Smash IS supposed to be about gaming's biggest icons, right...

Smash IS supposed to be about gaming's biggest icons, right? So how come we're not getting the character that basically invented the FPS genre?
Instead we get:
>protagonist from generic weaboo jrpg 85
>protagonist from series that doesn't sell for shit outside of japan
>forgotten furfag from generic platformer 32 that got in over steve who is from the best selling game of all time (not a stevefag, i despise minecraft with a burning passion, its literally just ms paint with blocks that redditfags go crazy over, but i acknowledge that he makes the most sense) and master chief, xbox's mascot because seething NEET boomerfags can't handle the fact that kids today don't care about bing bing wahoo
>and a character from a literal who company

Attached: Doomslayer Smash Bros Splash Screen.jpg (1800x1060, 166K)

Other urls found in this thread:

webcitation.org/5nXieXX2B?url=http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/library/historical_data/pdf/consolidated_sales_e0912.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You're making us look bad you fucking rosterfag

Attached: disgusting.png (261x295, 152K)

Seethe and cope banjo is in smash

I agree put in Master Chief.

Doom sells like absolute shit in Japan.

Doom Slayer will never be in Smash Bros. Why even ask?

Doom is literal who too

Because Nintendo of Japan picked the characters, so its Japan first, the rest of the world second. Gaijin's only get nostalgia bear.

And how would you balance a gun user in a smash game, shisposter-kun?

Attached: 4c3.png (225x237, 64K)

Smash is major Nintendo characters + whoever else they want added, people need to stop treating it as the end-all-be-all of gaming mascots and historical character
Nintendo fans should also play more fucking games outside of Nintendo systems and realize how much exists outside their bubble

Attached: luluco akko.jpg (589x689, 117K)

maybe you'll get in mortal kombat, cuck.

Anyone who refers to Banjo as a furfag outs themselves as retarded, prove me wrong

>we're not getting the character that basically invented the FPS genre?

well it is a platformer user

Can we please stop giving this falseflagger our attention

Smash doesn't need anymore ranged characters in the game as it is.

Seethe harder, Doomcuck.

Attached: 1538371444948.gif (540x304, 1.86M)

I'm so glad Bethesda invented FPS games.

Attached: Doompilled.jpg (1394x668, 183K)

No, icons is a rule that Rosterfags made up. It's simply what franchises mean the most to Nintendo executives & Otaku

God you doomfags are starting to get on my nerves. Piss off already.

>doom slayer

Attached: 1519932258198.png (123x123, 22K)

Doomfags literally got BTFO'd after Nakoruru got in, because now that all but guarantees the last character is going to be from Tecmo or Capcom

Fuck off falseflagger.

Doom Man would be based to have

Be grateful you got K Rool due to western demand.
Be grateful you got Ridley due to western demand.
Be grateful you got Banjo due to western demand at all.
Its quite greedy and selfish of you gaijins to get so much blessings, and continue to expect more.

Source?

permafist berserk. pistol/shotgun/chaingun/rocket launcher specials. BFG final smash.

Attached: 1393791394439.gif (700x567, 109K)

why would doomguy be the grim reaper?

Snake/Bayo/Joker only worked because they have melee-focused abilities more than their ranged ones. Doomguy using fists is fucking dumb.

>westerners get three of their characters in the game, only to turn around and keep asking for more
>from a japanese company

I too, think all chinese restaurants should have half their menu be italian food.

some japs actually like rare too, i doubt any of them actually give a shit about doom since most of them hate FPS.

Doombros have been making themselves look bad until the based otis poster puts them in their place.

Attached: 1566868124025.jpg (1280x1745, 344K)

Super Shotgun can be used as the close range, dumb faggot.

I'm pretty sure Shotties don't shit at long range at all.

That's because these guys are falseflaggers.

Smash brothers is an international series. However, it's not about who gets more or less. It's about sakurai and nintendo appeasing demand. There's no limit to how many characters any one country, company, or series gets. If it makes fans happy and brings in the cash, why would they care? America is a huge fucking market.

>All of the bad fans are falseflaggers

Suure whatever you need to tell yourself

>tecmo
My nigja

Attached: D9B60A46-8DFE-4E07-B2EF-07F2B944FFF2.png (1200x1600, 3.23M)

Too good for Smash
His legacy will outlive other chatacter's
It's Smash that does not deserve him, not the other way around

This is not going to age well.

Attached: 1546855301206.png (551x713, 515K)

No gaijin, what country saved america's video game crash? America sure didn't, it was Japan. Video games would be stuck in the Atari era if it wasn't for Nintendo. You ungrateful gaijins need to learn your place, without Japan, Nintendo would be nothing. Nintendo thrives on Japan buying up handhelds in mass. Nintendo thrives on Japan buying in mass loli dating simulators. Japan is Nintendo's lifeblood, they cannot survive without them.

Fellow doombros, let's please remember that this isn't a race to get in first.
Making fun of other people doesn't make us any better than the stevefags.
If he gets in, amazing. If he doesn't, don't go throwing a huge fit.
Please let doomguy have the one support group that's chill.

Attached: 1567282985095.png (197x190, 54K)

Seething samefag.

Well, Reimufags were getting the short end of the stick with falseflaggers.

Sucks for them, but they are too obvious.

>Doomtranny already coping

This.

>gaming's biggest icons
Nah, Sakurai serves the boomers and the Japanese peepee pants. He doesn't make a gaming hall of fame. Hero got in because Japanese men flip their lid at the sight of him. Banjo/Kazooie got in because Dunkey won't stop talking about it how good their game is.

Can't explain why Joker got in. Sakurai just likes Persona, and it's a good series nonetheless.

If the game was about gaming icons, we wouldn't have Olimar, Villager, Incineroar, Captain Falcon, or like 70% of the cast. It's pretty obvious Sakurai just makes Nintendo icons and whoever the community asks for at this point.

This.

I know this is a dumb shitpost but it's too easy

You do know that nintendo sold the NES in America too, right?
Infact, it sold much better in America.
webcitation.org/5nXieXX2B?url=http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/library/historical_data/pdf/consolidated_sales_e0912.pdf

Attached: CLoheHB.png (360x114, 7K)

America is the biggest market for games along with bugmen in China. nips gaming market shifted to mobile. Westfags legit have better taste and are the only ones playing by the massive icon/series important rule , when it has never mattered and its just Sakurai adding whoever to his wet dream game
Im just glad he has enough self awareness to not add gacha shit

Attached: 1534818340303.jpg (604x453, 75K)

>Everyone I don't like is a tranny!!!!!!!

No, Smash is supposed to be a Nintendo character brawler and sometimes it has guests. Fuck off with this stupid representation and importance shit.

It's obvious.

Doombros are better than this... I, in behalf of the obvious falseflaggers, I apologize for anyone offended.

Link? I'd love to see that?

This but unironically.

Reasons for plausibility:
>Doomguy has Nintendo history on SNES and N64
>DOOM has presence on Switch now outside of Smash
>Doomguy is the classic FPS staple, a genre not represented in Smash
>Moveset already pre-made for Smash
>Classic and fanservice character

Reasons against plausibility:
>Western character
>FPS character, a genre Japs really don't give a fuck about
>Source material violent on a level beyond all others present in Smash with real-ass guns and chainsaw for weapons

He has a chance, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Again, stupid gaijin thinking sales matter, for every successful thing that sells great outside Japan, Nintendo has five things more that sold great only in Japan. Japan is highly enjoying Mother 3 foolish gaijin.

ok cuck

Assuming you mean link to the otis dude?
Just wait. He always shows up in these doom threads sooner or later.

>Smash IS supposed to be about gaming's biggest icons, right?
What? No. Who the fuck ever said that? What kind of fucking idiot thinks that a game featuring characters like Lucas, Roy(or most of the FE characters), and Incineroar is about having gaming's biggest icons? Most of the roster is literally who's at this point.

Seriously, Is that why Bayonetta's there? Because she's one of the biggest Icons in gaming?

Westerners can cry Nintendo all day long if they want, but that's for Nintendo of America to listen to. Then they speak to Nintendo of Japan and get a response of "uh, I guess...can you just tell them YOU censored it?" or "well if translating is expensive, just don't, they won't miss the game, and if they do, they can just learn japanese". You are asking Nintendo of Japan, to care about westerners. Can't you see what is wrong with that?

Why do you rulefags continue shilling these meme when fucking Nakoruru is in Smash?

I won't even be mad if Doomguy doesn't get in. He's always been a pipe dream and I have Eternal to look forward to

This.
Him getting in would be amazing, but we still have his games to have fun with if he doesn't.

Fuck doom and fuck quake and fuck counter strike and fuck Golden eye and fuck perfect dark and fuck call of duty.

I don’t give a shit about any of those at all fuck off rosterfag

FTFY

Attached: 231B31C1-C213-45FB-B20B-0B4FA5FDE6B0.png (1022x557, 774K)

Samus is already in Smash & Metroid Prime is the most acclaimed FPS game ever
Doom sells like shit on Nintendo consoles since people had GoldenEye
Anyone who didn't grow up with a PC in the 90s likely has no idea who Doomguy is
Nintendo fans absolutely don't give a shit about him, since he was irrelevant until tons of fake leaks showed up
Face it Doomfags, your literal who character isn't getting in. All of the other characters are popular as fuck among Nintendo fans

Cringe

Conker will never get in

Shame that my two most wanteds got practically deconfirmed over a stupid mishap

Attached: 35B1AC9A-A6C4-4BCE-BE08-27687019846D.png (1332x860, 262K)

>So how come we're not getting the character that basically invented the FPS genre?
BJ Blaskowitz?

Based anti-shooter simulator user, these franchises suck, are boring, way too similar to each, and encourage children to harm others.

Doomguy was never an icon in any way. Even in the US.

Why does this one space marine make rosterfags red with rage?

Attached: megatexture.png (309x385, 248K)

desu with Simon, K Rool, and Banjo all getting in this game, all of which I never thought would ever be in Smash after tr4sh, I've got nothing to get hype about but extremely fringe unlikely picks like Doomguy

Whatever else is in the fighter pass for DLC I might be a bit disappointed if they're just marketing picks like another FE character, I got my bruhs and I can still have the possibility of getting another never ever like doomguy

Based.

If you think SNK is a literal who, then you're a literal retard.

Doomguy is my most wanted and you falseflagging Steve niggers need to fuck off

Samus is a first party character and at the time Samus was added to Smash the Prime series did not even exist.
Irrelevant.
DOOM is an iconic IP outside of PCfags. It even got a movie. Not to mention it is not only a PC game.
And yet this thread is full of Nintendo fans who give a shit about him.

Seethe, dilate, drink bean-based milk substitute, have sex, cope, etc.

>sales don't matter but sales matter

Smash fans don't play other games. Who would've thought?

It's become THE method of spotting underages in these threads.

Attached: smug.png (675x675, 440K)

>literal who spic Capcom
Yeah that's right

no its supposed to be about nintendos

Carmack doesn't care about doom tho. He's just a tech guy known for quake

The real question is, would it be Doomguy design, or Doomslayer design?

in doom they do
in real life they do

It'd be the Eternal design.
The alts in pic related would be pure kino.

Attached: alt concepts.png (1920x1080, 1.7M)

Nah, a Shotgun in real life is non-lethal at a very long range...

In Smash? Maybe 0.5% damage each shot at long range.

You are also forgetting the Crucible Sword from Eternal... Completely viable for Smash attacks.

My guess is doomguy, since smash characters like using the "classic" looks (pacman, old short megaman, old banjo, etc)
Eternal/16 may be an alt but I feel like guy would be the main.

>You are also forgetting the Crucible Sword from Eternal... Completely viable for Smash attacks.
Doomguy is just a more agile ganon oh god no

Attached: 6e4.jpg (342x342, 9K)

>generic
how many times can one person use this word before realizing the irony

Based. Fuck FPS zoomers.

I want Doom guy and Geno to make it into smash so there can be fan art of them showing their guns to each other and geeking out

Attached: 1537070787125.png (374x558, 234K)

It’s either gonna be Kasumi, Ayane or Hayabusa. Nobody knows who it is, we assume Team Ninja has the most power at Tecmo since DOA is their most profitable franchise & these characters have been flavor of the month picks that nobody expects. But again a character being so expected makes them unexpected

It's going to be Rachel.

Attached: Ninja Gaiden - Rachel combo.webm (900x506, 2.9M)

reminder that bethesda is the last major third party supporter for switch that still has not gotten some form of representation in Smash
>koei tecmo
Koei tecmo has representation with spirits and an assist trophy

>Sigma fags

Don’t forget this gem

Attached: 99FE6B9C-D970-4A22-93C6-89D8EED2DF8E.jpg (1242x1065, 604K)

>DOOM is to the US what Dragon Quest is to Japan
why does this fit so well

fuck off smashniggers, this is now a doom eternal thread

Attached: 1560307316569.jpg (1085x810, 368K)

He's saying that Doom popularized the FPS genre like how Dragon Quest popularized the JRPG.

You said the same shit about banjo and look how that ended up

People actually wanted banjo

Except he's not because prior to this tweet he says that the man he was talking to told him just how much of a phenomenon that DQ is to the point where it even has amusement parks.

Is there something wrong with this fact?

Based.

Attached: Doom Eternal Doomguy in a cannon.webm (640x360, 2.97M)

>Dragon Quest amusement parks
Well shit I know what I'm gonna do when I go to Japan some day.

Fucking kino

Attached: ooooooooooo.jpg (480x534, 18K)

>Gamings biggest icons
>Doomguy, a character who was for a good part of it's life completely overshadowed by multiple other FPS games
>When Doom didn't actually invent the FPS genre
Nigger like hell is Doomguy happening, I'd sooner expect fucking Gordon Freeman or Master Chief or some shit.

>protagonist from generic weaboo jrpg 85
In a game made in Japan
>protagonist from series that doesn't sell for shit outside of japan
In a game made in Japan
>forgotten furfag from generic platformer 32
From a game duo that was stupidly popular not just in Japan but globally

tl;dr: You are a dumb, bald faggot.

Attached: latest.png (472x908, 94K)

based SNK chad

All banjofags are also conkerfags

Attached: 92B9FC6F-DE48-46EF-B05A-FB04C9096953.jpg (1024x496, 71K)

Who's it gonna be? WHO'S IT GONNA BEEEEE!?!

Attached: be8a1b31439c00bd7af2dff16d1e42ffb5b619fb_hq.jpg (1024x576, 64K)

>westerners
Westerners are the reason why these slant-eye companies are so big

Nakoruru is a fucking insult.
Tell me.
How many of you would rather Omochao and Charmie the Honeybee instead of Sonic? Exactly.

Attached: 1563685743795.png (800x700, 764K)

Biggest doomfag here to say: Fio would amazing.

no

Absolutely based

Attached: 1566857531572.jpg (225x225, 14K)

Nakoruru was the first Samurai Shodown inclusion in Capcom vs SNK, SNK Gals Fighter, Match of the Millennium, & SNK Heroines, and has starred in 25 titles since her debut.

Attached: pssst.jpg (688x456, 27K)

Can someone link me to the "Marty hesitating before saying "Super Smash Bros."? I wanna read/see this.

>DOOM amusement parks

Attached: 1404956230412.png (132x54, 14K)

Nope. What made you ever thin that? 3rd party inclusion are typically made due to fan demand or as an advertisement to a soon-to-be-released-on-Nintendo-hardware title, like the new Samurai Shodown game that came out last June for the PS4.

>Doomguy
ftfy

get fucked zoom zoom

I'm actually trying to take a break from Smash threads for now
But if you want the pasta, here it is
>Marty hesitating
Both men were tired and I guarantee you could probably find similar "hesitation" in the interview for pretty much anything
>Sakurai's comment
Sakurai loves video games and understands history
What a shocker
>More surprises for Nintendo fans
Could've easily meant the recent ports
Its Pete Hines of course he'd think that'd be hype inducing
>"Oh yeah"
Could've been Bethesda/Hines approaching Nintendo and them saying no or not even bothering to answer. Also the interviewer asked if Pete Hines specifically talked to Nintendo about it and he said those conversations don't necessarily happen with him.
>Hugo turning his head quickly
Could've just been him waiting for Marty to finish
>Marty clasping his cheeks after finishing
He does that numerous times throughout the interview
He just does it to prepare for the next question
>Mick Gordon not specifying the Heavy Metal Choir to be Doom Eternal but Doom related still
A vlog from one of the performers indicates that at the very least, she thinks it was for Eternal
And while the pitch was done in January (the same month Grant Kirkhope was contacted) it doesn't line up with Sakurai's comment that Grant was the first western composer he's worked with unless he also means he worked with Gordon at the same time.

Do I want Doomguy in?
Yes
Is he as likely as people say he is?
No

Attached: 1540169331347.png (528x501, 293K)

honestly nice edit lol

No. It's about Nintendo mascots fighting each other. You're lucky to have any third parties at all, selfish cunt.

This desu

How greedy can mad hoes get.

All the important Nintendo mascots are in thou

That's hilariously false and completely opposite. If it wasn't for those "slant-eye" companies, you'd still be hitting a dot with two rectangles.

Go fuck yourself. I've always hated the mindset that only the best-selling and most popular stuff should be the only stuff that gets in Smash. Everyone has different interests, and they're not all gonna be super popular. SNK, while popular, certainly never found as much worldwide success as the other Japanese game development giants, so the idea that Sakurai gets to pick a relatively more niche character(s?) for Smash is really cool, and showcases some taste.

Attached: mai.png (1243x2000, 1.54M)

What hope does Mai havve of proper representation when they killed Samus' thiccness from Sm4sh?

That's fine. Don't burn yourself out over something as silly as speculation.
Your word shall not be forgotten as you take your break, don't worry.

Attached: MegaSalute.jpg (260x450, 67K)

If Bayo and Palutena can be in Smash, then so can Mai.

>Westfags legit have better taste
Imagine actually believing this.

Attached: 392.jpg (342x192, 13K)

>series can't get popular outside of Japan based off its own merits
>dump it in Smash I guess
Fucking sick of this already

Fuck off, third parties should always be popular and exciting characters, not niche garbage.

None of the Fighter Pass characters have been exciting to me yet though.

>gacha shit, waifushit, gacha waifushit
That's basically Japan's taste, he isn't wrong
Even DQ was cause of Sakurai and not fan demand

Waifus are based though. Le macho rip and tear man with weapons is boring as fuck, and Banjo was a shitty pick too.

>doom
>tranny
Pick one and only one.

>Metroid Prime is the most acclaimed FPS game ever

Retard

They are cringe and I'm glad will never touch this game

They're not nearly as stacked.

It's not a fucking competition Jesus Christ

Based
Doom zoomies BTFO

I feel your pain OP

Attached: my-image.png (980x271, 315K)

>FE
>JRPG

Doom... Zoomies? Isn't that kind of an oxymoron considering most people who both want him in Smash and even cared for '16 are hardcore OG Doom players?