Super Mario Maker 2

Post codes.

Attached: 5E8D7F51-8B84-4939-9C14-8FA9E6A55353.jpg (1280x720, 102K)

Other urls found in this thread:

supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/
youtube.com/watch?v=o5j7xaep5XQ
mariomaker.net/community/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yea Forums is so shit these days that even comfy mario maker threads were killed off

Can we have a Mario Maker General at /vg/?

It’d be the best outcome but I’m doubtful we’d actually be able to get enough people to realize there is one to keep threads alive.

even when these threads were at their peak, regularly reaching bump limit, they died in /vg/ since that board is really just for waifufags and discordfags

It doesn’t help that mArio maker 2 sucks ass

If we can't usually get these threads alive on weekends, we're not gonna survive on /vg/. Maybe we'll come back to life when we get an update. We will get an update soon, right? Right?

Part of the problem really was that they rushed the game out and decided to just forget about the game and let its momentum slow to a fucking crawl without fixing huge issues like 3D World and the online modes. Frankly, the state those aspects of the game were left in and are STILL in two months later is a fucking disgrace. Shame this game had to die so early because Switch-era Nintendo loves to rush out everything.

H33-K69-YLG

WDN-9DR-SPF

5KB-0B9-3SG

Attached: 1559862517703.gif (1920x1080, 607K)

the game itself isn't dead at all, only the Yea Forums threads are

Overall awareness of the game has gone down severely since release, and it has lost a lot of momentum. It’s not dead yet, but if there really isn’t anything shown by the next direct or what is shown is something really insignificant like one fucking object, it’ll die soon after.

that's a given, most games are at their peak during their first month, as other anons have said a major update could help and it's unusual that we have no news of any updates yet.

Can someone please give me some feedback?
>The Wizard's Garden
D8W-CMY-1HF

Attached: 124C61FE-6A5A-4507-BFCA-0B15B85E7417.jpg (560x693, 137K)

bump

Board won't let me upload the image I made to promote the level so:

Wigger Wednesday
RP5-L3M-BCG

My first Mario Maker level (I don't own a switch), can be finished in 30 seconds I think but clear check took me 3 hours so I want to know if it's actually hard

5RX-MSP-0WF

A forgiving ghost house level

Attached: shankoneniqqatwice.jpg (1526x1982, 862K)

Sounds like a bitch buddy, not really compelled to try it.

>Chill with the Bullies
S7T-LK5-F3G

Partially inspired by that one mario 64 star.

Attached: 5E2D971F-E5D0-4F17-8117-A30AF4A6223C.gif (380x314, 2.55M)

Definately kaiso-like

Good level! More enemies than I expected from a ghost house though...

bump

>Why are Mario Maker threads dead!?
>No one is posting codes!!
Meanwhile only one person out of the 5 who posted codes gets any feedback. Do you see why people aren't posting?

Attached: 1540703495017.png (229x252, 26K)

Pretty good, it just feels like it needs more varied platforming or something

I never thought I'd bother making a course but decided to give it a go for shits and giggles and now I'm nearly finished my first course. I'm proud of it though it's really frustrating to make. I tried to make it revolve around chomps and moving platforms, however they're one of the most unpredictable enemies in the game and they're impossible to really control enough to make interesting setups. They go in random directions and ricochet off each other to the extent that sometimes you've just got to pray to the RNG gods that you don't get an impossible run.

BHP-XV0-0NF

Change between the dry and wet lands to reach the goal!

Any feedback is welcome. I think the level is harder than I intended it to be.

Attached: EDFstWhUwAA99_u.jpg (1280x720, 114K)

I like thwomps as platforms. Way better feature than that shitty car.

Attached: mm_thwomp.jpg (1280x720, 124K)

Try putting them on tracks

I didn't know you could smash bullet launchers with the snake block. That's neat.

this, plus before the threads became dead they were full of edgy retards/shitposters boo'ing everything. I have a high maker score, so it didn't affect me too much, but even so it's still disheartening to have a bunch of Yea Forumstards boo your levels just to try and get a rise out of people (you could tell when they were from Yea Forums as their recent plays were all from these threads). Imagine anons that only just got the game posting their first level here, you'd never want to post codes again.

I'm convinced it's not feasible to have good vidya threads on Yea Forums at all anymore without shitposters or janitors ruining it eventually.

It's hard to post feedback when the thread is about to fall off the board before you're even halfway through a level.

>Way better feature than that shitty car.
Literally how did Nintendo fuck up that badly. Car levels are going to go down with water levels as 'why would you ever make or play that'.

Heres how they can save the multiplayer in this game
>remove the shitty screen freeze when someone dies
>expand the kill zone out farther when a character goes off-camera
Multiplayer is unplayable until they fix these

Neat. I like all the little side paths that lead to extra power-ups and such. The final segment is a bit of an RNG fest though will all the random bullshit that can potentially spawn. It's quite possible for the path back to be covered in spinies.

During the Mario Maker 1 days, people compiled lists of all game devs or famous people who made levels and the codes for them. Has anyone made one of those for MM2? I really enjoyed seeing what real game designers came up with back then but I feel I haven't seen that again with 2.

Attached: D7LXsehXsAE1jVq.jpg (1437x2048, 276K)

>It's quite possible for the path back to be covered in spinies.
Yup.
It's actually a series of levels with a similar idea. The boss for all of them is a giant magikoopa with plenty of blocks for random stuff to happen. It gives the levels some replay value; at least for me.
>The Wizard's Vault
N44-BB6-H3G

>The Wizard's Den
XJ9-06H-HYG

The Wizard's Throne
888-FKM-4FG

Attached: tekete tekete tekete teteke.gif (400x400, 10K)

Fun, but needs a checkpoint.

Yeah... Wasn't sure how to spice it up when I was nearing completion and just uploaded it as it is.

Speaking of levels no one wants to play, try out my new water level!!! xD

6CJ-S5B-01G

Attached: 265.jpg (639x480, 74K)

seconding this

When are we getting this for MM2? It made level sharing extremely easy.

supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/

Not bad. Nothing offensive about it, maybe just a little basic though.

>Nintendo
>using any nice feature or idea more than once

Thread died right after I posted last time. Give this a shot, won't you?

Shoenanigans: Chapter VI
NSP-53M-V0H

Use nothing but your goomba shoe, your wits, and your platforming skill to navigate the swamp. It has a pretty unique bossfight at the end.

Attached: Goomba's_Shoe.png (778x599, 127K)

There doesn't seem to be and it's crazy that there isn't a compilation of "people of note" courses.

I'm gonna try your level here in a bit user, I booted up my Switch but Hyrule Warriors was still open on a stage and my autism's flaring up for me to finish it so I don't lose progress.

6KF-PMR-XPG
First thing I made. Left some unintended shortcuts in if you're hardcore.

How am I supposed to get the clown car without losing the shoe?
Not a fan after a few tries. Don't like "what the fuck do I do" or "where the fuck do I go" levels.

I was close to S-rank, but now I'm struggling to even keep A. It's worse when the lag is just choppy. When it's in slideshow mode at least everybody has an equal chance of fucking up.

Also the Mario Maker thread on 8c lasted quite a while, and there are more people here, so /vg/ could maybe work

only because everyone posted here instead

there were no boofags you retard. it was one guy spamming shit who didn't even play the game

the spammer wasn't the one boo'ing for sure, but there were definitely boofags

Ditch the shoe above the clowncar, it falls down and brings the clowncar up to you.That's what the arrows were supposed to indicate.

Pretty much all my Shoenanigans level involve tricks with the shoe, especially strategic ditching then reclaiming.

CK8-RP3-XWF
Really easy if you know how the spike shellmet works

>spike shellmet

Attached: 1554253411334.png (337x418, 250K)

Holy shit, I had no idea...
How would you reclaim it then?

>The Bomb Master's Domain
LFK-NKK-WQG
First part of a trilogy. Huge level with branching paths where you build up your power-ups to beat the boss. You actually end up running away.

>The Bomb Master's New Ride
HGT-5G5-1JG
Second part of a trilogy. Same theme as before, as usually happens with part 2 of something.

>The Bomb Master's Demise
KF0-HFV-98G
Last part of the trilogy. This time you actually get to beat the fucker.

Can someone gimme a review?

Attached: 2985.jpg (1000x1173, 626K)

Jump into the clowncar with the shoe still in it, then you have both at the same time.

I thought Nintendo was the king of rehashes...

Has a 2% clear rate but it's pretty easy.

CKW-FG2-C2H

How the fuck am I supposed to use the Angry Sun? Because of the way it moves with the screen, it seems to be completely harmless unless Mario is at the very bottom of the level.

Then obviously keep everything on the first screen level with lots of platforms on the bottom where Mario will be forced to dodge.

Ok, this level is awesome.
I just lost to the boss but this is great.
Imma beat it and like.

Thank you!

What do I do after ditching the clown-car to get up to the area with the munchers at the beginning? There's a wall of blocks that don't move when I bump them, and an arrow pointing to them.

Ah, nevermind, that pipe in the background was a clue.

There's some hidden blocks.
Jump on 'em to find more hidden blocks that spawn magikoopa.

I've played many of the levels posted in these threads, and multiple times had a thread die in the middle of posting feedback, if it doesn't die before I even finish the level.

It's not as much of the fault or Mario Maker 2 not being popular here as some are saying; when there are multiple back to back threads about eceleb suicides and various shitting up the board of course an actually useful thread actually about a game quickly sinks to the bottom.

Got finished with the first world, 2-1 should be up quicker than 1-4.

1-4 Trouble at Track-Lift Pier!
RFK-8LF-P9G

If you want to start from the first level in this world,

1-1 Super Maker Hill
V5V-P11-D1G

Attached: 9646D4C7-AAEF-42C8-8B7E-77B86DD94E47.jpg (1280x720, 301K)

Anyone beat this yet?
Tip: attack the boom booms from below and let them drop on top of you

HC4-PSM-BMF

SXG-KYS-2CG

these levels take way too long to make, only to be played once or twice before being abandoned after the second try.

Anyways, have some slice of autism

Attached: 1567314413990.jpg (452x582, 64K)

>Colorful Banzai Run
(SQH-FJR-TMG)
>SMW Yoshi’s Island 2 recreation
(0VC-T9T-41H)
>Circus multiplayer showdown
(QHS-KTM-GHF)
>Claws in the windy sky
(0NJ-WS1-15G)
>Claws in the windy sky 2
(XS7-HFG-WQF)
>Spooky 20 sec. run
(6FW-TYF-X0H)
>Toad and the Beanstalk [1]
(CVN-7BP-PCG)
>Toad and the Beanstalk [2]
(1RR-G5D-QSF)

6 seconds left, no sweat.
Cool gimmick btw, would be cool to make a castle + bossfight centered around it.

Anyone else wished Nintendo wasn't so lazy with the Night themes. 7/10 of them just use the same starry background, which bothers me when I see how much better pic related looks compared to what we got. Also the Night remixes with the music box instrumentation are awful.

Attached: ddc9imt-dbbd8e48-a508-46f9-8909-59e16a2914c6.png (1024x512, 62K)

Thanks for playing.
The short timer is because the fast music sounds cooler and because it's a cakewalk once you have the gimmick down. You can bounce bowser to the wall, have him bounce off it, and have him bounce on your helmet again to easily beat him.

youtube.com/watch?v=o5j7xaep5XQ

>Spooky-Stormy Ship
5MF-CWT-55G
Night time airship level in the SMB3 theme. Go through the airship and beat the twin bosses at the end!

>Journey to Goombud Village
T7D-GD0-4VF
Desert level in the SMW theme. Travel through Goombud Caverns, then collect the pink coins in the villagers' houses to unlock the secret atop the mountain.

>Cirrus Castle
8JW-HYQ-68G
Sky level in the SMB theme. Ascend to a castle in the sky using winged shoes and fight the sun itself.

>Monsoon Jungle (Wario Land 4)
G3R-KHD-PYF
Forest level in the SMW theme. A faithful recreation of the level from Wario Land 4, you'll be charging through the leaves and hitting a switch to get to the end!

>Toy Block Tower (Wario Land 4)
K62-JV0-S7G
Sky level in the SM3DW theme. Much like Monsoon Jungle, this level is a recreation of Toy Block Tower from WL4. Smash through blocks and find the treasure of this tower!

>Stranded Ship (Shovel Knight)
B87-563-JFF
Night snow level in the SMB3 theme. A somewhat shortened recreation of Polar Knight's stage from Shovel Knight. Try not to fall off!

>Mario Bros. Versus
BFS-B2P-CPF
The classic Mario Bros., meant for multiplayer versus. Try to defeat 15 spinies!

>Funky Fungus Caverns
0QP-KDB-SRG
NSMBU level with funky mushrooms of different kinds.

Attached: SMM2 levels Compressed.png (1920x1080, 2.37M)

The game was clearly rushed, there’s signs of it everywhere
>lazy night themes and music, like you stated
>online is a fucking mess, more or less unusable in its current state
>3D World feels like a beta style, doesn’t intertwine with the other styles, and doesn’t justify it with 3D World’s non-interchangeable objects because it’s missing 80% of the cool ideas that game had
>certain content was cut for seemingly no reason from the first game like the weird mushroom and amiibo costumes
>SMB3 is missing music for some of its new themes and the problem sticks out like a sore thumb
And yet despite all these problems, the game still hasn’t gotten any news on updates two months after release. I’m gonna be pretty disappointed in Nintendo when they announce paid DLC for another half-baked style instead of fixing the issues the game already has.

Pretty good! As another user said, putting the powerups in little minigame rooms was a good idea.

A few too many enemies, and the jumps were a bit too tight, but rather bearable overall. I had no idea Stretches could go on slopes.

Not bad. Could use some more pits, though.

Agree except costumes were just a meme that clutter up the game without adding meaningful gameplay (especially in multiplayer).

I am pretty disappointed with the lack of updates/commitments to updates.

>zoomer doesn't understand marios moves
>'soft lock here'

Attached: 1393096057581.png (592x511, 478K)

>Forest of Spiciness

Mario travels to Mexico just to find a very spicky level

2YL-076-VTF

Yes, I agree. The first true update better be worth it if Nintendo's trying to make us wait for that long. And I just don't mean multiplayer with friends alongside 1-2 new course elements, but something substantial enough to keep me invested.

One of the best puzzel levels I've played. The boss fight is a bit much, though it's by far the most original boss I've seen. Kudos

>Track Claw Climb
9RT-GBT-9TF (last time I'm shilling this level)
Level I made in 30 minutes for a challenge on one of these threads

>Plumber in the Haunted Village
6PT-Q55-DJG

Ghost Fleet
1NQ-G6D-Y0H

both of these are not finished/needs to be polished a little more, any suggestions or advice would be welcome

Attached: mike-tyson-9512980-2-402.jpg (1200x1200, 157K)

I wish someone would do this. Did ANY people of note make MM2 levels?

>Toy Block Tower
I completely have no idea where i ws going 4 the whole time.
I've saved your profile cause i want to play some more of your levels but i have no time now

gotta agree with you and with

Level Challenge:
>Hammer Bros. on Bloopers
>Barely any ground you can stand on
>Sky theme

mariomaker.net/community/
a lot of these are mm2 codes now for the people that migrated over

interesting concept. some areas could have been designed better, but i had a lot of fun with thwomp vs bullies

Its going to take me so long to get to S with the shitty rng multiplayer levels that show up, or the lag. After reading this thread I’m regretting getting it. Also if anyone has the plok creator mario maker comic I’d appreciate it

Didn't like the pixel perfect stuff in this.

Git gud

I'm mostly bummed about the lack of progression in the game.
Sure, there's a story mode and that has progression, but no medals for accruing total likes (I have no idea how to get the medals that are in the game now) and no amiibo costumes to unlock for playing other people's levels.
There is 0 incentive to make or play levels this time around and it fucking sucks.

Oh and here's my most popular level. Not sure why though, I think most of my other stuff is better.
>Mount Skipsqueak
GQ3-JVP-WJF

Attached: A 799.gif (498x356, 778K)

git boo'ed

It IS a Wario Land 4 level, so it's supposed to be kinda open. But I thought it was generally straightforward.

Why did the game die so fast?

Finally got the game after 2 months, here are a few i made a remade from the first game
Underground plateau: QWX-SY9-9YG
The light and dark world: 2TV-55K-4HG
Mushroom kingdom (melee): PDR-5CV-5VG
Old mushroom mines: 1Q3-VTH-Q1H

Nintendo got too comfortable with the Switch’s success yet again.

I made a new shitty level centered around Galoombas. See pic.

Also try out my other courses that aren't quite so bad:

>Mysterious Big Tree Forest
>JN5-47F-MGF

>Flying Saucer Attack!
>MJ0-MYQ-JCG

>Starry Night Stream
>36C-FTK-QLF

Attached: 83c92932d8[1].jpg (1280x720, 71K)

>Galoomba course
Plays like dogshit, it feels like you're forced to damage boost through parts

Haven't played since it came out. Did they ever fix online or add anything in new updates?

Attached: 1566073722172.png (262x240, 91K)

they've only raised the upload limit from 32 to 64

Nothing changed, aside from the aforementioned upload limit boost.

Thanks dude.

You're supposed to lure them over and use them to bounce off on or throw around.

So many literal whos on this list but Matthewmatosis and Mechagamezilla AREN'T? They make great levels, too.

What's frustrating is how easy it would be for a fuckhuge company like Nintendo to give an outline of future updates to keep the community engaged - throw in Chargin Chuck in October and add 5 old mario tracks to the music Menu in November and bam you'd have creators imagining how to implement for small effort.

Based.

Currently working on a political level
Segments:
>Auth-Left: Work under commies in a factory and get thrown out of a helicopter
>Auth-Right: Cross the border wall, go into a Wal-Mart, get shot
Haven't built the next two yet
>Lib-Left: Smoke weed and fuck the police
>Lib-Right: Collect bitcoins and buy shit with your slaves

The creators of Celeste as well as the creators of the old Plok games made levels. Not sure who else.

Yeah I haven't played it in a month. I thought that at this point there would be more efforts by Nintendo to update the game and make the online better so it could have more online prominence but they're mostly silent.

>and fuck the police
That just makes we want an Astral Chain inspired level.

That’s too hard for them, they’d rather rush out another entry in another franchise to fluff up the library and make it look like the Switch has tons of games.

>thread already dead

rip this game

Get the chores done to go out! - J6Y-W0N-LVG
Mow the lawn, clean your room and take care of the pet waste, among others.

My Secret Shrooms: HMW-350-41H
Some above average difficulty platforming and finding some intuitive hidden blocks

Mission Impowssible: Y0S-V4L-34G
Run for your life. Mildly based in Metallica's "I Disappear" music video.

That's probably exactly what they're gonna do, based off of the updates SMM1 got.

Yeah when I got this game I was under the impression it would get continuous updates to keep the community alive and FIX THE FUCKING ONLINE. I honestly feel ripped off