Well Yea Forums? Which one is better?

Both are 39.99 on PSN right now. What is Yea Forums‘s verdict?

Attached: F850ED51-C3E0-4DB2-AA05-6A5DFEF415B9.jpg (767x767, 366K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JilCqDzyy8s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

RDR2 is significantly better. GoW was fun but it's more of a movie than a game and much less content.

verdict is that both are cheaper in stores than digital shit

do you reeeeaaaalllly like cowboys? if yes,
rdr2 is for you. if not or oyu only have a minor interest, then buy god of war. both fun games, but the better game depends on how much you love westerns.

Gameplay is better?
Where is it cheaper in store?

God of War is the better videogame. It won GOTY for a reason. There is FAAAAR more walking / riding simulation and boring cinematic shit in RDR2, so don't even go acting like GOW is some walking-sim movie game in comparison.

Payola?

>physical media

Gameplay is better in RDR as well. GoW is so limited with a fixed camera to again simulate a movie.

GoW is better because it's Sony exclusive

both are cinematic theme park action garbage

woah contradicting information lads, looks like we need input from others anons

What the hell happened to this board? just five years ago or so, people who only went digital were the ones ridiculed for it.

What do you like better, Norse mythology or westerns? Both games are good

God of War was way more fun

yeah, one game you just keep walking straight. the other game you go wherever you want. rdr2 is better

Really depends of what pace of game you like, RDR 2 is WAY TOO SLOW, if you can endure that and you like the cowboy setting, then it's for you
God of War is more action packed and if you like more mythology, then go with this one

both are good for different reasons. GoW is more linear and action focused, RDR2 is slow but it gives you more freedom also it's way longer.

Never spend more than 20 bucks on a video game.

RDR has essentially unlimited hours of doing whatever you want on top of the story that is very long. You can craft new materials, weapons, and upgrades, collect new horses for different mission types, fish, hunt, play minigames for money, get into meaningless shootouts, rob trains, etc. The list goes on.

GoW is a good game but there is significantly less content. You can choose between the story and collectibles and that's about it. There isn't much to do aside from kill ravens after the story is done.

But what do you want from the game? Big epic battles with supernatural elements and gods? Cause then the choice is clear. Or if you want a game that is objectively longer and with more interesting and varied content you go the other route.

Coming to Yea Forums looking for recommendations is a terrible idea. Yea Forums hates everything successful.

Anyway, I think GoW is an overall BETTER experience but it may feel somewhat short (even though from start to beating the last secret boss is probably 45 hours). Get that first, and RDR2 when you have budget again.

Well atleast reccomend me a better game
I enjoy westerns and mythology equally

I never had any issues with the camera. It zooms out a lot once you start swinging too.
A lot of the strategy of the game involves managing your positioning relative to walls / ledges and keeping track of enemies that slip behind you. Git gud

Attached: back attacks.webm (640x360, 2.98M)

GoW is game of the year and Yea Forums is still seething. That's how you know it's a great game.

Attached: GoWKinoAF.webm (960x540, 2.94M)

I liked RDR2 more, because it had a lot of down time where I can relax and hunt/fish. You don't have to do stuff like this if you want to just run through the story, but my favorite part of the game was the side activities and exploration. GoW is good too, but more linear with less things to do besides the story.

Didn't say it was an issue gameplay wise, just said that it was set up to further the push to make the game as cinematic as possible. Like the Last of Us and other movie games which are barely video games at all.

God of War, RDR controls like shit and has the worst pacing.

Which isn't inherently bad. I'd say GoW is the first game to get "cinematic approach while still having good gameplay" right in a very long time.

>What is Yea Forums‘s verdict?
We have daily GoW threads. No fucking one remembers RDR.

Attached: GoWBreathtakingMoment.webm (670x314, 2.51M)

Dumbing down games so they're more like movies than games is a bad thing, yes.

Which GoW didn't do where it mattered.

I own both. They're both boring as fuck. But I actually stuck with RDR2 and finished it whereas I put maybe 3 hours into GOW before getting bored with paddling a boat.

yakuza 6/kiwami 2

both available on ps4

>just five years ago
Yikes. You're really stupid. You don't earn good money, do you? You're really poor and worthless, huh?

>Like the Last of Us and other movie games which are barely video games at all.
You sound like you genuinely believe this. I hope you didn't actually fall for the Yea Forums bullshit about TLOU barely being a game. It's all just hyperbolic nonsense based on how the game gets overly-praised for its movie-like presentation. The formula is just exploration-combat-repeat, with cutscenes breaking up the areas. TLOU's combat / stealth system is fleshed out enough to have decent competitive team-based multiplayer modes for fucks sake.

True movie-games don't even have combat, like Until Dawn and Detroit.

GoW, no contest. RDR2 is still worth getting tho.

Are you serious? RDR2 is the definition of a movie game. Your horse even fucking automatically runs for you. At least GoW has actual gameplay

>RDR2
Best open world game ever and best protag to go along. Gun fights get boring though and it's quite repetitive in mission design
>GoW
Souls lite semi open world, combat starts boring but gets better as you get better, but repeated enemies gets boring fast, fantastic final valkyrie boss fight though

>where it mattered

That's a cute way of using your opinion to qualify something.

Guess you haven't seen more than the first 20 minutes of the game then

>It won GOTY for a reason
the reason being that Sony paid big bucks

Attached: 1559578659626.png (120x120, 25K)

RDR2 is like the first open-world movie game. A lot of the way you interact with the world is like how you would do it in Bully, including dialog and melee combat.

I really liked both but overall had a better time with GOW, certain elements in RDR2 pissed me off to no end. I recommend you get caught up on the lore of whichever one you buy tho especially GOW.

Whatever makes you feel better. TLOU was barely a game in every possible sense.

You do know that it was likely to crash or get you shot on the road if you just left it, right?

owning the games u buy is preferred

>RDR2 is significantly better. GoW was fun but it's more of a movie than a game and much less content.
The irony of this post is ridiculous. You RDR2fags have absolutely no self awareness about how cinematic and scripted RDR2 actually feels.

Honestly though I feel sorry for Sony cucks, their platform has NOTHING except Bloodborne and some movies like God of Bore, Unfarted and Boreizon. All the same western boring crap with realistic graphical styles meanwhile us Switch chads have actual GAMES with actual variety like Mario Odyssey. Mario Kart, Mario Party, Mario Brothers, Mario Maker, Mario and Rabbids, Mario Tennis, Mario and Sonic at the Olympics and Super Smash Bros. Meanwhile Sony cucks are looking forward to YET ANOTHER Last of Us game and some Assassins Creed rip off, Ghost of something. It doesn't even matter, it blends into the pile of realistic graphical styled games that no real gamers will ever care about.

>tfw can't buy MGS2 anymore without owning a last gen console

Play through it twice. Thanks for coming out

>caught up on the lore
Necessary for GoW, not so much for RDR2. I still haven't played RDR1, only thing I know about it is John Marston is the protag and you hunt down the remnants of Dutch's gang, but I don't feel like I'm missing any information for RDR2. That's the beauty of prequels.

>RDR2
>best open world game of all time

Kek play more vidya first

Then you must have had it on the easiest difficulty setting like a baby girl because that's when the game feels like a movie; when you don't need to use any brainpower to advance.

It absolutely had scripted elements but it is nowhere near GoW. Have you even played these games?

I think you got it backwards lmao

RDR2 for the story/environment, GOW for the action.
The open world in GOW is ham-fisted, though. Also keep in mind GOW has been censored heavily compared to its predecessors.

Rdr2 is better for the price, but GoW is still a better game just not worth that much

Eh true i guess but you miss out on tidbits here and there that make the experience better

Yes, moron. Pretty much every mission in RDR2 feels like you're being led along in a movie. GoW ALSO has that feeling but at least it has some decent gameplay to go with it. RDR2's gameplay feels more scripted and shitty to play at the same time

Seriously, criticizing GoW for being scripted or cinematic while defending RDR2 makes you sound like a complete fucking moron

Censored? That is so much the wrong word. It's just not as raunchy to begin with. There was no place for it; there's a fucking 12 year old kid who follows you around ffs. This is the first GoW to drop f-bombs everywhere if I remember correctly though.

>dragon engine
cringe

How is it ham fisted? You row around, do some side quests and hear interesting stories

If you want content then RDR2 has far more than gow. I felt like God of War has enough, but both drag on a little too much for my liking. Overall they're very different though, god of war is a proper action game with just too little enemy / weapon variety to last for the full duration, while RDR2 is a tps with just too many "shoot 50 billion enemies" missions. Neither story was really gripping, but RDR2 had a few moments where shit went down.

Rowing around and listening to stories is top tier comfy

Going to get both of them, I just want to play the better one first, lots of mixed opinions on here it is still up in the air as to which one i play.
Yeah i guess that user earlier was right, looked them up and they are both $10 cheaper in walmart/gamestop. Why the fuck is Sony trying to rape me on premiums? Is there any reason not to just buy the cheaper disk version? I don’t understand why its +$10 over all the instores
Got any lore links? Last GoW i played was on ps2 dont even remember what title
Whats the best open world?

I’d like to thank everyone posting ITT, helping me get a better understanding of these games.

TLOU is shit though

He just wants to see old man kratos bang some chicks.

youtube.com/watch?v=JilCqDzyy8s

>Whats the best open world?
It's RDR2 to be honest

I don't think you know what censored means.

Attached: DisfiguredLightAndeancondor-size_restricted.gif (445x250, 1.69M)

Kratos gets angry and kills all the gods is all you need to know about the lore, also zeus is his father

Best open world I've played so far was witcher 3, judging based on side quests, characters and choices. RDR2 had amazing environments that could either contend with the witcher but it's out class in the former respects

The God of War series, besides its great review scores, was among the most attacked franchises during gamergate due to its violence against women and sexual content. The new game doesn't even dare to portray a feminine body.

That is not all he needs to know. Watch the video I linked. Better yet, play the original trilogy before GoW4. The side titles don't matter.

Literally just search god of war lore on youtube and click anything that isn't norse mythology

this is bait. rdr2 is a slow, immersive experience. gow is a decent action game not made by japanese

Oh, c'mon. That's hardly censorship. I love waifu games as much as anyone but you're being dramatic.

GOW's open world reminds me very much of Tomb Raider 2013. It's just not needed at all. The rowing parts you mentioned could be implemented as linear parts in the game too and still feel comfy.

You do realize this is Norse lore and they explained in the game why they're aren't any other humans. Obviously the women are gonna be clothed more heavily since colder climate

I think you're literally the only person that played the game with this shit opinion.

Depends. If you want a focused cinematic melee action game in a norse fantasy world with decent exploration and some side stuff to do, pick God of War.

If you want an entire fucking simulation of the American Old West with near complete freedom, hundreds of hours of potential gameplay and one of the greatest game stories ever told, with one of the greatest protagonists, then pick RDR2

>RDR2
>gameplay

lmao
this board's blind hate for Sony has gone so far you pretend RDR2 isn't the most cinematic moviegame of the generation

for a memorable once in a lifetime experience: GoW

for a fun game to just fuck around and have a good time: RDR2

Attached: 244BFA0C-F1B4-4DFD-8601-D43C7B5038E0.jpg (294x294, 31K)

I'm sure you never played any God of War game before this one.

Own both, they're both shitty movie games and desu they're both worth it at a discount.

I'd say RDR has at least more content because of multiplayer. And desu I couldn't see myself replaying GoW only because of hour linear and handholdy the 1st half of the game is and might be engaging a 1st time but not the second. It does have N+ tho.

I thought they were both massively overrated, but RDR2 was better

I've played them all expect for one psp game. Why was it unneeded? Almost every facet of it was implemented well and explained. It was more of a hub world anyway

okay so you just hate it and think it shouldn't have been there because the old games didn't have it, not because there was anything actually wrong with it. Gotcha

God of War
RDR2 is slow and boring as fuck.

>RDR2
>One of the greatest game stories ever told

Jesus christ.....

>If you want an entire fucking simulation of the American Old West with near complete freedom, hundreds of hours of potential gameplay and one of the greatest game stories ever told, with one of the greatest protagonists, then pick RDR2
There is no way this post is not written by a shill.

>TLOU was barely a game in every possible sense.
I already told you how it was a game though. You have any arguments are you just going to repeat yourself?

It objectively is, unless you can list every video game story ever made and show that RDR2 isn't in the top 10% of them.

My thoughts exactly

>he uses "objectively"
:^/

remember when video games had gameplay

Both of these games do. Stop.

>is right
>gets mocked for being right

lol you sad fucker

>muh objectivity

No. Especially not after Guarma and how rushed chapter 6 was

No, nu-GOW is a brilliant game. If you want to have fun after work hacking and slashing enemies it's more recommendable than RDR with its slow pace and sometimes boring dialogue.
I just think the open world is not needed. It's implemented so artificially because every other game has open world now too. Basically you find regions with enemies that are far above your current level and you have to return later once you upgraded. Compare it to RDR2's open world where you can experience everything from the beginning.

calling this cinematic garbage "gameplay"
pure cope

I really don't know how you can say it was implemented artificial, it legit had a good explanation in terms of the world tree and midgard serpent. It also had some fun side quests and areas fleshing out the lore.

Only played RDR2. And i say get anything but that. RDR2 is an incredibly obnoxious game. If you hate overly linear, scripted, movie games with shallow gameplay and endless instances of slow walking like me you are not going to enjoy a second of RDR2.

Keep telling yourself that, RDR2 has tons of content and isn't a linear corridor shooter so it's not a movie game

It's an open world game lol

>tfw no one quotes your epic falseflag webms
FUCK THIS STUPID BOARD

>RDR2's open world where you can experience everything from the beginning.
Wrong

>isn't a linear corridor shooter
The missions are. There's no reason for it to be open world, just a glorified 10 minute horse autorunning load screen while waiting for the next linear cinematic cover shooting mission

I'm talking about the missions retard

Blackwater and New Austin are not accessible in the beginning, alright. But aside from that you have the feeling of being free to do whatever you want elsewhere.

GoW will get you 20-40 hours
RDR2 will get you 50 hours minimum

RDR2 is the better game regardless, also runs better while looking better

the world tree is just an excuse for a loading screen and the midgard serpent only plays a role in two sections of the game. I spent some time grinding in Niflheim and Muspelheim for better armour but did you ever return to Helheim or Alfheim? What for? They are artificial open world.

The biggest shit ever made.
gow is better

Attached: red2 BUILD A HOUSE.webm (1280x720, 2.24M)

>Whats the best open world?
rdr2, followed by botw

Yea Forums has a massive hate boner for all tings sony ( and iu dont blame them considering how hard their games get dick ridded). i just recently finished tlou a few days ago. the game was far better than Yea Forums made it out to be, but not as great as reddit made it out the either. it was a fun game and worth my time. point is Yea Forums is full of retards whose opinions typically have no value

>not having both
poorfag

Some of the missions are and there's a whole game around the missions too ;)

Not really especially considering Dutch drags you back to camp if you've been gone for a while initially. Still can't access all the missions or gameplay content like weapons

RDR2's gameplay is objectively dogshit.

>considering Dutch drags you back to camp if you've been gone for a while initially.
I didn't know that. How long do you have to be gone? I went on hunting trips in Ch2 for like weeks in-game without returning, and it never happened to me

SO MUCH GAMEPLAY HOLY SHIT THIS IS SO MUCH BETTER THAN MOVIE OF WAR

Attached: 1525384065550.png (644x800, 15K)

neither is worth more than 20 bucks

But the weird thing is they praise absolute shit like Persia which is just a fucking visual novel.

I just played GOW, and I loved the game, for me the biggest hits of the game were how they made Kratos evolve, the brilliant atmosphere of Nordic Mythology (just like they did with Greek), and Gameplay worthy of the God Of War Series, but I see certain mistakes and things that could be much better better.
Take for example the "open world", after finishing the story you spend most of your time farming in Nilfheim or Mulspelheim, the bad guys are badly developed, the Black Elf King? there's nothing, Magni and Modi have a great boss fight, but not funny either, the only good thing is Balduir (but not excelent either), the game spends a lot more time talking about Thor and Odin, the stories Mimir tells show that they seem to be great characters, and you can get the Platinum playing at easy, this is absurd, remember what it was like to get platinum in GOW 3 (had to kill those Cerberos with those 2 motherfucker satyrs, and kill Zeus in Hard)
Plus: Could Have More Enemy Types

Attached: FUCK.jpg (1280x720, 135K)

>slides in like fucking steven seagal

Attached: keksmk.gif (352x199, 2.87M)

The Rockstar Fanboy Checklist:
>zoomer
>go back to Fortnite
>you have ADD/ADHD
>short attention span
>impatient
>contrarian
>I never had a problem/it's on you
>graphics>gameplay
>Rockstar sold x amount of copies
>your opinion doesn't matter
>the horses are better than RDR1
>the controls are better than RDR1
>claims Never Without One is a crutch, but doesn't want ability cards removed
>online review scores
>hypocritically calls God of War a movie game
>thinks RDR2 is an Xbox exclusive
>nobody complains about x
>it's only the beta (past catchphrase)
>lol cope
>seething
>nitpicking
>angry PC gamer
>nintendie
>Reddit Spacing
>muh realism
>muh immersion
>it's a single player game
>nobody cares about the online
>it's not a twitch shooter
>input delay is a good thing
>name a better game
>what games do you play
>10/10
>masterpiece
>regurgitated Dutch memes
And their personal favorite:
>you didn't play the game
If you think you're arguing with a fanboy, simply resort to this checklist, call him a fanboy, then ignore him. Watch him cower and recoil as he's been found out.

>We have daily GoW threads
>GoWBreathtakingMoment

Attached: kkgs.gif (245x200, 497K)

God of War is an exclusive and it still beat RDR2. LMAO

I really didn't mean in the literal sense, i meant it made sense in terms of accessing the worlds and the serpent giving rise to other areas in the hub area. I platinumed the game tho so i had plenty reason, plus those areas served their purpose

RDR2 if you're the type of man with a plan.

Attached: 1566080046811.jpg (712x888, 126K)

Both are shit. Get Ace Combat 7.

I've only had him send people to check on me and give me the option of returning

You don't have to do anything in the open world to progress with the game. You can finish it with your starting horse and weapons. It's an illusion. Not to mention the shitty controls that ruin the experience anyway.

Kratos is going to become Tyr in the next instalment. The mural at the end shows him with only one arm and Tyr in mythology loses his arm to the Fenris wolf. As Tyr Kratos will visit ancient Egypt and Japan.

GOW was much better in my opinion. I regretted playing RDR2 instead of just watching it on youtube,

I took it as just a side profile but maybe you're right

why do does the fighting in every rockstar game suck

Lack of enemy types is objectively GOW's biggest flaw and no one denies it. It's as bad of a case as it was in RE7 (for the type of game GOW is). IIRC Barlog said that when writing this game, there was a point where they all agreed it was getting too big in scale too fast and they decided to make it as a trilogy. I guess they thought for this first foundational game it would be okay to have a minimal amount of enemies, bosses, weapons and everything like that so they could work more on refining what they did have, with much more room to expand in the sequels.
And it seems to have worked; reviewers and users were woo'd enough just by what they got that it still won GOTY and has over 9.0 user and critic rating on MC

>MFW I was scared as fuck after Assault Horizon, but it restored my faith

Attached: Yellow 13.jpg (1198x1600, 182K)

The only objectively correct answer, God of war was good shit, read dead was longer. Honestly had more of a good time with God of war, but had longer fun with read dead.

Keep in mind that throughout the game Tyr is shown as a wise and just god of war. That's exactly what they are aiming for in nu-GOW. He will be travelling realms and be good guy Kratos.

I went into God of War expecting to dislike it as I played it about 8 months after release and it looked shit from the videos I watched and all the shit talk Yea Forums give it. But I honestly loved it and even did optional stuff which I rarely do in games.

You mean like Tyr was just Kratos back in time and they are really the same person, or are that they are two separate gods and they will merge together or something? Also Tyr is dead but there's the whole time travel thing

Yeah I think it will be time travel retcon. Tyr always has been Kratos and vice versa. Time travel is needed anyway, because the Midgard serpent actually is Loki's child in mythology..

def backwards bud

this whole scene is the most wholesome shit ever, get the fuck out of this thread you lil bitch

WHERE IS OP'S FAITH user

None but if you are retarded enough to consider buying crap just buy both and get deprived of 80 bucks since you deserve to be poorer.

>push x to tedium

Get a good game instead

OP here, just pulled the trigger on GoW since it is shorter, will get RD next

enjoy friend, i had a blast on hardmode

Bought GoW after it won goty to see what the hype was, it was a big let down and even though I got it half price I still felt ripped off. Story was just not interesting at all, the little kid is annoying as fuck, Kratos was okay, the combat's hardest enemy is the camera system, the combat is extremely limiting until later in the game once you unlock the blades and more runic attacks, the tacked on rpg system makes exploration harder as when your arbitrary number isn't high enough you will get one hit regardless of difficulty selection, the only interesting side content fights, valkyries, are okay but still annoying to fight, extremely bad lack of enemy variety for a AAA game that focuses on combat, terrible 'puzzle' design that is 'put stone on pedestal', often with large sections of walking in between (can't run while carrying them) or telling the kid to drop ladder.

My only gripe with rdr2 is the controls are shit and it's not on PC. Other than that it's the much better game between the two.

Most overrated games of 2018
Pick your poison

I'll say RDR2 since I finished that and didn't finish God of War

>this unit will one hit if you if you do not cheese it with two possible abilities, heavy axe slam or throwing the axe
It was at this point I realized exploration was going to be artificially locked behind the RPG system and that almost any solo battle could be beaten with very little thought or input.

GoW was easily paced way better and had way more fun combat. They are kind of even to me.
Yea Forums shits on Sony games tho.

RDR2 is manchild filter
GoW is basedkino

gravity rush 2

The sarcasm in this pasta is way too overdone to get (You)'s.

>how rushed chapter 6 was
Chapter 6 has the most missions out of any chapter and is generally the longest chapter to get through? If any chapter was rushed it was definitely 4.

as an owner of both, RDR2 is miles better in every way imaginable. it has an actual open world, loads and loads of side quest and interactions, cool challenges like the hunting challenges and gunslinger challenges and a pretty good main story.
GoW is extremely linear, the story is one dimensional as fuck, there aren't even any side storylines from what i remember unless i completely missed them, the world is claustrophobic and corridor tier made to look like it's semi open world.

both are very cinematic and storytelling focused generally and god of war would be a short movie but RDR2 would be a recurring tv series as it simply has way more content and a deeper story with way more character interaction.

Play it on the second hardest difficulty

Nah the story definitely felt rushed especially revolving around the camp, arthur greets micahs buds like the game introduced earlier when it didn't, stuff like grimshaws death and all the chicks up and leaving without even a cutscene. All i can remember for now

I imagine most of the people who didn't enjoy GOWs campaign didn't play or even look into the previous games which would obviously stunt their enjoyment

Mangoes,Maidens,Paradise......

RDR2 has it all

God of Snoy is hella f***in' epic my dude

Attached: GOW madness.webm (960x540, 2.99M)

Red Dead 2 is clearly better than God of War