How to make a "hard" boss/enemy according to Memezaki

>give them massive amount of hp or multiple hp bars
>give them infinite stamina
>make them able to kill the player in one or two hits no matter how much hp the player has or what armor they're wearing
>artificially delay the wind up to their attacks to bait the player into dodging prematurely
BRAVO A-TEAM!

Attached: Dark_souls_3_cover_art.jpg (289x345, 48K)

@476192215
>this thread again
Fucking kill yourself you seething nigger

Maybe I do need to gut gud, but I feel like it’s a gamble to try and parry attacks in this game. The timing is really narrow for how many for how many different timings there are for attacks.

>artificially delay the wind up to their attacks to bait the player into dodging prematurely
Name one boss

git gud

Or you could summon one of the many NPCs outside the boss gate that FROM placed there for shitters like you. Git gud or go ezpz mode.

Your're just too pleb to appreciate how rolling for 10 minutes straight is the peak of action game combat

>Take Bloodborne boss
>Put it in a considerably slower paced game
Dark Souls 3 was shit

Those snake niggers in Sen's Fortress. With how long their wind ups are they might as well be minibosses.

truth

le git gud XD

hesitation is defeat

last point is totally valid though

le this but unironically XD

>give them massive amount of hp or multiple hp bars
>give them infinite stamina
>make them able to kill the player in one or two hits no matter how much hp the player has or what armor they're wearing
Is this the sekiro thread?

Worse yet

>take Bloodborne engine
>take away to the ability to side hop, replace it all with rolls
>add 19 kajillion I-frames to the rolls
>have tons of different armor
>but lol it does nothing just like Bloodborne 'MUH FASHION SOULS

You can tell they just slapped it out the door without much thought.

Ds games are only difficult the first play through anyway so who cares.

Pontiff
Nameless King
Soul of Cinder

That's not a boss
Also long wind ups =/= delayed wind ups

Nome of those have delayed wind ups

Just roll

You just made me go back to DS3. Thanks user. I love Miazaki Dark Souls. Sad it's gone

Attached: npdFoWMg.jpg (680x674, 469K)

yes they do

Based

parry doesnt even work properly half the time

nah you just suck

Dark Souls 3 isn't even hard your turbo nigger. Okay the first one.

Are you blind? All of them have moves where they'll raise their weapon then pause for absolutely no reason before swinging. It's cheap because it's counter intuitive. Most players will instinctively roll the moment they expect the boss to attack but since bosses and enemies arbitrary pause before their attack, they'll end up getting hit after they roll.

Long wind ups =/= Delayed wind ups
Instead of blaming your poor reaction time on the game, learn the difference.

One of the fun things about DS3 is when you start offhanding a dagger.
Where is Bloodborne dash? Where there it is. Now add dagger for weapon, or use something like twinblades, and things actually stagger as they would normally.
Its just very odd, since very few of the weapons are intended for the stagger/damage/mobility balance that is transplanted directly from Bloodborne.

1 > 3 > 2

Attached: a toast.png (332x378, 190K)

nintendo fags are overtaxed when bosses dont die by repeating the same shit 3 times like in toddler games like zelda or mario.

Are you dumb?
A LONG wind up is like any other wind up, something you can learn. The wind up is the same everytime the boss performs the attack. Take the Nameless King for example, not a single attack of his changes the wind up throughout the fight.
This is not the same as a DELAYED wind up, where the same attack can hit faster or slower at random, like Blue Smelter Demon. This is not something you can learn. You rely on reactions at best and luck at worst.
If you consistently get hit by attacks that don't have different wind ups, then they aren't delayed. You just suck at fighting that boss and need to learn it's timings.

Stop sucking miyazaki's dick, from drone.

>literally no argument
Stay seething

I will die on the hill that DS3 had the best bosses overall in the series. I know "guy with sword" is a meme but From has never made a good non humanoid boss in a Souls game (we'll include Bloodborne and Sekiro). All Souls games have pretty shitty camera tracking and that flaw becomes heavily apparent whenever they implement a quadrupedal boss.

>DS3
>Massive amounts of HP

Attached: 1556378150610.jpg (500x902, 77K)

"Guy with sword" is a meme. Memes shouldn't be taken seriously.
Both DS2 and 1 have a bunch of guys with swords and they don't see the same level of shitposting.
However you're on crack if you think from has never done a good beast boss.

Attached: Bq4RMon.png (1600x814, 51K)

Which ones do you think were good? My statement was a bit hyerbole but I can't think of a beast boss that was genuinely good. The closest I can think of is Gyobu from Sekiro since he is on a horse. I think that boss is fantastic and probably my favorite boss in Sekiro. Quelag is alright but mechanically she's pretty much a humanoid boss. Actually thinking about it more Sinh is a fantastic boss as well. They can do it but for every good beast boss we end up with absolute crap like Parl or The King's Pets.

There's no way Demon Prince has more health than anything in the game bar none. Either that or his physical defenses are absolutely shit.

Thats just what happens when you have no def, and your entire HP pool is split over 3 health bars.
And most of the fight is that The Prince keeps wasting time by flying around.

No fucking wonder the Iron Smelter DLC was a piece of shit.

Attached: Demon_Souls_Garl_Vinland.jpg (533x800, 124K)

I don't see your point, bosses are pretty squishy if you build well

I replayed DS3 recently, and it made me appreciate some of the boss fight better than the first time I played the,

Attached: Aldrich_Saint_Of_The_Deep.jpg (1600x1131, 287K)

I've only played the Dark Souls trilogy, so out of those
>Sanctuary Guardian
>Kalameet
>Sihn
>Aava
>Demon Prince
>Darkeater Midir
I know that isn't an amazingly large selection but those are the ones I think can be called "good."
And that's not evenough counting macig based bosses like Darklurker who deviate from the humanoid with sword formula and are still great.

so roll you scoon, you dont even need a fucking shield in this game

I completely forgot about Sanctuary Guardian, he is a very good fight. I personally hate Kalameet. Demon Princes is fine fundamentally but I feel it's too much of a DPS race style boss. Aava is meh and I personally was too burnt out on DS when the last expansion came out so I only fought Midir once and just never went back so I can't comment on that. It's not a bad list though and I respect your opinions.

¨Most of the good fights are early. The deeper into the game you go, the more the enemies are trending towards infinite stamina and no recovery.
I do enjoy the Lothric fight, mostly because its a okay gimmick boss.

you forgot:

>giving fast bloodborne animations to enemies/bosses while slowing down the player

You also forgot
>Reduce attackspeed for most weapons post launch via patching
1.0 is a extremely different experience from current patch

Attached: DarK_Souls_hallowed_Mask_dad.png (900x900, 1.51M)

didnt even know about that damn

Thats merely what happens when Dark Sword is the KING of all weapons, and people cry about PVP because its the standard sword with the most DPS and largest hitbox.

Attached: The_legend_never_dies_Darksouls.png (942x848, 598K)