Ahem

Ahem.

FUCK TURN-BASED GAMEPLAY
FUCK JRPGS
FUCK MULATTOS

AND MOST OF ALL,
FUCK Yakuza ThreadS

Attached: 1558739008813.jpg (595x513, 156K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=j3NAc6KPljc
youtube.com/watch?v=StCOOaXmQi4
youtube.com/watch?v=ZGkO4-7FAYI
vocaroo.com/i/s0ZA4P0JTwon
dojimasdragongirl.wordpress.com/2019/08/30/details-on-ryu-ga-gotoku-7s-battle-system-from-yokoyama/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Attached: 1557099098508.png (814x1011, 298K)

>mfw you are all getting worked by the turn based combat.

Attached: Victor.jpg (1080x980, 258K)

Sober up kyodai

I like you, this might actually be a good thread.

>wanting to replace the intense, engaging action beat 'em up gameplay with Persoyna turn based faggotry
Compare Senator Armstrong's fight with Shido from P5 and come back to me and say which one feels more like a final boss. I'll wait.

Attached: DwHJulrUYAApuGU.jpg (1920x1080, 193K)

Let's be fair about this, the combat was never the main appeal of Yakuza, good as it was.

Attached: 20181205202140_1.jpg (1920x1080, 297K)

This garbage is no better than JRPGs.
Neither have any gameplay.

>the combat was never the main appeal of Yakuza
>thinks gay shit that the cucked and compromised localization team forced is what the main appeal is
Go dilate, fujo.

Pic related, the head director of the "team".
Fujos are being pandered to and these faggots know how to make a buck. More than half of the gay shit in the games are a joke.

Attached: fyvpul3mwg231.jpg (1164x176, 34K)

meh, I never really gave a shit about the gameplay in those games

BTW can we talk about the western title "Yakuza : Like a dragon" ?

Do they expect this to bomb so hard they won't have to name Yakuza 8 ? this will be so confusing in the future

who gives a shit god damn

I think it's going to be the last game, and how the fanbase looks atm, good. Let it die so we can enjoy threads about the games again.

Dilate

Attached: 68776060_664310894048614_1781777052580446208_o.jpg (1081x600, 30K)

>he browses twitter
>I'm the one who should dilate

lol

I heard of this through Yea Forums, dumbass. This isn't about Twitter, it's about the jackasses who hijacked our games.

They literally created a spin off series (Judgement) set in Kamurocho with typical Yakuza combat just so they can continue milking that model while they're changing things up with the next actual Yakuza game.

Not saying it's fine that they decided to do this but it's not the end of the world, some of you retards are overreacting.

Is Majima, dare I say it... /ourhusbando/?

Attached: 20190828001611_1.jpg (1920x1080, 359K)

I've been a yakuza fan since 1 and I'm looking forward to 7. If it doesn't work out, they'll go back to the old formula right quick. I doubt most of the fags here complaining have even played more than 0 and the kiwamis.

Nah, seeing a man get bashed into a wall with blood splatter was what got me into the first game.

baste

Attached: Perfect Loop Kiwami.webm (896x512, 1.19M)

It sucks that its turn based now but ill probably play it in bed using my vita.

Sober up kyodai

Yakuza Kiwami 3-6 with turn based combat when?????

I still think it's an out of season April's fool joke. There is no way they are changing it that drastically and then call it 7. Turn based should be spin off like that shooter game.

>that shooter game
Hey, Dead Souls was good

Attached: 1534780677261.png (828x720, 599K)

Just port Dead Souls and give it modern tps controls. Thats all I fucking ask.

Attached: weedjima.jpg (1147x1200, 140K)

This. It was a very fun game, just unoptimized as shit and the framerate would literally just die. Not to mention the AI was fucked. But damn, a Yakuza zombie game? Genius.

Attached: 1563687248014.jpg (400x226, 52K)

I love Goro Majima!

Attached: 20190901232543_1.jpg (1920x1080, 237K)

he's mine for sure

Attached: 1549839740136.jpg (1000x1280, 265K)

i'm still getting it since everything else looks good.

I saw him first!

Attached: 1551319793894.png (731x882, 855K)

playing Kiwami 2 right now. Not as good as I was expecting. This series peaked with Y0, which is literally the only good game in the series.

Attached: 1545593903563.jpg (590x550, 34K)

(you)

0 is the best one and Kiwami 2 is the worst one. Keep going. Or play the original PS2 version of 2. It's much better.

they should've used that series for this turn based shit.
i like the regular yakuza stuff more without the garbage detective mechanics like tailing.

I just fucking wanted a game where we finally get to play as Ryuji Goda that's NOT a shooter game...

Like damn, they could've just made something like Yakuza: Golden Dragon, where we get to play Ryuji as he's rising up and being known as the Dragon.

Hell, I'd be fine with a Goro Memejima game.

Turn based RPG game is the last thing I expected. Now I kinda know how Call Of Dutyfags felt when Infinite Warfare was revealed.

Attached: Ryuji pissed.jpg (640x360, 26K)

Fuck bro, I love Majima as a character and would love another Majima game that isn't Dead Souls (because let's be honest that was HIS game) but a Ryuji game is something I've been wanting since 2. I loved playing as him in Dead Souls too.

Attached: 67736256_10212675299671950_4641091112587493376_n.jpg (240x231, 10K)

How can turn-based combat even compete?

Attached: Yakuza God Tier Convenient Store Combat.webm (852x480, 2.98M)

Holy shit, that's wild. Reminds me of the movie where Kiryu beats up the Yakuza in Don Quijote.

Attached: 1476840202276.webm (446x384, 599K)

>Sober up kyodai

Attached: 1518989794239.jpg (750x750, 71K)

FUCK KUSOGE ITCHYBUM

Attached: trash.jpg (984x571, 148K)

FUCKING BASED

I’m playing Zero right now and I just got to start playing as Majima. I’m loving the story but when does the gameplay get good? All I’ve done is a bunch of errands and goofy bullshit. For as much as people have been bitching about the new game being a JRPG, at least it has something going on

honestly looks like he'll be more enjoyable than kiryu

Go fuck yourself

You either like the gameplay or you don't. The appeal for me was just how ridiculous heat actions are like the one where he grabs a guy's head with both his fists, jumps while holding him still, and slams him into his knee.

>This garbage is no better than JRPGs.
>Neither have any gameplay.

Attached: tumblr_phbckppJ7x1rvexnz_540.jpg (540x760, 50K)

don't be rude to ichi, he is trying his best

>the combat was never the main appeal of Yakuza
Wrong. The combat was the ONLY reason to play Yakuza.

Attached: Yakuza - Crazy combat.webm (640x360, 2.97M)

Gameplay doesn't get better; you're literally mashing your way through battles. The game is designed for boomers that prefer side stories and mini-games.

>same everything
sometimes i'm not sure what's going on here

The combat was fucking awesome. Kicking bitches shit in never got old, granted the music and story helped drive those urges.

The gameplay got good the second you put in the disc.

Attached: Yakuza - Crazy combat 4.webm (1280x720, 2.8M)

I know this post is bait to help drive conversation but what constitutes "going on" for a game nobody has even played yet? Genuinely curious.

I've never played any game in this series.
Convince me to play one Yea Forums.

Attached: 1560222789434.jpg (468x306, 11K)

do it if you wanna

No

maybe

The combat is god tier.

Attached: Yakuza - Black Umbrella.webm (960x540, 2.88M)

reminder not to reply to >476385793

Attached: ACfag.jpg (1213x362, 119K)

Turn-based > shallow brawler

To be fair Shido wasn't even the actual final boss
Most JRPGs end with massive beings like Gods because it's the only way to make the fight feel intense with the gameplay

What game introduced y0u to the yakuza series?
For me it was Yakuza 4, and it was a blast

can we have one thread were we actually discuss what they've shown/talked about.
getting real fucking tired of every thread devolving into cunts bickering over whether this change is superior or not.

>combat is god tier
>posts webm of an attack triggered by a single button press
This is why turn based will be just fine

>gameplay is a 3d beat'em'up
>some over the top violence(heats)
>about japanese mobs
>Mark Hamill is a voice

Yeah, whatever.
Yakuza was always a niche, but a nice one. 0 got a huge boost which made it popular in the west because PS4 was lacking exclusives and it was first game to be truly market with paid youtuber reviewers, which was a good thing but after 1 main game and 2 Kiwami games they killed with jrpg that should have been used in Judgement instead.

Akiyama >Yagami > Kiryu = Majima > Everyone Else >>>>>>>>> shit >>>>>>>>> Kusoge

Attached: 1562961667537 (1).png (1251x644, 958K)

We'll probably still get heat actions anyway which is the only really good part of the combat
I don't see the problem

damn, shit taste.

There's not much to talk about in a 15 second shit quality clip

The Heat Actions are the icing n the gameplay cake, the little side show and chance to take a breather. Turn based will have none of that flair or cuhrayzee moments.

Attached: Ryuu.ga.Gotoku.full.2294873.png (1186x578, 265K)

>Turn based will have none of that flair or cuhrayzee moments.
It will have the same heat actions

>side show
Nah
Spamming punches and kicks over and over to get to the actually fun part (heat moves) has always been how it worked

damn fujo, get out of my fucking thread.

>New Sakura Taisen is now an action game
>Yakuza 7 is now a turn based RPG
What's going on within Sega?

Based op

How will turn-based gameplay not have that when skills are Heat Actions? It's very clear that's how they'll be used, and if it's not that then there's definitely going to be some way to trigger them at the very least considering Dead Souls had Heat Sniping as a thing.

>get the sakura taisen fans playing yakuza and the yakuza fans playing sakura taisen
>swap genres back in the next games
>increased fans for both games
GENIUS

it's going to be fucking weird if they immediatly go back to the beat em up gameplay in the next entry (which is probably years away, since mainline entries don't come out frequently anymore)
they really should've made judgment the spinoff for this.

Sober up kyodai

Attached: 1562013400295.jpg (638x632, 42K)

Men showing skin makes me a fujo? In a Yakuza thread?

That's what I mean, it's the little satisfying surprise to end the fight.

Attached: 001.jpg (1280x720, 327K)

>little satisfying
You mean big satisfying
It's the only reason I can stomach the trash combat in the Dragon engine games.

so do we know anything about yokohama?
i saw some posts saying that it's supposed to be 3 times the size of kamurocho, but i dunno if they're pulling that out of their ass or not.

nigga you gay

Well, I'm not even going to defend the DE. That's a clusterfuck. Yet, Judge Eyes made it much more bearable than 6 or K2. The wall-jumping won me over.

You want more images, that's it right?

Attached: 1552329246194.gif (268x370, 2.43M)

>ACFag in Yakuza threads
What the fuck is this all about? I thought that nigger stuck to Metroid Threads. Is he now also fucking over Yakuza threads too?

no i would prefer if you stop actually

No, ACfag is a catch all boogeyman people use.

The best moment in the series is definitely the other protagonists finally getting together and running into Kiryu in the sewer and he turns into a raid boss

>ACfag
Holy shit, we got some "old"fags on here tonight.
Blast from the past.

Keep going, was that what you said?

Attached: 1535415649071.jpg (850x1022, 379K)

okay so you have a huge collection I get it you're a massive homo

>not Saejima v. Kiryu on the beach
It was oozing kino

Judgment is better than 0

What are your honest thoughts on this?

To me, it's baffling but I understand what they're trying to do. I just think they've chosen a bad time for this sort of a change.

Attached: Yakuza 7.webm (960x540, 2.59M)

Only in terms of story and gwaffix.

The best moment in the series was in 4 when you, the player, as Saejima faces someone that you have up to that point have always played as, Kiryu. Someone that you personally felt have upgraded, trained and matured along with as you played the first two games. And then he Tiger Drops _YOU_ into oblivion.

Attached: 1536616715050.png (293x393, 229K)

Attached: 1541637190224.jpg (400x546, 137K)

I have to say kiryu is quite an asshole to fight against. I really prefer doing all his flashy moves against others as opposed to having them done on me.

I just think it's stupid to slap a 7 on this when it may as well be a spin off and they already have a perfectly good one already in Judgement.
If Kiryu's arc is over at least, I guess it's bearable, but there's no appeal in the segmented gameplay of an ATB RPG when the focus has always been over the top action.

I couldn't give a shit about the combat since it's not what I play these games for, but I'm glad it will hopefully push a bunch of fair-weather bandwagoning faggots out of the fanbase.

Holy shit, nice taste. I just made a post about that.
>in terms of story
Wrong. 0 has the best story in the series. And as for graphics, Kiwami 2 is better.

Attached: 55833012_331828877687895_6388144162033631232_n.jpg (235x214, 8K)

can't say since that's only a 20 second clip of them slowly demonstrating it. going to have to wait till tgs to see more since they're being retarded about the whole thing and aren't showing an official trailer
>I just think they've chosen a bad time for this sort of a change.
i agree.
they're slapping it into a mainline entry when they should've tested it via a spinoff.
not worried about the rest of the game since this will probably be the only thing that's significantly different.

>the best story in the series.

Attached: Yakuza_2_JP_Box.jpg (662x945, 628K)

That's not a perfect loop, Kiryu's face ruins it.

Eh, I loved Ryuji but he was the only thing that kept me playing it.
The pacing is fucked, moreso than 5's and Kaoru felt forced as a love interest, she was just plain annoying. Should have been shot instead of Ryuji.

Attached: 1563822601091.jpg (512x512, 14K)

it is the perfect time to do it 6 was then end of Kiryu's story and 7 is a change of protags so why not gameplay styles to fit.

Who here watches TFR? (The Final Rumble)

Thoughts on what Majima's redemption arc will be like?

Attached: 1559954160568.jpg (1013x717, 284K)

>Wrong. 0 has the best story in the series. And as for graphics, Kiwami 2 is better.

imagine being this fucking wrong
0's story was fucking retarded with the lot and dumbass girl who got raped blind

also 6 looks better than K2 and J

Based

Attached: Maji1.webm (948x538, 2.75M)

I haven't before but I do now. I have no idea what's happening but it looks like art.

>yokoyama says the numbered series was kiryus saga, and it ended it with 6
>still call it 7
did they forget he said that or something?

>0 has the best story in the series

Yes, but Judgment (it's own series) has the best story of all the RGG games.

>yokoyama story
>good

my fucking sides

As retarded as it sounds, people can go blind from post-traumatic stress. 0 had the most realistic story, you can't change my mind.

Also made me cry like a bitch and still does when I hear that damn watch jingle.

Attached: HardTimes.png (1061x1574, 3.14M)

It's also their best game.

>so why not gameplay styles to fit.
Because the series is known to be of a certain gameplay style? You don't just release a Pokemon game and make it pinball and say it's the next mainline title. Hell, people are still pissed off Let's Go is considered a mainline Pokemon title and that changed less than what's being changed here. It's not that people don't want to try out RGG team's take on an RPG (Well, maybe some people are), it's that it's changing the main games to be of this style of gameplay. Why do it with a main story game when you lose nothing doing it with a spinoff? Then, if the spinoff goes well now you have your mainline solidified with normal gameplay and your spinoff succeeding with its own gameplay. Instead it's the opposite situation where the spinoff has the gameplay your main series is known for and your main series has new gameplay.

Holy fuck man, you are really a Yakuza connoisseur. Whats your honest opinion on 4/6.

Attached: Yak.jpg (1280x719, 264K)

I've never heard about it up until now and jesus fuck, I want Majima to win now.
It was Goro's turn, god dammit

Nigger wrote 4 and you're really gonna say that?

Attached: 20190729222140_1.jpg (1024x768, 144K)

It was really obvious she was going to see again but at least it wasn't as shoved in as Nakahara's daughter being made mute from trauma.

>0 had the most realistic story

Judgment is also realistic, only difference is it's not incredibly boring.

The over the top action parts are still there

They just don't care what he said. Titles with a number at the end more often sell better than subtitled games or full rebranding.

If you think 0 is better than Judgment, then you haven't played Judgment.

Attached: 1567383867400.jpg (364x348, 24K)

4 is one of the best simply because of Akiyama and the Kiryu boss fight on the beach/in the sewers. 6 is good but it feels rushed, as it was, and things feel a little forced to have closure.
Seeing Pocket Circuit Fighter made me tear up, real talk.

>dude it's fine they're going to make more judgment games
>judgment 2 comes out
>still has shitty detective stuff lke tailing missions and pointless investigation sequences that have nothing to do with the cases
no thanks

This.
Judgement is pure ludo.

Attached: Judgement - Cone attack.webm (1280x720, 2.81M)

Who the fuck seriously thinks 0 was boring? We had Majima going up against the entire Dojima family office, Kuze and being able to bro out with Nishki and fight shit with him. Not to mention having the most Kino karaoke songs.

Attached: 84596.6999999946_1502595303760.png (640x595, 339K)

I did, and I think Judgment is better.

Agreed, Im still surprised yakuza 5 was so shit despite the fact that it attempted the multiple protagonists like 4, very poorly executed

I have played Judgment. I think it is equal in kino levels with 0.

>We had Majima going up against the entire Dojima family office
You can't have played any of the other games if you count that as something to be excited about. That was one of the shittiest parts of that game.

sober up kyodai

>yakuza 5 was so shit
cringe and bluepilled

5 is the second best mainline game in the series behind 0.

hmmm very poor taste you have

>0
>The best
Bandwagoner spotted.

Attached: Truth about Yakuza.png (1984x2650, 990K)

He got his turn last episode. Next episode is gonna be fucking ludo.

Attached: shyvim2gm2g11.png (1000x1000, 556K)

change my mind, explain why.

Yeah, you really are just a contrarian then.

Attached: 0thinkingman.jpg (265x266, 16K)

>it's called yakuza 7 so it has to be the same as the games before it
>even though the story has nothing to do with the previous games

I played Kiwami before playing 0 so even though Kiwami just recycled everything from 0 I still enjoyed it a lot. Sank you for reading my brog.

>"Mom look, I posted the contrarian meme picture again! How many GBP does that earn me?"

Attached: 1536894241624.jpg (559x531, 35K)

Yakuza 0 is fun, combat is fun and heat moves are really fucking enjoyable to pull off. Story is good, and there's ton of side content. Definitely worth a try IMO.

you're welcome bitch

It was very good, sanks foh sharing, gaijin.

Shut the fuck up me imported kiwami before 0 was even announced to come to the west

Both are really good, it's hard to pick one. I think I like main story of 0 better though.

Then maybe it should be a spin-off like Judge Eyes.

Attached: 1563687434384.jpg (601x610, 31K)

>judgment
shit sux

I don't really feel like paying 80 leafbux for the remastered collection when I've already played 4. Is emulation of 3 and 5 good?

>even though the story has nothing to do with the previous games
Arakawa himself sold the Tojo Clan out to the Omi and you're not expecting Ichiban to meet Daigo at some point when Daigo went to Fukuoka to meet Kiryu and Ichiban's technically still in the Tojo Clan? The point of Judgement was to separate itself from the main series and stand on its own two feet while this game is literally called RGG7 and has to deal with high tier drama in both clans with Ichiban himself having a dragon tattoo.
Plus, if you're going to make this argument then why call it RGG7 if it has nothing to do with the main series? That's like calling the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon series Pokemon Sword and Pokemon Shield, having legendaries on the boxart, and then when you get into the game it's just Mystery Dungeon gameplay.

>FUCK MULATTOS
woah, hey, no, what did I do to you? All I want to do is play yakuzies

The pacing of them is ruined though, that's my entire point.

This. 6 is shit because the heatmoves are shits.

we don't know that yet

we do though, it'll suck

games not even out, and we haven't seen a full battle with this system yet.

you dont know that

You are a dirty brown man like Shittyban Kusogay

Attached: majima.png (790x609, 299K)

it'll suck the rotten smegma off my fat chode

Why is it so underrated?

Attached: 191043-yakuza-3-playstation-3-front-cover.jpg (800x920, 188K)

In the right settings, I think you can do 3 and 4 pretty well, but my experience was having them freeze every 10 minutes on average and having to watch the cutscenes on YT to rush to the next save point.
5 is impossible to beat the last I checked because it always freezes just after you leave the club in imagination land as Saejima, but that was a couple months ago so they may have fixed it now.

It feels like a Dreamcast game.

Okay then, give me a scenario given what we already know where it doesn't turn out that way.

Comes with the territory of being the worst non spinoff game in a great series.

>by far the most content (inb4 "hurr quantity over quality," there's very little actually bad content in 5 like Saejima's village section most of the content is quality)
>best combat
>best music
>best minigames
>clearly the team's most ambitious game, which to me counts for something
>Kiryu's entire section in Fukuoka is the single best part of any Yakuza game
I don't even think the story is outright bad, just not great either.

I'll probably just wait for a sale then. At least they didn't do some fucked up ripoff selling a ps3 game on next gen at anything lower than 60fps.

i can't since we haven't seen enough to know whether it will or will not turn out the way you're suggesting.

I'm excited for Ichiban's game. Been a fan since 2007, and considering how abysmal everything has been post 0, I welcome this change. Judgment was okay, but the combat was pretty crap. The wall-running was stupid/pointless, and Crane style was absolutely awful. Still had how clunky the combat was.

Attached: dude.jpg (1280x720, 220K)

>the worst non spinoff game

Attached: 550739-yakuza-6-the-song-of-life-playstation-4-front-cover.jpg (800x1006, 138K)

it isn't
the orphanage shit is fucking insufferable

6 is for sure better than 3, there's not even room for discussion.

>given what we already know
We've seen a whopping two moves (One being a skill and one being an attack). The April Fools footage is clearly edited together rather than being actual gameplay so at best that's a teaser for what's to come. We know next to nothing about the system behind the fights, if there's actual Heat Actions or if those are going to just be skills, we don't know if there's a system akin to Limit Breaks, we have no idea on any status effects, what equips do, etc. Everything is an assumption.

Which is why I enjoyed 4 a lot. Saejima vs Kiryu, Saejima vs Majima, Kiryu vs Tanimura and Akiyama were great
Tanimura's substories were great, Akiyama's chapter was great, Saejima had good boss fights and that dojo, Kiryu is Kiryu.

>had how
hated how*

That being said, fucking get rid of Yokoyama already.

Well then I guess I'll stick to my guns until more is revealed.

It's slow here for demonstration purposes, but I reckon they can make it super fun in the final game. I'm all for a realistic setting/graphics for a turn-based game.

I see, I thought it was all in real time and wasn't impressed. That said, I still don't have very high hopes for how this will turn out.

shove your guns up your ass

i honestly thought 6/K2 felt more responsive due to the faster combo speed, and much faster ending animations.

good fuck off then autist

K2 felt pretty good IMO. Just got get rid of constant combo breaks from blocks. Ruins the flow.

It's turn-based, there's a bar at the bottom-left, but as we saw in the April Fools footage it seems like you'll be able to mess with the environment in some manner. In the gameplay footage we see people wandering around aimlessly so we have no idea how that's going to work. Really, everything until TGS is just speculation.

The clip I've seen is long enough to tell me it's slow as fuck and boring.
Did you see how much those retards were awkwardly shuffling around right next to each other? How will you be able to take important story boss fights seriously? These people are supposed to want to kick each other's ass really badly, not have a staring contest.

Still think Judgment should've been turn-based considering you play a methodical detective who shouldn't be able to take on 10 guys by himself. Ichiban comes off as a pussy to me.

the April fools footage looked good so hopefully it turns out like that
I think they made it purposefully slow for the demonstration

Yeah that would have made 9999999999999x more sense, no idea why they didn't go with it. Also don't make fun of Ichiban he has autism.

>2017
Yakuza 0, Yakuza Kiwami
>2018
Yakuza 6, Yakuza Kiwami 2
>2019
Judgment

Surely is the yearly japanese ASSGREED.

>Did you see how much those retards were awkwardly shuffling around right next to each other?
Yeah, it looks really dumb, I agree with you here, but we don't even know any features. What if everyone shuffling around has something to do with an environment system where you have a chance to aim items at enemies? What if it has something to do with landing certain attacks? What if it has something to do with landing aoe attacks?
>How will you be able to take important story boss fights seriously?
This is honestly the only thing I'm worried about because it's definitely something to consider. For the April Fools stuff they had a guy kick a desk I think it was at Ichiban to start his fight, so how it'll work is probably start you with a fight and then the boss himself will have an intro mid-fight like that, maybe even with an attack. We have no idea how seamless this is, we have no idea how anything works right now. Again, the gameplay footage we saw is clearly a demonstration, the guys are even explaining stuff to the crowd.

>that cope over turn based combat
It has nothing to do with making things fresh. They just targeted gachafags.

Attached: 1567403333618.jpg (1000x523, 192K)

>we're finally getting attention outside of Japan
>nice now let's fucking kill it like Sonic

Is it even worth it to 100% Y0?

Attached: 1555809467601.png (262x288, 124K)

Attached: Yes and.jpg (117x180, 11K)

No faggot.
It kind of seems like you can just walk around a bit while you do your commands like DQXI so I doubt it'll matter, but I guess I could be proven wrong.

>Is it even worth it to 100% a Yakuza game
The answer is always no.

It's entirely up to if you want to do it or not. Most people will say no because they don't want to deal with some aspect of the minigame requirements, other people will say no because they like the games enough to maybe do the story and some substories, but they don't want to do everything, others only do the story and substories to fight Amon, etc. It's entirely up to you if you want to do it, and if so, what parts do you want to do. Most people consider Amon to be their 100%.

No Yakuza game is worth 100%ing.

Rip quads. It doesn't look like it sounds fun to you from that pic and I don't know why it would be. It's fun to explore parts of the game you still haven't tried but platinuming a game just becomes work after a certain point, not fun. Imagine when you get to the gambling stuff.

The story is what really holds it back for me compared to the other games, I personally think Shinada is forgettable, and im surprised to read that you liked Kiryu in Fukuoka. Personally I felt bored with the story until the 3rd chapter, and as for the combat, I had more fun with it prior to 6

What is the appeal of Ryuji? He's just a dumb meathead. All of the antagonists in 0 were 10x as good. Even fucking Nishikiyama is better imo.

I think itchybum will be fine.
In the story trailer it looks as if he kicked what I assume to be his old captains ass.
I'm sure he can handle more since he has the power of dragon autism.

yakuza was always low budget trash
fact.
you retards complain about movie games like gow but turn around and play the same shit but japanese

And in Yakuza it will all be normal dudes.

you are too low iq to understand the many complexities of Ryujis character that make him such an amazing antagonist

Okay ACfag, but you'll have to try harder if you really want a (You).

Dragon autism

No. 3 gameplay was a massive upgrade from 2. 6 is a big downgrade in term of gameplay, the story is boring with annoying side characters.

This.

he touched harukas butt

I've never understood this boards hatred for "movie games" 99.9% of gameplay in video games is juvenile button mashing so it's not like your missing out on anything.

But I want the crazy beat em up combat in a new city. Yakuza 5 was at it's best when you were exploring other places.

This isn't a case of "lol they changed settings" it's totally changing the fucking genre.

>It's entirely up to if you want to do it or not.
wow what great insight from our resident yakuza expert. Take off the trip you goddamn idiot.

Playing as the boss of Y2 was great. I wish we got more What Ifs?

Fuck, if they're making a turn based game why not have it be a what if isekai?

>Personally I felt bored with the story until the 3rd chapter
I can understand being bored with most of Saejima since it's basically just a retread of 4 except now with Baba, but Kiryu's part? You didn't like seeing him living quietly until Aikawa and Morinaga bother him after Daigo bugs him to rope him back in? You thought Haruka's bit was better than Kiryu's? Kiryu and Shinada's bits in 5 are my personal favorite bits, Saejima's okay and Haruka is okay, and Akiyama is in it so little that you don't really get much with him. I can understand Haruka getting the ball rolling a lot more than the first two parts but she felt pretty slow to me. Good substories though.

Attached: Haruka's best substory.webm (640x360, 2.79M)

The best part of 5 was Saejima's Big Game Hunter.

playing 6 after K2 is suffering, and K2 was already suffering

At least Infinite Warfare still played like a CoD game.

He looks way better after his head gets shaved. His hair looks like shit.

>forgetting Saejima

Yakuza 1 unironically.

So will Y7.

Don't respond to obvious bait.

Sober up kyodai

>New Sakura Taisen is now an action game
Wait what? I might actually get it, then.

Got a link?

Umm, no...

That was a hard fucking fight, too.

Sober up kyodai

Unironically name a better villain

Warming: judge eyes spoiler

Attached: IMG_7877.png (604x739, 477K)

Any of them.

I could see it working if they went for a more involved style of turn based RPG, where timing and button presses matter. Something like how the Mario RPGs manage to make it engaging.

We saw a bit of that in the april fools video with Ichiban dodging but I'm still not convinced this was a good move.

Not even him, but I'll say it. Yakuza's writing took a steep dive after 2.

Never forget the rubber bullets.

>Rubber bullets
>Bad
Brainlet spotted.

>dude what if we undercut the entire arc for one of our main characters for an epic twist that has no actual pay off?
>yeah yeah yeah that would be so cool!

pfft okay retard

God what the fuck were they thinking with the plot.

>little ms responsibility haruka has unprotected sex with a guy she just met and never saw again

>what the fuck were they thinking
They weren't.

It's a kino twist that masterfully subverts player expectations.

Yes, I did like to see the Kiryu struggling to adapt to a normal citizens life, but, I think in general, the chapter was rather weak exposition-wise compared to other games in the franchise, and Saejima didnt help at all for the same reasons you just explained. It was interesting to see Kiryu struggle emotionally with his past, and present for the goodsake of everybody. But I simply couldnt care about shinada, and his fighting style did him no favors either. I personally dont enjoy using weapons on these games that much

Attached: yakkirwor.png (540x339, 244K)

Attached: 1563966650484.jpg (471x501, 56K)

>How to destroy your fanbase with one simple trick!
Bravo Sega. Is Sonic team in charge now.

The point with Kiryu was more of a slow introduction. You get shown why he's away from the kids, you get introduced to the mess the Tojo Clan is in, and then it ends on him being roped back in through various reasons. It's a gradual advance from peaceful life to "Here we go again". Compare it to Akiyama in 4 for instance, the most that happens in his part is setting up Yasuko taking his money, introducing us to Sky Finance, fleshing out Akiyama because he's new, and that's more or less it.The game mostly begins with Saejima's part since Akiyama is the setup while Saejima gets into the meat of the Ueno Seiwa which the story revolves around. Would you say you disliked Akiyama's part in 4 as well if that's the case? Or how about 3, where it starts with Kiryu going into a peaceful life, showing his peaceful life, and then finally starting to fall into place with him getting roped back in after befriending the Ryukyu yakuza family?

With Shinada he's more of a standalone story that gets roped in mostly because of Daigo, and he would definitely be better suited for his own game. But I thought as he was his story was great, he had some funny substories, his trainer was hilarious, and his only real negative is definitely the fighting style. Still have no clue what they were going for with My Meteor Tackle.

You're retarded if you think the original untranslated game doesn't pander to fujos too. The devs have literally said their main audience in japan is women.

he was a sticky moose
that liked to drink a lotta juice

Sober up kyodai

this pic is awesome

No. Fuck you. I don't care if this is bait. Fuck you.

I think they did a great job on 4 with Akiyama, good pacing, and good introduction for a brand new character. By the end of chapter 1 you understand how he gets involved, and as you play with the other you get to understand why, the same can be said about tanimura, and saejima; everything just feels more natural as to why they all end up meeting. The only reason I believe Kiryu works well on 5 is because he is a character we already know, and care, and it develops its character on a more complex way unlike the other entries before 5.

>More than half of the gay shit in the games are a joke
Only with the okama/onabe characters. The stuff with Rikiya and Kiryuu and Doujima and Mine in 3 for example is extremely super gay. The massage parlor even has a literal mtf post-op tranny in it, and isn't played for laughs except for Kiryuu's initial reaction to the reveal.

>Have to do that stupid real estate minigame to get the legend style

Attached: 1565027152534.png (236x231, 88K)

>Let's be fair about this, the combat was never the main appeal of Yakuza, good as it was.

It's not the main appeal but it is a core appeal of the series.

Fuck, I'm late to the thread it seems.
Just completed Yakuza 3 yesterday on PS4. I was definitely invested in the game and enjoyed playing it (RIP Rikiya ;_;), but it definitely felt like the weakest Yakuza so far to me. 0 > K2 >> K1 > 3.
Can't wait for 4 and 5 on the collection. Holding off on the PC version of 6 until I've played them.

>stupid real estate minigame
>stupid

Fuck off. Real estate was way better than the dress up bullshit. Just get all the business upgrades at the shrine and it doesn't take long at all.

>Real estate was way better than the dress up bullshit.
All you do is wait.
That's literally it. You wait and sometimes fight some dudes but that's pretty much it.
If your definition of fun is waiting then why don't you go play a gacha

>If your definition of fun is waiting then why don't you go play a gacha

The game I play the most is Epic Seven. Nice try, buddy.

Shido, unequivocally

>the intense, engaging action beat 'em up gameplay
I'm sorry have we been playing the same franchise?
I didn't know brainless button mashing and probably the most arcade and basic 3D combat imaginable, only shy of musou(despite being very different) was intense and engaging.

Don't kid yourself, everyone grew tired of the combat 2hrs into each game.

>>thinks gay shit that the cucked and compromised localization team forced is what the main appeal is
>he doesn't know that 90% of social media posts about RGG in Japan are fujos dressing up as Majima and Kiryu, and that it has always been a fujo franchise.

Welcome to yakuza. its a niche franchise(niche=6/10) for a reason

It really was too good. Going back to the city afterwards all I could think about was going back.

Honestly? It makes this the first Yakuza in ages that I'm actually looking forward to instead of just thinking "oh yea there's a new one"

Because until now you 100% knew what to expect. But this time?
>new cast
>new locale
>new mechanics
Could be good, could be shit, but I'd be lying if I said that i'm not gonna get this day 1

I disagree with the bad timing part though. The end of 6 was, despite feeling like a lackluster end still a decent jump off to end Kiryu's saga. Changing things up for a new beginning, instead in one of the Kiryu/Kamurocho game is the best possible timing. If they had done it for, I dunno 4 or 5, it would've felt like it belongs in a spin-off like some anons are still saying. But doing it now, after one saga is basically done? That's appropriate timing for me.

>Real estate was way better than the dress up bullshit.
Congratulations on the worst post in this thread. And we have moose posting so, that's quite a feat.

>tfw no innawoods Yakuza spin off

Sober up kyodai, you tryna get bruised?

>Sega: copy pastes the same game six times
>People: uhh couldn't they try something new for once this getting stale
>user: NOOO THIS IS WHAT REAL FANS WANT! GET THE FUCK AWAY FROM MY FRANCHISE IF YOU DONT LIKE IT!!
>Sega: actually tries
>People: oh this could be interesting
>user: NOOO THIS IS NOT WHAT I WANT! GET THE FUCK AWAY FROM MY FRANCHISE! I WANT THE SAME GAME AGAIN!! YOU'RE JUST BRAINLESS CONSUMERS!!

As long as it includes the fishing from 3.

You post this in every thread yet it never made much sense.
Real time combat 100% fits the "gritty" noir style and pacing of Judgement.

>Ichiban comes off as a pussy to me.
Faggot. Kiryu had an emotional range of 1inch. His persona got stale by the time 2 came around. They should've completely abandoned him with 3 already.
His character is so shitty, he's literally become a walking meme. I wouldn't even count him as a "character" and more of a stand if for the method/principle of the stoic silent type.
Tatsuya was already a better main character.

Ichban already shows ten times the range and personality.

Welcome to Yea Forums. Every single fandom does this retarded shit.

sober up kyodai

You're the one who brainless button mashes in fighting games, the game's accessible enough to let (you) and your physically inept kind play the game while leaving a lot of room for players who are actually good at vidya to play the game properly making the combat look and feel cool as fuck. youtube.com/watch?v=j3NAc6KPljc

Attached: 71d.jpg (612x467, 163K)

Sober up Kyodai.

Attached: 1504252439405.jpg (800x1030, 95K)

>it's totally changing the fucking genre.
90% of the game are still the same: exploring a city, running from A to B and back for most of the time, talking to people and helping strangers.

The combat has always been just means to an end, its never been the "genre" for anyone who's like the franchise, because the combat is something you just got out of the way. It never mattered.
They could turn the combat into anything they want, its a neglectible part of these games.

SOBER UP KYODAI

Attached: 1475439526099.jpg (1280x720, 282K)

It'd be great.

>play as old as fuck hermit man
>live innawoods near a small town
>oversee assassination while hunting
>fends off the hatchetmen with his rough housing skills
>takes refuge in said small town
>has to avoid assassins and find out who was assassinated and why
>can get money and items for hunting and fishing for the friendly townsfolk

>square
>square
>square
>TRIANGLE!
>wow did you see that in game cutscene finisher? so awesome dude! yeah man pass the blunt!

>look and feel cool as fuck
Are you literally twelve?
>knowyourmeme filename
Don't even answer

ベースと赤の丸薬

The combat was part of the story telling, user. Admittedly mostly in the big boss fights where you feel the intensity of the brawl.

>a lot of room for players who are actually good at vidya
Of all the shit I've read over the years, the notion that Yakuza requires skill is probably the most retarded of them all.

I actually had this line in my post:
>It only really mattered in Boss fights.
But changed it to it never mattered because I realized that even then, I cared more about the cinematic aspects of the fights/hits, rather than the combat system itself.

Except i never said it requires skill, if you have skill and know how to play fighting games, you can play the game well, but it's easy enough that you can button mash like a certain (hopefully) same fag(s) has on this board.

Attached: 1562013047221.jpg (1080x1080, 135K)

I don't get this mentality, honestly. I thought Yea Forums hated movie games and games dependent on cutscenes and quick time events and flashy cinematic combat. Even if you disagree and like Yakuza, why call someone ACfag if they've become sickened of the industry wanting more cinematics and cutscenes in games? You're welcome to say that you disagree and that games like Yakuza can exist, but to imply that nobody can ever dislike movie "games" like Uncharted or TLOU is close-minded and demonstrates an almost disturbing level of corporate white knighting, as if companies like sony can never be criticized for making bland walking simulators.

This. Honestly, there's no reason to play anything outside of 0.
Its objectively the best game and the rest is just copy pasted shit that is less good ultimately.
Just look up synopsis for the other games.

Sober up Kyodai

I'm excited for the turn based combat, after so many beat em up games, attempting a new flavour of combat along with a new protagonist is a bold step forward and shows they don't want to be tied down to a single thing, and they've said if it doesnt work out, they don't mind going back.

Who the fuck reached the final boss in Persona 5? I'm not gonna waste a 100 hours on the worlds worst written visual novel. That being said Yakuza combat sucks and the change to turn-BASED is a good one.

>if you have skill and know how to play fighting games, you can play the game well
What it actually means:
>you can button mash in various ways
Are you literally saying that Yakuza isn't one of the most braindead brawlers because it has some advanced movesets and situational "press this button now to disarm enemy" mechanics?
If you really think it requires "skill" to perform more than the basic combos in these games then you're a bigger retard than I imagined.

Not to mention the abysmal AI of opponents.
The only skill that is required in these games is to measure distance. Everything else is practically autopilot.

>Real time combat 100% fits the "gritty" noir style and pacing of Judgement.
But it's not like switching to a JRPG style would have changed anything for that storytelling. Ichiban is supposed to be Kiryu's successor while Yagami is supposed to be a regular civilian. Yagami, throughout the entire story, is enlisting the help of at least one of his friends to fight with him, usually Kaito or Sugiura. This already leads to a party dynamic which they established from the very first scene within the game. He's really only alone when he goes to meet Hamura at Cafe Alps, a couple times when he goes back alone to his detective agency, and then the fight with Kuroiwa. Pretty much every other time someone is with him or helping him in some way.

>its a neglectible part of these games.
Speak for yourself. It's one of the main attractions as to why I got into the series. I still remember picking up a bike in 1 and swinging it into a guy and going "Well, this is definitely going to be fun". I like to fight the enemies with my environment, use the various Heat Actions, see all the ridiculously violent ways to beat up enemies, see how each character's style differs from one another and learn how to best effectively use their combos, learn a boss' or opponent's various movesets, and have fun boss fights that have had some pretty great introductions. Sure, it's still got most of the stuff that makes the series what it is, but the experience is definitely going to feel different to get to those experiences and things like boss fights are probably going to be introduced or handled way differently to keep the same effect.

its a false flag
""acfag"" hates yakuza 7 and posts in every thread, even suggesting that all the people liking it are just one guy

Don't reply to me you autist.
Thanks.

Do you not know the definition of button mashing?

Attached: 1559759302349.jpg (464x454, 20K)

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 24K)

This.

>guy makes point against you
>you're retarded don't reply to me thanks
astouding discussion on Yea Forums

Attached: 1563760701278.jpg (600x338, 36K)

>Ichiban is supposed to be Kiryu's successor while Yagami is supposed to be a regular civilian
>moose seething so hard he's literally copy pasting his posts across threads
Thank you Sega, that's already worth it.

Also, he's right. If you can't see why the setting Judgement wouldn't go with tb combat at all, then you're a retard(I mean we all know you are, but even bigger one.)
Also, you don't even know how the story and pacing in 7 is playing out. The game is obviously build around the new mechanics, so it'll fit inherently.
Your only argument is:
>he's the new MC/Kiryu therefore he can't have new mechanics!
Which is probably the most braindead point anyone could make.

Go fuck yourself moose. I hope 7 pisses you off so much that you finally stay out of Yakuza threads

>defending tripfags
>defending tripfags known to be legitimately on the spectrum
Get out.

>I still remember picking up a bike in 1 and swinging it into a guy and going "Well, this is definitely going to be fun"
And you're still on that level of development. Sad.

>the definition of button mashing
What is the Yakuza franchise by Sega, Alex?

didn't even notice he was a trip fag, either way i can relate to him at least a little bit as the combat's fun for me

>Let it die so we can enjoy threads about the games again.
Imagine being this fragile.

Y threads on Yea Forums have never been good. First they were circlejerks of 15 people, then they were "Yx is better than Yy!". Everyone pretending otherwise is delusional.

>FUCK Yakuza ThreadS
You got that right, shit's fucking crazy here. The latest trend is to "admit" Yakuza combat always sucked so it's a good thing for it to be drastically changed

I'm not even against the idea, it's just weird to see the supposed fans of the series just shit on it so much for the sake of making the latest product look better, just like how everyone turned against 1 and 2 for the sake of shilling the Kiwamis

>I hope 7 pisses you off so much that you finally stay out of Yakuza threads
Wishful thinking. Moose is literally on the autistic spectrum and thoroughly identifies himself with the franchise.

Yakuza is to him what Sonic is to CWC.

I learned how to play fighting games so i can't relate to (you) people button mashing like retards to then complain that the combat's trash.

Attached: 1550480606202.jpg (1280x720, 128K)

>he's literally copy pasting his posts across threads
Except I'm simply stating a point which isn't incorrect. Yagami is a civvy who isn't meant to take on the big boys and when he does he nearly dies three times. If Ichiban is supposed to be succeeding Kiryu then, at the very least, he's going to be taking on the big boys as well.
>If you can't see why the setting Judgement wouldn't go with tb combat at all, then you're a retard
Great, so explain it to the class why it wouldn't work. Is it the pacing? Well, it can't be that because they could just do whatever they're doing in 7 to get around that issue since it's going to happen to 7 as well when it comes to serious moments like meeting Arakawa, possibly meeting head Omi leaders, meeting various people embroiled in the Tojo/Omi dispute, etc. There's even the chance at government conspiracies after how Judgment ended and 6 ended. Is it the seriousness? Well again, it can't be that since 7 will again probably have serious moments interspersed into it even focusing more on comedy. It can't be the detective aspects because those are separate from the fighting. So tell me, why wouldn't it work?
>Also, you don't even know how the story and pacing in 7 is playing out. The game is obviously build around the new mechanics, so it'll fit inherently.
Of course I don't, no one but the RGG team does, but the fact still remains we have Ichiban has a party he's going to be fighting with and Yagami had a party he fights with.
>I hope 7 pisses you off so much that you finally stay out of Yakuza threads
It's a good thing I have no issue with the turn-based combat, my issue is simply with them doing it with a mainline game. It's funny, you keep saying I'm seething yet I'm welcome to the change if it's handled correctly, I just don't understand doing it with the main series itself, that's the conundrum.

Whose cuddling Kuze

>everyone grew tired of the combat 2hrs into each game.
I didn't

It's merely the fact that people now have to face a fact they tried to ignore for a decade: that yakuza combat indeed is shit.

It was easy to ignore, because a) it was a niche franchise, b) it stayed roughly the same and just "the combat system yakuza has", and c) was a part of the games that no-one really focused on, as most people focused on stories and main plots in discussions.

Now that it has been changed people face the question why it has been changed. And a lot of answers are attmittedly that a lot people were never really into the combat or played the games for that aspect. Which makes the people who did, or just blindly accepted it without quesitoning, a bit angry.

I unironicly really enjoyed 6. Haruka got older and so it's normal to understand that she could get a kid.

You guys just see her as the little girl, which is understandable because that's how Kiryu sees her too.

The plot was pretty good and figuring out who the father was, was really fun. Not to mention the bonding you did with the folks in Onomichi was kino as fuck.

yes the engine wasn't really that well made but do you really care? All games are clunky when looking at engines and mechanics but that's not why you're playing.

Beat Takeshi was comfy as fuck and I got moved when he passed.

wait they brought back the tranny shit??

Attached: Screenshot_2019-09-02 Scott Strichart on Twitter With the Remastered Collection, all 7 games in the (617x695, 352K)

based, 6 is my favourite in the series

>i can relate to him at least a little bit as the combat's fun for me
To me too. In 1.
>In 2: ok so here we go again
>in 3: this is boring
>in 4: again??
>in 5: *sigh*
>in 0: well at least the game is good again
>in 6: alright I'm done
>Kiwami 1&2+Judgomento: didn't even bother
I'd legitimately dropped the series if it wasn't for this change.

If these were pure beat em up games, then I wouldn't have a problem at all, but they're so full of storylines and people you can engage with, with a totally different style, it just annoys me. Its like two different games tacked together. I'm not even saying the Final Fantasy combat will be better, but at least it makes me wanna try it again.

>I unironicly really enjoyed 6. Haruka got older and so it's normal to understand that she could get a kid.
The problem wasn't her having a kid. The problem was she had a kid with a guy she knew for a few hours, the kind of guy Kiryu raised her to avoid.

no and thank fuck, the chase minigame sucks (music's pretty nice though)
isn't 1 (and maybe 2's) combat literally miles better in Kiwami? Started on Kiwami and waiting on the rest of the Remastered games to come out so i wouldn't know.

Is that the same dude who changed a scene in Judgement in the translation to be more feministic?

Like, he wanted people to be legitimately disgusted by the first person moment, because it reminded him of that 10hrs in NY as a women video and therefore he changed the tone of it completely, to reflect that.
And he changed people gasping at her beauty and muttering to themselves, to outright shouting at her.

They redid 3's localization because it was a mess all over and didn't have a lot of what 3 had to begin with so they had to translate all the hostess stuff regardless. Michiru is still removed. We don't know about 4 or 5 yet.

>does one move 10 times
>plays a cutscene

There's a balance between implementing new features and changing the core gameplay enough to alienate your fanbase, retard.

I never complained about the combat as i liked it for most of the games, dumbing it down to menu scrolling with cutscenes is even dumber.

I dont even care about the combat system change, but I hope we can finally admit that Kiryu was an absolutely shit tier protag now.

Playing Majima already displayed how terrible Kiryu actually was, and Ichiban will be the final nail in the coffin.
I can already see the headlines of praise in regards to a more relatable protagonist, rather than a literal symbol of Japanese tradtitional(hint: outdated) values.

What a fucking faggot.

>dumbing it down
I wouldn't really call it that, when it could potentially be much more varied in terms of combo effects, set ups for specials and enviromental impacts.
I mean it could be stupid and just what people fear it is, but I hope it won't be and will actually open up the combat to new possibilities in variation, instead of just hitting people/hitting them with objects/or performing a finisher.

Friendly reminder that when Polygon wrote an article about it, literally 100% of comments supported him on that.
And the reddit thread on that subject was largely controversial as well, because apparently giving someone a compliment is literally harassment these days.

>no Michiru

Fuck that shit. Best substory and reactions of Kiryu by far in 3

youtube.com/watch?v=StCOOaXmQi4
Shitty quality and some letsplay but is funny how times were different 9 years ago
youtube.com/watch?v=ZGkO4-7FAYI

Why am I seeing your post?
I filtered that faggot years ago and double dipped by filtering the word itself.

If it's simple turn-based gameplay then for me it'll be a major bust. From the gameplay available it literally just is turn-based gameplay in it's most basic form.

>always regard Yazuka localizations as some of the best because they retain the wackyness of things
>learn that the head honcho is a turbo feminist and probably the one who removed shit in the past and has most likely changed tons of dialogue to be more progressive
and this is how dreams die

Yakuza fans will tell themselves anything to justify buying another game no matter how bad it looks. The blind hope that "this one will be good" fuels each purchase, time and time again. Even if it fucking sucks and Yakuza 8 is the same again, they'll buy it, saying "they'll have figured out how to do it good this time"

Even though Judgment combat was WORSE than previous entries they keep buying the newest games because of this blind hope. Maybe it's time to accept the Yakuza devs are fucking useless. But there's no chance of that because LOL MAJIMA DANCE XXDDD

Real fans are furious. Yakuza had some of, if not THE best combat in videogames and now all the zoom zooms are going to fuck it up. Zoomers love turn based combat. Older thinking men like god tier brawlers.

Attached: 1559395522434.webm (640x360, 2.53M)

it's just pure COPE
imagine screencapping a post that says "every post critical of any game you like is by one person" and genuinely believing it, and posting it over and over.
to be clear, the claim is that EVERYONE in EVERY thread who says wrong opinions is just one autist. how does this not sound like the insane ramblings of someone who simply cannot face other people's opinions?

just ignore him

Attached: terrorist.jpg (1080x964, 182K)

yeah it's not liking someone is spamming the same pasta and webms 50 times a day

It's already happening.
Look at all the people who are insisting that the combat was ALWAYS GREAT AND PERFECT but ALSO that this new combat looks great and they can't wait for the change. If the old combat was good you wouldn't welcome it being changed entirely. They'll just swallow any shit at all.

Imagine how good these games could be if they actually tried to give the combat more depth and skill-ceiling. I'm dissapointed that they went all turn based for no reason rather than try to make an actually great combat system. I mean, the base for it was already there.

I don't get it, what's wrong with the webms? Are the people who hate yakuza combat just furious about people enjoying it? The webms show exactly how the games play, it's not like they're modded or glitched or whatever.

try using different words
you already have "furious" here

user they've had ten games and over ten years to get it right and they clearly can't. The devs are incompetent, but for some reason nobody wants to accept that.
Can you imagine ANY other game series given so much leeway? Most people decide if a game's combat system is shit after ONE entry, but for some reason Yakuza gets to be shit over and over and over and over again and still the idiots who buy every one of them say "well, maybe next time"

see

Okay so you can't tell me why you're annoyed about people posting yakuza webms, so I'm clearly just some boogeyman.
Yakuza threads are shit now, nobody even wants to pretend they want to discuss the games. And now apparently we can't post any footage of them either.

>no reason
I dunno, it being completely neglectible, not fitting the rest of the game, and being more of a distraction than fun to engage with is a pretty good reason

As user has said above, most people just blindly accepted the combat due to the franchises niche status and the fact that it has always been this way. Anyone who ever thought about it, knew that it was shit, but the games offered enough distraction so people just accepted it.

don't forget, people are desperate to rebuy yakuza 3, even though many of them already know it's bad. there is a large chunk of the yakuza fanbase who are just hooked and obsessed with playing them even when they don't like them. insanity.

He's just triggered by someone constantly making fun of the game's combat.
Ignore him.

The enemies still don't attack you and even back off constantly so it's not even that different from before.

Always spreading stupid meanings like zooms and booms

I enjoy jrpgs, but also enjoy beat'em'ups, as other genres.
The thing is that I got into Yakuza as a fucking beat'em'up, and that's what I care for the main games, if the main line changed into jrpgs I wouldnt care. I wouldnt mind if Judgement was a jrpg since it would make more sense, now Yakuza? No.
And I know the gameplay could be much better, but for a 3d beat'em'up i can still have fun. More on shit like coliseum with battle royals

Yakuza 3 is comfy.

This. Yes, the combat is shit, but it's fun.

>if the main line changed into jrpgs I wouldnt care.
???
thats exactly whats happening.

Christ you faggots are pathetic. Must be nice for SEGA to be able to literally shit out anything and always have it lapped up without question. First Sonic, now Yakuza. How do they do it?

everyone complaining about turn based combat as if every 5 minute long single button press heat action animation isn't basically already turn based combat, with the occasional square-square-triangle to get your heat up

Yakuza fans are literally worse. The Sonic fanbase is at least able to admit when the games are shit or low effort trash. Nobody was calling Sonic Boom 2 "comfy"

Nah, I'm not defending the direction it went in. Yakuza 6 was shit and I refuse to play it, but I liked the atmosphere of Osaka in Yakuza 3.

I still want Ishin.

And I wont care for 7 if that will really be a thing and not some prank or some style Ichiban has
If 8 is a jrpg I wont care either.

Keep telling yourself 3 has no fans you fucking obsessed weirdo.

sober up kyoudai

people here say they thought 3 was bad but want to play again "for the setting" or "to see if the new framerate helps" or because it's "comfy"

That's Awano

This.

For real, I mean here

I feel people are over-reacting. He just low-kicked the guy to death, button mashing.

For a real action game; Ninja Gaiden 2. Can only button mash up to a point in that game then you quite literally have to get good.

Sober up kyodai

>t. hasn't beat amon in any of the games

Yakuza 5 was the best in terms of combat. Every game since has been getting progressively worse.

>It's merely the fact that people now have to face a fact they tried to ignore for a decade: that yakuza combat indeed is shit.

>I've played these games for a decade but actually i fucking hate them
The only fact here is that somehow this fanbase turned into a bunch of scaredy cats convinced that the minimal criticism towards a new title will forever kill the series. People were openly arguing that around the release of the first Kiwami

Either that or you're unironically just a bunch of whiny newfags with ADHD. I literally can't conceive caring so much about a franchise while wishing it was basically only a VN, since apparently every other aspect sucked in your mind. Makes it look like you just bandwagoned after 0 with no idea of how to deal with the other "shitty" titles

I beat him by spamming. How did you do it?

Same

That literally only works on easy. You'll get your ass smashed if you try to mash buttons on normal and up.

I'm currently playing Kiwami 2 for the first time and it impressed me how the combat is getting progressively worse as I advance in this series. 0's was perfect, why did it have to change? In 2 is like Kiryu has rocks on his shoes, it feels stiff as fuck.

Attached: 60860449_3107091132638147_1411852553842459354_n.jpg (480x480, 52K)

Nah, as the difficulty goes up the dependency on cheesing goes up too.

no you're not and no it doesn't

In the new Yakuza Kiryu and Goro will be secret party members or secret boss or just npc.

People that dislike turn-based Yakuza = Real Yakuza Fans
People that are immediately fine with it = Persona weeb trash subhumans
Know the difference.

>People that dislike turn-based Yakuza = Real Yakuza Fans
It's embarrassing that this has to be said, not because turn-based is inherently bad or something but how the hell can one consider himself fan of the series while simultaneously claiming they hated all the actual games, assuming they even played them? Where the fuck did this "i just want the Japan simulator clips" shit come from?

>6 is a big downgrade in term of gameplay
In terms of combat. Overall gameplay is so much more smooth and feels fresh since everything is new. No loading for interiors, fully voiced everything, all-new minigames. In terms of gameplay Y6 is absolutely amazing. The story is an absolute clusterfuck though.

t. buying the remaster

I'm excited to see how 7 turns out. They've never let me down. I really like 3, DS, K1, and 6.

Attached: 1567324173969.jpg (638x629, 44K)

>no you're not
But I am?

Attached: Yakuza Kiwami 2 Screenshot 2019.09.01 - 21.39.07.99.jpg (2560x1080, 762K)

This

I mean, there are a lot of people being vocal about how they thought the combat was shit, but what about the people who are just interested in something different? In the past 2 years we got 0, Kiwami, Kiwami 2, 6, and Judgement (and Lost Paradise if you want to count that). I'm just interested to see what they do with it and don't get where this sudden world-is-ending panic is sprouting from considering they explicitly said they just wanted to try something new and will be happy to go back to a beat em up if that's what the fans want. Also, you need to realize that it's likely a good number of the people posting that are shitposters just looking to get a rise out of people and don't actually care about the series either way. Just don't give them (You)'s and stop stressing so much over it.

>but what about the people who are just interested in something different?
That's perfectly ok, I'm specifically referring to the people claiming Yakuza was never good, or that such a change shouldn't ever be st least questioned

I'm not hating on the new game, assuming the combat will still be interesting, I'm tired of the faggots that have been infesting these threads for the last couple of years claiming every game except maybe 0 is shit and that they're the true fans for admitting that

That's pretty much just the same shitposters that have been around since 0 got popular. They just found a new angle of attack since this was obviously such a big shock to everyone.

>and don't get where this sudden world-is-ending panic is sprouting from
It's mostly from the drastic shift with next to no information to go on, and them doing it in a mainline leading people to worry about the series turning into an RPG for future installments despite Nagoshi damage controlling almost immediately. It's at least reasonable to be skeptical about how it could work out, but decrying it is a bit ridiculous since we know next to nothing about it.

Attached: Who knew Yagami's baseball bat would become this legendary.webm (960x540, 2.83M)

>everyone grew tired of the combat 2hrs into each game
Shut the fuck up, shill. I always had a blast with Yakuza's combat in every game before 6. Don't speak for me again, faggot.

Attached: 1553120786830.jpg (400x463, 26K)

This didn't happen in Kurohyou or Judgement either, why would it happen here? It'll just be some variation of Amon again.

>how the hell can one consider himself fan of the series while simultaneously claiming they hated all the actual games, assuming they even played them?
Because it's not being said by fans, it's being said by mindless shills who are in damage control mode ovef how much of a clusterfuck Y7 already is and they're trying to deflect it by shitting on the old games. None of these retards are actual fans.

vocaroo.com/i/s0ZA4P0JTwon

Attached: 1562364390786.png (866x900, 261K)

Thank you retardanon

Attached: 1547598659066.png (1280x1579, 715K)

IS THE KARAOKE IN 7 GOING TO BE TURN BASED TOO?

Where are muh judgbros at? we are future bros

Attached: 61+TR7UMVFL._AC_SL1500_.jpg (1500x844, 90K)

>it's just weird to see the supposed fans of the series just shit on it so much for the sake of making the latest product look better
That's what drones do for every series, they don't have the critical thinking skills to question any decision made by a dev they love, even if one of those decisions is replacing something that actual fans liked with something nobody asked for - these """people""" will swoop right in and try to spin the yarn with the most deluded mental gymnastics they can to stop fans from criticising the new product. The retard who replied to you is a good example of this pathetic mentality.

Attached: 5e2.jpg (554x439, 106K)

see
>Yakuza 1-6
>sluuuurp thank you Sega for ctrl+c ctrl+v your game
>someone criticises the copy paste job
>no critical thinking allowed! if you dont like it then leave! we just want more of same!!
>Yakuza 7
>is different
>no why are you liking this?! its not more of the same as we want!?!
>accuses others of being drones
nothing funnier than seeing actual drones having to wake up out of their self induced trance

>The retard who replied to you (You) is a good example of this pathetic mentality.
Your post is literally proving that post right though.
Even though it is obvious that you lack the selfawareness to realise that.

>(You)
is this deliberate or a fuck up?

This. I call it "The DmC" effect, because the exact same thing happened with that game.

No it is my post, why hide it?

He's literally doing down to a tee what I described in it. Literally everyone has always ignored it because Yakuza games are so full of stuff aside from the combat. But now these idiots have to realize that indeed, a lot of people never cared for it and never will.

It really shows that they never ever had one critical thought about the franchise before, and just kept consuming. Now that they have to face this because Sega changed something, they are seething with rage.

>sluuuurp thank you Sega for ctrl+c ctrl+v your game
Yeah, how dare fans want more of something that they like. You ever stop to think just why Yakuza has lasted for as long as it has? Of course not, because you're a braindead shill, not a fan.

Nice one outing yourself as a samefag, dude. All my post proved is how pathetic you drones really are.

Attached: 1502543944014.jpg (232x232, 25K)

Its not even remotely comparable you moron.
DmC is 100% hack n slash and literally 100% combat, while Yakuza is a story driven game with a combat system that exists, but was never really good to begin with and just served as means to an end. No matter where you stand on this change.

I dunno how you can even begin to think that they're comparable.

>Of course not, because you're a braindead shill, not a fan.
i support this franchise even when undergoing changes, you drop it the moment it isnt what YOU want anymore.
i'm the real fan, you're the retard being left behind.
good riddance

It looks too slow, and just looks like a gimped version of the combat we have now. Like someone else said they should go all in on the goofy action with Mario & Luigi style combat. As in, I want to see a line of Itchy Bum and his crew on one side, and goons on the other side taking turns attacking each other with timing based attacks/dodges. Just not really into this 'dynamic' style they're going for, looks janky.

>samefag
??? You literally quoted me....

>But now these idiots have to realize that indeed, a lot of people never cared for it and never will.
See, you literally need to resort to revisionism to keep your argument afloat because you know for a fact that you have no actual argument. You make up delusions in your head like
>hurrr people never actually liked the combat despite the fact that enjoyed it for 8 games up until this point and there is genuine anger over it being changed durrdurr
and pass them off as fact. Funnily enough, you're so retarded that you don't even realise that your own post is proving your point wrong, that people ARE angry over the new combat. You outright admit that yet without even knowing it. So, thanks for subconsciously agreeing with me.

I'm gonna wait to see how it plays on other videos that aren't a presentation but even for turn based this looks really average. If the whole thing was of the same quality than the April's Fools video I would've been eager to play it but it doesn't look anywhere near that.
It releases soon anyway so I'll have my answer sooner rather than later.

>Yeah, how dare fans want more of something that they like.
what it actually means:
>I cannot accept change and act like a baby when I don't get the same dish every day!

>Yakuza has lasted for as long as it has?
It barely did and several games almost never came over to the west due to the bad sales, in both, Japan and the entire west.
Also, are you saying game are only successful if they stay the same?
>Final Fantasy changed several times and keeps being successful
>Persona changed from a SMT spi-off into a waifu school sim and despite original screeching by fans its now more successful than ever before
>Fire Emblem stayed the same and just like Yakuza, almost died, but then changed to the lament of "real fans" and is now more sucessful than ever before
Even your own argument is working against you.

>you're a braindead shill, not a fan.
>how pathetic you drones really are.
Are you even an adult or really just a kid angry at his toys changing?

>i support this franchise even when undergoing changes
That's what a vacuous drone does, not a fan. A fan has the mental capacity to question decisions made by the company when it's warranted, such as now. What you're doing is akin to a drunken friend telling you he's going to backflip off a scaffolding and you trying to encourage him, you're not an actual friend, because a true friend would stop him from doing such a thing. Ergo, you're a drone, not a fan.

Is this supposed to be a coherent argument?
Your first line is nothing but ad hominem and the second straight up butthurt.
Dude, calm the fuck down. This cannot be healthy.
>that people ARE angry over the new combat
I never said anything different. Read it again:

It's entirely comparable, faggot. Unnecessary and unwarranted changes that nobody asked for are being made to a beloved franchise, most fans are mad about said changes, but you'll get a tiny crock of shills who will try and damage control the new game being shat on by in turn shitting on the older iterations of the franchise. You are literally doing what retarded game journos do.

>Yea Forums suddenly cares about Yakuza
Lmaoing at this manufactured outrage

>thing I like changes
>say I will check out how it actually works before judging it
>apparently I'm not a fan
>user spergs out and insults other people the moment thing he liked changed
>apparently he's a fan
You're just proving yourself to be even more of a retard than I previously thought.
The fact that you relate a change of the combat system to suicide shows how braindead you are in your eternal butthurt over change you cannot handle.
You're not a fan, you're a retard who's attached himelf to these games, and who's gonna be left behind by the future of the franchise.

>It's entirely comparable
No it isn't. Eat more protein.

>faggot
>shills
>retarded
oh boy, I really love all the buzzwords you keep spouting. its almost like you dont matter at all and that makes you very, VERY angry

>I cannot accept change and act like a baby when I don't get the same dish every day!
Spoken like a true drone. There's this concept called supply and demand. Where was the demand for this change? Nowhere, because literally no one wanted it. So what justifies this change of supply? Nothing, because the reasons for the change are unfounded and smack of the company throwing shit at the wall and seeing what will stick. I don't know why you're getting so salty over the fact that fans of a series don't want that series to change one of its core mechanics. It's called alienation, my dude, and many an IP has gone under because of it. If it happens with Yakuza, just know that it will be your fault for trying to shill the garbage that 7 looks like.

>It barely did and several games almost never came over to the west due to the bad sales, in both, Japan and the entire west.
Except each game since 3 has sold enough for Sega to deem localisation of each new game as justifiable, because they know their is a market there, however niche it is. To risk alienating that already limited marked is outright stupidity on Sega's part.

>Final Fantasy changed several times and keeps being successful
Yeah, one of those changes was getting rid of turn-based combat. Figures, huh?

Yakuza didn't even stay the same, though. It tried to tweak the combat up with 6, brand spanking new engine and all. And look what happened, it bombed.

>Are you even an adult or really just a kid angry at his toys changing?
I'm a fan who has the necessary number of brain cells to question why this decision is being made instead of blindly supporting like a literal drone who isn't capable of such a thing.

This is the first Yakuza I'm buying since 1+2 back in the day, with the exception of 0 and I'm laughing my ass off at all the spergs.

Like, who gives a fuck lmao?

>Spoken like a true drone.
Stopped reading there. Get new material, instead of just screeching at anyone who doesn't join your crusade.

>Your first line is nothing but ad hominem
What? Learn what an ad hominem is. An ad hominem would be me completely ignoring your argument and simply calling you a fucking spas, which you evidently are, but that's besides the point.

>I never said anything different.
Right, I went over this. You yourself know that people are upset over this and are trying to come up with delusions to rationalise why that suits your agenda.

>d-dude i know i can't actually argue with you s-so just calm down it's just a g-game haha
Every single time.

>waaaah
>why not same gaem again!?
>i want same gaem!!!!
>gimme saem gaeeeem waaaaah!!!
is what I'm reading there

>>d-dude i know i can't actually argue with you s-so just calm down it's just a g-game haha
This, but unironically. You're way too invested in this.

>trying to come up with delusions
According to these threads you're obviously and factually wrong, because a lot of people state that they never liked the combat much.
But let me guess, those aren't "real fans" right? And therefore they don't matter :^)

No, it's more like
>Dev I like makes a change that most people don't like
>Say the older games were shit in order to try and justify the change
>Get mad when people call me out on my bullshit and label me a drone
>It couldn't be because I'm literally acting like one.

>and who's gonna be left behind by the future of the franchise.
It won't have a future after this game, and retards like you will be the reason why. So congrats on that.

I feel sorry for people like him.
I've seen it plenty of times before with other games.
He's gonna get left behind and can't post in any community anymore without being called out, or outright banned immediately, because he can't adapt. So all that's gonna be left for him is to sit on Yea Forums and complain about ruined fanbases/franchises, and how it was better when everybody liked what he liked.

>delusion
>delusion
>delusion
>delusion
Any other point besides stuff you had to make up?
>It won't have a future after this game
Don't worry user, I'll buy an extra copy for the one you won't buy. And two of my friends who never played Yakuza before already showed interest, since they love JRPGs.

Yet he is not wrong.

>Say the older games were shit
never did that, just that they're copy+paste jobs which is literally the #1 criticism of these games
keep up kiddo

>Stopped reading there.
Course you did, it's a nice excuse to get out of actually trying to debate me. Fuck off, kid.

>Literally cannot for the life of him form a single coherent counter-argument in his head
>Has to resort to greentexting it all away because he's a drone who only knows how to shill products, not produce actual thought
You're only making yourself look more and more like a moron, dude.

>According to these threads you're obviously and factually wrong, because a lot of people state that they never liked the combat much.
A handful of people, at most, in a single thread on Yea Forums does not equate to "a lot of people", which is what was previously stated. It's literal revisionism in order to get your agenda across.

Are you actually going to address anything I said or are you just going to keep being an idiot with no actual points to make?

Sober up kyodai

>never did that
Yes, you did. You said the combat in the older games was shit, which is literally shitting on the older games. Don't backpedal now.

>>Literally cannot for the life of him form a single coherent counter-argument in his head
literally everyone responding to you has blown you out lmao
the only thing you're doing is repeat your shit about you being the real fan and anyone disagreeing just having an "agenda"

>He's gonna get left behind and can't post in any community anymore without being called out, or outright banned immediately
Nice projecting, dude.

>brainlet can't read
big surprise

>girl growing up without a stable family ends up as a single teenage mother

Most realistic plot in the entire series desu.

Attached: kiryu remembers that nintendo thread.jpg (1282x721, 85K)

>You said the combat in the older games was shit
ok let's look at my post then
do you see the word shit anywhere in it?
you don't even see the word combat in it...
why are you so insecure user?

Hm? What's that? Still no real point to make regarding literally anything I said? Just more deflecting? Thought so. If you're not going to actually argue back then why are you even replying?

>Are you actually going to address anything I said or are you just going to keep being an idiot with no actual points to make?
Dude, you literally made up your own points because you cannot wrap your head around people actually not caring about the combat in Yakuza games. therefore you made up this construct that people only do it to justify the change.

There's no adressing delusional shitposting.
And its not like this and all other threads on the topic would prove you wrong right? But you already covered that with more delusion by stating that they're just having an agenda.
You're too far up your own ass to be reasoned with.

You don't have to literally say it verbatim to make the implication, which is what you did by insinuating that the current formula is a "copy/paste" that people want a change from, despite there being no evidence for this.

you havent made a real point since entering this thread man.
your first post is literally calling everyone a drone without critical thinking skills, simply because they wanna test the game out and see how it works, before sperging out on the internet about it

oh don't worry about him. judging from his posts he's legitimately angry at this, and people like him thrive by just shitposting 24/7. if the game is a success, he'll shitpost about nu-fans invading and if its a failure he'll shitpost about true fans being based for not supporting what he dislikes. either way: his autism will win

>Dude, you literally made up your own points
The irony of this is astounding and it's probably completely lost on you.

>construct that people only do it to justify the change.
Except that's literally what's happening. You know for a fact that people don't like the change, otherwise there wouldn't be such a stink about it, yet you literally lie by saying people never cared about the combat in the first place. You know it's a lie, yet you keep trying to peddle it. Which is, again, what a drone would do.

>There's no adressing delusional shitposting.
This is true, so it's a wonder why I'm still bothering with you.

>by insinuating that the current formula is a "copy/paste"
which, again is the most common criticism
>despite there being no evidence for this.
this is the worst thing you said so far, and this means something. its literally what people have been complaining about since day1. whether its combat, location or other aspects of the games. people have always said they're too samey to a point where the yakuza threads would even recommend newcomers to not play the whole saga before 0 came out, because they'd just burn themselves out since the games are so samey

fucking retarded newfag. the more you post the more its clear that you have no clue what you're talking about

Daily r'eminder that the guy saying "yakuza combat is perfect" with webms is a falseflagger

>You know for a fact that people don't like the change
True, which is why I accept it.
And then there's you, who refuses to accept that the opposite is just as true, and therefore makes up his own explanation of them just having an agenda.

This is further emphasized by you not sperging out over the change itself, but literally about the people. All your posts are about the people. Its obvious you can't accept that some people just never cared for the combat much, or just played it for the story, and it makes you mad beyond belief.

>you havent made a real point since entering this thread man.
I have, you refusing to take them doesn't automatically change that. But whatever, I've given up on you actually addressing them at this point.

>simply because they wanna test the game out
Bullshit. I wouldn't have a problem if that's all that was being said, but you know for a fact that it wasn't.

>and people like him thrive by just shitposting 24/7.
>Calling you out on your bullshit is shitposting
Sure, dude.

Jesus christ you're retarded.
Just fuck off to wherever you came from please.
No shit user. Did you figure that out all by yourself or did the fact that he copy pastes the same webms with the same text for ages help with that?

It's worth saying considering the number or people that fall for it every time. Or maybe he doesn't allow himself to fail and samefags the reponses but it's so easy to bait people nowadays I don't think he even needs to.

>I wouldn't have a problem if that's all that was being said,
lol, let me refer to
>everyone not hating the change is bullshit
>everyone not liking the classic button masher combat is bullshit
since when is sperging out, "calling out"? calling out means making coherent points m8. you're just a butthurt autist who'll freak out over this in the coming months as youve displayed already.
as said before: good riddance

>No shit user. Did you figure that out all by yourself or did the fact that he copy pastes the same webms with the same text for ages help with that?

Just warning the retards that keep replying to him

>its literally what people have been complaining about since day1
Prove it.

>whether its combat, location or other aspects of the games.
I'm not talking about literally every aspect of Yakuza, you retard. Just the combat. Not the area, not the animations or anything else, just the combat. Learn to read.

>True, which is why I accept it.
Great, so you admit you're only doing this just for the sake of being a contrarian faggot. Good to know.

>of them just having an agenda.
You do haven agenda: to shill the latest release that is currently being scrutinised by essentially saying
>NEW GAME GOOD
>OLD GAME BAD
It's what you've been doing for the entire thread.

>This is further emphasized by you not sperging out over the change itself,
I've already said what I think about the change itself. That is not the issue in this argument we're having. The issue is you shitting on aspects of the older games to try justify the new one. I can accept that some may not have liked the old combat just fine, but when the thread turns into people, out of literally nowhere, kicking up such a fuss about the old combat, and the new combat just so happens to be crtiricised at the exact same time, it strikes as both suspicious and disingenuous.

>Jesus christ you're retarded.
>Just fuck off to wherever you came from please.
Still no argument, I see.

Right, because it's not. Trying to handwave me calling your bullshit out as "sperging out" won't make the initial call out vanish into thin air, user. It's still there, and you still haven't addressed it.

Its autism 101 user:
>user makes a retarded post
>people call him out
>hurr durr yall cant adress my points because I'm right!!
It literally happens all the time here. People like him are legitimately on the spectrum.
And he knows that. He knows how to get you and others to respond, which is why he posts what he does in the first place.

Why are you literally doing anything else except address the points I've asked you to address for the better part of an hour now? You can try and dismiss my genuine criticisms of how you're trying to rationalise the changes being made as shitposting or sperging out, but you're not actually doing anything to invalidate those criticisms, you're just coming off as a salty bitch who knows he's full of shit and just can't admit it.

This. You can already see them insisting everyone calm down, and we "don't know enough yet"
Just wait and see, they'll "try it out" and no matter how shit it is they'll buy the next one to because "they'll have ironed the kinks out now" even though the devs have proved they still can't make good combat after 10 fucking games

still not sure what anyones issue with the webms are

>people been saying yakuza is literally the same shit every game
>tries something new to the series
>WTF NOOOOOOOOO

You can iterate on a formula without being a carbon copy rehash or changing genres completely

Reminder that this is what you invite into the thread when you recommend 0 as the first game.
Let the casual 0babies filter themselves out trying to play release order.

Play in release order or not at all

>""acfag"" hates yakuza 7 and posts in every thread, even suggesting that all the people liking it are just one guy
ACfag has been spamming these threads for months before 7 was even announced as being turnbased you faggot

Neck yourselves.

They'll buy it and say it's great. Then wait a month or two before admitting it wasn't. But then insist that the next one WILL be great. Again.

Literally every single time.

Yakuza combat is great but for some reason it always looks bad when you look at it, so we'd really rather if nobody posted any in these threads

That's what drew me into the series when 3 came out. The beginning parts felt like a Dreamcast game, most notably Shenmue
Felt like the final, dying gasp of the Sega I used to know

>X company should disregard the fans of the series and try to appeal to people who have zero interest in the series
I hope your favorite game series turns into a card game series or gets SJWified.

Like most other Yakuza fans I have bought the same game almost ten times over. I've also bought the remasters of each of them, and there are still more coming. And we were happy to do this for another decade at least. If it ain't broke don't fix it. Changing things now is spitting in the face of the fans. Thankfully the Japanese are NOT standing for it.

>Having a counter makes a game skillful and engaging
Saying you play fighting games isn't impressing anyone, shitter.

OI TEME!

This is why you play Kiwami first.

>play the game properly
you mean spamming tiger drop against every single boss since they have inconsistent hyper armor, bullshit escapes and counters, making any regular combo fucking useless?
>video
>counter grab spam since every other attack is useless against shakedown's infinite hyper armor
for fucks sake you're proving my point

SOBER UP KYODAI

>ruined Majima completely by turning him into le quirky Japanese joker
>Ruined the fan base by porting the games to PC
>ruined Haruka in 6 by turning her into a fucking yakuza cumdumpster
>ruined the series definitely with this turn based shit and mutt protagonist

Yikes.

Sober up kyodai

I wanted to play Yakuza 2 but I am now reading that the remake is not that good.
Why?
I have no problem playing the original 2 (just like I did with the first one).

Who's monkey paw was bringing Yakuza back to the west at the cost of discussion? When did this game attract so many angry fucking people?

Attached: yak.png (826x465, 384K)

sober up kyodai

Attached: 1550641952371.jpg (366x477, 42K)

>autistic games attract autistic players
hmm it's a mystery

Sober up Kyodai

The only good thing about Yea Forumseddit Yakuza threads are the pics, I swear to god.

Attached: E34cP6D.png (640x644, 440K)

Right, the only excuse for turn-based gameplay and EXP is if you have psycho ex-SWAT parents who ambush you in your game chair and shanghai you into doing something without giving you time to pause, so you need the enemy to stand there doing nothing until you come back.

lol he's smiling haha oh man

Same

>enter thread
>all posts above

Attached: 1543617832891.png (420x700, 415K)

Sober up kyodai

Combat could be cool, and I'm looking forward to the other stuff.
Hopefully it's better than judgment since I found that game disappointing.

Imagine Yakuza 0, except the game is Kiryu catches GRIDS and dies and the entire series never happens

sober up kyodai

Now I know why everyone hates Y0 fags

Fuck you I liked pimpin.

Attached: yuki.png (895x899, 1.08M)

Just bought Judgement what am i in for?

>That's like calling the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon series Pokemon Sword and Pokemon Shield, having legendaries on the boxart, and then when you get into the game it's just Mystery Dungeon gameplay.
So I'll get a good game instead of a lazy one?

sober up kyodai

Attached: 1566446125994.png (540x312, 249K)

>7 main games with the same gameplay, not including spinoffs, remakes and remasters
>Yakuza head decides to make something different because it's a fucking AssCreed series at this point

>Fanbase loses its shit and doesn't even think about giving it a chance even thought it's essentially a Yakuza game in all aspects except its beat em up gameplay

You fuckers have been gurpling the same gameplay constantly in such a short period of time and you're acting like you're some deprived fanbase of a series that doesn't get support at all. You *LITERALLY* just got Judgement released.

Play the fucking game and then decide for yourselves. Buy it, pirate it, whatever. Stop being such little bitches, you're acting just as bad as Megaman fans. Actually even worse, because Capcom legitimately gave up on it for a time.

i'm only going to give it a try because my son, ichiban kasuga, is in the game.

The second in command did it, you die in the end....or do you????

dojimasdragongirl.wordpress.com/2019/08/30/details-on-ryu-ga-gotoku-7s-battle-system-from-yokoyama/
before the thread dies, have a read of this as it's the devs describing the battle system.
also seems like we might get some mario rpgish shit in here with:
>And there are also some skills that require “action battle” style button mashing etc to perform

The point is that you've got a game series that's known for a certain type of gameplay, and then it gets its gameplay completely changed while keeping the name without being a spinoff of some manner or at least some gradual steps into that direction. At best you can argue maybe Clan Creator (Team loadouts), stat investment in the newer games, and the various equips put one foot in the door, but that's all I can see. It's diving with both feet first and praying it doesn't drown as its friend, Brand New Spinoff, is sitting on the other side of the pool watching. It simply doesn't make sense how their brand new spinoff with an entirely new cast made to break the mold of the usual Yakuza games didn't use this gameplay style as a launching point. They could have used Ichiban's game to experiment with the new styles, various mechanics added in Judgment (Minus the detective stuff), and so on as Judgment potentially became the RPG spinoff in the same series. Instead it's opposite land where the mainline wants to become the RPG and the spinoff wants to stay the course.

To me it was simply a poorly thought out plan on their part as seen by all the anger and confusion from both sides of the pond. Maybe Judgment was too far in development, maybe they want to reinvent the wheel of their main series for some reason like everything about Ichiban being a (mostly) clean slate for them, whatever the case may be what's done is done. I'm looking forward to it, I just don't understand their choice in upper management with regards to this. Judgment had to clear a hurdle anyway being a new IP from the team so it would have to prove itself regardless, the only thing this really does from an upper management level is get them some guaranteed sales due to the brand name.

Hey there its me again, yes the same guy as before, bet you didn't think you'd ever hear from me again! Anyway my first response to you was in fact a joke! I've never played the game and it's simply an educated guess! I've just bought the game too so lets find out together, okay?!

rent free

SOBER UP KYODAI, GANBATTE

Attached: Kiryu begone thor.jpg (1024x576, 64K)

That would be Shun Akiyama.

Attached: akiyama swiggity swooty.png (720x1280, 369K)

That sounds more like using a skill and then getting something akin to Hundred Fist Rush's inputs to see it do full damage to me.
>It’s partly decided by turn order and character parameters, but it’s not the case that the result will be the same whoever you use to attack the enemy. If you use a “run up” attack to attack someone at a distance, there’s a high possibility that other enemies will get in your way and block you.
This is what interests me more because it has to do with how the NPCs and environment are going to work. He makes it sounds like if you bump into stuff they can fall, so does this mean your guys can fail an attack if you tell them to rush at an inopportune time that they trip over something? It's also interesting that you kind of have to account for everyone else wandering around as you attack in general, if a guy decides he wants to stand in your way as the guy you chose to attack is far in the back and you attack the one in front it opens it up to some strategy.
>Also, if you knock an enemy into the road, they can get hit by passing cars. Of course that will damage them.
So it's going to use the physics to its advantage a lot.

The only thing that confuses me is he makes it sound like you can control the movement of your characters but the footage we've seen looks more random than anything.

>The only thing that confuses me is he makes it sound like you can control the movement of your characters but the footage we've seen looks more random than anything.
yeah, it confuses me too.
them walking around aimlessly might just be for some visual flair, as it's slightly more interesting than having them all stand in place doing nothing.

Neck yourself retard

C'mon now! we're like brothers HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH *slaps back repeatedly* FIGHT ME BROTHER HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

>even thought it's essentially a Yakuza game in all aspects except its beat em up gameplay
>it's a Yakuza game
>But without the gameplay
Did you even think before you typed this up you braindead retard?

SOBER UP KYODAI

This. Hopefully they change it back before release.

it looks incredibly campy and yet somehow still uninteresting. turn-based games have never been appealing to me. gameplay footage of them usually puts me to sleep. i don't see myself getting very into this, but am somehow optimistically willing to give it a shot.

time will tell but i think it looks r8 shit.

Maybe it just LOOKS shit? Like how all Yakuza combat is incredible but somehow looks really bad when you watch footage of it

I cracked the code.
Yea Forums always called Yakuza movie-game (series), so getting a turn-based Yakuza 7, would validate that opinion, which is why it's getting so much support opn this board.

Attached: 1551722123993.png (1079x1079, 628K)

Unbased zoomer

Finally found an yakuza thread, I have a good pc but never played this series and always wanted to get into it should I go release order (with the kiwami versions)?

Go chronological, 0 then K1, K1 makes some references to Y0.

Start with 0. Yakuza is the series of diminishing returns. Kiwami is shit, 3 is shit, 4 and 5 are okay but there is a lot of tedium and story bullshit in them, and then 6 is fucking terrible. It's really not worth playing so many games which are all so long only for so little payoff. They're only really suitable for players who have literally absolutely nothing else in their lives.

You're lucky if you manage to finish even just 0 without getting bored. But remember, the others are all far worse.

Don't use Kiwami as a substitute for 1 if you're using it as an entry point (I.E. your first game). It has multiple references to 0, Majima constantly references things he did from it, there's substories that continue on from it (Though they're invalidated by 6), there's substories about the era, and Kiryu rarely mentions stuff from 0 as well. Either play 0 and then K1, etc in chronological order, or play PS2 1, and go along from there in release order. K1 expects you to be coming off of 0 even though it's essentially just a remake of 1.

I almost reached the final boss and stopped playing because the story had completely gone to shit and the enemies in the last area were designed purely to waste your fucking time

Will start with 0 then, my plan is to play until the end of 2 to come to a conclusion if I will play the rest or not. But I really love yakuza-like stories because they are usually comical and serious in the same measure