of nothing in it, or maybe it's just old boomer me who doesn't have patience for walking around in RPGs anymore.

>easy to cheese
I finished it by going into areas, throwing grenades when they bunched up then leaving the area and re-entering via the other entrance and repeating.

had to redo there was a knife guy in the supermarket
he had initiative

Core City should have it's own map
kinda stupid that SGS has it's own map but you never have to use it, meanwhile the drop zone is a fucking maze

Psionics are too powerful. You should be able to learn regular weapon skills like Aimed Shot etc the same way you learn psionic powers.

There are barely any downsides to using psionics and with the wide variety of powers you've got the answer to every sitaution.

Attached: 1544309407709.jpg (300x300, 21K)

>leaving out easy
Shame on you.

Attached: are you shitting yourself in terror yet.png (1587x362, 678K)

>she is too stupid
She managed to get into SGS and is, apparently, doing enough good to be on the council. Can't be that stupid. She always came off as a bit too naive to me, though. Unless the pure maiden thing was just an act and she is, in fact, a cold-hearted, ruthless spy who will stop at nothing to claim SGS for the United Stations.

lol really

Really. You can almost feel the game mocking you.

Evelyn you dumb bitch.

Attached: lol.jpg (465x380, 36K)

I feel you so hard man
Though controllers are fucking dicks
Always save a fire nade for them, their trickery cannot fool fire

Keep saving, there are a lot of them on the upper floor

So how is Expedition as a DLC? I keep hearing it has a lot of wave fights which negates a lot of fun for certain builds like stealth and melee.

>Melee
Hammers got it somewhat easy compared to others

You can cheese them by solving the problem permanently early on

>3
>3 fucking bladelings
Holy shit lmao, Styg aint even hiding it.
She is not smart. She is a good diplomat. She is not really smart as a whole and she really doesnt have any hints at anything else other than being a slightly friendly to the Protectorate silver tongue. We already know one woman who is rutheless to the Protectorate. The level 3 combat diplomat aint her.

Attached: 1563847062622.png (371x373, 19K)

Fantastic music, aesthetic, and dialogue both in its depth and use of your skills.

Endless fights against ridiculously hard enemies.

Everything aside from the genocide and wave fights is stellar. All of the facilities are a blast to explore, the new characters have a lot going for them and the finale is probably the game's highest point, but the shit you'll be doing somewhere in the middle of the playthrough does drag on.
And, of course, the game is virtually unplayable without shotguns.

Is there no way inside the citadel of life?

woah

Attached: cool.jpg (1920x1080, 755K)

I agree with you on eveyrthing, but exploration can be tiresome too because some places are literally death traps with a million fucking enemies with nothing much in there. I guess it does make sense given the place is supposed to be a dangerous.

Still, it is like i'm doing a 180 on the design on the base game, often you have enemies swarming you, they always give you some way to deal with them, be either losing behind some thing, or turning on a turret or some shit like that to help thin their numbers, but not in expedition, in expedition, you are zoning an area for the first time to auto trigger combat versus 3 packs of locusts and 10 sneks

>best
DC as a whole. Alone its parts are only average-good, but put together it's amazing.
Port Ceto for runner-up.

>worst
Rathound king's labyrinth.

What crafting skills are best for pure-psi user?

I'm at level 21 and have lockpick/hack/persuasion high enough, same with the PSI abilities. Should I invest in some crafting skills for better light armours?

Biology is 75 and electronics 20, but that's it.

they got coupons up in here
can use to get cheaper pentapus hmmmMMMM yies

Honestly, it wouldn't hurt the game if he introduced a helpful tip on key point of the game. it already have an easy mode, so giving some sort of orientation, or what to do given situations would help greatly versus all the brainlet people, and that can always be an option to turn it off to not break immersion

For instance, if enabled, when you are about to enter depot A, it can give you a few tips like

>You are about to enter a zone full of dangerous enemies, be prepared and safe, pack caltrops, molotovs and grenades, and bring your best armor and gear. You can craft an anti acid leather armor by killing the dogs, so get yourself one and dominate! But be on the lookout, if you choose to not fight there are plenty of ways of sneaking up.

There it go, give this to every hard place and i can guarantee a lot more people would give the game a try

Let's count the ground level of the Horticulture Center as another "genocide" part of the DLC. I've cleared out a couple of locust-infested areas near the Horticulture center and that was a nice change of pace, but there's like 6 different areas of that and, yeah, clearing them all out is just not very interesting, fun or engaging. Much like how it goes with the native villages.
I'll give Styg the Fetid Marsh, though. It's this one big "fuck you" to the player and... it just works.

nah

>I'll give Styg the Fetid Marsh, though. It's this one big "fuck you" to the player and... it just works.

God, this is exactly what i was thinking, what was HE THINKING EVEN. Did he do on purpose to just laugh at us? The end of it isn't even that good and the shortcut is pointless because you need to come back for your jet anyway. He should have added a fully functional reef glider there with a laser cannon or something

why should the game hold your hand
this isn't for casuals

Vera is just a naive northener who sees the protectorate as synonymous with civilization.

>>You are about to enter a zone full of dangerous enemies
The game does tell you this, multiple times. It's just done through dialogue.

you only have to kill two hives in the horticulture center and you can jetski right up to the entrance not having to kill a single one outside. this is without stealth. need 8 agi to jump over the wall, meaning you only need 5 agi with food/hopper leather. most every build has 6 for sprint. this was my first go at it, was expecting much worse.

Yeah, the whole reason the place is locked is that it's full of dangerous muties.

ok statue does nothing

Electronics, Tailoring and Biology for sure.
Gotta make dem cyberpunk barbie tiaras.
>Honestly, it wouldn't hurt the game if he introduced a helpful tip on key point of the game.
The game already has visual hints in various places like your hand icon turning red for things that are a no no to touch, and yet people still complain about "WOOOOOOOOW how was I supposed to know that opening that one door would make people hostile?".

She isnt wrong. There is a reason why Marcus roasts the shit out of Ladelman after he says he doesnt give a shit if his kid will live past 3, while asking if his wife is hot. I love Ladelman but cmon, thats telling you something.

>Electronics, Tailoring and Biology for sure.
Thanks. I put the points into chemistry for this level-up so I could nuke the guy's wife and collect fat stacks.

this Efreitor Denzil
doesnt even exist outside these gates wtf how do i give him the statue

>nuke the guy's wife
in Foundry I mean

Have you done the Coretech research facility quest yet?

>how do i give him the statue
Did the Tchort steal the artifact yet?

no
guess i go do coretech now

ill put it here until i get back

Attached: trash.jpg (489x584, 129K)

Does anyone else just drop shit on the floor, make a mental note to come back for it later, then never come back for it ever again?

I did hate the way the Tchort in Core City are like "hey, you'd be perfect for us. Go to the university to join" and the guys at the uni only let you in 30 hours later.

>molotov in trash
not gonna make it son

>son
bre*

Why do so many people recommend tranquillity when PSI mania is objectively better?

Up to 15% HP for guaranteed crit? It's a no brainer

you havent seen my inventory

You seem like a brainlet regardless

Tell me why should I be using any sniper rifle other than the Dragunov

>when PSI mania is objectively better?
Psychosis/Mania are better at low levels, Tranquility/Meditation are better at high levels, they simply have different yields.

Attached: gvvv1885.jpg (405x476, 75K)

Locus of control and enrage trivialises some encounters

Attached: lel.jpg (1178x656, 85K)

Wouldn't it be the other way around? Only later on you get all those ways to negate the psi cost increase AND stack that sweet psi crit dmg.

dragunov is only useful for pacifist runs

?
how is a sniper rifle that fires twice a round at 80% damage of a sniper rifle that fires once a round not useful?

Why can't I find a comfy resolution to play at???

ZOOM MOD WHEN

Later on in the game you have so much raw power as a pure PSI crits are not really as useful as they could be, it's much better having simply a lot more fuel per round to kill as many things as possible than overkilling one enemy with crits you probably don't even need anymore.
At least, that's how I see it, and why I think Premeditation is also a broken ass feat that should be outright removed, as much as I love PSI, or give other skills an equivalent.

SMGs an Shotguns kinda do, missed shots hit other targets in the cone

Did Styg buff those fucking psi-beetles? There are far too many of them now, on the way to Junkyard and the place where you save that jackass who ran in. I'm playing on Hard, sure, but even with my trusty Shoddy Shottie, I've hit a bug laden wall, at least on that end. I guess it's time to see Gorsky about that old bunker.

>or give other skills an equivalent.
They get different ways of AP reduction.

styg is considering changing them to still be strong but not as OP

>They get different ways of AP reduction.
Except PSI also get those, as built in equipment passives unlike other skills, AND you also get premeditation, which is not just AP reduction mind you, it's also a very effective range boost.

yeah in 7 years for underrail 2

Is hitting the level cap (30) realistic for most players?

Oddity? Fucking lmao nah.
Classic? Fuck yeah.

you can craft a better one

Can it fire twice per round?

spearhead with rapid reloader

Where the hell do i look for that disappeared couple?

I looked everywhere from rail crossing and managed to arrive everywhere except anywhere that might give any clue about them.

Where do you find those components?

Same, I'm 70 hours in and never found them.

Keep exploring. You are supposed to just stumble into them at random, when you aren't even looking for them, I think.

in the belly of a rathound

Nope, I only stumbled on your mum on the dick of a rathound.

north upper caves if im not mistaking

>Except PSI also get those, as built in equipment passives
That's not true at all. Psi's only source of AP reduction is from the very conditional tranquility and the once in five turns premeditation. They don't get anything like Dexterity for small weapons, Lifting Belt for sledge, Advanced Catalyzing Belt for chem, or mixing and picking between frames and metals for AP cost.

If I make a pistol focused build should I lean more towards high crit perks or more consistent damage perks?

My bad, I mixed up AP and PSI costs, disregard my post, you're right about that.

high crit is the only way to make a pistol build, but even that is poor compared to other weapons

Steadfast aim good for energy weapons? It gives a retarded +15% crit chance for plasma pistols but I feel like I shouldn't ever even be shooting my plasma pistol unless it's for a guaranteed crit aimed shot.

it's a great feat to have

High crit is what you want, all pistols have low base damage so you do not want to increment something so low but rather boost the peaks and abuse Aimed Shot 100% chance to crit.
Bear in mind ballistic pistols are really, really weak compared to their energy/chemical based cousins, even factoring in special crafted bullets.

>It gives a retarded +15% crit chance for plasma pistols but I feel like I shouldn't ever even be shooting my plasma pistol unless it's for a guaranteed crit aimed shot.
Execute.

It amazes me that I'm STILL finding new PSI powers 65 hours in.

aight cool

yeah I'm working on getting it, for some reason up until now I thought opportunist didn't work with energy weapons so I still have to take that but taser + execute seems like a beautiful way to obliterate pretty much any one target.

Aimed shot is better than Execute unless you have really high base crit percentages so that you can capitalize on that 250% bonus on base damage, if you do though Execute becomes ridiculous, especially on Plasma pistols.

I don't hear a lot about crossbow builds and I'd like to try one out. But if they are bad to the point of frustrating then maybe not. Thoughts?

they're good, just dont forget that you need most of the crafting skills to make elemental bolts

They're good.
Spam incendiary and shock bolts.
Stealth and Ambush recommended.

Its my first time playing and my next stop is Depot A how fucked am i?

If you want the concentration buff it means you're in sight of an enemy, I would never take this on a short range weapon

This is the point where you can take your time and explore a lot. Just focus on getting your bearings and you'll find a lot of EXP and items that'll prepare you as you do it.

Is this one of those games if you come in blind and build your character badly you should just keep restarting or slam your head against the wall every single encounter?

bring molotovs/10

If you specialise in a combat style you'll be fine, no half measures for newbs.

I made this OC. It may not be of the highest quality, but the game really deserves more.

Attached: Hardcore.jpg (605x948, 165K)

any increases to agililty besides food and hopper leather? a hat? drugs?

great stuff

>Break into a house, dog attacks you.
>Break into adjacent house, cat ignores you.
What did Styg mean by this?

Supersoldier drug. I have no idea why Jumping Bean can't give a +1 too.

I like it.
I thought it'd say "his dominating-hot sister" instead of supersoldier drug though.

I made it because this based, derailed bastard actually sold me some Supersolider Drug.

Attached: super solider drug.jpg (1920x1080, 651K)

Does armor sloping work only on metal plates or does it apply to stuff like crab/beetle shells too?

kill all psioniggers

I know, heard of it, but I don't think I've ever seen one.

Pretty sure it is only metal plates.

Caltrops, molotovs
Take your time, get good gear, squeeze all exp you can

Because the inhabitants of Depot A will mercilessly either melt your flesh away or tear you appart limb by limb
I'm dead serious.

Kinda sucks, thinking of doing a crafting centric build and metal plates don't really look like a good option compared to organic components.

Unless I am mistaken organic components are really only good if you're using Psi-Beetle shells as a Psi-User. Otherwise you're either using leather (which can quality can be improved via a trait), ballistic panels (which DR can be improved) or metal plates (which weight can be improved). I know that burrower shells kind of suck, not sure about crabs though.

Where can i reliably get the tovs? Haven't seen a blueprint yet and Gort only seems to have one.

It really helps if you get siphoner or mutant dog leather armor. You can get siphoners by leaving Junkyard, then from the entrance screen going north, and then north again. You'll be in the "Siphoner pools" and if you have the tailoring you can kill some of them and make a nice leather armor suit to protect you from acid.

You can always get the blueprint for molotovs. Talk to Quinton on floor 8 for SGS. He should sell it and 5 molotovs every restock. Making them with 20 chemistry is cheaper than buying them.

>Unless I am mistaken organic components are really only good if you're using Psi-Beetle shells as a Psi-User.
That was the plan, yeah, a crafter is going to have high INT by default so walking around in a tin can smashing things and taking punches like a real man isn't a good option, better to get more feats for my strong points rather than covering up weaknesses and failing, metal plates don't really offer anything worthwhile to this build.
Still, I'm studying this a bit and looks like it will be interesting.

Well, psi beetle shells dont give a whole lot of armor penalty in the first place I don't think, and any piece of gear you're making with them can use lighter stuff to give the minimum armor penalty if that is what you're looking for.

I am a riot-gear fag, and I am using Super Steel Sheets, Tungsten Shields, and Blast Cloth so I am fucking heavy anyways.

About 20 iirc, kind of a big deal since unless I invest into Nimble it will tank my stealth real hard, which is bad.
Guess I'll just give up on tactical vests and go full leather then.

You're definitely welcome to do a stealth build but honestly it is usually good enough to just have a set of light stealth gear for when sneaking is necessary, and a set of "combat gear" when combat is unavoidable. You might wanna consider that option too.

Can I disable cameras any other way than shooting them?

do that on dominating and see how far that takes you

Stab them, slice them, punch them, blow them up.

Some places have computers/terminals to hack that let you turn them off

Pretty far

There's maybe 4 (3 of them are in the Black Sea) places in the entire game where you can disable them through a security terminal.

I'm also considering that, problem is that decent black cloth quality is hard to come by and being stealthy early on and even later on would spare me a lot of headaches on a character that is innately frail.
I need to think this through a little bit, I feel there's a few things I'm missing.

>anyone enjoys anything
>huhuhuh, do it on dominating like me bro, the coolest m'fer ever
>huhuhuhuh

Yeah, I know that you can disable them through some consoles, but I was hoping for some device that would let me hack them directly.

Psi is literally the strongest build regardless of difficulty.

nah, i'm just saying that because the bladeling horde on dominating is fucking insane

It's not like Locus of Enrage is particularly enjoyable once you realize how much of the game it can break for you.

user you can literaly just use crawler caltrops with 70 bear traps and the dificulty goes way, way down, enrage on that makes em beat eatchother up witj autistic rage and throwing in a good old braaap nade makes em really easy.

Does future orientation affect anything other than limited temporal increment?

Just throw like 4 caltrops, a bunch of bear traps and add gas on top and it's easy as fuck

It affects everything except Distortion.

Play as a hammer wizard

Play as a shotgun wizard.

based

Play as a fist wizard.

>Fist wizard
:)

That's what Yahorta calls me

Play as a Wizard Wizard.

Yer a wizard Tanner.

Chief, please stop shitposting on LIN. It's meant for greater things than this.

imagine playing psi as your first build and then putting the game down because too ez

Boo, third eye doesn't let you see Occulus without Azif's figger naggot psi you have no access to

Attached: 20190902095957_1.jpg (1920x1080, 163K)

To be fair, Oculus is ancient alium tech beyond our comprehension, so even if Dude is psionic jesus it makes sense it would be beyond the effects of third eye.

And figger naggot psi muslim can?

wait, figger naggot psi muhammad

I guess, I mean Oculites are big guys, makes sense for some super seekrit klub to be beyond human achievements.
Bear in mind even Azif himself can't still deal with the mainframe despite being a psi prodigy and probably not completely human anymore.

lol, true sight and he can't even see the visions of the leviathans

But Dude knows about Oculus

>his entire character was initialy a jpke to everyone
>is actually 100% (98) right about everything, he just says it in a extremely cryptic manner.

Basically a Malkavian

>Challenge Duff to a fist fight in front of his girls for the item
>Beat his ass and take it
>Then kill him after

Attached: 1567177733200.png (499x499, 78K)

The point is that the Juice is something that lets you see beyond reality in a way so that you can find rifts and jump into them, but who knows how Oculus' cloaking works, Dude might know about it but how much does he know really?

>not helping him get out of the Zone
You're softcore.

He knows it exists and that its watching everyone. The Juice allows you to travel the Inbetween and see the Supernatural, for the lack of a better word, but Occulus isnt inherently a next dimentional object or in a higher state of being user. Its physical, real, abiding to the laws of the world.

Its just really, really well fucking hidden.

Is it viable to do a guns build which relies only on subterfuge to gain loot, and uses no crafting at all?

youtube.com/watch?v=Bb9pjvfLanY

Attached: Untitled.png (1366x768, 1.19M)

stop spamming your fucking video in every underrail thread bro

You can knock his ass out? Do you actually have to fight him?

I kind of want to go Coretech to fight him now.

His true sight lets him see void creatures and hack the shard. And what do you mean he can't see the visions? He communicates with the Mainframe and other monoliths.

What's the current accepted order for best to worst Gun types to focus on in the game?
Assault Rifles
Sniper Rifles
SMG's
Energy Pistols
Shotguns
Firearm Pistols

If you go to Coretech you can intimidate him for the item, pay him for the item, or challenge him to an actual fist fight (you two enter combat with only fists and punch one another) and if you beat him in the fist fight he gives you the item while humiliating him in front of his girls.

ARs/Snipers/Energy Pistols are top tier in no particular order
SMGs are Mid Tier
Shotguns are viable, but low tier (be prepared to go combat shotguns and use a pile of shells every fight)
Firearm Pistols are shit tier.

Sniper Rifles
ARs
Energy pistols
Chem Pistols
Shotguns
SMGs
Firearm Pistols

Welp, looks like I'm going coretech. Shame, I wanted to take on beefed up Jookelah

Make a save and do both?

Sniper rifles are interesting in that they're very good but not something to "focus" on.
They don't need specific feats so you're better off using them to support another gun.

I could do that but I'd be wasting time.

Haha I just pirated the game guys haha time to make a trapping build before the creators catch me haha

Dumb pipe-scutchin' hooksie.

Hey guys I just found a cool trick. Items that are part of a recipe aren't counted as being in your inventory, so their weight doesn't weight you down. Could be really handy for transporting metal plates in a metal armor recipe.

Attached: 20190902133342_1.jpg (1920x1080, 396K)

I'm off to slaughter some natives. Wish me luck!

Old news, but yeah, it's a neat oversight trick, too bad the crafting menu covers up one third of your screen.

tfw you slaughtered the mystery guys in foundry only to find out it locks you out of the oculus quests

Dumb murderhobo

He should have been nicer to me.

based retard
worse is doing the quests seemingly exactly the way you've done them before, successfully then, only for jack to fuck off and not give you the followup

You can actually 'accidentally' kill him in the fight

For a game that is clearly inspired by Fallout 2 I find it really odd that Energy based Rifles aren't a thing. Those were king in the old FO games.

Guys i'm having second thoughts about joining Coretech.

I think i'll load and do Praetorian

where do I find the master valve for the gate in DC?
it's not in the warehouses and i'm starting to run out of ammo shooting all these alien fucks

>Guys i'm having second thoughts about joining Coretech.
Don't you want to be a comfy wageslave user?

Yeah i guess being a soldier doesn't fit my character. I'll stick with coretech

can i rape his harem, tho?

Why?

Praetorian is the best but I want to know why.

To be fair, you lack heavy weaponry and power armors too, and energy based rifles would be really unbalanced given just how strong pistols are.

What do you need to survive the Mason encounter in the health facility? Is it Will or Constitution? Or something else entirely?

If there's one thing I intensely dislike about the Gray Army Base is that the pissing officer is the only person in the entire base who you can stealthily assassinate. Anyone else turns the rest of the base hostile. That's really fucking arbitrary, how is anyone supposed to figure this out without savescumming?

Will
Every check up to that point is will

You have to not resist any of his nightmare visions.

Truth is, cause Praetorian has an unique area of the sewers with some crystals and i wanted to check them out since i'm playing a high will character this time.

I resisted them all and then went in and killed him. Got the body horror feat which is more like a debuff desu

Ok that makes sense. I was confused since my last build had the same will score, but survived the encounter. I decided to resist some of the visions on this one though, so I guess that fucked me.

>Or something else entirely?
Mindrape keeps you safe. Resistance is dangerous.

Oh damn, I was just regurgitating what I read in one of these threads. My bad.

shame you need 11 dex + gunslinger to fire it twice a turn

Yet ANOTHER PSI power, psuedo spatial projection

The game keeps on giving

It's still a garbage gun either way since just a 100Q 44. Hammerer with Gun Nut will outclass it by 30 points, let alone a 160 one.
Styg REALLY needs to fix the uniques in this game.

Go for it. Jookhela is practically made for psionic characters and is interesting to face as one.

I just aggro'd a few pirates just by passing through their territory on the way to the health facility. I already made peace with them though. Did I just make them completely hostile to Aegis again?

pistols are just shit in this game, even as starter weapons
they need to have their AP costs lowered so even the .44 can be fired twice per turn

i have never ever
hit something with 44

Man Styg and co. need to get volunteers to comb through the game files and keep the wiki updated or something.

i have a muzzle brake, forward grip, 73 quality jaguar SMG frame and the expertise perk at lvl 9
should i craft a 5mm or a 7.62mm SMG?
i already have the MP5 and i'm about to go to Rail Crossing

Do it then, because no one else is going to do it for you. Epeli retired.

My guess is that you only die if you pass the Will check on the elevator and leave. It's very mysterious.

His harem will rape you instead, but yeah, you can

theres a couple unique oddities in there, and some good mats

help

Sounds like a win-win.

If you help him before doing foundry does he still get the supersteel chain made from melted coins? Or does the fucker have three unique sprites?

>"why are there so many ladders"
>go down a ladder
>warning sign 1: literally cant see shit
>warning sign 2: white bold text, Fucking skeleton"
>take 1 step
>STING STING STING

Yes, he does. Don't worry about it.

>reload
>enter same hole
>put trap on skeleton
>Wait 5 minutes
>?????????
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!! FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU

Attached: 1504706225076.jpg (612x612, 44K)

Damn, Porkins, what have you been eating?

Attached: 20190902114323_1.jpg (1920x1080, 472K)

Still better than going down the ladder and instantly get stinged because the game spawned the death crawler right next to the ladder and they have a 1000+ initiative roll

Attached: 1389029496731.png (759x551, 25K)

beg for a response again and i'll ram a dick up yo ass

:^)

Whichever seems more useful to you.

7.62 has better bullet options.

i mean he literally designed these
so that whenver one out of 6 randomly walking around invincible insects SEE YOU
you have to reload
and you have to guess their timing on it every time
its so fucked

Attached: 1.jpg (150x232, 9K)

Oh shit just walked into an area i already explored and there was a cat gangwar happening!

Attached: catfight.png (757x293, 277K)

Me and my Free Drone besties :D

Your ideology is not a joke!

Attached: drone_buds.jpg (915x519, 67K)

just like real life

>you have to reload
What for? If you can't fight them, go up the ladder. Either way, you have at least a turn before you get gangraped by spooky scorpions.

The tin cans are butthurt again.

cant go up in combat
once yo ushoot one in this specific sewer ladder area there's 1 more behind the first and a death stalkers. its chill
i just dont wanna "Cheese" or play "optimally" so i just reloaded from before i started the engagement so i could trap one bang bang lure his friends, molo + net and then burst all three down
p lame that deathstalker dont have any significant loot compared to the others

The virgin idealist vs the chad pragmatist

Cope

God, I would love to have DOMINATING's extra enemies and the inclusion of some early-game end-game enemies. Can do without the HP bloat and the health gimp tho. Also, the healing gimp. Enemies still heal for the same amount of health than you do, which makes that part a bunch of bullshit. I'd actually be fine with the health gimp if that excluded the hp bloat.

difficulty customization when?

They have to do something in between licking boots.

The only one coping in here is you, tin can.
Imagine playing a game about anarchy and being that butthurt about it.

Attached: Tin can genocide best day in my life.png (622x323, 365K)

also there should definitely be a meme where styg spawns some spooky stuff or maybe make sum silly shit happen when your night vision runs out in someplace as dark as this
or sum secret mugger bossbattle that can only happpen if you go complete dark in some secret sewer

Attached: dark.jpg (1920x1080, 146K)

>black cats start the fight
Styg is based and redpilled

I'm fairly certain that I just went up the ladder the moment I ate a sting, user. Even if you can't, you can still survive the stun by keeping them away from you via molotovs, caltrops or psychokinesis.

I don't care if you reloaded the moment something went wrong, but at least don't claim that an entire area is designed around savescumming.

Underrail is anything but anarchic. If anything, it's about balkinization. Even then, that's just in regard to its poltiics.

How do you utilize Gas Grenades? The enemies just disarm them before they get chance to activate properly

I just phoned the CAU
Will be here in 5

>Underrail is anything but anarchic. If anything, it's about balkinization.
Do you know what Balkanization is or are you this faggot here who just throws random concepts around?

god i love mareth

Attached: 20190902120244_1.jpg (1920x1080, 257K)

You're supposed to use them in combat
If you're trying to cheese some kills like Aran/Mordre yo have to block them somehow
Hint : Force Field is OP for a reason

I know what balkanization is. South Underrail is more or less that due to Biocorp collapsing just without the various station states being pissed at one another.

Also, that faggot knows what he's talking about: you are an idealist.

Ah, I thought you used them before combat to lure enemies into the gas

im talking about an oddity
I dont know where you're even talking about

You can do that and make them trigger combat with you, rendering them inable to disable the gas grenade. I did that here and triple dot'd those motherfuckers.

You're a fucking retard, learn to read.

>Liking the CAU
Not just an autist, but also an edgelord
Riveting

As long as you start combat before they finish disarming, it's fine, it saves you some AP and gas started spreading already

What? Don't act uppity, we all commit warcrimes here. He's a war criminal that knows how to have fun and I respect that.

yeah problem is combat
you could probably go around corner, stealth exit and then climb up
but since i was always in combat with either the trapped one or one of them waiting for the fire to go out i couldnt and i didnt want to because then id feel inclined to quick save once more and then have to deal with a deathboy right beneath the ladder
and since im on normal mode i just wanna kill all three in one phase

>Liking Northeners
Go back do Dis you psychopath

nono i mean the crawlers are designed around savescumming
that area was easy compared to some of the very open cave areas with multiples randomly wandering around

>the Protectorate has a unit whose entire job is committing war crimes
>there are also soldiers who are paid to pilot invincible death machine WRRRRRRRR
Tin cans get all the fun.

I can still hear it in my head

>South Underrail is more or less that due to Biocorp collapsing
>just without the various station states being pissed at one another.
So it's not Balkanization at all, glad we cleared that out.
>you are an idealist.
You don't know me nor know my beliefs, so keep that to yourself.
And in the game's context, the Protectorate is the actual idealist faction in the game since they're the ones pushing the propaganda and illusion of a sovereign and unified state being able to magically solve all the problems in Underrail (protip: it won't) while also sweeping their crimes under the rug and silencing any opposition.
If anything the Drones are the pragmatic faction between the two since they don't make a big deal about stealing civilian train cargo if it's for a greater good, but I guess those boots are just too deliciousfor you to stop for a moment and actually look up what Idealism and Pragmatism are.

It's always there. It'll never leave you.

WRRRRRRRRRR

is there a way to start expedition dlc and be able to leave and go back to core without damaging expedition progress?
they make it seem like you should be ready to leave and not come back in a while

git gud

Is it possible to do anything with this? Can I not because I am willet?

Attached: willet.jpg (1920x1080, 448K)

yeah i am p gud after all the quickloading ive probably never been hit once in any encounter

You will need the Shard

>is there a way to start expedition dlc and be able to leave and go back to core without damaging expedition progress?
Yes, if you leave it's frozen in time

You're an idealist because you won't admit that the Protectorate, like Tanner says, is much better than it could have been, and it could have easily been an actual autocratic regime instead of a confederacy where many members are de facto independent.

Not sure what the shard is, but thanks. That does mean I'll have to come back here later.

I greatly underestimated the number of savages. I think I will have to go home to resupply. I am running dangerously low on Frag grenades and Plasma grenades.

After you complete the first quest you can freely go back and forth between the main game and Expedition. Time stops when you leave the Black Sea so you don't have to worry about things going awry while you're gone.

You can destroy it with the Ethereal Torch.

Warcrimes, warcrimes~

Come and get your warcrimes~

Attached: 20190902121550_1.jpg (1920x1080, 253K)

it fills my heart with joy to outsneak and detect any death stalker

i trully love being a crossbow nigger

Attached: file.png (312x337, 223K)

>You're an idealist because you won't admit that the Protectorate, like Tanner says, is much better than it could have been
>Shit could be worse bre, why are you such a fucking "idealist"? Just lick that boot already!
That's not being idealist you fucking idiot.
Funny you mention Tanner too since his entire neutrality policy is literally anarchy, but I guess he's also the only NPC you can use for your pseudoargument since everyone else dislikes tin cans.
>it could have easily been an actual autocratic regime
It literally is, it's just not in the final stage yet, but it's a textbook example of autocracy.
>many members are de facto independent.
They aren't.

>nono i mean the crawlers are designed around savescumming
They are really not. On hard, there's only been a few times when I came close to dying from a sudden crawler ambush and I make sure to only reload in case of death. 9 times out of 10, you have 2 (TWO) turns to ensure your safety. If that's not enough, then you fucked up.

>I greatly underestimated the number of savages
There's still another village.

is the mutagen puzzle in DC necessary or can I beat Tchort without it?

>Funny you mention Tanner too since his entire neutrality policy is literally anarchy, but I guess he's also the only NPC you can use for your pseudoargument since everyone else dislikes tin cans.
lol, this dumbass things SGS is anarchic.

>Funny you mention Tanner too since his entire neutrality policy is literally anarchy
What the fuck am I reading?

you can beat him without it

>Tanner [...] is literally anarchy
LMAO

Tanner's policy is keeping SGS independent and having no involvement with big government bullshit, it's literally anarchism.
>B...BUT LE ANARCHY IS LE EBIN HOKUTO NO KEN WASTELAND
Dumbass.

I only made the previous post btw

But yes, you are an idealist because you see making even symbolic concessions as bootlicking.

A pragmatist would see the benefits of joining the united stations, and then do it the right way to avoid the actual drawbacks, like loss of independence.

An idealist like you though, wouldn't be able to stand even seeing their flag on your station.
Just admit what you are, you idealistic idealist.

Fuck. How many of these savages must I kill before they stop attacking the camp? Thank god for Dude and his Juice, I can make a quick stop back at Core City before then.

>A pragmatist would see the benefits of joining the united stations
Sure, if there were any.

It's not. SGS is its own governemnt, you fucking retard. You literally become a SGS citizen in the opening cutscene. It's not anarchism at all. Jesus Christ, you are such a fucking retard. I thought the summer kiddies all went back to school already.

Yahota will say there's no activity from the north when you've killed enough

>How many of these savages must I kill before they stop attacking the camp?
Every last one of them.

>Military protection
>fair trade deals
>increased access to trade routes all the way to the south
>backing of local currency
>status and maximum independence if you sided with the black eels
you fucking retard

>It's not. SGS is its own governemnt, you fucking retard.
SGS is a self-governed settlement, not a government, you think Camp Hathor is a "government" too?

1. Trade
2. Eliminating the gangs that roam everywhere beyond the reach of any one station
3. Forming alliances with the other independently minded stations to prevent further centralization within the united stations.

SGS has a government, as does camp hathor
idiot

>SGS is a self-governed settlement
A democracy, yes.
>you think Camp Hathor is a "government" too?
Yes it is. No matter how small, it is its own government. They have rules, a small legal hierarchy, and operate in their own interests

anarch brainlets, i fucking swear

You're forgetting that the United Stations is owned by Protectorate, which is owned by an autocratic militarist half-cyborg Apex-Technocrat.

>Military protection
>wanting "protection" from the organization known for mercilessly slaughtering people for no reason

Attached: 1461785586565.png (400x400, 7K)

The game already gives you that information though dialogue without messing with immersion at all. Several characters tell you that Depot A is a mutant filled death trap. You're told about the acid spitting, the turrets, the random traps laying everyone, and the dogs packs beforehand if you talk to the junkyard residents. I really don't like the idea that just slapping a toggle on something makes sidestepping design decisions okay.

Yeah, the timed invasions don't happen if you're out of Black Sea area as far as I'm aware. Make sure you've done Dude's quest line before expedition so you'll have an easy way to travel between vanilla and expansion areas.

You're also forgetting SGS' military ensures they can get practically whatever they want. The protectorate can't easily move its troops through the waterways or the rail against SGS. It's easier to comply than try to wave your dick around for the sole purpose of dickwaving.

Someone's been reading drone propaganda again. Corrupt military officials occasional do those things and order shady shit but you can have them investigated. For every one of them, there's a Cathcart.

is it possible to stack molotovs?
I just threw two napalms on top of eachother and i think the flames got stronger
so is stacking 2 magnesiums actually the way to go?

yup, until you get napalm

Their dirty deeds are well known in the South, you don't have to talk to Free Drones to hear about it. Even Tanner mentions that SGS citizens are at risk because they worked for organizations in the past that Protectorate deemed as enemies.

>SGS has a government
No, the closest things SGS has that qualify as a government is its own currency and a small military force, of which only the former is actually important.
Camp Hathor has not even its own currency so it's even less of a "government" than SGS, do you also think boy scouts are a government because you have a chief scout, retard?
Literally the first thing the drones tell you about their own view of Anarchy is a decentralized system of settlements where everyone is on fair terms with each other with no big nanny state telling them what to do or imposing rules on them, which is precisely what Protectorate wants.
If you truly think Anarchism as a social ideology is the complete lack of any possible rule you're a massive underage moron who never opened a book, and this is going beyond the game's context.

For the average person, the bad that comes with the protectorate is way less of an issue than the bad that comes from gangs and bandits.

>which is owned by an autocratic militarist half-cyborg Apex-Technocrat.
???

>Someone's been reading drone propaganda again
Never found that oddity, bre, unlike some other actual propaganda.

Attached: hmmm.png (360x49, 23K)

My biggest beef with starting Underrail for the first time was that the game doesn't mention any concrete numbers for some vital gameplay features, like STR requirements for weapon and armor types or how much AP cost reduction DEX actually gives for light weapons. Just some vague "it affects these things", but we're talking about a game where every stat point counts and you only get the above info only after you've created the character and actually play or looked that shit up in the wiki.

>For the average person
The average zoner is completely unaware of the shit the protectorate is hiding, just like they have no idea that Tchortists venerate a Akira tier abomination made up of old scientists thrown in a vat.

Well maybe not now, but in a 100 years when they unite all of Underrail it will become even more of a shithole than it is today.

>crit smg build
>trying to exterminate natives
>have to go back and buy a couple hundred more bullets every 2 screens i clear
DC is going to be hell

my theory is that when Everard asks you if Todor leaked info, if you answer "I dont know" or "he's alright" then you are off dean's list

It wouldn't. The north is a fucking paradise in comparison to the south.

I think that's fine though there's nothing wrong with restarting
once you know what's ahead you can get back there really fast but this time you're way more efficient with your resources and have a better idea of what to plan for

Yeah, you go ahead and pick up that can while I stick my 2 dicks into 2 Junkyard hookers at the same time.

>"he's alright"
I always say I dont think he talked

who is dean?

when did we get poltical retards in these threads?

at the very least, whenever drone vs tincan discussions popped up, there wasn't anyone who actually took the drone idea of anarchism seriously

I answered "I don't know" and got the follow up.

If the game's lore is to be believed we'd have far bigger problems than Melek's regime in 100 years given how food resources are dwindling, let alone other problems like pollution, muties and shit.

>nothing wrong with restarting
other than the couple hours lost you mean?

How do you get the trade deal?

i said he's alright or didn't talk or whatever. i'm 99% sure i said that the last time. regardless, i'm playing the game through on this character without those ayy nerds.

Talk with Razor after they kidnap the professor.

if you want to view it that way sure
I think learning isn't wasting time though which is what you're doing going through the first time

>there wasn't anyone who actually took the drone idea of anarchism seriously
And then we discovered people actually take Protectorate's idea of autocracy seriously, really makes me think.

Does the Coretech merchant sell psionic stuff?

Yes.

cool thanks

I mean come on, how long have we been down there? Like 500 years? Food is not a problem, no one is eating pre-war shit anymore. Just eat mutants lol.

No one gives a shit about that because it doesn't really matter. Melek will die one day, civil war will erupt, and SGS will likely stay out of it being in the deep south. In that time, may as well get what they can from it.

Yeah, quite good stuff too, you can easily find 150 quality parts with good mercantile.

>Just eat mutants lol.
Uhh... I don't think that's such a good idea, user...

They didn't give me safe passage, they just gave me the professor back, i was still shot on sight

You didn't talk enough about the ruins then.

What, you don't want 2 dicks?

You're pretty dumb my dude. How do you back up a currency without a military? The State comes before the issuance of currency. You can't say SGS has no government but also has its own currency and military force. The military force is most likely the only reason they have a currency at all. By the way, the orderly hierarchy of designated positions and delegated authorities is in-fact a government. SGS just happens to have a shitty government, but a government nonetheless.

Then you fucked up there son.

>No one gives a shit about that because it doesn't really matter
The systematic slaughter of innocents matters a lot more to me than some blue paper, comrade.
I'd rather avoid having the equivalent of the gray army in Underrail altogether if I had a choice.

Attached: 1560086233158.jpg (1024x698, 65K)

Did he? You should genocide both pirates and savages.

Not on my face.

>The systematic slaughter of innocents matters a lot more to me than some blue paper, comrade.
Fair enough. That's why you gas the terrorists - to stop those raids on civilian trains, to stop these "people" from tying up innocent souls to railroad tracks, killing complete bystanders at random.

is there any way of getting to the black sea without offering aegis sec help?

>How do you back up a currency without a military?
Military has nothing to do with currency whatsoever, in fact all settlements in Underrail have their own militia, but outside of SGS all have coins as currency.

>to stop these "people" from tying up innocent souls to railroad tracks
Where is the proof? You don't see any sign of such aggression if you join them. No one jokes about it, no one talks about it, no one organizes or suggests anything like it, or even makes any comment that could be taken as a threat against regular folks.
Meanwhile.

Attached: nothing to see here, citizen.png (1669x271, 27K)

How much fortitude does one need to reliably resist stuns? Is it worth making Infused Bison Leather to help with that?

>Fair enough. That's why you gas the terrorists
Is that what you keep telling yourself at night before going to sleep after gassing civilian "dissidents", tin can?
The drones didn't exist before the Protectorate for a reason.

Steal a jet.

More fire, more happiness

jet there banga

I've been doing stupid shit in fallout 2 again instead of playing Underrail.
Just doesn't have the same quality art style as fallout and the soundtrack is somehow a lot worse than NEOScavenger

I'm sure gameplay is solid, but sometimes you need better presentation

Attached: FALLOUT2_2019-08-30_13-31-15-20.png (1920x1080, 694K)

where would i even steal a jet? The core cit docks are locked and i rather not aggro the entire place

Time to make a shitty smash/Redd*t/twitter screencap/wojak-pepe/console war thread like everyone else

Port Zenith, kill the cans.

Doesn't that make all cans hostile on sight?

Alright guys, tell me about this game. I see it posted here all the time. Is it like fallout?

>The drones didn't exist before the Protectorate for a reason.
Raiders, thugs, cut-throats were always around, user. Before and after the Protectorate. It's just that some of them hide behind cute ideologies now, while doing the exact same thing they always did.

Nope. Just Port Zenith.

>soundtrack is somehow a lot worse than NEOScavenger
How to delete someone else's comment.

Where is that?

lying jewish trash

Drones are at odds with all bandit elements. They are caring people who want to protect their homelands from the biggest group of raiders in underrail.

>It's just that some of them hide behind cute ideologies now
I agree, the Protectorate should really stop pretending they're anything but highly organized and budgeted barbarians.

>Drones are at odds with all bandit elements.
They wouldn't be bandits if they didn't turn on their former "allies."

what happens if you go to aegis camp without starting the expedition first

You get extra choking from papa Briggs.

Daddy Briggs deletes your savefile for sequence-breaking. But not before choking you.

Remember the warehouse where Gorsky sends you to steal shield emitters? Go in there and head west.

Srs?

>Gorsky
Wtf does he do after taking the bandit camp back?

Sits on his ass doing nothing.

He just chills with Dan and fucks Sneaky once in a while, cry himself to sleep and get drunk on cheap rootbeer while bitching about the cans.

They warn you to stay away and become hostile if you get too close.

>and fucks Sneaky once in a while
About her...

F

be a dumbshit ape gang leader, of course

fucking treacherous traitor ass bitch

Seriously, fuck that Northern Nigger cybernetic ape and his bitch fucker ways.

You know which faction was created from gangs? I'll give you a hint, it wasn't the Free Drones.

I just love how having high INT allows you to absolutely shittalk him in most of his dialogue prompts.

Reminder.

Attached: 1564416859006.jpg (2518x1024, 667K)

South Gate Station?

post your throwing crafting stash

Attached: 20190902131613_1.jpg (1920x1080, 251K)

Among others, though it was a mix. Unlike a certain other faction.

And he goes retard ape after every one.

I use core city barrels, that along with dude juice and is pretty much a safe and covenient way of getting dosh

He's a norf, it's only natural.

Umm
Grim Jetters?

wait do the rifts allow you to get out of DC freely thereby basically breaking the last part of the game

no

No, the only rift near DC is by the exit elevator at the top of the ride.

Absolutely. Know anyone else?

Black Eels!

Charons are also backed up by a military- a much more powerful, sophisticated military. Coinage was first utilized by governments as a means of supplying tokens of redemption for their armed forces, and eventually citizenry. There is a reason why, since before the days of Rome, the larger a nations army became the more debased the currency. We know for instance that Roman coinage was directly tied to the value of wheat, which Romans were technically paid in- yet Legionaries aren't hauling around 70 bundles of wheat.

No no no, the Black Eels are A gang, not made of many! Geez, user.

Well, actually, under Silas they became a crime-fighting organization of like-minded, upstanding... well, gang members.

How many options are there and how high of an INT stat do I need?

So is there any particularly bad consequence for blowing out the Zone Rats and Gorsky after assisting them? Gorsky is sort of a punk bitch and I can't recall if his gang assists in resisting the Protectorate's push to control south underrail. I make sure to fuck over, but not Gas the Free Drones, and I don't officially sign up to do Protectorate Quests either- I avoid Fort Apogee generally because I do not want to assist in their push to South Underrail. At the same time, I want to fuck Gorsky for fucking SGS.

Let them die during the crawler fight. For some reason, they're counted as part as SGS so the station turns hostile towards you.

You get the aggro of SGS. Not fucking optimal. Not at all.

Attached: laughing eel.jpg (750x1000, 196K)

If I'm loving the shit out of my acid chucking chemical gun is it a dumb-ass idea to take the feat that lets you ignore acid pools/caltrops? I mean I'm leaving these things everywhere, but at the same time wasting a feat to avoid a minor inconvenience seems stupid to me.

that is not as bad of a feat as you might think

What is the best ending and why is it integrating in the United stations, having Gorsky die or killed, and kicking Vera's ass out to get gangraped by gangsters?

becoming the God Emperor of SGS and uniting all of South Underrail peoples under one banner

>kicking Vera's ass out to get gangraped by gangsters
That sounds like crap. Kick her ass out into my house, so I can dominate her there.

What's the recommended order for doing the Rail Crossing/Core City/Camp Hauthor quests you get when the Faceless first show up?

A few depending on the dialogues, some of which need higher INT scores I presume, the entire black sea has quite a few INT related options, from Briggs to the Ferryman, the Philosophy feat being perhaps the most important INT thing you can get out of the black sea.
I often have a 10 INT base, I think that's what you need for all the dialogue options, or maybe you just need 9, haven't really tested it.

Attached: choking meter rising.png (1920x1080, 1.96M)

neattt, I can always count on my laziness to point me the way
I guess I could just craft some acid resist armor too.

>no ending where you go west and live among the slavs

Not possible unfortunately. Wish you could aid Rail Crossing in the Protectorate's place, negotiate an alliance with the Foundry, and use that traitor fuck Gorsky for something useful but nooo.

I'm fine with being the station with the biggest dick in the protectorate tho.

Core City for free oddities
Foundry for free oddities

Either do Rail Crossing or Foundry

It's the secret Kokoschka ending, only available if you have an iron man file on Dominating using only 5mm silenced pistols.

camp hathor is the easiest to start with in terms of difficulty
the rest of them in whatever order is fine though doing foundry before rail crossing is nice for keeping a merchant alive though

How do I not get raped by plasma spiders?

Wonder if I should have 10 INT and 8 con for a pure psi this time around on DOMINATING for MAXIMUM lore.

It is kinda pissy they somehow magically know they died and i killed them, i know styg did this for balancing issues but i wish he had the balls not

*laughs in ultrawide*

You mean plasma sentries?
The main defense is, dont let them shoot you.
EMP nades are your friend, HE comes second, throwing nets to inmobilize them.
If using guns, use armor piercing rounds.
If crossbows, use shockbolts
If hammer, get tichrome gear set and bum rush them while stunned by EMP
If knife, you die.

But the main defense against plasma sentries are energy shields.
Against energy type of attacks, you will need high or very high shield generators.

Why are defense skills so shit?

where get good leathers
also cant find faceless anywhere in sewer or nearby there are sooo many ways to go and there's no map it just shows the mega city icon thing
is there a map somewhere

Because they're random.

Is thermodynamicity good?

>HE comes second,
You'll want EMP and Plasma nades against mechanical enemies, HE will only do shitty heat damage while the plasma sentry laughs behind its mechanical damage resistance.
Unless you're a Sniper with armor piercing rounds.

Any leather's a good leather when you get access to super steel

>where get good leathers
Camp hathor.
Leaving by the SGS cave exit, TNT open the rock blockades and keep going east.
>also cant find faceless anywhere in sewer
There are no faceless in sewers
>is there a map somewhere
Press M

Almost all metathermic feats are shit. Get Cyrogenic Induction if you want to SHATTER people tho

user, we have to same he's a newcomer and he's still on the base game content, plasma nades are not a thing for him yet

>not abusing crykinetic orb
mfw

they only have 26qual leather for me
checked multiple times different real time hours

>see guys up ahead
>bait them with stealth attack
>they bunch up behind a gate
>psionic mania, premeditation, fireball crit
>at least 100 damage on each guy
>on their turn they all pop 2 hypos and an adrenaline shot
>full health again
bros... this can't be

Then hunt beasts then.
What leathers you're looking for?

Where is the mutagen D5 in the bunker? I'm just walking in circles and I want to gas the anarchs asap

So you're saying thermodynamicity is good?

Attached: dandy.jpg (640x360, 95K)

the abandoned bunker near the hanging rat?
Iirc it's in the eastern wing of the building in the freezer chamber.

Past a room with frozen hunchback mutants
Have fun

Is there any reason to make a headband with one of thos move boosters?

I'm retarded, couldn't see the door in the freezer room.

TIME FOR WAR CRIMES

about that room
how are they not dying
i cryogassed the muties in dude's apartment

And thanks for pointing the room out

It's better for hybrids than pure psi.

Like if you're a hammer wizard, just boost telekinetic punch you hardly care about the damage from anything else.

>if you tell Dan to go to Gorky before asking about the shop you are locked out of it
Arigato, Shutiggu-sama

Attached: pileofcatsab.jpg (535x700, 475K)

Isn't Magnar supposed to become a ghost when you kill him?

Yes
You just wait a sec

>how are they not dying
Ask Styg.

all q50+
someone wrote faceless animals have good skins
but i only found the ones near drill where old gangster chills
i have infused rathound and im looking at my nimble perk that says you get -15% armor pen. is that calculated into the sum that shows on the armor or do i just take 15% away and i get extra dodge?
i dont wanna add bomb/kev cloth if even with armor sloping i cant hit 15% and below armor penalty on chest. im on first playthrough so i dont know if evasion is good for dlc or endgame stuff if i should just put the best defensives in it
so far crossbowers dont miss

i have killed lots of beasts that respawn
siphoners that respawn near water
dunno where pigs respawn or are after the caveclearing under sgs
sadly my droprates been 20% for a skin and mostly theyre q14-30
sry for blog

>ethereal torch
uh
is the rest of the game a joke now
this thing seems incredibly powerful

You will regret killing Faceless later in game