THPS came out 20 years ago today. Say something nice about it

THPS came out 20 years ago today. Say something nice about it.

Attached: Screenshot_20190831-131147_Twitter.jpg (1440x3040, 1.1M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8Zx7fFFfPis
youtu.be/V1YeMXE6Wn4
youtube.com/watch?v=WEhBFU7cEkQ
youtube.com/watch?v=QmoCPz5p938
youtu.be/l_Jeyif7bB4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Is he that skater dude?
Looks old

I remember coming home from school one day and my older brother playing THPS2. I was so mad because this meant we wouldn't get another game in a while and why the fuck would you pick a skating game??

Have no idea why he picked it at the time but oh yes did that get us into a skater phase.

Such a fantastic series, only sports games I'll ever play

THPS ruined my life desu

after i played it i bought a skate, joined a degenerate sk8 squad, spend my youth drinking and skating and doing nothing

all my skater friends are now on drugs, dead or having a really shitty life. but god damn we had a blast

thanks Tony Hawk

tony hawk is kind of a dick. he goes on celebrity who wants to be a millionaire instead of donating the money to an actual charity he starts his own right then and there. guy has hundreds of millions of dollars. never thought to start a charity until he wins 100k on a gameshow where he has to donate the money. welp cant let those dollars out of my hands. quick start the Tony Hawk Foundation. Do I even have to look up his real name to know it ends in stein or burg?

btw, guess what the Tony Hawk Foundation does? build skate parks. wow. such charity. really changing the world.

you sound like a little bitch

it sucks that the skateboard game genre died, if the Soul of the early games can be recaptured then fund it

you sound like a big bitch

Tony Hawk is unironically the most based person alive today
youtube.com/watch?v=8Zx7fFFfPis

SO

>youth spent drinking
so like every normal person. I just spent it playing games and now I feel so detached from every retard out there.

Sports games in general lost their soul after the PS2 generation, it's never coming back

I saw Tony Hawk at a grocery store in Los Angeles yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.
He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”
I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.
The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.
When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

Cliched I know, but those first few games had incredible soundtracks

Who was in the wrong here?

Attached: tony-hawlk-tonyhawk-girl-at-restaurant-are-you-tony-hawk-32365975.png (500x430, 60K)

>He took the Bam Margera path instead of the Tony Hawk path
no one to blame but yourself desu

The man's 51, he looks great for his age.

Attached: funi.jpg (982x861, 112K)

you for posting reddit

Wow what an asshole. :^)

Attached: gvfrdes.png (936x1271, 1.48M)

>Do I even have to look up his real name to know it ends in stein or burg?
it's anthony

To this day, Pro Skater and Dead Kennedy fans still bitch at each other in the comment section of any version of Police Truck that does not have a Pro Skater thumbnail.

society at large and the creator that doesn't exist

based

HERE I AM

Skateboarding is dead and was for fags. THPS is dead and was for fags. Sleep tight dead franchise.

based edgy poster

spot the zoomer

Based, every skateboarding guy i knew was a closet homosexual.

SO HERE I AM DOING EVERYTHING I CAN

Attached: 1e91f396391c50b3fd9c65ed9c667a57.jpg (720x960, 154K)

He's in that weird place where everyone knows his name but isn't sure why
>easily memorable name, short and unique
>was everywhere when skateboarding was popular and had a series of great games named after him
>people who didn't play the games or skate would have seen his face and name on the news at some point
>now skateboarding isn't as huge so if you aren't involved in the scene you won't hear about it

THPS2 was the best because it had great levels and it kept track of all possible gaps, lips, etc. you could make in every level. Discovering all of that shit was the best - it's a shame every future THPS game completely abandoned it.

>Skateboarding is dead and was for fags.
I look outside nowadays and every kid is riding a razor scooter. I don't fucking get it, back in my day scooters were for retards who couldn't be trusted with a skateboard or BMX, what gives?

Why didn't he get his own game, bros?

youtu.be/V1YeMXE6Wn4

>here I am this morning
>not "here I am, doing everything I can"

Slightly disappointed desu.

why didnt margarina make his own video game?

Too busy sticking his dick in phil's mouth.

>guess what the Tony Hawk Foundation does? build skate parks. wow. such charity. really changing the world.
and how many skate parks have you built user

Attached: 1453227842548.jpg (400x344, 29K)

ever met the guy?

too humble, he doesn't even think he's that great

What? THPS3 and 4 did as well. Hell, 4 even tells you once you do everything else that you've still gotta hit every single gap for 100% completion if you wanna unlock Daisy without cheating.

Pretty sure he's autistic.

has a lot of the classic signs of it

you'd need at least twice as many fingers as you currently have to play it

SAVE ME TONY

Attached: 1446317221004.png (562x427, 473K)

too busy shooting up drugs and shilling shitty homemade jewelry on instagram

Skate parks built -
OXFAM: 0
Red Cross: 0
Salvation Army: 0
Feeding America: 0
United Way: 0
Goodwill: 0
Wow, all those millions of dollars in donations and not even one skate park?

what does a charity need to do to be worthy?
>I can't believe they build places for people to hang out, experience a hobby and do sports. fuckers

as technology advanced they figured out how to make realism part of sports games
and then only management simulators like madden and pes remain as everything else is not fun to play

He probably went on the show just to promote his charity genius

Underground killed this series. I'd never let my children watch a show called "Jack***" anyway.

Is he still alive?
He was great but crazy

I'M BAM MARGERA AND I'M GOING TO SHIT IN APRIL'S MOUTH WHILE SHE"S ASLEEP

Skate 2 shits all over every Tony Hawk game. If I were the big T I'd be secretly insanely jealous and angry but I get the impression hes never played any other games than his own.

genuinely surprised he hasn't offed himself yet

Attached: 1468876471298.jpg (550x512, 41K)

Of course.
He wasn't a druggie burnout like Bam who's 39yo.
Look how fucked Bam looks in comparison Tony Hawk.

Attached: 442D35DF00000578-4874864-image-m-29_1505181161406.jpg (634x454, 34K)

White morpheus?

Attached: Laurence-Fishburne-attends-the-49th-NAACP-Image-Awards-in-Pasadena-California_12.jpg (234x300, 10K)

The large majority of Americans have this perception that charity has to be for the absolute most destitute and needy because otherwise it's "someone gettin' somethin' fur nuthin'!" Their economic systems have brainwashed them into believing that literally everything in life should be earned by "working hard" (translation: making someone else wealthy) leading to extreme hostility towards anyone who gives or receives freely with no strings attached.

Seven, personally. Almost had an eighth, but I never finished it.

THUG1 was great.
It was THUG2 which turned it into some Jack-Ass wannabe game.
I literally quit when you get traded onto Bam's team.

the shitty backwater town I live in built one two years ago so Im sure skateparks are completely out of fashion by now

Attached: 1A81C4C9-5B07-4B03-97A3-EC74F17FCB64.jpg (800x1000, 241K)

this

He looks more like his uncle than his dad.

>tfw I had and wore his merch

I was 12. This, Jackass, CKY, and tbe XGames being on all summer made for awesome free time as a kid. This was right before DSL took off in the US.

Some of my best memories with my friends(some committed suicide after high school) before the world and life went to shit. When kids could ride their bikes for miles and no one was afraid some virgin incel was going to shoot us up or try and steal a kid.

The fuck! Is that actually him now?

Yep
This photo is weird because This is the least miserable Bam has looked in years but Tony looks extra haggard for some reason
must be the lighting

Attached: xdi2inro07e21.jpg (1011x1024, 126K)

Man aging fucking sucks.
I was just a kid playing THPS on N64 and now we're all old men.

drugs drugs and more drugs
and probably depression, the death of a friend and being estranged from your family

Never gave a shit about skateboarding but hoo man did I enjoy the 2nd game.

youtube.com/watch?v=WEhBFU7cEkQ

Actually a smart idea if you legit want to make a charity for a good cause, instead of donating it to some kikes that will funnel the money into their own pockets. At least when you own the charity you have some modicum of influence as to where that money is going, instead of giving it to steinberg who is "feeding poor children in africa" by paying himself a fat salary and taking vacations in milan.

faggot detected

he looks like DSP's brother or something. they both look like 50 year old men

Right fellow incel?
Imagine using charity funds to purchase awful paintings of yourself and to fund your golf trips to your tax payer funded golf courses. Goddman Jews named Trump stealing all the charity money!

Attached: Screenshot_20190831-142525_Omnichan.jpg (645x669, 182K)

very fond memories of thps4, thug2, and thaw with my brother. we probably have put like 300 hours in multiplayer. he even picked up skateboarding because of the series
i honestly wish i could play more but he overdosed a few years ago

Kids today just can't begin to fathom just how fucking cool Tony hawk and the others made skateboarding in the late 90s. It was, like a lot of things at the time (South Park, WWE, etc.) counter culture and was seen as an edgy thing to do, at a time when there really wasn't that many things that would be considered edgy.

I barely even knew what a skateboard was when THPS came out, but I loved the game. Had my dad drive me to the skate shop and got a world industries board - flame boy with a fucking machine gun. Could obviously never do any tricks but I would just ride up and down the quiet street pretending I was Bob B. then go back inside and play more.

Anyways, THUG is also a phenomal game, my favorite of the series followed by 4. Great story, fun locations, cool unlockables. Anyways, good trip down memory lane

post thps music bros, the nostalgia is real

youtube.com/watch?v=QmoCPz5p938

damn bam looks like DSP

>try to jump golf cart off ramp
>cart misses the ramp and lands on its side
>WOOOOOOOOOOW

Attached: 1uz394x8ps401.jpg (2576x1920, 647K)

youtu.be/l_Jeyif7bB4

YEEEEAAAAH BOOOY

Attached: 2v3ji6[1].jpg (500x525, 57K)

Go back to plebbit faggot.

I've been on Yea Forums since 07, you can go back to whatever shithole you came from or feel free to actually contribute

Who am I kidding though

My best friend died in a car accident four years ago. He's dead and gone. Iceland's his favorite place. I'm gonna build him a skatepark.
You don't have be a musician to be an Earth Rocker. Andrew Stranberg is an Earth Rocker.

My other best friend is on heroin again. He's back in rehab for his sixteenth time. Good luck with that one. Sick of the bullshit. Sick of all this shit. I don't go out anymore, cause I hate every motherfucker, I don't care what they're up to. Four years I wasted, sippin on drinks at the bar, chit-chatting with fucking nobodies. Now I stay at home, like a fucking hermit. I'm not gonna take any shit from anyone.

I know what's going on. I got set up. I got jumped. Thank god Nikki wasn't there to watch me get my fucking ass kicked. She would have wound up with a black eye and prolly went to jail. She has a big mouth.

I live for this shit. I love it. Bring it the fuck on.

Payback's a bitch motherfuck-

My cousin had thps4 and while i thought it was good when i got thug 1 on a whim is when i really fell in love with the series. Played pretty much every game except downhill jam and while nothing is as good as thug 1. They are all atleast fun. sorry for the blogpost

BASS

Whatever happen to Bam Mangina?

Tony looks like that because of all the sundamage, it looks particularly bad in certain lighting.

thps basically was my teenage years

i wish the genre didn't die out. it can be so varied, and has so much potential.

>Skate 2
Hate this meme. Skate 2 and 3 are way worse than Skate 1.

they're cheap, easy to ride, and all the skateboard fags who'd be gatekeeping them died out or got old
parents are much more likely to buy scooters too (whether because it's seen as safer or what, I dunno)