American arcades in 2019

>American arcades in 2019

Attached: 20190901_205129.jpg (4032x3024, 3.31M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HRWRILlgOZc
youtube.com/watch?v=qSlU3NVnt3U
youtube.com/watch?v=Yq-Vj-SLSwQ
youtu.be/I9EadZtJg00
youtube.com/watch?v=2SyLkZNQmXE
mikesarcade.com/cgi-bin/spies.cgi?action=url&type=pinout&page=Jamma.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>not a single fucking pinball machine

Go to a Round1, faggot. They're fun as hell.

Arcades are mostly dead, most of them are games from mobile ports.

>Last arcade I went to was at the Three Bears Water park
>There was no tickets or coins it literally just cash and a plastic card
I remember there was a nuGalaga machine that I beat on the first try

what about vr arcades?

>4 quarters just for that
Goddamn. What happened to having an arcade experience like The House of The Dead for just one quarter?

That is Round1 you fucking retard. Every single 1 has flappy jew in it.

Minnesota?

Well, yeah, no shit. It's a garbage ticket game. Round1 sections off shit ticket games into their own little ghetto so all the games that are actually good don't have to be anywhere near them.

arcades are like a exclusivity for rich fags now so you better have enough money to even buy a soda. If you go to a cheap one chances are no air conditioning, but you have actually good games there.

but the was picture clearly taken from the equator

Yep

Oh shit, I live in the same town as you

Know anybody named Dalton?

No.

WHERE MY WEEB RHYTHM GAMES MACHINES AT?!!!!!!!!!!

Reddit is that way faggot

>local arcade got DDR extreme
it's pretty fun

>RAW THRILLS

KILL ME!!!!

Somehow my arcade still has a fully functioning sega model 3 that's been in service for over 20 years now.

WHERES MY F-ZERO MACHINES

Attached: boostpowah.jpg (1280x720, 69K)

It's actually been like this for like 5 years minimum

>Mobile nuGaming
>WORDFILTERboys
>Hipsters
>Consoles becoming powerful
>Online
>people stop getting their asses out of their houses and actually socialize.
>shitty MAME cabs

Attached: 1567375312423.png (610x800, 84K)

Thats not a Dave and Busters

Even classic arcades kind of suck desu. I have a couple of classic arcades in my hometown, and after you play a couple cabnets you realize how every game is just one of 3 or so variations of eachother. Even at a quarter a piece I never have any incentive to go to them that often. Let's face it, arcades were prpbably awesome back in the day, but we've been spoiled with console and pc gaming, and after the first trip to a classic arcade, and after the nostalgia wears off, you really have no incentive to go back ever again.

Pinball machines are the hardest to maintain, unfortunately.

There are still good arcades, but they are pretty rare
that is round 1 you idiot

House of the Dead Scarlett Dawn is like $1.75 a credit if you convert Round 1 moons and its worth every penny.

At least it was until they took out the amazing gun recoil that changes per weapon and disabled "X-Treme" sound at my location what a bunch of gaylords.

>he doesn't know about the good barcades that have The Addams Family pinball machines.

Attached: IMG_1639.jpg (1700x1048, 305K)

I fucking hate this shit. I live in Canada and all the touristy places I used to go to have changed the old arcades I remember to nothing but this shit. I took my nephew to the places I used to play at hoping there'd at least be a galaga or old pinball corner for me to dick around in while he played the redemption machines but they were nowhere to be found.

Closest place I got to was the arcade at Marineland. It's full of crusty old machines and actually had SF2 (original) and MK3 but the SF2 machine had a broken player 2 coin slot so I couldn't even fight anyone. They also had a huge sit down Virtua Fighter 2 machine with a giant screen but the controls were all rat chewed with exposed wires everywhere, with a joystick that barely read any inputs. I also saw a Killer Instinct cab but it was off and covered in a thick layer of dust so it probably hasn't worked in decades. It's just so sad and frustrating.

how much do you lactate huh fag?

>Tfw found an arcade does that Free Play for 10/hr
>They have 12 Mame Cabnients that have pretty much every arcade game before 2005 on em
>One Mame with Gun games but its really wonky
>Three mames with console games on them if thats your thing
>All the House of the Deads, Carnevil, DDR

Its so much fun I will weep the day they get pummled for the mames

>end up going to Chuck E Cheese with the wife and kid
>they find some platformer mobile game thing that vaguely looks like Q*Bert
>get some dinky amount of tickets after 4 or 5 tries
>"user, you try, it's tricky!"
>patiently time the jumps and reach the top in one go
>get the jackpot bonus
>game spits out 550 tickets for kiddo
>she's laughing as they just keep rolling out of the machine
>wife is pissed that I made it look so easy

Attached: giphy.gif (260x179, 492K)

This is the best pinball machine, honestly if I had the funds I'd buy one to keep at my house. I could play it for free all the time.

Attached: simpsonspinball.jpg (2048x1536, 932K)

Round one is a Jew scam. I always try playing the claw ufo machines and they’re fucking rigged. My friend works there and says he never sees anyone win

That's not the addams family. Did you mean to post the addams family machine?

I actually haven't played the addams family machine, so I guess I'm being biased, but what makes it superior to other pinball machines?

Either you're making this up or your wife is a colossal cunt and you'll be getting a divorce some day.
No half way decent woman, let alone a good one, is going to get mad at her husband for putting a smile on their child's face.

Not like /vr/ is any better. I literally got banned for making a thread about shmups, because shmups made in the 80s "aren't retro"

They're based around the algorithm. Seen winners and plenty of losers. Winners happen every hundreth or so of the chance if they're good.

Of course it's rigged, what games aren't?
youtube.com/watch?v=HRWRILlgOZc

They need more space for the CRT threads, because televisions have fuck all to do with video games

>Here's your 2010s Fighting Cabinet Bro!
youtube.com/watch?v=qSlU3NVnt3U

Attached: injustice.jpg (688x902, 108K)

>playing claw machines
>ever
nigger you're the retard here, you go to round1 for the good games, not the ticket games or the rigged carny shit

I emptied the tickets from this shitty machine during my sisters birthday. The ticket exchange person had to come refill the machine for me just so it could spit out a couple hundred more. I bought two medium sized plushies, two slushies, two bags of popcorn and I still had tickets leftover for my sister to use next time. It was a fun. All the cabinets at my local arcade are now arcade ports of mobile games now and I haven't been there since.

I wish there was a Pop'n machine near me. I play usaneko at home with asc but an actual cabinet would be nice to play on for once. Sucks living in the middle of nowhere up in leafland

Attached: 1564401839046.png (634x857, 324K)

I leave with a pile of plushies every time
Literally get good

GROOVE COASTER > TAIKO > POP'N > ALL ELSE

>japanese arcades in 2019

Attached: DmcyTU9UYAAWx58.jpg (900x1200, 243K)

Speaking of pinball, does anyone make pinball video games anymore? I can't recall any releases for this genre

I heard there's even a FGO arcade there.

>there's 400 arcades left in Japan
Yikes. And the problem isn't demand. It's the fucking rent

>thought they used a trackball from those fucking golf games instead of a stick
>upon closer inspection, that's the special attack button
>there is no stick
who the fuck makes a fighting game without a stick?
>raw thrills
of course

It looks even worse in person. Literal single-digit FPS

youtube.com/watch?v=Yq-Vj-SLSwQ

>I remember there was a nuGalaga machine that I beat on the first try
You mean the two player one with the blasters? There's an arcade at a local amusement park that has one of those and it's already broken. They started installing new machines but won't fix the old ones. Galaga just can't be played with two people, just like Connect Four and Marvel vs Capcom. Some other games don't work at all.
The Walking Dead game is pretty good, though. They went HotD with it.

There's only one barcade where I live and it fucking sucks. Half a dozen machines, two pool tables and a foosball table. Ohx but they have pixel art on the walls and serve things like the "Bowser Bomb" so it's totally lit senpai

Who Groove Coaster here? Trying to S rank You are the Miserable on Hard, my best attempt was about 10k away

Attached: 20190829_122529.jpg (4032x3024, 2.88M)

It was literally Galaga with new effects and a boss fight at the end

You're thinking of nuSpace Invaders

>not playing hibachi
youtu.be/I9EadZtJg00

>player 2 coin slot
larping zoomer

The Round1 in Grapevine, TX has a Melty Blood cabinet.

There's something worse than even a shitty MAME cabinet, original PCBs hooked up to an LCD. So close, yet so far.

Usually at the claw games at Walmart or my grocery store I win something after 3-4 dollars. I usually play those cheap dollar ones for dog toys for my puppy.

Have you guys played Toreba? What’re your thoughts

Do they have Jewpuncher?

Attached: 1552886214694.jpg (1280x720, 95K)

>Do they have Jewpuncher?
Yes.
Melty Blood is better

What? You've never seen arcades with separate coin slots for players? Have you seen an arcade machine at all?

And before you say "Just put more coins in the first slot and second player can just join in" It didn't work when we tried it. It just gave player 1 more credits.

Attached: iu[1].jpg (454x604, 69K)

How the fuck do they put an injustice cabinet and it's not the actual game?! I mean, is that shit even cheaper to build?

Respect your senpai, for even melty blood acknowledges the third reich. I really do wish they had Blitzkampf and melty blood in California. They have only Chaos Code, Blazblue, GG Samsho and KOF.

Attached: Adler.jpg (576x1024, 43K)

At this point I need closure. I don't even look at the screen until the post-intermission spiral anymore, i have everything down to muscle memory but keep fucking up at the part right before the finale with the directional 16th notes

>the problem isn't money, it's money
so the problem is demand. if it wasn't, they could just charge more to pay the rent. the fact that they can't keep up with inflation is reflective of falling demand.

They literally just ported the Mobile adaptation. So yes it makes more sense to make an arcade gacha game than bring over the actual fighting game.

>Toreba
I won a lot of shit back then, kinda got bored. If you spend 10 bucks you get a ticket everyday that last 30 hours. You can play twice that way.
pic related, I didn't spend a single dime apart from the first 10 dollar.

Attached: toreba.png (1920x1080, 332K)

Is SamSho out? Last time I was there they just had it on a coming soon reel

dedicated coin slots are usually only seen on 4 player machines. they're almost unheard of on 2 player machines. that's because if someone is trying to steal your credits you know exactly who did it. nice try covering your larp, zoomer

>dedicated coin slots are usually only seen on 4 player machines. they're almost unheard of on 2 player machines
No they're not, you fucking retard. What the hell is wrong with you?

You can choose not to believe me but whatever. It's the SF2 machine at Marineland at Niagra Falls, Ontario. The second player coin slot was taped over, so we put more money in the 1st player slot but when we pressed second player start nothing happened. I literally have no reason to lie on an anonymous Chinese basket weaving forum, so make what you want of that information.

It already passed that, I believe.

youtube.com/watch?v=2SyLkZNQmXE
>"Only for games made after the 1990's does the coin slot used not matter"
>Tries to out a zoomer
>Ends up being the zoomer himself
The absolute state of this dude

Attached: iu[2].jpg (800x491, 24K)

>almost unheard of on 2P machines
mikesarcade.com/cgi-bin/spies.cgi?action=url&type=pinout&page=Jamma.html
How does it feel being this stupid?

lmao rekt

Theres the new Time Crisis at Dave and Busters usually

user, are you on crack? Every 90s Arcade Machine had 2 player coin slots.

And if it was the rare 1p machine or something totally old school you'd practice the etiquette of "quarter up" to say you had the next game.

Hell yeah, thanks for the heads up

It’s dumb as hell considering that they have a fucking CRT general.

That place has one of the worst fucking restrooms in my life. The one in Irvine is especially dreadful.

Try the machines that has a chain with an S hook attached to the middle of it and make it hook the ring on top of a white or red box. That shit is easy as fuck and I actually got a Nami(One Piece) and Sakura(Card Captor Sakura) figurines from those machines.

Fucking kek, nice job trying to fit zoomer.

Attached: kyoretsuden.gif (610x450, 2.28M)

I live less than an hour from Galloping Ghost so I really can't complain about anything. I'm just pissed the last time I went the F-Zero AX machine was down and the Monkey Ball machine's joystick wasn't working

Attached: 1540428355959.jpg (310x368, 57K)

Expensive to start-up and people don’t really care about tech these days unless it has social media baked in.

is chuck e cheese considered arcade?

>never going to enter a random bar or laundromat and find a Osman machine to put a quarter and 1cc
Mame and a fighting stick isn't the same, dudes...

Attached: rarefrogman.png (300x250, 15K)

I have the dream of building my only rocking Mame Machine. But I know it would be utterly infuriating because it wouldn't feel right unless it was perfect down to having a proper Arcade CRT.

I totally blame Digital Fondry's DFRetro because that bastard John makes me more aware of the details that separate Emus from real hardware.

Just buy a nipponese candy jab.

Why are the suicide rates so high in Japan when they have such great arcades? I would never think of killing myself with so many rhythm games around.

this... I just want to play dance rush stardom and sound voltex...

get rich and get a supergun

My laundromat has Marvel vs Street Fighter and Medal Slug X, shit is cash.

Any recommended sites? Candy Cab would be attractive for the size.

>ywn play Maximum Tune 6

Attached: file.png (205x246, 44K)

>You're now old enough to be the creep that never leaves the machine

Back the way you came?

i live in central jersey and my local arcade doesn't have that stupid shit. sage.

I fucking hate it. There's no fighting game cabinets anywhere.

>Round one is a Jew scam.
It's literally a Japanese arcade chain. There are no Jews involved.

> tfw there was one that had kof and metal slug in one package.
> tfw that place closed years ago.

It was the most widely-distributed pin made because EVERY movie theatre wound up having one to tie-in with the film. It's good but it's IMO nowhere near the best Pat Lawlor table. I personally prefer Twilight Zone way more and want to sink my teeth more into Dialed In! and Willy Wonka, but I don't know many places that have either of those.
If you like TSPP you should take a look at some of the other pins Keith Johnson coded. He's known in the biz for being responsible for some of the deepest rulesets in pinball, and TSPP is certainly no exception to that. There's also stuff like LotR which is so deep that almost nobody has actually experienced its final wizard mode personally. My current favorite pin is The Hobbit which he also coded, but that one seems to be a real polarizing entry.

Attached: adams_family_playfield.jpg (820x1235, 367K)

I hate this plastic card shit you get at arcades nowadays. It used to be 1 or 2 quarters/tokens a game, but now you've gotta spend like $3 for one play. Not to mention, the majority of what you'll see in there is all digitalized crap you can get for free on a smartphone. It's like the reverse of porting arcade games to home consoles, and now parents have to blow way more cash for their kids in an afternoon at the arcade.

He's right.
I love my Pac-man and shit like that, but when I feel like something with more substance, I'm not going to the arcade.

Zen Studios does, but it appears that they've put most of their original table development on hold now that they have the Bally/Williams licenses. As for actual new stuff you've got Demon's Tilt, which I personally am waiting to finish early access before I check it out, but it looks amazing.

Attached: demons tilt.jpg (1920x1080, 1.07M)

I used to go with my dad to the horse races once a month and it had an arcade where I would hang out most of the day. Played a ton of SF2 and this pinball machine.

Attached: Bally-PLAYBOY-2.jpg (768x1024, 292K)

Ah yes, gambling for kids.
But it's okay, the creators "cared" about the quality of the product, it wasn't just to create a bigger dopamine rush endlessly perfected in disgusting corperate behavior.

IT WAS SOUL.

>Zen finally puts their star wars pins on switch
>don't even integrate them into Pinball FX3
Fuck it, didn't even want them anyway now that they're putting out adaptations of real pins.

Shut up, commie.

So what's your favorite arcade game?
I remember playing this wierd game called Panic King or something like that. it was pretty dope.

Attached: 1547351486155.gif (350x280, 2.59M)

>Round Ones near me only have normie dogshit and phone games

Attached: cat.jpg (800x800, 69K)

At least it still exists. I just go to some 19+ hole in the wall to play tome crisis 2 when I am bored.
pinball machines are pointless

>pinball machines are pointless
no more pointless than any other non-redemption game

pinball machines are great fuck you

here in europe kids play with grenades on the street

yes but it is basically mindless rng.

Not in the least. Skilled players are more than capable of implementing proper techniques and pair that with knowledge of a pin's layout/rules to essentially get what they're shooting for.

Attached: POST-PASS.gif (300x300, 155K)

Play SDVX

Attached: 72084276_p0.jpg (1288x900, 992K)

fuck lff jack black

A Round 1 near me has the Castlevania shooter game. Fun as hell.

Step aside. Best pinball table coming through.
>Shoot ball into the castle entrance
>First you got to lower drawbridge
>Then open the gate
>Now you can shoot it into the castle entrance
>Castle collapses after shooting the ball into the entrance

This table was based as fuck.

Attached: medieval-madness.jpg (945x1500, 830K)

When I was a kid, a local restaurant had an Apollo 13 pinball machine
They got rid of it years ago