When is Nintendo going to release the Switch's PS4 Pro/Xbox One X? Anything below 1080p really isn't acceptable anymore

When is Nintendo going to release the Switch's PS4 Pro/Xbox One X? Anything below 1080p really isn't acceptable anymore.

Attached: Nintendo Switch +.png (2100x1500, 1.83M)

Other urls found in this thread:

anandtech.com/show/12598/nvidia-arm-soc-roadmap-updated-after-xavier-comes-orin
trustedreviews.com/news/nintendo-switch-hardware-update-processors-8gb-ram-3430523
google.com/amp/s/nintendosoup.com/rumor-datamined-info-suggests-enhanced-switch-version-supports-8gb-ram-more-internal-storage/amp/
google.com/amp/s/www.valuewalk.com/2018/03/nintendo-switch-hardware-update/amp/
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Eyf0GyyOP4j6rMvuZUbCAG42LE_iGzj0COLLptui_Dg/edit#gid=2009072617
finder.com/complete-list-playstation-4-install-sizes-460-titles
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_Switch
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Read-only_memory
nintendoeverything.com/nintendo-to-release-switch-lite-snap-on-case-with-flip-cover-in-japan/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

lol

it's a handheld man, it needs to compromise power with battery life and batteries haven't advanced anywhere near as fast as graphics hardware and screens.

>gets hot enough to grill burgers
>10 minute battery life

if you want a bigger screen then play on tv fuckhead

Retard

You guys realize that the only stat there higher than a new Samsung or Apple phone is the battery, right?
The Nintendo Switch uses seven year old hardware.

The New switch performs the same at half the power draw, there's no excuse not to release a version of this switch with the original draw intact so we can see better performance

>amoled on a gaming device with static buds
>1440p when most games aren't even designed to go over 1080p
>those dumbass "I don't know tech" mini bezels concept "artists" tend to put everywhere

cringe

>IT'S CURRENT YEARS
>MY CORPORATE OVERLORDS DECIDED WHAT I LIKE

>1440p when most games aren't even designed to go over 1080p
Yeah, because the hardware can't handle it. So a system with better hardware would output at higher resolutions

Attached: 1511794716966.png (720x672, 401K)

I have a 4k rig and you're retarded

Don't try to reason with these people, trust me. They don't know what phones are and think the Nintendo Switch is a product of magic engineering

it wouldn't be feasible to create a pro switch with those specs at that pricepoint right now, taking into consideration the size of the system.

>durr make a mid gen refresh
absolutely retarded
when next gen rolls around they should just drop the switch and create something entirely new. Just make a box with some good games and it'll sell

And those phones cost well over $1000, moron.

And you're too stupid to understand how they achieved this reduced draw, hurp.

Tegra x1 came out in 2015 so that is four years. But still kek

But not higher than the phones from a couple years ago that go for $400 or less now

cause that worked so well with the PS4pro, right?

Why? 1080 is already more than fine. Why waate power on garbage like higher resolution and AA? Fucking why?

So still more than the Switch. Genius.

But user, Nintendo should lose money, 250 to 300 dollars per unit, in the first 4 years and then start making money in the Switch's 5th year. Like other companies.

Literally nothing wrong with a mid gen refresh
Also Nintrendo isn't dropping the Switch. They're never going to make another game box, their shareholders would vote out any CEO that recommends they make anything besides handhelds since their consoles only sell worse over time (Except the Wii)

Attached: Nintendo Switch Sales over Time.png (2000x4000, 356K)

...Which is why the image has a price higher than the Switch. Are you just arguing to argue?

Graphics are for fags

>Literally nothing wrong with a mid gen refresh
Fuck off

>Anything below 1080p really isn't acceptable anymore.

...Why?

>600$
Wait a minute... That price...

Attached: 1567128232630.png (364x287, 118K)

Get a job

Attached: skeleton_smirk.jpg (411x346, 24K)

I do

I hope soon. But let's be real here
>1440p screen
No way it will be higher then 1080. Most games struggle with 1080p even docked. Switch doesn't even have higher than 1080p output docked
>600 bucks
Too high. I don't see any more then 400

You do realize that the newest phone would literally melt in your hand if it had to process games like the Switch does?

>Muh Graphics

Stop being a tool

Prove it

>1440p
LOL
At BEST you'll get something that has TV-mode graphics in handheld mode

Portable mode is more popular and the jump from 720p to 1080p on a portable would be nearly unnoticeable. The only benefit of going past 720p in portable would be making the system viable as an actual vr device. But, getting it to that point won't happen until the Switch 2 Pro at earliest.
As for docked, uniform 1080/60 would be nice and I expect that it will be the sales pitch and coincide with the release of Zelda Switch.

>the jump from 720p to 1080p on a portable would be nearly unnoticeable.
Probably why they opted to increase battery life rather than run in de facto tv mode, when they could have

I really doubt Switch will get a mid-gen rehash

>1440 in handheld
>$600
This is why you retards don't make console.

Just make one with a bigger screen by shrinking the bezels and I’ll buy it day one.

I could if there were any graphically demanding phonegames, or at least as demanding as the Nintendo-developed games.

Their consoles don't sell well because they made stupid ass decisions post N64

If they do that it would be a dock with stronger hardware in it so you can play your games docked in better condition.
The battery wouldn't last in portable modde

Attached: 6ee288993905da2c368e22fac12da0bc77023fb4fa09f1ca4d3f56e049acf16e.jpg (845x1200, 1.07M)

I know you are being sarcastic but Nintendo have gone on record saying they will never sell their hardware at a loss.

Attached: BD39AAE0-2209-46A0-8834-D253E6FD9C32.jpg (625x455, 72K)

>$600 for a console
I don't even spend more than $300 for a phone.

You, enough to click on this thread on make a worthless post in it

>When is Nintendo going to release the Switch's PS4 Pro/Xbox One X? Anything below 1080p really isn't acceptable anymore.
Switch is garbage but so are Snoystation and Xshit.

Anything below 1440p / 60-120fps in 2019 is a joke.

Attached: 15666238392120.jpg (1920x1080, 492K)

>Why? 1080 is already more than fine. Why waate power on garbage like higher resolution and AA? Fucking why?

You fucking retard, my god.

Lmao.

Has Nintendo ever made a high end device like this retard wishes they would?

Why would you put a 1440p screen on a device that can't run games in 1440p?

>state facts
>"uhhhh yur dum XD"
You must have been staring at a mirror while you replied.

But you still play their games esteban

N64

TV clocks in handheld mode should be enough
also have the controllers not be drifting piles of shit

You guys realize there are diminishing returns to resolution right? There is no reason whatsoever a small screen like the switch needs higher than 1080p. What switch games need are higher draw distance and better AA.

>You guys realize there are diminishing returns to resolution right? There is no reason whatsoever a small screen like the switch needs higher than 1080p. What switch games need are higher draw distance and better AA.

Attached: BAE4C650-274B-4E59-8ED7-E80790E4FFF4.png (500x676, 86K)

1080p looks good on a TV which is like 15x bigger than the switch screen. You do hold the switch closer than you sit from a TV obviously but it's not enough to overcome the massive gap in size.

SD IS JUST FINE! WHY WASTE POWER ON GARBAGE LIKE 720P OR 1080P AND AA?????!?!?!?!? FUCKIGN WHY?

is this why Nintendo has been behind a gen since the wii?

I'm not going to claim Nintendo would be able to do it now, but their previous handheld gameplan:
GBA, GBA SP, GBA Micro + GBA SP2
DS, DS Lite, DSi, DSi XL
3DS, 3DS XL, 2DS, New 3DS, New 2DS

Does seem to indicate that we'll see more members of the Switch family of devices after the Switch Lite. It will probably be another few years before we see a more powerful Switch, and we'll probably see another even more affordable model before then unless they can bring the Lite's price tag down to $150. Expect more silent upgrades for the current Switch that increase battery life but don't really touch performance.
My expectation would be that we won't see a higher-end Switch Pro until Nintendo can get it enough battery life to achieve enough playable time while wireless streaming to the TV.

We'll probably see a new NES Mini system that's Switch hardware in disguise before then.

I like how everything looks sleek and elegant, even resembling an Apple ad, BUT THEN THE GAME LOOKS LIKE GARBAGE

>Switch pro
>better perf but patched and can't hack it
Fuck

They’ll release it after 4K has been standard for two years.

When they stop making shitty 26gb of storage in 2019

I think we will get a switch pro either late 2020 or early 2021. They'll want something that can compare more favorably to the new consoles and I'm sure developers/publishers are begging them for a stronger system to port ps4 games to. Theyll probably price drop the normal switch to $250 and make the switch pro $350.

>Anything below 1080p really isn't acceptable anymore
why?

this

prob in the next 5 years we'll be lucky to get 1080p 60 on the next switch

It is not possible you get that, we don't have the technology

More importantly, IT'S A FUCKING HANDHELD. Not a monitor or a TV.

YOU JUST KNOW

>1440p AMOLED Display
Lmao as if, most of the time the Switch can't even hit 1080p in docked.

Nintendo still doesn't use the Tegra X2 instead of the Tegra X1 Mariko in the current 2019 Switch and Switch Lite

And X2 is outdated already, being from 2017

Maybe Nintendo will use forward thinking 7nm microarchitecture like Nvidia Orin

anandtech.com/show/12598/nvidia-arm-soc-roadmap-updated-after-xavier-comes-orin

Attached: FINAL JetsonTX2 PPT Deck-14.png (2400x1350, 423K)

Anyone that thinks the Switch Pro is going to be substantially beyond the present model is fucking retarded. The Switch Pro will, at most, be capable of running docked-level performance when undocked. That's it.

Anything beyond THAT will be Switch 2.

Yeah, it's the logical step.

Attached: lickylick.webm (960x540, 2.89M)

>The Switch Pro will, at most, be capable of running docked-level performance when undocked.
lmao that's already asking for WAY too much dude.

hot

>599
delusional

Attached: c7b8646665b64ccb8f0eedcdd82fbacfef0df38c3ec3f33a6fbd915ea5817cbd.jpg (2048x1536, 735K)

Why indeed. SNES, PS1, and PS2/GC games were all better than the garbage we have now. The difference between 480 and 1080 is at least enough to give more screen space. Anything more has been pointless.

>1440p handheld
1080p handheld, 1440p super sampled down to 1080p or upscaled to 4k docked would be good.

>Switch 2
It will be called Switch U.

Based.

>nooooo I can't let other people have better hardware than my old shit console!

>implying Nintendo doesn't want to forget the wiiU even existed
Why would they name their console to remind everyone of their past failures

>599
Remember the last time a console costed this much?

>AMOLED

You literally don't know what for you just put it there because it sounds really high tech. You know nothing, otherwise you'd have put microLED instead.

Do you even know why you want amoled? Buzzwords for you

Its not like that's been Nintendo's intent.

With the Gamecube they saw that a more powerful system didn't always win, but saw what an advantage their custom architecture from IBM and more standard GPU from AMD gave them.
With the Wii they opted to continue using the same architecture they'd already paid for, saw that a cheaper system with a fun gimmick could indeed work and make a boatload of money, but saw the success the other two console makers who also opted to follow the updated Gamecube gameplan.
With the WiiU knowing it was their last shot the console team tried to combine the two: new custom architecture from IBM+AMD, and a lower launch price point. However it failed miserably because by the time it came to market the cheap off the shelf SOCs originally developed for tablets had leapfrogged their custom architecture in price+performance.
Unsurprisingly for the Switch Nintendo's handheld hardware team went out and bought an off the shelf Tablet SOC.

You can already get docked performance in handheld mode if you have a hacked switch. It's actually really useful for emulation, retroarch even as the option built-in.

The PS4, when you add the online allowance fee.
In fact PS4 cost is even higher than that.

And they have turboshit cooling compared to the Switch. More powerful chip and worse cooling. Now think if you can.

Don't want it, would create too much heat. I like it portable.

Those phones "turbo" into those frequencies to load facebook faster, then quickly downclock to not burst into flames.
The switch have to keep its maximum clock constant, which is why for example it needs active cooling.

The X1 still has a better GPU for gaming than any modern smartphone.

>but saw the success the other two console makers who also opted to follow the updated Gamecube gameplan
The success with which they lost billions of dollars?

you are a legit retard f you want a 1440p 6" screen. Even 1080 is pushing it.

>microled
>on a device smaller than 75"
Talk about posing, you fucking retarded cunt

>1440p
>At all

You idiots don't know cost efficiency. Nvidia used to make their own K1 tablets that has a 1920x1200p screen, and that's much weaker than the switch. If anything a full switch successor would use that screen if Nintendo sticks with Nvidia.

What the fuck
Wii U sold this poorly...

>release 4k tablet
>$500+
>hot
>barely works

Nope. I will call for a boycott and stop playing video games forever. The people the want this shit are the people killing video games.

Still better than the vita

>implying it's not possible

>1440p on a handheld

Why? Unless you hold it right up to your eyeballs, anything beyond 1080 is pointless.

Vita is a massive flop

Switch is a massive success despite all the memeing on Yea Forums

If its not affordable it not worth it to make.
Fucking hell everyine rmemebers how terrible it was when PS3 cost $1200 to make

At least 3DS + Wii U combined went to almost 100 million.

The Switch has sold not even half of that.

Switch has Nintendo I.P is the major difference, if Pokemon wasn't killed this year, they wouldn't be able to keep any in stock come Christmas.

Switch vs Phones isn't so much about the hardware, there's Phones out there that cost more than twice as much as the Switch with more powerful GPUs on paper.
What the Phones don't have is anyone willing to build a phone as thick as the Switch is to fit a proper heatsink and active cooling solution.

>Switch has Nintendo I.P
Most of that is ports / port-"sequels".

Yup, cooling and battery are it, good old physical limitations. It's like convincing people their 30 Megapixel phone camera is shit compared to a DSLR because the tiny ass lens cannot physically absorb the fucking light.

>I don't like it so it obviously doesn't sell.

I never said that.
I said that almost all of the Switch's Nintendo games are either ports or "sequels" (in reality ports with new maps and such shit).
That's a simple fact.
Wii U sold horribly, but at least it had tons of actually new games and the hardware was actually well made and the Wii U controllers didn't break after around 1-2 years.

>hardware was actually well made

No it wasn't, the tablet was a piece of heavy clunky piece of shit with no battery life. I hate the fucking thing and only tolerate it for Pikmin 3, every game that forced it was a one and done deal for me and I used the pro controller whenever possible.

>curved edges
Literal cancer. Never again with how stupid a gimmick it is with my phone.

The thing that makes the difference is the Switch has Nintendo's undivided attention, instead of being stuck in the position between being a system of its own and an accessory for another platform.

Comparing a pair of systems total sales at the end of their lives with a new product that's just gotten its first revision doesn't seem like the most fair comparison. There's going to be a lot of Switch Lite systems sold in the remainder of this year.

>No it wasn't
>with no battery life
Hilarious. the Wii U had a better battery life than the Switch.
And you were able to easily replace the battery with a better one (which you can't with the Switch).
It was just a bit heavier than the Switch and the 60 fps streaming tech was great.
> I hate the fucking thing
Poor taste.
>every game that forced it was a one and done
ZombiU was actually very well done.
>pro controllers
As I said, perfect controllers. And were actually well built, unlike the shitty overpriced Switch controllers.

>prefer samsung notes
>come out with rounded edges
>feel relieved that it isn't mandatory
>turn the flat screen into a lower quality variant
>get rid of flat screen as an option
Fuck I feel your pain bro...

WiiU was a system that arrived later than anticipated from a company that had been flush with cash from a generation of printing money with two extremely successful platforms and so had a ton of resources to put towards games for their new one.
Switch by comparison was rushed to market by a company that had two platforms that were underperforming which they needed to replace ASAP.

>Comparing a pair of systems total sales at the end of their lives
The Switch is supposed to be a home console and a portable console, although it fails at both of those.
So a comparison makes sense and is actually fair.
The Switch is a failure when compared to the Wii U +3DS, and those were failures when compared to Wii + DS.
>New hardware
top kek
Who are you kidding.
Almost 3 years old.

>was rushed
Yes.
The games were also rushed.
Which explains why the Switch is the first console that got a 3D mario game, that got a day 1 patch.
>two platforms that were underperforming which they needed to replace ASAP.
And when you look it like this, the Switch fully failed.

And how old is the 3ds? How many versions are there? How old is the WiiU?

>Hilarious. the Wii U had a better battery life than the Switch.
The WiiU's handheld portion just had to run a wireless controller, a radio for the video signal, and the screen. All the processing took place in the console.
The Switch is a handheld more powerful than the WiiU's console portion.

ps4 can't even hit 1080p lmao

Wii U had only 4 years of life, if you can even call it that. "Professional" "reviewers" ripped it over and over and over again.
It gets even more hilarious when you look at "reviews" of actually well made games like ZombiU and then compare it to "reviews" that the (terrible) ports got. The ports that are missing out all sorts of things.

So if you want to "compare" it failry, then we would have to take that into account, yes?
The 3DS also only gotten a handful games in the last 2 years, but it actually does the portable console thing very well, which the Switch doesn't.

>underpowered
>gimmick
>supposedly a handheld but too large and performs better docked
>dock scratches screen
>cheap, flimsy joycons
>library consisting of rehashes, shovelware, the worst versions of multiplats and kiddie games.
>insufferable, delusional community
>manchildren love it
>system of choice for trannies and the morbidly obese.
>smash tournaments known for being comprised of people with no concept of personal hygiene
>an embarrassment to be seen playing in public
>horrible online, overpriced.
>console is overpriced, very low value in general
>often referred to as several derogatory names, some examples include “cucktendo shitch” or just “shitch”, “Fischer price tablet” or more rarely the “NINtENDO SWItCH” (the lowercase t’s representing the low testosterone of the typical Nintendo console owner)
I could go on but I think we’ve all seen enough to agree that owning a Nintendo Switch is undesirable.

>duuuuuhhhh me want buy new console for make game look little better

It's the only console with games on this generation.
They're half assed if compared to something like a super nintendo, but it's the better choice.

What's wrong with curved edges? I've never had anything with them

>$600 handheld
Even nintendo soibois won't buy that.

In the next decade it literally is not

Oh and plus how many units did DS + Wii sell?
That's the only Nintendo wanted to go for, right? Because 3DS + Wii U were basically failures.

Now let's see.
Wii was dead in 2011, had around 5 years of life.
And Wii + DS sold 250 million units combined.
If you seriously think that the Switch would do that, then you are out of your mind.
It will not even sell half of that, and I doubt it will even reach 90 million, which is actually pathetic.

The new Nintendo without Iwata is simply terrible. Just take a look at the controller issues. They knew that their controllers were shit, but kept ignoring it, so that people have to buy new controllers every year. Finally only gave up because of a class action lawsuit. And they only do something in the US about it. Japan + Europe are still fucked.

While at the same time announcing a Switch Mini, that can't switch, with built in controllers.
These break and you will have to buy another one. The soi boys will love it.

Would Iwata have done any of this?
I seriously doubt it. iwata wasn't a money hungry kike and he always thought long term.

Should I buy a wahoomachine and smash bros for 280 buckaroos?

>all choices are shit
>but this shit choice doesn't have as much shit over it
>it's the better choice.
No, fuck all of this.
And if I wanted to play games from last or Wii generation, I would buy a 3rd Wii U or a 3rd Wii/PS3.

The switch trounce the last gen consoles in performance.
But you're still right on the "this choice don't have as much shit over it'.
You're probably better off with a cheapish computer and emulators by now.

Most sales of a handheld system happen after the price drops below $150, which is why Nintendo has historically built cut-down systems like the 2DS aimed at hitting that price point. The question right now is if Nintendo's margins on the Switch Lite will be enough once the initial R&D costs are paid off to drop it to the $149 price point, or if they'll need an even more stripped down system to manage that.

Don't forget that Nintendo also has the possibility to add to the Switch user base by re-purposing Switch hardware into their budget holiday mini consoles which could let them really inflate numbers later in the Switch's life cycle. Who wouldn't buy a Mini Golden NES with all the Zelda games including BoTW?

>underpowered
Yes.
>gimmick
No.
>too large
Not for adults. Hell, even my nieces and nephews are able to use it as a portable just fine.
>dock scratches screen
Did that ever get fixed? Never had that problem personally, but instead I have a shitty loud fan.
>joycons
This is a normal problem dealing with modern controllers.
>library
Started weak but its getting better.
>kiddie games
Fuck off with that dumb shit.
>insufferable, delusional community
I think you mean fanboys. The fact that you don't apply this to all fanboys is why you are just as shitty as they are, if you aren't already one of them.
>playing in public
Everyone is too busy looking at their cellphones to notice what you are doing user.
>horrible online
Fucking true as shit.
>console is overpriced
Fuck we need to get over this idiotic mindset. You can't complain about its price and it being weak at the same time. If $300 is too expensive then all you want is a fucking portable toaster...

>this is what deluded nentendrones believe

>Why indeed. SNES, PS1, and PS2/GC games were all better than the garbage we have now. The difference between 480 and 1080 is at least enough to give more screen space. Anything more has been pointless.

Console garbage was always trash.
We played great PC games back then.

Nintendo is garbage and anyone who still sucks nintendos balls is either a 12 year old or a basedboy

There's no way to say with without sounding creepy, but how big are the pockets of your nieces and nephews? But the Switch feels like a brick in my pocket and I'm not even a skinny jeans enthusiast. Nevermind the battery issues or lack of screen protection. Just being a handy system ya know?

>trounce the last gen consoles
>it totally beats what the crappy badly designed PS3 did
>don't think about 360 performance
kek
PS3 got ports most of the time, and was a shit system. Switch is basically the PS3 of this generation.
>You're probably better off with
going retro and getting previous gen systems and playing these. Way cheaper.

I mean hell the '95 Doom Switch version gets patched like crazy.

I miss actual Nintendo consoles.

>cheapish computer
No fuck that. If you are going to limit yourself to emulation, you need to make your computer strong enough to at least make PS2 and GC games look good. That requires a decent mid price computer.

>but how big are the pockets of your nieces and nephews?
When I'm with them, it is either in their hands being played, or being charged. Pocket size is a non-factor.

>$149 price point
I wouldn't touch it even at that price point.
It's a shit system.
I will never pay for online.
I will not buy shitty overpriced 1st party controllers, that I have to re-buy every year, because the company behind it sucks.
I will also not buy a console that can't be bothered with forcing developers to test their games, and instead allowing tons of patches, that you have to save on expensive SD cards.

I will also never buy a console, where its common that the full game(s) are not on the cart/disc.

They had one job, and they failed completely.
Fuck nu-tendo.

>really inflate numbers
That's what they are surely doing already.
Releasing a shitty Switch, that isn't even capable of switching, with built in controllers, that will break 1 year later and you will then even have to rebuy the whole so called "console". top fucking kek.

Iwata must be rolling in his grave.

post?
>nintendo 64 design board
>so guys I heard of this new technology called Compact Disks
>it has more storage density than cartridges and we could even make sets of disks for really large games where you just switched CDs! PC games are already doing this, it's revolutionary!
>NO
>WE ARE GOING TO USE CARTRIDGES
>AND AN OUTDATED CHIPSET
>WE ARE NINTENDO, PEOPLE WILL BUY OUR PRODUCTS
>b-but chief engineer, I have heard that mecagorporation Sony is designing a new console, and rumors say they embrace this new tech! We would be giving an advantage to a powerful competitor that-
>YOU ARE FIRED TANAKA. GRORIOUS NINTENDO IS INFALLIBLE

>I miss actual Nintendo consoles
Same. I'm really hoping they just do a home system without the screen or portability pretense. They could go 1080/60 then. And have proper cooling. Hell, even controllers that aren't weird vestigial wiimotes. Then a separate handheld line. I'm only holding out hope for that because it seems like Switch Lite is an admission they fucked up the handheld thing.

>This is a normal problem dealing with modern controllers
BS, the Wii U controllers all work perfectly fine, even after years of playing.
The Wii controllers also all work perfectly fine.
It's nu-tendo fault.

>$600
>Fucking curved screen so it's even easier to scratch putting into a dock
Fucking genius.

Attached: 1436206579436.png (598x369, 387K)

Oh, so not actually a portable unit. Kinda knew that already but you made me self conscious children had better portable storage solutions than a grown man in khakis for a second.

For those of you unaware, the Switch Firmware, in its coding for online connectivity, also displays what kinds of systems the Switch can connect to. So other Switches, that's an obvious. Then, in June, the firmware was updated, and we could see that there's another system type that the switch can connect to. We can also view system specs. This new system had the same specs, but no joy-con indicator OR HDMI out. Lo and behold, the Switch Lite was revealed a month later. In late July, another firmware update. This time, the new system has the following specs:
Nvidia Tegra X2 at 500MHz
8 GB Ram
Unspecified 4-core CPU clocked at 2.3 GHz
So make of it what you will.

so why do ppl who dont have a switch always get mad about it, i love mine and i also have a pc and ps4, or is it just falseflagging for reddit karma

>Switch Lite is an admission they fucked up the handheld thing.
Actually it goes even 1 step further.
It's like releasing a "new DS" without the 2nd screen.

Quite a few games will not even work on it. It's absolutely hilarious what they are doing. It's like they are all drunk and have no fucking idea wtf they are doing.

>without the screen
The Wii U design was actually just the DS applied to home consoles, and there are quite a few games that show the potential.

What's really sad is that they could have at least built multiplayer communication that would have worked for all games.

Still angry about Sega not porting their Alien game to the Wii U. Instead we got several Sonic games. It would have been the perfect version of the game.

>1080
I actually give a shit about resolution.
Give me 720p, what's important is a rock solid frame rate, which none of these "new" consoles are doing.

Your 5 bing bing bing yahoo 1-up coins were just deposited.

Source or GTFO

It's poorfags that can't afford more than one console trying to make themselves feel better

Learn history. Nintendo was blocked from using CD-ROM technology due to a contract Nintendo had with Sony over the SNES-CD project which is what became the Playstation.

Whether Nintendo's lawyers at the time were just incompetent, or had been actually bribed by Sony is still a matter for debate, but if they'd gone through with the SNES CD, the standalone Nintendo Playstation, or another independently developed CD based console they would have been paying Sony the majority of the licensing fees on games sold. That last part about even if they'd released a different CD based system is the reason why the CD-i existed, Nintendo tried to pursue a different avenue towards licensing CD technology and were blocked again by the legal conflict
As a result Nintendo waited until they could get optical drive free of Sony legal interference.

I actually own several Wii Us, one Japanese because imports. Several PS2s. One PS3. Several 3DSs. Several DSs.

I think people buying systems that want you to pay a monthly online fee, so that they allow you to play online especially when using p2p, are fully retarded.

>Oh, so not actually a portable unit
>being used in a portable fashion is not portable
Huh? Putting a system in your pocket doesn't make it portable. A PSTV fits in my pocket, but it isn't a portable. Being able to use it on the go makes it a portable. They are using the system no matter where they go. That is a portable.

$700 price difference aside, phones also rarely use that power to its full extent, unlike a gaming console. Published clock speeds in phones are kind of disingenuous, honestly, because they're so disconnected from real world performance. Apple doesn't even publish theirs.

The biggest bottleneck in the switch isn't even the clocks it's the bandwidth. PS4 can't even push 1080p in all it's games either so asking something that runs at 6 times less power draw running on a battery to do the same while running multiplats is insane.
Better to make a Switch 2 than to do a Switch Pro. Keep shrinking the Switch chip to make more affordable and smaller units and have the Switch 2 come out within a couple years of the PS5 so they can continue to get current generation multiplats.

FTFY

Attached: 1567276320503.png (2100x1500, 2.07M)

trustedreviews.com/news/nintendo-switch-hardware-update-processors-8gb-ram-3430523
This is the oldest news article I could find about it. Plenty of people covered it in March. Some of my coworkers have access to a Switch Dev Kit, and the full specs of the new system were only added in late July. I'm surprised nowhere has covered this yet. Its currently recognized in the firmware, even in production model Switches'.

I call BS.

Sony wanted to fuck over Nintendo. Nintendo figured it out and quit the deal.
After that Nintendo simply thought using carts made more sense for games. And the only games on PS1 that made real usage of the CD were interactive movies and had long very long load times.

1440p 60hz pc is my main gaming setup. I also own a switch and there is literally nothing wrong with the graphics or fps as far as I've experienced.

And I actually think the only improvement re: switch are the carts.
Which Nintendo fucked up as well of course, but that's another story.

Disc based media is a failure. See hour long installations on PS4.

But you would have to stop nu-game development and make game development great again aka properly tested games and forcing publishers to put the whole game on the cart, which Nintendo also doesn't want to.

>>Hey give me a sauce
>forum user of pedophile forum
>"dataminers" say
Hey give me an actual sauce.

>It's like releasing a "new DS" without the 2nd screen.
2nd screen was always a mistake.

>what's important is a rock solid frame rate
What I'd love is the ability to play Hyrule Warriors in multiplayer mode with more than 10 enemies on the screen at one time... Fuck, A rank on certain maps is impossible in multiplayer.

They already did. And the only thing it improved was battery life.

>The Switch is supposed to be a home console and a portable console, although it fails at both of those.
Oh, found the retards

You're wrong. It's public knowledge. Nintendo pulled out, leaving Sony hanging. They decided to recoup their investment loss and we got PS. Sony didn't plan to screw them over, do you not know what contracts are?

>2nd screen was always a mistake.
No, it wasn't.
Just like motion controls weren't a mistake.
Some developers are simply autistic and need to use technology on everything, even when it makes no sense.
2nd screen made all sorts of new ways to play games possible.
Touch screen controls are also not automatically bad. Some games that have these implemented shouldn't have implemented them though.

>expecting a properly working game with a stable frame rate from Tecmo
Things that will never happen.

Yes, nu-tendo is retarded since Iwata went dead.
>Sony didn't plan to screw them over
Yes, they did.
>implying you can't screw someone over via contract
kek
That's actually the whole point.
If you researched this matter at all, you would know what Sony wanted to do.

>While at the same time announcing a Switch Mini, that can't switch, with built in controllers.
>These break and you will have to buy another one. The soi boys will love it.
3DS also came out with a 2DS that has no 3D, nothing new there. As for the controller -I'm sorry, in Europe we get 24 months guarantee of fixing any issues, and even if after that any problems happen tied to controllers, I'm sure Nintendo will have enough shit over them to fix that crap everywhere, I really hope the new Switch revision did something to fix joycon drifting, literally the only bad thing about the system.

>Sony wanted to fuck over Nintendo.
No doubt about that, Sony wanted to reduce Nintendo to a third-party dev on a platform which they exercised control over so they could acquire them. Microsoft would actually come closer to succeeding at this same scheme with Sega a generation later, but also let their quarry escape.

>Nintendo figured it out and quit the deal.
But after the deal had been signed. Which is why they went off and signed a deal with Philips for a non-Sony optical disc solution, but wound up being unable to use that as well which led to the CDi Zelda and Mario games.

>After that Nintendo simply thought using carts made more sense for games.
You're kidding yourself if you think Nintendo wouldn't have wanted the ability to sell more profitable optical games. The only thing that brought Nintendo back to cartridges for the DS and ultimately the Switch is the costs for the solid state media reached a point where they were at relative price parity with optical media. DS game cards were something like $.10 for 128MBs, and later 3DS game cards were $.10 for 2GB. Presumably the Switch's game cards are similarly cheap.

The Switch technically is a high end device.

Why are you assholes so insistent on holding your television while you play games with it?

Damn, you're so fucking mad. Compared to what? How are SD cards expensive? How are carts bad when its the standard for most console games to not even come without an installation and if anything, Switch has more "normal" games than any other system on the market, rarely asking for additional downloads. And how is it Nintendo's fault patching games became a standard that's been around for two generations now? You're just a fucking autist mad at a company, that's pathetic, at least be a fucking adult and talk about issues tied to Switch, not all systems, singling out Nintendo as the one at fault.

Do you know how much phones cost? That $29.99 monthly phone plan over two years adds up to 3 or 4 switches

You're right but retards think manufacturers can just wave a magic wand and suddenly the next release is five times more powerful at the same or lower cost.
The switch shell is jam packed barely fitting everything inside at launch and in un-nintendo like fashion sold at a price that made basically no money per console unit sold.
That was at $300 for a tablet that can play goddamn home console games portably.

Now these guys want to put in ps4 pro level hardware to the switch shell, make the switch smaller, increase the screen res, and put in a more powerful battery?
Sure, and it'll cost $3000 per unit.

One of the puzzling design components of the Switch is that the controllers and the main unit can't link power supplies on a looped circuit. They could extend the battery life of the Switch by around 25% if they made the power circuits loops when the controllers were docked. But the main unit has "out holes only" where the power can trickle to the controllers, but not the other way around. On the return loop, they don't interact with the main unit's battery at all.

>has no 3D
There is literally not a single game that requires 3D.
>we get 24 months guarantee of fixing any issues
Europe got the same shitty controller issues.
Yes, maybe you are lucky and get 1 for free for a year. When that one also fails, you have to buy a new one.
And considering the prices, no, just no.
>I'm sure Nintendo will have enough shit over them to fix that crap everywhere
They don't.
They haven't done shit although this controller issue is known for years.
>literally the only bad thing about the system.
Except for the terrible battery life
the non replaceable batteries
the dock scratching the screen
the paid online
the missing internet browser
the untested unfinished rushed games
etc. etc. etc.

Agreed on all points. The zany history of Nintendo hardware is what keeps me hopeful. Combined with the deep pockets and brand power to just do a home console with a cute dock for a Lite (or similar handheld) and get back on track. With actual wireless coms you could buy both and still lounge around the house just like with a Switch. Call it Switch 0-LCD & Switch DS 1-LCD. (Advanced, 2D, 64.)

I'm not gonna farther into the semantic weeds here. If you feel a laptop counts as a portable gaming device I won't argue. I have a Shield I use around the house. But a true portable handheld to me is something you can actually travel with conveniently as well as use on the go. That's why I don't choose to strap a game gear to my back like a sword. That's just me.

Just give official joycon with classic cross dpad.

>the costs for the solid state media
>thinks NES, SNES, N64 used solid state media
oh my
>Nintendo back to cartridges for the DS
>implying Nintendo was retarded enough (like some other retarded company) to use optical media for a portable system
oh my

No one is paying $600 for a handheld. And that's what the Switch is. It's a mobile gaming device. Despite what the console wars have you think, it does not compete with Xbox, PS, or PC.

>There is literally not a single game that requires 3D.
There is literally not a single game that requires switching between a portable and TV mode.
>Except for the terrible battery life
It has better battery now than the 3DS, and even the older model had pretty good battery, but thanks for falling for Yea Forums memes
>the non replaceable batteries
And what systems does? What portable had those last time?
>the dock scratching the screen
Never happened to me or a dozen people I know, even then, who would buy a system without also getting some scratch resistant protector?
>the paid online
The one that costs a third of the competition and was free for two years? Yeah, I'm okay with that.
>the missing internet browser
For what? Jesus, you're laughable, why would you need a browser? It's a console, not a fucking tablet, grab your phone retard
>the untested unfinished rushed games
Which ones?

>How are SD cards expensive?
For 3DS it's not an issue because games are tiny in size, so a 4 GB card is enough. And almost no games on 3DS got patches anyway.

Not so much for the Switch, where patches are very large and also very common. And digitally "purchased" games are of course really large as well.

Compare the cost of let's say a 4 TB SD card with the price for a 4 TB external hard drive.

>most console games to not even come without an installation
This generation is your first gaming generation, I see.
>defends nu-tendo like a good goy
You actually sound mad because someone dared to call out nu-tendo for their BS.

>Compare the cost of let's say a 4 TB SD card with the price for a 4 TB external hard drive.
Why would I, games are far smaller on the Switch, who would even need a 4 TB card? A 4 TB SD card doesn't even exist. A 400 GB card is as much as most people might need, even with digital only, and that costs maybe 70$

>Things that will never happen.
One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 runs perfectly fine for me on PS4. Can't wait for PW4. If HW ran like PW3 then I wouldn't have any complaints. Sure, maybe there is some performance issues if you look at it with a microscope, but I play games instead of looking at pretty numbers so I wouldn't be able to tell.

>why is this $200/$300 dollar handheld that can also be docked to play on big screen so under powered

hmm no idea

>thinks NES, SNES, N64 used solid state media
The ROMS in old fashioned game cartridges are solid state media. What else would you call them? They're not magnetic, or optical.

>implying Nintendo was retarded enough (like some other retarded company) to use optical media for a portable system
They never did, but its been rumored this is one of the reasons Nintendo used mini DVDs for the gamecube.

This is all I want. The hori one sucks cause it doesn't have a battery and only works in handheld mode.

>>defends nu-tendo like a good goy
Ah, okay, name calling, seems you're out of points worth discussing, please post a wojak

>There is literally not a single game
Have you ever considered that still calling it the "SWITCH" makes it pretty retarded when you CAN'T SWITCH?
Also: yes, at the same time having controllers built in makes quite a few games literally unplayable.

>It has better battery now than the 3DS
No, it doesn't.
2.5 hours of Breath of the Wild. 3DS takes longer to go out of battery.

>And what systems does?
DS, 3DS, Wii U, Wii.
Literally every single Nintendo console until the Switch.

>Never happened to me
I don't give a shit. I also think you are lying.

>The one that costs a third of the competition
On Steam it costs 0 bucks to play online.
In fact there are tons of Steam games that actually use dedicated servers, and which are still free to play.
And there are even tons of games that are given out literally for free.

So shut your fucking shill whore mouth.

>For what?
How much are you getting paid for this shit?

>Which ones?
Compare Wii U games with Switch games.
How many Wii U games got tons of patches or even patches at all for bug fixes, and which Switch games...

Underrated comment.

Had it ever occurred to you that you were arguing with a poorfag retard?

Even though in theory you can write to the flash media used in Nintendo's modern game cards, they're put together such that writing is disabled.
DS, 3DS, and Switch all store saves, game patches, and other DLC content on the system / SD Card.

google.com/amp/s/nintendosoup.com/rumor-datamined-info-suggests-enhanced-switch-version-supports-8gb-ram-more-internal-storage/amp/
google.com/amp/s/www.valuewalk.com/2018/03/nintendo-switch-hardware-update/amp/
What more do you want? If I post sources from Reddit, youtube, WSJ, etc. you'll say they're fake because "Muh sjws! Muh basedboys!". WSJ correctly leaked the Switch Lite months before an official reveal, their word is as good as gold to me. Expect a so called "Switch Pro" next year, in spring/summer. BoTW will probably be the game used to show off the new power; 60fps, higher LoD, etc.

>But a true portable handheld to me is something you can actually travel with conveniently as well as use on the go
Without the controllers attached, the Switch is slightly bigger than my Note 8, which is designed to be carried in a pocket. Assuming you don't want a controller sticking out your pocket, it is still convenient enough to carry the body in one pocket and joycons in another pocket. Hell, it is more portable than a damn DS, yet I don't think I've ever seen a single complaint about any of those systems and their portability. The only thing I wish they would do is make a carrying case that stores the joycons on top instead of to the side. I'm surprised no one has attempted this yet...

Are Edge screens useful or it's just meme tech on phones?

I actually don't mind the handheld screen quality that much on launch Switch but I'd take the spec bump for stronger framerates.

>games are far smaller on the Switch
No, they aren't.
They are actually quite big.

Also your logic:
>but but but SD cards are totally cheap
4 TB
>but but but who needs a 4 TB sd card
So which one is it?
>A 400 GB card
Even my PS3 required 2 hard drive "upgrades" because of tons of patches. Almost all of my PS3 games are on disc. And the Switch is way worse regarding patches.

You know - the Wii U had external hard drive support and it worked perfectly. Why not simply add support for that as well? You know for the ones who would want to use the Shittch as a so called "home console"?

I was saying ROCK SOLID 60 fps and not "somewhat 60 fps with dips".

It's a meme. Literally just because it looks cool.

> 1440p AMOLED Display

I'll be honest. I really would shell out 600 bucks for that. But knowing nintendo... no fucking way they would do this because they're always such jews using the most cheap shit they can get away with.

Maybe you should open one of these old carts.
You would be surprised what you would find there, which would then explain why these carts were so expensive.
No, it's not solid state media, you dumb mother fucker.

>2.5 hours of Breath of the Wild
Switch lite bumps that up to 3. Still not great but just wanted to point that out.

Games for the Switch are absolutely smaller. Breath of the Wild is a whopping 13.4 GB without DLC. Most PS4 games are 40GB+.

>write dumb shit that either means trolling or being a child
>gets mad when getting called a child

>Switch lite bumps that up to 3
Marketing BS. I will believe it when I see it.
And still pathetic.
And still 3DS lasts longer.

>I was saying ROCK SOLID
Yes you were. I was saying that instead of ROCK SOLID fps, I'd prefer the game's performance be up to par. Keep up would you?

Switch gets tons of ports.
Guess how large these ports are.
And no, there are also PS4 games that are "small".
>14 GB is small
top fucking kek, kids nowadays.
I own around 200 Wii games.
200 * 14 GB = 2.8 TB

So if I would be retarded and "bought" everything digitally, I would need a 3 TB sd card.

they won't go beyond a 1080p amoled screen
the GPU also won't see a substantial upgrade, nor will the CPU, just enough to enable higher framerates or higher resolutions.
it will go for $300 just like the base model did at launch probably

>I said perfectly fine
>I have low standards, so I accept tons of dibs in my fps

So far they haven't need graphics to make games like Mario Odyssey, Zelda BotW, Astral Chain, Smash Ultimate, Mario Maker 2, and so much more, so I don't really give a fuck, games look good enough, it's not like with the Wii where you could tell games looked dated as fuck.

I was actually fairly impressed what the switch got hardware wise coming from Nintendo. So long as they give the Switch 2 something decent I'll be happy.
I think it's the younger posters that grew up with smartphones and are trying to analyze everything through a phone paradigm not realizing that phones to vidya is an apples to oranges comparison.

You're talking to morons that have no understanding of hardware design and manufacturing.
You know those stories of people saying "they should do (insert legimately crazy idea here) that would be great!" Most of this thread is that story.

Someone did a fuckload of battery life comparisons. BotW went from 2:36 to 4:54 at max brightness with wifi on.
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Eyf0GyyOP4j6rMvuZUbCAG42LE_iGzj0COLLptui_Dg/edit#gid=2009072617

Also no shit 3DS lasts longer, it's way less powerful and pushes a way smaller screen.

i just uninstall the games I know I won't be playing anymore, and if I do I can just download them, internet connections are way better now so it's not a big deal.

>coming from Nintendo
It's not coming from Nintendo.
It's literally a shitty Nvidia tablet with a Nintendo sticker.
That also explains why it has a debug menu with which you can hack it wide open.
That also explains why its of Nvidia "quality".

They'll probably make a permanently docked mode with 6GB of RAM but with the rest being the same as before but clocked to what they're supposed to be at or even overclocked

>Marketing BS
Do you not know how these things work? It isn't BS because it is something that should have been easily obtainable since before the Switch was released. These systems are being designed with easy upgrades in mind. The PS4's wasted space on the MOBO was another example of this. Its normal business practice by now so I don't know why you would be full of doubt.

They are making so much money off this off brand iPad they really don't have to do anything else.

>Lmao guys!!! A handheld console with barely more processing power than the PS2 has a longer battery life, running games with PS2 era graphics, than a hybrid console that has the processing power of a base Xbone running games with the graphical complexity of a late 7th gen/early 8th gen game!!! The Switch is shit!!!
Grow up. Also, Nintendo could be sued if they lied about the 3 hour battery life for the Lite with BoTW. False advertising laws and all that. Its the price you pay for a hyrbid game system. Console tier graphics, low battery life.

That's a thought, but that carrying case would be fatter than any DS-3DS I think. And yeah, if you carry the joycons in one pocket & the system in another it's more pocketable. Again, it's a preference. A Game Gear in a holster and a bandolier of batteries is portable. A satellite phone strapped to your back is portable. And all that shit might look really cool, but it doesn't really work for my lifestyle. So agree to disagree on preference, okay?

Attached: ddc.jpg (1061x1600, 753K)

>4:54
Yes, of course.
And I believe everything I read on the internet
>max brightness with wifi on
And I believe everything I read on the internet

>I have low standards
>I have standards based on looking at the game instead of watching a video with a line that goes up and down
FTFY

An AMOLED screen seems like a terrible choice for a handheld, the static UI elements will easily burn into the screen

Okay, so let's repeat
SD cards are really expensive, and I want external hard drive support
>SD cards are totally cheap
4 TB
>Who needs 4 TB? No one!!!!!
But you said they are cheap?
4 TB of external hard drive space is really cheap.
Well here, this calculation means that if I own 200 games on it, I would need that storage space
>I delete and redownload games all the time
>Yes, not a problem for me at all
>Simply keep one game on it and you are fine
Why would actual people do this?
Why would you defend shitty decisions of a shitty company instead of saying "yes, it is shit".

Are you a soi boy?

>I prefer more pixels and shit instead of a properly working long-lasting handheld
Reminder: Gameboy beat every other portable hands down, because back then soi boys didn't exist.

That's actually a feature.
Soi boys will buy more and more of these shitty devices, so Nintendo can then claim that it sold more and more and more.

Similar to the tactic Microsoft used back then with their 360.

While old games could optionally include hardware like external processors, or have volatile memory requiring a battery for save games, the game data itself was always stored on solid state ROM chips.

The only real change between the classic cartridge systems is that NAND Flash chips became so cheap they completely displaced older PROM or EPROM, and the chips themselves got so small that bundling additional hardware became impractical. For video game distribution use though, the game cards are effectively PROMs since they don't allow writing data to the chips after they've been packaged.

sorry I wasn't following your autistic discussion, just pointing that out, i ain't reading that shit nigga

>solid state
Educate yourself what solid state drives actually are.

14 GB is small by modern standards, dipshit.
>God of War (2018): 45GB
>Horizon Zero Dawn: 40GB
>Uncharted 4: 48GB
>The Witcher 3 GOTY (PS4): 42GB
>---------------------
>Breath of the Wild: 14GB
>Xenoblade 2: 13GB
>Fire Emblem Three Houses: 12GB
>Splatoon 2: 8.1GB (including DLC)
>Super Mario Odyssey: 5.7GB
>The Witcher 3 GOTY (Switch): 28GB

Sorry, I'm not talking nigger.

>wanting external hard drive support for the switch

Anyone who wants this is seriously retarded.

Try this whole list maybe, you fucking retard.
finder.com/complete-list-playstation-4-install-sizes-460-titles

Not all games on PS4 are AAA.
In fact most aren't and are way smaller than Breath of the Wild.

it's like asking for external hard drive support for a phone or a tablet

So the "Switch" is not to be considered a home console?

You know, you're right, I bet this guy just made a whole spreadsheet of random numbers to be le epic troll and get people to waste money on game consoles, that seems like a really effective use of time.

I don't care what you consider it, you can't take a hard drive with you to play outside.

Someone tell Nintendo:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_Switch
>Nintendo classifies it as "a home console that you can take with you on the go"

So you can, but you don't need to, in fact it's supposed to be a home console after all.

No one said anything about stripping sd card. It's about ALSO offering external hard drive support.

And I'm pretty sure tablets with USB support also support external hard drives in one way or another.

okay? not all switch games are AAA either. but the biggest name AAA games on switch that aren't coming from another platform are substantially smaller than the industry standard for AAA, because they have lower quality assets and don't use Blu-Ray.

I can only hope you're just pretending to be this retarded.

Not really. It's a compromise design. So taking an external on the bus to play your game wouldn't make a lot of sense.

battery tech is stagnated because the market of products that need small rechargeable batteries have a vested interest in a 2-3 year product lifespan. If they actually threw money at all that ceramic battery tech or whatever like they're threw money at flexible screens we'd have batteries that last a month with 10,000+ charge cycles already.

>Yes, spreadsheets on the internet are trustworthy
>I also believe in climate change.
>can't take a hard drive with you
Of course I can.
I would already need a large bag, because the shitty Nvidia tablet is way too large to simply put it into one of your pockets.
Also this was never the point anyway.
Learn to read and understand that people also are supposed to keep it at home and use it as some kind of retarded home console.

>substantially smaller
However you want to slice it, 400 GB are not enough when you own tons of games.
In fact 15 games like Witcher are enough to break that limit.

Tons of people own more than 100 games for one console.

>So taking an external
I never said remove the sd card capability.

I'm increasingly unsure if you know what makes a solid state drive solid state. "Solid State" in this sense refers to the fact that the media consists of logic gates that can be read directly using electricity with no moving parts. The computer solid state drives you seem to be thinking of are using the same fundamental technology as an SD-Card, NAND Flash memory.

The reason why they're so much faster is that they have many chips in parallel. Similar to how an EV can charge/discharge much more rapidly than a cell phone and for far more cycles due to the much larger number of cells, a high-end SSD can read/write at higher speeds for more cycles because it has physically more chips.
SD cards or Nintendo's game card media represent the limits of what you can fit into their portable form factor for a given price, so they generally use the largest chips available. While for stationary SSD storage in the 2.5" form factor they can use a larger number of larger chips. To use the car analogy again not unlike how modern EVs tend to use the best available battery technology to get the largest portable battery they can, while home, or grid-level storage solutions tend to use larger numbers of older cells (often taken from old EVs).

The reason why Nintendo isn't going to support USB storage devices on the Switch is obvious. They can't stop someone from pulling the system out of the dock while its writing.

Isn't it weird that the actual home console Wii U had SD card + external hard drive?

Switch games intentionally aim for 14GB or under so they can fit the game onto a 16GB cart. 16GB carts are already more expensive than publishing a PS4 games, and any game that's bigger than 14GB would need to be on a 32GB cart and those cost $20 for production plus Nintendo licensing fees.

Since the switch lite is portable only, is like to see them bake a Switch pro that is tv only like a traditional console, but with enhanced technical specs.

>They can't stop someone from pulling the system out of the dock while its writing.
So it's like not adding touch screen capability, because you can't use it when it's docked?
Or putting a socket where the thing is supposed to stand on?
Like these decisions?
So glad that Nintendo really thought all of it through.

Not really to the system's BSD based OS a USB external hard drive looks exactly like a USB Flash Drive, and likely identical to the SD Card which was likely also using a USB interface.

If you put the switch into the dock when playing a touchscreen only game, it doesn't risk breaking the game media.
If you unsafely unmount media while you're writing to it you can easily bork your filesystem.

>those cost $20
Just use SD cards, these are dirt cheap, at least someone in here said so.

>That's a thought, but that carrying case would be fatter than any DS-3DS I think
It would be slightly thicker than an original DS. Not every case is designed to fit in a pocket though, and I'm not talking about trying to accomplish that per say. I want a case that looks slightly less awkward than a full length Switch case though.

Thank you. I've been saying this all day.

Retard, he's talking about the publisher. They pay for manufacturing of the cartridges.

>breaking the game media.
Yes, the dock instead breaks the screen.

>you can easily bork your filesystem.
Why would it do that, when it's directly connected to the Switch?
>write
Games do not write constantly.
Games before said "do not remove memory card from PS2". They could have simply mandated a message like that.

Also how could they be sure that I wouldn't disconnect my external harddrive from my Wii U? Or remove memory cards from my PS2?

So we agree on wanting something less awkward and more portable. We're just differing on where to put the goal posts. I can live with that.

SD cards are super cheap, someone said so in here.
So the publisher should simply tell Nintendo to use these instead of whatever they are using.

The Switch game media is actually even cheaper than SD cards would be because Nintendo buys the chips in bulk. The most used game card size though winds up being much cheaper because its the most used.

At least for the older DS systems they supported single capacity 128MB, dual capacity 256MB, and quad capacity 512MB, but because the larger capacity games were so much more expensive to produce there were only ever a handful of dual capacity 256MB games and no quad capacity games. For the 3DS they upped the standard size to 2GB, and most larger games rather than using a larger card used DLC.

probably after the scarlet

>even cheaper
32 GB sd card is $8 right now on Amazon.
Someone is lying.

>You know - the Wii U had external hard drive support and it worked perfectly.
It actually didn't. I have a collection of over 40 Wii U games, I have a 2 TB hard drive connected to it with pirated shit, since I didn't want to open a case every time. For two years I had no idea why wi-fi on my Wii U didn''t work - turns out if an external drive is connected to it and is too close, Wii U can't grab a connection - if any of you has an external HDD connected to your system, disconnect it and then try the wi-fi option, I already checked on four different systems, each one had this problem - wouldn't call that perfect, even if the console itself is quite amazing.

>Also how could they be sure that I wouldn't disconnect my external harddrive from my Wii U? Or remove memory cards from my PS2?
They weren't, and they'd suffer the same issues if you did while it was writing. It was just much less likely that you'd pull out a memory card or disconnect media from a stationary system, than it is for the Switch to be removed from its dock.

Also nice to see you completely ignoring your own illiteracy on what solid state media is or how it works.

>The Switch game media is actually even cheaper than SD cards
Well duh sherlock.
SD cards can be written tons of times.
DS/3DS/etc. carts do not need this at all.

>$599
This is literally a meme

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 62K)

>Shittch
fuck, you're Eric/ACfag, I wasted so much fucking time arguing with a troll

Switch game carts aren't SD cards. Their cards are nonstandard and they're the only ones that use them meaning a higher price and since you can only get them through Nintendo you pay what Nintendo charges you.
The $20 is the price to produce along with the standard console licensing cost.

>Wii U can't grab a connection - if any of you has an external HDD connected to your system
BS, I have 2 Wii Us here.
Both use external hard drives and both work properly with Wifi. I'm actually playing coop with 2 gamepads that way.

Nintendo likely buys 16GB NAND Flash chips in bulk for some ridiculously low pre-negotiated price, likely pennies on the dollar. They then sell the right to write media to the finished game cards publishers which gets bundled in with all the other licensing fees the publishers pay per game to Nintendo.
They produce far more 16GB cards than they do larger media so it gets a bargain rate. As a result everybody wants to target that size and only games that could really justify the larger size would take the risk of using it.
Same holds true for optical media where the single layer discs are by far the most common.

>you'd pull
>stationary system
I already told you various times, that I'm not interested in using that shitty thing as a portable device, especially because it isn't really portable.
I would keep it at home and not move it an inch.

>suffer the same issues
Not, when the people involved have a clue what they are doing.

Also again - how the fuck is it supposed to break something, when it's connected to the Switch itself?

Other solution connect it to the dock itself. There are notebook docking stations with USB sockets. I am using one of these with external hard drives and that works properly too.

>solid state media
ROMs are not SDDs. I'm ignoring you because you obviously have no idea what you are talking about.

I don't see the problem. Maybe I'd actually buy one, I've been holding off for multiple reasons but the

$600 lmaoooo

>Switch game carts aren't SD cards
No shit sherlock.
DS+3DS carts do not have to do the same job as a SD card, which means they should be way less expensive.

>The $20 is the price to produce along with the standard console licensing cost.
If most of that is lincensing, then you were lying the whole time, b/c with digital delivery the publisher would have to pay that as well, which means it's not part of the cost of a physical cart, retard.

>pennies on the dollar. They then sell the right to write media
So it's even Nintendo's fault, because they are kikes.
Got it.

Dude muh uncompressed 200+ MB WAV files and uncompressed 4K+ textures lmao

what show is that from?

s/SDD/SSD

>Oh, so not actually a portable unit.
Do you also think laptops are not portable because you tried to put one in your pocket and it didn't work out?

Anything bellow 4k it’s unacceptable kiddo try to keep up

> I'm not interested in using that shitty thing as a portable device,
Nintendo doesn't give a shit about you. They can't make a handheld that requires kids to understand why their pokemon aren't on their system when they undock it, or make them wait while their file system unmounts.

>There are notebook docking stations with USB sockets. I am using one of these with external hard drives and that works properly too.
Notebook docks are rarely used by children, and your OS will scold you if you don't unmount the media in those drives before you disconnect them.

>ROMs are not SDDs.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Read-only_memory
ctrl+f Solid State

Nintendo game cards, USB thumb drives, SD Cards, and internal SSDs for PCs all use the same fundamental solid state technology which is an evolution of the old ROM hardware from decades ago.
Are you like my dad who insisted I rewind my NES games before taking them out?

Notebooks are quite obviously nowhere near as portable as a 3DS.
Just imagine a cellphone being as large as a notebook.
Would you like to take that with you where ever you go?
No, you wouldn't, because it's way too large.

Getting red of the bezel would be fucking based as hell

They're new and nonstandard, only one place makes them, nobody can compete to lower prices, they must maintain a certain speed requirement and also must be free of flaws unlike cheap micro SD cards too. Each of those drives up the cost of production. DS, 3DS and Vita carts all had very slow transfer speeds so even if it were much cheaper to produce those than an SD card that wouldn't necessarily mean that it's the same for Switch cards to SD cards today. Not that it matters at the end of the day because they are only available to get from Nintendo, and they only bundle them in with the cost of licensing so nobody but them and the manufacturer knows exactly how much solely the production of one costs.
They charge different licensing rates for physical game production versus digital copies so I'm not sure what the last point you're trying to make is. That goes for all console companies too, not just Nintendo.

>children are totally retarded
Weird that this worked out for memory cards.

>your OS will scold you
My OS has no problems with it.
Use a proper OS and a proper notebook, retard.

>evolution
>but you are wrong saying ROMs are not SSDs
Choose one, retard.
Also
>using wikipedia as a source
top fucking kek are you retarded.

Nobody claimed "as portable as a 3DS".
>Would you like to take that with you where ever you go?
No, I wouldn't take a console with me wherever I go because most places I go to I wouldn't be playing video games on my portable console anyway. If I wanted to go somewhere and play games though, something the size of a Switch would not be a problem to take along at all. I'm not sure exactly why you're pretending a Switch is supposed to be a phone or something.

>non sense
So you were lying and are now trying to pilpul your way out of it.
>not the exact same licensing costs!!!
Irrelevant, you were lying.

>b-but muh handheld!
yiiiiiiiikkkeeesssssss the only thing that matters is performance and graphics, playing video games in public is not only cringe af but also not worth compromising power for

>pretending a Switch is supposed to be a phone or something.
Now you are making more and more shit up.
I was saying that the Switch is not really portable compared to the portability of a 3DS and that is factually correct.
It's way too large. It should fit inside a pocket, just like a modern cell phone.

The DS+3DS were well designed. They used clam shell design, which made them tiny in size, which is kinda important.
They could have done the same with the Switch.

Instead they shit on everything Iwata made.

>My OS has no problems with it.
Stop trolling. Every OS has problems with it.

Video game ROMs are solid state. Modern Solid State Drives and other Flash based media are all solid state.
Its like you're trying to argue birds aren't dinosaurs. Just stop, you're wrong.

>what matters
>graphics
neck yourself.

I think you might be mixing up two different posters which is why you're confused.
I shouldn't have to explain to you why something new and nonstandard that requires actual quality control with one supplier will be more expensive than a storage standard that's been around for over 10 years now.

>people don't care about portablitity
>when Nintendo handhelds always do good and better than the concurrent console
Handhelds are the most normalfag platforms. Cope with the fact that Nintendo doesn't care about basement dwellers.

>Every OS has problems with it.
BS
When you use external storage, the computer is not constantly writing to it.
USB itself is even meant for hot plugging.

You must be a different user eager to drop a hot take. I already explained my position on all this. And the other user touched on some of the obvious points. Claiming something is a portable handheld to take and use on the go conveniently when it's really a big NVIDIA tablet with weird controls you need a man purse for is like saying I please women in the bedroom. It's literally correct, but just barely enough to be technically true with a big asterisk.

I'm just going to start posting Dinosaurs.

Attached: Cassowary_head_frontal.jpg (1361x1024, 300K)

Shitposting aside, why not make a powerful machine?
It doesn't even has to be the strongest just on par with the others, it would make porting games easier.

Attached: 1414665979339.png (599x387, 256K)

probably next year along with the launch of BOTW2

To keep cost down.
If they used the latest Tegra processor that would increase the price quite a bit.

>I ... I actually am not the one posting BS about $20 price point of physical carts
>I ... I actually just kept on and on about it, instead of calling it BS myself.
Your pilpul isn't working.

>new Nintendo
>actual quality control
kek

Yes, like the quality control of their games.
Or their controllers.
Or the hardware itself.

>Yes, Nintendo sells these
>And Nintendo is asking for tons of money instead of simply pushing their own idiotic idea and not ripping publishers off
Yes, I already said it's the Nintendo kikes.
Your posts make less andless sense.

>Nintendo tries to get their soi boy platform going that LARPs as a home console and a portable console at once
>Nintendo doesn't care about home console users at all and cares about portable gamers only
Choose one.

tablets are portable and people regularly leave the house with them you fucking retard.

Did you know that we can now in some cases make fairly decent reconstructions of the coloration of the plumage of extinct dinosaurs?

Attached: 1430258365343.jpg (900x622, 169K)

You can't make a portable machine that is at the same time cheap, fast and with good battery life. Hell, you can't really do that even if you drop the "cheap" requirement.

>a big NVIDIA tablet with weird controls
Indeed, Nintendo should've made a touchscreen phone as their gaming console. That way it doesn't have those "weird" controls such as analog sticks and physical buttons while also being small enough for you to put it into your pocket.

Disable very late writing, you fucking cuck.
And then maybe just maybe use a journaled file system.
It's not my problem that you have no fucking clue what you are talking about.

>but but but I need to tell my OS that I want to remove this
>What will my OS do?
>Oh I don't know. Maybe finally write all the delayed shit on the media, because I use very late writing for minor "performance"
>Also back then floppies also were broken constantly because muh all OS have problems with removable media

Nvidia has only revised the X1 and released one update to that series that was out before the Switch launched, called the X1. Nintendo went with the revised X1 for their refresh.

Xavier is too powerful for switch. The disparity between regular switch and an Xavier model would be too noticeable.

cringe bing bing wahoo manchild who sacrifices performance for playing Mario in public like a sperg YIIIKKEESSSSSS

Mocked up a sample layout for the type of case I'm talking about

Attached: sample case.png (701x250, 18K)

>Damn my pilpul doesn't work
>Let's use the dino pilpul
That also isn't working.

Right, but my point is more that microsoft and sony are ok with starting a new console at $400-$500. Nintendo never will.

at 1024x768 lmao

>microsoft and sony are ok
PS3 almost broke Sony
And 360 would have broken Microsoft, if Microsoft was only into console business.

Attached: 1415416326744.jpg (1650x1100, 659K)

Kobayashi-san

Attached: anime sweating.jpg (779x720, 42K)

Developers are already struggling to work with dock and undocked. I can’t imagine how fucked it’ll be with four things to deal with.

>more pilpul
>If I do more, then maybe it will work
No, you fucking incompetent loser.

>these floppies back then were destroyed all the time
>it was so terrible playing games from a floppy
>yes, all my floppies were destroyed within a few weeks

And yet they repeated it for XB1 and PS4.
They’re seriously ok with it.

I look forward to seeing how Doom Eternal runs vanilla undocked.

>They’re seriously ok with it.
No, they have no other chance.
For them "new console" means more pixels and shit and that's it.

They are not creative at all, all they can do is copy the work of other companies.

For them it's like another Nvidia GPU and a new Intel processor.

And them using $200 hardware would make their systems even more of a joke. Plus they got nothing else going for them.

To be fair Nintendo is now in the same bucket, but they can currently use the "muh portable" excuse for their shitty system.

This.

People forget handhelds prioritize battery life, no power or "muh-graphics". Switch´s autonomy is not that big of a deal to handle because 99% of time is docked in a armchair.
Increasing battery will likely be a limiting factor as there is so people only fit two devices (smartphone and wallet) in their pockets

Switch lite has revealed their true colors, it was a handheld with an HDMI port.

I'm glad you're bringing back parachute pants. But...
...This post was way edgier. I'm glad we settled this with reasoned debate taking into account all points guise

>prioritizeD battery life
fixed

Remembering the Gameboy and the competitor like the Game Gear.

Game Gear had color. Gameboy didn't.
Game Gear lasted a few hours.
Gameboy lasted 30-40 hours.

Gameboy won.

>it was a handheld
If only.

Literally why floppy discs with commercial games were distributed with write disabled, and why console games have always been distributed on read only media.

Attached: 1445364940731.jpg (2500x2500, 1.94M)

fuck off

>commercial games were distributed with write disabled
BS.
I'm actually a developer, also involved in game development.
Hard drives were not even standard back then, so tons of games actually saved the progress to the game floppy/floppies themselves. Some games even had a bug or two and overwrote themselves.
There were Sierra On-Line booter games, that did not even require or need any operating system and did everything themselves.

You keep taking an adversarial approach, but you’re not disagreeing with me.
Obviously they do it because they have to, but they’re ok with doing it unlike nintendo who will power down a system to keep costs at $300.
Do you just like arguing over semantics?

Never because Tegrax2 architecture is different from Tegrax1. Nintendo might as well wait and release the switch 2. The switch is the successor of the 3DS and that handheld was already dated af when it came out eight years ago and it sold a lot.

No, i do want a long lasting, good quality handheld. I'm not defending Nintendo on this one, the Switch is shit quality wise. Nintendo should've put more effort and quality control into it. Better GPU, CPU, more RAM, higher quality controllers, etc, instead of "Lmao let's make a tablet with two tiny Wii remotes strapped on the side." The Switch Lite is a great step forward. An integrated, proper handheld. Hopefully the next major Switch revision will drop the gimmicky joycons and get rid of HD rumble, literally almost no games use it, and actually increase the specs, so docked it can run at 60fps, 1080p. Idc if the handheld screen is 720p, I value framerate and LoD over resolution.
I was just pointing out how it's ridiculous to compare a hybrid console to a dedicated handheld.

>I'm actually a developer, also involved in game development.
Wow, so impressive. I bet your dad worked at Nintendo too.

>Hard drives were not even standard back then
Tell me more about things your read in your history books.

You still haven't fessed up to being wrong about Solid State.

Which floppies aren't btw, they're a spinning floppy magnetic disc.

Attached: 1414036806485.jpg (1600x626, 235K)

>why console games have always been distributed on read only media
Sherlock, maybe that was the case because it wouldn't have made any sense to use read/write media for such media (except for downloads/store "downloads") and read/write media would have also been more expensive.

Also
>I don't know about the Famicom Disc Drive system
It's getting more and more embarrassing for you.

You people always have these unrealistic standards for mobile devices. Why do you think even the best gaming laptops are still barely portable nowadays? It's not easy to cram a lot of power in a tiny device.

>Better GPU, CPU, more RAM
And make it cost $600?

Power isn't even the big issue, it's heat. Even a 10,000 dollar handheld built like a phone/switch will explode if it tries to use that power.

People are fucking retarded. All these morons who are just spewing
>”DURRR GIVE IT A BETTER GPU!”
As if it was as simple as nintendo just saying “order a better gpu”
These same people would then probably complain about the 1 hour battery life, overheating, and high price tag.
They obviously did the best they could with their budget. These systems take years of planning

Attached: DSC00001.jpg (2048x1310, 195K)

Switch Lite is the same size as the Vita.

>1440p
>on a 5 inch screen
Why? I don't even get why some phones do this, it just drains the battery faster...

It is not. It is bigger than the ORIGINAL Vita. The Vita slim beats it easily.

Attached: vita-vs-lite.jpg (1921x1081, 355K)

Because people who don't understand tech think bigger number = objectively better and companies are more then happy to abuse that.

Depends. Nintendo could pull it off for 500$ or 450$ and be willing to to take the loss. Especially if they would develop in-house hardware, instead of buying shit from Nvidia/AMD. My *preferred* setup would be a dedicated Home Console, using Blu-ray discs, with a neat but OPTIONAL control gimmick, and a dedicated handheld to go alongside it, using cartridges, touchscreen, etc. The dedicated handhelds do gimmicks much better than the consoles desu. Think Gameboy and SNES, a setup like that.

I would prefer the dimensions of the DS/3DS.

Me neither. Phones would be better off sticking to 1080p and just upgrading the hardware so it can run better at that resolution.

>AMOLED
>Constant, eye-searing PWM

Attached: 3C4745F3-E233-483A-A985-B93E4AC9BB4F.jpg (812x693, 156K)

Not by much and as it shows there it has less depth

You should get your eyes checked. At 12 inches I can easily see the difference between 300ppi and 500ppi

>6000mAh battery

Why not call it a 6Ah battery, you cucks?

I'm pretty sure Iwata's plan was something like that.

Home console dock with hardware in it, that would take carts. And a "DS"-like handheld that takes the same carts. In typical Nintendo fashion with various special chips inside of them.
Games would run better when used in the home console system. DS/3DS-like handheld works like a Wii U gamepad of sorts.
DS/3DS-like handheld has Wii U streaming tech inside of it as well.

>at 12 inches
Cause that’s the size of the Switch screen, right?

Just get a 600gb sd card mate thatll hold majority of the store on it. Itd be like getting a 1tb external for your ps4/xbonerx

why doesnt nintendo just make a phone

You mean think PS4 and Vita setup like that. Actual shared library and remote play.

Yeah, the Vita is 0.05" deeper. Which is literally 1/20th of an inch, it is lnothing. Meanwhile the Switch Lite is an entire inch longer, which is much more significant for these tiny devices and 1/5 of an inch taller.

The Switch Lite is more portable than the original, but shoving this thing in a pocket is still going to be a chore.

Switch screen is only 6.2 brainlet. Even if it was 4k we were talking about, it'd still be a pointless battery drain.

I have a 512gb and can’t fit all my games at once

Why would I waste $100 for 512 gb sd card, when I can spend the same amount of money on a 4 TB hard drive?

Why?
Who made that rule?
I mean, I get it, better resolution is better resolution, absolutely.
But worse resolution doesn't necessarily mean worse experience. Never has. Zelda isn't magically a better experience because you can see the pores on his skin.

Phones can't be proper gaming handhelds which is why the switch is telling so well. Cost aside, phones can't have the needed inputs or cooling for vidya. Even if BOTW got a proper port to a super phone, the heat would make the thing explode.

Because they serve different purposes.
Can’t exactly have your HDD hanging off a handheld, can you, dingus?

Fucking retard

Seeing pores on skin is graphical fidelity, not higher resolution.

>a handheld
Nintendo says its a home console.

Also how about I tell schizo Nintendo to fuck off?

Oh boy it's another
>I have unrealistic expecatations
>What? No, that's retarded. You're retarded
>Ha ha you took the bait, retarded fanboy
>SEETHING
thread.
We never get tired of these. No-siree

Nintendo only calls it a console so they can charge $60 for games.

Would be neat, but considering the failure of the Wii U, that would've put Nintendo under. I just don't think people would buy something like that. The Switch is a great idea, on paper. Make a console that can be played handheld or played on a TV. But in typical Nintendo fashion, they have to do something gimmicky, to stand out from the competition. If they hadn't implemented HD rumble, or had joy-cons detach from the system, they could've put that money into better hardware (and joysticks), and sold a true hybrid console, no gimmicks, and with better specs than the current Switch. But with any Console, it has to have great games at launch to actually sell. That was the Wii U's issue, no games at launch. It got decent games in its lifespan, but no launch games=dead system.

It can be (and is) both.
The only retarded one here is you, for demanding strictly enforced and arbitrary classifications

It's actually
>schizo kike defending terrible design choices
>schizo kike lying
>schizo kike getting called out
>schizo kike tries pilpul
>schizo kike fails
>schizo kike is laughed out of the thread

It's gonna be fine if you buy a case like pic related. It's better to wait for 3rd party one since that shit is almost as expensive as an 3ds game since it cost 3,758 yen.

nintendoeverything.com/nintendo-to-release-switch-lite-snap-on-case-with-flip-cover-in-japan/

>It can be
Nintendo calls it a home console.
So let's use that one.
>You are retarded because you use the term that Nintendo used for their shitty system
Yeah, right.

>schizo schizo schizo everyone is a kike except me the voices are telling me you're a kike
you sound like an actual schizo. Get help

Ohhh yeah, I gotcha.
It's another

>Retarded OP makes outrageous claim so he can call anyone who disagrees with him a kike
thread.
Easy mistake to make, my bad.

This is the dumbest fucking argument. The Switch is only 2 years and 5 months into its life and has already sold more than half what the 3DS did. Even if you want to arbitrarily add the Wii U sales it's STILL outpacing the combined total you absolute colossal retard.

Here's how you guys "Make" a Switch Pro, just make a new Switch with a special custom port for external GPU. That's it you don't need this Tegra X2 or "Super Amoled" meme

Attached: 1566527268673.png (344x451, 258K)

>that would've put Nintendo under.
It would have been worth a try.
And Iwata succeeded twice out of 4 times, and sort of succeeded another time of these 2 failed tries.
Nintendo tried to combine portable and home console and in total they have failed, because they would need to sell gang busters, which they don't (success is: 250 million Wii + DS sold)

>The Switch is a great idea
No, the Switch is not a great idea.
The NX was a great idea.
The Switch is a rush job, where they literally bought a tablet and slapped their name on it.

It's sad that all Nintendo fans ever want is a PS4 with a Nintendo badge.

>I have been found out
>Halp
Not working on here.

>Anything below 1080p really isn't acceptable anymore
Says who? Resolution is much less of a deal with games than lets say, a computer or a phone because real estate actually matters in those cases.

When it comes to games though, if I play a game at 720p and 4k, the game is going to display the same information to you in most cases. It's just rendering natively at different resolutions. All higher resolutions does it enable the finer details to be seen better. What exactly is being lost here? If you really want to be nitpicky, aspect ratio is FAR more important for gaming because that actually lets you see more stuff.

The Vita for example has a 544p and that screen still looks fantastic to this day. You'd have to be deliberately unreasonable to say otherwise.

Attached: 1566914274722.jpg (719x586, 159K)

>Someone attacks my beloved Switch
>REEEEEEE
t. soi eater
>it sold around half of what the properly designed 3DS sold (which was also a failure), while being supposed to be more than that anyway
>That's not a failure
Yes, it is.

>544p
>fantastic
Choose one.

No, Nintendo is too "behind the times" for that. Do you really think their online infrastructure could support remote play, with how abysmal NSO is? I do mean a separate handheld and console. It would be NICE, but I have to think realistically here

The phat Vita's 544p OLED screen looks better than the Switch's 720p screen, especially if you were unlucky enough to get a TN panel. Resolution ain't everything.

>The Switch isn't a failure
>I love my bing bing bong yahoo 1-up
Let me check software sales:
Wii + DS combined software sold: almost 2000 million copies
Shittich software sold: a bit more than 200 million

So 10% of what actual success looks like. And the Wii+DS didn't have as many cheap ports from 3rd party publishers.

Oh wow.
The Shittich has sold 210 million copies of software.
While the Wii U - a complete failure - has sold around 100 million copies of software, while having a way smaller install base.

Houston, we have a problem.

What do you mean 1,800 is too much money?

Eh. I can see that line of thinking. We don't even know *what* Iwata's official plan was for NX, just speculation and the final product. He died in July 2015, I'm sure he had some say in the design we see today. I still want a . . .normal setup from Nintendo, a dedicated home console, and a dedicated handheld. Unfortunately with the success of the Switch, I fear we may never see those days again.

544p is about half the pixels as 720p so it isn't that bad for a portable, especially for one that came out back in 2011.
The problem with Vita and its 544p screen was its hardware was nowhere close to where it needed to be to actually run games at that resolution so most of them are well under that number and still have unstable performance. Ninja Gaiden 2 and Deception IV are the only two games I can think of that use a dynamic resolution so games tended to always look blurry with choppy framerates with bad frame pacing.

>just speculation
>and the final product
The Switch is definitely not the NX.

Think logically:
Iwata invented Miiverse. Had a perfect backward compatibility track record. Had even perfect controller backward compatibility. Had Streetpass. etc.

And his plan is supposed to be:
Let's throw that ALL out for a retarded Nvidia tablet that has tons of design issues that were already solved by Iwata and terrible quality, way way way lower than any of Iwata's devices including all the other devices that came before those.

Yes, that makes sense.
Not.

plus Iwata's success stories like the Dual Screen - also thrown out.

Or being customer friendly like offering very cheap optional updates for existing games.

Or his success story called Virtual Console.

Yes, "THROW EVERYTHING OUT. I'M SICK OF THESE THINGS THAT MADE NINTENDO DEVICES SPECIAL"

If that actually was his plan, then I guess that was related to his disease.

Good point. New Nintendo management probably wanted something to appeal to the casual market, a guaranteed win, so they scrapped his designs and went to Nvidia. Its really cool how, as the president of Nintendo, he actually designed the hardware himself. I'm curious as to what his plans might've been, maybe it was a traditional home console, or maybe it was something out there, like you described earlier. Knowing Iwata, it could've been either; a safe bet for his hemorrhaging company, or a bold move in the face of death.

This. The Vita's screen is probably the best screen ever put on a handheld gaming device and the resolution isn't that great. Put that doesn't matter because the quality of the actual screen is top tier.

WOOWWWWW THE SOITCH HASN'T SOLD TO EVERY HUMAN ON EARTH???? LMAO LMAO LMAO FUCKING LMAO WHEN WILL NINTURDS LEARN

Attached: 1560388729744.png (540x482, 190K)

I think Iwata had completely different plans.

Then Iwata got kill.
Suits took over.

Saw Iwata's plans.
"Oh wow, that's completely insane, 3rd party developers will not support us once again" (as if that mattered before)

"What do we do?"

"Here, I found this American company Nvidia"

"Yes, American Nintendo said that they are well known for their GPUs"

"Let's ask them"

Nvidia: "We got these totally superb tablets" (hehe, Nintendo is so stupid buying that outdated crap)

"Nice, we will just use this. Yeah port the games over to it. Quick. We need to release it as fast as possible. Yeah, just do a rush job. It won't matter. We heard from the American division, that we can just patch all the shit out later"

Why do people hate bezels so much?

No dedicated handheld along with a dedicated home console also means that they only have to develop games for one device that can be played both at home or portably. Sony couldn't get things to work with developing for two systems at once either so they threw in the towel early on Vita and went full in on PS4.
Nintendo was struggling hard with 3DS and Wii U both getting games at the same time and both had huge software droughts while focus shifted between the two. Games are only getting more expensive and longer to develop for everyone including Nintendo so a timeline with a 4DS and Wii XYZ instead of a Switch would end up with even worse software support than the 3DS and Wii U got, with longer droughts and less first party games each.

There are quite a few interviews with Iwata (those were also scraped) about NX and other things.

I'm honestly clueless as to why that is, a completely seamless screen rumbles my autism, especially when there's hardware right above, below, or to the sides of it.

>1440p on a handheld gaming device
The fuck? Even slim gaming laptops struggle with 1080p with modern games, and those things often have GTX 1060/1660 Tis in them. You're not putting a 1440p creen, or even a 1080p screen on a tiny device like the Switch unless all you want to play is 2D games.

Current trend in phones today.

>longer droughts
Without all the Wii U ports, the Switch would have been even way worse.

What are the new games?
Almost all of them are ports in one way or another.
Wii U had way more new Nintendo games than the Switch.

Good point yet again. Then Nintendo can still fix this gen. Make the Switch Lite the ONLY portable switch, and make a dedicated home console to support it. Same games library. Add a disc drive, so Wii U, Wii, and GameCube games can be played. Have the Lite work as a Wii U gamepad if you have the Home Console. Virtual console, free online. Better controllers. Of course the console runs games better, but having the option of taking it with you would be great.
That's probably the exact thing that happened. A question, are you a native English speaker? I'm not meaning to insult you, but i get the vibe it isn't your first language.

>A question
None of your bloody business and I'm also sleepy.

Nintendo's handhelds devs are stalling because they have to learn HD graphics.

JUST GIVE ME AN OFFICIAL JOYCON WITH A GODDAMN DPAD YOU FUCKS

SO MANY 2D GAMES AND NO DPAD

>Then Nintendo can still fix this gen. Make the Switch Lite the ONLY portable switch, and make a dedicated home console to support it.
Why do people want a Switch that doesn't switch so badly?

Attached: 1547938271262.jpg (250x246, 19K)

And where are the home console devs?
Wii U had quite a few very well done HD games. And at least some ran sock solid at 60 fps.

But all I'm seeing is ports.

>Why do people want a Switch that doesn't switch so badly?
That's the Switch Mini.
Right.
Another point.
Iwata's plan: let's drop the fucking digipad. Who needs that shit anyway?

Yeah right.

Nintendo doesn't have many big teams so they've been taking awhile. Monolith has to hold basically every studio's hands. Smash Bros being a all hands on deck situation didn't help.

Switch software output isn't great, my point is supporting a hypothetical 4DS that's on par with a Vita on top of a successor to a Wii U would leave both of them with much, much worse droughts than the Switch has had through its life.

Geez Louise, sorry pal.
Anywho, to clearly explain my plans:
>Two sided system, a handheld and a console, with the same games library.
>Handheld is less powerful, but can take games on the go/stream games to the handheld. Uses carts, or downloaded games. Virtual console for both. Free online play.
>Console is equivalent to an XboneX power wise, maybe better CPU. Uses both discs and carts. Disc drive is mainly for backwards compatibility with older systems, but new games can also come on disc. Can stream games to the handheld. Can use GameCube Controllers, Wii Remotes, and the Wii U gamepad. The Handheld can also be optionally used as a gamepad. Free online play. Virtual console for both.
Am I getting this right? A shared ecosystem of games between both systems, game streaming to the handheld, backwards compatibility, VC, and Free Online Play? Sounds comfy desu.

>he seriously believes Nintendo games are demanding in process

says the retard that fell for the 4k meme

And you're today's kid who now has to play ONLY 80s games for the next two years. Hopefully by the end of it you'll understand that GAMING IS NOT ABOUT FUCKING GRAPHICS, YOU FREAKING CHILD.
No, I don't have a Wii3, nor any other console because consoles are shit for so many reasons, but LOLGRAFX isn't any of those reasons.
Get a cheap PC, play real games on it, ignore fucking graphics.

I was born in '99 ans grew up with 80's/90's gaming stuff because poorfag. NES, Gameboy color, and SNES were my childhood.

Have you ever seen a VHS before lil Zoom?

Okay so where are all the good phone games then? Why arent publishers releasing games on the KING of portable gaming hardware then? Oh wait its because they have passive cooling and arent designed to run at full load without melting. Also touch controls suck dick.

Attached: 5901A572DE7C44FF9ECF4EB6275AD01E.jpg (640x429, 38K)

Well that and microtransaction bullshit is the only thing to make money.

Because people don't buy phone games pretty much. People have been conditioned to apps either being free or costing $1~2 that there's no market for companies to make big games and the few who tried all crashed and burned.

i don't think the average person using "lil' zoom" has, no

phones literally run fortnite and pubg you retard zoom zoom

Fortnite is designed to work on email machines from 2006.

>maybe nintendo will use forward thinking
That's pretty much against their whole creed of creating hardware, which is pretty much "use older tech in the most efficient way to sell as cheap as possible"
Nintendo will never make a powerful console

Attached: retarded.jpg (540x261, 15K)

The last "powerful" console they made was the Gamecube and their fate was written after the Wii sold absolute gangbusters, I'm not sure why people want a PC-style console box out of Nintendo or why they think they would or should spring for such a thing. Hell, the Switch is the closest thing to what they're asking for since the Gamecube but it's not good enough because it's not a PS4 Pro.

Attached: 1562290715824.jpg (750x422, 31K)

Thats the mobile market's fault for being a shitheap. That reputation didnt come from nothing