PlayStation 5 prototype

This is one of 6 prototypes of the PS5 presented recently to head executives at SIE. Note that these are prototypes for the final, consumer version of the console and not for the development kit that was leaked over a week ago.

Final design will be chosen very soon and manufacturing for the system is expected to start sometime in the first half of 2020 for a worldwide release in autumn of that year.

More images will be posted on this thread.

Attached: ps5-7-768x681.jpg (768x681, 17K)

Other urls found in this thread:

jugamerlandia.com/se-filtra-posible-diseno-de-playstation-5/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Attached: ps5-6.jpg (1366x768, 32K)

Why can't Sony make a good looking console anymore? It took some time for the base PS4 to grow on me but the Pro just looks stupid.

Will it have two ethernet ports?

>tfw no ps5 with ps2 homage
It‘s not fair bros

I like the hexagon look but it's too similar to the PS4. Fake.

Please give us a closeup of that stupid stand.

What is this a retardogon shape?

I wouldn’t mind if it looked like that but I don’t believe leaks no matter how credible they are, especially when it comes to games so I guess we’ll see.

The PS4 looks way better than the PS2 did.

they never looked good, the only reason you care for older ones is because of nostalgia

not that they looked bad either, just normal I guess? And this is the same thing

The front of the console sports a disc drive and two usb-c ports. Dualshock 5 will support usb-c too so any usb-c charger and/or other usb-c accessories will be compatible with the controller.

Attached: ps5-4-768x432.jpg (768x432, 10K)

nowadays don't even need to interact with the console anyway, wireless controller powers it on to play digital games

you can just go ahead and hide it behind the TV out of reach or something, so how it looks doesn't even matter

So weird with the cut corners. Why?

Looks like a monolite. Lit. Considering the long date transhuman angle Sony wants to use in order to penetrate the hyper capitalist markets, looks pretty cool.

Attached: 2001-monolith-apes.jpg (650x335, 41K)

Yeah nice perspective on that misaligned Sony logo, so believable.

It looks good, much better than most shitty mockups

>generic looking black box
>good looking

Any usb-c accessory (ie external hard drives) work with the console as well

Attached: ps5-5.jpg (855x768, 22K)

I've never owned a Playstation console in my life (though that will probably change by April). I just don't like the look of the PS4 Pro. I actually like the look of the PS1, PS2(all models), PS3(Slim and Super Slim), base PS4, and PS4 Slim.

>let's get hype about a console that'll do barely 1080p 60fps when we already have computers that do 4k 240fps

Y-yay...

Attached: Daily reminder that consoles are holding back video games.webm (718x404, 899K)

Are we to believe that the DS5 will still have that shitty touchpad that was used by 0.00003% of the PS4's library?

Designer here, it's the break the monotonous "boxy" design.
AKA: It's bullshit to make it look "cool" for retards.

please christ let the dualshock 5 just be the 4 again

its not my favorite controller but i dont trust sony to make a change to the design for one fucking second. itll either make it far worse than the 4 or itll be the same but with a new "feature" no fucking game except until dawn 2 will use thatll make the controller 75 dollars. i swear to god if it has fucking hd rumble im buying an xbox one-two

Daily reminder that those expensive AAA games would never even get made without consoles to support them. PC exclusives are all made for Intel HD cards since discrete GPUs are a small minority of the market.

>he said as he posted a video that was pre-rendered at 1 frame per minute

>Daily reminder that those expensive AAA games would never even get made without consoles to support them.
You make this sound like a bad thing. And thats odd considering the vast majority of them have been trash for almost a decade.

Only thing they should change is replacing the touchpad with a proper select button.

The PS2 was an uglier generic black box.

Yes because using 100% GPU usage on water simulation means anything

Attached: ps5-3-768x432.jpg (768x432, 11K)

>the development kit that was leaked over a week ago.
But that was proven fake, OP. You should have researched that before making your own stupid fake leak. Nice try, though.

No it isn't. That shape is fucking stupid from every possible design standpoint, especially engineering.

Is that car made of cum yes or no

I don't think I'll get a PS5, but if the controller is usb-c, I'll probably get that. Hate the micro-usb on DS4 so much (currently have the wire taped to my DS4 so it doesn't move and randomly disconnect).

Assuming there's no major fuckup with the DS5 anyway and it's usable on PC (I don't even mind the touchpad, I use it as 6 shortcut buttons depending on where I press it, and register them as keypresses).

This will be a great place to play the 0 games they have in the works!

The shit you posted wouldn't render on 15/16 of gaming PCs, much less in real time.

jugamerlandia.com/se-filtra-posible-diseno-de-playstation-5/

It's some article written in March by some third world website.

Why can't they just make it a fucking box? Sony TVs aren't fucking trapezoids or whatever that shit is with the cut off corners.

PS2 looks nice, don't know why you retards are saying that it isn't.

Attached: image.jpg (1465x1953, 160K)

getting rid of that seems unlikely because there are games that require the touchpad to play.

the alternative is having backwards compatibility with an asterisk. leading to

>backwards compatibility
>"b...but not every game.."
false advertising.

why isnt it a pentagon? are they retarded?

you could have a double wammy by having a V shape within it

Looks exactly the same as a ps4 but with corners cut off you retard

How is that better looking than the PS4, or any other PS console for that matter? I think it's the best PS console by a country mile, but it's always been pretty ugly.

it essentially became the select button plus if it's going to be backwards compatible with all ps4 games including the shitty launch ones it's going to need it.

KEK they're planning on making it a demonic symbol. uhh you guys enjoy, i guess, but i wouldn't advise on it

It will most likely also have a camera.

>those expensive AAA games would never even get made without consoles to support them
Sounds based, when can we get rid of consoles?

Well fuck you guys are probably right. I hope they at least make it a bit smaller and make the start button a tad bigger or at least easier to press, that was always my singular gripe about the DS4 despite it being one of my favorite controllers.

>the ps2 wasn't a generic black box
The blind shouldn't use the internet to shitpost

Attached: 1541814918318.gif (202x360, 1.84M)

Do you want fancy graphics or not? Which one is it faggot? PC exclusives are all low-spec shit.

if it was a GOOD touchpad I'd be happy with it, it's great for the mouse on PC when you're on the couch and the actual mouse isn't nearby

problem with DS4 is that the touchpad is garbage, at most it's useful as extra buttons like

I don't give a fuck about graphics, if no consoles means no AAA shit then sign me the fuck up.

I'd rather wait for the tech to become cheaper. But I also want cancer AAA publishers to die and axeing consoles are the best way to do that.

1) it's ugly
2) nobody stands up their console. it will always lie flat. No TV cupboard offers standing up space and no I don't want to put it on top of the cupboard behind my TV

those cut off corners annoy me.

I think it would look better if the fronts were flat instead of rigged

just put some decoration in the corner, if you're a raging weeb it's the perfect spot for a anime figurine

>That moment you first realized you could turn the logo sideways so it looks good when your ps2 is sitting upright

Attached: arska sihauttaa.jpg (660x559, 78K)

based sont dabbing on asymetrical stick plebs

Attached: 1538298884942.png (998x400, 91K)

I'll bite, any word on what it will cost? PS4 was $400 at launch, guessing ps5 will be at lest $500? In a year's time the fucking tariffs might still be around so a little higher than that maybe I guess?

Is it really that strange? Sony's been cutting corners for years now.

Sony is planning to have the PS5 and future playstation products manufactured in southeast Asia to avoid possible tariffs from the US. The price will stay at $499 because of that

Thanks for the reply. A mere $100 increase sounds pretty damn reasonable for next gen honestly for all we've heard about it. Are a lot of those rumors still true say about its specs?

>those cut off corners annoy me.
I'm going to assume that's where the buttons will be.