5hantae now has instant transformations in the latest game, no obtrusive dancing shit

>5hantae now has instant transformations in the latest game, no obtrusive dancing shit
>can translate perfectly into a Smash moveset

Yep I'm thinking /our girl/ will finally be in Smash.

Attached: Pirate's_Curse_Shantae_Portrait.png (1024x1692, 542K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wayforward.com/wayforward-reveals-official-title-and-new-details-for-shantae-and-the-seven-sirens/
youtube.com/watch?v=w3Se8rzpd4M
nintendo.es/Contenido-descargable/Pack-del-aspirante-4-1519368.html
youtu.be/EaLfsPHnSYM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Mario is already in Smash

>gets rid of the only gimmick that would make her unique

Attached: 1556933995966.jpg (320x401, 37K)

>yeah let me just stand still and input my dance commands, I'm sure the opponent will wait for me.

Attached: D8y8KjqWsAA4jiQ.jpg (1200x1200, 112K)

she didnt get rid of it you retard, she still has it.

nope

>her transformation animation is still a dance, it can just be cancelled
>"the dance is gone!"

Can you imagine unironically liking shantae games?

Yes because I do.

Pirate's Curse is unironically good

She still dances, just not to transform.

I love Shantae, but she's not good enough for smash, stop this stupid meme.

Just like how Banjo wasn't either right?

gamer pick

Being "good enough" means nothing when Piranha Plant, a common mook enemy, is a playable character.

banjo has nostalgia.

The original is great as well.

No one defended him unironically until he was confirmed gedouttahere

she may have the eyes of a human and body of a human but brown skin is still brown skin so
>/our girl/
i think not.

Attached: 1550641674393.jpg (288x300, 45K)

But she IS in Smash, as a Spirit. :)

>Yea Forums is one person
Dumb fuck

True if Big, this is like 1/4 of the reason this series is doodum

>She still dances, just not to transform.
please tell me they brought back the dance parlor

> 10 Smash Threads in the catalog
Just take it to /vg/.

Good job you did the thing, enjoy the (You)
Never said that, stop using your stock phrases.

>No more transforming dances

Thank you for destroying the essence of the whole fucking series!

what a croc

Attached: 1567231671121.jpg (181x200, 6K)

>Spirit

PC had no dancing at all and it's by far the best in the series.

I could see her taunts being the dances. Just for fun and maybe a hidden transformation and pose, but it’ll act only as a taunt. By pressing a direction on the d-pad she can just do a dance move.

Yea Forums complains about dances fucking with the pace
>new game no longer has them as a requirement
>Yea Forums complains about the essence of game they hate and ruthlessly lambast being gone.

"Hey guys, look a this. this is what I call DENIAL"

Attached: ECba9RBX4AEthSK.jpg (1500x2000, 312K)

>imagine thinking smash has some kind of standard for characters.

Maybe. Bunch of other stuff from 1 is back.

>Nobody defended Banjo! Not ONE person!
Kill yourself autism-kun
And for the record, banjo is and always was way better a choice for smash than shantae is or ever will be

The perfect timeline is both of them

the issue I always had was the fact that the transformations had no depth, which made dancing to do them fucking stupid since you're wasting time to do one move. Ape Escape 3 did this mechanic perfectly a decade ago, each transformation was so fun to use and had enough depth to them(except for the monkey suit) that you could play the whole game as them and it'd still be really fun.

Attached: d4ri3e7-663a41a2-a80d-4383-b765-e65474043b34.jpg (501x697, 63K)

I doubt you thought that before Banjo's announcement.

all Banjo did was have two nostalgia games on N64 and nothing else.
Shantae is a far bigger influence these days.
Having a couple spirits already in the game is a sign Sakurai is well aware of her

>Shantae is a far bigger influence these days.
>this is what shantaefags actually believe

Attached: 578ebf647577a6c1cd6d7277a5dd35cb_lol-clipart-free-download-clip-art-free-clip-art-on-clipart-lol-cli (1600x1207, 156K)

>I'm being called a retard for "thinking Yea Forums is one person."
>This guy can get off implying one user's opinion is shared among all fans

Not him but I'm a shantaefag and I'm not that delusional

Believe whatever you like. Doesn't change the facts
Those two games on the n64 give him more legacy and importance than shantae could hope for.
Banjo being in the game as a playable character is a sign Sakurai is well aware of this

>Steals your entire gimmick
>has a stronger max level spirit
>nintendo makes official remixes of his music
>the reason Link's Awakening even exists
sorry looks like Sakurai prefers a different transforming character ;)

Attached: 9ed607b71eb78865fd21b4441d646d69.png (500x500, 299K)

wayforward.com/wayforward-reveals-official-title-and-new-details-for-shantae-and-the-seven-sirens/
>she’ll use all-new dance abilities and instant-transformation Fusion Magic
The dancing is in the game, but it's used differently now, it seems.

What are you talking about? People were begging for Banjo as soon as they saw Duck Hunt in 4. Even Japanese character polls often had them in the top 10 or 20 most wanted characters. People just didn't expect it to happen because Microsoft owns the franchise now.

I didn't defend him because arguing your opinions of the merits of potential smash characters online is retarded, but I always knew he was worthy

>this is what shantaefags actually believe
actually its what some shitheaded falseflagger thinks
this is probably the same faggot that was trying to push bomberman vs banjo too
i don't know why people get off on fanbase wars and i understand even less why people keep falling for it
not a single soul who wanted shantae for smash looked at banjo's reveal and said to themselves "wow fucking irrelevant characters stealing shantae's slot", because only a fucking idiot thinks that a slot is even an actual thing that could be stolen, much less by a completely different character from a different company in a different genre

Attached: sandy.jpg (600x735, 77K)

Dancing is fine as long as it doesn't disrupt the flow of the gameplay/platforming.
If it's dancing to activate a switch or something to do once in a while, it's fine, instead of dancing over and over and over to go from one monster to another while running/platforming, etc

imagine existing for 20 years and more people end up caring about a funny skeleton that's existed for 1/5th of the time.

Attached: TobyFoxBadTime.png (378x320, 238K)

Yeah, no

Attached: 1544723877067.png (1000x640, 204K)

It's because fanbase wars are the only way you can talk about anything anymore in this God forsaken place

to kids from the late 90s and 2000s, sure
but for someone older than then, we are like that big giant guy in the stone toss comic edit that stands over you fake excuse for boomers with our 80s old school

Didn't HGH have Instant transformation? Or do you mean there are hotkeys to each transformation?

>nearly 20 year old franchise
>immediately forgotten and tossed to the side by a rando anime girl with massive thighs who's game hasn't even come out yet.

Attached: Ryza.png (788x924, 425K)

HGH's were pendulum based in a way. They were only instant if you knew what to hot without seeing the menu and even then there was a "tada" animation before you transformed

what to hit*

Who?

They were "instant" in that you could select a transformation basically instantly, but there was still an animation with her posing and then poofing into the animal.
In the new game, Shantae can just transform mid-movement. Skip to around 7:35 in this video and watch. Shantae just immediately becomes a newt to dash-jump, rather than having to dance to transform first. It's a maneuver rather than a new form.

youtube.com/watch?v=w3Se8rzpd4M

It's unclear if you'll be able to transform and stay that way, though. I'd like to scuttle around as a cute newt. But for gameplay purposes, this is much more in line with what was so praised in Pirate's Curse- new abilities flowed into and enhanced normal gameplay, rather than interrupting it.

>4th character already confirmed to be SNK related
nah, it's not happening
nintendo.es/Contenido-descargable/Pack-del-aspirante-4-1519368.html

Attached: yuting-pan-by-yuting-pan-mai-shiranui-mei-shiranui-fatalnaia.jpg (1332x850, 205K)

The inventory screen has four spaces for dances, so they're still used for something. Probably warps.

>imagine not liking chocolate girls

shit taste

Maybe the fusion dances

what a fucking betrayal.

What, like making the transformations permanent until you switch back? That'd be nice.

hahahaha shantaefags still think shantae has a chance instead of shovel knight

t. brown

there's a reason white men get the priviledge not to have to deal with it and rarely date outside their race

i don't understand racist people

Based. Based. B A S E D.
Yes, because i do.
Cringe.
Ultra cringe.

Attached: Shanty61.jpg (422x602, 44K)

i can't wait to shantaefags fucking cry when she's not in the game

I understand the perspective of someone else who spouts "racist" anytime an opinion/fact makes them uncomfortable. It's a bigoted one.

Why are you replying to yourself faggot?

Attached: 3571BF58-4983-4B96-87DE-7DAA52B362E2.jpg (828x828, 263K)

Technically she already is, but most shantaefags like myself already dont have high expectations. Crying is unlikely, just a sort of solemn acceptance

she is a spirit

Oh cool, we have a KOF player here. Now translate from your Drug Cartel speak so normal nonKOFplaying white people in the USA can understand

And really, that was completely out of left field. And far, FAR more than most Shantae fans were ever expecting. 95% of us have accepted it as a win and aren't hoping for anything else.

That's modern Shantae. Nintendo is saving a DLC spot for classic Shantae.

Attached: ShantyClassic.jpg (345x598, 106K)

That’s like saying Nintendo will save a spot for nuts and bolts banjo

Attached: 3631B912-1671-4E1C-B446-8509B41AB6A3.jpg (570x1024, 51K)

I wanna smash monkey shantae

Attached: delicious banana.png (734x980, 242K)

>shantae getting in before reimu

based

Attached: 4ac.jpg (1280x1097, 177K)

Attached: 3EF3EA5E-B645-45E5-8A1B-E1537C2F2162.jpg (994x750, 447K)

or Donkey kong for the first Donkey Kong game

>twitter memes

People barely know who she is, let alone japan, she might have a chance if the newest game sells well on the switch.

Yikes!

Attached: b23.png (600x706, 473K)

>let alone japan

Actually, she has a fairly noticeable fanbase over there. Enough to get exclusive merchandise and art. Plus, ya know, getting help from Studio Trigger. Somehow I doubt WayForward has the money to make them do that.

>using yikes in 2016+3
cringe

oh shit, this is real

youtu.be/EaLfsPHnSYM

>doesn't like yikes
>unironically uses cringe
oof

check the spirit pass if you truly think she's in

Attached: spirit pass.png (1192x849, 1.12M)

Shantae is not getting in because Rottytops is

Attached: 1562472906712.gif (178x269, 948K)

cute!

>blocks your way

Attached: 4378456234462354644236454236546234462434.png (869x919, 663K)

>blocks yours

Attached: apps.57370.13892495957359702.32e55378-def8-4bf2-b0a5-a1501024bd4e.69da0be7-8698-48b6-9a1f-fc0efff331 (672x378, 74K)

>let alone japan
Banjo and K Rool made it despite being literal whos there

HOLY FUCKING SHIT BASED

Attached: Based.png (1001x627, 658K)

>blocks fucking both

Attached: c709e878f44049842ba5e67be716d6573b52b88b_00.jpg (512x398, 34K)

i was mocking your lack of an argument, sub 80 IQ