Which one was the better game?

Which one was the better game?

Attached: 220px-Batman_Arkham_Asylum_Videogame_Cover.jpg (439x277, 63K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/WQtyD8ZicvY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Overall, City. Asylum was good, but the combat just feels limited compared to City, plus the cape mechanics are more fun to use.

City was a real sequel. Everything from combat, gliding, missions and enviroment was upgraded. Im always amazed when I play City after a playthrough of the entire serie

The mad max game

Attached: spl5022031_002.jpg (618x410, 72K)

Knight = bigger and betta.

I enjoyed asylum more but objectively probably city.

City really bothered my collecting everything autism though, was too much shit and most of the time you had to go back for it later, by that time you ran into 800 other things you need to go back later for so you just forget.

It's almost like comparing Super Metroid to Prime. They are both great but they accomplish different things. Asylum is a complete package. City has improved combat, better bosses, but the openness of the world can detract and distract from the fluidity Asylum had since you have to trek all over the place.

I would play any game in the series any time though. Fuck the people that shit on the combat. It's basically a rhythm game, and the goal is to get the best Batscore.

This, backtracking through every level to get Riddler's trophies is such a pain

The only part that bother me was going into the subway system to get underground.
I would get lost doing it every single time and I 100% it twice on 360 and PC meaning I did it 4 times cuz of New Game+.

I always had a big problem with City. I dunno, the concept just felt so forced sequelly. I preferred how Knight gave you a portion of the city to explore without the prison gimmick again.

I played Asylum for its 10th anniversary and I was taken by how complete the world felt. No unnecessary corners, every bit of architecture was used for a battle or a trophy or something. Compared to city, there is very little dead space. But the combat was more limited, I kept trying to do city moves but they wouldnt work because the combat was barebones in comparison. World wise, I think I preferred asylum, but I'll have to replay city to say for sure.

I made some videos if youre into that.
youtu.be/WQtyD8ZicvY

Post your favorite boss in the series
>I couldn't resist, it was the role of a lifetime

Attached: BatmanArkhamCity-Clayface.jpg (756x426, 81K)

I think we all agree Mr Freeze was the best boss in the series

Man the remaster looks really bad
They got the color scheme of the original completely wrong

This

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 164K)

I prefer actually fighting Deathstroke and Bane in Origins but Freeze is the most unique and fitting boss for the Batman as a character

Asylum is the better game but City had a bit more going on when in combat and MUCH better bosses; even those who don't like the praise given to Freeze in City (I personally loved the fight) have to admit that the bosses are way better than the garbage in Asylum, barring the Scarecrow sections which are more genre flip sequences.

Asylum still wins for being the best Arkham in terms of the actual design and pace of the campaign. Asylum >= Knight > City > Origins > VR.

Is Knight actually that good? I've only heard bad things about it.

Anyone plays AA on PC with ambient occlusion? Does it make the game look decent, because the original doesn't hold up great.

Yeah, in some places they totally washed out the colors and its like a generic unreal game. Any time your interacting with just rocks the game gets butt ugly. But no performance dips the whole game at least, though that should be an expectation.

Knight has the best combat & stealth, obviously, since Rocksteady added more to both in each game. The story is a bit divisive but it's not bad. The only problem is that it has an even bigger world than City without having more to do in it so it has you do these Batmobile sections to cover more ground, and the Batmobile controls like shit outside of just cruising down the street.

The checklist side missions, Batmobile, and lack of any real bosses is what really killed it for me but the core Batman gameplay is excellent

I really don't like the trend of modern open world games have dumb big maps and finding shit is just like filling in a checklist. I like Asylum's metroidvania-style structure a lot better, and the idea of finding stuff from clues is a lot more interesting than just beating up a guy to have it on the map. The combat is more limited but it's like comparing DMC1 to 3 where 1 is still a perfectly fine game to play and the other aspects of it make it better to some people. City also is a big step up on the story and boss fights.
Both pretty good games and I couldn't knock anyone for liking one over the other.

Fighting him at the pit with a sword was cool as fuck.