• A large crater sprawls to the north

• A large crater sprawls to the north.
• You have received a large dose of radiation.
• You have received a large dose of radiation.
• You see a dead: Loser.

Attached: Fo1_WestTek_Surface.png (2240x1222, 3.49M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0w-LZrSPs5Y
youtube.com/watch?v=_bgH2NdXju8&t=1441s
fallout.fandom.com/wiki/Fallout_2_cultural_references
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

*ods on rad-x*
psh

youtube.com/watch?v=0w-LZrSPs5Y
How come the later Fallout games never kept this kind of tone?

Because they are Bethesda looter shooters and fallout is just the window dressing.
When people said it would be oblivion with guns it wasn't a joke.

I love this area because you finally get a lot of the best weapons in the game here.

Fallout 2 had lots of very heavy and atmospheric moments as well. I think that 2's version of Vault 15 and the Military Base is probably better than the original, plus it had lots of grander new areas as well.

to be perfectly honest, fallout 2 did a lot of lol-so-random "funny" shit

Fallout 1 is a game about a flesh monster who lives in a church building a nazi army of Frankenstein monsters with his British accent lieutenant. Fallout 2 is not too random or funny.

yet all of it is played straight
not so much in 2

Be more specific?

Everything involving The Master and his super mutants is taken seriously. In Fallout 2, you can catch moments where they joke about the situation.

do you not know what "played straight" means?

Is this a hard question for you? Please name some specific instances from the games to substantiate your claim.

>encounter the UFO wreck
>have to reload soon after
>forgot to save after the UFO encounter

Attached: laytorest.jpg (1024x1007, 81K)

Go figure I just started listening to Desert Wind a few minutes ago

youtube.com/watch?v=_bgH2NdXju8&t=1441s

Attached: 10-JG-04-hills-A074R1.jpg (1920x1080, 928K)

fallout.fandom.com/wiki/Fallout_2_cultural_references

>In Fallout 2, you can catch moments where they joke about the situation.
I feel like this level of cynicism would apply today in a cataclysm. People would meme about rat steaks while eating rat steaks. We already do this with clown world memes lampshading and laughing at our current plights.

Attached: for a brief moment.png (590x572, 275K)

This is like the only time radiation ever became an issue in the classic Fallout games.

well its been a 100 years

fallout 2's problem was selling out, which people don't seem to get yet they bash shit these days for doing the same
it went the way of saints row or borderlands, started serious with good overtones and filled the game with memes - memes which are now amusing to us or simply not understood but were overblown cancer to the people living during those times
fallout 2 isn't good because of the pop culture references and memes but because the game offers a huge amount of variety and paths to do shit, and recognises the difference between male and female characters (CHA 10 female can fuck her way through A LOT of quests) etc

Absolutely none of this actually has an impact on how the game itself plays out story wise, different user, but I accept your surrender now, thanks for your time

*summons 4 deathclaws behind you*

Attached: 1.png (300x225, 110K)