What the FUCK is wrong with Metroid combat in this game? Was it like this in the original...

What the FUCK is wrong with Metroid combat in this game? Was it like this in the original? Is it like this in the 3DS remake? I fucking hate fighting Metroids so much, especially Gammas

Attached: AM2R.jpg (640x299, 45K)

metroid combat is even more tedious in the original

You have to bait them into a position where you can blast their asshole. I love fighting Metroids in AM2R, it's intense. I'm not a fan of how SR handled it, where you're just waiting for a parry or shooting them as they fly around above you.

Attached: 1565999173605.jpg (312x296, 107K)

I've played this game, it's like Zero Mission/Fusion if I remember correctly.

The 3DS one has a counter move that trivializes everything.

But Metroid was always clunky, that's the idea, like RE, so you can't feel as empowered.

by the way, do use the button to aim diagonally.

sounds like you're a shitter lmao

>But Metroid was always clunky, that's the idea, like RE, so you can't feel as empowered.
I get that but it feels like no matter my movement they're always constantly on top of me and it's really annoying. Is it just supposed to be that way?

No really, mate? I never would've guessed to do that! Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>Is it just supposed to be that way?

Consider that this is a fan game.

But I believe it was like this on GB.

You need to memorize and react fast enough.

?

>No really, mate? I never would've guessed to do that! Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm this guy I said that because it can be overlooked. You can aim by holding R and stay still. You don't need to press the diagonal.

AM2R is PAINFULLY overrated

Can't imagine someone playing this without knowing about the diagonal aim buttons. Thing is though nobody should not know they exist. Have they not played Super before?

metroid games are easy as fuck and movement is extremely fluid when you get the hang of it
*as long as you're not playing the first two

Although to be fair, default bindings suck DICK

>so you can't feel as empowered.
And if you git gud or get a good upgrade you do feel empowered.

Essentially you can't feel powerful unless you have been shit tier at some point. Be it movement, attacking or just utility.
Its also why playing something like Factorio or Mindustry is so much fun: You still have a perspective of sucking, and for each new level of tech(game) or technique(player) you get to feel how much improvement there is.

Attached: Make_SCIENCE_Metroid.png (611x587, 72K)

Hit detection in this game is completely retarded. fuck the metroidfags shilling this game

>Have they not played Super before?
dude... that was my first snes game.

I've beaten every metroid ever since, except for the DS one, the Federation force, Pinball and Prime 3. Because they're all bad games.

I mean, Pinball is probably a good game, but anyway.

But I did beat the game when I was a kid without ever using the L/R button.

>Essentially you can't feel powerful unless you have been shit tier at some point. Be it movement, attacking or just utility.

True. Classic REs do it in a really good way. At first you're scared of the stuff, but them they're nothing, specially at the end.

>Was it like this in the original?
Yeah pretty much you just spam missles until they die especially the Omega metroids which greatly improved in AM2R. Metroid 2 would be a lot better if they had cut down the amount of metroid fights.

Never said they were hard. But the movement is not fluid.

It absolutely is, and you need to git gud if you think otherwise.

I don't think there's a problem with it.
I completed it on keyboard if that makes a difference.

>git gud
this meme

The movement IS NOT fluid.

Stop being a contrarian to try to feel good about yourself.

Just like RE is not fluid.

AM2R's biggest flaw is that it's a remake of Metroid 2, which is a fundamentally flawed game.

If AM2R's QoL additions were in say a Super Metroid remake, it'd be the greatest Metroid game of all time.

it really is, keeping your momentum while you platform is almost as satisfying as it is in Sonic. I bet you think Sonic's controls are "stiff" and "not fluid" too.

Attached: 1536560114914.png (496x279, 170K)

I never played the OG, are you really supposed to have the fucking Space Jump and Wave Beam BEFORE getting Super Missiles? That just seems fucking stupid to me but I guess it really is supposed to be that way since some rooms are built around the Space Jump

is there a new version apart of the 1.41

The original game didn't have super missiles. Or power bombs.

Attached: Screen_Shot_2018-10-25_at_11.02.15_AM.png (1354x784, 869K)