PC gaming

Did you ever buying one of those over-the-top gamer PC's?

Attached: for elite gamers.png (400x400, 61K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/VP28UQG-Monitor-3840x2160-Adaptive-FreeSync/dp/B074PK4R2H
youtube.com/watch?v=txm7el_wh5o
pcpartpicker.com/list/Zkyh6s
youtube.com/watch?v=z3aEv3EzMyQ
youtu.be/bXybwGRhm2g
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

i'm about to buy a 3900x with 64GB of ram, the most expensive x570 motherboard, and a 5700xt.

no. that's just gay. i usually get something slightly above middle end. new stuff is always bad price/performance shit

whats the point in all that ram? do you plan on using it as flash memory?

this is wrong poorfag shit. Ignore this person.

Top end hardware is retarded. The next gen of cards will have some new gizmo that will make the current one obsolete.

32GB isn't enough for what I use shit for, my browser alone eats up like 15GB sometimes. I'd use a portion as a ramdisk too, because it's more useful as a disposable storage so to speak.

yea buy those $1000+ gpus for that extra 5-10fps in your gaymes

>browser alone eats up like 15GB
How?!??

I have a friend who has between 100 and 400 tabs open, I assume user has that kind of autism as well.

Why does RGB lighting software suck so much

Someone should tell them about bookmarks

No but I attempted to make my own gamer PC. Bought some Corsair RAM cards (128 GB), a good motherboard, Intel Core i9 9980 processor. I attempted to also make a water cooler for my computer but had no experience on plumbing, but I gave it a shot anyway. So somehow I managed to get the tubes in, however three days later, the pipes came loose and the water turned my $4,200+ PC into a gigantic useless paperweight. Never add water coolers tubes in your PC they are a meme.

Attached: regret.png (482x427, 79K)

The closest I got was one of those v8 gpu cooler and an 8 fan gamer case frome colermaster I think it was 2009

RGB in general sucks. They mark up LED strips you can find at Home Depot by 3-5x the amount.

or session buddy

Attached: 1566591161220.webm (960x544, 2.7M)

these stories are fun until you realize they're made up

amazon.com/VP28UQG-Monitor-3840x2160-Adaptive-FreeSync/dp/B074PK4R2H

Just bought this, how did I do lads?

yeah never happens

>user's story being made up means it never happens
someone got eaten by a shark, must happen all the time.

no. I buy mid-range PC and only upgrade/replace it, if it can't run at acceptable performance games I want to play
in result I'm still using i5 2500k with 8GB RAM and gtx770

>he fell for the raytracing meme

>this is what console gamers akshually think
have fun with your stuttery jaggy mess poorfag while I rip n tear in Nu-Doom at consistent 165 fps at 1440p

>physics accelerator
sounded like a good idea at a time

Attached: 1454176598450.jpg (640x480, 68K)

>4K
holy fucking meme. get a 2K monitor at 144hz at least dumbass

>4K
You fucked up. Shoulda gone with 1440p/144hz.

144hz why? I don't get I play racing and single player games so 144 is useless

There is a gigantic difference between 60hz and 144hz, but 2k is already so close to retina in most cases that the upgrade to 4k is marginal. It's really good regardless of what you play.

It's smooth as fuck broseph

Not even video games, you know how you get after images of your mouse when moving it on screen? Yeah well it's still there but it's a lot smoother

So is moving tabs around in your browser

And moving icons or windows

Everything is much smoother

That said, FUCK VA PANELS AND FUCK GHOSTING, FUCK. I FUCKED UP

So what panel do you recommend? TN?

2600X or 3600?

Fuck TN, is there a decent IPS 1440/144? No joke pay the premium if there is

I love my 2160p monitor, but 28" is just too damn small for a monitor today. You've really got to go 38" minimum and 40" is the best.

shit feels more responsive in general, even day to day tasks feel smoother.

t. overclocked 60hz monitor to 75hz and can notice it

Worse, I bought a gaming laptop. The stupidest purchase I ever made.

Attached: 1553721082351.jpg (944x944, 589K)

Regardless of whether or not higher refresh rates are worth it, at 28 inches 4K over 2K is almost useless. There will be barely any difference until you get up to around 30+ inches. And higher refresh rates aren't just for a competitive edge. It makes the image much more enjoyable to watch and smoother looking, which is a perfectly reasonable "point" to having one regardless of what you play
Please don't do this. TN panels are absolute garbage. Colours look extremely washed out and the second you slouch in your chair or don't look dead center you can't even see anything
>b-b-but muh 1ms response time
A good IPS panel at 4-5ms will be imperceptible. If you think you will actually notice a 0.003s difference you're delusional, and you get vibrant colours with great viewing angles. IPS glow can be annoying if the company's quality control is bad so you may have to RMA, but even if this was the case 90% of average consumers will never notice any of this, and they sure as hell won't get a benefit from microscopically fast response times, but they will immediately notice the difference in colour

Get an Acer Predator XB271HU. Its fucking amazing. 1440p, 144hz with an option for 165hz, GSYNC etc. The response time is imperceptible from a TN panel, as I just upgraded from one recently. Playing Nu-Doom at 165hz at 2K is a dream

1440p144hz is reddit-tier. If you're a homosexual that literally just plays PUBG and CSGO all day and you don't own consoles or play singleplayer games then by all means go ahead and get an ugly 144hz+ TN panel 1ms 1080p or 1440p monitor with garbage image quality for everything else. If you're not gay and retarded then you should get a 40-43" 4K VA panel TV and a small cheap 75hz-144hz used monitor, use the TV for 95% of everything and you'll have much better image quality, use the monitor for shooters so you can pretend you're even good enough to benefit from the extra hertz.

Close your fucking browser when playing games. Kids these days are retarded.

>40-43" 4K VA panel TV

End your miserable life before someone takes these mongoloid seriously.

>Bashing 1440p IPS/VA 144hz
>Suggest 4K meme

1440p is literally the meme. It is going to be exactly what 1600x900 was for monitors. 4K will be the standard in a year or two, GPU's in the next couple years will handle 4K above 60hz. You're wasting money on a soon to be obsolete resolution. Also with 1080p you can still hook up consoles and streaming services and the scaling will be fine, 1440p scales like shit on anything but a PC.

anyone else still
>almost 1 decade old pc here

no i built one

This is why i will never gonna use a water loop cooling on my PC

>boomer doesnt have at least 2 monitors to watch stuff while playing games

lmao

my HDD is from around 2000

wat, theyre like $5 who gives a shit lol?

i got a 1070ti recently-ish but the whole build is from 2012

Not the computer itself but I'm still on a BenQ GL2460 monitor, it doesn't even have a HDMI port and I have adapters on both monitors to even fit them into the GPU.

Attached: 1546220621691.jpg (638x566, 104K)

Placebo effect

Imagine paying over $500 for absolute garbage image quality when you could get a decent 4K TV nowadays for like $250-300.

You're a fucking retard if you buy into this high end monitor shit. Monitors are good at literally one thing, they have higher refresh rates and lower input lag. 95% of them will have terrible image quality so you might as well get the cheapest oldest 144hz monitor possible and use the extra money you saved to get a 4K TV so you can actually enjoy looking at things.

Attached: predator-xb271hu-uniformity-large.jpg (5312x4320, 2.45M)

play on 144hz for an hour, then go back to 60. 60 looks like 30

If I'm playing games on my PC I don't want the chance of a stutter or lesser performance by multitasking, If I'm gaming I don't task my PC with anything else. I have a laptop I bought off craigslist for $70, that's its own dedicated secondary monitor that doesn't effect my main PC at all so I can watch videos, listen to music or podcasts and check email while playing. Checkmate zoomer dunce.

I recently had the unpleasant opportunity to test a cheap TV as a replacement for my older Pro 40" 4k display, and honestly its not that bad.

Not quite as sharp, not quite as accurate in terms of colors but its more than enough to get me by while I wait for a replacement.
Compared to the typical tiny displays people use with their computers its still a far better solution.

if u have a good PC it wont stutter wtf? why would u have a completely separate laptop for a 2nd monitor? u cant even hear shit on it since ur headphones are plugged into ur PC retard.

did the pc survive that? didn't instantly short but something tells me the modern mobo wax isn't exactly everywhere to protect the user from sudden ejaculations

Attached: 1435499812280.jpg (905x881, 266K)

>4K will be the standard in a year or two
HAHA, look at this retard and laugh, even RTX 2080 TI can't hold 100 FPS at 4k retard, and that's a 1000+ $ GPU. 4K/60 FPS will be a standard in 4-5 years.
here for example games in 4k with Rtx 2080 TI
youtube.com/watch?v=txm7el_wh5o
is old, but not that old, but i will buy a new one next year

Attached: 215215347455635.png (672x777, 312K)

I wish ordering these custom plates from China was easier.

Attached: hmm.jpg (2528x1896, 818K)

The GPU that replaces the 2080 Ti will 100% be able to handle 4K120hz+, that'll come out in around 2 years, and in that time there will be affordable mid-tier AMD cards that can handle 4K60-75hz. Meanwhile 1440p will become exactly what 1600x900/1440x900 was. The only actual chance you have of 1440p not being obsolete is if the next gen consoles natively support 1440p output without scaling and that's unlikely.

I don't get it. I can buy 4k monitors already for roughly 300 bucks. Why would I downgrade? I can just buy the 4k and reduce the resolution of the game if the Geforce 2070 can't handle it.

>4K/60 FPS will be a standard in 4-5 years.

Bro, the fucking $350 RX 5700 can already do 4K@60hz with high/medium settings. The PS5 is going to have a gimped version of the 5700/xt, developers will be optimizing games and game engines to work with that and native 4K in mind. That's literally next year. Jesus Christ 1440p fuckers are a cult.

Bought myself the parts a couple days ago. Have everything except the case and psu. Hopefully it comes next week.
pcpartpicker.com/list/Zkyh6s

>pcpartpicker.com/list/Zkyh6s
The CPU is not a bottleneck?
What's the actual price for all the parts you payed?

what was wrong with 1600x900?

/g/ told me no so guess I'll have to find out if I got clowned. Price was 1700 euro but because reasons I only had to pay around 1250 euro.

pretty sure 3700x is the best price for performance

if he's playing above 1080p there's no discernable difference between ryzen and intel. doubt a 3600x would even bottleneck an RTX titan.

This is what I've been doing now for years. GPU upgrades just increase the number of games that will run at native resolution.
Once we get 8k (4320p) we'll even be able to run 1440p as one of the integer full screen resolutions instead of having to use a letterboxed mode for it.

watch this video bro

youtube.com/watch?v=z3aEv3EzMyQ

Attached: amd.png (1255x800, 313K)

Lg 27gl850, the problem is the
>dude just wait
meme it has going on because its unavailable everywhere

Except for the part that there's almost no media in 4k and half it what there is is upscaled 1080p so you dont benefit at all from the 4k meme companies are trying.g to push
Framerate>>>resolution unless you go full retard and go for 720p or less

Attached: everyday we stray further from god.gif (521x514, 371K)

yeah

Attached: comp.webm (242x300, 2.86M)

The rule dictates that the cuter your setup the uglier the user is so im afraid to tell you
Yore
Ugleh

Attached: boom.png (77x97, 7K)

Uh, ok?

That's why I went with the 2080 super. Originally I wanted to go with the 3700x and 2070 super. But I want to play "older" games at 4k60 so 2080 super it is.

i used to think the colors on mine are cool, but now i just keep it on red at night. the least bright color of them all.

No I built my own

Attached: RIG2.jpg (3024x4032, 3.63M)

There's much more 4K content than 1440p content. Also every mainstream streaming service as of like 2018 has 4K on everything. Also 4K TV's scale much better than any 1440p monitor with non-native content. Monitors literally only have refresh rate as a pro, they look like fucking trash. That being a given the smartest option is getting a cheap 144hz TN monitor for your epic online gayming and also getting an affordable 4K TV running as a secondary monitor for 90% of your other PC games and for consoles/TV.

>forkay
>tookay

It's fucking 2160p and 1440p. Get this marketing buzzword shit outta here.
We need to send this dumb shorthand to the same jargon graveyard that shit like "full/ultra HD" went

I know its faggoty to everyone, but I think if you put those fans in the front of a tasteful case it would actually look cool.

>he doesn't know about "UHDR Full-K Cinemascope"

Attached: 1546558050043.png (500x464, 128K)

it looks cool for a few months, then u get sick of it and turnit all off. at least i did

You may be right, I did a very faint purple glow in mine. I think it not being obtrusive may be while I still like it.

no, I fucking hate RGB shit, I'll consider buying another product if something has obnoxious leds as a "feature"

Why would you care what your computer looks like when all you'll be looking at is the monitor

>was using a phenom 960T
>mobo seems to be dying doing random resets
>now I'm using an old celeron 450 that's slow as fuck
Shit just blows, I guess I should really go for a new r5 3600 build, I do have a 3.5 memecard tho

>LEDlight

I know that feel. My inspiron's been telling me to get a new battery for years now

12 years, here. Upgrading in the next month or so.
There really has been nothing thats caught my attention for PC gaming until now.
Crazy how bad the industry's gotten.

>60
>FPS
>DIFFERENCE
youtu.be/bXybwGRhm2g

>look at all this highend shit I buy except for the gpu

>some guy posts a pcpartpicker list
>compatibility warning

Attached: 1410325414469.jpg (720x479, 30K)

Yes it is. You are just an idiot.

Attached: sd3.png (400x400, 314K)