12 fucking years

>12 fucking years
What excuse could they possibly come up with for this, and why won't they tell us what's going on?

Attached: 1557467347170.png (1340x521, 192K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iy61r3Qkm6o
youtu.be/KdeY1v6jC7Q
youtube.com/watch?v=54bpxhCEwDQ
youtube.com/watch?v=cEbcAMo-ZWw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>What excuse could they possibly come up with for this
Hats make more money and require less resources.

Would be nice if they just came out and said it, ya know?

Attached: 1526505321169.png (1280x913, 956K)

they waited too long and no one gives a shit anymore
same with Game of Thrones books, I was hyped till 2016, now I don't care

Valve will never Say it was cancelled simply because of how the company works
One day the entire hl3 team quits and dies, game gets announced cancelled, but the next day dota 2 devs decide they want to work on it
VNN explained it with tf2, if the tf2 team quit working on it and making updates they wouldnt ever tell because they maybe would backtrack on it
In valve things dont get cancelled, they just get put away till someone wants to work on it

Yep gabe knows if he comes out it’s anything stocks will plummet due to bad reviews or the fact it was cancelled

>theres not enough people internally at Valve that just feel sad for the HL community and want to band together long enough to give them a conclusion
Fucking end me

Attached: 1532644010849.jpg (500x558, 33K)

If 3 hl3 comes out next year in 2020

Attached: 1562454222347.jpg (800x725, 261K)

Scripted

Valve's "Work on whatever you want" attitude is both a gift and a curse. Shame that the only source 2 game currently is fucking DOTA 2 which has no physics so we don't even know the capabilities of the engine compared to source.

Wasn't there a Half Life VR game that got leaked?

WELL SHIT

If not 3 Valve cancels one day before release date and shifts all attention to DOTA IP's and nothing else forever

Attached: 1529975115593.jpg (460x465, 94K)

Valve is trash now. No one cares about their games anymore. Move on, grandpa. They're busy making you pay to level up your Steam profile to add more friends and their other bullshit they pull. All they have to do is make a little hat and idiots buy it. Why would they invest so much time, money, and their reputation to release a game that will make pennies compared to them doing nothing and printing money?

There's no point. I doubt they'll even make games again in the future. Their quick cash grab card "game" doesn't even count but that's as far of a game as they'll make. The game will never live up to the hype and even if there's a little flaw it will damage their reputation. It's better for them to say they're "working on it" and "it'll be worth the wait" than to admit it's cancelled. Which it has been for years.

>Make a DOTA card game
>Make a DOTA autochess
>Don't make a DOTA RPG that actually expands the world
Fucking hell Valve, if you are going to milk DOTA milk it in the right way

I'd rather have Portal 3

>no Dota ARPG

You know, I tried DOTA 2 and found out I fucking hate MOBA's
I'll never touch Artifact or the Autochess trash
BUT a DOTA RPG done by Valve might actually interest me

I can't be disappointed in them no matter what honestly. Even if they abandoned everything the games they made are still among the best ones I played and Portal 2 is my favorite game of all time. I just hope Singleplayer games in general don't end up dying.

Are you retarded?

Artifact and Underlords are source 2

They stopped making it dumbass

That's even worse then, we have no idea what Source 2 does better than source on a physics standpoint.

It's a shame because while DOTA doesn't have a consistent lore, it does have cool places most of the heroes come from and the ones that are connected are connected in a neat way.
Artifact was alright for lore but is a shit game, then Underlords is shit for both.

What hero would a dota rpg have as the playable character
It's annoying because I'd like a full game starring each of them.

Just do marvel ultimate alliance thing

>stocks plummet
Isn't VALVe privately owned?

who cares? half life games have only ever been jumping puzzle tech demos.
they wont release HL3 or any others until they have some revolutionary new graphics engine to show off.

He's retarded and/or baiting

Valve used to make video games, now they make money

Bounty Hunter, Sven, Kunkka, Omniknight, Rubick and Silencer I would feel would be the realistic possible protagonists of a DOTA RPG.

If there was a Half Life 3, I wish it is Half Life 1 styled more than 2.

I'd literally kill for a Diablo clone made by Valve.

it's cuz they know 90% of moba players actually dont give a shit about the lore or wouldn't buy an RPG. Playerbase is mostly 3rd worlders chain smoking cigarettes trying not to ragequit their shitty match. .

>we have no idea what Source 2 does better than source on a physics standpoint
which is ironic since S2's major "feature" is that it stopped using Havok and moved onto an in house physics engine
its probably crap

Actually in 2019 hats barely make as much money as dota fluff and ak47 skins,
and you know the 30% cut from the biggest store on pc

Their VR game is coming this year.

They got interested in other projects and there isn't enough internal will at Valve to start on HL3.

kek
yeah ok dude for sure

90% of the player base didn't buy Artifact either, so it's a moot point.

Bounty Hunter would be a great choice, as well as Sven.
I actually don't think Kunkka would be a good choice, being possibly dead, unless they played up that angle. Rubick is great though. Maybe Invoker, make it a magic focused RPG?
I think Juggernaut would be a perfect choice too.

it wont come out this year nor will they talk about it

Attached: 1562473428410.gif (386x280, 3.13M)

I'm going to dump Electra if it doesn't come out in 2019

This, they put custom games into Dota 2 and nobody plays them either
Vast majority of Dota fans are there purely for ASSFAGGOTS gameplay and nothing else

Who cares HL2 was shit and Valve hasn't made a good game since HL1. Even HL1 was outdone by OppForce

Artifact was the spiritual successor to half-life 2.

I know.
>We finished up Ep. 2 and Ep 3 was already being produced and was about 20% done with Ep 4 in pre-production by Arkane studios. (Concept art mainly.)
>Gabe's wheelie desk policy starts to be taken advantage of with more people leaving to the more experimental and fun projects
>Eventually we only have three people on Ep 3 by 2012
>Last programmer leaves for VR team
>The two artists go do their own shit

Im sorry, I really am.

kewl

>Arkane Half Life
Even if fake, this is an interesting idea. Imagine Prey 2017's game design in a Half Life game.

Worst part about the Episode 3 eulogy was that the story actually did live up to the hype. All the memes about no way would the reality live up to the mystery were wrong. I felt finality just from reading it.

Not him, but that Arkane was working on a "EP4" is well known m8.

I stopped following Half Life for a while so excuse my ignorance.

>half life
>game of thrones
mr. personality right here. get some actual interests.

Meh what gives

Half life is a mediocre series, the only decent game was the first one, the rest were bad

>Prospero
>Stars of blood
>F-stop
>Episode 3
>TF2's comic
Valve is the king of killing it's own projects

They should make an MMO and call it World of Wdota

Return to Ravenholm had some screenshots too

They are either waiting for VR, Gaben's doctor to tell him he will definitely die from Big Mac toxicity, or they just don't give a shit about making games that aren't cash grabs any more.

Heck, Team Fortress 2 has stopped getting its yearly summer updates just a year ago. I don't really see why they can't throw some money to materialize the game just to give their fans closure before all the fans die of old age, but I guess that is just wishful thinking.

Attached: 1512527358020.png (712x540, 343K)

>HL3 doesn't come out for years
>All this time, people are thinking about why it is taking so long
>Maybe they are making the game extra big and have to spend time on all the maps
>Maybe they are researching crazy, mindblowing tech to put in the game
>Maybe they are agonizing over every little detail because they are perfectionists, and they frequently scrap whole elements and rework them
>Maybe they are nearly finished, but they are afraid to release it in its current state, because they want it to be as revolutionary as its predecessors
>Nope. No one was working on it cuz no one cared. And no one has to because of Valves dumb, IT start-up-like philosophy of "work on what you feel like, man"

Attached: 35683753246.jpg (533x800, 49K)

FPBP of truth

>No thread theme.
You're bad at your job.
youtube.com/watch?v=iy61r3Qkm6o

>gaben literally says the arent working on it and have no plans of releasing hl3

When will you retards give up? He already told you what's going on years ago.

Honestly, what are those employees are actually fucking working on?
Because it sure as fuck isn't games
Is making weapon skins 9 to 5 more interesting than making a game?
Is that even enough to occupy all the employees?
What do they fucking do all day?

>Randy Savage bringing the coke or coke fiends with him at all times.
Rest in peace you wild bastard.

They already constantly mentioned how their lack of hierarchy and focus on a dozen other projects made focusing on Episode 3 "hard", and that the format ended up failing.

Now they won't because everybody and their mom knows they just stopped giving a shit when gun-skins/cosmetics, DotA heroes and Steam sales make infinitely more money. And on top of everything we got an actual pro-tier fanmake in the works. They'd be in too awkward of a position to even touch Half-Life anymore.

Attached: 1490072681766.jpg (400x333, 53K)

>What do they fucking do all day?
imagine a group of toddlers trying to make a city in legos
after a couple hours half the toddlers get bored and leave and the rest get mad that they cant make it look like how they imagine it so they tear it all down and start from scratch

thats basically what happens at valve every single fucking day

>What do they fucking do all day?
I have been wondering this too for years now.
Since the amount of content they produce is insanely low for the size of the company.

Hardware for VR since its making the most money and keeping the infrastructure up in our multiplayer games like CS, Dota and TF2. TF2 update will be a long time seeing how only one actual fucking programmer is on the team and the rest artists, and he's stressing out fixing bugs and trying to bundle them into an update with content. We make skins because it makes money, stop buying them. Other than that helping VR devs, the one most people want to help is stress level zero. We even got as far to get an unreleased game from them on the Valve masterworks list.

Fuck all, the attitude can only grow since its constantly: 'C'mon user, stop working on that and come to lunch. I cant give less of a shit at this point

That's how I felt until I actually played through all of HL2 and seeing it end with Eli getting fucked. What a shitty cliffhanger to end on.

Hell I'd like to know more about F-Stop too, if anything.

Personally i've always seen Arkane as the true successor to Valve after Valve decided it wanted to be a worse Activision-Blizzard.

Be happy knowing I've spent literally zero (0) money on virtual shit on tf2 and csgo.
Also, if you're a real my-dad-works-at-nintendo valve man, tells us something about the FLAGSHIP VR GAME that's supposedly coming up.
It must be good since the way you describe it, a good chunk of the company is working for it.
Was VR even worth it? From anywhere I hear, sales were really underwhelming.

Why do you even care? Half-Life 2 isn't canon.

Gordon rejected the gman's offer.

youtu.be/KdeY1v6jC7Q

Keep in mind I have never had any interest working on VR shit since I sincerely believe its a meme, but if you've ever heard of the 'F-stop' mechanic valve designed Portal 2 around and was rejected by play testers. So much so they re-designed the entire game to just be traditional sequel, The VR team is recycling that mechanic and making a game about the same scale of Portal 1 with it just being a linear puzzle game. The rest are very conceptual with the rumoured Half Life: VR having nothing to do with Freeman and as far as I know has either stopped development or has slowed down considerably to a certain burger hoarders concerns about a fan reaction similar to the reaction we had to artifact.

>cry

Attached: end it.jpg (567x736, 62K)

Personally they seem more like Irrational Games' successor to me. Going beyond just Half-Life, nobody quite fills the same modding-heavy niche that Valve was once known for. Epic and UE4 could've gotten there before Sweeney decided to become the shittiest platform-holder alive with all that Fortnite money.

imagine being such a soulless husk that you keep chasing the dosh despite being a billionaire who'll literally struggle to spend it all, given that his 2 hobbies are being a fat cunt and collecting edgy knives

thanks leaky chan

>f-stop will be real but vr exclusive and at portal 1 length and the HL game ironically died too
Worst timeline.
If you're for real and valve is banking their entire fucking headset on a ~2 hour tech demo then all hope is clearly lost.
I'm honestly fucking sad. I dunnae since when you joined ship or whatever the fuck you do in there, but valve has a distinct level on quality, writing, everything that I don't think i've seen another game match. Sure, there's great games, even better, but none that would make me say 'siiiiip, that's valve'
Seeing glimpses of concept art and epistle 3 makes me feel even worse, since HL basically defined me when I was a wee kiddie.

Vive did better than expected, Index is currently being manufactured to order as we speak with a 6 delay manufacture and shipping time. They're gonna keep making money and thats final, I'm sorry user.

Im sorry Yea Forums

>Arkane
Thank FUCK they cancelled everything. Worthless woke frenchtrash.

Oh don't feel bad. There is potential in VR and give time there's potential for a new decent FPS.

it’s ok
we still love you, leaky-kun

Thanks guys, I might post if again if Yea Forums ever decides to get a valve thread up again. Im going to go to bed now, know that not all Valve employees are useless cunts.

when will people learn that vr is a fucking meme.It may need dacades even in this age to be at least bearable

Hating popular things doesn't make you interesting.

>tfw Valve helped kickstart loot boxes, tried to make paid mods a thing and allows workshop artists fuck up their game's aesthetic for the sake of money
>people still suck Gaben's dick on reddit
fuck them, I'm glad Artifact was a flop

Attached: 1521320063252.jpg (329x301, 57K)

The display tech is not there. You need at least 8k for each eye and something like 240 Hz each. which is prohibitively expensive and no hardware can drive it.

So it will stay a niche until someone has a killer application for it.

Valve realized over a decade ago that Half Life reached the critical mass threshold. There's just no way they could produce a third game that would live up to expectations. Just look at what happened to Duke Nukem. DK:F was a lot better than people say it is, but it just could not live up to so many years of hype and waiting. Same thing would happen to HL3; doesn't matter what valve does or how well it's made, it wouldn't be good enough.

HOWEVER

If valve ever does actually make HL3, I don't expect them to announce it like normal games. I have this fever dream where in a random youtube video or maybe at E3, Gabe just appears, shows an image of the logo, and says something like 'Available now on Steam'. Minimalist you know.

>they had the first paid dlc
>the Xbox niggers forced it

Just because they're popular doesn't mean they're good. Pointing the obvious doesn't make you snarky and witty.

they don't make weapon skins.

>have SEVERE myopia
>even with the strongest glasses everything is slightly blurry
>live my whole life like this, never knowing what actually sharp clear vision looks like
>VR works for me now because im used to it being blurry to a small degree so 8k means nothing to me

a curse with a silver lining

>Valve
>stocks

It's not normal behavior to sperg out and make fun of someone when all they said they used to like two things lots of other people like.

The same could be said about the opposite though. Just because it's popular doesn't mean it's bad (though a lot of popular things are).

If this is all real it’s genuinely more depressing than the upcoming shitstorm that Quinn just started brewing.

It feels like Gabe is just sad and lonely and scared now. Valve has gone full horseshoe from “open and creative” where you can move from project to project and keep your passion and creativity stimulated, to “a complete and total lack of structure” where sloth is the cardinal sin and why do the busy work and make games when low effort skins and assets make just as much, especially when the community is making around half of that.

Gabe made valve rebelling from Microsoft and now he’s just become Microsoft. It honestly makes me angry. Like someone should walk into his office clap in his face and tell him to wake the fuck up.

>I have this fever dream where in a random youtube video or maybe at E3, Gabe just appears, shows an image of the logo, and says something like 'Available now on Steam'.
This is exactly the way I expected them to announce it for years. Are you me?

How do you do that?

>If this is all real it’s genuinely more depressing than the upcoming shitstorm that Quinn just started brewing.
Everyone knew how valve worked for years. Its not something new and confidential we learn about now.
But I still would join you in slapping Gabe awake before it's too late, if it already isnt

If it personally upsets you that others dissaprove of what you like, it means you identify yourself with what media you consume which in turn means you need professional psychological help.
Stating the obvious doesn't make you witty or intelligent.

But you're the one that was concerned with what someone else liked.

>Giving up on greenlight and just opening the floodgates of shovelware: sloth
>artifact, even if good, was a CARD GAME: sloth as fuck, low effort.
>community helps pay for most of esports pots: sloth AND greed my nigga

Sloth is for sure their cardinal sin. Shit they’re too lazy to even make “literally anything 3” as a more of the same sequel

What I don’t get it is all the hype surrounding it why the fuck do all the employees at Valve rather work at other projects instead of the one everybody is actually waiting for??

Don't forget that even the hats that everyone goes 'haha valve hats' about, aren't even being made by valve for years. They're just voted in from the workshop

I maintain that they did not have anything meaningful to put in the game mechanically so any work they did was dropped because there was nothing of actual value to be put in the game engine.
HL was always a glorified tech demo.
Now if VR/AR becomes something widespread enough they might actually do something with but at this point in time there is nothing new that is being done in games that would warrant more exploration.

Suppose it's easier to just do some menial task like keeping their aging servers working than to do something challenging, like working on a game, that may or may not be a success

Iirc there one of the leaked lines of code that people have been datamining the past 10 years from every little thkng valve puts out, referenced a new gimmick gun or something

will the Tf2 update will be in 2020, leaky user?

What did gaben thought about the crate depression stuff?

why would you ever make a game that will never live up to the expectations
having your game overhyped is the worst thing that can happen to your game because even when it's good it's gonna get dumpstered because it didn't meet everyone's unrealistic expectations

>2 years since that thread
What the fuck, it feels like one at the most.

This used to be the dream, and the meme
>E3 2020
>PC gaming show
>Gabe takes the stage
>crowd is literally clawing their eyes out and shrieking like eldritch mongaloids
>Gaben quietly waddles to the spotlight raises 3 sausage fingers in the air
>no sound, not from the crowd, or the stage.
>the world goes silent in anticipation
>a pin falls to the floor and is heard from space
>Gabe slowly lowers his index and ring fingers
>”send them in”
>combine soldiers swarm the studio and kill everyone while the stream shows this live
>twitch pulls the stream
>twitch HQ is raided by angry pcbros and burned to the ground
>the 7 hour war begins

No, I am not. You're just confused because there are no poster IDs on Yea Forums.
I'm not the one who triggered you about GoT and HL; I just saw your shitty reply and gave you a piece of my mind.

tee bee aych

>only one TF2 dev
that poor potted plant

>We make skins
funny how you failed this simple part with your ''leaks''

half life is a decent FPS series and nothing more

Attached: 1564934012908.jpg (278x182, 7K)

>why won't they tell us what's going on?
Because they got distracted with other IP's they were working on and put HL3 on the back burner. But due to how 'small' the teams are and due to how the company works internally. The Half Life property was neglected for years and most new hires didn't want to actually work on a Half Life property, instead they wanted to work on the fancy/ shiny things instead. So people were constantly jumping on an off the team for Half Life 3 for years until eventually the team just ended up becoming a "not doing anything" team. After the last of the original Half Life team left though, the product was then essentially dropped. Now the only "half life" team that's actually doing something is just some new VR game. The reason why they just don't come out and say "sorry, we put it on the back burner in favor for other properties but when we actually got around to working on it. We couldn't get our shit together enough due to how our company works" would result in many people viewing the company worse then they already did when "Artifact" was released.

gordon was in a 12 year coma

Say what you will but DOOM came back strong

Why do VALVe hire ADHD onions faggots that can't focus on one project.
When they could just hire turbo autistic community modders that absolutely care about getting something finished.

Yeah but at least there was the thought in the back of your head like they were at least doing SOMETHING secretive. They literally haven’t done anything worthwhile with source 2. I mean they made the fucking engine DO SOMETHING WITH IT BESIDES PORTING DOTA WITH LITERALLY NO CHANGES. DO SOMETHING GOD DAMN IT

>what's going on
nothing is going on

>tried to make paid mods a thing
>tfw most of the money actually went to the modder before Gabe shut it down
>when todd did it he took a bigger cut and allowed stolen shit on there

>won't tell us what's going on
Breaking news: Valve continues not working on Half-Life 3

>tfw hate EGS but like the idea of Valve being forced off their asses to actually compete

Attached: image.jpg (570x428, 30K)

Yeah but it was the gold source engine and it’s modding community that made it so long lasting and impactful. CS, TF, even portal were all mod projects that valve recruited

>decent
>revolutionize how story fps are played
>two times
yeah ok

Arkane was set to make a Ravenholm spin-off / Ep4, this much is confirmed.

>compete
And how are they gonna compete with EGS buying games?
Buy games themselves?

>Valve
>Forced to anything
They have no drive or will to do anything, and have already earned enough money for several lifetimes.
Since they don't have shareholders that expect profit, they don't actually need to demand anything from their employees.

>compete with EGS
>When EGS is just killing itself with it's unsustainable cuts, buying off devs and now that creeping lawsuit for security concerns

I believe it.

>they wanted to work on the fancy/ shiny things instead.
What shiny new things?
Portal 2 and csgo?
Alright, those happened, now what have they fucking done with their lives from 2012 to now?
A rushed card game any other company could have pumped out in months? Some chinkbait autochess thing i don't even know what it means? What?
The only thibg i can name is the headset but that too wont fucking fly with no games to support it.

project borealis looks promising youtube.com/watch?v=54bpxhCEwDQ

Take a page from Nintendo and old valves playbook.
Make another first party title that outsells

Dota and CSGO are more popular and generate more money than anything they ever did before

I'm convinced that even if egs completely forced steam out of competition with all their dirty tricks, gabe would just accept defeat, call it quits, dissolve valve and retire

Samefag

What was Stars of Barathrum supposed to be anyway?
An Elite clone?

>Make another first party title that outsells
and how does this help against epic buying games from other devs?

I just want an answer as to why straight from Gabe's mouth.

I remember how much I wanted EGS to actually force Valve to do something
but given everything that has happened Valve literally has to do nothing and just let EGS bleed itself out

you know what he ment faggot

Epic is in competition with themselves.
Steam is too different to care.

There must be some point when people stop buying skins for these increasingly old games, even if they go F2P.
Fuck I just want good games from them again.

Take away the fluff and weight of screaming ITS HALF LIFE to starved fanboys and it's just a couple of mediocre maps strung together. That's the case with all fangames.
I don't want a fucking random ass arctic themed map made by 20 something faggots trying to make a name for themselves and bait journos into advertising their game that would have gotten 0 attention if it wasnt 'le hl3'. I wanted to see where the og minds behind it would take the story

>VR is currently the "shiny" thing.
Outside of that though, the whole office environment is essentially run like it's a Highschool but peer pressure and reputation play a role in your grade as well. Valve as a company is a failure and the only reason why they're still afloat right now is due to the major success of Steam as a platform.

I don't think Valve is really that concerned about EGS.
The consumer is mostly on steams side and at the end of the day consumers are the ones funding the stores, not game devs

It also doesn't help EGS that Sweeney boy is notoriously anti consumer.

and why should a company pander to you exclusively

But we know exactly where the story goes thanks to the leak. The only problem is if faggot modders decide to follow the script or not.

Because they're a video game company you fucking faggot

Where's this piece of official concept art described in epistle 3?

Attached: ep3_xen2.jpg (1600x640, 135K)

yea and you're a gamer and others aren't because they play casual shit or trash games
this is what some call gamer entitlement btw

>le cake is le lie!

Or this?

Attached: ep3_xen6.jpg (1067x1600, 353K)

Attached: image.jpg (720x629, 31K)

cool

Or even this?
My point is, laidlaws summing up was just a very quick and very very bitter take on what was supposed to happen. Half of it is lowkey just ranting on how valve moved on and never made the game and he couldnt do anything about it

Attached: posthuman.png (871x733, 1.23M)

But both GoT books and half life are good

The physics stuff they have already implemented is honestly impressive, the stuff they have actually made and shown is enough to give hope just because they actually have something to show unlike half that shit where its mid tier concept art and fuck all else.

But between Black Mesa being a pile of shit and “find me that freeman” or whatever being an even bigger shit show, I still have a bit of a bad taste in my mouth.

tldr Cautiously optimistic

But in the meantime we have devs working on improving mechanics and such. This is a necessary step in making good VR

>But both GoT books and half life are good
Sunset found her squatting in the grass

>Yea Forums in 1996
When will people learn that 3D graphics are a meme? I mean the Nintendo 64 looks like shit right now so we should just stop working on advancing it altogether.

Mario 64 blew everyone's fucking minds user.

I can see that. Not only did they used to use Source but the concept artist for HL2 actually went to work at Arkane. Arkane still has that old dev spirit from the Looking Glass days.

Sure thing valve drone

No. Wrong

Also wrong

Attached: tenor.gif (478x268, 845K)

FPBP
Half Life 2 never had a solidified ending. The purpose was to help lay out the Steam platform, and do so by presenting a compelling narrative. The more questions, the better. That's it.
They pulled a Lost finale and can't possibly provide any exposition that would satisfy the questions they've created.

Yeah but almost everything else looks like ass in that era, VR needs that awkward 64 gen to get to the big jumping point

Project Boneworks
>VR
>Physics focus
>Crowbar

Would it even be possible to make a hl3 that would live up to people's expectations at this point?

I've been over it for a long damn time
epistle 3 was better than anything valve would release today and that's good enough

No, HL2 isnt even nearly as good as people remember it to be.

But Epistle 3 clearly shows they had answers to the questions.

lol everyone forgets that Microsoft was the one who forced paid mods and paid DLC, because from their perspective they didn't want to devalue the Xbox Live experience into a free content delivery system

Not a TVfag , what happened in the Lost finale? I get the premise of the show and watched a few episodes.

The wait is almost over bros...

I hope you bought a headset.

Attached: 1538533261352.png (1685x713, 221K)

It's gonna be that one game with the black woman from the makers of Firewatch.

what happend to camp santos? they just fucking stopped working and is now living off of Steam's infinite cash flow?

in my experience, HL2 actually gets better with age and is more and more fun to play as modern FPS titles get worse and worse and worse. Did anyone even play Wolfenstein Youngblood? Exactly.

tf2 updates take forever because people expect giant updates like those back in 2010-2012 era. Except this time the team is like 15 people with two being actual old school tf2 devs and the rest being programmers and artists who move around a lot

There is absolutely no possible way for it to live up to the hype, at this point all you should want is an ending, and we got that already. move on.

Attached: Finally Complete.jpg (357x168, 15K)

nice larp faggot

valve are paying them to not make games

>making skins
Nigga steam has a workshop. They can just pluck somebody else's work and use that.

>hlvr.
>"it's gonna be great guys"
How foolish you are.

Lost was written episode to episode while on acid

The thing with 64 is the controls were crazy innovative and laid the groundwork for 3d movement controls from that point forwards. It STILL holds up today. VR movement is absolute shit right now, no one really knows how to make it work.
That's the real thing holding back VR

>not having a routine and trying new things and discovering them for yourself doesn't make you interesting
>now let me get back to eating mcdonalds everyday you apparently uninteresting person.

Valve realized they would just be releasing another Duke Nukem Forever, it's not worth it anymore, When they return to the Half Life universe, they'll just attack it from a different angle with a different main character and probably a different title.

why are you people like this
vaalve didn't fucking realize anything
several groups of people couldnt agree on a single thought, theres no managers deadlines to enforce anything, so people just stopped working on it
they'll never "return"
give
up
already

They arent making it, but one day they might so saying nothing makes the most sense. After 6 years you should all accept it will probably never come get over it

Ok, Nostradamus

They knew more of where they were going than L O S T ever did.

Attached: plot of the year.gif (450x249, 2.26M)

holy shit

Attached: reaction oh shit.png (530x384, 509K)

>Gabe made valve rebelling from Microsoft and now he’s just become Microsoft. It honestly makes me angry. Like someone should walk into his office clap in his face and tell him to wake the fuck up.
Now it's time for someone else to make their own development studio, with a handful of passionate people, rebelling from Valve. Just as Gabe did some decade, or two ago.

I thought it was pretty clear Gaben said he'd make it a priority for Valve once they'd secured the future of PC gaming by getting 3% of north american Steam users on GNU/Linux. It wouldn't make sense to build a big exclusive game if nobody is using that platform after all.
Its still at 2%, WTF are you guys asking for HL3 for if you're still running Windows? Valve's even had to put time into getting all your Windows games to run by building Proton. What are they going to have to build to get you to switch?

The last possible way was with the index as half live VR, but that is gone too.
I think its for the best, so people finally realize that the fat jew only cares about steam now.

who cares

Is there going to be a sequal to Half-Life 2 Episode Three.docx?

Maybe make a Half-Life 2 Episode Three Two.docx.bat?

I thought the whole point of episodic content was to realase the games faster. What the fuck happened to that notion?

Attached: Waited on Episode 3.jpg (900x806, 155K)

scripted but nice anyways

the ending of lost literally created more questions than answered

can't be that bad.

Attached: LzIhgwM.jpg (960x640, 105K)

You guys buy this "they just work on whatever they want to work on" crap? you think these guys working for valve want to be slaving their talent away making fucking stupid souless microtransaction garbage? There may be some serious pay incentive to work on features that jip customers out of every dime and penny, but i wouldnt be surprised if Gaben himself was directing his worker drones away from half life to make more hats or something.

and remember, corporations want one thing. and thats growth. so the reason they havent done anything with half life is almost definitely because its not considered profitable to release. i mean, they havent released any games recently. games are expensive to make and not really worth the investment when you could just put more resources into your giant cash cow.

so capitalism has taken its toll and suffocated the artistry out of valve. yeah thats right you better bet im coming after capitalism. got a fucking problem with it? say it to my face, cunt.

Valve was never good.

Why do people still want HL3 to come out? The time for it has passed and we should consider it a blessing they didn't taint the series with a shit sequel.

They tested this with siltbreaker. They made some very high quality maps and it was very fun and helped flesh out the world.
But I guess whatever metrics Valve was collecting showed that player retention was too low for it.

Commie faggot

I never wanted a HL3. I never expected a HL3, because Valve never announced nor promised a HL3.

I wanted Half-Life 2: Episode Three to finish the goddamn series after Episode Two's cliffhanger and which was actually announced and promised.

t. never used it

>siltbreaker
I was mad they never brought it back

The "they just work on whatever they want to work on" crap is real, it just doesn't mean what people think it means.

People "work on whatever they want" in the sense that they don't have a boss telling them what to do. However, "what you want to do" better be the same as what everyone else wants you to do, or else you get voted off the island and fired.

Gabe didn't tell the worker drones to not work on Half-Life, but he did create an environment where the worker drones were "encouraged" to "not want to" work on Half-Life.

>Make MMORPG
>noone plays it
>lose money and making that actually takes effort
no I see where Gabe is coming from that fat lard knows how to run a profitable business

>as far as I know has either stopped development or has slowed down considerably to a certain burger hoarders concerns about a fan reaction similar to the reaction we had to artifact.
Wonder how Tyler is going to react when HLVR fails to come out. He's been doubling down hard lately on "HLVR is totally coming out in 2019"

>epistle 3 was 2 years ago

Episode One and Episode Two were each made in two years.

Okay. It's my fault, I haven't played the games, I've been wanting to for years but I just haven't. I tell you guys, I'll probably do it next year or something, announcement should come soon after that.

test

any day now

Attached: Waiting-Skeleton.jpg (298x403, 32K)

>Spinoff title based on Half life 2!
Who wanted a cardgame? Why a spinoff title? Just make the damn sequel already. Less than 1% of users will own a VR headset, one game alone isn't going to sell a headset-I own one and it was a waste of money. Headset owners probably number less than 100,000. The number was so minuscule the last time Valve reported it that I expected them to stop throwing money into the trash improving it.

wait, you guys are just now finding out about epistle 3?

No, just reflecting on the fact that the time between now and Epistle Three is now longer than the time it took for Valve to make Half-Life 2: Episode One

why hasn't gaben made a vr port of portal?

youtube.com/watch?v=cEbcAMo-ZWw

Plot? yes. Actual plans to produce something...? Very likely no. Never shown gameplay footage, plans, or anything substantial beyond cursory production art.

>The entire post chain ends in 3

Attached: 1562709253427.gif (580x328, 2.92M)

>anons are believing the larper
jesus christ Yea Forums, they didn't even attempt to fake "proof"

>You guys buy this "they just work on whatever they want to work on" crap?
That concept is a total meme that morons parrot. You work on what the board (yes, Valve has a board) and the CEO are interested in so you can earn that sweet year-end bonus and avoid being fired in the next purge.

This is why the only products Valve ships are Gabe's vanity projects.

Everything said just confirms what is already publicly known about Valve. If it's a larp, it's a harmless one.