Yakuza 7 hype thread

I like these games and I buy them everytime they come out, but the turn based mechanic has me legitimately hyped this time.

It'll be fun to see how they tackle turn based mechanics in this game. It'll be the first Yakuza game in a while that will be truly different and unique.

What are you looking forward to most?

Attached: Yakuza-7_2019_08-29-19_Top.jpg (600x337, 75K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pushsquare.com/news/2019/08/judgment_sequel_on_the_cards_as_sales_expectations_in_the_west_are_surpassed
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Same. Not just because I love Yakuza and wanna see what they do with the new mechanics, but also because a modern day jrpg sounds based as fuck.

Everything really points at them trying to make this new saga feel completely different and I'm on board

>can't have Yakuza threads without bait like this anymore

It was fun while it lasted.

?

The combat is probably gonna be really boring but i imagine the rest of the game will be just as good if not better than the other entries

>tfw have wanted to drop the Yakuza series for years now but the visceral combat keeps bringing me back
>yakuza 7 has turn based JRPG combat

Attached: 3a7.jpg (504x470, 98K)

I haven't played 6, but 0 was really top so I'm hoping for the best in that regard.

From the webms I've seen and the description of the new combat, it actually sounds like it's gonna be pretty dynamic. But we'll see how it turns out.

>visceral
If you just wanna shut your brain off and mash buttons there are games better suited than this franchise

Yakuza threads haven't been good in years ever since you know what but now we got people pretending to be oldfags of the series shitting on the turn based combat when the combat or the story was never really the draw of Yakuza to begin with.

I'm excited to see how they translate the hype from boss fight moments and what Yokohoma looks like. And I'm wondering if you get party members from substories or if they're determined based on your progress in the story

>optimism for a new entry in a series you enjoy is now considered bait

Attached: 1367098316645.gif (200x141, 531K)

Same. I think it's gonna be the same cutscene stuff in the end though

change=bad is unfortunately still a staple trait of the autistic spectrum

Then what was the draw of Yakuza? Do not say Karaoke

>any more
Yakuza threads have been shitty ever since 0 got a mainstream reputation as a memegame. Just look at how many anons now in those threads refuse to boot up emulators to play the original versions of 1 and 2 just because Kiwami exist -- that never happened back in the day.
I barely even go into them any more, as they always devolve into nonsense due to some shitposter

Fuck off elitist. If not for us this series would be dead in the west.

>muh sikret klub
Eat shit. You had like 10 people discussing Yakuza before Y0 came out.

Shenmue light basically. Just wandering around looking for fun stuff to do. Most people got into Yakuza in the begining when Yu Suzuki quit AM2 and Shenmue died.

>that never happened back in the day.
Probably because the remakes didn't exist back then and emulation was the only way to play the games.....

Exploring a Yakuza setting and having funny/charming side stories.

>It'll be fun to see how they tackle turn based mechanics in this game.
i hope it goes for a Valkyrie Profile kind of turn-based action

Yeah man thanks for 6.
Series should've just ended at 5. 0 wasn't even that good, Yea Forums only likes Majima who is mostly just a clone of Kiryu now except he doesn't leave the yakuza at the end.

>0 wasn't even that good
Dumb contrarian, can't cope with the fact that 0 is the best game and no one cares about the older shit games.

I agree with you. You really should stay out of these threads.

>elitist
>us
I'm assuming this is another shitpost, but get fucked either way. you are the cancer
and the discussion was much better
they play very different, and people actually recommended them for players to see how the series has evolved. If all people cared about were the stories (protip: no-one does) they could start at 4 since it has the recap feature but even after 5 was out people still recommended emulating the originals, for good fucking reason

Leave these threads if you hate them so much, "oldfag".

I assume paper mario mixed with more interactivity
The crowd throwing in items is practically already a given based off their information

People have been saying the threads have gone to shut literally every time a new game came out starting with 3. You're way too new to make that point.
No user, you were the shit poster all along

>there are a bajilion standard JRPGs on the market
>Yakuza was unique for being a modern 3d brawler
>"lol, let's throw away our niche and become another standard JRPG, that is totally what our series needs"

Attached: 137593505136.jpg (600x800, 64K)

>protip: no-one does
We got a kidder here

>they play very different,
True, two are worth playing while the others are obsolete, outdated and a waste of time in 2019

How many times does it need to be said the devs want to make more Judgment games, ie, more games with the brawler gameplay

Attached: キムタク2019の劣化スピードが激しい理由は極度のストレス?老けたと話題 (452x412, 65K)

>Yakuza was unique for being a modern 3d brawler
And now it's gonna be unique for being a modern JRPG.

Or how many other modern day jrpgs set in a Japanese crime setting do you know? And there are plenty of button mashers out there as well.

If you're a literal zoomer, that's true enough

as I said, I already have for the most part. It's just not worth trying to have a conversation in there anymore without falseflags and shitposts galore -- only Moose actually replies to posts earnestly anymore
>"oldfag"
I didn't use that word, so I'm not sure where you're getting that quote from
>People have been saying the threads have gone to shut literally every time a new game came out starting with 3
wrong
>No user, you were the shit poster all along
Explain?
>We got a kidder here
When Y5 came to the west most of the threads were laughing at how bad/silly the story was. 0 was called "the first one with a good story since 2" for a long time
>True, two are worth playing while the others are obsolete, outdated and a waste of time in 2019
give over, they're the classics that started the series

>When Y5 came to the west most of the threads were laughing at how bad/silly the story was
I miss the "DUDE BASEBALL" memes.

the initial reaction to the Baba/Shinada fight was pretty special

>wrong
t.newfag trying hard to draw the line where he wants it
>Explain?
>as they always devolve into nonsense due to some shit poster
>proceeds to shit up a thread with nonsense

>setting is what makes a game unique, not its gameplay

Attached: 132156451654.gif (400x320, 1009K)

>they're the classics that started the series
True, and now you can experience them without the outdated shit and clunkiness.
The other anons are right, you're the worst kind of shiposter.
Its just fucking video games but you turn it into some form of identity you can't let go of, and feel the need to belittle everyone who didn't experience the games the same way and when you did. Who gives a fuck whether someone plays the original or the remake? Autists and shitposters, that's who.

>Fuck off elitist. If not for us this series would be dead in the west.
>Eat shit. You had like 10 people discussing Yakuza before Y0 came out.
Yeah, these threads are dead. 0babies have ruined it completely.

>>
>only the biggest and most autistic tripfag on this board replies earnestly anymore
imagine suffering from confirmation bias this bad

>no more YUME
>no more t-set pasta
>no more "i know a guy who actually preordered Yakuza 5"

>setting is what makes a game unique
That's..... quite literally how it works. Even though I didn't say that, just that "modern brawler" is as much a point as "modern jrpg"

>these threads are dead because people have different opinions than me
Good riddance

>It'll be fun to see how they tackle turn based mechanics in this game
The MC references DQ so unless they make it really difficult it's not going to be any different from most turn based games.

Attached: 1516077366077.jpg (540x514, 107K)

Combat, cheesy soap opera story, and sidequests

Setting and the new characters of course! The combat is intriguing but it's always been what I've been interested the least.

This. People claiming the threads were comfy are talking about circlejerk threads where anons liking the games they didn't like we're absent, which happened often die to the limited size of the fanbase back in the day. It's delusion.

>t.newfag trying hard to draw the line where he wants it
you can throw around the words "oldfag" and "newfag" as if they mean anything to prove your point, but they don't
>>proceeds to shit up a thread with nonsense
I challenged someone who I believed was wrong, and have responded to people who believe I am wrong. That's hardly nonsense shitting up a thread, unlike some of the people who've tried to get a rise out of me by replying with silly hyperbole trashing the origins of the series they allegedly enjoy, which in my estimation is much closer to nonsense than anything I've said.
>True, and now you can experience them without the outdated shit and clunkiness.
different games though; it's like advocating playing RE2 Remake in place of RE2
>The other anons are right, you're the worst kind of shiposter.
By expressing my opinion? OK
>Its just fucking video games but you turn it into some form of identity you can't let go of
All I said the quality of the threads went down after 0 brought mainstream attention to the series, which it did, and pointed to the unwillingness of people to play the originals as proof of that
>and feel the need to belittle everyone who didn't experience the games the same way and when you did.
I haven't belittled anyone
>Who gives a fuck whether someone plays the original or the remake?
I can post about something without personally caring all that much about it. Like I said, I mostly avoid Yakuza threads now because I don't like where they've gone, it doesn't really affect me that much
>imagine suffering from confirmation bias this bad
It's true though. I tried talking about Judgment's combat one time and how enemy blocks and hyperarmor are way too fucky in the earlygame and every other reply was "t. shitter" or "lol just cheese with crane EX mode", and he was the only person to respond with an answer that was more than one sentence. I don't have a particular love for him, I'm just recounting what happened

>play the original versions of 1 and 2 just because Kiwami exist
Why play 1 when you can just play Kiwami?

>ask what the draw is outside of combat and story
>uhh combat and story!
Jesus christ at least read the thread before posting you idiot

clarified my thoughts on that a bit here >different games though; it's like advocating playing RE2 Remake in place of RE2

>multiple replies
>talks about being shat on in other threads as well
If you run into an asshole in the morning you run into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day, then you're the asshole.

Nice job not even being able to read the whole post. I just skipped the reply which is my fault true but at least acknowledge the whole post.

>>talks about being shat on in other threads as well
more like "talks about getting shitposted in response to genuine questions", which was my original point

Not remotely the same case. Kiwami is 99% the same game with qol updates and some minor changes. Remake 2 is a completely different game. And even then if someone just wants to witness the general premise, then yea, go ahead.

All day...

Kiwami is the same game as 1 but with a controlled camera and better graphics

>complains about shitposters and threads going to shit
>proceeds to shitpost about newcomers and displays his autism because some people don't wanna play decade old games when remakes exist
>gets into fights with various anons
>derails thread
No user, you were the shitposter all along

>0 is the best game
It's more of the same shit. The best new thing it featured was being able to fucking run in towns and IIRC Ishin was the one that actually introduced that. Like I said, the series should've just ended at 5, this isn't even an uncommon opinion despite the praise 0 gets (that whole 80s setting would've benefited from being it's own IP if anything like Judgement is instead of tying it to Kiryu & co)

Go to reddit if you want a hivemind hugbox.

Same but this changed now. Turn based combat makes.me legitimately excited for this game. I always wanted a current day jrpg that isn't persona and has less fantasy stuff

>says he doesn't come into these threads anymore
>comes into thread
>tells others to go away
Is this guy a comedian?

They talked about the mechanics on twitter and it sounds like Chrono Trigger honestly

>same general story
>new scenes
>different substories
>no longer fixed camera angles
>new graphics
>new combat system based roughly on the old one, but closer to more recent entries in the series
>new voice acting
seems fairly comparable to me
?
ah yes, Majima Everywhere was a highlight of the original. No need to exaggerate their similarities
>>proceeds to shitpost about newcomers
I didn't shitpost at all. I disagreed with someone and replied to people who disagreed with me. That's the point of the board.
>>gets into fights with various anons
it's called discussion, I haven't insulted anyone or anything
>>derails thread
everyone who's replied to me is as much to blame as me
that's not me

>says he doesn't come into these threads anymore
Did you mean to reply to me?

>this isn't even an uncommon opinion
Hahahahahaha
Oh boy I love how you insert "despite the praise 0 gets" though, which effectively just means "if I play pretend that nobody else has ever said anything different"

>Oh boy I love how you insert "despite the praise 0 gets" though
It leads into what I said right after that, yes.

>>everyone who's replied to me is as much to blame as me
see

People do say that Kiryu's story should've ended at 5 all the time though, you can like the games (well in Yea Forums's case it's just "game" basically) after that and agree that they've milked this franchise for way too long to it's detriment

>seems fairly comparable to me
Only if you're a retard desperate for a point.

>I barely even go into them any more, as they always devolve into nonsense due to some shitposter
I really wish you had taken you down advice. This could've been a decent thread without you

>It's more of the same shit
Peak of the same shit more like.

>Like I said, the series should've just ended at 5
I actually agree with this, and Y0 should have been a spin-off like Judgement. But I would say Y0 is the best in the series. The combat was the most refined and polished it's been, legitimately decent story and the best collection of sub-stories and minigames in the series.

>but 0 was really top
It was sort of shit in that regard though, aside from Majima's hostess management all the new city content it added was not that fun (Kiryu's property management thing was straight up shit), all of it's best city content was just stuff that's in all the games anyway. Not trying to shit on 0 as a whole before 0fags go unga bunga apeshit on me, it's good overall and I'm just saying that for this one specific thing it wasn't the best in the series.

>that whole 80s setting would've benefited from being it's own IP
That doesn't even make sense. Do you even know how prequels work?
>this isn't even an uncommon opinion
Except it is.

I was talking about the story though and I found it top.

strange reliance on social proof. I was hardly going to have loads of people in a Yakuza thread agree with me about how I don't like Yakuza threads -- that post was about responses to genuine questions about mechanics, anyway, not about people here
I'm not surprised you disagree with me -- think you're being disingenuous to say the comparison is retard-level though
I doubt it. Most OPs for this game are phrased like bait -- I bet the "god-tier combat" autist has already latched onto it. You might need to wait for new gameplay footage (or even release day) before you can have legit threads, but even then there'll be plenty of people trying to stir the pot over the issue

You are beyond retarded.
Modern brawler was referring to gameplay, as in the last decade, the Yakuza series had pretty much been the only 3D brawler around. Back on the PS2, there were numerous, but now, it's just Yakuza representing and pushing this genre forward. It's not superficial like "it's just another turn based JRPG but now it's set in modern setting SO UNIQUE"

Attached: 0000007658.1920x1080.jpg (1280x960, 538K)

>That doesn't even make sense.
Yes it does? Are you telling me that they're not able to make a game set in 80s Japan without shoehorning Kiryu & and his supporting cast into it? It would've benefited from being it's own thing not tied to where those characters have to go and you know it.

>Except it is.
Others above are agreeing with me and the same thing gets repeated all the time but ok sweaty think what you want.

>It was sort of shit in that regard though
Is that why it's widely regarded as the best in that regard?
Sure it didn't reinvent the wheel, but it made it run better than ever before.
I don't know why people are still butthurt that the game thats not their favourite peaked the franchise.

> in that regard?
For what I was talking about it isn't regarded as the best in the series though, people like the story and some of the other stuff in it. Plenty of other games have better side-content than it did, like I said Majima's hostess management was the only standout new side game it added.
Not sure you're talking about the same thing I was talking about, which is fine since I misread what that user meant anyway it seems

>Yes it does? Are you telling me that they're not able to make a game set in 80s Japan without shoehorning Kiryu & and his supporting cast into it?
You're a retard mate. Try to enjoy life, but please stay away from discussions with actual adults.

>It would've benefited from being it's own thing not tied to where those characters have to go and you know it.
This used to be a common opinion but then the game got too popular and brought in a bunch of fans who refuse to admit that there's anything wrong with the game at all. The threads are somehow even more circlejerk-y than back when it was just the same five or six samefags saying the same shit every thread back before Yakuza 5 was released.

You're the one who replied to me and misread everything I said.

I mean a lot of the crazier 0fags who swear by this game alone and none of the other games in the franchise basically think the same thing technically.

>You are beyond retarded.
?
>makes a superficial point
>gets btfo
>proceeds to sperg out and insult the other because he can't take it
Taking the high road I see.
>pushing this genre forward
As opposed to musou games? Or any other third person button masher?
>turn based JRPG but now it's set in modern setting SO UNIQUE"
Uh... yea? Again, how many other modern day JRPGs do you know? And are you saying that FFX and Chrono Trigger are the same game? And we don't even know how the combat system will be in the full game anyway, so at least contain your autism until then before you make a fool out if yourself. Whoops, too late for that I guess...

its a banana

Attached: banana.png (817x619, 283K)

>how many other modern day JRPGs do you know?
Megaten

it's bread

>that whole 80s setting would've benefited from being it's own IP if anything like Judgement is instead of tying it to Kiryu & co
>why is this prequel about the game actually about the game??
You still don't know how prequels work.
A couple of anons saying something isn't a common opinion. Most people never wanted it to be it's own thing

why not use judgment to test this change?
why a main series title?

what kind of person just eats a loaf of bread though it makes no sense plus if you look closely some juice comes out of it after he bites why the fuck do people think its bread its so fucking obvious its a banana im losing my mind

>game about elves and demons
>set in an apocalyptic world
>modern day
Nice try though. Only completely misrepresting the original point of a modern day setting without fantasy stuff

>I doubt it.
He's got a point. Before you came, it was on topic. After you it was the usual x Yakuza is better than y Yakuza nonsense.

I'm not saying it's your fault but your post certainly triggered it. After all, it wasn't on topic and talked about meta.

>musou (a genre)
>button masher (not a genre)
>same as a brawler (a completely different genre)
literal brainlet

Never mentioned anything about fantasy and not even him. All megaten games take place in the current era with a focus on modern day Japan

This constant fighting is why normies laughed at the Yakuza franchise for years.

I don't even give a shit what they do with the new game. I don't wanna play a game that associates me with you lot.

>press square square square triangle in all these games
>win
>tries to say they're different

The only thing i'm hyped about that we know about is the new open world and it not being set in kamurocho again

And pushing X wins in every turn based game.

I fully admit this subconversation derailed the thread, but I was originally responding to a post that was already complaining about the state of Yakuza threads, so I won't cop full responsibility for starting it. Plus, I was happy to leave well enough alone if nobody replied (which is what I was expecting), but everybody fell into the same autism trap that I did -- not being able to ignore a post you strongly disagree with
people have stopped replying now, so I'm not gonna bother the thread any more anyway
Yokohama does look pretty sexy; wonder if it'll get iterated on as much as Kamurocho

>Never mentioned anything about fantasy
No but I did specify what I meant with modern before: Megaten games are fantasy games.

>use trigger
>win
Whoah, shooter confirmed to be the same as Dark Souls confirmed to be the same as a racing game confirmed to be the same as a flight sim.

That was the initial point: it's the same.
Glad you finally caught up.

Are you trying to look like an idiot? Because it works.

>18 posters
>102 replies
are you people perchance retarded?

Attached: 1549436560999.jpg (636x602, 22K)

This
>108 posts
>18 iOS
Yakuza threads are cancer and always have been

Unlike your brain.

its a well known fact that 90% of yakuza fans have unironic autism

So, I think I got spoiled for Judgement.

Is it true that the "killer/culprit" is the detective/main character?

If it is true, is the story still good enough to experience knowing that?

Redpill me on emulating Yakuza 2, in what aspects is it better than Kiwami?

Attached: 1550605313572.png (720x692, 343K)

Nope. That's a fake spoiler.

It's a twinkie

Yes I New turn based game with modern day advancements in graphics this like a sr dream

Evearything

Everything except visuals (well apart from the lack of green filter)

After testing it in increments of literally 1 pixel at a time I finally hit a hard wall in form of 978x978, any resolution HIGHER than this causes misaligned lighting. Here's settings you want to have perfect lighting that isn't misaligned in any way, the catch is that you're locked to 978x978 internal resolution (that's then properly scaled to your set aspect ratio) but that's still substantially higher than the game's native res so it's a good compromise.

Attached: 1.png (1920x1080, 1.7M)

Yes it is bad, none of you fags defended FFXV switching from turn based and everyone was scared that 7R would not have any turn based aspect too, stop pretending you embrace this shit when you don't.
Pic related is that OP and this entire thread.

Attached: dis gon b gud.jpg (200x200, 7K)

Maybe when you fags start sourcing that shit as well as
>they said they are going back if the fans don't like the switch

It'll suck, I hope everyone involved with it dies in a car crash. Fuck you.

>Is it true that the "killer/culprit" is the detective/main character?
If you actually want the truth, _no.
>is the story still good enough to experience knowing that?
Even if you know who the killer is there's still so many aspects you don't know, in particular the motive, you don't know anything that sets up or even ties to the killer, you don't know anything about that person, etc. It's like knowing Adachi is the killer in P4. Yeah, you know a major spoiler, but that's one part of a whole game. You basically know a single reveal.

Different major minigames (Though the Marietta is a pain at times even though it feels great seeing it surviving in every game after thanks to you), Shinseicho is pretty neat looking, you'll have Kawara and the one Omi guy looking different, different music plays at several portions, Jo Amon's fight is completely different and takes place in a different area, obviously the gameplay will be different, and there's missables.

You, I meant to tell you thank you in a previous thread. I forgot to save your picture when you first did it and was looking all over and couldn't find it so I kept having to use the old crappy settings when people asked.

Attached: Shinseicho.jpg (640x480, 118K)

Because 1 doesn't have that cancerous Majima Everywhere dogshit.

Can't be more boring that it already is. And turn BASED only means it will be kino.

I stopped buying Yakuza games after Kiwami 1. I got to play Yak6 demo later on, which looked gorgeous but the performance on PS4 absolutely killed any interest I might have had. I wasn't really feeling the combat at the time either.
Fast forward until now, I pirated Kiwami 2 on PC out of curiosity, and I'm in love again. The combat is so incredibly janky and sluggish but somehow really satisfying. I played up until the first Ryuji boss fight and I'm sold. I felt like I was playing against an equal who worked by the same rules and had a similar moveset as the playable character. Not even DMC5 made me feel that way with Vergil.

On top of that, I've truly realized how seamless and natural transitions feel on these installments on the Dragon Engine (also due to playing it on PC with good performance). It never takes you out of the experience with a battle transition or rarely with a loading screen.There are random encounters that literally last for 1 minute or so and then you go about your way nonchalantly after beating the shit out of some punks on the street.
I now feel doubly disappointed with the announcement of turn-based combat, because I don't think it will be able to replicate this very specific feel, where you have to wait your turn, animations are much slower, and attacks can't be directed to catch multiple opponents at once and watch unexpected things happen with the physics.

I just hope the new game fails, simple as that, so that the devs can continue building off of what they had in Yak6 and K2.

Attached: 41564541.jpg (650x362, 56K)

nothing exciting about sitting around waiting for shit to happen

>but the turn based mechanic has me legitimately hyped this time.

It's having the opposite effect on me. I loved Yakuza 1-6 because of the real time action beatemup style. I don't mind buying them day 1 for 60 bucks. But I ain't touching 7 until it's i the bargain bin for 20 or less. Fuck turn based bullshit.

Attached: YAKUZA KIWAMI 2_20180901142221.jpg (3840x2160, 1.09M)

If you don't gtfo of this thread and buy Judgement, I'm gonna spoil who the killer is for you.

Attached: Judgment_20190629093851.jpg (3840x2160, 541K)

I wonder who will be the MC for the yakuza game after 7. I think Akiyama with multiple styles and more acrobatic moves like Yagami would be really fun. Maybe even 4 characters again, so also Majima, Saejima and a new guy.

Idk if I could even be bothered to pirate it.

>I felt like I was playing against an equal who worked by the same rules and had a similar moveset as the playable character.
Play Judgment, it really does that feeling really well late into the game. Amon tries to do something like it in several games but this scenario in particular is pretty great.

I'll keep an eye out for it. At this point, I rather wait for most games to come to PC.

Wait what the actual fuck turn-based combat? Why? Actually fucking why who asked for this?

nobody lol
fuck me they could have called it anything other than 7 and it wouldnt be nearly as bad since it seems like a contained story too

Lol no fuck this honestly, I was really looking forward to 7 before this actually ruined my day and excitement

WHAT IS WRONG WITH THESE SLANT EYED BUG FUCKS! WHO WANTS TURNED BASED DODO? NO ONE!

Attached: REE (Angry Pepe).gif (220x219, 38K)

>Yakuza 7
>hype
This does not add up.

pushsquare.com/news/2019/08/judgment_sequel_on_the_cards_as_sales_expectations_in_the_west_are_surpassed

I've been posting it in every thread